Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Aqueous Transmission Today at 7:59 pmDante HyugaTori Jintaro [WIP]Today at 7:16 pmTori JintaroJoro meeting Sephy!!Today at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaDrowning his SorrowsToday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaAn Unruly Situation; Unrest SurgesToday at 1:33 pmShiro HyugaA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Today at 1:32 pmShiro HyugaLate Night Customers!!Today at 1:04 amJoro ShokkuA Ghost! Where?Yesterday at 11:49 pmJoro ShokkuMerchant MonsterYesterday at 7:32 pmReitenFar Away Yesterday at 6:57 pmReiten
Top posting users this month
12 Posts - 57%
5 Posts - 24%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape

The Bloody Unicorn

+5
Gonk
Kita Hajime
Murata
Mizuki Ohta
Jun Fuji
9 posters
Go down
Jun Fuji
Jun Fuji
Citizen
Stat Page : Link
Remove Taijutsu Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 6700

The Bloody Unicorn  Empty The Bloody Unicorn

Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:44 am
The Bloody Unicorn  EII0gQvywVbyMOQ-5S9f_IAFlCfISB4n19rLW3p2hzR4MaDNRPQQHl-LlxghGj0NmOv6KXBjXWUj1xK-pZGS1h5BNakJ4Q5KnmvYJL3ml7Q9Rnt67H530oUuhpLy8za8hKfbjHbL

Music:

The night air was electric, alive, and warm in the very large bar and restaurant- the Bloody Unicorn. Live music poured out the windows and doors of the two-story building. The smell of hot food -an assortment of meat and treats- and alcohol wafted down the street of the Bloody Unicorn  It was a hot spot for many travelers as it was surrounded by many locally-owned inns. And now there were some special travelers in town for the Hoshigakure hosted Chuunin exam. The main floor was an open dance floor with live music playing on a small stage along the walls. On the same floor was the bar with a very large and muscular bartender named Shimo Bunko - one of the best in town. The second floor was filled with wooden tables and chairs where patrons would be allowed to sit and chat amongst themselves.

Tsubaki thought tonight would be the perfect night for a celebration of the events and the travelers from around the world coming to one village. Tsubaki knew the owner of the bar well and they agreed to reserve the bar for Shinobi visiting Hoshi while she’d advertise around the village. Which was easy as most of the shinobi were staying in places nearby the bar. Tsubaki hung posters around the inns and along the street saying- 

Come All Shinobi Who Travels to the Blood Unicorn for the Festivities in Honor of the Chuunin exams! All - of age- Shinobi are Encouraged to come to Enjoy Some Free Drinks and a Buffet of Treats and Meats! The dress is Completely Casual!

Tsubaki was already there along with the bartender, the workers, and much other small-time shinobi of Hoshi that came for the free drinks. Tsubaki was only one drink in, sipping on it as she watched the crowd dance, shout, and converse loudly among themselves. She’d also be watching for new people coming into the bar. The Senju was dressed in; beige -form-fitting- pants with darker tan shin-high heeled boots, olive green top with a heart-shaped chest, and a white crop top cuffed jacket.  

The night was still young, who knows what could happen at the Bloody Unicorn.

WC: 363
Mizuki Ohta
Mizuki Ohta
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Mizuki Ohta
Mission Record : Mizu's Log
Remove Remove Remove Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Medical
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 330650

The Bloody Unicorn  Empty Re: The Bloody Unicorn

Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:09 pm
After the teleportation into the village via the gracious hand of the Hogokage Ayato she bade him farewell to venture out and explore her once home - Hoshigakure. Before leaving the building she tucked her Kazekage hat into her bag and wrapped the Suna headband around her upper thigh, the sun glinting off the ‘impossible triangle’ stamped on the metal with her every step. The air was drier than she was used to in Suna but after a few hours of exploration she had become acclimated. 

As she walked closer to the heart of the market district in search of an inn to take check into it was hard not to notice the multitude of posters plastered on every surface her eyes settled on - walking up to one she read the advertisement for a bar closely. ‘The Bloody Unicorn…’, raising an eyebrow she couldn’t help but imagine the formal Ayato entering any place of business with the word unicorn in the title, ‘...interesting villagers you lead.’ While she couldn’t imagine Ayato entering such an establishment there was nothing stopping her from doing so - with a snort of humor she snatched one of the posters off the wall, folded it and tucked it into her pocket as she walked off to the closest inn.

Checking in at the desk took a bit longer than she expected, perhaps the process could have been expedited if she waved around her title a bit but she couldn’t help the desire to have a little fun while she was still an anonymous figure. Busy as it was she managed to get her room and dumped her belongings on the bed before pushing her fingers through her hair to adjust it in the mirror - her outfit was an eye catching affair to say the least. A cut out bodysuit tucked into white shorts with a sleeved cape and her wide brimmed hat attached to her back with the simple clan symbol in white - giving herself an approving once over she dug into her pocket, pulled out a cigarette, lighting it as she exited the room and building, locking her room as she went. Holding the cig in between her lips she pulled out the poster and stared it as she walked - the directions seemed straightforward enough and in only a few moments she stood outside the bar in question. With a final drag she put the cig out on her headband tied to her thigh before tucking the butt into her pocket and entering the building.

The music was loud enough to be heard from outside but once the doors were open it reached new levels that made her eyebrows furrow in slight pain. The place was objectively quaint … or was it rustic? There was a decent number of people milling about but it was far from packed - eh the night was only just beginning anyways. Without hesitation she was at the bar in seconds, leaning with her elbows on the counter as she waited to get the bartender's attention - on the outside she seemed to have tunnel vision that made her dangerously oblivious to her surroundings but in reality she was tracking everyone with pinpoint accuracy by their heartbeat. After a moment or two the bartender finally made his way over to her to take her order, giving a sweet smile she would ask for his oldest bottle of rum and a glass. He paused for a moment, the look of confusion crossing his face but before he was able to question her she placed several hundred ryo on the counter and took a seat - a look of expectation on her face. Narrowing his eyes and only hesitating for a second longer before turning and going into the back room - returning a few minutes later with a dusty bottle and a glass, of which he placed in front of her after cleaning it off and walking away with a subtle eye roll. 

“Hmm, you’d think he could have poured the first glass.”, shaking her head in an amused way she would uncork the bottle herself, pouring a heavy measure into her glass and taking a deep drink. The rum in Hoshi was always the best and it seemed her memory wasn’t failing her.

WC 708
Murata
Murata
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : --
Ryo : 0

Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:14 pm
Though the night is young, the dance floor is already host to bright laughter and raucous shouting. It becomes clear to those around the outskirts and the bar that the crowd has parted to create space in the centre, with several visitors competing to out-dance one another. Many of the shinobi participating, both antisocial and blessed with incredible abilities, prove to dance very badly and extremely entertainingly. One Sunagakure chuunin leaps into the air in a perfect, yet somehow still awkward backflip, pirouetting from the wood flooring with a blast of wind that sends several front-line dancers scrambling with various yells and peals of laughter ensuing. The wave of pressurized air travels across the bar, running through the hair of everybody present but causing no major damage, though it does result in a yell to 'keep it calm up there!' from the bartender.

"No, again! You almost had it!" Murata shouts to the chuunin as the woman lands and startles at the distant shout, making to vanish back into the crowd and let somebody else take the spotlight. She laughs as her words have no effect, and a tall gentleman from Kumo takes the vacated center stage. Murata's 'dancing partner', the black wolf Tadasada, looks upon the events with quiet seriousness as Murata pulls him around by his forepaws.

"I do not see how I am useful in this place," he says, stomaching the indignity as he seeks an explanation for his circumstances.
"You are here to dance with me! Obviously."
"Find somebody else to dance with. Connect. Is that not your nature?"
"Oh, nature, nature. I am stressed, Tadasada! These places are easier when you have a friend!"
"Miss," one of Hoshigakure's shinobi manifests from the crowd, sleepy-eyed, "No pets, summons, or familiars."

Murata raises an eyebrow, visibly questioning the logic of both acknowledging the distinctions between the three while treating them all as common animals. Tadasada, who would normally be quite the eager participant in such a debate, instead pulls his paws free from Murata's hands and gives his fur a shake, affording the sleepy-eyed Hoshi-nin a polite apology before vanishing in a puff of smoke.

"I don't suppose you are to be his replacement," Murata says to the shinobi, her sour tone not especially inviting. The interloper retreats with the quiet excuse that she is on the clock.

Murata hums thoughtfully, gazing through the crowd. She's donned a loose silk shirt in emerald and straight black trousers, the four waves of Kirigakure present as an understated pin upon her shirt. Two different women catch her attention, though one appears busy eyeing the door and the other is just starting a bottle of rum, so for the moment her gaze wanders elsewhere - soon simply returning to the center of the dancefloor, for now. Ooh, this Kumo boy is really starting to show off, now.

Kita Hajime
Kita Hajime
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Clan Specialty : N/A

Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:05 am
Kita walked along the fine streets of Hoshigakure with a certain stride in his step. He was feeling alive, and he was looking for a little bit of excitement tonight. After his escape from a near arrest, and what would soon be a massive boon to his power, Kita felt as though he was on top of the world. His mood was elated to the point of absurdity, and it was noticeable for all involved. After a night of rest the night before, he had been in what seemed to be in a permanent good mood, suddenly far more sure and confident about his participation in the exams. His ninja companion seemed most concerned about this strange change in personality from the nervous and jittery attitude he had taken just a day before.

"I don't know what's got you so fired up today kid. Did you meet some cute girl or something? Awful decision to go girl crazy if you ask me."

Kita gave a carefree laugh into the night wind, already looking a bit more disheveled and unhinged than normal.

"Sorry Bobo, but not yet. I'm just happy that we got through the first round of the exams! Murata's out right now, so this is about the only chance we have to really explore the night life of this city and celebrate. Who knows when we'll be back in Hoshigakure again?"

His caretaker just so happened to be missing for the night, so there was nobody in particular around to force a curfew on the young boy. Taking advantage of the opportunity, he had grabbed his ninja companion, a small rhesus monkey by the name of Bobo, and his fellow mischief maker Gonk to have a fun night on the town. Yet he hadn't expected to strike gold so early in the night. Seeing a nearby flyer hanging by a single edge along a nearby rickety wooden street bench, Kita plucked it from its resting place to read it aloud for the quartet of shinobi and monkey that had gathered for a night on the town.

"Come all shinobi to the Blood Unicorn for festivities in honor of the Chuunin Exams! Sounds like exactly what I've been looking for! What do you think Gonk? Want to try going to a genuine fancy bar? Looks like they have a full menu including drinks and food, and I'm starting to get a bit hungry again."

Bobo scowled and clambored over the young boy's shoulder to look at the flyer, squinting at the paper that the boy clutched tightly in his hands.

"Kid, I think you've gone crazy. That's a party for OF AGE SHINOBI. Last I checked, fourteen isn't of age for you humans. I think it's best if you back off and try somewhere else, maybe somewhere with more age appropriate companions."

Kita gave a deep sigh, giving a grin as he waved the idea away with one flick of his wrist.

"Oh come on Bobo. We're never going to get a chance like this again! Trust me, it'll be a good time, right Gonk? Besides, it hardly seems fair to me that an exam filled with so many young Genin would kick out so many of its participants. Just think of it as training. Part of being a shinobi is infiltration after all, isn't it?"

Bobo continued scowling with an intense ferocity, dissatisfied with the decision but clearly willing to go along to ensure that nobody got hurt. Yet concern was clearly evident in his eyes. He whispered something lightly under his breath, lost to the night wind.

"What the hell is going on with you kid?"

Before long, Kita had dragged Gonk and the trio out to the bar in question to scope out the location. It seemed as though a large number of shinobi were making their way into the building after checking in at a desk of some kind, where high tempo tavern music, overflowing food and drink, and endless dancing awaited them. Lights danced in the young boys eyes as he pictured himself amongst the people below, milling about and partying to his heart's content with strangers he had never met until the sun came up.

"Here it is you guys! We're only a short little trip through the line and we're in!"

Bobo looked a bit uncertain, and scratched his head in response.

"I-I don't know kid. Maybe we should just go somewhere else? I mean, there's no reason it has to be HERE does it? I think I saw a nice little ice cream parlor on the way here! I think I even saw a girl around your age wearing pig tails. Maybe we head over there, get you a bowl and call it a night?"

Kita brushed him off, clearly focused on the goal at hand. He turned around with a wicked smile to look at Gonk with mischievous eyes.

"Are you ready Gonk? We're only one little trick away from getting inside! All we've gotta do is slip past that desk, and we're in. And I think I know how to do it..."

Kita brought his fingers together to form three seals, and two shadow clones popped into existence on either side of himself. The two nodded at the original with identical smirks, and Kita performed yet another hand seal. In a poof of smoke the young boy vanished, and a young man took his place. There stood a dark haired man with strong facial features and kind eyes, and more muscles than were reasonably needed. His hair was longer and shaggier than Kita's, though it still maintained the same dark color. His clothing had shifted from that of his typical gray kimono into that of a dark, loose fitting shirt and black pants. He flashed a dazzling grin at Gonk as he suppressed his chakra into practically nothing, hiding his signature from anyone who wasn't actively looking for it.

"What do you think? My reasoning is that we can go ahead and use shadow clones to make a diversion to go in. They'll likely be looking for Genin trying to sneak in, so we can use the clones to throw them off our trail. It shouldn't be too out of the ordinary to have two shinobi hiding their chakra considering how many people want to keep their skills under wraps for the exams. Throw enough diversionary tactics at them like invisibility jutsu, regular clones mixed in with the shadow clones, and causing as much general mayhem as we can and we should be able to slip in without issue. You in?"

Word Count - 1101

Mizuki Ohta likes this post

Jun Fuji
Jun Fuji
Citizen
Remove Taijutsu Remove Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 6700

Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:11 pm
Tsubaki watched the drunken and sober mix together on the dance floor. They danced in rhyme of the live music and would compete with one another in a ruleless dance-off. The center area would clear up of a crowd save for one person who would be showing off their either amazing or hilarious dance moves to a cheering and chanting crowd surrounding them. At one point, a woman summoned a large wolf to dance with her. Tsubaki could help but burst out laughing as she saw the wolf become extremely uncomfortable with being on the dance floor with their front paws being held up. Unfortunately, the summon disappeared, probably fed up with the embarrassment. Poor girl needs to get a date to dance with her, hell I'd dance with her if I wasn't more interested in getting hammered, Tsubaki thought to herself while taking a second shot. 

Tsubaki was glad to be hosting the party and being a part of unity. It was like a dream to those worried about the discourse between the nations- like Tsubaki or those of some Kage. 

Speaking of the devil, as Tsubaki was watching the dance-off, she noticed a familiar figure- a figure she wasn't expecting to see at a place like this. The Kazekage, Mizuki Ohta. Upon entering, she was greeted with hoots and whistles. Common for a bar setting like this- Tsubaki would also get them. People took them in different ways- Tsubaki normally took them as a good thing as she enjoyed the attention. Her hair was long and dark with a light sheen to it when the light is reflected off her figure. She wasn't wearing anything that showed her Kageship- arriving at the bar in casual wear. Tsubaki wouldn't be surprised if her own villagers recognized her but she doubted any other villagers would recognize her. She only knew her because she accompanied Ayato to the Kage summit not too long ago. Her presence at the Kage summit was very different from the presents tonight, it was warmer and more approachable. 

The 5'4 beauty walked over to the bar counter- bearing no mind to Jonin who was only feet away from her. Tsubaki's diva persona got offended that the Kazekage didn't recognize her. Fortunately, her logical side just concluded that she either didn't see her or was lost in thought. Tsubaki slowly grew closer to Mizu as she ordered her drink- the oldest bottle of Hoshi rum. "Well, I gotta say I wasn't expecting you here tonight," Tsubaki announced herself loud enough for Mizu to hear above the music but still private enough for just the two of them. "I assume the pretty boy is back in town too then," Tsubaki referred to Ayato. He had set her back ahead of her to finish up some work after the Kage summit was finished. Mizu might not who or what she was talking about- or still not even recognize her.  "I'm Tsubaki Senju. I was the Hogokage's aid at the Kage summit," Tsubaki reintroduced herself, leaning her back into the bar counter. "I hope you're enjoying it in Hoshi so far. If you plan to stay longer, you'll get to see how much these religious folk party."

Tsubaki was too distracted from the Kazekage's presence to notice any suspicious activity- like two underage boys attempting to get into the bar by any means they could. 

WC: 565
TWC: 928
Gonk
Gonk
Citizen
Survived 2021
Stat Page : Sharky Boi
Remove Taijutsu Bukijutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 151400

Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:56 pm
Gonk walked through the streets of Hoshigakure with his friend Kita, and their monkeys: Momo and Bobo. As they roamed the city, Kita discovered a flyer for a party. After hearing Kita read it out Gonk smiled.
“I’m in,” he said grinning. “What about you Momo, want a drink?”
“Hell yeah!” Momo cried out. “What are we waiting for, let's go!” 
“Oh lighten up Bobo,” Gonk said when both he and Kita finished talking. “It’s not like a little bit of alcohol will kill us. Besides, we should celebrate making it through the first round of the exams.”
Gonk then followed Kita to the bar, gazing at the party inside. He ignored Bobo’s complaining, not really sure what was with him. Gonk then watched Kita create two clones, then transformed to look older, and started to grasp the plan. As Kita explained his idea, Gonk nodded and created two shadow clones himself, then transformed to take the appearance of a young man. He now had normal fair skin, with blue eyes and fairly short blond hair. Gonk retained his toned muscles but decided to make himself roughly six feet tall. Gonk also transformed his clothes to a loose blue shirt and grey pants. Satisfied that he was unrecognizable, Gonk suppressed his chakra signature so it would be undetectable to anybody not actively looking. Realizing that bringing monkey’s into the bar would probably be suspicious, Gonk turned to Momo and Bobo.
“If you guys are coming you should probably transform into humans as well.”
“What do you mean 'if', of course I’m coming!” Momo said as he transformed into a human roughly the same age as Gonk and Kita’s transformation. Momo’s human look was around 5’8, with long brown hair and a long beard. He wasn’t quite as muscular as Gonk or Kita, but he was by no means scrawny. Grinning, Gonk turned to Kita and asked “You ready to get this started?”  
[WC=322]
Pageboy
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Default

Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:50 pm
Page looked to his animal companion before entering the bar, he heard of free drinks and free food and being as big a fan of booze and grub as he was, he could not prevent himself from taking a little self care time in between his training with Raleth for the exams proper. Having spent all his brain power earlier in the day on the written portion of the exam, the former farmer was glad to take the night off and hit the bar. "Alright Sheffield, I know you want to get in there for all that food but its got a no animals policy, and while you might be a shinobi yourself, I'm not sure you can be let in. I'll see if I can slip some of the food out for you." Sheffield would respond with a bit of a whimper, but understanding would sit outside of the bar, prepared for any sort of problems that would happen inside if his owner needed help. Slapping his face on either cheek, Page psyched himself up and entered the Bloody Unicorn.

Stepping in and moving with the music, Page made a bee line for the bar tender, asking them, "These drinks are free right? You mind getting me a bottle of something, preferably a clear liquor of some sort? I feel like you typically know your tolerance the most." The big man Shimo pulling out a fifth of Gin and a shot glass, Page pouring out one shot putting it to his side and proceeding to try and chug the whole bottle. He made it to about two thirds the way down before starting to look around the bar, catching eyes with Mizu as she was taking a drink of rum. Page immediately let out a bit of a spit take while diving his head the other way, losing about a shots worth as he set the bottle down and tried not to make a scene, ducking his head and covering it with his arm as not to look like an absolute drunkard in front of the Kazekage. As he tried to hide his shame he looked for a way out of being caught, bringing the bottle deep to his chest as he took another swig and let his eyes wander around the bar, prospering his last moments of sobriety before it would all kick in. 

Page looked over towards the dance floor, saw some hubbub being raised about a dog being a dancing partner before a large puff of smoke appeared, it made him glad to have not brought Sheffield inside, he knew once that dog found food, there was no separating him and his exit would be a lot less graceful than a puff of smoke. Over near the entrance he saw some fellow genin, much younger ones, trying to make their way in for the night of partying, people he figured he should probably stick away from unless he wanted to get mixed up in whatever trouble they found themselves in. Looking over back to the kage, he saw a woman talking with her, and hoped the attention had been shifted away from him enough for him to finish the fifth and conclude most of his drinking for the night. He kept the shot of Gin out to offer in case anyone came to talk with him but he mostly tried to keep a low profile until his extroverted tendencies were enhanced by the liquid courage.

WC: 579
Sorry if any of this in incoherent, I really got into character with this one, RIP fifth-y, you served me well.
Yuuma Fujiwara
Yuuma Fujiwara
Citizen
Remove Iryōjutsu Fūinjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Ryo : 116770

Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:11 pm
The first round of the exam had concluded, but the stress Yuuma was feeling was not about his performance in the written portion of the examination. Walking down the streets of Hoshi, a flyer in his hands occupied the majority of the Genin’s attention while anything that remained was utilized to make sure he didn’t run into something or someone as he walked. “Need a boost? Got 20k? Come see my wares!”. A four-fold flyer he had found, and whispers that ninja had begun dealing in the wares of human remains. The thought alone was upsetting, but having found a business flyer for not one but TWO different businesses offering something similar was enough to make the young shinobi feel rather ill. He couldn’t bring his gaze to lift upwards to the citizens that he passed by, feeling the weight of their gaze exponentially more so than usual. This was not just a simple step backward. This was a pair of bounding steps followed by a catapulting leap opposing the direction of progress. “You have been starring at that page for the better part of an hour now. I sometimes wish your studies engrossed you as much as your grievance.” Archimedes had joined up with Yuuma after the written portion of the exam and now sat perched on the boy’s shoulder. An attempt at humor to pull his bipedal companion out of the stupor he found himself slowly slipping into. “This is but an infraction. Certainly the authorities will do something about it if they feel it serious enough.”

Yuuma would sigh, letting his hand fall to his side and taking the flying with it as he hung his head. “I know,” he started, the hand holding the paper folding it back into its smaller square shape along the folds. “I am certain the Hogokage will have something to say about it.” Despite the assertion, the sentiment was about as hollow as the words he used to speak it. Yuuma didn’t lack faith in the Kage to rule as a leader of the ninja, but his experience thus far with the leadership of Hoshigakure had left him with no small amount of skepticism to their goals. Valen had proven as much to him when he chose to turn on the village, holding it at knifepoint. “If even the one chosen to be a leader can succumb to selfish desire, is it only a matter of time before this Ayato Hyuuga does the same?” The thought was kept closed in his mind, filed away as yet another doubt to be harbored that the ones at the top have perhaps lost sight of what the bottom of the mountain looks like. “You are right, as always.” Yuuma would lift his chin and glance up to his feathered companion, tucking the piece of folded paper away in his robes. His robes had loose sleeves that allowed his hands a place to rest in warmth at his waist, the side-opening front of the robe draping across his chest and splitting just over his right leg, revealing a set of medical remedies and a weapon pouch. Hanging from his waist was his headband, kept in an immaculate condition such as to shine even in the hints of the waning street light as the evening pulled across the sky in its typical sluggish manner.

His thoughts were pulled aside by a rather loud racket from inside a building. A sign leaned against the front of the establishment labeled to be the Bloody Unicorn. Yuuma had heard of this place before, though rarely did he find himself in a position to have a drink. Perhaps tonight would be a pleasant exception. His steps would come to a slowing halt as he paused just past the entrance to the bar. It sure did sound like people were having fun in there, and the sign advertised a celebration of the Chuunin exams. Celebration. Maybe a bit of joy was what he needed to surround himself with. “I know you don’t usually care for being social, Archimedes, but I think I’m going to find some people having fun and take your advice. Care to join me?”

The owl would ruffle some, his head swiveling back to take in the sounds of the bar with that radar dish of a face that his kind was known for. Expressions didn’t come easy to the bird, but Yuuma would catch no small measure of reluctance in his tone. “I suppose one night couldn’t hurt. Besides, this will give me a good opportunity to observe the differences in you village ninja. Perhaps some rationality behind your divergence will emerge.” Without further elaboration, the owl would poof into a puff of smoke before emerging from the cloud as a rather lengthy scarf that nestled around Yuuma’s shoulder sporting a pattern that looked like the imprint of brown and tan feathers along with a white background, frilled edges looking soft and quill-like. Adjusting the new accessory around his neck, Yuuma would turn and make pace for the door. He’d be passing just behind a rather sizable group that all seemed just about the same age, though he didn’t recognize any of them. They must not have been other exam attendants, as Yuuma was pretty sure he was the oldest person in the room when the exam had happened. Waiting patiently, he would nod pleasantly to any of the group that happened to catch his eye though would otherwise fold his hands at his waist and allow for time to shuffle the lot of them forward and into the bar.

Once inside, Yuuma became aware of just what had been taking so long. The place was not only packed, but a fair group had carved out space in the center where they were displaying their various skills and abilities- had he walked in on some sort of “fight night” situation? Just as concern was beginning to brew, Yuuma would realize that these sloppily executed techniques and overly dramatic poses were part of something far different. “Ah. Dancing.” Yuuma said, his smile widening as he observed for a short time. This was...nice. People were having fun. Symbols on headbands seemed to be the least of anyone’s concerns. Scanning over the participants, he would spot a few he recognized as locals, and a few others he had helped through the gate at the front. Catching eyes with any of them would garner a pleasant smile and a wave of greeting from across the crowded space, though after some time, Yuuma would excuse himself to begin pushing through the outskirts of the crowd and making his way to the bar, having missed the little scene with a summon being called and then vanishing; it seemed everyone was eager to focus on their dance “moves” once again.

Wrapped boots approached the bar, the sounds of footsteps never making it past the knees of those providing a steady overture of chatter, laughing, grumbling, and general merriment. The place held with it a certain sort of energy that Yuuma wished to soak himself in, hoping it would better his mood and aid him in forgetting the ramifications he’d surely face for other people wanting to make a quick and dirty stack of Ryo. Page’s inconspicuous behaviors caused Yuuma’s gaze to pass over him completely, missing sight of the foreign farmer as he sought out a space at the bar. With the majority of the crowd having gathered to either observe or participate in the dancing, Yuuma was thankful to have found any spot at all. A pair of women spoke in the spots next to the one he intended, both of them carrying long, dark hair and attire that one might courageously describe as “daring”.

One of them wore a Hoshigakure headband, though Yuuma didn’t recognize her. Likely one of the more senior ranking members, though it was best she show respect either way. The woman that was sitting at the bar had a band tied around her thigh, though Yuuma could get a good look at the symbol without making something of a spectacle of himself doing so. Best avoid that sort of misunderstanding. Finding a moment to pull the attention of either of the ladies, he would offer an apologetic smile and lean in to speak over the noise of the bar. “Pardon me, is this seat being used?” He’d ask, motioning to the empty seat next to the woman at the bar. Presuming he received an answer, Yuuma would either utilize the unoccupied chair or simply resort to standing at a clear section of the bar. Settling into his position, he’d withdraw the folded piece of paper from his robe and plopped it on the bar before him with a soft sigh. Despite his earlier intrusion, Yuuma would no appear to be intent on barging into the conversation being had between the two women and instead would prop up his head in one hand as he looked down past the scarf just under his nose at the piece of folded paper until the tender stepped up to him. “Ah, good evening.” He smiled pleasantly. “A Docket and an order of udon with an egg, please.” The tender, seeming to comprehend the requested items, would simply nod and turn to begin getting the order filled.

WC - 1,554
Mizuki Ohta
Mizuki Ohta
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Survived 2021
Stat Page : Mizuki Ohta
Mission Record : Mizu's Log
Remove Remove Remove Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Medical
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 330650

Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:33 pm
The commotion coming from the dance floor at her back was amusing enough to simply listen to - the shouts and laughter brought a smile to her lips as she drained the remaining drink in her cup. How long had it been since she just sat in a bar without the hushed mood that always followed her around - respectful as those in her village tried to be; they often forget that she was still young. It was damn near therapeutic to be in this much noise and chaos, Suna nin walked on eggshells around her; where once they would shout and demand she accompany them to drink the night away she now heard formal greetings and polite isolation. Being the Kazekage was… lonely. Leaning forward she would set her chin on her right hand that was propped up on the bar and close her eyes to focus on the noise and the symphony of heartbeats - when one in particular came sidling up close enough to be easily singled out… and a familiar scent of sweet perfume and warm earth after a heavy rain. Had she been so focused on getting to the bar without recognition she had bypassed the notice of one of the few who could identify her? 

Shit… "Well, I gotta say I wasn't expecting you here tonight," 

Slowly opening her eyes she would refill the glass she had just been drinking from before setting it in front of the woman who leaned close enough to keep their words private. Deep blue eyes framed with thick curled black hair was in stark contrast to Mizu’s deep red and violet eyes that were framed with slightly wavy hair and bangs. A sweet smile would form over her lips before scrunching her nose playfully at the girl, “And I wasn’t here at all.” Raising her eyebrow in a sly manner she gave a small laugh and took a swig straight from the bottle. “Oh yes, this lands most eligible bachelor was returned safe and sound just this morning. Your concern is sweet … Tsubaki, please call me Mizu.”  Turning to look around again as more people filtered in she was granted an all too familiar sound - the voice of Page. He hadn’t noticed her just yet but she was watching him with interest - as he began to drink she too took a swig from her bottle, eyes locked on him with a mischievous glint. The spit take was worth every second of waiting, shaking her head she would nudge Tsubaki with her elbow and whispering low, “Seems this night is full of surprises, watch this…”, clearing her voice she would call out loud enough to be heard by her shinobi who was desperately trying to avoid her attention, “That much spilled Gin is a sin, take penance by sharing some of what's survived with some terribly parched women won’t you, sir?”

Pausing for a moment in her words she would sense a pair of heartbeats enter the bar with no chakra signature attached to them, turning in her seat to more adequately face Tsubaki she would cast her eyes around the room before targeting the ‘blacked out’ young men who moving through the crowd. One had longer dark hair and wore a simple dark shirt and pants while the other had short blonde hair and wore similar clothes in blue and grey - and the two were accompanied by another man with long brown hair and a beard. The group held her attention that the commotion at the door was of no mind to her.

Biting the inside of her cheek she watched for a few moments longer before being brought back to attention by one more set of heartbeats and voice that was as unfamiliar … with a scent that was. Turning she would meet eyes with a single shinobi - dressed in loose robes and a curiously colored scarf draped over his shoulders in a pattern of brown and tan feathers set on white. She clearly heard two heartbeats and yet saw only one being… curious. The moment she had turned though her expression would melt into a playful smile, “Of course it’s being used, by you, what took you so long?” She would give him a sideways glance as Page made his way over from his poor attempt at escape. “Tsubaki! Let me introduce you to Page, he's from Suna as I am, us Jonin gotta keep our genin in line don’t we?”, tilting her head slightly to the side she would give Page a prolonged look that clearly said ‘not a word about who I am’, turning once more to the stranger at her right she would continue speaking, “And this mellow tempered man on my right is…”, her voice would trail off as she leaned in closer to him, her eyes narrowing as she stared into his before glancing down to the scarf once more - waiting for a response. 

She would pull away to answer anything anyone else said to her - all while checking in on the curious group of men with quick glances, debating how best to approach them.

WC 852
Kita Hajime
Kita Hajime
Citizen
Survived 2021
Clan Specialty : N/A

Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:40 am
Bobo shook his head in disapproval and bit his bottom lip. He stood there for a bit, pondering the matter before giving an answer.

"I'm not going in. I won't stop you kid, but don't do anything stupid okay?"

Kita scoffed, and when he spoke again he did so in a far deeper, more masculine voice.

"Suit yourself. Don't come crying to me when we come back after a fun night on the town and you ended up missing out because you're spooked about the 'no pets allowed' sign."

A look of hurt began to spread across Bobo's face, and Kita felt a slight twinge of regret. He hadn't meant to offend him, but it was too late to take it back. Before Kita could apologize, Bobo was leaving and grumbling about something under his breath. Kita's face twisted into one that displayed a hint of how sorry he was, but it quickly faded away. No need to let a stick in the mud ruin his night. Kita motioned to his to clones, which both nodded and approached the bar. One of them decided to use the Hiding With Camouflage jutsu in tandem with Kita's mastery of the "Silent Killing" ability. He would have to thank Murata for that one later. The next clone went a different route, using the standard clone technique in tandem with Kita's chakra supression abilities, creating four extra copies for the guards to chase. They did their best to simulate an attempt to break in, quickly drawing the attention of several shinobi who were keeping watch of the bar to keep out the Genin. Kita grinned as they went on a goose chase. Most of the shinobi went after the visible clones, but those with sensory abilities seemed to be trying to track down Kita's little invisible buddy. Soon, there was enough of an opening to where the two shinobi could get in. Kita turned to Gonk, smile still evident on his face.

"We're good. After you my good man."

Kita dropped to the ground below and quickly moved through the gap that had opened. They wouldn't have long, so this was their one opportunity. Kita slipped through the line of shinobi wishing to enter into the bar, causing many of them to cry out at this injustice, sending numerous accusations of cutting his way. They weren't WRONG, but Kita wasn't exactly in the mood to humor them. He slipped through the door along with another young man from Kumogakure, taking care to let him lead the way. There was a check-in desk, designed to make sure that those getting in were of age and shinobi. The man approached the desk where the receptionist was sitting. They sat turned around, pawing around for something behind themself. This was the opportunity. As the young man called their attention and they swiveled around, Kita took the opportunity to use his Silent Killing ability to mask his presence, taking care to move parallel with the back of their head into the bar. With a smile, Kita slipped through the door into the party. First part of the plan, success.

Smirking like a fool, Kita attempted to walk into the bar as he thought someone particularly cool or interesting might, remembering a certain move he had seen someone use in an old movie. At the time it had seemed so cool, so fluid. Kita brought his hands up to the shoulders of his shirt and pinched the fabric, before raising it up rapidly and then letting it fall. 'Popping your collar' as Kita believed it was called. Yet his entrance hadn't turned heads like he thought it would. Those few shinobi that HAD seen his entrance laughed at him, causing Kita a degree of embarrassment. The movie WAS horribly outdated, and it didn't seem nearly as cool in real life...

With flushed cheeks and racing heartbeat, Kita trudged over to the bar and took an empty seat, looking up at the burly bartender while looking simultaneously incredibly sheepish and trying to salvage his look.

"One thing of alcohol please! Beer, Wine, Sake, I'll take whatever you've got. Just make it strong!"

With the gruff grunt of someone who isn't paid enough to deal with people like Kita, he would hold up a finger to the disguised boy to tell him to hold on, before going off to help other, nicer customers, leaving Kita sitting awkwardly alone.

Kita's Collar Pop:

Word Count - 737

Total Word Count - 1838
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum