Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Lord Paramounts Of The TridentYesterday at 10:00 pmMarabelle BlossomA toughtfull momentYesterday at 9:59 pmMarabelle BlossomDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 9:59 pmMarabelle BlossomThe Fury Meets A FurryYesterday at 1:09 pmIchigo SatoFar Away Tue May 07, 2024 8:56 pmMegami KuogaDoing Your Part (Mission Thread Pt. 1)Tue May 07, 2024 8:18 pmXena UchihaMy Immortal Tue May 07, 2024 7:02 pmDante HyugaDesert BloomsTue May 07, 2024 4:15 pmShogo FreyaRaiden Chills (Open)Tue May 07, 2024 1:51 pmMizuki OhtaAqueous Transmission Tue May 07, 2024 1:51 pmDante Hyuga
Top posting users this month
24 Posts - 32%
17 Posts - 22%
10 Posts - 13%
8 Posts - 11%
4 Posts - 5%
4 Posts - 5%
3 Posts - 4%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Okabe Shukai
Citizen
Stat Page : Soon
Remove Bukijutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Weaponry
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 500

A Little Mischief Never Hurt Nobody (P, NK) Empty A Little Mischief Never Hurt Nobody (P, NK)

Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:12 pm
The sun was glaring down on the village of Hoshi especially hard this day and just about everyone in town was either inside or sweating like pigs. Okabe was one of the latter and was none too happy about it. He was walking home from an early morning mission, though it was practically exaggerating to call that job a mission. Him and a couple of the other rookies were sent around town to make sure all of the temples and shelters had fresh water. The tall teenager couldnt manage to muster any enthusiasm for carrying around heavy cases in the sun all day, but a gig is a gig and a beggar cant really be choosy about where his money comes from. He was thankful that at least someone was willing to pay him. Okabe knew all that, but in this particular heat he wasnt thinking about being thankful. He was pissed and hot with no outlet for that anger.

"Aaaagh why does it have to be so damn hot all the time?! Who sticks a village between a jungle and a desert?" He would shout into the air with his hands in his pockets. He was only wearing a pair of white sweatpants and a black tank top and yet he felt like his skin was melting. He needed something to do to blow off steam and at times like this the black haired teen would retreat back to his little hideaway and think of some kind of hell to raise.

Ever since he was a kid on the streets running with local hood rats there was only one place Okabe ever really thought of as home, the old gang had dubbed it "The Hole". A great name for an admittedly underwhelming headquarters. In truth all it consisted of was a literal hole in a brick wall that opened into a little bricked off alleyway. It was small, maybe only 20×10, but it was quiet and best of all private. With nobody left in the old gang Okabe would hang out alone in the Hole and use it as his personal escape from all the village people.

Once inside his little hideout the young shinobi would look around for his tools of the trade. He had everything a prankster could need to cause a little mayhem: rolls of toilet paper, rotten eggs, spray paint, firecrackers, etc. The real issue was what he was in the mood for this day. Thinking about it would only serve to piss him off more so the Shukai decided to close his eyes and just grab something at random only looking down to see what it was after he left through the hole in the wall. A can of blue spray paint in hand he began walking down the road casually looking for a perfect canvas to vent his frustrations on.

He walked for almost an hour, not seeing anything worth his time, when he walked by a familiar building. The ninja academy. Almost poetic, a recent graduate of the place should come back and visit from time to time after all. A crooked grin creeping up the boy's face he began shaking his can and sauntering confidently towards the building. He walked over to the back and found a nice section of bricks to work on.

He immediately went to work spraying out his personal tag, just a round face with its tongue out and one eye X'd out. Should be quick if he werent making it so large. It wouldnt be fun if he finished in only a minute.

(WC 597)
Akaboshi
Akaboshi
Nova Captain
Nova Captain
Stat Page : Stats
Genjutsu Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Ryo : 607500

A Little Mischief Never Hurt Nobody (P, NK) Empty Re: A Little Mischief Never Hurt Nobody (P, NK)

Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:42 am
A while ago did he promise to pay a visit to the Academy, it was back when Akaboshi met a kunoichi from Hoshigakure going by the name of Shiva Hyuuga. Although the woman held the rank of Jounin, she explained her position to be that of a teacher. After taking her leave the female shinobi invited the red haired Uzumaki to drop by the Academy whenever time would allow it. And today was that day. Which is why the redhead could be found wandering through the halls of the school he used to attend back when he was still a little kid. Dressed in his usual attire, the Uzumaki was wearing his Chuunin Flak Jacket, easy to recognize.

Once Akaboshi was done and had finished up greeting everyone he decided it was time to continue with the day. As he exited the building the redhead noticed an interesting individual passing by, making his way to the back of the building. The Chuunin wasn't all too sure but for some reason he thought he could spot a smile which meant someone was up to no good. So he did what every responsible adult would do and silently followed the young man. Tiptoeing on his way over, quietly and carefully avoiding to make any noise, Akaboshi kept watch on whatever it was the strange fellow was doing. From a safe distance the red haired Uzumaki noticed what looked to be a can of blue spray paint, so it wasn't that hard to figure out what was going on. He would allow the youngster to have his little moment of mischief before stepping in, avoiding things to escalate. "Ahum" he would draw the prankster's attention before speaking up again. "I didn't know our village had these type of artists around." With nowhere to go and the only way out was to get past the Uzumaki, the young kid had no other choice than to explain himself.

(WC: 323)
Okabe Shukai
Citizen

A Little Mischief Never Hurt Nobody (P, NK) Empty Re: A Little Mischief Never Hurt Nobody (P, NK)

Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:13 pm
Okabe heard someone clearing their throat behind him while he worked on his tagging of the academy and cocked his head to the side to see who it was that interrupted him. A shinobi with stylish red hair stood watching and blocking the path back to the road. Okabe looked the man up and down and shrugged. He figured he'd catch an ear full either way so he might as well finish what he started.

"Big village. Lots of people." He would mutter as he returned to putting the finishing touches on his spray painting. He would stand up and toss the now empty can over his shoulder letting it clink loudly on the ground.

Spinning on his heels he would face Akaboshi and laugh, "whatcha think? Definitely an improvement if you ask me." He would say it with a devilish grin plastered on his face. His mind was no longer on the heat and instead he was thinking about ways to mess with this stranger.

(Wc 166)
(Twc 763)
Akaboshi
Akaboshi
Nova Captain
Nova Captain

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:03 pm
Akaboshi would allow the kid to come up with some form of excuse, or even just a reply depending on how he decided to handle the situation. "You might want to pick that up" he referred to the empty can of blue spray paint being tossed away. The red haired Uzumaki would reach into his side pocket for a cigarette before lighting it up. Blowing the smoke in the direction of the prankster after inhaling deeply, the Chuunin would take his time to scan the individual standing in front of him. He held out his pack of cigarettes as he let out his voice once more. "Want one? Nah, better not. You might try and burn the school down." Taking a drag while holding his smoke between his fingers the redhead took a moment to judge the end result of whatever the piece of art was supposed to be before exhaling again. "I'll give it an A for effort." Finishing up his cigarette he threw it down to the ground, using the bottom of his shoe to put it out completely.

Placing his hands in his pockets Akaboshi would look the kid straight in the eye. "I hope you can do more than just spray some paint, but I'm sure that's all you're interested in." The Uzumaki didn't feel like teaching him a lesson, rather than giving him an earful he decided to find out if there was more to him than just pulling pranks. Perhaps the kid was simply a lost soul and who better to save him than the Red King?

(WC: 263, TWC: 586)
Okabe Shukai
Citizen

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:48 pm
Okabe laughed and picked his can back up, stuffing it into his sweatpants pocket. "Oh sure gotta keep the grounds clean and all. My mistake," He would say sarcastically. He wouldnt even move when Akaboshi held out his pack of cigarettes. "I dont smoke anyways. Dont pick up habits you cant afford and all that."

He leaned up on the bricks next to his work with a smirk while the chuunin looked it over. First time anyone other than his old crew even gave him the time of day. He even smiled a little at the redhead's snarky remark. He would take anything even resembling a compliment. As much as he was putting on a tough front he really didnt have a problem with this stranger. The man wasn't yelling or chasing him away so that was already better than he was used to.

"Yeah I do more than just paint. I'm a ninja like you after all. Gotta have some broad talents in our line of work," the black haired teen would squat down as he talked and look up at the man in front of him. "What about you? You do anything for fun besides smoke and look pretty?" He would say trying to sound witty.

(WC 208)
(TWC 971)
Akaboshi
Akaboshi
Nova Captain
Nova Captain

Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:33 pm
Fun? Akaboshi was slightly caught by surprise when asked what he'd do for fun. "Hm, I won't bore you with the details but I've learned to carefully pick my moments where I can relax a bit." The red haired Uzumaki still had trouble forgetting about the past and how he wanted to rectify some of the mistakes even if they weren't his own. He took a moment to ponder, trying to come up with a suitable answer. "I have a couple of close friends I like to spend my time with. Just being around each other, sometimes that's all you need. And oh, looking pretty is a full time job" he replied with a wink as only the cool guys do.

He would then walk over to the closest wall nearby as he placed his back against the brick construct, leaning against it. "So you're a ninja, but do you feel like one as well? If someone were to ask: who are you, what would you say? What would be the first thing coming to mind? Shinobi, or prankster?" It wasn't for everyone, Akaboshi knew that. People had dreams and for some being a ninja wasn't it. Of course there was nothing wrong with it, and the kid was still young so perhaps he was still figuring out the path he wanted to take. "Alright, why don't you tell me something about yourself? I'm Akaboshi Uzumaki, Chuunin of Hoshigakure." It would only be fair giving his own before inquiring about another.

(WC: 251, TWC: 837)
Okabe Shukai
Citizen

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:46 pm
Okabe giggled a little at the red head's answer. If you don't have things you enjoy in life then what's the point? Friends were always good to have, but they weren't always good about sticking around. The man's question for him actually made the teen think however.

"I dont know how ninja-y I feel catching lost pets and digging up weeds, but it's a job." He would say brushing his long hair away from his face. "I'm just who I am, I don't let my work or pranks define me. My parents made that mistake but all that pride still couldnt put food on the table."

He wasnt sure why he was opening up about personal things to this dude but Okabe never really was shy with his words. At first he was hesitant to give his name, he was breaking the law just moments ago, but he wasn't too worried about Akaboshi reporting him at this point. He would return the favor and introduce himself.

"Names Okabe Shukai. If you insist on a title then it would be genin of Hoshigakure." He would pause a moment and then turn his head towards the Uzamaki and ask, "Your a chuunin, do you feel like a real ninja?" With the exams coming up it was a job he was gunning for but he wasn't sure how different it would be than what he was already doing.

(WC 235)
(TWC 1206)
Akaboshi
Akaboshi
Nova Captain
Nova Captain

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:40 pm
Hm, the kid in front of him referring to being a shinobi as a job, interesting. Akaboshi could hardly ask others to feel the same pride from being a Hoshigakure shinobi like he did, the only thing he could hope for was that the boy's feelings on that matter would come to change over time. "Good, good. The only one who can tell you who you are is no one else but you." Just as he thought, the young man in front of him would introduce himself as a genin of Hoshigakure, going by the name of Okabe Shukai. It was a nice change of pace, usually the red haired Uzumaki would come across a Hyuuga so in its own way it was amusing this time it was someone else.

The Chuunin then listened to Okabe's question before he'd come up with an answer. "What's a real ninja? One who runs around wearing nothing but black, mask over his face while throwing some shuriken?" He had to smile at his own remark for a moment before he'd continue. "I don't care about ranks, titles. I care about respect. Whether you're a genin, chuunin, jounin, even the Kage. As long as you're willing to protect the village and its people, THAT is a real ninja in my book." Loyal as he was, the redhead knew all too well not everyone shared the same view he did. But at the end of the day all that mattered was who'd be standing ready to give their lives for Hoshigakure. "So yes, I feel like a real ninja." Would his speech inspire Okabe? Perhaps. Or it sounded lame and the kid had even less motivation to see being a shinobi as more than a job.

(WC: 291, TWC: 1128)
Okabe Shukai
Citizen

Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:52 am
The redhead asked Okabe what he thought a real shinobi was like. It wasnt something that he had really thought about before. What was a shinobi supposed to do other than take orders? Akaboshi seemed to take great pride in what he did but Okabe was unsure why that was. The job was dangerous, often times tedious, and certainly not a well respected career to the locals of Hoshi.

His own parents were proud Queensguard members and he remembered the way they scoffed at the shinobi who began working before the civil war. They saw them as crude and dishonorable, choosing to work in the shadows and remain unseen. Okabe was too young to see the war coming, but he knew there was hate between the two groups. Now that the guard was gone and the shinobi were all that was left one would think the people would start to warm up to the presence of ninjas.

Okabe never cared one way or the other and didn't hold his parents deaths against anyone but themselves. Choosing to become a shinobi didn't hold some deeper meaning to him, but he couldnt help feeling like it should. Ninjas killed his parents and tore apart his country. With a headband on his hip he constantly caught glares from members of the clergy. It was an odd situation to dedicate ones self to protecting people who would rather see them gone.

"I don't know what I think a real shinobi should be like. I just know that now that I've got the gig, I'm gonna find out the answer eventually." He would say pulling himself off the wall. "Maybe a ninja is better off thinking like me. If it's just a job you're less likely to get hurt."

(WC 294)
(TWC 1500)
Akaboshi
Akaboshi
Nova Captain
Nova Captain

Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:30 pm
The red haired Uzumaki would allow the young kid some time to ponder about the more philosophical side of things that Akaboshi said. Perhaps these kind of matters were a lot to take in for someone his age but regardless at a certain point in life you would be confronted with something like that whether you were prepared or not. Which is why the Chuunin figured it wouldn't hurt if Okabe had to think about it now when sooner or later he had to deal with it anyway. The only question remaining was how the little mischief would handle a situation unbeknownst to him.

Akaboshi listened attentively as the kid started to speak up. "Practice makes perfect. As long as you keep moving forward." The next thing Okabe said made the red haired Uzumaki raise an eyebrow when he heard him say it. He tried to put himself in the kid's shoes, see his point of view to try and understand his train of thoughts. For Okabe being a ninja was probably just a way to earn some money while trying to avoid any danger and while there was nothing wrong with it there would also be the other side of the coin when it came to that certain way of thinking. 

"I can see where you're coming from, but what if you look at it this way? What if because considering it just as a job you take it less serious, lose focus or concentration, pay less attention and get hurt in the process? Would you still be able to see it as just a job?"

(WC: 267, TWC: 1395)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum