Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Far Away Today at 3:51 pmAmikiri GuhinLate Night Customers!!Today at 3:08 amDaikiAqueous Transmission Yesterday at 7:59 pmDante HyugaTori Jintaro [WIP]Yesterday at 7:16 pmTori JintaroJoro meeting Sephy!!Yesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaAn Unruly Situation; Unrest SurgesYesterday at 1:33 pmShiro HyugaA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Yesterday at 1:32 pmShiro HyugaA Ghost! Where?Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:49 pmJoro ShokkuMerchant MonsterTue Apr 30, 2024 7:32 pmReiten
Top posting users this month
12 Posts - 55%
5 Posts - 23%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Gonk
Gonk
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Sharky Boi
Remove Taijutsu Bukijutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 151400

A Side Quest Empty A Side Quest

Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:35 pm
mission:

Gonk woke up not bright and early, but grumpy and late. He slowly sat up in his bed and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. Gonk glanced over next to him and was surprised to find Momo not there. Momo hated waking up almost as much as Gonk did, so when Momo did wake up first, he usually made sure Gonk had to suffer alongside him.
“Where’d he go?” Gonk wondered sleepily as he scratched his head. His fingers touched something warm and hairy, but not like human hair. Gonk slowly reached his arms up and lifted the sleeping Momo off of his head. How he got up there, Gonk couldn’t fathom, but he was still fast asleep. Gonk glanced over at the alarm clock to find it was still the early hour of 11 am. With Nothing to do that day in Hoshigakure, Gonk decided he could afford to join Momo in the realm of dreams for a few more hours. But just as he set his head down on the soft pillows, and was about to close his eyes. He noticed something. A scroll on his windowsill. 

“What could that be?” Gonk wondered as he swung his feet over the side of the bed, and silently padded across the inn floor over to the window. Gonk picked up the scroll and slowly turned it over in his hands. It was stamped with the official seal of Kirigakure. 
“So that rules a summons from the Hogokage out,” Gonk thought as he slid his finger under the soft wax seal, causing the scroll to pop open. 
“To the shinobi that it reaches,” the scroll started. “In a city nearby, corruption has led to the imprisonment of many locals and visitors. These individuals are sent to work in mines until their eventual demise. Your job is to set these prisoners free, destroy the compound, then kill the officials behind it.  But most importantly our village's involvement must be kept confidential. This is an S rank mission, so there is a high possibility of death. But unfortunately you won’t receive any back up. The coordinates of the town are written on a small slip of paper attached to this scroll, take that with you. Destroy this scroll once it’s contents have been understood. Good luck.” 

Gonk read it over once then read it again, making sure he had it all memorized. Then he took out the small folded piece of paper and slipped it into his pocket. He would read it later when he was ready to move out. Luckily Gonk had a few days before he needed to do anything related to his reason for being in Hoshigakure, so he should have plenty of time to successfully complete his mission. Gonk first ripped up the paper until it was in scraps two small to possibly put back together. Then he stripped off his pajamas and pulled on the black body suit that his armor went over. He then donned all of the other pieces of his armor, save for the helmet and gauntlets, which he attached to his belt for the time being. 

Now Gonk was left with a question.
“Should I bring Momo along,” Gonk wondered, as he gazed at the sleeping form of the monkey. The mission required infiltration, a skill that someone with Momo’s size and dexterity had high potential for. Not to mention that having someone to watch his back could be helpful. Even if it was just to give him an early warning if someone was coming. “Alright he’s coming,” Gonk thought as he walked back over to the bed and shook Momo, rousing him from his sleep.
“The hell do you want?” Momo asked groggily, still recovering from the effects of a long sleep.
“We have a mission,” Gonk told him sternly. “It’s an S rank, and you’re coming.” As Momo sighed and clamored up Gonk armor and onto his shoulder, Gonk realized something. 
“Wait a minute, you’re back home!” 

Momo attempted to look bashful for a few seconds, but it melted into a smirk. “You really thought you could ditch me that easily huh?” Momo asked triumphantly as Gonk walked down the stairs into the mess hall of the inn. “When you two vanished I realized you might not be coming back, so I went to the docks and waited to see if you would come, and sure enough you did! So I snuck onto the boat and hid in the storage all night. Then I hopped into your bag and you carried me into the village. Anyways, what's the mission?” 
They were now in the fairly crowded mess hall, which to Gonk’s dismay, was now serving lunch instead of breakfast. 
“I’ll tell you later,” Gonk told Momo as he grabbed two tuna sandwiches and two bananas. Handing one of the bananas and a piece of a tuna sandwich to Momo, Gonk found a table in the back corner to sit at.
“Why can’t you just tell me now?” Momo asked with a mouth full of banana. 
“Because it’s confidential,” Gonk told him in a hushed tone, “now please shut up about it until we’re out of the village." Momo raised his eyebrows but said nothing, instead opting to take a bite out of the tuna sandwich.

The two finished their meal in silence, and as they were about to walk out the door, Gonk realized something. 
“Shoot I forgot to tell Travin that we’re leaving." As Gonk sprinted back up the stairs he sighed, realizing this was the second time he would be vanishing with only a note. “This is going to start to look bad for me.”
When Gonk reached the room, he grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, then started scribbling down a note. It told Travin that he was on a classified S rank mission and wouldn’t be back for a few days. If he wasn’t back in four days time Travin should assume him to be dead or captured. 

With all his loose ends shoddily tied up Gonk finally opened the slip of paper and read the contents. The coordinates were close by, a few hours walk from the village at most. Even faster if Gonk ran, which he hopefully wouldn’t have to do. Gonk folded the paper back up and stuffed it back into his pocket. 
“Momo do you have everything you need?” Gonk asked with his hand on the doorknob.
“I’m all set, I got all the supplies you asked for,” Momo told him. “They’re all in your bag.” 
Gonk nodded. “Thanks for that, now let's go.”

Gonk swiftly opened and closed the door, then proceeded to quickly leave the inn. Gonk stepped out into the glaring haven country sunlight, and scowled. The weather was disgusting. Gonk was a cold person  but he could handle heat, provided there was actually a drop of moisture in the air. He was going to become a piece of dried seafood if he stayed in this country for too long. Gonk walked through the city and out the gates, encountering no resistance as he went. Once there Gonk started down the winding desert that led to the city he was assigned to free. 
“You know the letter never really said what to do after I free the prisoners and take down the rulers and stuff,” Gonk thought as he trudged through the desert. “But I guess that really isn’t my problem. The village told me everything I needed to know, so if I wasn’t told, I shouldn’t do it.” The midday sun was excruciatingly hot, so Gonk was relieved he remembered to tell Momo to bring them lots and lots of water. He had already downed a whole bottle and they had only been walking for 20 minutes. As they walked Gonk reviewed the information given and tried to formulate a plan, but realized there was just too much he didn’t know. When he arrived at the city he would first have to look around to find the prison, then scout the building itself. Not to mention he would also have to identify and locate all of the officials behind the prison camp. This was quite a large task for one person and a monkey, and Gonk couldn’t afford to fail it. He had to make it back so he could return to the village. He wouldn’t let his story end by the hands of some filthy slaver. So he instead spent the time explaining the mission to Momo, and what they might have to do.

After two hours and more water bottles than he could count, Gonk finally arrived at the city. It was large, not quite as big as Hoshigakure, but close. With the city in sight, Gonk quickly pulled a while cloak over his body, and pulled up the hood. Hopefully this would hide his identity enough to conceal the mist village’s involvement and allow him to scout out the different parts of the city without drawing attention to himself. Gonk continued on the road until he was in the heart of the city, then paused to consider his next action. 
“Well first things first I need to locate the prison,” Gonk thought. “It could either be a regular prison or a secret illegal prison, the scroll didn’t specify. If it’s happening at a secret prison camp there should be a noticeably large amount of activity around the area. But the normal prison could be a solid place to start.” But then Gonk remembered something. “The letter said they were working in a mine, so if I can find where they work, I can follow them back to where they’re being kept. Then while I’m there hopefully I can find out who’s behind all of this. With this in mind, Gonk started thinking of where the mine could be. It would have to be outside the village, and probably fairly far away to avoid drawing attention to it. If it’s really advanced they might even have an underground tunnel to and from it, but I kind of doubt that. After all, someone had to have found out about it for Kirigakure to be hired.”

Gonk walked through the rest of the city, looking around as he did so, until he came out the other end. “I suppose the mines will be in a mountain somewhere,” Gonk thought, as he looked around again. There were several off in the distance, but none closer than at least a couple miles away. Then something occurred to Gonk. “What if the prison isn’t actually IN the village.” Gonk started to nod. It was all making sense. “Keeping them in a camp by those mountains would keep them out of sight and away from means of getting help.” But the question still remained, which mountain had the mine. Gonk turned and started walking towards the mountain range, waiting until he was out of sight from the village before creating two identical clones in a puff of smoke. 
“You check out that end,” Gonk told the clone on his left, pointing to the left side of the mountain range. “You check out the other end,” Gonk told the clone to his right. “Make sure that you aren’t seen. Dispel yourself if you find anything.” 
Nodding, the clones dashed off in opposite directions, leaving Gonk and Momo alone.

“So what are we going to do?” Asked Momo, confused. “I don’t even get why we’re out here.
“Sorry, I forgot I wasn’t thinking out loud.” Gonk said as he started running straight ahead. “I think the mine is somewhere in this mountain range, and if we can find the mine, we can follow the prisoners back to the camp. Then from there we can find out who’s in charge, free the prisoners, destroy the camp, then kill the officials.” 
Momo nodded. “Alright, so what exactly are we looking for?” 
“Uh, a mine?” Gonk replied, confused.
“Which looks like…?”
“...shit,” Gonk said as he realized he had never seen a mine. Kirigakure’s primary industry was ninja work and fishing. Not mining. 
“Well, uh I guess it’s a hole in the mountain, and the people will be digging…” Gonk trailed off as he realized he had no clue what he was talking about. “Well I think it’s one of those things that you know when you see.”

Momo looked at him, skeptical, but said nothing. Gonk ignored him and kept running, only stopping a few times for water on the way. When he drew near to the mountains Gonk slowed down and started to be stealthy, his movements becoming deliberate and fluid. Despite his muscles Gonk could move silently and without a trace, not even leaving footprints in the sand beneath his feet. As Gonk reached the summit of a sand dune, he peaked over the edge and down at the base of the mountain. He saw no camps, nor anything that screamed “MINESHAFT” to him. Deciding he wouldn’t be seen, Gonk made his way down the sand and upto the foot of the mountain.Seeing nothing to his immediate right or left, Gonk decided the best course of action would be to check the other side of the mountain. Afterall, it did make more sense to have the camp on the side of the mountain opposite to the city. Even less of a chance of being discovered. Gonk had climbed a few mountains for training back in Kirigakure, so he figured this would be no different. And at first it wasn’t, he was able to scale the first half of the mountain with ease. But then it started to get tricky. He started to get really, really thirsty. The beating sun deprived him of the water he needed to survive, and caused him to feel weak. 

“Hey Momo, hand me a water bottle,” Gonk said, panting. 
“On it,” Momo said, shifting around on Gonk’s shoulder so he could reach into the backpack and pull out a bottle of now warm water. But water was water. Easily supporting himself with his two feet and one arm, Gonk lifted his other arm to grab the water bottle out of Momo’s hand, and proceeded to gulp it down. Gonk handed the mostly empty bottle back to Momo.
“Here you should drink some too,” Gonk told him as he started to ascend the peak once more. After what felt like ages of hard climbing, Gonk finally was able to reach the top, and when he looked down he saw it. Rows of shoddy tents, lined up about 100 meters from the base of the mountain. It was getting dark out, and Gonk could make out figures walking away from the mountain and over to one area of the camp.
“Food maybe?” Gonk thought as he dispelled his clones. No point in keeping them around. They would only add to the risk of being discovered. 

“We’ll need to stay up here until it’s completely dark out,” Gonk told Momo in a hushed voice. “But don’t worry, I’ll still be able to see. Gonk climbed a tiny bit back down the mountain to a small outcrop, where he sat down and pulled the bag off his back. 
“We should have dinner now, while we have the chance,” Gonk said to Momo as he pulled an energy bar out of his bag. He broke off a piece and handed it to Momo, before taking a bite of the food himself. It wasn’t great tasting, but it was filling, and restored his strength. For a mission it did the trick. Now all there was left to do was wait. So wait they did. They two of them remained sitting on the ledge for the next hour, drinking plenty of water.

“I wonder why they do it,” Momo abruptly said at one point, looking out to the lights of the town in the distance.
“Huh?” Asked Gonk, not following his monkey.
“The city officials,” Momo explained, “They’re already in positions of power, they’re already stinkin rich. So why do they risk it all in this horrible business. Not to mention it’s just morally wrong.”
Gonk pondered this for a moment. “I really don’t know Momo,” he said at last, looking up at the dim sky. "Some people can’t get enough money and don’t care how they get more I guess. But if you want to, you can ask them before I kill them.” 
“Are we really any better than them?” Momo asked miserably. “We kill non-ninjas, people who have no chance against us. Sometimes the people we kill aren’t even criminals. Are we in any position to look down on them from a moral high ground?"
Gonk didn’t like where this conversation was going. “We do our jobs and not a thing more. If you don’t think what we’re doing is right then we’re not the ones to blame. We don’t get the luxury to choose whether we want to do the right thing or not. Maybe what we do is wrong sometimes,  but at the end of the day our job is to protect people, while theirs is to make money. So I would say that we’re much better than them. But you’re entitled to your opinion I suppose. Just remember, you signed up for this, no one made you choose this life.” 
The two of them passed the remainder of the time in silence.

Once it was completely dark, Gonk donned his gear once again, and climbed back up to the peak of the mountain, peering down at the camp below. There seemed to be a small rotating guard stationed, but they looked like they would be easy to get past. Just regular mercenaries by the looks of them. Not even ninja. The prisoners seemed to have been sent to their quarters, but Gonk could hear loud voices coming from the only large and nice looking tent in the camp. It was set apart from the rest and had a guard stationed outside. Clearly the leader’s quarters. Gonk grinned. This was going to be a piece of cake. Gonk hoisted himself up and over the top of the peak and started to climb down making sure to be unseen. When he was close to the bottom, Gonk pushed away from the rock face and fell down to the ground, landing as quietly as ever. 
“You ready?” Gonk whispered to Momo, making sure his voice wouldn’t travel to the camp. In training the intents of kirigakure, he had learned how to amplify his voice to levels loud enough to create huge, damaging shockwaves. This gave him incredible control over his vocal cords, and so as well as being able to raise his voice, Gonk was also able to lower his voice and cause it to travel very short distances. It was an odd skill, but one that came in handy on occasion.
Momo simply nodded in response. While Momo obviously didn’t have human skin, if he did, Gonk imagined it would be pale at the moment. Come to think of it, Gonk couldn’t pale either. Nor could he blush or do anything else that involved skin. It made concealing one's emotions a tad easier.

With Momo clinging to his back, Gonk began quickly and stealthily making his way over to the camp. The guards weren’t particularly good at their job, as they spent most of their time staring into the campfire, and only occasionally stood up and walked around the perimeter. They clearly didn’t know campfire’s ruin your night vision. After a few minutes, Gonk arrived at the edge of the camp. He could have done it much quicker but he didn’t want to take any chances of being seen. This had to be done without drawing any attention to himself. 
“Before I can free the prisoners I’ll have to kill the guards” Gonk thought. “But if I just go and do that now I won’t be able to find out who’s running this operation. So first we’ll have to go over to the leader’s tent, figure out if everyone in charge is there, then kill them all. It should be as easy as 1, 2, 3.” Gonk crept through the rows of tents, making sure not to be seen by the guards or prisoners. While he was there to free them, it wouldn’t do to have them know of his presence quite yet. Information traveled fast and if the guards heard it would be all over. After a few minutes Gonk heard loud voices from the large tent that was clearly the leaders. It was set slightly apart from the rest, and had two guards posted outside. Now Gonk had to figure out how to get the information. He snuck around back and tried to listen in on their conversation. The voices of several men were audible, the volume and slur indicating they were drunk. That might make things easier. But they didn’t seem like they were divulging information. Merely chatting and laughing loudly about rich people things. Gonk didn’t get it.
So he turned to Momo and whispered, “sneak in there and see if you can find a document or anything that says who’s in charge of this, got it?”

Momo looked like he wanted to protest, but after a moment, hardened his face and nodded, then slipped under the flap. 
What greeted Momo was the sight of several fat men all with beer on their breaths. They seemed too absorbed into whatever dick measuring contest they were having, so it was easy for Momo to sneak over to the large table that stood against the side of the tent and climb on top of it. He quickly and quietly sifted through the papers, searching for a clue.
“What am I even looking for,” Momo wondered as he searched. “It’s not like they’ll have an actual list of the leaders or something, right?” 
Momo’s thoughts came to a halt as he gazed down in disbelief at the paper he now held in his hands. It was a list of every single person in the upper circle as well as their role. Why they had this, Momo hadn't the slightest idea. Maybe it was in case people forgot who was in charge of what, but it just seemed moronic. If they couldn’t even remember something that simple they were hopeless. But Momo wasn’t going to complain that they were making his life easier, so after glancing around to make sure he still wasn’t seen, Momo nabbed the paper, and scampered back out of the tent and to Gonk, the men inside not noticing a thing.

“Did you find something?” Gonk asked eagerly when Momo returned.
Momo hesitated a moment, thinking about what handing over the paper would mean. He knew that giving the list to Gonk would surely mean the deaths of every single person listed. But he didn’t have a choice. If he didn’t give Gonk the names then he was committing treason and was aiding these criminals. Plus, that’s exactly what these people were. Criminals. Why should Momo want to protect these horrible humans who caused the deaths of countless individuals. Still. He felt bad about signing the death warrants of so many people. 
All this flashed through Momo’s mind in only a moment, and so there was only a second between Gonk’s question and when Momo silently gave Gonk the sheet of paper. 
Gonk’s shark-like face broke out into a toothy grin when his eyes scanned the paper.
“Momo, this is incredible!” He said with excitement. “This is all we need to start taking them down. It even conveniently lists their addresses. Wow these guys are really morons. It’s almost like they want to be killed. Well I suppose we should kill the guards patrolling the camp first, then get the tent last. We’ll have to make sure not to make a sound while doing this.”
Gonk realized he had been saying ‘we’ this whole time.
“Do you want to do this with me or wait until it’s over. I won’t lie, it’s going to be gruesome.”
Momo considered this for a moment. 
“I’ll stay back for this part, I’d just get in the way."

Gonk studied him for a few seconds then nodded and silently stole off into the night. 
Gonk moved to the perimeter of the camp, then started to creep around the edge, looking for the first guard. After about a minute of creeping, Gonk caught sight of a man who was staring off into the distance with evident boredom. Gonk crouched down and started making his way towards the man, meanwhile pulling out his sword. Gonk wore his full armor so even if the guard was able to see Gonk in time he would have no idea who was assaulting him. But he never even saw Gonk. At least not until his head was rolling on the floor, sliced off by Kiribachi. Gonk made his way around the cmap, killing the other three perimeter guards without anyone noticing.

Satisfied that he had dealt with all of the guards who were patrolling, Gonk moved inwards, heading towards the campfire where some guards who were on their break were resting. Some asleep and some just starting into the fire. A few played a card game and two were engrossed in a conversation. With their night vision ruined by the fire, none of them noticed Gonk until he was right on top of them. With so many enemies there and the need to dispatch them all quickly and quietly Gonk considered popping a blood pill and reverting to a primal state, but decided against it when he realized that he might not remember to keep quiet and also might end up hurting or even killing the prisoners.The risks were just too great to use the jutsu in this situation. Instead he started taking deep breaths and let the oxygen circulate through his body. While he knew he wasn’t even close to unlocking all this technique had to offer, it would hopefully give him enough of a power boost to dispose of the mercenaries. Gonk took one last breath, then burst into the light of the fire, taking out three of the men before anyone even had time to blink. By the time the guards had registered what was happening two more fell to the ground dead and Gonk’s sword was blurring towards another. To their credit that man almost had his weapon before he died, so he at least knew what was happening.

There were now only four left and they all had their weapons. 
“Shit,” Gonk thought as they started to form a ring around him. 
Luckily none of the mercenaries had thought to yell for help, but that also meant Gonk still had to take them all on by hand. Using a large technique to target all of them would just be too noticeable. So when one of them lunged at Gonk with a katana, he had no choice but to lock blades with the man, then start making a relentless advance, refusing to give the man even a moment's rest. After a few seconds Gonk’s superior speed and strength was able to crack through the katana wielding man’s defences and he fell to the ground with a small gasp. The blood still splattering to the ground, Gonk immediately turned and deflected a blow from a longsword with his own large blade, then sidestepped a spear thrust. Gonk couldn’t currently see the final opponent, which concerned him. It meant one of two things. 

[list="padding-inline-start: 48px;"]
[*]The foe was behind him and was planning to literally stab him in the back.
[*]The foe had run off to get help.
[/list]

Neither of these things were good, but if he had to choose Gonk would rather it be the first. That way he at least had a chance of killing him before anything too terrible happened. 

As the spear shot towards him once more, Gonk caught the shaft and yanked it towards him, pulling the man wielding it over with it. While still parrying attacks from the man with the longsword, Gonk let go of the spear and punched straight through the spearwielder's chest, killing him instantly. When he ripped his hand out of the man’s chest cavity, Gonk quickly whipped around, checking to see if the final enemy was behind him. But unfortunately he wasn’t. 
“Dammit!” Gonk thought as he turned back around and ducked under an incoming sword strike. “He could already be getting reinforcements. Or maybe he just ran away.” While he didn’t really suspect the latter was true, it couldn’t hurt to hope, especially since there was nothing else he could really do. 

Gonk focused his attention on the final opponent who stood before him and finally went on the offensive. The man’s sword may have been big, but Gonk’s was bigger, a fact Gonk used to his advantage. His opponent was used to fighting opponents with smaller lighter swords, and so wasn’t used to fighting someone with a larger blade. So when Gonk started his relentless stream of heavy blows, the mercenary caved after a few strikes and received a fatal blow to the chest. 

Gonk stopped and started breathing heavily. HIs total concentration breathing was starting to wear off. He looked up and around for the opponent who had run off but saw nothing, which concerned him. After taking a minute to catch his breath, Gonk started moving towards the prisoner’s tents. Where the last guards were, barring the ones who guarded the leaders of the operation. Luckily for him, Gonk only spotted a total of four guards by the tents, and they were all distanced from each other, throughout the rows. Gonk crept to them one after the other, silently ending each of their lives one by one. Gonk debated letting the prisoners out then and there, but decided against it. It would be better if they just woke up to find everyone dead. No need for them to know Gonk was ever there. Gonk moved away from the prisoner area and over to where the last few guards remained: the leaders’ tent. Gonk hoped all of the leaders would be there so he wouldn’t have to go hunt down anyone while they were in the village.

While he was sneaking over, he saw a strange shape on the ground. He crept over and found to his surprise, Momo, standing over the body of the guard who had fled from Gonk.
“Momo, what happened,” Gonk asked, noticing that the man’s neck was twisted at a strange angle.
“I-I killed him,” Momo replied, his voice shaky. “I saw him running over here and realized he probably saw something. I had no choice. I jumped on him from above and broke his neck. I really didn’t want to have to kill anyone. But I had no choice. He would have jeopardized the mission.”
Momo started sniffling and Gonk realized his companion was crying. 
Gonk wasn’t exactly able to console him very well at the moment considering he was covered in blood and in the middle of slaughtering a bunch of people, but he gave it a shot.
“I can’t say whether what you did was morally right or wrong, but you did what was right for the mission.” Gonk told him. “To be a good shinobi, sometimes you’re forced to take the life of an opponent. That’s just how things are. You had to do what you did because I failed to eliminate him in time. Without you this mission may have turned out to be a failure, so I’m really grateful. Though I suppose there’s still room for failure. Anyways I should get going, do you want to come? I know you said you wanted to ask these guys why they did all this.”
Momo stared at the tent for a moment. 
“I’ll go in with you but I might go outside when you start killing." 
Gonk nodded. “Then let’s go.”

Momo followed Gonk over to the tent, who realized it was pointless to continue with stealth at this point. The two guards at the front of the tent exclaimed when they saw Gonk coming, but Gonk just raised his fist, crackling with energy at one and fired a fist size glowing ball at him, ripping a hole through their chest. To deal with the other one Gonk simply clapped his hands, sending ripples in the air that ripped the mercenary appart.
Gonk could hear commotion inside the tent so he quickly opened the flap and stepped inside, brandishing his sword. The fat men all cowered in the back corner, trying to get as far away from the armored Hoshigaki as they could. 
“My monkey and I each have a question for you, but I’ll let him go first.” Gonk told the ring leaders menacingly. “I suggest you answer sincerely.”

Momo took a deep breath then looked at the group of men intently. 
“What made you people do such an atrocious act here?” Momo asked simply. “Why enslave all of these people? Don’t you care about their lives? Or are you all just heartless?”
The men all glanced at each other nervously until one of them finally spoke up. 
“Please, we were just trying to make money. We didn’t mean any harm. Please spare us.” The pathetic man ended his sentence on his knees with his hands clasped. Gonk looked down on him with contempt. 
“DId this man’s answer satisfy you?” Gonk asked Momo. 
“Yeah,” Momo answered, looking down. “I think I get it.”
“Good,” Gonk said, turning back to the men. “Now my turn.”

Gonk had been counting the number of heads in the room and it conveniently matched the amount on the list. However Gonk needed to make sure that these were indeed all of the members. “Is every person on this list here?” Gonk asked, brandishing the piece of paper Momo had given him. Several of the man glanced over at the table where it had previously been, shocked, but none of them answered. 
Sighing, Gonk spoke once more. “Fine, I guess we’ll have to do this the tedious way.” He then proceeded to call the names of every person on the list, making it clear the person by the name was meant to answer. When he had finished and was satisfied that all of the ringleaders were in attendance, Gonk turned to Momo.
“This is the time where you might want to leave,” Gonk informed him. 
The prisoners, realizing something was wrong, started getting nervous. 
“No, I think I’ll stay,” Momo said, his face stoney. 
Gonk shrugged. “You might want to cover your ears.” 

Gonk closed his eyes and took a deep breath, preparing to finish the business. The fat men could now see what Gonk intended to do, and with his eyes closed, they were taking action. Some tried to charge him, and some tried to flee, while a few others curled up into fetal positions. Suddenly Gonk’s eyes shot open and he released a deafening shout, the sound waves traveling in a circle away from his body, annihilating anything and anyone in its path. All of the men were ripped apart and the tent was blown to smithereens. When he was finished Gonk closed his mouth and surveyed the destruction. 
“That shout probably woke the prisoners,” Gonk told Momo, starting to move away from the destroyed tent. “We should get going.” 
After waiting for Momo to climb onto his shoulder, Gonk set off into the night, heading straight back to Hoshigakure where he could report the success of his mission.
[WC=5943]
claims:
Fu
Fu
Jounin
Jounin
Stat Page : Fu's Fat Stats
Familiar : Archie the Bear
Remove Remove Remove Bukijutsu Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 176650