Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Late Night Customers!!Today at 3:08 amDaikiAqueous Transmission Yesterday at 7:59 pmDante HyugaTori Jintaro [WIP]Yesterday at 7:16 pmTori JintaroJoro meeting Sephy!!Yesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaAn Unruly Situation; Unrest SurgesYesterday at 1:33 pmShiro HyugaA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Yesterday at 1:32 pmShiro HyugaA Ghost! Where?Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:49 pmJoro ShokkuMerchant MonsterTue Apr 30, 2024 7:32 pmReitenFar Away Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:57 pmReiten
Top posting users this month
12 Posts - 57%
5 Posts - 24%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Fenrir
Fenrir
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 1700

A New Partner: Levi! Empty A New Partner: Levi!

Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:50 pm
As Jack walked to the training field, he thought about what he was going to be doing.  He planned to help a new genin he had met in town train and hopefully make another ally.  The genin's name was Levi Omi, and Jack was hoping to teach him a few jitsu while he trained himself to do Body Flicker.  As he arrived, he noticed that Levi had yet to arrive, so he started his training, using his chakra to speed himself up, making a Flicker between where he was and where he is now, although you could still see his movement from place to place.  As he continued his training, he faced the path from the village to training ground, awaiting Levi's arrival.

WC 123

Last edited by Jack Hyuuga on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Levi Omi
Levi Omi
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 500

A New Partner: Levi! Empty Re: A New Partner: Levi!

Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:10 pm
Normally Levi wouldn't associate with people in town, but today he met Jack, a fellow Genin who seemed to been at training longer then him. Jack seemed like a likeable guy and someone who could understand him better then the others from his own class. But enough about that.

Today Levi was supposed to be meeting his uncle, a ninja from his clan, but in a different village. His uncle was there to talk him into moving in with him and carrying on the legacy there. Levi didn't want that, he would be telling his uncle just that. Well he would if the old man ever showed up that is. 

The promise to meet Jack instead seemed like a better one, so Levi dressed in his usual clothes: white shirt, blue button up, baggy khakis, and sandles. Making sure everything looked right, he penned a letter for his uncle denying his offer and telling him were he could be found.

Shutting his front door he started to walk to where he said he would meet Jack, instead he took off at a run enjoying the feel of the wind through his medium length brown hair. His tall frame seemed at ease, even though it looked like he could trip at any minute.

Making it to the spot, just outside the village, Levi looked at how quick Jack was moving on his own. "I bet I could still out run him." He thought as he made his way towards Jack.  "I'm surprised this is the place you wanted to meet." Stopping a few feet away, he smiled or smirked, depending on how you saw it.  "Levi Omi, last of the Omi clan in Konohagakure Village. How may I help you Jack?" As he spoke there was a hint of sarcasm in every syllable, more on instinct then on purpose.

(308 words)
Fenrir
Fenrir
Citizen

Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:23 pm
"Well, I suppose we should start with teaching you a few basic jutsu, ones that I learned before graduating from the academy." These shouldn't take too long with a teacher, after all, it took Jack a day to learn two from a teacher. "Substitution Jutsu lets you trade place with any object you have on hand and go about fiftymeters away, using chakra to make them think they've hit you for about a second.  It's used in combat situations.  Surface Walking lets you use you're chakra as an adhesive to walk on water or any other surface you normally couldn't.  It can be used in a variety of situations.  Which would you like to learn first?"  While speaking, Jack continued to body flicker in a triangle, expanding it as he went a greater distance, but keeping himself in front of Levi.

WC 141
Levi Omi
Levi Omi
Citizen

Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:40 pm
As Jack kept moving, among explaining why they met there in the first place confused him. Part of him wondered if this older kid just wanted a punching bag. Some of it made sense, after all he did hear about jitsu in the academy. Relaxing his posture, he took a few steps towards Jack and smirked. "I'm more of a physical fighter and lack aptitude in chakra. How am I supposed to learn any of this jitsu?"

Folding his arms over his chest, he continued to watch jack and wonder how this older kid was going to teach him anything, especially with Levi having natural speed and strength from all the early sessions with his father. "If I had to chose it would be substitution jitsu, for the ease of having things near by. The other sounds useful as well, but I will say again, I don't have an aptitude for chakra. Taijutsu, is my specialty."

(157 words)
Fenrir
Fenrir
Citizen

Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:08 pm
"You've already learned two jutsu, otherwise you wouldn't be a genin right now.  Also, both of the jutsu I named can be learned by an academy student, so you would have no trouble with them.  Anyway, since you'll be learning substitution, we should get started now.  When performing substitution, you should have something solid, with a good amount of weight behind it,like a log." As Jack spoke, he slowly raised the speed of his flickering, along with the distance, until he was pushing to his maximum. "You go get that training dummy over there, and I'll get everything ready with it." Assuming Levi retrieved the training dummy, Jack would proceed to sswiftly kick it three times, snapping it in half.  He would then hand the top half to Levi. " Back up about 15 feet, when I hit the count of three, I want you to substitute with the top half.  First set it down next to you.  Don't use your arms, use only your chakra. 1... 2..." As he said three, Jack body flickered about 15 feet away from Levi, Throwing the lower half of the dummy at him at about half force. " 3! ", Jack shouted as the lower half of the dummy flew at Levi.  Hopefully he could at least get the dummy in front himself, otherwise he would be having to carry him to the hospital.  Well, this should work, after all, Ari used it nicely on Zak.  That was a good memory, I should try making more of those, Just to even out the good and the bad.  Anyway, lets hope he doesn't get broken by this.

WC 271
Levi Omi
Levi Omi
Citizen

Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:29 pm
What Jack said was true, he did learn two jutsu in the academy, but each one took months and months to even get the first one down. He actually doubted that he could learn substitution in one training session. Shrugging his shoulders, he let Jack do all the talking, since he wasn't really accustomed to talking a lot.  As Jack told him what to do he shrugged and walked over to the training dummies.  Ripping one down, he carried it over and dropped it at Jack's feet.

Folding his arms, he watched Jack tear it in half like it was nothing.  Catching the top half with one hand, he held the broken body like it was nothing. At the word of put it next to him, he dropped it and moved slightly. Positioning his right leg behind him and his left leg forward, he brought his hands up and steddied himself. Not knowing what Jack had planned, he waited in silence. Breathing in and out in a controlled manner, he kept himself from panicking.

One thing Levi found easy was self control, it kept things going smooth for him. Dropping his shoulders, he shook the hair out of his eyes and listened to Jack. The bottom half was going to be coming at him and he had to substitute himself for the doll.  "Dammit, this won't go well." He muttered to himself as he dugdeep within himself to access the little but of chakra he had within him. Closing his fists he slowed his breathing down and focused. Soon the bottom half was coming at him, panic was the last thing on his mind, until it got closer. 

Throwing up an arm, he aimed to bat it away from him.  The sting of the impact, compared nothing to the ache he would feel in the morning.  The bottom half didn't fly far, but it flew a few feet away from him. Grabbing his arm he groaned slightly as he felt the tender spot of where it had hit and where his arm had deflected it.  "I didn't expect to stop it I didn't know how to use my chakra to pull it to me and take my place." Picking up the dummy, he tossed it towards Jack. 

"Let's try again." Knowing that could have been worse, he didn't care. In fact it was probably a lot worse then it felt.  Flexing his knuckles, he felt quite a bit of pain from the motion.  Pulling off his blue button up, he tossed it to the side, as he went back to the dummy top. Untucking his shirt, he sighed softly and went back into position.  This time he swithced his feet putting the right in back and the left upfront. The stance was normal feeling to him, his father called it south paw. 

Raising his hands up, he waited for Jack to be ready.  Assuming he got the dummy half and got back into his own position, Levi nodded towards him the moment he was ready for the second attack. When the second attack would come, Levi felt the pull of his chakra and the second blow would only hit part of him, as the dummy would take most of the hit. Groaning, he rubbed part of his shoulder that was hit. "Dammit, that hurt worse then the first time." Chucking the top at the ground he glared at Jack. "Are you trying to hurt me or is this your way of teaching? That shit hurts." 

(533 word count)
Fenrir
Fenrir
Citizen

Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:45 pm
Damn, this kid was having much more difficulty then Jack himself had.  " This is one of many ways to teach, and is the fastest that I know of.  Since this jutsu takes less focus than most, and tends to be needed in the middle of a fight, you should learn to use it when there are consequences for failure.  For example," Jack said as he slid a kunai out of his right pouch, positioned on his hip. " In a fight, most enemies will attack you from a range, using things such as kunai or shuriken. In this case, it will be a kunai.  I hope you succeed this time.  Then again, it will be more entertaining if you fail.". He pulled the kunai back preparing to launch it at Levi.  " Risks need to be taken to ensure a speedy progression... 1... 2...". Jack launched the kunai forward, shouting "THREE!".  This should work, after all, he was almost successful last time, and this time he had to block much less, although much more painful if he did fail.

Since this isn't a battle, I believe we shouldn't include sharpness, damage, or health, and just estimate for training.

WC 177
Levi Omi
Levi Omi
Citizen

Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:55 am
Levi had dealt with a lot more damage then a bruised up arm. One time before, his father had dislocated and broke his left rotary cup in a training simulation. Pain was nothing to Levi, but he isn't as healthy as he once was. The academy after all, took a lot out of him more then he had to begin with.  Exhausted he stood there and listened to Jack. So far he had done good, now was for the real test. Resetting the top half of the training dummy, he tossed the other one towards Jack, watching it land near his feet.

Getting back into position, he felt the tingle of pain from his left arm. The shoulder didn't seem to hurt as much as the forearm, especially when he made a fist. Part of him knew he would need to see a professional healer when this was all over, but he would take care of that later.  All he needed was to focus now at the task at hand.  

Seeing the kunai, he swallowed hard. He knew from training, that they were sharp and fast weapons, hardly missing their mark. Where Jack was aiming made Levi very nervous.  The fact that he could be impaled by a kunai his first day out on his own, made this moment all the more concerning.  What would his father say if he failed?  Gripping his fists, he nodded at Jack who threw the kunai. The closer it got the less nervous he was.

Closing his eyes briefly, he heard the this of blade into wood. Opening them, he saw the dummy half in air, with the blade sticking out of its sternum.  Knowing that could have been him, he sighed softly.  The body top dropped and he dug the blade out, holding it in his hand, still not believing that he did it and with such little health taken away. He was wounded, true, but he would always remember Jack and his guidance.

"I did it, what's the other one again?" Smirking as only he can, he rotated the blade in his hand, letting himself get used to the weight, for the day that he bought his own.

(366 words)
Fenrir
Fenrir
Citizen

Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:55 am
As Jack watched the kunai slam into the dummy, he felt a small surge of pride, the same one he felt when he had taught Zakary. Well, I'm 2 for 2 with students so far, although one may have a broken arm. He remembered that Levi was standing right across from him, awaiting an answer. "Next up would be surface walking, which will be more difficult for me to break your arm with. Your spine though, that could be done.". As he spoke,he walked to a nearby tree, focusing his chakra into his feet, and began walking up the tree. By now he was about 30 feet away from Levi total. " Would you mind throwing me that kunai? They cost money." He was somewhat hoping the kid would aim for him, more so hoping he aimed for the tree. After all, catching a kunai was somewhat hard. While awaiting a kunai throw, Jack would continue with the lesson. " Focus your chakra into your feet, and focus on sticking. Start with the tree, its solid, easier than water." The kid would no doubt very this easily, at least he would be entertaining with the way Jack planned it.

WC 198
Levi Omi
Levi Omi
Citizen

Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:35 am
At last Levi felt some pride, he had managed to do the jutsu easier then he had with the ones he had learned in the academy. Then again, having a blade thrown at you made things work quicker, especially if the blade was going to go into your sternum. Levi had to give it to Jack, he knew what he was doing, even if it was a little harsh at times.

Now came the walking on stuff, something that intrigued him from early on. As Jack explained it he watched him climb up the tree like it was nothing. At the mention of the kunai, he nodded and smirked. Gripping the tip of the blade, he threw all his strength behind it as he sent it soaring blade first into the tree a few feet above Jack.

Kunai and other thrown items he had a bit of a knack for in the academy.  Jogging over to a tree near the one Jack was on, he sighed and rolled his shoulders, finding a pinch of pain there. Ignoring the pain for now, he reached out with his uninjured arm and touched the bark.

The rough wood felt warm to his touch, it also felt like an unstable surface, but so far Jack had been helpful and he didn't want to let him down. Stepping back until his fingers were barely touching the bark he raised a foot to the base and pressed firmly on the wood. Leaning foreward, he gripped the bark with both hands, as he brought his other foot up. 

Pulling up on the bark, he climbed a little higher, knowing he probably looked very stupid. He usually did when it came to learning jutsu. Taking a deep breath, he pushed his fingers away from the bark, feeling his body shake as he tried to get used to walking up something. Smirking because he seemed to balance out and was a few feet above ground.

That was until he went to take a step without his hands and fell backwards onto the hard ground with a solid thud. Air rushed out of his lungs as he gasped and saw stars from the bump to his head. Pushing off the ground, he grumbled and set his focus back on climbing the tree. Taking a few steps back, he ran and jumped at the tree, feeling his feet make contact and stick again.

Climbing or rather walking up the tree, he moved to the side facing Jack's tree. Assuming he got his blade, Levi launched off and grabbed the tree. Swinging his feet under him, he gripped back on and looked around for Jack.

"I got the hang of this better then the substitution. Anything else you want to teach me or is the day getting away from us?" Smirking he walked up a few more feet and sat on the branch there, awaiting an answer. Even though he was physically damaged and his chakra was almost depleted, he was eager to learn more, way more eager then he was in the academy.

(510 words)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum