Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Shiru IyasuToday at 3:59 amDr.NoDeathThe Culling Games: The FinalYesterday at 8:50 pmHimari HyuugaThe Culling Games: Ninth MatchYesterday at 7:37 pmHimari HyuugaMy Immortal Yesterday at 6:02 pmTalon TauMerchant MonsterYesterday at 5:58 pmHebiishi OrochiIlluminate the UmbraYesterday at 4:32 amJunko TsukikoDoctor DaysYesterday at 4:09 amJunko TsukikoSpa Spy SessionYesterday at 3:56 amJunko TsukikoJunko TsukikoYesterday at 3:21 amJunko TsukikoA Few Errands to RunSat May 04, 2024 2:13 pmAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
16 Posts - 39%
8 Posts - 20%
5 Posts - 12%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
1 Post - 2%
1 Post - 2%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Aya Hiyashi
Aya Hiyashi
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 6000

A strange encounter? (P, NK) Empty A strange encounter? (P, NK)

Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:33 am
Aya idly spun her kunai against her palm as she walked along a wire connecting one set of buildings to another, foregoing the traffic below completely. At the current moment she was contemplating her, rather sudden, promotion. To say it was the last thing she expected would be an understatement, she thought she would have a few more months at least. Yet here she was, a Chunin.

Jumping down to a lower building, the young teen entered a ramen stand and sat down as she tucked her weapon back into her pouch. Ordering some pork ramen with honey tea on the side. Pulling out a basic medical book, the redhead began refreshing herself with what she knew. Basic breaks and fractures and the procedures in diagnosing and healing, or operating if you wanted to be more professional, both out in the field or within the operating room.

(Sorry if this is a bit short)
Kamiko Koutaishi
Kamiko Koutaishi
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

A strange encounter? (P, NK) Empty Re: A strange encounter? (P, NK)

Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:59 pm
It was on a whim that Angerona would reenter the village of Kumogakure once more, she had longed to see if any of the current residents could prove a worthy ally, or at the least a worthy Soul for her Goddess and blade which she wielded; Known simply as Solis-Aufero: The Sun Thief. The blade which rested upon her hip at the moment was indeed the very same blade, a katana in design with a sabre-esque guard on the hand to counter simple bladed attacks and provide the overall aesthetic with a more pleasing look, the hilt and most of the blade itself was a dark grey, nearly black in color. The only exceptions were the hand-guard which was a golden color, and a small sliver of red which ran down the middle of the blade halfway up. Every so often the blade would pulse with a strange, black spherical energy that resonated from the place where the hilt and blade met. This pulse was a sign that the blade was communicating with it's Wielder, speaking directly into their mind as to allow the utmost synchronization and perfection in their movements, each step and move of the hand being calculated and told by the blade to it's Wielder. 

Other than the blade, there was Angerona herself, dressed in an outfit she would have - in her previous life, or rather her previous state before the sword had taken her Soul - as "Heroic", but now she wore it as a symbol of whom she served and just who she was in their relationship as blade and Wielder, she was a servant to this blade, yes, but she was also a Savior to those whom would allow her to provide Salvation to them and free their souls from this world. The uniform in question consisted of white, healed boots which went just above her ankle, white stockings that ran to her mid-thigh with one weapon-pouch strapped to each by a black band. Above the stockings was a small section of skin visible to those who desired to look, which lasted until the edge of her short, black skirt which covered her more private areas from unwanted eyes and also provided her with a rather good range of movement so that she could be more agile in battle. Just above the skirt lay a white bodice which connected to the black cloth breastplate she wore, trimmed with white lace. On her hands she wore white gloves that went just above the wrist, much like her boots, as well as black sleeves that ran nearly to the shoulders, exposing a small collection of scars she wore at this very place, the oddest thing about the scars upon her upper-arm were that they seemed self-inflincted and formed a strange shield and sword symbol upon the spot where they lay. Lastly, Angerona wore a long, flowing white cape which seemed to be in constant motion, fixed upon it's spot by a brilliant brass necklet. 

Her cape, as always, flowing behind her, Angerona would - with the aide of the shadows - emerge into the village of Kumogakure and glance at any passersby with a faint smile, thinking to herself with pleasure: "They still believe that I am one of their corrupted, mindless followers of this place. Yet they do not see, Goddess, that I have you upon my soul to protect me from their foolishness, in return I shall deliver to you all the souls and servants you could ever desire . . . " At this, Angerona would smile and move her hair from her eyes; They were a deep red, and in place of ordinary pupils, her eyes held vertical slits much like a reptile's, to any person whom would simply see them unexpectedly, they would likely cause a bit of a fright. She would take a quick glance around, a faint frown appearing upon her pale, somewhat cold lips as she decided that none within the streets held any worth to her, and that Salvation was not an option with so many willing and able ninja being nearby to provide aide to them if so needed.

It was now however that she would notice the ramen stand nearby and, reluctantly she would begin to obey her humanity and approach it, having not eaten properly for some time due to the lack of good game within the Black Forest, where she currently resided with her Goddess as she awaited her time to travel with her other ally, a Prophet of her Goddess known as Suto. Ordering her food in a voice which seemed to have a strange distortion and hiss to it - common to those of the Darkness - she would place a few Ryo on the counter and await her meal, taking it and sitting unknowingly beside the Chuunin known as Aya, whom she would slowly begin to notice, her frown fading into a soft smile as she felt the potential within this young spirit, the potential to serve her Goddess and fight alongside her, to right the wrongs and save those who were deemed worthy, it was unlikely that such a stranger may on a whim join her quest, but Angerona assumed that all was worth trying, and after taking a few leisurely mouthfuls of her food and swallowing she would begin to speak in a tone much more human than the one she used a few moments ago, a faint veil of Darkness visible over her body as she did so, though it was not heavy enough to seem hostile, merely unsettling. 

"Greetings," She would begin, moving ever-so-slowly closer toward the person beside her as her voice resonated softly around the area. "I think I recall you, once before, I do not think I introduced myself then . . . Perhaps I shall now? And you may do so in turn, thus we may know each-other a step more, I do desire to speak with another human after so long." There was a pause now, as Angerona began to speak her own name with an almost reverence: "I am Angerona Night, Wielder of the Goddess Blade, Aufero, and you may be?" She would say, now simply awaiting a response from the woman beside her as her sword pulsed, speaking to it's Wielder internally as she did so. 

[1,045]
Aya Hiyashi
Aya Hiyashi
Citizen

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:06 am
Aya felt the edge of her senses tingle, something that had not been there was now there. Something that made her senses go into overdrive, just from the simple sensation. Before she could investigate further, her meal had arrived. Still reading, well more like skimming over the words and turning the page every now and then, the redhead picked up her chopsticks and began eating at a sedated pace. She tried to keep tabs on the strange sensation but whenever she tried to stretch out her chakra towards it her senses reeled back. Retreated. As though her own chakra was scared of whatever this being was.

Instinctively she tensed when the... entity sat next to her, but quickly forced her body to relax back into the casual composure she usually kept. Her fingers stayed on her chopsticks, dipping into the broth to catch the noodles and bring them o her lips, and her hand remained steady as she held her book in front of her. Even though she wished dearly that she could just vanish or grab a weapon of some sort, just so she felt that little bit safer.

'Maybe I should learn the Chakra Scalpel...' she idly considered the technique. It would be difficult to learn, in fact she may not be able to do it in one session. It could take her days, maybe even weeks.

Aya was pulled from her thoughts when the girl spoke, and under her dark kimono shirt and all her layers she felt her heart speed up and her body tighten like a coiled snake, but forced herself once again to relax. The girl was just so unsettling, and she hadn't even looked at her yet! The ninja beside her just seemed to radiate danger, and something else that, in all honesty, scared her. Looking away from her book, but not moving her head, the young teen smiled politely and nodded despite the wary look she couldn't quite hide in her eyes.

"Angerona Night" she repeated almost slowly, as though she were practicing the name on her lips to help herself remember it. Her turquoise eyes were quick and sharp as she took everything about the girls appearance in with medical precision. From Angerona's hair colour and length, the tone of her skin, her eye colour -which alarmed her, since red eyes usually meant either kekkei genkai or experimentation, and the cat-like pupils were unnerving for her as well- to her clothing and weapons and how she held herself. All in all, Aya decided that the girl looked ominous, even if her clothing was reminiscent of a hero, it just made her look sinister to the redhead.

"Greetings" she almost winced at the overly polite, and very old term of introduction. Almost. "My name is Aya Hiyashi" she felt rather proud how casually she gave her name away "I suppose this does put us towards the next step of knowing one another" she said, trying to keep her normal personality of friendly and slight playfulness, instead the overly polite and somewhat guarded one she wanted to use around someone who could be such a threat. To her, at least.

Turning her head to face Angerona properly "I... remember you, actually. We were on that wolf mission, with Angel I believe. The two others I don't know. You were very... intimidating, and still are I suppose" she replied honestly, watching the dark aura around the girl. Setting her book down, the young Chunin picked up the bowl with both hands and downed the broth in a few large gulps. Waving her hand for another, she began to sip at her tea, with her book returned to her hand as she opened it at a random page and began to skim over the words once more.

"Though I don't have any titles, unless you call 'medic-in-training' a title" Aya smiled a little at herself before glancing at Angerona "If it's not prying... how did you come by your blade. It seems... sentient" she admitted, glancing down at the blade that pulsed the same dark energy the girl emitted. She had observed it during her scan of the girl, and while she didn't feel any hostility or open threat, the danger was still obviously there. Simmering under the surface. Returning her turquoise eyes back to red ones, she cleared her throat a little.

"Unless that's a private topic, I apologize" she added quickly, and this time she did wince at the overly polite tone and words. Honestly, the swords-woman had only introduced herself and asked for Aya's name, and she was already a mess. Pinching the bridge of her nose as she looked away, the young Hiyashi heaved a sigh and rubbed her eyes with her thumb and forefinger. Then her meal was placed in front of her, and her cup refilled. Smiling in thanks at the staff member, the redhead picked up her chopsticks and took a bite of her meal, listening to the red-eyed girl if she decided to respond. 

'I wouldn't be surprised if she subtly slipped away' she thought wryly.
Kamiko Koutaishi
Kamiko Koutaishi
Citizen

Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:46 pm
Angerona smiled to herself as she took in each and every aspect of the young Chuunin's response, seeming to enjoy the faint hint of worry she could detect within her aura, within her very Chakra. However, she would patiently listen to each word carefully as she began to formulate a response alongside her blade, whom seemed intrigued by the young girl who introduced herself as Aya Hiyashi. Eventually, Angerona would nod as Aya finished speaking, leaving off with a question about her Goddess, as well as an apology to her if the topic should be off-limits. "What a polite young girl . . . Perhaps as a Priestess she could serve you, Goddess . . . " She would think internally, speaking to the sword upon her hip before then answering Aya's question aloud: "You wish to know the story of my Goddess, how I came about her? I can give you the tale fully, if only you will listen." With that, she would await any response before then beginning her tale as if reliving it herself, her expression seeming almost pained for a moment as she recalled it, another time, another place, as the woman she used to be.

"It all began in the Caves, not too far from here truthfully, there was a man whom promised to be my Sensei while I was still a lowly Genin within this very village. I had accepted his offer graciously and, in reward, I was taken to his home near these very same caves. However, that part of the story is none of your concern . . . " She would pause, if for only moment, to give a warning stare toward Aya. "Later, within the night, I awoke with a start to find that I was drawn to a strange glowing light, whence came from the caves nearby, I moved toward it out of a spiritual compulsion and found myself eventually face-to-face with an odd sight: A sword, strange and old in it's design, far different from how I wield her now, was stuck into the rock wall, covered in blood. It was a frightening sight, but I could not tear myself away from it, I was nearly forced by my compulsion to grab hold of the hilt and - as soon as I had - a beautiful, terrifying woman appeared before me, her only clothing being bandages which seemed to cover little, but just enough as to not seem lewd. I asked her, in desperation, what was happening to me, and why I could begin a horrible, unbearable pain in my chest. It was as if my heart were being taken out, slowly and with hands made of fire. The only response she had seen fit to speak was: 'You are my new Wielder, Yuriko Nori.' And as she did so, she pulled from me my very soul and held it aloft, allowing us both to examine it. 'Humans take their lives for granted' she began, staring into my eyes with a stern, yet almost maternal gaze. 'But we can change this, You and I can make them understand a life's true value and we can be Goddesses, if given time, and you may even have your Soul returned. It will be mine, until you grant me strength to break free of my bonds, until we gain the power to show all humans just how valuable their lives are - even if it must be with blood' and, that was when I began to serve my Goddess, that is when she became my blade and my mind, my heart and my soul"

Angerona's story, had revealed quite a large amount of her own past, even the name which she held before adopting one out of her Goddess's quest, it was odd that she would say all of this to a relative stranger, but she simply felt the need to reveal herself to at least one person, to allow her humanity to shine through if for only a moment as if to say: "I am human, still. Please, do not fear me. I only desire love, not hate, peace, not war." Though, she spoke none of this and simply fixated her eyes upon Aya once more, her gaze seeming much less cold and possibly hostile than it had before and, strangely, almost appearing hurt, soft, as if she were some sort of wounded animal. Again, she would make no attempt to vocalize this and instead simply said: "I have answered your question . . . Now answer one of my own . . . - - - Would you have done the same as I? Would you have given up your soul in an attempt to begin saving those you loved? To bring peace to the world even if it meant you would be hailed as a villain? - Answer truthfully." She would add, dropping her tone to nearly a whisper, as if sharing a secret between the two. 

Her blade said nothing to it's Wielder, seeming to be observing instead the conversation between the two and wondering to herself if her Wielder was as truly loyal as she had claimed, and if holding her soul as hostage would continue to be sufficient enough to control the Wielder whom seemed to be growing in power, however the blade's thoughts would be interrupted as Angerona spoke up, once more: "I wish to ask something of you, merely as a precaution of anything to come. Will you travel with me to my home, within this village? - Or at least, my former home. I do not want any prying eyes, or rather any prying . . . wolves, to hear us speaking, though of course if you have an idea of your own, I shall listen to it." with that, Angerona would offer a reassuring smile and, in a gesture of her peace toward the girl known as Aya, she would offer her hand: "I mean you no harm, I hope that you understand now . . . " She would say, seeming almost sad in her tone as she awaited the girl's response, drifting into her own thoughts slowly as she did so, visions of her Goddess and Darkness flowing through her mind like and endless river, one that never allowed sleep nor private thoughts, nearly everything was shared with her Goddess, if she asked, and in turn with the Darkness. Though, this was not important now, what was important to Angerona was Aya, the girl before her, who seemed to cause her humanity to show, moreso than many - if any - others had. 

[2,115]
Aya Hiyashi
Aya Hiyashi
Citizen

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:00 am
The young Chunin paused completely when Angerona spoke, setting down both chopsticks and book, she turned entirely to the other girl. Nodding silently in acquiescence for the girl to speak, and was quickly captivated by the story. Her eyes widened at the part with the bloody sword and the... the Goddess, as she was called. It was hard to believe, but she found herself almost torn. Her logical, medical side seemed to scoff at such an occurrence, completely unbelieving. But her ninja side and if she was honest the child hat lay buried deep in her subconscious, was drawn in. Pulled and feeling the girls words to be truthful, no matter how unlikely. Plus her ninja half happily supplied that, hey, in this day and age, with everything that's happened in the past, can one really say that mystical entities don't exist?

She stared at the red-eyed girl, trying to find some hint, the tiniest bit of proof that the girl was telling some falsehood, but found none. Her voice had changed, and the look in her slit-like eyes was enough to make her pause -not that she wasn't already a living statue- and Aya couldn't say that the girl was lying. She was telling the truth. Then Angerona asked her own question, and the redhead bit her lip as she thought. Looking away from the swords-woman, she stared at her half-finished bowl.

Could she really do that? To become a martyr like that? This girl gave up everything, even her soul, to save the world. To follow a path she believed in so wholly she would forsake even her own self. To be cast out from home and hearth, to forgo safety and comfort, to potentially leave their village and be hunted for an unknown amount of time. Potentially for the rest of her life. To be classed as a villain even by those you loved? Flashes of her mother, cousins, uncles, aunties, nephews and nieces and grandparents flashed in her minds eye. The forge, that always kept her bedroom floor warm, the special dumplings that her family made. She was supposed to be learning the recipe soon. The tea house, where she had begun to meet so many people, the training grounds where she had learned so much yet still knew so little.

To be hunted by the very village you still secretly served, even if only for the loved ones that reside within?

"I... can't honestly say I could. I would like to think I was that strong, but my ties here are too many, too strong, to hurt them like that. Even if it was for their own good, I don't believe I'm strong enough to withstand that kind of burden. Not yet, maybe" she muttered the last part under her breath, but she spoke honestly and without any hesitation. Not like she could lie, she was rather terrible at it. She couldn't fool a drunk man even if she tried, she was just to honest. Honesty by habit. Now that was an odd quirk for a ninja.

Aya raised a brow at the 'wolf' comment, and couldn't help but speculate that it had something to do with that shape-shifter from their mission. Shaking her head slightly to keep herself from letting her mind wander, the young girl downed her remaining noodles in seconds. Followed closely by the tea. Standing and placing money enough to pay for the both of them, the young teen waved at the staff members before smiling down at Angerona. Nodding towards the exit.

"By your leave" she said kindly, finding herself relaxing and -dare she say it- trusting the girl not to attack her. Despite the darkness she still felt from the girl, but maybe that was just a byproduct of the Goddess? She wasn't sure, but she was pretty sure it wasn't really her business. 

Aya walked next to Angerona, if not slightly ahead, and fiddled with the book in her pocket. Going over the jutsu she knew, and the ones she'd mastered. With a sigh, she admitted quietly to her companion "Just so you know, I haven't learnt much in terms of jutsu. In fact I only know one medical technique, and that was learned a few ways ago. I don't even know a jutsu of my element" she finished with a sag of her shoulders. She didn't know why she was saying this, as it was kind of a taboo among ninja's to even speak of their techniques, let alone their weaknesses. But, once again, she felt capable to trusting Angerona. Plus, it was a load of her shoulders. The teen didn't want to admit she hadn't learnt much since her graduation, and was hesitant to broach the subject with her family because she was afraid of being a disappointment. Even though she knew that they wouldn't care, and be more than happy to help. Aya glanced at the red-eyed girl -their eyes really were a strong contrast to one another- and observed her reaction, if any, and if she had made a mistake in trusting this girl so quickly.
Kamiko Koutaishi
Kamiko Koutaishi
Citizen

Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:51 am
Angerona smiled softly as they began to leave the stand, this being directly at Aya who now traveled alongside her and begun to speak quietly of her lack of knowledge in jutsu, to which Angerona would nod solemnly, in understanding, as she begun to speak herself, arms hidden underneath the cape which flowed down her back, eyes now moving to look into the young girl's. Eyes which, to Angerona, seemed so much like a beacon of light within a forest of dark, something about them made her nearly want to reach out toward the Light, to drag herself from the Darkness which she had cast herself into in order to save so many others; But she knew that this would be nearly impossible, even if it were what she truly wished, so she would merely reply to the girl's words in an equally quiet, kind manner: "We all learn at different rates, Aya. To master one's self is key, before one masters techniques - Simply ask yourself, do you believe you have mastered your inner-self? Have you conquered all of those fears and anxieties which are known to plague many a strong ninja? If not, focus on doing so before worrying yourself about Jutsu. Trust me, Aya, if you are not yet able to hone your own mind, attempting to use a Jutsu of nearly any time will prove to be your downfall at one time or another." At this, Angerona would cast her eyes downward, seeming to be speaking both of Jutsu and of herself at this, as if what she had just said held more meaning beyond simple advice, as if she were trying to save someone's life in such an inconsequential manner. 

With a deep sigh, she would gaze up once more as she motioned to a small building within the distance, ironically it stood in the most sunlight of any such building within this particular section of the village, almost seeming aglow with the vibrant sunlight which would seem a contrast to the Dark Aura which flowed around Angerona constantly, a mass of black shadows and faint hissing. "Follow alongside me, if you so wish, though by no means will I attempt to force you." Angerona said, stepping into the bright, harsh sunlight of the building's porch, causing the Dark Aura around her to suddenly burst for the time being, leaving her seeming almost normal, save for her now quite clearly pale skin and the vertical slits which replaced her pupils, though these were only a few features among the many which could not be clearly seen without a constant swirling mass of black around her body. If Aya should follow, Angerona would smile once more and speak to her, in a tone that was especially soft and gentle, coming from her: "I can help you, Aya, if you will allow me. You can become stronger, you can become better, I know you will upon your own accord - but with my aide, I can help you become what you wish to be, whatever that may be, if you will simply allow me to do so." She then performed an especially strange gesture - for both a Wielder of such a dark blade, and for truly any newly met acquaintance - and opened her arms, holding them out as her cape fell between her shoulders now, no longer hiding them as she performed a gesture indicating a hug, or some similar embrace.

"I want to prove to you that I am Human, that you can trust me . . . And that I trust you. I wish to be your ally, your friend, anything you wish me to be . . . I want to be such for you." She would speak in a gentle tone, her gaze softening as her eyes partially closed as she warmly looked into the young girl's eyes, seeming quite entranced by the colors which so greatly contradicted her own. Meanwhile, the blade upon her hip pulsed incessantly, annoyed that they stood now within the bright sunlight in such a state that they would be weakened, at least somewhat, and that their Dark Aura could not be shown nor used to it's full effect, however the blade would say little to it's Wielder other than a simple: "Return to the shadows" in an irritated tone, awaiting for it's Wielder to obey, but as long as she awaited the response of the girl, she would not, simply standing now, with her arms open in possibly the most vulnerable position she could place herself in, Angerona awaited the girl's response with all of her trust and every last bastion of her hope.

[2,884]
Aya Hiyashi
Aya Hiyashi
Citizen

Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:37 pm
The young redhead returned the smile sent her way, she had to admit that it as nice to get to know someone outside of the training ground. She prayed her mother never found out she thought that, she would never live it down. When Angerona spoke, to kindly impart wisdom, Aya as a little shamed to admit she didn't truly follow. She wasn't of the spiritually inclined, or knowledgeable. She as a medic, or planned to be, and thus that meant she had little contact with her inner-self. She had to put up a wall, lest the grief of failing to save a life consume her. But, strangely enough, she got the gist of it. And again, Aya found herself coming up short. No, she hadn't mastered her fears, her worries still plagued her. 

The young medic to be sighed in time with her walking partner, which elicited a small giggle from her. Though it faded quickly enough when she turned to see Angerona with her eyes downcast, her fire-like eyes seemed dimmed in memory and Aya realised those words held more weight than she originall thought. Though this only lasted a moment, for the pale ninja was looking to a sunbathed house that seemed to sharply contrast the darkness around Angerona. Smiling again at her companion when she offered to let her stay or continue, Aya wordlessly continued to follow.

Though she will admit that she jumped in surprise when they entered the sunlight, the darkness around just... burst and vanish, as though the light had banished it, at least for the time being. It made Angerona look much more human, even the eyes and pale skin couldn't give off the same feel as the dark energy had. It made Aya relax just that bit more. She closed her eyes, enjoying the warmth of the sun as it caressed what skin it could touch. She had always been a lover of daylight, it was warm and open. That and she hated the cold.

Then Aya was thrown through a loop when her companion spoke in such a soft way, and offered to help her become what she wanted to be. If anyone asked, she would openly admit -and with no ounce of shame- that she had openly gawked at the unexpected move. And she wasn't given any time to recover when Angerona opened her arms, holding them wide open as though asking for a hug. Leaving her completely open. To a ninja, this was the equivalent to letting someone hold a knife at your throat.

It seemed as though everything had frozen in this moment. She was pretty sure she stopped breathing, and her eyes were wide as she stared at the person in front of her in awe. She was completely different to the dark being she had first met just a few minutes ago. The sunlight reflected off her frame, making her skin seem as though it was made of light. Her eyes were a vibrant contrast of red to the light, like the raging flames of a forge, and seemed to hold so much in them. Slowly, her features softened into a soft smile with a warm look in her eyes. Stepping forward, and whether that was the intent of Angerona's stance or not, hugged the girl gently.

"Thank you" she whispered, emotions she didn't know she had suppressed flooded her voice. She had been afraid of asking for aid, of those she cared about being disappointed, of those around her judging her and deeming her weak. Of her worries of her never being strong enough, her anxiety of not being able to prove herself. That she would fail in being a medic, a ninja, or something worthy. Worthy to be called comrade, friend. That her self-inflicted cage of loneliness had being unlocked and destroyed, that she didn't have to shoulder her burdens -no matter how small- alone. For that was what she truly feared. To be alone. A burden. Unwanted. Forgotten.

Stepping back slowly, she wiped away the tears she didn't even know were there. "I hope I will be good enough for you, a good enough friend" she smiled, meaning her words. She desperately hoped she didn't end up being a burden, that she could help her companion -her friend- however she could. That the trust that had been placed in her was not to be regretted.

"Oh, just so you know, I want to be a medical ninja" she added with a small chuckle. Smiling brightly at her new friend. A million thoughts were going through her head, but none stayed for more than a fleeting moment, but one thought did stay throughout her storm of emotions. She had a friend. And Aya hung onto that one thought, and focused on her friend.
Kamiko Koutaishi
Kamiko Koutaishi
Citizen

Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:45 am
Angerona closed her eyes as Aya entered her embrace, hugging her. To her, this would be the first time since she had left the village that she had had true contact with another human being, being held close to another even if just for those few moments made it seem as if all of her scars, all of her pain, was worth it, for this moment. Due to this, a smile would stay upon her lips as the girl spoke, thanking her in a whisper, she would of course reply to this in turn in the same whispering tone: "There is no need . . . I am at your beck-and-call, Aya, from this point on I fully intend to protect you with my very being and to help you reach your dreams to the best of my ability." At this, Aufero would pulse irritably and hiss to it's Wielder internally: "Forget not where your true allegiances lie, Yuriko." Using the name which she had abandoned upon leaving the village, in a tone which suggested a threat of some sort. However, she would pay this no mind as she simply shook her head as the woman spoke once more, sensing that she held doubts of herself still as being "Worthy" of her.

With a soft, warm laugh she would reply to these doubts: "You seem so much as I had, when I was just a few months younger . . . Have no fear, you shall never disappoint me, and simply your presence is good enough for my liking, though of course if you wish to follow alongside me, I could truly aide you." With that, she would pat the sword upon her hip, as if confirming that this condition would also rely upon the blade which seemed to hold some mystical quality to it, some greater purpose beyond simple slashing and carving. 

Aya would then speak of wishing to become a Medical Ninja, a field which - to Angerona - suggested one who thought of others rather than herself, a hero, even. Someone who was indispensable to both her and her Goddess, she could only hope that the young girl would agree to follow her in their quest, though she knew it would be perilous and quite a bit to ask of someone so young. "That is a path few in my knowledge would dare even think of pursuing . . . Such a noble quest, the pursuit of medicine and healing." her voice would seem dreamy, almost, as she spoke these words. Angerona would only break from her trance as the blade upon her hilt sent a powerful pang of pain through her mind, causing her to step backward, out of the sunlight and onto the steps of the house which were shaded partially from the sunlight.  "Please, come with me." She would then say simply, before turning as her cape billowed behind her once more, Angerona stepping into the house as she entered a rather plain living-room that was unnaturally dark, however still somehow welcoming. The darkness of this room was not the same dark energy which flowed from the blade and - once more - Angerona's body, but a sort of darkness imposed willingly and which radiated peace, in a sort.

Angerona would sit at a couch which lay at one end of the dark living-room and offer for Aya to sit near her, as she gazed up at the ceiling thoughtfully: "I suppose it may be difficult for me to help you in the field of medicine, but I will do to the best of my ability, perhaps even my Goddess can provide aide . . . - - - Would you like to meet her, some day? I am sure that I will soon be able to allow you to do so, if you desire. Though, that is truthfully not the real question . . . The real question remains: "Will you follow me in my quest, Aya? You may decline if you so wish, thouogh I am afraid I would not be able to see you often as I would desire . . . nor would we be able to train within these walls without going unnoticed. I know this must be a difficult decision, though I shall have you know that once my journey comes to a close and, if you so desire to travel with me, you will return here once more. Safe and sound." At this, Angerona would close her eyes and await a response, one arm draped off the side of the couch and the other on the back of the seat, as her blade emitted the only source of true light other than the small slivers through the windows, a continuous red glow. 

Angerona knew that this was a sudden thing to ask the young girl, to travel alongside her, so she would wait patiently and, if the answer would be know, she would be prepared, and if it were yes, she would likewise be so. Though, she could not say that she did not hope the young girl would agree, but she also felt that she would have a difficult time doing so and that it may harm her mentally. However, all of this would depend on how deep the young girl's desire to train was, and how trusting she was in Angerona herself, who had only appeared to her this day for more than a few mere minutes. 

"It is all a matter of trust." Angerona thought to herself, as she opened her eyes, training them softly upon Aya, whether she were sitting beside Angerona or not. 

[3,800]
Aya Hiyashi
Aya Hiyashi
Citizen

Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:01 am
Aya smiled gently as Angerona spoke, stepping back and bowing respectfully "And I am at your beck and call, Angerona-senpai" she said, her voice warm but the unyielding steel of her words hummed in her tone. But her serious demeanour broke when the red-eyed ninja spoke of how she couldn't disappoint, and while she didn't truly believe that -it was all to easy to be disappointed in anyone about anything, she knew- it make her happy to hear such things. Nodding to her words, she followed her friend silently into the dark house, and promptly jumped when the shadows returned to entwine Angerona's body in lazy orbiting streams. She wondered if she would ever get used to that.

Her eyes adjusted quickly, and took the offered seat next her friend, though with the darkness back she again felt a little threatened. Not by Angerona herself, no she was quite comfortable with her now, but the darkness itself, the power it emitted was enough to make her shift a little. Wouldn't allow her to relax completely, but she shouldn't be surprised, with that kind of power she would be stupid to relax and become complacent in it's presence, no matter if her friend was emitting it or not.

"Meet a Goddess? Your Goddess?" Aya started, surprised, and stared at her in shock "it would be presumptuous of me to think that a Goddess would have time to meet a simple mortal, let alone help me become a proper medic" she said, wringing her hands in her lap. Her eyes were had turned to stare resolutely at the toffee table in front of her.

"But your aid... your help I would welcome" the redhead sent a small smile to the woman next to her "And while I can't abandon my village, I'm sure no one would object to out-of-village training. Not to mention I have hundreds of relatives living in small villages all over the land" her smile turned a little more sly "Granted I would have to return at some point, but I'm sure in that time I could at least contribute something to your cause, Angerona-senpai, and it would definitely help with... well, stealth, espionage, infiltration and the like. Which are key components to being a ninja" she finished, finding herself more and more confident about her decision and the idea became all the more likeable. To find experience outside of the village could be a tremendous help to more than one party. Closing her eyes, she forced herself to relax further into the sofa, though she was still in a position where she could easily evade an attack from any direction.

(Sorry I haven't been on in so long, I kind of went on a mental blank and went through a lazy-fit, but I'll try to keep up a regular visit/reply pattern later on)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum