Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Far Away Today at 10:02 pmAmikiri GuhinGenin Gear Up !Today at 7:04 pmTalon TauHere We GoToday at 2:32 pmAyato HyuugaLife is a HighwayToday at 2:32 pmAyato HyuugaTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Today at 2:32 pmAmikiri GuhinBreakaway (exit)Today at 2:31 pmAyato HyuugaA toughtfull momentToday at 2:30 pmAyato HyuugaSomewhere Out There Today at 2:30 pmAyato HyuugaEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Today at 2:29 pmAyato HyuugaA Dark Mark, The Fourth ShotToday at 2:28 pmAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
261 Posts - 42%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
36 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape

Spilling the Tea [Summit]

+5
Gogyou Bushuugi
Mizuki Ohta
Travin Iburi
Ryouta Shinkou
Murata
9 posters
Go down
Ryouta Shinkou
Ryouta Shinkou
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : Ryouta's Log
Remove Remove Fūinjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Konohagakure
Ryo : 71500

Spilling the Tea [Summit] - Page 2 Empty Re: Spilling the Tea [Summit]

Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:32 pm
Fingers intertwined showing the sleek black almost claw-like features of his left arm and his regular fingers of the right as he relaxed in his seat to respond to the Kazekage," Pessimism is a strong suit among shinobi these days it seems. You think you may see another Kage after me, but unless death claims me and my soul returns to the abyss there will be none after me. Whatever animosity you hold between my predecessors does not mean you take their deeds out on me. They are not me and I am not them. Their actions do not and will not reflect the village and that is the reason they are no longer Kage and I am here," he didn't say anymore on the matter and he didn't feel the need to. He may have been the youngest in the room at the moment but he was by no means a child. The past Ishi would have took that and apologized for the actions of others, but he didn't make those decisions. They did and he was not going to take their failures. With that however he turned to Karruchi to ask her something but decided not to. Instead he would turn back to the table and order a pot of Ginsing tea and a bottle of white plum sake. As he waited for the delegation of Kumo, his amber eyes would move across the room looking more so at the guards not in a demeaning way, but instead gathering a silent observation of them. He didn't have any opinions as of yet but the arrival of Kumo meant the beginning of the meeting and the turn of events that could spell the freedom of his home.

The Mizukage began the meeting with the Chuunin exams, an event he went to Hoshi to participate in but ultimately did not due to a change of mind. Listening to the situation he would rest his chin on top of his hands that were still clasped together and blink as a question was presented to him," Konoha has received neither a letter or summon to retrieve Fu. To my knowledge nothing has been sent even about the situation, and i've had plenty of time to go through the mess of the previous two Kage. No offense to Ita, the previous Hokage as he kept a decent record of events, but nothing is there. Since nothing has been given and this is personally my first time hearing of this then we will dig into this situation to find out the status of our shinobi and if needed retrieving her," this news came as a surprise since Ishimaru didn't have any inclination that this incident even occurred. It would have made sense to send a letter to the village in order to talk about what was going on. More to the point, he would give it a moment before speaking once more," If I may speak freely while this information is something I am thankful for, but I must press on the reason I am here. I do not hold anyone for the mistakes or actions of those who were in power before them, but the pressing issue of Konoha still being "oppressed" or aptly put chained to Kiri still needs to be addressed. I know that Wan Senju previously sought help from Suna to liberate our home from the shackles of Kiri which to this day has still not brought any fruitful results and the summit only exacerbated the issue... I personally do not think this needs to drag out into a war we do not want. In lieu of that I want to peacefully end what was originally started by Xyxer Gyojin so that going forward there is no need for us to continue this cycle any longer," he was stern in his words, but also spoke respectfully on the matter. He knew this wasn't going to go well and was prepared to continue the conversation, but by doing this whatever war that was being brewed on the horizon would finally come to a close.

683 WC

Fu, Gogyou Bushuugi, Ichigo Sato and Murata like this post

Mizuki Ohta
Mizuki Ohta
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Mizuki Ohta
Mission Record : Mizu's Log
Remove Remove Remove Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Medical
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 330650

Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:22 am
The Mizukage’s innate nature to smooth things over drew her attention - along with the vocal assumption the kitchen was the only thing she kept her eye on. All of it was very interesting to bear witness to so far, the changing tones of words mixed with the never ending beat of hearts into a symphony of information. The mood of the room was shifting, and as palpable as the tension might be to those in company it felt more like an exposed minefield - just who and when to push and when. The mine she was tinkering with at the moment however was playing at words with her it seemed - slowly she turned her face away from the blank wall to stare at the newest Hokage - just in time to see his fingers lace together as he gave another insightful bit of commentary.

“You may not be them in body, but you are a living embodiment of their actions, did you even know our villages were allied or was that just lost in the exchange of outwear?”, she would have pressed further but the delegation from Kumo was coming up the elevators now - and were set to enter the room in mere moments. She took those few seconds left for her to turn and lean her back against the chair’s back, positioning herself to be facing the doorway as the two entered. Though she was quick to respond to the Mizukage’s words all the same, “Unproductive? Your predecessor made it a fucking joke, and thats saying the least.” With that the doorway was graced once more with new participants.

What an entrance it was too - for a moment - two completely blacked out men walking into a room with not an ounce of skin visible would raise the hair on many men’s neck; but then the one removed his mask. His voice was deep and his face matched well enough to it, scarred and tattooed to add enough character. It was the pun that made her eyebrow raise however, above her normal eye, and caused her mouth to open slightly completely taken aback. There was nonchalance then there was …. that. The low growl coming from behind her perked her interest, causing her to look over her shoulder to gaze at the overlooked sword slung over the back of the chair of the Mizukage - she had been so focused on the woman she had completely ignored the obviously recognizable relic of a sword Samehada. 

Her whole body language was screaming relaxed - leaned back on a chair, elbows back to hold her up, back turned to some of the most powerful beings in the shinobi world - but something suddenly felt off. There was a heartbeat in this room she had heard before and it wasn’t obvious as to who, and that irritated her - pressing her lips together as the two men picked their spot to settle she would turn suddenly again and slip into her seat with her left hand coming up in a fist to catch her jaw. Her whole demeanor had changed in the blink of an eye, the carefree glee was replaced with a stone exterior, and her eyes held none of the excitement they did seconds before - now they stared without emotion.

So a synopsis of the meeting's topics were given to everyone but those who should have had it, interesting. First up on the mysterious agenda was the Chuunin Exams, the very meeting place of the two women - her eyes narrowed slightly as she spoke, the Byakugan having turned off the moment the men entered the room and the doors had closed. Her gaze never left that face as words began again from the young Hokage, only when the words, “Nothing has been sent even about the situation-”, did her gaze flick over to stare at the man. “Oh I know about that, the Hogokage was keen to explain that he had contacted the previous Mizukage about Fu, since she was a Konoha shinobi it must have seemed obvious to him to contact above the paygrade of the Hokage and go straight to the source.” She did not further inject as he continued, voicing his knowledge of the Sunagakure involvement with a very tilted retelling of events. Though he pressed on, calling for a peaceful resolution - of which she too tried once before and was shot down. The glee was gone but it was slowly being replaced with an amused smile - so Sunagakure failed and only exacerbated the issue, and with the way the new Mizukage was speaking he was going to get just that with no issue. What… a fucking joke. 

Slightly leaning back in her seat her gaze moved up to the ceiling between them as the two would begin their deliberation, hands moving back to grip the arms of the chair far tighter than was necessary. How funny was this, it was like watching her own life on repeat but with all of the proper variables in place - you try to do a good thing and look how the world paints you Mizuki… The proverbial slap in the face of it all was likely only felt by her - as she was the only one in attendance who was actually in that room when the summit had taken place. All the shit, all the posturing and the outlandish requests… and she was the one blamed for it turning out so badly. 

As the final realization settled in her mind, she stilled in her seat, jaw clenched in an unconscious effort to contain her words, nails dug into into the chair arms, and eyes staring at the space between the Hokage and Mizukage - one thought surfaced, ‘This is how villains are made.’

WC 955

Fu, Gogyou Bushuugi and Ichigo Sato like this post

Ichigo Sato
Ichigo Sato
Raikage
Raikage
Stat Page : Link
Remove Taijutsu Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Kanjutsu Default
Wind Earth Water Lightning Fire Default
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 230150

Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:20 am
A friendly smile appeared on his face as Ichigo was welcomed by the Mizukage and her .. pet? "That's a big fish" the man thought to himself, obviously not speaking out loud in case either of them would take offense. "Don't worry, I've been greeted worse". Little did they know about the Drunk's reputation back in Kumogakure, many taverns and inns alike used to be afraid each time they saw him enter the establishment, scared he'd empty their stock of alchohol once more. However, those days were in the past and the Deputy had now become far more responsible, or so he'd like to think. Kaito's right hand man and the head of the medical institute, not something everyone could say.

After giving everyone in the room a polite nod Ichigo would take a seat, briefly looking at the Mizukage to imply the meeting could officially begin now that all parties were present. First point on the agenda were the Chuunin Exams, an event hosted by Hoshigakure and where all villages were allowed to participate. For a moment he assumed the tea was too hot, listening as the Kage of the Mist produced a sound that could be associated with how one would blow a drink in order for it to cool down. Turned out she was simply referring to the Konohagakure kunoichi going by the name of Fu. "Ah yes", an imaginary response of the Drunk, remembering the letter he received that informed him about the topics that would be touched during the meeting.

In the meantime a member of staff had appeared, asking Ichigo if he would like some tea. Softly whispering the man replied "I prefer something stronger". The young lady seemed to understand what he was saying, returning to the kitchen and hopefully coming back with one of his favorite drinks. As the discussion started the Mizukage briefly explained the situation that took place during the Chuunin Exams, informing the rest of them how two Genin, the aforementioned Leaf shinobi and one of Kirigakure had been taken into custody during the event. A result of both youngsters attempting to purchase and successfully receiving transplants from a Missing Ninja who later even acted as a proctor for the exams.

While they were able to retrieve the Mist shinobi, it appeared their attempt to free the Leaf kunoichi turned out futile. For some reason unknown it seemed Konohagakure had yet to receive news about the situation, or so the Hokage explained. "Perhaps a letter to the Land of Haven is in order, young Lord" Ichigo addressed the elephant in the room. It was clear that the village involved in this particular matter hadn't been invited, perhaps the Mizukage had something else in mind to handle the situation but it was obvious the case wouldn't be closed just because Kirigakure got their Genin back. However, although grateful for the information, the Hokage already moved on to the next topic he wanted to discuss, the oppression of Konohagakure by the Mist.

It came as no surprise that the Hokage was hoping to reach an agreement and bring an end to the current state of his village. From what Ichigo could tell it appeared something the young lord had said rubbed the Kazekage the wrong way, the Lady of the Sand trying her hardest not to react. Understandable considering Sunagakure attempted to assist the Leaf in taking care of their dire situation, but to no avail. The deputy sat up, turning to the Mist. "Lady Mizukage, now that Lord Hokage has announced his wish, are there any terms you find acceptable for the freedom of Konohagakure?". By then the same member of staff had returned with his drink, Ichigo gratefully accepting the glas and thanking the young woman before taking a sip of said beverage. "Fu", clearly enjoying the taste of liquor he produced the same sound the Mizukage made when she brought up the Leaf shinobi. Strong indeed.

(WC: 657, TWC: 1078)

Nature Stacks: 2/6

Daiko, Travin Iburi, Gogyou Bushuugi and Mizuki Ohta like this post

Murata
Murata
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : --
Ryo : 0

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:39 pm
Murata waves off Mizuki's quip about Aloide's behaviour, not interested in discussing it. Neither does she react to the Kazekage's quiet fury.

"If you need Kirigakure's assistance at all in that matter, we're just a letter away," Murata concludes the matter of Fu, not troubled by the Hokage's impatience.

"Before we move on - the seal has two functions, by the way. It both scrambles our chakra signatures - and, if touched, it will indicate if techniques are used," she says. "Any of you may opt in if you like. Or don't. Travin, would you mind...?" she notes to her guard, gesturing for him to touch the seal. It isn't here for Murata's sake, after all.

Ishimaru's words draw Murata's sole attention to him - save for when he states that Sunagakure was meant to aid them directly in their liberation, which brings her cool gaze to Mizuki, along with a gentle tilt of her head. Her attention returns to the Hokage.

Now or never. At Ichigo's prompting, she answers smoothly, having clearly walked into this meeting knowing what she wanted.

"I am willing to trade Konohagakure for the Flying Thunder God technique," she says matter-of-factly, dark eyes piercing as she looks to Ishimaru for a response. No further explanation unless prompted - only her terms.

This revelation of her priorities may indicate to those gathered that, despite her demeanour being quite different to that of her predecessor, Kirigakure has not seen a radical shift in goals. Konohagakure has outlived its usefulness. It's a cruel way to treat a city, but Murata cannot return to her village empty-handed.

TWC 2060

Travin Iburi and Ichigo Sato like this post

Satoru Jugo
Satoru Jugo
Hyogakage
Hyogakage
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:04 pm
The sweet aroma of loose-leaf herbs filled the air around the country as the Jugo and his compatriot arrived at the docks of the Tea Country. The duo both wore the stylish Darkened Skies armor as they disembarked their vessel. Looking back, Satoru couldn’t help but be reminded of fond memories of his past. The once ships carpenter turned Shinobi stood at a staggering height of 6ft 7 as he carefully observed his surroundings. There was nothing suspicious in sight, but he knew that he had to take this role quite seriously especially since his and his comrades lives were potentially at stake.

The locals were going about their business as the giant and the deputy made their way towards their destination. Ichigos instructions were clear, Satoru was to remain calm and collected – “No problem.” He thought to himself. As they neared the Hotel, Satoru shook each palm as if to prepare for combat. Naturally, his brief stated that he was to protect the Deputy Kage and that lethal force was authorised in the event that his life was placed in any danger and so Satoru figured it was his duty to enter the meeting place prepared for any and all possibilities.

They arrived. He wished Ichigo luck and the duo entered into tension ridden room. Thankfully, Ichigos casual demeanour managed to ease of some of the tension. As they entered, Ichigo removed his mask but Satoru failed to extend the same courtesy. Instead, he tailed the man, keeping a 0.5 meter distance while standing behind Ichigos left shoulder. His eyes remained fixed as he observed the three parties via his peripheral vision. He stood ready.

The first individual he visually dissected was the women armed with a rather oversized sword that hung on her back. The blue hat that sat in front of her indicated to the Jugo that she was of the Kirigakure delegation and therefore the Mizukage. Behind her, stood an armor clad figure who was positioned over the Kages right shoulder. “With a sword like that, I wonder why she need any sort of protection?” he thought to himself as his focused turned to the next group.

The next group was of the Sunagakure delegation, it appeared that the Kazekage was accompanied by a rather young man. This individual was positioned 3 meters away from the Kazekage so the instant Satoru spotted the distance between the duo, he couldn’t help but think that the young man was either fast or owned a mode of teleportation that would allow him to close the 3-meter gap quite quickly should the situation necessitates action.

The final group was comprised of the Konohagakure delegation, despite first appearance, Satoru could quickly tell that the Hokage commanded an element of power; how else could he sit at a table alongside the two other female behemoths? With the brief analysis aside, Satoru planted himself by Ichigos side; hands by either hip, completely motionless, simply digesting the talks between the Kage without a blink in sight.

Nature Stacks 1/6
Infinity Stacks 2/6

Travin Iburi and Ichigo Sato like this post

Ryouta Shinkou
Ryouta Shinkou
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : Ryouta's Log
Village : Konohagakure
Ryo : 71500

Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:39 pm
It would seem no further conversation would need to be had with the Kazekage. He knew where he stood and where she stood regarding the situation, none the less he would harbor no ill intent over the matter.Looking at the seal he could see the craftsmanship that went into and moved to touch it with his left hand, the metallic fingers glowing for a moment before he sat down," In the interest of peace I will go along with this condition." His eye did look back to Karruchi to see how she was handing this so far knowing the lilac eyed Kunoichi had no problems showing her emotions physically. It came as a surprise that she stood behind him and to the right, 5 meters from the chair at the most just looking over the situation as a whole. Her eyes peered across the room and further due to her clan's doujutsu and merely offered no words nor interjection into the situation. The action itself was good but worrisome to the young kage as he didn't know what the woman had been thinking, but would ask her after the events of this meeting should things go well. One thing was for sure he could feel her eyes silently judging his every decision and that was probably the closest thing to comfort he would get from her. Ishi had to admit the jabs of the Kazekage were...irritating to say the least and he was not going to lower himself to retort to them, what he would do however is look to the Kumo delegation and nod," Something that will have to be done at the conclusion of this meeting then. It would be better to hear it from the source, though I am grateful I was notified of the situation," now that one issue was out of the way the real challenge would come as the Mizukage gave her demands or rather conditions on the release of Konoha. It didn't come as a shock to him, but he could hear the shifting of the ANBU armor behind him and his metallic left hand rose slightly to quell the movement of his ANBU before it was taken as aggression.

As his hand moved to rejoin the right, he would take in a deep breath and finally respond with confidence," No one could expect something without anything, yet I can surmise by you asking for that technique specifically you have had some form of contact with someone who has used it or have done extensive research on it. Either way I commend your knowledge, However I must decline that offer. The Flying Raijin technique is a symbol of Konoha and is one of our oldest techniques," he would let it sit for just a moment before he chose to lock eyes with the Mizukage to gauge her reaction to what he said next," On the same note, I am not stubborn enough to simply not give out something else in lieu of that. Instead of our Flying Thunder God technique I can offer you two techniques. One being the Multi-shadow Clone technique and the other being a technique devised by one Naruto Uzumaki- The Rasenshuriken. I mean you no disrespect in this offer as it is fair if not more in offering two more," his counter offer was made not only in earnest but also respectfully. He knew there would be no free option with this, but from another standpoint he'd honestly rather lose the two than the one altogether. For now he would have to simply wait and see what she would say and reply as needed.

605 WC

Ichigo Sato likes this post

Mizuki Ohta
Mizuki Ohta
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Survived 2021
Stat Page : Mizuki Ohta
Mission Record : Mizu's Log
Remove Remove Remove Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Medical
Ryo : 330650

Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:57 pm
Like many things in this world, the thoughts and feelings passed almost as soon as they appeared - instead of choosing to focus on the rhythm of heartbeats, some of them were even syncing up quite nicely. Her whole body relaxed as though strings on a marinette were cut - shoulders lost their tension and her nails retreated back into her fingers as they tapped out the complicated rhythm of the heartbeats. Becoming so suddenly unbothered that she even closed her eyes to focus, letting the conversation between the three wash over her. Not to say she didn’t hear it, she heard the peace making words of the Kumo delegation, listened to the explanation of the seal - but seeing as she didn’t need jutsu for this ability it mattered not to her.

The only shift in her demeanor was the small smile that pressed into her lips, eyes still closed, as the newest Mizukage did as her predecessor and demanded a specific technique from the Hokage. This was what she was hoping for, the niceties and formal talk - the old her lived and breathed it but now it is a disgustingly obvious mask of falsehoods. The counter offer given to preserve the sanctity of peaceful negotiations was also something she saw coming - this Hokage did not have the hot headed mentality of Wan; she had tested to ensure that. Had she been acting this whole time? Maybe, or maybe it just didn’t matter. 

WC 241

Travin Iburi, Akabayashi Terumi and Ichigo Sato like this post

Ichigo Sato
Ichigo Sato
Raikage
Raikage
Remove Taijutsu Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Kanjutsu Default
Wind Earth Water Lightning Fire Default
Ryo : 230150

Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:13 pm
Before any negotiations regarding the freedom of Konohagakure could start the Mizukage would first take the time to explain both functions of the seal. "Interesting". It appeared the Mist came in prepared, taking whatever precautions they deemed necessary. Although he was enjoying his drink Ichigo remained on edge, aware that a single word could be enough to turn the peaceful meeting into a battlefield. The Drunk watched as her bodyguard demonstrated how it worked, assuming the man agreed to do so. "What about your sword Lady Mizukage? It appears it has grown rather fond of me", with a smile he'd be referring to the growl it unleashed moments ago. Should he try and pet it? Maybe later, after a couple more drinks.

The conversation then finally returned back to the topic at hand, the Leaf and the requirements for its release. Right now Kirigakure held all the cards, no one else but them able to decide what sufficed in order for the Mist to give up their vassal state. Nothing came free in this world after all. And there it was, finally. The terms on which she would be willing to set Konoha free were now out in the open. A trade, Flying Thunder God for the Leaf's freedom. Almost as if he was watching a horror movie about to reach its conclusion Ichigo would be awaiting the Hokage's response, wondering how the young lord would react. If this was a game of cards what would he do? Bluff, call or fold? 

After taking a small moment to gather his thoughts the Hokage came up with an answer to Kirigakure's proposal. As expected, the young lord wasn't willing to give up the Flying Thunder God technique, but he wasn't a fool either. Knowing a price had to be paid the man offered two other exclusives in return, the Multi Shadow Clone and Rasenshuriken. Leaning back in his chair Ichigo joined the conversation, adding whatever necessary to avoid an awkward silence. "An interesting counteroffer dare I say. Of course I'm not the one you need to convince. Lady Mizukage, is Lord Hokage's suggestion tempting enough for you to accept?". The kunoichi aimed high, but perhaps she was willing to take him up on the offer.

So far one side of the table remained silent, almost as if the entire conversation was boring her. Grabbing a second glass before pouring it full with sake the Drunk would attempt to involve the Lady of the Sand regardless of how stubborn she might appear. "I hope we haven't lost you yet, Lady Kazekage?". A smile directed at the woman as he pushed the drink into her direction, aware that sooner or later another topic would be brought up that required her attention.

(WC: 458, TWC: 1536)

Nature Stacks: 3/6

Travin Iburi and Mizuki Ohta like this post

Travin Iburi
Travin Iburi
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Stat Page : Travin Iburi
Remove Remove Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default

Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:29 pm
Travin had been peacefully standing still, half a meter back and to the right of Murata. It would be hard to tell if he was even paying attention to what was going on in the room. If he had not almost shot his tea out his nose to the par-tea pun of the Kumo Delegation. Before returning to his Stoic posture of left hand holding the tea saucer and right hand holding the tea cup. He had motioned for the waitress to come over, handing her his cup, “Refill please” he would lean and whisper into her ear. He was not secretive about it, and anyone listening probably could have heard what he said. The waitress took the cup and walked over to the table and refilled Travins cup before bringing back. While Murata talked about the seal on the table and asked Travin to touch it. 

He was slightly shocked that he was talked to at all, figuring that he would end up being ignored for the most part. It took him a second as he shuffled his tea cup back onto its saucer and leaned stepped up, leaning over the table and placing his right index finger on the seal. “Not at all Lady Murata” Travin would speak for the first time since anyone entered the room other than the wait staff. His tone respectful and deep, as it was always when the two were not in private. 

Upon the activation of the seal, Travin would take a step back to his original position and take a sip of his tea. While mental facepalming, his hesitation to touch the seal thanks to his tea. He had been expecting an attack or defend order not a touch this order, and it probably showed. Either way, he was not happy with his first impression on the other kage’s.

WC-308

Mizuki Ohta likes this post

Murata
Murata
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : --

Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:00 pm
"Your village's reputation precedes itself, Hokage!" Murata laughs, breaking from that moment of coldness, clearly amused at his praise for her 'deep research'. Yes, knowledge is something she pursues, but in this case it is something she would have to strive to escape rather than actively pursue. "You should know how much reach the stories of Konohagakure have. I heard of the Yellow Flash long before I ever even met a shinobi."

The details of the technique elude her, of course, but in this case it is more the symbolism and prestige of owning the technique more than its functionality on the field of battle. While the Flying Thunder God occupies a place of awed whispers, Murata is sure that if it were really such a terrible threat her head would already be on Ishimaru's desk. As such, his counter-offer isn't one for her to brush off.

"I understand," she replies after a moment's thought. The last thing Konohagakure has left is its dignity. She will not take all of it, though the request of course necessitates relieving them of some. The Multi-Shadow Clone... is that one even one exclusive to Konohagakure? Well, its offered sibling is enough for her, in truth. She's ready to be rid of this lopsided relationship - its ethical baggage, its history, its troubles. With hope, they can move forward together as neighbours, if not friends. "That will do nicely, yes. Myself and my guard will visit Konohagakure after this meeting concludes in order to formalize terms and copy the scrolls, if that is acceptable to you."

If that is that, in the matter of Konohagakure, it is time to move on. As Ichigo pushes a drink towards the Kazekage, Murata returns a snort of amusement to his crack about Samehada and turns her attention to Mizuki once more.

"If we are able to move on, then, with our mediator's blessing," she says, "There is the next matter I wanted to discuss. Some months ago, an assassination attempt was made on our Second Mizukage by the Ragdoll of Sunagakure, Kenshin Uzumaki, in a locale the Ragdoll only could have known about if he were actively tracking the Second." Murata crosses her legs, expression cool. "If I may, I find it hypocritical that the Kazekage denigrates my predecessor's behaviour in the previous summit when Sunagakure seems to have used a 'neutral' diplomatic meeting to track and attempt to kill one of its guests. I hope I have shown all of you slightly better hospitality."

Pettiness fully voiced, she moves on, not wanting to force Ichigo to cut her off.

"...that action by Sunagakure constitutes an act of war, obviously," she says, voice serious and low, not threatening lightly. She looks to Mizuki, done speaking for the moment, waiting for a response - be it a brief retort or a fuller explanation.

TWC 2533

Satoru Jugo, Daiko, Akabayashi Terumi, Gogyou Bushuugi, Lachesis, Ichigo Sato and Wan Senju like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum