Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Life is a HighwayToday at 7:11 pmMegami KuogaBreakaway (exit)Today at 5:15 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Today at 3:15 pmGoto SenjuAqueous Transmission Today at 2:39 pmDante HyugaWorking With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Kazuo Kemuri
Kazuo Kemuri
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 20575

The Devil On Your Shoulder - Page 2 Empty Re: The Devil On Your Shoulder

Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:20 pm
The fuuton generated by the boy battered Kazuo, forcing him back to resist more than minor injury. He took one step back as the gust of wind buffeted his skin, gripping his blades tightly and not letting them go. He contemplated moving back in to attack, but the buy seemed to be going on the offensive now, something that gave Kazuo pause. He wanted to see how Ryou fought. As the boy formed his spikes from the earth, they careened towards Kazuo at high speeds, and the Shinkou grinned.

His curse mark begged to be released now, trying to force Kazuo to give in and accept its gift. Again, Kazuo used all of his willpower to refuse the offer. He did not need it, so he would not use it. He swung one of his blades through the air as he began to strafe to his right, his blade beginning to sing a song, one that would be heard by Ryou. The song would tell a story of a boy who harbored a devil in his heart, one that tempted and tortured him until he gave in and let it take control, leading to the deaths of many innocents.

Distracted by the song, Ryou would have a much harder time tracking Kazuo’s movements, as his eyes began to glow crimson and azure in the pale light of the snow. Kazuo began to strafe to his left, zigzagging and keeping himself hard to pin down, dodging any spikes as they appeared. The story continued, telling of the boy becoming a man, facing the demon, and locking it away, under his control now, as that man finally was able to move on with his life.

(1771)
Jun Fuji
Jun Fuji
Citizen
Stat Page : Link
Remove Taijutsu Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 6700

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:49 pm
Ryou wasn't sure he got Kaz with the Dance of Seedling Fern or not. Kaz disappeared from sight. Strangely enough, there was now a song playing. It ran through out the forest of bone spikes. As explained, it told a story of someone losing control with a devil within their heart. This is the work of Kaz, but h- Ryou then noticed the reasoning behind all this. It's genjutsu. Our leader is a man of many talents... Ryou couldn't help but listen to the last part of the song. This was the part about the man growing up and defeating the demon inside. Is this Kazuo's story? Or is this about what he wants for me? The Lycan couldn't wait any longer in the genjutsu as he noticed that the song was distracting him. He weaved the tiger hand sign. Release! He shot out a strong amount of chakra to break through the genjutsu. Ryou was now free from the grasp of the Genjutsu, hopefully, it wasn't too late. "Genjutsu, weaponry and fire style, truly a man of many talents," Ryou called out to Kaz after breaking free. 

The Lycan's curse mark started to act up. Damn, this really takes a lot out of you. But much like Kazuo's will to resist the curse Mark's activation, Ryou used willpower to keep it from eating him alive. If Kazuo wasn't out in time, Ryou would use Haze Clone to make 20 clones of himself within a 15-meter radius. He hoped that this would help give Ryou an opening to attack. 

WC:259
TWC:1582
Haru Hyuuga
Haru Hyuuga
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:35 pm
Kazuo fought to resist the begging of both Yomi and his curse mark, which yearned to be released. He would not permit it to go free, and so it remained sealed, burning and searing his skin in an attempt to force him to release it. It would find no such release from Kazuo. He could not afford to let the heaven seal go, because if he did, he knew Yomi would have him slaughter this poor boy. Once she was fed all of that chakra, he would be powerless against her. And so, the seal remained closed.

He grinned as the boy moved to release the genjutsu, his blade finishing its song. The trees of bone were now stationary, remaining where they originally stood. It appeared the boy could manipulate them no longer. Good…

Kazuo drew a purple blade from his belt, this blade being Darksong itself. He swiped across a few of the bone trees in one circular motion, leveling the area around him and giving him a little more room to work with as the boy created his 10 clones, which surrounded him with a perimeter of 15 meters. Nodding appreciatively, Kazuo’s two blades fell at his sides.

”Well? Get on with it.” He would say, as the clones appeared to be hesitating, waiting for something. ”Come at me!” He shouted, daring him to approach. He made use of a technique he had not used in a long time now, tossing his regular katana into the air and making a tiger seal, as two arms made of pure chakra, glowing deep purple, appeared to jut out of his form, at his sides. They reached inwards, each drawing a blade of their own, so that four blades fell ready at Kazuo’s sides.

(WC: 2074)
Jun Fuji
Jun Fuji
Citizen

Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:11 pm
Kaz seemed to get a bit more serious, which was good, and bad. Good that Kaz was seeing him a worthy opponent when using jutsu. Bad because Kaz could still kick Ryou's butt. The Lycan was surprised that the Purple blade was able to cut down his bones, but there was no time to stand in awe. "You asked for it." He would grin at Kaz knowing that the taunt was useless. Ryou and the clones start to head closer to closer to Kazuo. Now they were running towards him. Before the closest clone could right up to Kaz, where it would go through him, the original Ryou, the one in the center, used body flicker (speed 259). With a blur, he appeared behind Kazuo. Pulling out his Fuma shuriken from his back, the Lycan attempted to cut off the extra limbs (sharpness 93). 

If this was done, Ryou would follow this up with Dance of Willow. Placing the Fuma shuriken on the ground next to Ryou so it would be easier to quickly strike. The bone popped out of his palm. Ryou aimed at his strike at Kazuo's side so if it hit, that it wouldn't kill him. (speed 94, strength 40).

WC:203
TWC:1786
Kazuo Kemuri
Kazuo Kemuri
Citizen

Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:02 pm
The curse mark was getting easier to control. Its protests were weakening against his will, dissolving against him as he mastered controlling it at last. It was finally getting easy for him.

Kazuo smirked at the boy's words, watching as the clones approached. His superhuman senses were surely an asset as he monitored his surroundings for any sort of warning. He got his warning, alright. As the clones approached, he noticed that none of them were preparing any sort of attack. No, it seemed they just intended to run right through him, as if they weren't real at all. As this idea ran through Kazuo's mind, he would detect Ryou appearing behind him, having just used the body flicker technique to just barely avoid his tracking speed for an instant. However, upon appearing, Kazuo could see him quite plainly, at which point, he would take action.

Although the body flicker was now over, the boy would have plenty of momentum left from the move, and would have a hard time changing direction, as such, Kazuo used that to his advantage, stepping to the side and sticking out a leg, his blades drawing inwards to a defensive position to prevent Ryou from being impaled accidentily. This would happen as Ryou reached behind his back to retrieve the Fuma shuriken, meaning he would have a hard time stopping himself from falling. 

If Kazuo was successful in knocking Ryou to the ground, two blades would be aimed towards his body, establishing a threat without making an attack, so that if he tried to stand, he would be impaled. The two blades on Kazuo's other side would simply fall to his side, at rest.

"Yield." He would say simply.

(WC: 2362)
Jun Fuji
Jun Fuji
Citizen

Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:32 pm
The Lycan was once again amazed by his leader Kaz. He saw through Ryou's clones and was able to dodge and counter his attack with body flicker. This had Ryou find himself face down in the snow and rock. Thanks to the Earth seal tho, Ryou didn't sustain much damage, he guesses like Kaz hoped. "Yield," Kazuo told the Lycan. Ryou was in no position to argue or fight back, literally. He rolled himself over to still lay on the ground but facing his leader. "Ok ok, that was a good fight." He was panting as the Earth seal retreated back to his shoulder like before. Ryou wasn't out of chakra but he was running low, so he wanted to take a break before continuing.

"That was some awesome fighting out there, I can't wait until I'm that strong," Ryou told Kaz like any kid would tell the cooler kid on the playground. "Let's take a break." Assuming Kaz let down his weapon, Ryou would sit up to continue talking to his dear leader. 

The Lycan remembered what Kaz told him in the battle. "You said you understood me...what do you mean by that?"  Ryou was generally curious. He wanted to get to know Kaz, and for Kaz to get to know him. He remembered that's how Sal and he got really close. Ryou just hoped he didn't fall for Kaz like he did with Sal...

WC:236
TWC: 2022
Kazuo Kemuri
Kazuo Kemuri
Citizen

Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:01 pm
Ryou’s admission of defeat saw Kazuo’s blade retreat from its position, sheathed at his belt once again, each of his illusory arms following suit and sheathing their blades. The arms vanished into thin air, leaving Kazuo unarmed once again, save for one blade, in his right hand, held away from the boy. He would extend his hand, offering it to Ryou as he rolled over, and if accepted, he would pull the boy back to his feet.

”You fought well. That curse mark of yours can sure take a beating.” He commented. Granting the boy a moment to brush the snow that was inevitably covering him from getting positively white washed, he felt his own curse mark for a moment, satisfied that it seemed to have receded.

Good. He thought. I finally have some semblance of control over this damned thing. Yomi seemed positively infuriated, from the wave of emotions he was feeling blasted into his mind like a torrent of boiling water. He blinked, and his eyes lost their crimson glow, regaining his focus just as Ryou asked him what he had meant about understanding him.

”I meant that I, too, have a devil on my shoulder, Ryou.” He answered. ”Forgive me for the theatrics, but it might be easier if I were to show you.” He told Ryou, the purple-hilted blade singing in the air as he swung it in a small arc, his blades emitting a song once more, the illusion overtaking Ryou, if he chose not to resist.

”When I was a young man, fate played a cruel trick on me. The treacherous scum that ruled my village turned on my master, Miyamoto, and ordered his death behind closed doors.” Kazuo said, narrating as the scene was created before them both. Miyamoto was tall and proud, standing back to back with a younger Kazuo as assassins surrounded them. ”I came to the aid of my master, and we fought long and hard, but…” He continued, as the scene he created before them showed the two fighting against the assassins. Kazuo was caught in a trap, a mass of shadows held him immobile, helpless as he was knocked out and tossed aside by the advancing assassin, who stabbed Miyamoto in the back.

”I was not strong enough.” He said solemnly.

The scene shifted to an injured Kazuo carrying the corpse of Miyamoto, hobbling into the village, broken and bloodied. ”When I awoke, Miyamoto was dead. Determined to see him get a proper burial, I returned him to our home, but when I arrived…” He trailed off. Guards approached, swords drawn, and on the rooftops of the village, archers held bows drawn, ready to shoot and kill him. ”...I found that I was just a pawn in a sick game.”

”I was arrested. Sentenced to death for the murder of Miyamoto. I had been set up by the leaders of my village.” Kazuo said flatly, his voice devoid of emotion as the scene showed him locked up in a cell, gazing out the window and up to the mountain where they now stood. Behind him, someone stood at the bars of the cell, inserting the key and opening it wide. The two embraced. ”My betrothed, Aika, saved me from the death of a criminal. She gave me clothes to hide my face and the key to a shack atop the Three Wolves Mountain, and instructed me to go there and wait for her.” He narrated as the girl pointed up, through the window of the cell. The scene shifted once more.

”I made it to the mountains. Aika, however, was not so lucky.” He sighed, deciding not to show this particular scene.

Kazuo pointed out to the edge of the mountain, where a figure now stood, amid a mess of trees that had not been there before. A younger Kazuo, barely a man, stood there, his already-greyed hair a wild mess, his eyes the peculiar shade of indigo they had taken on before becoming hosts to the Meigan. The man stood there with his back to the two of them, and it was clear that he was weeping. He watched, helpless from above as an execution was carried out, far down below, in the village at the base of the mountain. His eyes were bloodshot, and he lashed out angrily at nearby trees, leaving massive gashes and leveling the woods, creating the clearing that they now stood in.  

”I watched, helpless, from my place atop the mountain, as they put Aika to death. There wasn’t a thing in the world that I could do to save her. Like that, my life might have been over, devoid of any hope or purpose.” He said solemnly, glancing back at his past self. ”That was when she came to me.” He said.

The illusory Kazo grasped his head in pain and slumped over, and the scene shifted, as if they were being pulled into Kazuo’s mind. Kazuo was sitting at a table, and his surroundings were an endless sea of white, a void where nothing but him, the table, and the person opposite him seemed to exist. The figure at the other side was blonde and petite, a girl no more than a few years younger than him, in a plain plaid dress, offering a cup of tea to the illusory Kazuo, who stared at her, dumbstruck.

”Her name was… Well, she didn’t really have a name, not then. She was something that had laid dormant inside of me my entire life. An entity that subsisted off of my own chakra. She offered me immense power, her own power. All that was needed was to unleash her.” He explained, as the girl poured tea into the glass of the illusory Kazuo. ”I, somewhat naively, accepted her power.” The real Kazuo said as the two shook hands, and suddenly they were back at the clearing where they had stood before.

The old Kazuo’s eyes glowed with dark energy, and he drew a sword, howling a battle cry into the night sky as he leapt from the mountain, a blur of speed. In the distance, the small form of Kazuo was seen, a blur of motion, deflecting blades and arrows, knocking opponents aside as he made a mad dash through the village, unleashing death upon those that stood in his way.

There he stood, at the end of his mad dash, holding a man by the throat, upon the roof of his house. He ran the man through, tossing him from the balcony.

”I got my revenge. That day, I purged my home of the wicked who inhabited it.” The real Kazuo said. The scene shifted once more, to find Kazuo standing over a mass of bodies, a confused look upon his face.

”That was not the end, however. In my quest for revenge, I learned that the being I had come to call Yomi was far stronger than I originally realized, and she had her own plans for me.” He said darkly, the scene shifting again and again to a younger Kazuo, growing older with each image, standing over piles of bodies, a disgruntled look upon his face, sometimes overtaken with rage. ”I learned that this Yomi was a gluttonous demon who feasted on the chakra of the living. Without it, she cannot survive, but without her, nor can I. She is a part of me, something I’ve no choice but to live with.” Kazuo explained, sighing before he spoke again. ”...And she is also a friend who cares for me deeply, and that makes it all the more difficult to starve her of chakra.” Kazuo said, the scene shifting one last time as a much older looking Kazuo battled with Yomi in his mind’s eye, swords clashing and blasts of chakra being emitted by both.

”My curse mark gives me a huge amount of chakra, but it also gives that same chakra to Yomi. If I am not careful to starve her of it, she can overpower me and feed. By keeping her, and the mark, in check, I can keep innocent lives from being extinguished.”

Kazuo sheathed his blade, the story having come to a close, the song coming to an end.

”This is the demon that lives within my heart, the one that haunts my every waking moment and tempts me. If I do not resist, I risk the lives of those around me. I have come to believe you are similar to me.” He finished, waiting to hear what the boy had to say.

(TWC: 3861)

Mid-Thread claiming

+2849 words towards Stage 2 Curse Seal of Heaven
+1012/3750 words towards Yuumei Infusion

Last edited by Kazuo Kemuri on Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jun Fuji
Jun Fuji
Citizen

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:54 pm
Kaz accepted as well as Ryou that the battle was now over...for now. The Lycan then took the hand of his leader to get taken up by his grip so that now they were both standing. The boy brushed himself of the snow. Kaz responded to Ryou in a very interesting way. Ryou's dear leader would take story telling to a new level with him then changing the background of the area they were in with a single swipe of his blade, which explained to Ryou that it was the power of the blade the made the genjutsu. 

The first place that was shown to Ryou in the genjutsu was with two men standing formidable fighting poses while being faced with unnoticeable faces. Kazuo then explained that the two men were, in fact, him and his master  Miyamoto. The tragic turn of the fable, Miyamoto was shown killed. Ryou covered his mouth in shock. This was no fairy tale, this was Kazuo's tragic past. Kazuo would then explain that he was filling with grief because he wasn't strong enough. And Ryou didn't blame him, poor guy had been through a lot. 

Next, Kazuo showed how he wanted to honor his dear master with a burial, which was very honorable. But much like the one before, this story had another twist. The leader set him up and set him up to put him to death. Ryou was disgusted by this. Kazuo, I had no idea...The Lycan thought to himself, wanting to put them into words.  

Next was sweet but again, also tragic. The leader showed in the dream like genjutsu that he was saved by a woman. But then also put to death. Kazuo wouldn't show him the whole thing but he wasn't sure if it was for Ryou sake or his own. Either way, it was dark enough and Ryou almost started crying. Ryou had also left a friend behind, Sal...but it was much different... Ryou could have stayed with Sal but chose revenge instead. Now Ryou was a missing ninja like he never wanted to be. Kaz however...watched his dear friend die. Is that the fate of Sal?

The next scene was of Kazuo's mind after this all accrued. Ryou should literally see his despair as it was reincarnated. Then he saw his Yomi...the devil he had. Kazuo explained the deal he made literally with a devil. 

Next up was the scene with Kazuo's revenge. Death. Death was around Kaz as he explained that he got rid of all the people he deemed evil. Ryou thought he'd feel better after hearing that Kazuo got his revenge...but he didn't. Kazuo then revealed the true evil with his deal with his Yomi. It was devious for sure...Kazuo now had to live with a demon for the rest of his life. It would constantly eat at him...and he would have to control all that. Once he said that the curse mark feeds Yomi, Ryou brushed over his own curse mark. The weight of curse mark, Yomi, and innocent lives. He thought of this in awe of Kazuo's willpower. 

Kazuo had the genjutsu dissipate and snap them both into reality. Ryou looked into Kazuo's eyes with his own soft and seemingly innocent.  ”This is the demon that lives within my heart, the one that haunts my every waking moment and tempts me. If I do not resist, I risk the lives of those around me. I have come to believe you are similar to me." Kazuo told Ryou at the end. Ryou looked down at his fingerless gloves. "I do understand losing people you love..." He said taking off his gloves to reveal terrible burn scars. These scars were a reminder of that day he lost his parents. They will never leave. "And I do understand leaving a friend behind..." the Lycan added, remembering Sal and all the people he left behind in Suna, including his dear aunt. "And I do get having a ticking time bomb basically in you..." The werewolf inside his blood was that bomb. Ryou then looked at Kazuo's eye's again and gave a soft smile. "So I understand." Ending off with a hug. Ryou was a lot shorter, so it looks like a little brother hugging an older brother. 

The Lycan pulled away from the hug after some time and looked at Kaz again. "Do you think what we are doing is right?" Ryou gave a nervous look. "Like...what if we destroy Kumo...we just took away lots of peoples homes." Now that he was saying this... he wasn't sure if he'd be saying this to him. But there was only one way to find out

WC:777
TWC: 2799
Kazuo Kemuri
Kazuo Kemuri
Citizen

Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:34 pm
Kazuo smiled weakly at the boy's claims of understanding. He didn't know much of Ryou's story. He didn't know how he came to possess such a beast within his heart, and honestly, he didn't need to. He had very little need for such a thing. It had been nice to finally get his own story off of his chest. When the boy asked Kazuo if what they were doing was right, he nodded solemnly. 

"It is not just right, it is necessary." Kazuo said, showing his assent. "Kumogakure has taken a lion's share of other people's homes, Ryou. I believe that an eye for an eye is the fairest of punishments." He said simply. 

"What of you? Do you feel that our cause is just? Or are you having doubts?"
Jun Fuji
Jun Fuji
Citizen

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:18 pm
Kazuo then answered the young Lycan's question. "It is not just right, it is necessary...Kumogakure has taken a lion's share of other people's homes, Ryou. I believe that an eye for an eye is the fairest of punishments." Necessary? Ryou thought to himself. Then Kaz asked his own question, "What of you? Do you feel that our cause is just? Or are you having doubts?" Ryou shouldn't have been surprised by his question, but he was. "I..." He started, picking his foot up and twisting it on his toes from being nervous. "I have been thinking about it...I do hate Kumo for taking my home." This is where it started to sound strange, "But... I'm feeling like innocent losing their home, ninja losing their lives and maybe risking our own lives make us no better than them." Ryou stopped looking at Kaz for a moment before looking at him again. "I also left a loved one behind back at Kono out of pure rage for Suna being taken away...what if something happens to him? What if I lost him like you lost Aika? What if..." He paused for a bit to look at the ground, "What if he never loves me again...?" Ryou wasn't sure what Kaz was going to say, or even do for mentioning Akia's name.

WC:218
TWC: 3017

Mid thread claim: 
3017 wc towards Curse Mark level 1 
15 stats
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum