Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Lord Paramounts Of The TridentYesterday at 10:00 pmMarabelle BlossomA toughtfull momentYesterday at 9:59 pmMarabelle BlossomDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 9:59 pmMarabelle BlossomThe Fury Meets A FurryYesterday at 1:09 pmIchigo SatoFar Away Tue May 07, 2024 8:56 pmMegami KuogaDoing Your Part (Mission Thread Pt. 1)Tue May 07, 2024 8:18 pmXena UchihaMy Immortal Tue May 07, 2024 7:02 pmDante HyugaDesert BloomsTue May 07, 2024 4:15 pmShogo FreyaRaiden Chills (Open)Tue May 07, 2024 1:51 pmMizuki OhtaAqueous Transmission Tue May 07, 2024 1:51 pmDante Hyuga
Top posting users this month
24 Posts - 32%
17 Posts - 22%
10 Posts - 13%
8 Posts - 11%
4 Posts - 5%
4 Posts - 5%
3 Posts - 4%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Noboru Kaito
Noboru Kaito
Master
Master
Stat Page : The father,
The son,
The daughter
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 155

The Ragdoll and the Wraith's Shadow Empty The Ragdoll and the Wraith's Shadow

Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:46 pm
The Hospital of the Sunagakure was a seriously well kept building. Remembering back to the husk of a structure that was in the Kumogakure, the Raikage wondered whether Ichigo had been able to reinvigorate their old hospital into a modern center of medicine. Both Kaito and Ryuzaki would be able to appreciate such a building in the future, considering the stress their bodies faced when practicing their specialties. If their hospital came close to anywhere near half the quality of the Sunagakure’s Hospital, Kaito would count himself and his fellow Kumogakurians lucky.

Once inside, and hopefully stalked by his living shadow Ryuuzaki, he would approach the front desk, greeting whoever he met with a polite “Hello”, before continuing in his usual monotone “I am Noboru Kaito, the 11th Raikage of the Kumogakure, and I have an appointment with Lord Kenshin Uzumaki. Could you check if he is ready for my visit?”

The visit had Kaito excited, in a way. Kenshin was the ticket for a powerful Kumogakure, if the rumors were to be believed, and he had caused the Kumogakure to rise in power, in a macabre way. He wondered how the visit would go.
----------------------
WC: 195
Ryuzaki
Ryuzaki
Citizen
Stat Page : Ryu
Remove Taijutsu Remove Fūinjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Ryo : 0

The Ragdoll and the Wraith's Shadow Empty Re: The Ragdoll and the Wraith's Shadow

Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:31 am
Ryu followed closely behind the 11th Raikage as they entered the hospital building. He constantly scanned for any sign of trouble as the Raikage took the lead, he was never more than a few steps behind him. The pair were here to met a man named Kenshin, who was a highly ranked SUnagakure ninja, other than that Ryu was not privileged to their purpose here, not that he needed to be to do his current task. However, if he was going to be present for the meeting between the two it might become clearer. Ryu's confidence should have been shaken with his recent failures in the chunin exams, but the actions of his senior had promoted him to chunin anyway. Ryu would not fail in his newest tasks, but he was unsure whether the Raikage saw something he did not in his abilities, or that he just needed someone of an appropriate rank to accompany him as he said.

WC:159
Shin
Citizen
Stat Page : Shin
RIP Kenshin

Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default

The Ragdoll and the Wraith's Shadow Empty Re: The Ragdoll and the Wraith's Shadow

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:14 am
Mia would blink somewhat slowly as the man before her introduced himself as the eleventh Raikage, a position she only recognised due to the literal meaning of the name that was shared by all leaders in of a Shinobi Village. Truthfully Mia didn’t really understand or care for the politics of shinobi, but he was here to meet with Kenshin, and she knew that he was free, so she would do as she had been directed, and inform him of how to find Kenshin.

“Of course, Lord Raikage. Please follow the black line on the floor, it’ll lead you to the Morgue and that is where you will find Kenshin.” She would inform the man in a pleasant tone, bowing her head just a touch when referring to him as Lord Raikage, before smiling at the man. 

----------------------------------------------------------

Kenshin could be found within the morgue, back facing the door as the man simply wrote down notes in his trusty notebook. 

WC: 159
Noboru Kaito
Noboru Kaito
Master
Master
The son,
The daughter

Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:49 am
A black line which would lead the Raikage to a morgue, where he would finally meet the mad butcher Kenshin. A line of thought so ironic he might think himself mad for having heard it out loud, yet it made sense in the context of the world and rumors, which is how Kaito knew he was not sleeping, or under a genjutsu -- the later of which his Hiyu DNA would've picked up on. He appreciated this Sunagakure lass addressing him by his honorifics, something he was still getting used to -- for a man to go from a cook to the head of a military organization in the span of a couple of years is astounding to him -- yet he felt awkward to hear her address Kenshin so informally, as if he were an old friend or a lover. A man of Kenshin's station should have respect attached to the name whenever spoken, but especially when speaking to others. Then again, maybe it was just Sunagakure Culture. After all, even the Lady Kazekage asked to be called Lord Kazekage, so what did Kaito know about the Wind Country's customs.

He thanked her with a couple words, nodding his head but avoiding bowing towards her, before moving out and following the black line that led through the disinfected hallway of the Hospital down to the cold morgue in the basement. Properly lit, even for a morgue, the metallic walls gleamed faintly, the refrigeration units reflecting the lights above, while a few sturdy metallic beds occupied the floors. At the end of it, a thin man in silver hairs hunched over a desk, likely writing something. Kaito walked into the morgue, allowing his steps to be heard, while removing the gauntlets of his armor so his hands could be seen. "Greetings, Lord Kenshin." He would stop in the middle of the morgue, affording Kenshin some distance if he wished to keep it. "I am Noboru Kaito, the Eleventh Raikage of the Kumogakure."

He felt again that sense of excitement he had once felt at the gates of the Kumogakure after resuming his military career. While he had not observed Kenshin in combat as he had observed Kutari Uchiha, a name he only learned months after meeting the man, he had learned Kenshin's name when he read about the lunacy that hunted the ranks of Kumogakurian ninja while deployed across the world. "A man such as yourself might've made a great Raikage, yet you were content in hunting our ninja and taunting our Kage. A man who discharges power with such wild abandon -- a perfect candidate to lead the Lightning Country. You caused me many sleepless nights… back when I was a green horn. It is a pleasure to meet you face to face."

-----------------------------
WC: 460
TWC: 655

Last edited by Noboru Kaito on Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shin
Citizen
RIP Kenshin

Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:15 am
The Ragdoll would be pulled from his notes when he heard the sound of the door to the morgue opening, something that caused him to instinctively activate his Byakugan to see exactly who was pulling him from his work. Hmm… now this was interesting, he certainly remembered the chakra signature of the bodyguard of the Raikage from the Kage Summit, but now the question was why exactly he had come back to Suna and sought him out… and why he had brought a shadow of his own for this meeting. With but a thought he allowed the Byakugan to deactivate, waiting until he could no longer feel the bulging veins around his right eye before turning to face the man, revealing two deep crimson eyes to the man. Kenshin’s face was quite impassive, but the unasked question in his eyes was easy to ascertain if one knew what to look for. The man would speak as he came to a stop near the middle of the morgue, leaving 5m between himself and Kenshin, revealing himself to be the now eleventh Raikage, something that only brought a sardonic smirk to the face of The Mad Medic. The next words spoken by the man only made his dark grin grow wider.

“Greetings Lord Raikage, it is a pleasure to meet you as well, and while your words do me a great honour I can assure you I have never held the desire to be a Kage, the position is far too limiting for my preferences. Please, just call me Kenshin” The deep voice of The Reaper would intone with just a hint of amusement for the Raikage to hear. One may not expect that from Kenshin, especially given that he had been the one to take Suna from Kumogakure and rebuild it, but it was the truth. Sunagakure had been a test, and while it was certainly a test that he had grown to care for a great deal… he still loathed the idea of being the Kage of any village. The spotlight alone was maddening for one such as he

“Forgive me Lord Raikage, but this is a question I must have an answer to. How does The Wraith fare these days? It has been far too long since I last met with my old ally.” The Raggedy Man would then ask, his amused smirk growing ever larger as he leaned back casually against the steel desk behind him and  gazed at the armoured man. 

WC: 414
Noboru Kaito
Noboru Kaito
Master
Master
The son,
The daughter

Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:22 am
Kaito might not ever get used to the sense of culture of Sunagakure, but he would certainly try. Kenshin delicately avoided confirming that he slaughtered Kumogakure soldiers by the handfuls, but commented on how being a Kage did not agree with him. The redhead could certainly sympathize with the feeling, yet knew that he yearned for this kind of political power, a means of asserting himself against those who doubted or belittled him. Moreover, in holding the reins of power, he ensured no foreign power or traitorous weasel could sell out the Lightning Country from under its people.

Kaito was about to start when Kenshin's mocking grin widened, asking about The Wraith, his old friend. Kaito's tattooed eyebrows wrinkled up as he pondered. Wraith… would that be Kutari Uchiha? Nobunaga Hiyu? Yayu Hayate? Who knew, aside from Kenshin and this Wraith. "I don't know anyone who goes by that moniker, or at least they never shared that with me."

He would move on. "Word in the underground is, one can always find a good deal on an organ in the Sunagakure. It just so happens, I'm always looking for a bargain." His experience as a cook and restaurant manager came up for a second. "Do you do discounts on bulk sales?"

---------------------
WC: 211
TWC: 866

Last edited by Noboru Kaito on Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shin
Citizen
RIP Kenshin

Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:17 am
Kenshin would release a deep chuckle as Noboru revealed that he had no idea whomst he was referring to, although for the time being he would wait and allow The Raikage to continue speaking. So it seemed that the man had come here to procure some organs, and likely not only for himself, but for others in Kumogakure, something that honestly meant little to Kenshin. He was more than happy to operate his little business, and he cared not what someone chose to do with an organ once he sold it, even if they chose to sell it at an inflated price. Hell, them doing that would likely be good for his business since it stood to reason that they would come to buy more from him once they ran out of stock. 

“My apologies Lord Raikage, I was unaware that he wouldn’t have gone by that name. Kutari Uchiha is the name you would likely know him by, although it is very unlikely that he is STILL using that name, or the face that you would have initially placed alongside the name.” The Ragdoll would reveal, his smirk not exactly mocking but certainly amused with a knowing gleam in his crimson eyes, although that amused smirk would be replaced by a serious expression after only a few moments

“Before we continue with business though, I would like the opportunity to clear the air and hopefully remove any existing grievances between myself and Kumogakure, despite the fact that it appears you don’t hold my previous actions against me.” He meant what he had said as well, as despite The Raikage appearing to hold no hard feelings for his actions he would like the man to understand them a little better. 

“I’ll be blunt, I attacked Kumo because it had grown weak, and I wanted to force the village to grow strong once more… it had grown soft under the protection of Mortarion and Maku the Conqueror, and when the two of them disappeared so did the fangs that Kumo once had. I was planning to attack all of the villages in the same manner as I did Kumo, but I chose to start there solely due to the waning strength of the empire… to show that they had gone from a force that was able to conquer a third of the nations in a few short years to a middling force barely able to protect their own walls. My plans were waylaid when Kirigakure and Konohagakure attacked me and my forces here in Suna, and shortly before the attack ended I had Kutari head to Kumo, where I know he killed the wannabe conqueror sent by Kiri, and took the mantle of Raikage, the Ninth if I recall correctly.”

“Kutari and I were friends and allies, I held a great deal of respect for him and I know he held the same for me… we became allies in the first place because he agreed with my plan and wanted to help force the growth of the shinobi that hid behind their walls. But… while our interests and goals aligned, our methods were very different… and when he decided to take the mantle of Raikage and foster that growth in Kumo, in his way… I decided to do the same here in Suna, and thus… the Suna that you see now was born. In many ways Kumogakure and Sunagakure are extremely similar, but what I am more interested in are the ways that the villages differ… because that just goes to show how very similar ideas with different executions can shape an entire society.” Kenshin would explain, going so far as to explain exactly how and why Sunagakure and Kumogakure had been shaped by their respective ‘creators’, and just how similar they truly were. It was information that was only truly known by himself and The Wraith, but in the end it wasn’t truly important, just interesting and something Kenshin felt would hold some meaning to the man that stood before him.

“So there you have it, the whole sordid story, and with it you get an apology for me talking so much, the opportunity to clear any bad air that may between myself and Kumo is just too good for me to pass up.” The Reaper would then say with a light chuckle. 

WC: 723

Ryuzaki likes this post

Noboru Kaito
Noboru Kaito
Master
Master
The son,
The daughter

Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:36 pm
The silverhead unveiled the Wraith as Kutari Uchiha, the Unnamed Conqueror in the records of the Kumogakure; Kaito would make sure to correct it once it was safe to let that information live on. “I did meet Kutari Uchiha, very recently too. Your friend is doing well, but he is currently working for Kumogakure, so I’m afraid I can’t share too much about him at the moment. I hope you understand.”

Before Kaito could continue, Kenshin’s expression soured, and he started on a tirade. Kaito tried keeping his expression as stoic as he could muster -- he nearly allowed himself to vent his frustration with a nasal huff, but he caught himself just in time to not insult the red eyed monstrosity as he vented the events as they transpired so long ago.

Kenshin explained how he had attacked Kumogakure due to how big of a target they were, especially considering how their strength had waned. More like complacency was allowed to set in, discipline was not enforced, the ranks became lax, and the rest… Well, the rest is history. He went on to speak about his friendship with Kutari -- and in Kaito’s mind, he connected the dots that Kenshin was the man that Kutari had been working with, and to whom he had reported after having been so shortly in the Kumogakure. The two of them drifted when Kutari decided to take hold of Kumogakure, and Kenshin took hold of Sunagakure; Kaito had to give him props for the work he had done, and he might’ve if Kenshin didn’t go on. He had to agree with Kenshin; the differing approaches had resulted in different societies, yet, while he couldn’t speak of Suna, he knew what happened with Kumo. “To be fair, Kutari’s views were already aligned with Kumo’s views. We just needed to be reminded of it. You seem to have really pulled this place together though, congratulations.”

The silver haired was kind enough to apologize for the long story, which Kaito appreciated and he nodded to Kenshin as he extended the apology. “It’s ok. I can understand why you felt there might be bad blood between us. I wasn’t aware that you and Kutari were working together, but I also can’t fault you for your crimes against the Lightning Country and the Kumogakure. As I see you, you were not the illness, just a symptom. The true cancer that plagued Kumogakure was, as you said, the fabled conquerors that disappeared without trace. They elevated the Kumogakure, but were not able to keep it there. That is why I can’t bring myself to hate you. As far as I can tell, you saved the Kumogakure from itself. So, thank you, Kenshin Uzumaki, for humbling us.” Kaito took a curt bow.

“That being said, that is exactly why I’m here. I want to bring power back onto the Kumogakure, and heard you had power for those who could afford it. And I wasn’t kidding about the discount, if you give any.”

-------------------------------
WC: 500
TWC: 1366
Shin
Citizen
RIP Kenshin

Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:28 pm
The Reaper would give a small smile when Noboru spoke of Kutari, and how he didn’t exactly change Kumo, but more reminded the village of what it truly was… of what it had forgotten it was under the rules of Mortarion and Maku. He would give a small nod of thanks when the newest Raikage congratulated him on what Suna had become. He couldn’t take all the credit for that either, Mizuki was invaluable when it came to attracting new and powerful people to the village and convincing them to stay… that woman could sell spiders to an arachnophobe. Kenshin would raise a brow when the man said that he was simply a symptom of a larger problem, although understanding would dawn when he confirmed that he believed the true cancer to have been the duo that had taken Kumogakure so long ago… and truthfully, Kenshin agreed with that statement. He would bow his head a little when he was thanked for ‘humbling’ Kumo, and that small smile on his face would grow just a little larger… yes, the plans he had formed so long ago had certainly bore their fruits, and what sweet fruits they were. 

“You know… I truly believe that you are exactly the type of man that Kumogakure needs at its helm right now, because you actually understand something that a lot of Kage don’t… you understand that Kumo is something more than yourself. You truly would be shocked by how many Kage don’t understand that simple fact. Maku and Youka were prime examples of it… Kumogakure became what it did due to them and their inaction, Maku personally saw Kumogakure take a third of the nations… but the shinobi below them took to relying on that power and grew complacent… weak. The Raikage that took the mantle upon his disappearance, Komori Hozuki, was little more than an arrogant child… he knew how to speak but little else, and I will admit to him being the main reason I chose Kumogakure as my first target. He was quite content to lick the boots of the former Mizukage during the last Kage Summit… and I will certainly admit to being sickened by that.” The Ragdoll would say, a proud gleam in his eyes as he gazed steadily at Noboru. As he got to speaking of Maku his face would become stony, and a sneer would form as he spoke of Komori and his antics in the last Kage summit. 

“Kutari would have been the perfect man for the job were it not for two fatal flaws… he is quite quick to deem something unworthy of his effort to help, and the methods he employs to ‘help’ are quite brutal… too brutal for someone at the helm of a village. What you are doing now, approaching me to buy bulk transplants for the shinobi of your village… that is something that my old ally would never have done, he would have purchased some for those he deemed ‘worthy’ of helping… but only one or two people would have met those standards.” The Ragdoll didn’t feel the need to inform Nobo that Kutari had actually done exactly that at one point. 

“On that note though, you have heard correct. I do indeed sell transplants to those that have the ryo for them, and I am more than happy to provide discounts for those who are making larger purchases. So tell me, are there any bloodlines in particular that you would be interested in purchasing?” The Raggedy Man would then ask, his amused smirk returning at full force. 
Noboru Kaito
Noboru Kaito
Master
Master
The son,
The daughter

Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:51 am
Kenshin listened to the Raikage as he spoke, and the redhead might've even forgotten this was half of the duo that brought the world to heel at one point, contending with the seemingly unstoppable force that was the Kirigakure/Konohagakure army.

He listened and nodded along, showing his interest in Kaito's opinion, and even went as far as to opine that Kaito was what Kumo needed: a Kage who understood that the Kumogakure was the people rather than the Kage.  It was kind of weird to think of it as such, yet he knew exactly what Kensgin was talking about, and it was part of the reason why he had accepted the role in spite of what he perceived as a lack of preparation. He spoke of how Youka and Maku paved the way for weak Kage by having all the power and sharing none of it. "Certainly explains the heads you delivered", quipped Kaito, not amused but forlorn, understanding.

When he spoke of Kutari, Kaito remembered how he had sliced Jin's leg off and let him behind in the field of rot after Jin suggested he might be able to give medical assistance. Moreover, Kaito had been one of these people Kutari had deemed worthy of helping, as when he had brought him the kidney of the would-be conqueror Nobunaga. "Kutari had his moments, but I will never forget that he saved us as well", he said. "The Kumogakure was in a downward spiral, and Nobunaga Hiyu was the final nail in our coffin. Kutari was the axe that tore the coffin apart."

"As far as transplants go, I am sorry to say I do not know what I want yet: all I know is I will know when I see it. I would like to know if you have any valuable dojutsu; Sharingan or Byakugan, or anything else. I would like to take some Hiyu DNA back with me as well, if you have any. Any DNA that affords better chakra control will also do."

He would turn to his shadow. "Since you're here, you might as well help. What should we bring? You read that DNA book, c'mon, start earning your wage."

---------------------------------
WC: 365
TWC: 1731

Last edited by Noboru Kaito on Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum