Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Aqueous Transmission Yesterday at 7:59 pmDante HyugaTori Jintaro [WIP]Yesterday at 7:16 pmTori JintaroJoro meeting Sephy!!Yesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaAn Unruly Situation; Unrest SurgesYesterday at 1:33 pmShiro HyugaA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Yesterday at 1:32 pmShiro HyugaLate Night Customers!!Yesterday at 1:04 amJoro ShokkuA Ghost! Where?Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:49 pmJoro ShokkuMerchant MonsterTue Apr 30, 2024 7:32 pmReitenFar Away Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:57 pmReiten
Top posting users this month
12 Posts - 57%
5 Posts - 24%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Haru Hyuuga
Haru Hyuuga
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

Chuunin Semi-finals: Kotetsu vs. Damon - Page 3 Empty Re: Chuunin Semi-finals: Kotetsu vs. Damon

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:37 pm
Alright, you've brought the wrath of God upon ye fer this one. 

The interdiction seals have been edited to allow genin of the village to summon and use S/T abilities inside the village. Not being able to do this just gimps people's builds and wastes time, and if you truly wanted us to make rulings according to the old way, we would have to retroactively void a LOT of threads. 

Now, in the interest of fairness, I'm to allow you both the chance to discuss whether you'd like to continue on from here or start this whole thing over again. If either of you feel we should start it over, we will. If you both agree to continue on, we'll do that. 

@Kotetsu that is my bad on the foot ruling, you are correct. 

As for your vague manipulation dispute, it's rather, er... Vague. In those two instances that you mentioned, yes, edits could/would be needed. Instance A pretty vague, but in a scenario where details are outright missing, rather than vague, an edit may be needed. In instance B, an edit would be needed, because the post breaks other rules in the system. 

Also, neither of you need claim your hits in your OOC posts. In my experience, all that tends to do is irritate your opponent, like dropping the mic before they get their turn to drop a verse. 

Let's figure out the fate of this thread, and then we'll go from there.
Anaphiel Hidemori
Anaphiel Hidemori
Citizen
Stat Page : Stat Page
Remove Remove Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Sensory
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 42750

Chuunin Semi-finals: Kotetsu vs. Damon - Page 3 Empty Re: Chuunin Semi-finals: Kotetsu vs. Damon

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:33 pm
Fair enough, that clears up whether or not his summon is actually there or not. Thank you for clarifying.

For the vague manip stuff I thought it was more or less inferred that in the interest of sportsmanship, opponents would be given the opportunity to clear up issues. I'm guessing in the cases here, that is not the case. If that's how it is, so be it.

My willingness to continue this particular fight (or to start over) really is based on how Damon edits his last post, since an edit is definitely required in order for me to properly post. I'll wait for Damon to respond/post before I decide.

Thank you Haru (and the other staffers involved in the current decisions, since this is a team effort) for putting up with my nitpicking. It's to my benefit to argue out points because it helps me learn in spots where I'm not familiar or skilled in a particular aspect of RP combat.
Haru Hyuuga
Haru Hyuuga
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:17 pm
Kotetsu wrote:My willingness to continue this particular fight (or to start over) really is based on how Damon edits his last post, since an edit is definitely required in order for me to properly post. I'll wait for Damon to respond/post before I decide.

I'm sorry if I've been unclear, but the reason for restarting would be based on Damon having his summon, not the particular way in which he edits his post. This is not a get out of jail free card if you don't like the outcome of the edit, it's a chance to restart in the event that you were not prepared to fight the wolf. Given this admission, I'd prefer you give an answer before he edits, in part to be fair to him, and in part so as not to waste his time editing his post if you're going to ask for a reset anyways.
Anaphiel Hidemori
Anaphiel Hidemori
Citizen

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:55 pm
As per my Skype conversation with Haru, I'm fine with continuing with the fight, once Damon makes the edits necessary for his last IC post.
Damon
Damon
Citizen
Stat Page : The Tengu
Genjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 44150

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:57 pm
Alright. The great fireball that the Uchiha had launched missed since Kotetsu had managed to sense it through the mist and dodge accordingly. This just gave time for Akio to use his enhanced senses to pick up on his scent, tracking his opponent as he started grabbing kunai and placing them on his chakra disk. For some reason, his opponent had decided to run underneath the wolf. Based on how the wolf was wildly thrashing its paws around the area to clear the mist, to no avail, his only option to get to the underbelly would have been between Akio’s arms and under his chest. The wolf remained with his head arched, smelling where Kotetsu was headed. Since the weapons were launched at ‘point-blank range’, two of them would impale Akio through the chest, The 3rd kunai aimed for his neck made connection, the bee sting like pain stinging the dog. Since the kunai was aimed and made connection to its target, the angle that this would have needed in order to occur meant that Kotetsu was underneath the front of the dog; his only way to get underneath the dog, where he stated that he was, was to run between Akio's two front legs and down the length of his body.

Since Kotetsu was running underneath the wolf’s chest from his angle, then it would be assumed that he is running in a straight line to maintain momentum. Since Kotetsu was underneath Akio’s chest when he threw the ‘point-blank’ kunai, he would still have quite a distance to travel before he was able to make it out from underneath the four ton behemoth. In this manner, the kunai functioned in the same way that a bullet did. Even though somebody cannot process how fast a bullet fires, they can still tell when they've been shot. Akio felt like he had been shot. Since the kunai was moving faster than Kotetsu could, upon contact the wolf would slam its body downwards onto the Yuki as he was still running under the chest of the dog, which promptly dropped downwards onto Kotetsu as he would still be underneath the dog, using his weight to crush the Yuki into the ground before the boy was able to escape from underneath the wolf. The wolf would lay down on the ground with Kotetsu trapped underneath his body, probably with a few bones broken, notably his legs from the impact. After slamming down on Kotetsu's body, Akio would ease the pressure up as to not squash the boy into a stain in the arena.

Damon would be on top of the wolf's body, sitting down and nursing his wound as one of the kunai had somehow defied the laws of physics and ripped through Akio's body, piercing his foot. Upon being able to generally sense the massive chakra signature under his dog, that did not require him to focus or anything due to its boosted nature, Damon would ask, “Does this mean I win?” It was probably for the best, as Kotetsu would need swift medical attention, trapped underneath two tons of muscle and all. Besides, Damon needed to get his foot taken care of.

AP: 729 - 1 Three Tomoe = 728 AP
Edited Stats:
Speed: 135
RT: 245
Anaphiel Hidemori
Anaphiel Hidemori
Citizen

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:57 pm
As Kotetsu continued to move underneath the giant wolf, he noticed that the attack did not have the desired effect that Kotetsu had hoped for. Instead of the beast disappearing, it stayed right where it was. He decided to angle himself towards the beast's left side because being anywhere underneath this massive pile of fur and muscle was a bad idea. Almost as if the wolf was thinking the same thing, as soon as the kunai had entered the wolf,  decided to slam his bulk towards the ground. Because of how fast Kotetsu was moving, by the time the large beast hit the ground, the young Chuunin would not be in the way. Kotetsu was definitely aware of what was going on, the beast wasn't moving fast enough to catch him off guard with an attack like that. All the same, Kotetsu had made it with perhaps a meter to spare, travelling 13 meters in a curved arc from where he started until he had made it out from under the wolf. That particular positioning was as follows: Kotetsu was on the left side of the wolf. The wolf at this point was in a spot where its right side was 10 meters from the arena’s edge, and its front was 8 meters from the edge of the arena. Kotetsu was also still in motion in order to avoid any followup attacks from the wolf. 

Because of his Mist Sonar though, he could see that the projectiles had indeed managed to completely travel through its body. 'Must not have hit anything vital...' Kotetsu thought to himself. 'I guess it's time to step it up a notch...' He did note with satisfaction though, that one of the Kunai had gone through Damon's foot. 'Good...He can't really react to anything in this mist either...'

For his next trick, since it required no hand signs or for him to use it, he simply used his chakra to create  spears of ice. One to pierce the wolf’s windpipe, two right under the chest, and 6 more in a line along the length of the wolf. These spears of ice started forming underneath the wolf when it was no more than 1.5 meters above the ground. The spears themselves were 2 meters wide and would grow to 5 meters tall at a speed of 100. Each spear was aimed for a vital area of the body that while it wouldn’t kill the wolf, it would do enough damage to force it to go back to where it came from. Lungs, the heart bowels, kidney were a few targets he had aimed his spears at. They were places that would definitely cause some serious damage, but in a way that wouldn't kill the wolf. As insurance, Kotetsu would also create a pair of spears under where the wolf’s front legs would hit the ground. Those spears were angled to pierce the muscles so that even if it was able to react to the spears, its front would not be able to hold up its weight, or it would not be able to move as fast as it was moving before. 

Should his hunch prove accurate and the wolf did indeed vanish from the surprise attack, Kotetsu would circle around so that he was behind Damon and on his left side while he fell. Not that the other shinobi could see through the mist, but it worked out that this particular angle would work best for what he had planned next. While the boy fell through the air, Kotetsu would make a series of 5 hand seals at his max speed. As soon as he was within 7 meters of Damon Kotetsu would, while also taking his currently falling speed in mind, unleash a torrent of air at him. This blast of air would be angled at 45 degrees in order to achieve the furthest distance and height in order to expel the Chuunin from the arena. While the blast would certainly knock the wind out of Damon’s lungs (and send him flying into the stands, if not out of the arena completely), it would not be able to kill the boy. As soon as Damon’s flight path took him out of the mist, Kotetsu would force the mist to dissipate. With a chuckle he would say softly “Well it looks like Team Damon is blasting off again…”. With that he turned to look at the Hogokage, waiting for his reaction.

(All actions are made at Kotetsu's Max speed unless otherwise stated.)

Jutsu used:

Certain Kill Ice Spears
Great Breakthrough

AP Used:
40AP from CKIS
20 AP from Great Breakthrough
5ap Hidden Mist upkeep
5ap Mist Sonar Upkeep
20 APfrom Wind Rejuvenation

AP Remaining: 594 - 100 (Rank ap removed), - 90 = 404

Jutsu Stats:
CKIS:
Power: 135 (+ 50 scaling, +25 nin power, + 10 Ice power)
Speed: 100 (+ 50 scaling)
Health: 100 (+ 50 scaling)

Great Breakthrough:
Power: 90 (+20 scaling, + 25 nin power, + 25 wind rejuve)
Speed: 40 (+20 scaling)
Health: 40 (+20 scaling)

Stat Changes:
Chakra: 120 -> 170
Speed: 125 -> 175
RT: 185 -> 235

Current Durations:
Hidden Mist: 3/4
Wind Rejuvenation: 3/6
CKIS: 1/2
Damon
Damon
Citizen

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:22 pm
The ice spears targeted vital organs, and since these organs were vital, Akio was killed by the jutsu called certain kill ice spears. Since Kotetsu broke the rules of the tournament by killing the summon who was too protective to simply leave, Damon should win by default.
Brooke Uchiha
Brooke Uchiha
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 7000

Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:42 pm
Staff as a collective ruled that the spears, would kill the wolf. I will defer to their judgement as that is what they are here for. The ruling was that Kotetsu's targeting of vital organs killed the wolf, especially the one to the windpipe as the spear only had to move a short distance to prove lethal and it would choke on its own blood, even if the major organs had not been targeted. The wolf would not be able to react in time to such a fatal wound rendering a de-summon useless even if it had chosen to leave.

Now for my part, I did say no killing in the rules. Because of this Kotetsu is disqualified upon my next IC post which will follow Damon's IC post. I know, this won't satisfy both of you. But we'll move on and get over it eventually. Remember this is a small community and there is no point in holding grudges when there could be so much more enjoyment otherwise. Kotetsu I think you did a tremendous job in the tournament and look forward to see what you do in the future. Damon, I get to look forward to your battle against Yurei, so I won't be waiting long.
Damon
Damon
Citizen

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:13 am
Gluch.

Through the mist, Damon could barely tell what was going on. The air temperature dropped around him. He struggled to run, with a hole in his foot, to the head of the beast. “Akio,” Damon began. He struggled to get the wolf to turn its head so he could look it in its right eye. Damon held the poor beast’s head as the eye turned towards him, studying him. It was hard to tell through the thick mist, but the life was starting to drain out of his very eyes. No, no, no, not again. Damon slid down the side of his summon, landing on the ground, albeit painfully. He groaned as he turned around, his hands extended to feel out what had happened. Akio had dropped down to try to sit on his opponent. That much he could tell based on where the kunai had come from. His hand finally touched a cylindrical surface, cold to the touch. Ice. His hand remained on the cold surface as a wave of shock coursed through his body as a warm liquid slid down the ice, slowly dripping down his hand.

What is… He drew his hand back and slowly held it in front of his face. Without needing to, he could smell it already. Iron. He dropped his hand, rubbing it off on his pants. His eyes deactivated, no longer necessary. Assuming the mist began to clear, Damon would take in the sight of the now dead wolf. You lived up to your name, the chuunin thought to himself. He was speechless, his face blank and void of any expression besides utter shock. Damon simply stood.
Akabayashi Terumi
Akabayashi Terumi
Mizukage
Mizukage
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Click for nudes!
Remove Remove Fūinjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Wind Earth Water Lightning Fire Default
Clan Specialty : Fuinjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 728350

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:16 am
With the wolf dead the giant had little choice in the matter. Its life force was gone, there was nothing to be done as far as healing could go. Standing Kyousuke would speak. “The match is over. Kotetsu, as you know killing results in your disqualification. Damon you move on. The match can be delayed a few days to allow you time to grieve if you would like.”

The kage would make a clone the wolf would need someone strong to move it. “I will have my clone take the body to a place of your choosing for burial or cremation, as long as it is within our borders. I am sorry for your loss.”

Claims: Damon's win and Kotetsu's disqualification. 
(Exit, unless someone has something for me.)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum