Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Far Away Today at 1:31 pmMegami KuogaThe Ants Go Marching One by OneToday at 11:43 amAmikiri GuhinHere We GoToday at 11:02 amAkki SenjuLife is a HighwayToday at 9:46 amMegami KuogaSilver Lining [Training] [Private] Today at 4:14 amKiko TsukikoMerchant MonsterToday at 1:51 amHebiishi OrochiAqueous Transmission Today at 12:14 amKayori HatakeBreakaway (exit)Yesterday at 5:15 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Yesterday at 3:15 pmGoto SenjuWorking With a New Friend!Yesterday at 3:54 amKayori Hatake
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
36 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Noboru Kaito
Noboru Kaito
Master
Master
Stat Page : The father,
The son,
The daughter
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 155

Monster Hunter (IO) - Page 2 Empty Re: Monster Hunter (IO)

Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:41 pm
Kaito didn’t have a whole lot of time to think about what to do next; when he noticed Katsumi moving, he adjusted his position on the beast’s neck so he had footing, and within a second, he pushed himself away as fast as he could. He observed Katsumi as her body flickered into the open maw of the beast, and powerfully sliced it’s head clean off with the mighty claw he had handed over to her. The head separated from the body and fell onto the ground, along with Katsumi: Kaito was too far away to be able to help her when he finally landed, but the mighty beanstalk quickly moved over to the rescue, as if a galant samurai in white plating he was. Katsumi was uncharacteristically stoic; perhaps some nerve damage, or worse, spinal damage? Kaito took cautious, worried steps towards her, until he noticed her moving her hand towards her flak vest pocket, from where she produced a pack of cigarettes, taking a ciggy and a lighter from it, setting it alight, and taking a long drag. She was fine, then. Perhaps it were her feminine traits that made her uncomfortable, what with being covered in sticky strands of monster saliva. Kaito understood her; even he wouldn’t like to be in that position.

Kaito grabbed his Jagged Claw, and it was with some disgust and sadness he looked at his sword. He wouldn’t usually have used it so savagely, even though that was the purpose of the sword. Come to think of it, Katsumi had baptized it in blood, not him. He had kept it sheathed and attacked with other means almost every other opportunity he had, such had been his focus on his body over his weapons. Perhaps she deserved to keep it. He would give it some thought; until then, he snapped his fingers, and the weapon was transferred to his Storage Displacement, where he would later clean it.

Kaito’s clone got to his feet, massaging his back. He looked Kaito in the eye and stated very drily “you’re gonna feel this one later”. He now understood how annoying he must be to others, if he was this fucking annoying to himself. “Yeah, but only as a memory. You get to keep the injury. Wait here as long as you can…” he started, but the clone interrupted -- “...and bury it when I can use Tearing Palm again, so we can avoid a decomposing body and an infestation of predators or vultures.. I know. I’m you.” “Fair point”, he said to himself.

As he walked alongside Katsumi and Beanstalk, Kaito felt for his cigar, but it would be impolite to pull it out when he couldn’t share. He was gonna use after his lunch break, with some cognac, perhaps, or a harsh sake. “So, do you have plans for lunch? We should celebrate this victory.”

His clone, staying behind, observed the creature. He took in details of the creature, the looks, how it made him feel… well, less terrifying now that it’s head was no longer attached to his body, but the image of it running towards him was burned into his brain. His main “him” was gonna love that. Once enough time passed, after admiring the creature long and hard, he performed more seals, and allowed the earth to devour the beast. Now a good few meters below the ground, where it could rest in pieces, the clone dispelled itself.

In their trek, Kaito shivered lightly at the surge of information, and the admiration of the beast. He got in his mind the picture that his clone had been playing with… an imitation of the creature’s style, engraved forever as a suit of armor. It was time to bring out the hammer and anvil; he had work to do.
Katsumi Nakiri
Katsumi Nakiri
Citizen
Stat Page : https://www.narutoroleplaygame.com/t44274-katsumi-nakiri#348178
Remove Remove Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Sharingan
Ryo : 6950

Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:44 pm
How sweet. She couldn’t help but notice Anaphiel’s concern over her well being - or beanstalk if Kaito had anything to say about it. She hadn’t taken his offer to help her up, not only was she covered in viscera but she needed to remain in control of the situation. Though she did note… he didn’t stray far from her side. Watching Kaito curiously as she let out another stream of smoke from the drag on her cigarette she couldn’t help but snicker at the look of disgust on his face at the state she left his weapon in. Then it was snapped away leaving only her as the thing dripping in blood - which honestly hadn’t bothered her in the slightest, the red would wash out of her hair easily enough and at the moment it looked like it had been dip dyed from the top down. If only she could see, she would laugh harder than either of the two. 

She continued to puff on her cig as she watched the conversation between clone and maker, a small smirk forming as she realized he would indeed feel that later - poor thing. Lunch huh? Her eyes sparked at the mention of a good meal especially after what they had just been through - perfect timing and teamwork in her eyes. “Not a plan until now-”, she turned her eyes to Anaphiel coyly - “-Fancy a drink?” She couldn’t help but tease him, it was so inviting to do so - someone as small as she poking fun at someone twice her height just made the whole encounter funny. They were moving toward the village at any rate so whether they needed to agree on it here or when they arrived at the gates once more was really up to the other two - all Katsumi knew was that she needed a shower.

It was a few more hours until the group reached the gates once more, Katsumi walked up to the man she had sentenced to a double - the blood now beginning to dry into a darker red - and checked them in. With a hesitant expression he waived her through the gate and she strode off without a second's glance back. “So, you two pick the place I’ll meet you there after I wash this filth off me.”, her red eyes glittered mischievously once more, “Unless you plan on joining me?” The sly smile reappeared before she laughed, dispelling the offer. “I trust you remember my taste in food, Kaito.” Katsumi would wait to hear what the pair had to say, hopefully picking a place before she would turn and begin her walk to the nearest Bath House - the dried blood was starting to make her skin itched and she longed for the silky texture to return to her skin - planning on meeting the two men at their destination as soon as she was clean.

480 [x2 wc for event 960]
Anaphiel Hidemori
Anaphiel Hidemori
Citizen
Stat Page : Stat Page
Remove Remove Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Clan Specialty : Sensory
Ryo : 42750

Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:02 pm
Katsumi declined the assistance and got to her feet herself. Anaphiel wasn’t offended, the mission leader was tough, and could very easily take care of herself. He still kept close by, just in case she needed support.

Anaphiel listened into the conversation between Kaito and his clone, discussing how to deal with the body before walking over and joining them on the trip back to Kumo. Kaito then brought up grabbing food to celebrate. Katsumi voiced her appreciation of the idea, then asked the Hidemori Chuunin if he’d be joining. The look she gave him at that point was completely different than the behaviour she displayed while on the mission. More likely than not, she noticed the attention he’d been paying her and was trying to either reciprocate or tease him. Anaphiel was leaning towards the latter. She didn’t seem to be the kind of person to play the demure partner. He would allow himself a brief relax on his normal behaviour to respond. “I have no plans currently, and I could think of worse company to share a drink with.” He would say, giving her a quick once-over. To Kaito he’d say “I’m sure I could spare some time for celebrating the successful completion of the mission.

Now that the plan for an after-mission meal was sorted, Katsumi then left the task of finding a proper establishment to them, while she went to go get cleaned off. The offer she made to join her was tempting, and he said as much. “Perhaps next time.” He bantered with a wink. She would then head off to the nearest bath house. At that point, Anaphiel would turn to Kaito “Since it sounds like we will be catering to Katsumi’s tastes tonight, I’ll let you choose the restaurant, as I do not happen to know her preference in food selection.” He would say this bit with a straight face, he did need to at least pretend to have decorum and all that. Once they’d decided on a location, Anaphiel would follow Kaito to the location. “How long have you and Katsumi been working together?” He asked the other man. “Quite a while I’d imagine, if how she used your sword was any indication.

WC: 371
TWC: 2795
Noboru Kaito
Noboru Kaito
Master
Master
The son,
The daughter

Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:34 pm
Not that Kaito had a horse to bet in on this race, but the flirting of the two was starting to get to him. Being the third wheel in an ox-pulled cart was about as entertaining as receiving an eye transplant without anesthesia. Still they made their merry way towards the village, and for once he was glad to see the barren walls and gates, proudly standing amidst the mountains. Hopefully now they could go and get something to eat, and Katsumi could wash the scent of blood from herself. Not that it didn’t fit her; for someone so deadly to smell of death.

Kaito taunted the lad that Katsumi condemned to a double shift with a thumbs up, and moved along with them inside, just before they came to a halt so Katsumi could play her feminine wiles on them again. Kaito dismissed the flirting with a hand up and blurted out “pass”, before resuming his stance, standing tall and with his arms crossed in front of his chest. For the second time today, Kaito felt fear, the first being when the beast charged at him way up in the mountains, the second being when Katsumi assumed he still remembered her taste in foods. “Sure do”, he said, and watched her waltz away from the two. Even if he didn’t like her, he couldn’t complain about the view.

Kaito waited for Anaphiel to espouse another long sentence regarding the situation. Why couldn’t he be briefer on this casual talk? “Yeah, I don’t know her tastes either, so we’re just gonna go get ramen. Follow me.” He led the tall chunnin to a hole in a wall, when the chunnin decided to inquire about his and Katsumi’s history. “We worked together for years in her father’s kitchens, then she became a child prodigy ninja and I became a cook. No matter the kind of sword or knife, she was born to wield one. If you’re wondering if we are more than working partners, no worries on my side, you can go for her.” Even saying that left a bad taste in his mouth. He needed some alcohol to wash it away.

As they walked into the ramen place, Kaito looked at the owner’s face as it distorted into rage, and he put his hands in front of him. “Now, before you start with your shit, I don’t owe you anything! Your business with Zento is with Zento alone. I just want some ramen and some sake.” The owner caught himself before his rage, and pointed Kaito into a corner table. As Kaito sat down, he brought warm sake and two glasses. “Oh, we’ll need another cup, and bring us menus. We’re waiting on a friend.”

He picked the bottle, and served one shot of sake to Anaphiel, before putting the bottle down so Anaphiel could serve him, as good manners dictate one don't serve their own cup. "So, beanstalk, what's your story?"
Katsumi Nakiri
Katsumi Nakiri
Citizen

Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:50 pm
Katsumi felt instant relief as the hot water spilled over her - she had left her clothes on for the moment so as to hopefully salvage them in a wash, only once the water ran clear did she strip and submerge herself in the natural spring bath. Under the water she kept her eyes closed but her mind was settling under the soothing warmth the water provided and she was slowly releasing the tension of the day. She remained under the surface for a few moments longer before emerging and pushing the platinum hair back from her face - she had kept them waiting long enough. The outfit she had worn in wasn’t clean of course so she walked - towel wrapped - over to her paid for locker, thanking herself internally for choosing the bath house she frequented most instead of the most conveniently located one.

Annoyingly enough all she had at her disposal was the kimono she had left here from the last family gathering - she remembered coming directly hereafter it to unwind.. That day had been uncomfortable to say the least. Letting out a small sigh she would pull the dark blue kimono from the hook and tie it tightly around her waist and rib cage with a white strip of cloth and finishing it off with quickly running her fingers through her still wet hair to give it some texture. Finally she shut the locker and headed out of the building only pausing outside momentarily to focus her chakra sensing to pinpoint the two signatures she was looking for; it took a little longer than she wanted but she had managed to find the pair not too far away - maybe six blocks or so west? She made her way there and as she approached the building the smell of ramen broth hit her nose and gave her the most nostalgic feeling that she couldn’t hold back the pleasant smile that formed at the memory it brought forth.

Pushing the curtain aside that covered the main door she entered and looked around for a half second before spotting the brilliant red mane of Kaito and the taller frame of Anaphiel at a table in the corner of the quaint building - or… hole in the wall would be more apt. She walked over to the two men, only picking up the tail end of a question and easily picking up on the awkward tension between the two. Narrowing her eyes curiously she made the quick decision to slide in next to Kaito, using her hip to scoot him over on the bench to make room - while she had plenty of space she still sat just closer than necessary. Oh how she loved this game with him, because of course she had noticed how his body contradicted his outward reactions to her closeness - and it was just so amusing and… enticing to push those limits. 

Placing both elbows on the table she would rest her petite face on her intertwined fingers and gaze at Anaphiel intently, “Yes ‘beanstalk’, what is your story?”, she had chosen to use the less than flattering nickname to see how he would react, her tone was teasing unlike Kaito’s though. There was a filled cup of saki in front of him and as she continued to take in the tables’ setting she noticed Kaito’s cup was still empty- must have just arrived then or else someone has terrible manners… As she waited for his story to start she would pour Kaito a healthy cup and slide it over to him, her delicate fingers barely touching the outside of the cup as it was pushed in front of him. Katsumi remembered how much the man loved his drink and thought it best that she had been the one to pour for him. Finally she returned to her original position and raised a single eyebrow - a double expectation now. Would Kaito return her manners or would Anaphiel?

WC 657 [x2 wc for event 1314]
Anaphiel Hidemori
Anaphiel Hidemori
Citizen

Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:58 pm
Once Katsumi had moved out of earshot, Kaito admitted that he didn’t actually know her tastes and decided that ramen was on the menu tonight. Anaphiel had no problem with that; ramen, when prepared properly, was delicious. As Kaito led the way he answered the question regarding their history. The two of them worked in a kitchen together for some years, which explained the fascination with sharp, pointy objects. Anaphiel wasn’t a big fan of swords; if he was to use a weapon in close combat, he would prefer some form of spear.

It was at that point that the other shinobi decided to bring up the casual flirting banter that had been flowing back and forth between the Hidemori Chuunin and Katsumi, and that he had no interest in her. “I wasn’t actually curious on that aspect, and even if you were, it’s really none of my business. I appreciate your candor though” he said with a small smile.

Kaito had lead him to a hole in the wall Ramen shop, apparently one he frequented before. The owner of the establishment was not too happy to see him, but any argument was forestalled by Kaito telling the man to settle the dispute with someone named Zento. Anaphiel shrugged as they were led to a table big enough for 4 people. The owner brought them over a bottle of sake, 3 cups, and some menus. Kaito picked up the bottle and poured Anaphiel a drink, which the Hidemori reciprocated. After placing the bottle down, he lifted up his cup to the other man as a gesture of cheers and said, “to a successful mission.” before drinking the shot. It was at that point where Kaito asked about him. It was also at this point when Katsumi showed up, wearing a dark blue kimono with a white sash. She scooted Kaito over with her hip, and then mirrored his question. She decided to play as well it seemed, which was fine. Anaphiel was not adverse to teasing and poking fun, but as he’d just met these two, he wasn’t sure it was quite appropriate yet. He decided to instead pick up the bottle and pour Katsumi a drink, as she had not had one yet.

Anaphiel is my name.” He corrected patiently As he placed the bottle back on the table.. “Though you already know that. I am a member of the Hidemori clan. I lived in Konohagakure for the majority of my life, but around a year ago a few of my clan, myself and my sister included, decided it was time to leave Konoha and find a more suitable home. Your previous Raikage, Max, accepted us into the village with whatever rank we’d held at the time in Konoha as a gesture of goodwill. As I focus mainly on sensory techniques, I spend most of my time on duty with the sensor teams making sure that no unauthorised people make it into the village from anywhere other than the village gates.” He shrugged, “Not much of a story,” he said to the pair. “What about you two? I’m sure kitchen work isn’t all you’ve been up to your whole life.

WC: 531
TWC: 3326
Noboru Kaito
Noboru Kaito
Master
Master
The son,
The daughter

Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:59 pm
Anaphiel’s long winded replies pissed him off. Most likely due his own propensity to rant away, a need to make himself sound smarter than he really was, perhaps. His physical appearance didn’t keep him awake at night; he didn’t need to be as tall as Anaphiel to be firmly secure of his prowess. He wasn’t unsure of his looks; he knew he was quite more handsome than average, or at least he could be if the proper girls were liquored enough. He could kill men with his bare hands; he had done it already, and crippled others beyond repair. No, it wasn’t his physical attributes that brought about insecurity. It was that which he could not easily dominate. Anaphiel’s ways made him feel insecure. Or, rather: the things which he disliked about him were reflections of that which he despised within himself.

Once inside the ramen shop, Anaphiel served him a glass of sake, and he mimicked the cheering with Anaphiel before asking his question. It appeared Katsumi slipped in between his setting down the glass and asking the question, as she floated about in her luxurious blue kimono as though an elegant mountain lion stalking its prey in perfect harmony with its environment. The blue sash of purity almost felt like a cruel joke on her part, yet it fit her strikingly well.

She scooted over to his side of the table at what seemed like a last second decision, possibly weighed carefully between two options regarding which outcome would inflict the most psychological torture on Kaito. Before Kaito even had time to shift his weight on the position he took so carefully to make sure she felt inclined to join Anaphiel’s side of the table, she bumped him away with her hip, playfully, but at least this time he didn’t felt the usual jolt of energy he would feel coursing through his body. No. Instead, a slow warmth crept from their point of contact and up his left side, as though she was a striker and he was phosphorus, reacting slowly but surely. He fucking hated it. Or her. Or her, for it. But scoot he would.

With Anaphiel filling Katsumi’s glass and Katsumi refilling his glass, Kaito did the right thing and refilled Anaphiel’s glass. He would tell his story, about how he used to be a Konohagakure ninja, but him and his clan moved in and kept rank based on their previous historical rank by the grace of Lord Maximilian, and how he worked with the sensory team to prevent people from entering anywhere but from the gates. Kaito chuckled. “Yeah, I just prevent unauthorized people from entering through the gates. When they’re stupid enough to try.” Not much of a story; that much was true. But the implication of a former Konohanin among them was certainly something to spike Kaito’s interest in the man, closely so. He asked about their past, and Kaito exchanged a glance towards Katsumi, before looking back to Anaphiel. “I was a cook, then I was a ninja. No story here. Kages point me at enemies, I kill them.” He lifted his sake, mocked clinking his glass with theirs, then knocked back the sake. He looked over to Katsumi. “Your turn.”
Katsumi Nakiri
Katsumi Nakiri
Citizen

Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:43 pm
Leaning on one elbow she would watch Anaphiel as he continued his patient correction of his name, holding back the urge to purse her lips- how far does that patience go exactly…? Always the one for pushing boundaries and limits it was just another facet of the games she loved to play with people; regardless if they knew they were playing themselves. A transplant from another village, seemed as though the two men had some more common ground than she had originally thought - funny actually to be in the presence of two people who came from the originating village for the Uchiha. All things come full circle eventually. Nodding thoughtfully she would drop her gaze to the grain of the table, her finger lightly moving over the gentle grooves thoughtfully - digesting the question and all the hidden stories that it could reveal. She slammed the shot back as well, feeling the unfamiliar burn encase her throat and hit her stomach before spreading out in warmth through her chest. 

Kaito was the first to broach the question and as usual he revealed very little about himself - downplaying anything he did or simply keeping himself as guarded as possible. Katsumi would give a small shake of her head as Kaito’s eyes burned into her with a glance - he was giving the man the most basic of explanations and it almost made her want to laugh. Laugh at what neither knew and at the levels each didn’t know. Gently she would slide her finger over the lip of her cup staring fixedly at the dregs collecting at the bottom as she contemplated how she would answer. Perhaps in a subconscious move she would move a little closer to Kaito - for comfort? Support? To remind herself that she needed to choose her words carefully? It was unclear even to her… but as she crossed her legs at the ankles she would move them until she was touching his leg with the most minute contact - only then did she look up to meet his eyes and his passing of the conversational torch. 

My turn.

“Still downplaying yourself after all this time Kaito? You think you would have learned to throw that bad habit away.”, clearing her throat would turn to wholly address the table as a group, making it clear it was a longer story time. “He is being too demure, he came out of nowhere and started working for my father in our restaurant, rose through the ranks at an insane rate and even garnered my father's blessing to be the next owner of the establishment. I wasn’t the right fit I suppose and the entire staff was behind the change of ownership.. Truly it was all working smoother than my father could have hoped. Until-”, her fingers tightened on the cup she was now clenching as she spoke, “Until the restaurant was burned to the ground. Then Kaito just disappeared..” As she spoke she was reliving those moments in time as flashes of hot memory - The heat coming from the demolished building as it burned in front of her eyes, the cold look of a broken spirit as Kaito kneeled in front of the remains for days… the feeling of despair she felt when he vanished into the mountains. Did their relationship make sense? No, it was the most confusing thing in her life but she did know that if he were to disappear again she would go full tilt. 

Snapping back into the present she would continue - “In that time of course I was rising through my own ranks, after my father passed on the family business to someone else I was freed to throw myself into the shinobi force with everything I had, Im the youngest Jounin I know of in our village and I have Kaito to thank for it.” She elbowed him playfully, her crossed ankles still touching his legs, “Had to be ready to give him a ‘what for’ when he returned. That's my story though, hardly dramatic but very closely tied to this grumpy redhead.” She was laughing now, poking fun at the fact that no matter how much Kaito may try they were linked indisputably in history… and it would come to blows one day when he found out the truth ….. but that day wasn’t today.

WC 721
Anaphiel Hidemori
Anaphiel Hidemori
Citizen

Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:28 pm
Anaphiel sat there and listened to Kaito’s brief story as the man refilled his glass with a fresh shot of sake. If you could call it a story of course. It consisted of about 3 sentences before passing the proverbial baton over to Katsumi. The platinum blonde would shake her head briefly, slid her finger once around the rim of the sake glass, and then moved slightly closer to Kaito. She then met his gaze and gave him grief for being self-depreciating. You could tell that there was a connection there; while Kaito says he’s not interested romantically, the way Katsumi treated him made it seem like there was at least some form of affection there. Not that it was really any of Anaphiel’s business; the Hidemori Chuunin wasn’t one to normally spill his life’s story at the drop of a hat.

Katsumi then cleared her throat and gave a much longer tale than what Kaito did. How Kaito had come to work at her father’s restaurant, how he was to become the next owner had it not caught fire. ‘Sounds like it should not have been flammable.’ Anaphiel thought to himself as he listened to the story. Katsumi continued her story, describing her meteoric rise to Jounin, the youngest in Kumo to achieve that rank. Quite a feat indeed.
By the time Katsumi had finished her tale, she was laughing and elbowing Kaito good-naturedly in the side. Anaphiel shared the joy with a smile of his own. “That makes sense, he seems like quite the handful,” Anaphiel said with a smile, “and what happened when you returned?” He looked over at Kaito, “Did she give you what for?” He asked, “or was her bark worse than her bite?” That last question was given with a teasing look in her direction.

Regardless of how they responded, Anaphiel would refill their glasses when they were empty and brought up one of his current projects. “I’ve actually been working on a chronicle of sorts, detailing the events that lead up to our arrival in Kumogakure,” he said to them. “It was my sister’s idea, she’s more of a visual person, whereas my artistic talents lie more in the written word. I would be happy to show it to you when I’ve finished writing everything down.” It wasn’t everything, but it was definitely more of an insight to him as a person than anything, short of actually taking down walls and opening up personally.

And before he could stop himself, he brought up the other project he was working on. “I also happen to have something else I’ve been planning. But rather than tell you about it, if you’re interested, I’ll show it to you when it’s done." He was of course referring to Rayoralia, but they wouldn’t know that unless he took them there once he’d actually taken the time to finish planning it out and actually making it into a reality. Oh what a day of revelations this ended up being.

WC: 500
TWC: 3826
Noboru Kaito
Noboru Kaito
Master
Master
The son,
The daughter

Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:24 pm
The corner sit was a comfortable one, for there were two sides from which Kaito would not be surprised from. Unless, of course, someone breached a wall. However, given that his byakugan was deactivated, he would not have been able to see someone approaching from beyond the wall, but neither did he see Katsumi’s motions under the table. While he did see her nudge herself closer, even as Kaito was already close to the wall, he thought she was just adjusting her sitting to be more comfortable, however her leg would come to touch his, a surprise attack as it were. The contact brought up a sensation of warmth that travelled up his leg, and sure enough, he started feeling a similar warm sensation on his solar plexus. He fucking hated the way she made him feel. Their eyes met, and he could see her mischievous self playing from behind the crimson pools of her eyes.

She went on exposing his life to this new person who he barely knew and felt very little in the way of comfort about having his privacy exposed to in this way, and he wanted to jerk his leg away from her but some magnetic field locked the two in place for the time being. Yet, underneath the overselling of Kaito’s life experience -- in direct contrast to Kaito’s own underselling of it -- she couldn’t help but expose her own resentment towards him. How he garnered her father’s blessing to be the next owner, rather than absorbing all the knowledge the man offered as though he were a sponge and earning a job. How her father offered him to take the place due to the man being there to listen to Kaito’s trials and tribulations on what he perceived were a failure to becoming a fully realized ninja, and how the staff was behind it because they feared her more than they respected her.

She mentioned the burning restaurant, and the blazing midnight sun that had been burned into Kaito’s memories back then resurfaced; the intense smoke, the cracking of burned wood, the despair at yet another failed venture.

The hate.

Kaito’s eyes shifted to her for a moment when she began talking again, and he noticed he had been sitting a bit too stiff. Not that he would change that now, but he was now too conscious of their contact. She thanked him with a playful elbowing for allowing her with the opportunity to become the youngest jonin in the village, blind to the fact her father utilized Kaito as a way to facilitate his own indecision; to bind his only daughter, born of a noble clan, to the path he had chosen, or gift the ownership of the restaurant to Kaito and allow her to become the renown genius she was. No, it would’ve never crossed Katsumi’s mind that the gesture of gifting the ownership of the restaurant had not been a slight to her, but rather pity and charity bestowed upon Kaito. At the time, he had accepted it, blind as he was to his own gifts. But, Katsumi would never see that. He pulled his hips back onto the chair and retracted his leg slightly so it did not touch hers any longer, feigning the entirety of the motion was just a move to grab the bottle and refill empty glasses. This time, and for all the disrespect it would bring, he would fill his own too. However, the glimpse of the hatred he had felt that night flared ever so slightly within his heart, and a small disrespect would be the least of his worries before this story was over.

Anaphiel would ask what happened when he returned, but Kaito shrugged. “She wasn’t around then. She came back after I won the chunnin exam this past… April? Sometime then. She gave me the what for, that much is true.” He glanced at her, pensive. “She offered to teach me the tricks of the trade, as it were. It worked when she taught me in the kitchens, so I took her up on it. That’s why she left that poor sod up in the barracks to have a double shift.” Anaphiel went on to describe his chronicle project; a noble cause. A warrior should be as skilled with the sword as with the pen; for without the sword, a man is a coward, and without the pen, a man is a fool. Kaito had the sword. Anaphiel had a pen. Between the two of them, they could make one good man, he supposed. The idea of reading a chronicle wasn’t properly what Kaito would’ve had in mind either as a fun way to spend an afternoon; perhaps Anaphiel’s sister would’ve held more interest to Kaito. He was, after all, a visual creature more than anything, and if the sister was a painter, then perhaps she would have something more appealing for Kaito to look at. Kaito himself only had skill as a cook, maybe as an apprentice blacksmith for all the armor and weaponry he had started crafting after his attempt at forging his own kitchen equipment. “So long as you make it interesting, I’m not much of a reader.”

When he offered to show something he had been working on, Kaito was almost afraid. A tinge of paranoia crept up the edge of his mind, waiting to strike just as these two were likely planning to strike at him. Was he in on the ploy? Kaito needed a distraction. “Sounds good, let us know when it’s ready.” He turned his head to the server who had greeted them initially. “Oi, where are the menus? We’re starving here.”

==================================================================================================================
(exit)
WC: 947
TWC: 5015 + 2038 (event bonus) = 7053
Claiming 5000 Ryo from S-Rank + 250 from Chunnin Salary
Claiming 140AP +15AP from mission
Spending 5400 Words to Mastery Swamp of the Underworld for Half Handseals and Power.
Spending 1000 Words to learn Summoning Technique (no V7 version available yet)
Spending 250 Words to learn Mark Seal.

Last edited by Noboru Kaito on Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Reworking claims.)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum