Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Genin Gear Up !Today at 6:04 pmTalon TauHere We GoToday at 1:32 pmAyato HyuugaLife is a HighwayToday at 1:32 pmAyato HyuugaTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Today at 1:32 pmAmikiri GuhinBreakaway (exit)Today at 1:31 pmAyato HyuugaA toughtfull momentToday at 1:30 pmAyato HyuugaSomewhere Out There Today at 1:30 pmAyato HyuugaEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Today at 1:29 pmAyato HyuugaA Dark Mark, The Fourth ShotToday at 1:28 pmAyato HyuugaMeeting the OutsiderToday at 1:28 pmAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
261 Posts - 42%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
36 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Xuexing Yuki
Xuexing Yuki
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : Stats
Mission Record : Mission Log
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Wind Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Konohagakure
Ryo : 500

Burnt eggs and blessed dreams Empty Burnt eggs and blessed dreams

Sun May 22, 2022 2:15 pm
Eyes opening to the singing of song birds outside the window Maku cursed the sun.  Once again he had awoken not to the dream life he longed for, but the cruelty of reality.  His meeting with Youka had only forced him to view the World as it was even more.  Being forced to view and assist Youka had taken a toll on his psyche even if he’d hidden it away from him.  Being forced to have dreamed about Youka as he was, and see him as he is…..it was a lot to bear.  It wasn’t made any easier by the lack of the other two.  He found himself looking for them, searching, pleading…..only to be left wanting.  Each time his memory lapsed between the story and the reality a pain in his chest shot through.  

He’d begun taking things into his own hands of late, writing the story as it should have been.  Making his own reality where it was stubbornly absent.  He’d even attempted to tell an old woman about it, before making sure she could not reveal anything.  The encounter had done little to make him feel better, as he felt there was still so much more to tell.  It was this still on his mind that he completed his daily rituals.  These consisted of watering the flowers he’d placed on the front porch, washing the dishes from the night before, and cooking breakfast.  As he moved through the process of creating a large scale breakfast that he wouldn’t finish, he laid out a ledger and pen.  Making a few scribbles here and there while the eggs reached a perfect sunny side up, he’d smile for the first time that morning.  Feeling he finally had had a brain wave in why to write, he sat…..putting pen to paper, and bringing to life the life he wished to live.

——————-

From his office Denkiteki drew the blinds, casting the room into a man made twilight. Sitting heavily in his chair, he drew forth a large bowl from the lower desk drawer. To the casual observer it would appear relatively unremarkable, albeit not very useful for a medical office. It was thin, and jet black. Upon close inspection one could see gentle carvings making their way not only through the interior but the exterior of the clay. A practiced eye would recognize some of the seals that snaked across it. Several seals could be recognized by a Fuin user, but even more wouldn't be known, except by the man who wielded if.

Clearing his desk, he lay it down before one hand made several complicated movements. From his mouth water poured forth, filling the bowl to the very edge, it's center appearing higher than the lip. Pulling a handkerchief from his pocket, Den would wipe his mouth. He'd never enjoyed that part of the ritual, but regular water failed to be as conductive as chakra made from his own body. Delving once more into his desk he'd pull out a brown piece of leather, unfolding the unassuming object. Within several red strands of hair could be seen, as well as several blonde ones. Though if one looked closely there was jet black snaking through the strand. Taking a strand of each he'd let them fall into the water before making three more hand movements.

Leaning back his elbow would rest in the arm of his chair, chin on fist. His eyes watched as the blue swirled to black, red, yellow, and then shapes began to take form. Before he could help himself a small laugh escaped his lips as he kept watch. From his sanctuary he'd long ago developed a way to watch out for his younger brother. Though, the youngest Hayato had proven despite a childish nature, he had never needed this type of protection.

Rubbing his ears as if to wipe the heat of the day away Maku would look at the scene in front of him. Several bodies were strewn across the makeshift battlefield. The ones that had been unlucky, or to impatient to attack. A further two would be assassins moved on the ground, cheeks puffed out as if they were trying to swim up for air, and the final living attacker was in perhaps the most precarious situation.

"Please...it...was...ahhh...just a...job...". His words came out scared, gasping. The only part of him visible being his head. His body, and up to his knock was currently in a large globe of roughly humanoid shaped earth. The golem had moved up from the earth as though a shark ambushing it's pray. For Maku's part he sat upon a ruin occasionally playing a tune on his harmonica to keep the genjutsu going. Youka however, alive and well stood in front of his creation, eyes slits, but mouth in a wide closed smile. Beneath his foot the same look of tendrils seemed to snake under the ground before returning up his pant leg unseen. A wide hole had been blown into his uniform, but his flesh was unblemished. His recent impaling not having slowed his resolve, or attitude.

"Then no worries my friend...so is this." His eyes never seemed to open, nor his smile falter. His hands outstretched on what the battle had caused. Maku couldn't help but think how he was glad Youka Tau was on their side. He knew his own reputation, but there was something about a man who smiled like that among fallen shinobi that caused his lizard brain to stay wary of his friend. "I don't seem to see any animals...no gold either." The smile never faltered though he pretended to look around. "So if you wouldn't mind friend...can you tell us why you're troop was here?" The priest moved forward placing his hand on the golem. The clay flesh seemed to quiver as chakra pulsed through it. Maku wasn't sure what was going on inside, but he was grateful to be out here with his music.

It went on for only a little longer before all was revealed. They were a mixture of low level thugs, some wandering shinobi, and Yukigakure soldiers. They'd pid a proxy to submit the mission, and the plan was to assassinate Maku and anyone with him. This point seemed to crack the smile on Youka just for a flash. Meanwhile, it caused a smirk of pride to appear on Maku's. "Better luck next time, maybe one day you'll be as important as me." He'd say slapping his friend on the back. "Soooo thennnnn what should we dooo with youuu." Elongating his words in almost a kid like way the violet eyes looked into the brown of the trapped ninja. "I think in all the best plays this is where we let you go. To tell the tale and send a message. Make us feared and prove a point of power that we can't be taken so easily."

He'd start to walk away, the smile falling off of Youka'a face. "But...this is real life. Not a play. I'm sorry mate. You picked the wrong side, and...well it's cliche...but we playin to win. Clean up your mess when you're done." Bringing his hands to his lips he'd play a short tune on the harmonica, releasing the men from their mental trap, though they'd find the world they'd awake to much harsher.

The dirt seemed to rise with each of Maku's steps. Flowing up behind him as though he'd kicked it, though he'd done nothing of the sort. Soon a thick cloud of dirt obscured sight around the priest those of the ambush that still breathed, but not for much longer. For his own part, Maku reveled in the fight. The thrill of if, the strain, but violence for violence sake, well it was just so...uninteresting. He'd busy himself picking some of the tropical fruits while he hummed a a Takigakure lullaby. It was meant with a backdrop of terror. He may not care for it, but the kinjutsu of his friend almost required it. A shame really, he was such a nice fellow otherwise.

The report was filed the same day, prompting a team to recover all items and bodies from the scene of the crime. It took a strong stomach to clean up after Youka Tau, but a ninja body held many secrets, at least the ones the priest hadn't taken for himself. In conclusion the official story was that the group had made an attempt on Maku Hayato's life. A direct act of war by Yukigakure who was named the main conspirator. Attacking a high ranking military official, as well as trespass on their soil. The village elders met, and a missive was sent out to recall the shinobi leader Saiga for an emergency council. It was all very political, Den would later think. All jounin were permitted to sit on the meetings, though only one missed every single gathering. Something that was asked of him often, in which he always gave the same answer "My brother takes this seriously councilor. I have no doubt he is preparing himself for action. His record speaks for itself, I'm certain he prepares not only his mind, but his body for the next mission." This was met with some noble nods by the fresher faces members of the planning team, and faces in Palms by the ones that knew better.

"You are looking a bit peaky brother." Denkiteki would say as he nudged the sleeping body of Maku with his foot. He'd figured his brother would be home, in his two room apartment above a tiny restaurant far from the village headquarters. A bottle of bourbon acting a teddy bear, and the smell of burning from the stove. A serious look was on the doctors face as his brother shot awake and made for the kitchen. It wasn't the blonde and fresh faces shinobi that the village had come to rely on. Instead, black streaked through dull straw colored hair, eyes normally bright and violet dark almost black. Scars littering his front as well as his back. Though whatever physical change there was, mentally the man stayed the same.

"Peaky, impossible...not after trying this!" The man would splash the pan with what was left of the bourbon before turning it a couple times. Grabbing a spoon, he'd scoop some of the caramelized fruit and bring it to his brother. Each step caused a change, his hair slowly returned to bright blonde, his skin becoming unblemished, until he was the Maku that Takigakure presented. "I think I'll make this into a pie filling tell me what you think!" Thrusting the spoon into his brothers resisting mouth he'd allow himself to plop onto the dingy sofa. Causing several puffs of filling to fall to the floor.

"Mmm not bad." Den would say blowing out and trying to release the burning from his mouth. "Maybe let them cool first next time." He'd lay down some documents on the cluttered table, and took his familiar seat. "You were missed again. You could at least pretend you care about what's going on." Den would say unfolding a paper he'd brought with him.

"Care...care?! Can't you see I'm worried sick. I'm practically in a cleaning and cooking frenzy to cope with the stress!" His voice was high pitch and arms out stretch. A look of true pain crossing his face.

"Mmm quite...cleaning lady quite again did she." Den would retort looking about the room that proved the claims false, before returning his eyes to the paper.

"And I'm very tore up about it, can't even bring myself to move due to the loss."

"I thought you were in a cleaning "frenzy""

A moment of silence before a response "well clearly I'm just all mixed up. Very stressful these days." Instead of admitting defeat in the verbal exchange Maku would occupy himself with grabbing the documents and scanning through them. "This is all low rent stuff. If I'm going to break the record it's gotta be something big, not this garbage. My genin could do this." He'd say before placing the papers down and returning to the kitchen to stir the fruit mixture.

"No doubt they could now. They've quite taken to Akihana by the way."

"Yes I'm an excellent delegator I know. Everybody wins, you're welcome Takigakure."

"That is not what I meant and you know it. Anyway, Saiga is expected tomorrow. Just make sure you show up for that one please." He'd fold his paper and stand. "And don't overdue it." The last comment was met with a rolling of eyes and promises he'd be at the war council. Dismissing himself Denkiteki would make for the door and take his leave. He couldn't help but think he saw a little less yellow as the door closed, but for the sake of his brothers pride, he pushed it to the back of his mind. He'd done his best, and so had his brother, but...there was still no telling if it was enough.

——————

Flexing his fingers to extinguish the cramp that had developed, a secondary noxious stimulant would rush across his nose.  Shit, standing he’d run over where the eggs had become charcoal.  Extinguishing the small amount of fire, he’d sigh.  His sudden inspiration had led to a sudden desperation in regard to what to have for breakfast.  Having used the last of the eggs, there wasn’t much else he could do.  Grabbing the ledger, and pen he made his way outside.  

Stopping in the porch, he retrieved the risky fishing pole he’d purchased in his other life.  The thought of that time, winning the fishing tournament and even establishing his restaurant brought a smile to his face, before being replaced with a frown.  It was just another reminder of how his life wasn’t what he wished it to be.  Instead he had focused on such trivial things, when he could have done so much more.  Now more than ever the thought of his deeds did not fill him with pride but shame.  

Sitting in the grass by the pond he would cast out the sinking lure.  He’d had the pond stocked quite awhile ago, and with no one living in the house full time it was easy to make a catch.  Sometime went by, fish nibbled, but his eyes drifted to the sky, watching the clouds go by.  Now the late morning was caving to noon, the heat of the sun only made tolerable by the cold snow country breeze that so often kept this area temperate.  Finally catching sight of a bouncing bobber he’d pull back, landing a nice sized catfish.  When all was said and done he had managed two fish, which he brought inside.

Not making the same mistake twice, he abstained from touching the ledger until his meal was complete.  The fish filleted, and depp fried, he placed a side of stale potato chips to go with it.  A make shift fish and chips he supposed, nothing like what he would have or could have served at the restaurant.  Still, they didn’t taste all that bad he thought.  Fixing two plates he’d leave one on the table and make the trek down to the basement for the other.  Navigating the stone wall, and the corridors beneath he found the medical bay were Youka spent his time.  IVs dripped as the man lay more than half dead on a cot, clearly out of it from whatever sedative he was using.  Though he’d not seen the man eat a real meal yet, he placed the plate nearby.  He knew it was a foolish gesture, but still…..it just seemed like the right thing to do.  

Making his way back upstairs, he sat once again at the kitchen table.  His left hand spearing cat fish filletes with a fork, his right hand taking notes.  “And now, I’ll eat a potato chip…”. He’d say before dramatically taking a bite, and writing a name within the notebook.  A man, surely long dead.

———————

The night passed without incident, and just like that the leader of Takigakure no Sato had returned. Saiga was a man of little ceremony or pomp. He kept such a level of aloofness that his being within the walls of the village was typically of little concern or knowledge of anyone residing there. It wasn't that he was weak, though few new what his actual abilities where, it was just that he'd done such a good job of removing himself from the spotlight no one paid it much mind. He was tall, even taller than Den. He was more muscular than Den as well, cutting an impressive swath through the halls of the village leaders office. Dark eyes moved slowly, seeming to drink in the environment, analyzing it. He spoke so seldomly that it would often take the council by surprise when he actually did, the calmness of it and calculation speaking to a man much older than he actually was.

All in all, Maku hated him. He acknowledged his strength, but honestly he was like some protagonist from a manga. So cool, and handsome, and tall...just made him sick. It wasn't just his prowess as a Shinobi, but also his abilities as a negotiator. His political powers had pushed Taki from the fringes to knocking on the door of being one of the greats. Still, this was not within Maku's own wheelhouse, and having no interest in it, he couldn't help but think of it as not as important.

Denkiteki on the other hand, held Saiga in high regard. The elder brother respected the balancing act. Of military and political leader. How one had to carefully delegate and move each piece onto the board in the correct place. While his aspirations had never led him to desire the office, he could at least see the draw of it. Though having to manage such personalities of that of his brother and the demon priest...well he'd stick with East activities. Multi organ failure perhaps.

The Hayato brothers arrived together to the leaders office building. A tall structure across from the hospital, where Maku had been lazily napping in Den's office while he had finished the latest charts. Exchanging small talk, Maku would dismiss himself as Akihana approaches falling in line. As he moved away a puff of smoke occurred, and when the blonde shinobi moved outside of the obscuring cloud he was in all chef whites, with hat. Looking at Akihana he could see the small frown and her eyes following his brother. No doubt she'd pick up his sudden departure at her arrival. Clearing his throat slightly he'd attempt a distraction. "So, any questions? This is your first real meeting. Nervous?"

Snapping her yellow eyes from the disappearing chef she would look up at the eldest brother. "I don't think so...I won't really be asked to speak though will I?" Her voice contained just a hint of anxiety. While he had undoubtedly been attempting a certain level of comfort, the idea that should she be nervous had now entered her mind, causing the very thing the doctor had been intending to avoid. Seeing his mistake he waved his hands and quickly spoke.

"O no, not in something like this. It'll be mostly the council and Saiga. I doubt even I'll get a word in." He's push open the door holding it for her so that the kuniochi could move through the doorway first. She'd been here several times now, but the lobby always took her breath away. The sheer beauty of it. "Yes...Saiga has always loved plants." Den would say with a smile as he took in the floral aroma that now surrounded them. The room always relieved his anxiety, and he could see it was having the same affect in his companion.

The inside of the office building wasn't like that of many of the villages. Though Den has only seen a couple other villages, he still felt his home reigned supreme in the uniqueness of it all. Rows and rows of flowers hung from the ceiling, sprouting from the floor. The plant life almost overtaking the area as if they were meeting within the jungle itself. Each plant he knew was carefully selected based on the room, with careful research on scents and their affects on the human psyche. Lavender filled the room, bright colors inspired peace. Even the butterflies within seemed to move just to put those within the walls at ease...yes it was all very well done.

The receptionist would point them towards the main chamber in which the meeting would take place. They'd continue walking through the mostly empty building. Only the essential personal working to preserve the security of the meeting. "I meant to ask, how is the trip of genin coming along? I've heard you picked up their training on the side. Not tiring yourself out are you?" His newest worker had displayed boundless energy, jumping into the workings of the hospital. Not only participating in clinical exercises, but also with instructions of the fledgling medics. On top of picking up his wayward brothers squad. A felt a little guilt at this, but if it had become a burden she'd yet to show it. The opposite her eyes seemed to brighten, almost emanating a small light as she spoke.

"They are coming along so well. We went back and did the survival training proper, even added some in the field medical training. I know that's a little more than what's meant but I couldn't help but to take the opportunity. Then I've had them...". She would continue detailing the different training exercises, as well as some of the low ranking missions that she'd signed them up for. Though the ledgers still officially listed Maku as their jounin instructor he'd not laid eyes on them since he'd originally sent them out.

Den searched her words for any signs that they had become a strain but if they had he couldn't find one. She seemed truly happy to have them. Though he was going to stop by and change the names around before he left. He knew for a fact Maku was still getting the extra stipend that was more than undeserved. Her words of praise continued for the genin trio, of which he'd heard had taken just as much a shine to her. Though after his brother he wasn't surprised. Every now and then there would be one weirdo or another that loved his brother, but they were few and far between. No doubt she seemed perfect after that, and a genuine knack for teaching didn't hurt either.

They'd continue this conversation as they made their way into the main conference chamber. A large room with a large circular table in the middle, and more seats surrounding this table. Den and Aki would take their place in a front row seat outside the table. Their position would be behind the main council with a view of Saiga's front when he arrived. The chamber would continue to fill until all the villages jounin had taken up their seats around them. Council members would fill their seats at the table, and across Den caught eyes with the smiling priest who gave him a wink. Youka's seat would be directly behind Saiga, a strategic position for two of the most senior jounin.

Soon all but two seats where filled. Saiga's, and Maku's. Both were at the table. Maku's only being granted at the table due to the nature of the meeting. The occupants of that seat changed depending on the business matter at hand. With the military nature of this...the younger Hayato brother had garnered the honor. It didn't take long for the doors to open once again, with two men walking in. The height difference almost comical, one held a large ledger whole the other pushed a cart. Their whispered conversation appeared heated, but quickly evaporated as their steps led them deeper into the room.

Saiga would take up behind his chair setting the time down and clearing his voice. It was deep and strong, confident in its chosen words. "Thank you for coming." He would bow, turning to look at each corner of the room. "This is a grave matter indeed. One we have planned for, but still...planning and doing are two very different endeavors. I hope each of you will take this matter with the utmost seriousness. As what we decide today will impact not only our lives, but those outside the walls of Takigakure. Let's get started." He'd finish his pronouncement, and take his seat to a back drop of a cough. "Ah yes, and our chief military lead would like to offer up refreshments for the meeting."

Den wasn't sure but he thought he saw a small crack in their leaders composure, a flicker of annoyance. He felt the corners of his mouth start to rise, but quickly moved his hand up to cover it. Taking what he thought was a deeply serious and considering posture. Glancing over he saw Akihana taking in the meeting with golden eyes.

As roll was called, Maku moved through the room with a large cart. On it was an assortment of meats, cheeses, bread, and the same tropical fruit filling Den had tasted the day before. He'd take a small plate and give his brother a disapproving look, only to be met with a smirk and a wink. His brother would continue the food service while the main meeting started.

"As many of you already know, we have had an incident within our lands. Mercenaries as well as a small group of Yukigakure shinobi attacked two of our own. Though the attack seemed lackluster at best, this is still obviously a direct act of war." Saiga would clear his throat opening his large book. Den had seen this book before, it held Saiga's own personal collection of information on all shinobi villages. Sealed and secure, only the village leader could read it. "I believe it was a test. Our reputation speaks for itself...but we have been careful, we have been secure. No doubt this has been taken by our enemies as an assumption of weakness. Something that was proven false." He allowed himself a small smile at this. His eyes warm...it was another political play. The acknowledgment of the villages strength, pride, he sought to build up moral.

"Still...now might be the time we have been waiting for. With this direct attack, they may have unwittingly performed is a great favor." He'd look up from the ledger, his eyes moving through the hall. Meeting eyes with many, before he spoke his next words. "We have wanted to extend our villages prominence. Expand our boarders, but we have been patient. Now, we have this...this chance. Our retaliation will be justified, seen by the outside forces as justified. This will help ease the transition of power and prevent other players from entering into our game. It is not my decision alone. It is our decision...I believe however...this is our chance to strike, and begin our ascent to one of the great villages."

There was a passion in his voice that was rarely seen. Perhaps it was because of this that Den watched as the room quickly fell in line. Hiding passion until moments it really counted, it was a good strategy that few could pull off, yet it appeared to have worked. Everyone seemed on the edge of their seat, as if a march to war could occur at that very moment, except one person. He'd sigh heavily and drop his head into his hand. "Sir are you alright?" Akihana would ask in a whisper, but his answer quickly became irrelevant, as a sing song voice cut through the hall.

"And how will we do it? Offer to have tea and talk it out? I'm all for a scuffle, but...well that cat won't land on its feet without proper ground." Maku would say finally plopping into his own seat with little grace. The empty cart behind him. Den couldn't help but sigh again at the terrible analogy.

"Well, that's where we will lean on you. You are our military mind, master Maku." Saiga would say, a smile at odds with a burning look. Tension seemed to fill the room. Those close to the two felt the hairs on their arms stand on end, as if static had begun to fill the room.

"I don't recall usually getting asked, just you know...saving the day as needed. Still I suppose if you are asking me, I could help out." His voice was an odd mix of sarcastic, happy, snide, how he conveyed so many emotions in a few sentences made little sense. The theatrics of it overdone for the situation.

"Enlighten us then. I'm certain we'd all like to hear what you have to say." As for Saiga he remained cool, not falling into the traps that had led more than one council member to leaving the chambers for good. In fact verbal confrontation with Maku had become almost a second interview. Anyone who could make it an hour without trying to kill the man clearly had a handle on their own emotions and could handle any political problem.

Despite himself, Maku's own ego was sufficiently preened. "Well Yukigakure isn't the wonderful country we have here. It's all mountains, snow, and scrawny predators with not enough pray. This isn't a good old fashion marching campaign. They'd kill us in attrition." He'd sat up, his eyes locked on Saiga's own. The electricity in the room seemed to grow. Some of the elders had even pushed their seats back an inch. "So we need a decisive strike. No politics, no stalling. A lightning strike, one that ends it the same day."

"And you think that is something we can accomplish. A single day to strike out a shinobi stronghold?"

"With the right people at the helm I do..."

"I take it you mean not myself." Saiga would say in the same tone.

"Correct, I think we need someone who can finish the job quickly instead of dragging it out"

Den felt himself wanting to stand, to stop his brother. What was he playing at? The village leader and his brother had always had an uneasy relationship, but this was nearing insubordination, in a world where such things were met with finality.

Saiga's voice cut back over Denkiteki's thoughts, "and do you think you can get the job done? Take out an entire villages military and infrastructure in the matter of a single day?"

"I do!" Maku's own voice cut off any more questions

"And why do you believe that?" Saiga would ask his voice for the first time containing some heat.

"Because, I just did it to ours, and I believe we are fundamentally better." Maku would lean back, all anger gone. A trickster smile, and a flicker of pride playing across his face. This caused Den to look around. The councilors hadn't just pushed themselves back from fear, they'd fallen back. Turning he saw that every single shinobi in the room was passed out. The only members still awake being himself, Maku, Saiga, Youka, and a struggling Akihana. She was still conscious though a severe weariness playing across her eyes. He sought to stand, but his legs weren't strong enough. What had his brother done...then he thought of the food. Shit...

It didn't take long for Saiga to realize the same as his chief medical advisor. Turning he looked at Youka whose main job was protection. While the priest was at least awake, he didn't look to be in any condition to fend off much of an attack. "This could be considered treason...". Saiga would say, his voice back to being cool with a bite of cold.

"It could be...but I think a demonstration was necessary. I want the fight, but I want control. Real control. To do this my way, I don't think that's to much to ask." Maku would say, looking extremely pleased with himself. "Or maybe we should take a vote?" Forming a hand seal everyone asleep would start calling out his name in the form of a vote. It required great deal of self control for Den to not yell his brothers name. It wasn't poison, or a sedative...it had been a genjutsu spread via taste...damn...now that was a new trick. His hands moved to form a release seal, but as he did he felt his stomach wretch, and stopped himself. "Not yet brother dearest. I'll release it in a minute. Try and do it yourself and we will see exactly how much of my masterpiece you had." He'd smile at his brother. Violet eyes twinkling.

Staring, the remaining awake shinobi would watch the two men lock eyes once again. Small bursts of colors seemed to move through the air as the feeling of electricity returned. The two were gauging each-other, looking for a weakness. It wasn't a conflict that Saiga wanted, but it was one that Maku longed for. Den would later reflect that perhaps that was why things went the way they did. How long his brother could get away with such behavior though...he wasn't sure.

"Well I hope your happy. I'm still feeling sick you know. It's like you gave my chakra food poisoning." Den would say leaning back in his chair. One hand on his head with a green light around if.

"Mmm no more than normal. It does feel good to be undisputed commander though." Despite his words his voice brimmed with self pleasure. The council meeting had ended soon after. Most of the individuals not even realizing something had happened. Votes had been cast, and the declaration of war was being written up. Maku would take control of the campaign, and they'd soon be preparing to march off. Denkiteki had command of the rear vanguard and medical corps. He didn't much fancy going off to war, but it was the duty that was required of him, so he'd see it through. It had only been a couple hours since the meeting concluded, so there were still a couple days between now and the start.

Sitting up he'd give up on trying to eliminate the nausea. "I did have to give you and Youka a double dose. Have to admit I'm impressed with your assistant. I guess maybe she is one to watch after all." He's smile again, and Den would notice something he hadn't before. A thin cut moving across his brothers cheek.

"Did anything else happen Maku...that we missed?" Den would ask suspiciously.

"O no, you saw everything." Maku would say with a wink before going back to playing his harmonica. A bit of unease filled Den's stomach that had little to do with the genjutsu remnants. His brother constantly played a dangerous game, and no matter how skilled he was everyone's luck ran out eventually.

————————

The ending made him smile.  He’d played politics with Echo as well as while leading Yukigakure.  However they’d always been a different kind.  Though thought of finessing a system form the inside, while really being part of something….it had a certain joy to it that he’d never found.  Thinking of using genjutsu with food, was also rather amusing.  He supposed it was possible, though he had never tried it personally.  Looking at the few scraps left on his plate he considered maybe he would try it on Youka sometime.  It might be amusing after all.  

He would close the notebook, noticing the time and how he’d let the entire day go by.  Their provisions were drying up, from food to capital.  Soon they would be in dire straights as he assumed even the materials that his friend was using to keep himself sustained must be coming close to the end.  How long had it been since this place had been restocked.  He hoped that the demon priest would be up for a job or at least a grocery run soon, or the legend of their duo would end not with a bang, but a growling stomach.  

TWC - 6018

Exit

Claims

+6018 towards rinnegan
+35 to vigor
+50ap due to max stats.
Hayato Yuki
Hayato Yuki
Citizen
Stat Page : Frigid Blade
Remove Bukijutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default