Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Shiru Iyasu Mission RecordToday at 2:16 amShiru IyasuTea with Youta, Z, and Dante Yesterday at 9:13 pmYouta ShinkouIlluminate the UmbraYesterday at 8:32 pmShiro Hyuga1,2, 3....Yesterday at 8:30 pmYouta ShinkouBrutalityYesterday at 8:29 pmShiro HyugaThe Culling Games: Ninth MatchYesterday at 5:30 pmAyato HyuugaThe Culling Games: The FinalSun May 05, 2024 8:50 pmHimari HyuugaMy Immortal Sun May 05, 2024 6:02 pmTalon TauMerchant MonsterSun May 05, 2024 5:58 pmHebiishi OrochiDoctor DaysSun May 05, 2024 4:09 amJunko Tsukiko
Top posting users this month
24 Posts - 39%
9 Posts - 15%
8 Posts - 13%
6 Posts - 10%
4 Posts - 7%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Sebastian Loghain
Sebastian Loghain
Citizen
Stat Page : Loghain's Stats
Remove Taijutsu Iryōjutsu Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Sensory
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 0

Day One Empty Day One

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:20 pm
It wouldn’t be long before news of his rank made its way to his family. They were all proud, but both Yoshimi and his kin knew that he was not trained well enough for the weight that was now placed on his shoulders. Chuunin were a step above Genin, and as such they have far more responsibilities, one of which is the leading of Genin teams. While competent, he felt that if he was going to lead others into battle it would be best if he first made sure that he was strong enough to pull them out of a bad situation. Many missions were simple tasks, but there have been a rise in the activities of various criminal ninja. The Hyuuga would enjoy his morning meal with his family before the day truly began. It was a simply meal consisting of two eggs cooked over easy, four slices of wheat toast with a light spreading of butter, and a glass of milk. A good start to what he had hoped would be a good day.

Yoshimi finish his meal and grab his gear, making sure that he didn’t forget anything before making his way to the training grounds. While it was far easier to get practice in with others, he didn’t mind training alone if there were not enough shinobi in the training grounds. Their forces were spread thin, as they simply did not seem to have the numbers they once did. With his vest on and his back slung over his back he would scan the area, not with his Byakugan but with just a normal search. While he could use the Byakugan, he didn’t want to grow too dependent on it as those that rely too heavily on their natural gifts tend to fail to rise to greatness. Yoshimi had no desire to walk this shinobi path with a crutch.

He would begin warming up with some simply movements, similar to that which one might see with a practitioner of tai chi. Yoshimi was no martial artist, but he was still a hyuuga all the same. Certain movements and practices were deeply ingrained into his kin and who he was. The movements were nimble and flowing, one into the next almost instinctively. The grace of his movement was almost unheard of.

If left to his training alone, he would begin practicing various maneuvers of a weapon master.

WC: 400
Akaboshi
Akaboshi
Nova Captain
Nova Captain
Stat Page : Stats
Genjutsu Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Ryo : 607500

Day One Empty Re: Day One

Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:49 pm
The streets of Hoshigakure were empty and quiet, but not for long. The silence would be broken by the sound of Akaboshi's matches creating the small spark of fire needed to light up his cigarette. Soon smoke would start to fill the area he was walking in. One might confuse it with the morning mist as it was rather early in the day when the Uzumaki had found himself outside making his rounds. Wearing his usual outfit which consisted of a black, leather jacket with a fur collar and a white V-neck underneath complemented by dark blue, denim jeans held up by a simple brown belt with a silver chain attached from the belt to his back pocket, additionally with black shoes to top off the rest of his outfit.

The last couple of days the red haired Uzumaki had run into a couple of interesting people. The first was his long lost friend of the Queensguard and the other was a young teenage boy looking for advice on his training. So it was safe to say that the Chuunin got rather busy lately. Not that he would mind, it would help him get back into things. It made him wonder where it would take him. Would he make for a good team captain? Would he be able to take on his own Genin squad and act like a proper leader? During his time at the organization he got commended for his leadership so maybe it was time he started thinking about it. After all, he was a Chuunin now and with his rank came also a lot of responsibilities. 

Akaboshi was making his way over to the Water Gardens where he ran into Reminisce earlier this week. With a bit of luck he might encounter someone or something interesting this time as well. In any case it would spice things up since those rounds of his could get quite boring after a while. It seemed although the Gods had heard his request as he was able to spot someone training not too far from him. As he was walking closer to the direction of the individual Akaboshi noticed a familiar face, someone he recognized from during his time at the organization. The red haired Uzumaki would slowly approach the other shinobi, careful not to make a sound. Once he got close enough he would let out his voice. "Nice dance moves." 

(WC: 402)
Sebastian Loghain
Sebastian Loghain
Citizen

Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:50 am
Yoshimi was simply practicing, one movement into the next while warming up to start his day when a familiar voice would make its way to the new Chuunin, forcing his focus to shift to where the sound came from but still continuing his motions while now addressing an old friend with a completely serious expression, “You and I both know that these are no mere dance moves, though it pleases me to know that both you AND your fiery fox of a mother like the way I move.” Yoshimi would break the serious expression, cracking a smile at his own joke before ending his warm up and moving over to meet his compatriot.

Yoshimi would be wearing his Chuunin vest over his white and green garments underneath. His helm would be sitting atop his head, mane flowing down. The young Hyuuga would step forward towards Akaboshi, his hand extended to greet the man. “I had heard that you were doing quite well for yourself. Considering both your capabilities in combat as well as your ability to lead a team I never doubted your success.” If the hand was met with the Uzumaki’s the Hyuuga would grip the wrist of his friend and lean in for a quick -but totally manly!- embrace.

After their discussion about Akaboshi and how well he was doing with his position and status in the village, Yoshimi would shift the conversation. “What brings you out here, Akaboshi? Are you in need of another training session in hand to hand combat?” While this may have been no surprise, but the Hyuuga was a bit more gifted in the martial studies than his comrade had been. It was simply ingrained into who he was.

WC: 286
Akaboshi
Akaboshi
Nova Captain
Nova Captain

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:07 pm
"I'm glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor" he would respond to the joke of his former comrade. Akaboshi remembered the Hyuuga used to be one of the people he had a strong connection with during their time at the Queensguard. The red haired Uzumaki would wait for his friend to be done with his warm up before he would officially greet him. Once he came over they would engage in a firm handshake as the redhead accepted the reached out hand of the Hyuuga. "How have you been Yoshimi? It's been a while. Are you still aiming to become the master of weapons?" Akaboshi would then throw his cigarette on the ground before putting it out with the bottom of his shoe.

As for the matter of his own well being he had to ponder for a moment. How was the redhead doing? All things considered not that bad. He made the rank of Chuunin which gave him more responsibilities as well as respect, which he noticed every time he was walking around the village. But on the other hand the red haired Uzumaki was still dealing with the bad taste that was left after everything that happened at the organization not so long ago. "I guess you could say I'm still trying to move on from that fated day" he would refer to the slaughter of the guards loyal to the queen. Which was why he made it his goal trying to let go. 

Akaboshi would then listen to Yoshimi's inquiry about his reason for being at the Water Gardens. "If only I would have the time for that. I'm making my rounds through the village. Given the time of peace we are in I don't expect anything to happen, but you never know." It was true that things had calmed down lately in Hoshigakure under the leadership of Yasaki Uchiha, but Haven had a history of finding trouble even when they weren't looking for it. While everyone was yearning for peace, it could also be a dangerous thing. They had to be careful unless they wanted it to become a knife that cuts both ways. And that's why people like Akaboshi were out making rounds to ensure the peace of Hoshigakure. "What about you? Just some morning exercise?" After all, the Uzumaki knew his Hyuuga friend was an avid practitioner of the martial arts. 

(WC: 400, TWC: 802)
Sebastian Loghain
Sebastian Loghain
Citizen

Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:28 pm
After their shaking of hands, Yoshimi would raise his head to the sky, thinking for only the slightest of moments about the question directed at him. “Without a doubt, friend. If you master all weaponry styles for every weapon, you will never find yourself up against an unknown in melee combat.” He would smile and nod while his gaze shifts back to the redhead in front of him. “As you can see, I’m doing well enough. I’ve become a Chuunin in the eyes of the village, but I find myself questioning if I am truly deserving of the rank or if the rank was only given due to the turbulence in these strange times.” The Hyuuga would look down at the ground where the cigarette but would fall and be crushed under the man’s foot. “You know, despite advanced medical jutsu those cause a great deal of damage to ones lungs.” He would consider what he was saying, not wanting to come across as trying to tell his elder what to do. “Lung capacity is important in athletics, though I suppose someone that doesn’t specialize in hand to hand combat doesn’t have to worry as much about such things.”

Akaboshi would mention a black mark in Yoshimi’s memory, something that he took little pride in. He mentioned that day, the coup d’etat of the shinobi forces and the wholesale slaughter of those of whom once would have been considered brothers in arms. While he could tell himself that he was simply following orders, that doesn’t mean that he would be seen as innocent in the eyes of anyone else. The shinobi’s oaths of service were broken, and many were killed on both sides of the conflict. There was a blood stain on the Hyuuga’s hands, the kind that doesn’t wash away no matter how hard one tries. “I know what you mean.” He wouldn’t add much else, not having any desire to dwell on that time, the beginning of the downward spiral of Hoshi’s military might.

Hearing his comrade’s words he almost instinctively replied with, “Always be prepared for the worst.” His family had drilled this mentality into his whole life, and this creed that they lived by had never let them down yet. “But this time of relative peace allows for us to regroup and assess our next moves. I hope that the man currently claiming the title of Hogokage prove himself better than the last.” His words and facial expression held a twinge of disdain when speaking of the Akari that abandoned his position in one of Hoshi’s most desperate times.

“I was looking to do some training, but it seems as though everyone is busy. Would you object to my joining you in your rounds?” Yoshimi would ask politely, hoping that his elder and friend would accept. It had been a long while since they had seen one another and this was an ideal time to catch up. “Have you been in contact with any of the others?” He would ask, trying not to bring up the reasoning behind this question. Many of their friends had… well.

WC: 520
Akaboshi
Akaboshi
Nova Captain
Nova Captain

Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:58 pm
"Don't worry, I made it my habit to keep it at one a day." Akaboshi would refer to his smoking of a cigarette. The redhead had picked it up shortly after the battle of the Queensguard, hoping it would help him get rid of the anxiety. Once a day he would light one up whenever he felt the stress and his feeling of uneasiness was starting to act up. His next goal would be to become able to deal with the discomfort without the help of something else. He was sure it would be a difficult task but he planned on winning that battle as well. Akaboshi was glad to hear that his Hyuuga friend agreed with the current state of Hoshigakure. "Yes, I haven't met the man yet, but I hope he will put the village before his own interest, unlike one of his predecessors." It was obvious who he was referring to, but he refused to speak out that man's name. 

Not much was known about the current Hogokage, except for his name. "Maybe these days we'll have to pay him a visit." It was important for them to find out his plans for their home in order to decide whether or not he was worth serving. The red haired Uzumaki wanted to avoid a scenario of a coup at all costs. He watched his friends die once and he didn't plan on letting it happen again. "Now that we're Chuunin we have to take our responsibility, people will come to us for guidance." When it came to leadership he was already used to it from his time at the organization. People often looked at him whenever decisions had to be made, it was how he came into the nickname of The Red King. If he wanted to honor his fallen comrades he had to make sure to do things right. And finding out if the ones currently at the top were deserving of their title would be a part of it. 

"Of course, it'll allow us to catch up" he would respond to Yoshimi's question if he could join him on his rounds. "Funny you should ask, I actually ran into Reminisce a couple of days ago. You might remember her as well, pink hair, cute face." He would of course be referring to the beautiful kunoichi he was so fond of. The redhead was certain that Yoshimi had noticed it as well from their time at the Queensguard. He never really tried to hide the fact that he cared deeply for her. Of course he cared about all of his comrades but with Reminisce it would be different. "What about you? Any familiar faces, good or bad, that you ran into?" The Uzumaki was aware that not all of their old friends would be happy with how things ended up. A lot of them lost their lives while Akaboshi and Yoshimi earned the rank of Chuunin. It would be inevitable that some might hold a grudge. 

(WC: 500, TWC: 1302)
Sebastian Loghain
Sebastian Loghain
Citizen

Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:19 pm
Yoshimi give an accepting nod, understanding that one a day was far better than several in the same span of time. While that was good news, the speaking of former leadership was a far less pleasant conversation, even if it were only a few words back and forth. Such disloyalty to the village created unprecedented chaos and it was honestly a surprise that Hoshi was able to bounce back as much as it had. “Indeed, I think that is a good idea. I’ve only heard of him as well, but so far things seem to be taking a turn for the better.” Yoshimi was grateful that what seemed like a capable shinobi took the lead in directing them towards a better tomorrow.

“Honestly that is something I fear.” Yoshimi would say, speaking of having to mentor others in the way of the shinobi, “Fear might not be the right word, but it just isn’t something I look forward to. While I may be a capable soldier, I feel I lack the spark to properly lead others.” He would again gaze off into the distance, trying not to dwell on the past. “I am a follower, not a leader. I leave such arduous tasks to people like you.” Yoshimi would crack a light grin, his pale eyes a window that clearly showed his sincerity. “You have always been one to take the lead, and I have always admired such.” Yoshimi would fondly recall their time working together, back when the title Queensguard was one worthy of admiration and not seen as an enemy. “While you may be The Red King, I am but a simple soldier.” The young Hyuuga would look down at his weapon, his purpose clear. He was a soldier, a pawn to be utilized as best as possible by those in power.

Yoshimi would follow along, listening as Akaboshi spoke fondly of a lovely young woman. “Reminisce, eh?” The Hyuuga would think back to what felt like a lifetime ago, his mind recalling the kunoichi as his Uzumaki pal filled in the gaps. “Ah, yes! I remember. The only person able to make your face as scarlet as your hair!” The hyuuga would laugh, his youthful banter unlikely to catch his elder off guard. What good is chatting with a pal if you don’t get in a proper ribbing? When asked if he had seen any old faces he would shake his head. “I’ve mostly kept to myself. Honestly it is hard to face others, so I’ve simply done most of my training with my kin.” His difficulty in facing others was of course because of the part he played in the civil war. He knew that he was just doing what he was ordered to do, but it didn’t make seeing the aftermath any easier.

They would pass by many buildings as they strolled through town, but there were surprisingly few other shinobi about. “How many of us do you think there are left?” He would ask, mostly thinking out loud but he would have no issue if the question found a response. Upon realizing he spoke this thought aloud, he would add on, “And do you think that we will ever fully recover from everything that has happened?” His gaze would look out to the plaza, the streets fairly empty. It was far different than what had been just a few years prior, when the plaza a bustling place full of life. “Perhaps we need to not look at returning to what was, and instead look to what will be.” The hyuuga was allowing his honesty thoughts to spill out, unsure of how Hoshi will forge ahead into the future.
Akaboshi
Akaboshi
Nova Captain
Nova Captain

Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:56 am
Akaboshi would place his hand on Yoshimi's shoulder. "Do not think so lowly of yourself, there are few who would be able to keep up with you when it comes to swordsmanship." The Uzumaki would listen to his Hyuuga friend how he talked about only being a soldier, a follower. Not a leader or someone who inspires others. "To be a soldier you need that special gene, that extra something, that enables a person to jump into one on one combat, something, after all, that is unimaginable to most of us, as we are simply not brave enough. Embrace what you're good at as it is because of soldiers like you that others are able to sleep peacefully at night."

Leadership is solving problems. "I have always regarded our soldiers as my friends, so they would follow me into the deepest valleys, I looked on them as my own beloved family, so they would stand by me even unto death. But look at where that brought us, only a handful of us remain, so what does that say about my leadership?" Akaboshi knew that he wasn't responsible for what happened that day, but maybe he could have done more, saved more. As much as he thought of himself as a leader it would be a failure on his part. Something that he would have to carry with him for the rest of his life.

"Indeed, that's the one" he would awkwardly respond to Yoshimi as the Hyuuga remembered the young woman he was referring to. The redhead would continue to listen as his friend mentioned how difficult it had been for him to face others. Ever since that fated day their band of brothers had fallen apart, taking years for them to finally meet each other again. "I hope it's not just the three of us. But if there are others I honestly can't blame them for not wanting to see us. My only hope is that they are doing well for themselves." The red haired Uzumaki would stare ahead into the distance.

Yes, maybe it was best to start looking forward and no longer back. "Nothing heals the past like time." The redhead was certain that given enough time their wounds would heal. "But they will never get away. I don't want them to either. I want them to be a reminder of what went wrong in the past so we don't make the same mistakes in the future." There it was, the word everything revolved around, the future. "I plan on changing the future of Hoshigakure, but I can't do it by myself." The streets of the village were far too empty, the shinobi forces almost non-existent. "Will you help me?" 

(WC: 453, TWC: 1755)
Sebastian Loghain
Sebastian Loghain
Citizen

Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:04 pm
Yoshimi would have a twinge of surprise flash across his face before understanding set in. He didn’t even think about how the turn of events had impacted those that lead the men. Knowing that it was your orders that ended up causing the deaths of so many friends and comrades. “You are right, I am sorry. I didn’t think about how everything must weigh on your mind.” Yoshimi would shake his head and offer a suggestion, “I know we must not dwell on the past, for no action we take can change it…” While this was true, Yoshimi was working on the manipulation of space and time in his studies. Perhaps in time he would be proficient enough to manipulate the past, but such was likely a pipe dream. Such a thought is nice to think about, but in practice it would likely be impossible to pull off.

“I am glad to hear that she is still around, both for the sake of Hoshi and for your sake as well.” While it may not have been seen as proper in some circles, Yoshimi imagined that their children could hold a great deal of power considering their combined heritage. “Is she doing well?” Yoshimi would ask, hoping that such would be the case. He didn’t know her as well as his friend did, but he still wanted only the best for those who he considered brothers and sisters in arms.

“The cuts do run deep, but you are right. In time all injuries fade, leaving behind scars to remind us of those lessons.” Yoshimi would listen as Akaboshi asked him for assistance. “You need not ask such things, for you already know what the answer is.” Yoshimi would nod, just in case the red head did not understand that he was agreeing. “I’ll gladly help clear a path into the future for all of Hoshi.” He would again look at his blade, knowing that such will likely require him to once again spill blood under orders. Such was simply the life of a soldier, and it was a path he was raised for.

“What is it that you have in mind?” The young Hyuuga would ask his elder, his gaze now focused upon The Red King. While they were both technically the same rank, Yoshimi considered Akaboshi his superior. As Akaboshi had said earlier, he was close with his soldiers. That is likely why Yoshimi is willing to walk through Hell itself beside his ally if it means fulfilling his duty and protecting his friend.

wc: 424
Akaboshi
Akaboshi
Nova Captain
Nova Captain

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:44 pm
They all had to deal with the past. Akaboshi, Yoshimi, Reminisce, all of them. "Just like us she is trying to move on." He would explain to his Hyuuga friend how the pink haired girl was also taking one step at a time, in order to look in the right direction, forward. "She has also found a new love in puppetry, it was quite the surprise when she told me. But then again, Rem has always been talented so it makes sense that she tries new things." The Uzumaki himself was still trying to figure out how to make the usage of space and time work, it was something entirely new to him, so it would take some time to adjust.

"Thank you my friend, I knew I could always count on you." The red haired Uzumaki was honored that Yoshimi decided to aid him in his quest to change the future of Hoshigakure. His plan had only just begun, but it was something that had been going on in his mind for quite some time. Akaboshi was always pondering, thinking about ways to make the village stronger. To better and improve its current state and bring it back to its former glory. The most important part would be to gather enough forces, and with recruiting his Hyuuga friend he had already taken the first step.

"You and I both witnessed what went wrong with the Queensguard first hand." He would start his explanation with the mention of the old organization. "I have already decided it would be a waste of time trying to redeem those mistakes. But I also believe that our village is in need of a certain group of people, willing to do what's right for the village and only the village. No personal interests, only those of the people of Hoshigakure." Of course Akaboshi couldn't just snap his fingers and his whole plan would be completed. No, the redhead knew he would need time, structure, allies.

"I can already feel your question coming, what would make this different from the Queensguard? My answer is simple, they will only have to answer to one person. Build around trust rather than power, all sharing the same goal. No room for politics or ulteriar motives. But this will only be the start. Once I have gathered enough manpower the real work can begin." Change was coming, but it was needed.

(WC: 401, TWC: 2156)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum