Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Life is a HighwayToday at 7:11 pmMegami KuogaBreakaway (exit)Today at 5:15 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Today at 3:15 pmGoto SenjuAqueous Transmission Today at 2:39 pmDante HyugaWorking With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Minato Uchiha
Minato Uchiha
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 8650

An Anticipated Audience (P, Kinzoku) Empty An Anticipated Audience (P, Kinzoku)

Mon May 06, 2019 12:59 pm
67 SPRING, 419AV

Days, weeks and even months had already passed since Minato had become a Genin of Konohagakure no Sato. During that short period of time he had learned a lot. About himself but also about others. He had come upon fellow shinobi from his own village and even had the opportunity to meet some from other villages as well. Thanks to these new found relationships the young Uchiha was able not only to grow as a shinobi, but as a person as well. These recent happenings had allowed him to find out more about his feelings towards his village and those living inside of it. He himself felt a certain amount of pride about being a shinobi of Konoha. As well as some sort of obligation towards his village and its people, a feeling that it was his duty to protect and defend everyone. Part of growing up is questioning yourself and to reflect on the things you’ve done up until now and this was no different for the young Uchiha. As it goes with maturing it often comes with internal struggle. For Minato the struggle could be found in deciding what kind of shinobi he wanted to become. He already made up his mind about the fact that he wanted to play a part in getting Konohagakure no Sato back to its former glory. And with the village also his clan, the Uchiha. He believed that both needed each other to fully blossom. But he wouldn’t be able to do it all by himself. He would need allies, people who shared the same thoughts on the matter. And he was hoping to find them rather sooner than later.

Konohagakure no Sato wasn’t just a village like any other else. It was a village that had his fair share of highs and lows. After known glorious times they were invaded by Kirigakure and were now acting as the former’s vassal state. It were times where the people of Konoha were confronted with their weaknesses as they weren’t able to do anything about their invaders. Unlike most people the young Uchiha wasn’t able to fully accept their current state. Minato felt as if everyone was fine with how things were going. Being under Kirigakure’s leadership had led to certain benefits, he wasn’t going to deny that. It was the lack of resolve that bothered the young Genin. He felt like most people were lacking the Will of Fire, the will to change. Cause change was inevitable if they wanted to be better prepared next time someone came knocking on the village gates looking for trouble.

Even though those were his feelings he wanted to be sure that he wasn’t the only one thinking like that. Or was he really the one in the wrong? Trying to find an answer he decided there was no better place, or person, than the man on the top of the village, the Hokage. Minato had never met the man before, he had only heard of his roots that could be found in Sunagakure. Being a man of different places surely he would be able to help Minato out. At least that’s what he was hoping for. And so he arrived at the Hokage Chambers, ready to knock on the door .. “Lord Hokage?”

(WC: 547)
Kinzoku
Kinzoku
Citizen
Stat Page : Stats
Remove Fūinjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Clan Specialty : Taijutsu
Village : Konohagakure
Ryo : 23500

An Anticipated Audience (P, Kinzoku) Empty Re: An Anticipated Audience (P, Kinzoku)

Wed May 08, 2019 10:27 pm
Tick tick tick... the single sound being produced inside the office if one listened closely enough. Tick tick tick as the clocks hand moved with every passing second. The winding of the gears being the only sound to break the silence filling Kinzoku's office. Of late Kinzoku had not bee so fortunate in his days to enjoy silence such as these. Lately his days had been plagued with meetings with the representatives of the Daimyo. None of them had been with the Daimyo himself of course. No he was clearly to busy to do the talking himself. So he simply had someone else do the talking for him. Kinzoku could guess a few reasons as to why the Daimyo refused to meet the Nazar in person. His first guess was that it was likely due to the fact Kinzoku was a foreigner to Konoha. An outsider someone who was now placed in a role to lead a village he had not grown up to know. It was a fair criticism but it held no merit to whether Kinzoku was capable of the role. That was another matter entirely.

The second reason he guessed the Daimyo was not leaving was likely due to the fact he feared Kirigakure. Mostly, he feared the Mizukage. He felt it safer to be hidden away in his palace than to run the risk of potentially coming face to face with the Leviathan. Either way, it left Kinzoku dealing with his lackeys who did not hesitate to voice the Daimyo's displeasure. On top of all this, the Daimyo was never fond of shinobi to begin with. It all left Kinzoku with a throbbing headache. Today however, was different. Today had no meetings lined up for the Nazar. He had actually managed to find some time to himself. Seated on the floor cross legged in between the door and his desk, the Nazar was in a state of deep meditation. Clearing his mind and hopefully getting rid of this nagging headache he had gotten over the last couple of days.

Even while meditating Kinzoku was aware of his surroundings, being able to pick up on things happening in the surrounding environment. So it was no surprise to him when he heard the footsteps of someone approaching. He had no meetings planned on his schedule for the day so was not expecting anyone. But there were always the impromptu meetings with people of the village. Meetings he would never decline quite frankly. The oncoming person met no resistance from any guards or even the secretary as she of all people knew his schedule was open. He was unfamiliar with the chakra signature but thought nothing of it as there were many within the village he had not met yet. 

"Come in" he replied from within the office. By the time Minato entered, he'd find Kinzoku circling his desk to his chair. He was dressed in a plain long sleeved buttoned black shirt with black pants. His usual hat was resting on the side of his desk, leaving his slick brown hair to fall about his shoulders. "Some tea please" Kinzoku said through the opened door over to the secretary. "Have a seat if you'd like, Minato" Kinzoku offered, indicating he knew the visitor as he took his own seat. "How can I help you today?" he asked before leaning back into his chair and sliding all his hair back and away from his face.
Minato Uchiha
Minato Uchiha
Citizen

An Anticipated Audience (P, Kinzoku) Empty Re: An Anticipated Audience (P, Kinzoku)

Thu May 09, 2019 11:05 am
Knock knock .. two knocks were enough to make the Hokage aware of the fact that he had a visitor. The man responsible for most of the village’s affairs probably already felt Minato’s presence before the young Genin knocked on his door. Both knocks were then soon followed up by the sound of two words coming from the Hokage’s office. It was a signal to let Minato know he was free to enter the chambers. Not knowing what to expect from the man sitting at the top of Konohagakure no Sato the young Uchiha entered the room while having a look around the office. His attention was suddenly attracted by Kinzoku’s peculiar attire. In front of the boy there was a brown haired men dressed in a completely black attire. Not the typical dress code one would expect a Kage to have but it would suit the man nonetheless. So this is the Hokage .. Minato thought now that they would finally meet in person. “Pardon the intrusion my Lord” he would say while bending his knee and bowing at the same time when adressing the Kage. “I hope now is not a bad time?” he would ask Kinzoku. “If so, I won’t take too long” he assured his Hokage. After the formalities were over he was then offered a seat which he graciously accepted.

“Allow me to explain myself” he replied to the question regarding his sudden visit. Minato had to make sure to choose the right words if he wanted to make his message to be as clear as possible. “With the recent changes, one being yourself, I have found myself divided between different thoughts.” The boy had trouble finding his way into the “new” Konoha after they became a vassal state of Kirigakure. Confused whether he should feel confused or mad about their current situation he was looking for guidance. “The last couple of weeks I found myself thinking whether or not I should feel happy about everything that happened since the invasion.” Although he saw a positive side in these events, such as the fact that they were confronted with their weaknesses, he couldn’t help but feel frustrated about some people’s lack of resolve. As if nothing had happened and everything went back to normal. “I’m afraid of what might happen when we are under attack once again.”

Not only was he uncertain about the future of Konohagakure no Sato, he was also uncertain about his own role in the village. “Even though I’m only a Genin and I’m well aware of the limitations that my rank entails I would like to be involved in helping our village grow.” The young Uchiha wondered if he could do anything besides the usual training and going on missions. “What is it that you yourself expect of those in our village?” he would ask Kinzoku, hoping he would show him the right way.

(WC: 484, TWC: 1031)
Kinzoku
Kinzoku
Citizen
Remove Fūinjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Clan Specialty : Taijutsu

Tue May 14, 2019 10:58 pm
Kinzoku watched as the Genin entered the office. His eyes remained steady on Minato as he watched the Uchiha studied the man behind the desk meant to lead their village. Kinzoku thought little of it. It was expected in all honesty. Here, sitting in the Hokage's chair was a man the Konoha native had never met. A man not from this village. If the Uchiha had not taken the moment to study the Nazar, Kinzoku may have taken it as a slight. He offered Minato a smile as he bowed and formally apologized for his sudden appearance. Kinzoku waved off the apology with the wave of his hand similarly to swatting at a fly. "Nonsense" he spoke to the apology after Minato finished with the formalities. "I'll always make time for our shinobi. Take all the time you need" he added hoping Minato would not feel pressured into taking too long. Besides the fact Kinzoku was quite free at the moment. As Minato took his seat Kinzoku's hands found one another and softly rested over his lap while he waited for the Genin to begin.

It seems as though uncertainty had brought the Uchiha to the Hokage's office, much like it had many others. The changes he was likely talking about could be many things. Right away he pointed out the change in Hokage, an obvious one. The second obvious concern would likely be the change in leadership, that being Kirigakure. Later on Minato would confirm said guess, in a way. As he went on explaining as best as he could the internal struggle he was currently going through, Kinzoku remained calm and quite to allow Minato to speak and fully express hat was on his mind. Only after Minato had proposed his final question did Kinzoku begin to formulate a response. 

But before he did, silence took over once more. He gave the impression that he was thinking of his response. After all he didn't want it to seem like he knew what to say right off the bat like he had all the answers. But really, he could hear the footsteps of the secretary approaching with tea. She knocked gentle informing the two of her presence before entering and making her way over to the desk. She left a tray onto the desk with a pot of tea and two cups. As she left the office closing the door behind her, Kinzoku methodically pour tea into both cups allowing Minato to take his own if he pleased.

"I expect the village to accept what has happened" Kinzoku said bluntly. "We are now ruled by Kirigakure. The sooner we come to grips with this, the sooner we can move on." Picking up his cup, the Nazar took a number sips from his tea before putting it back down onto the desk. "The circumstances which things have unfolded are unfortunate. But... we need to take this as a learning opportunity. Learn from the power that single handedly took us down. Strive to make sure such events do not occur again because if they did... I'm not so sure we would fair much better." The latter was a response to Minato's remark on him being afraid of what would happen if they got attacked again. "Don't let rank stop you from doing what needs to be done. Continue training. Work with the other shinobi of this village. If you've got ideas, Yensung and I will hear them out. The ranking system is to help bring structure and order to a society. Without it, there would be too much choas. Don't let structure mentally hold you down."

Before going on, Kinzoku would follow up with questions of his own. One he had pretty much asked everyone that came for a meeting with him. "Let me ask you, Uchiha. It is no secret that I am not from this village. How do you feel about me, a Sungakure native, now being at the head of this village? How do you feel that we now take our orders from Kirigakue?" The questions were both quite simple. He expected the Genin to answer earnestly. It would provide a significant amount of insight into the Genin's thought process. Perhaps even to why he was having an internal struggle.
Minato Uchiha
Minato Uchiha
Citizen

Sat May 18, 2019 4:25 pm
Silence had fallen upon the Uchiha and the Nazar when the Hokage's secretary came knocking on the door as she had brought them tea. Carefully placing the tea and two cups on the desk in front of them she would smile before taking her leave. The young boy watched as Kinzoku started pouring the hot tea in both of their cups. "Thank you Lord Hokage" he said politely as he took a little sip of his drink while trying to hide the fact that he had burned his lips as he was drinking from his tea. "Delicious" he smiled.

Minato would listen to the Nazar as he shared his view on the matter regarding their place under Kirigakure's rule. It seemed like they were mostly on the same page as Kinzoku saw it as an opportunity they could use to get stronger and learn from their mistakes. The young Uchiha could hear and feel the doubt in the Hokage's voice when he said he wasn't sure if they would fair any better if something similar would happen again. It wasn't really reassuring hearing those words from the leader of the village but it was the harsh reality Konohagakure no Sato was in currently. And hopefully it would act as a wake up call for those who still hadn't accepted the state their village was in. They had to grow stronger, Minato, Kinzoku and everyone else. 

Changing the conversation by answering one of his other questions the Hokage assured Minato he was doing the right things to help the village. He advised him to keep training, to work together with each and every single one of the village's shinobi. On their own there wasn't much they could do but together they would be able to help Konoha flourish once more and bring it back to its glorious state of before. Minato was glad to hear that he could continue with how he was doing and that he was on the right path. The boy knew he couldn't waste any time worrying about things that were out of his hands and he should leave those matters to others since it was out of his control. All that was left for the boy to do was to work as hard as he possibly could to be prepared for whatever may be coming. 

The conversation shifted a second time as Kinzoku would now be the one having some questions of his own. Inquiring how the Uchiha felt about having a Sunagakure native as the leader of his village and living under Kirigakure's rule. "It is true you are not one of our own but as long as you have the best interest for our village I don't see why it wouldn't work. And seeing that the Mizukage chose you as Hokage must mean he saw something in you, something you maybe not even saw yourself." There had been previous Hokage before the Nazar, the one more successful than the other and they were ones of their own but that wasn't a guarantee for success. If Kinzoku truly wanted to make Konoha prosper and really cared about its shinobi and citizens he had no trouble following him, but Minato wanted to know how he himself felt about becoming Hokage. "How has it been since you obtained the mantle of Hokage? I take it you never expected something like this to happen." Just like his it was a rather simple question.

Regarding following orders from Kirigakure the young Uchiha could keep it short. "As far as I'm concerned yours are the only one I follow. Whether they are coming directly from you or you received them from the Mizukage is none of my concerns. I only need to perform my duty as a shinobi of Konohagakure no Sato. I can only hope Kirigakure considers us an ally rather than a puppet." There was no way for him to know how the people of Kirigakure truly felt about those from Konohagakure. Would they come to their aid when circumstances would have them act? Or would they just let Konoha die? Only time would be able to tell. And Minato was hoping for that time not to come anytime soon.

(WC: 702, TWC: 1733)
Kinzoku
Kinzoku
Citizen

Wed May 22, 2019 10:21 pm
Kinzoku held his cup of tea in between both his hands, the warmth of the drink soothing him as he felt it softly against his remaining real arm. Before long he removed his metallic arm from the cup once he realized the hand itself was inadvertently cooling the tea down. During this time he listened to Minato reply to his own questions, having shifted the flow of the meeting. The young Uchiha had come here with his own concerns and questions. But it was also a perfect opportunity for the Nazar to learn of the shinobi he was meant to lead and gain insight on how things were for them. So he listened attentively as the Uchiha replied to the question about a foreigner leading the village. It seemed he was not phased at all by the fact Kinzoku was a Suna native. Kinzoku wouldn't admit it, but it came as great relief to him that some did not mind. He could only hope more saw it like young Minato did. That it did not matter where the Hokage came from, so long as they had the villages best interest. Not like the Daimyo and village elders who did not mind voicing their discontent with Kinzoku being Hokage. Though they held little to no sway in the matter with Xyxer now making the decisions for them. The whole thing reminded the Nazar of his time back in Suna. Back when Koroshi was the Kazekage. A Konoha native the leader of Suna. How the village hated him for it. Yet through his actions he proved himself and they came to love him. It was his hope he could do the same here.

He smiled at the Uchiha's words, concealed by his cup of tea which he was currently sipping on. The warmth of the liquid reminded him of his former home in Suna and how he missed it. "He saw the potential for loyalty" Kinzoku replied to Minato's statements as he brought the teacup back down to his lap. Unconsciously his metallic hand shifted over to rub his right wrist where his scar was hidden beneath his sleeve. The mark where he had cut his own hand off to prove such loyalty to the Mizukage. "I dare say there were those more qualified for the position than I" he casually continued as he eyed the Genin. Those who had been apart of this village much longer than Kinzoku. Those who were raised her. Bled for the village. "I assume my position with the former Hokage help in the decision making" he added, remembering of Risako. 

Thoughts of the former Hokage slipped his mind as quick as they came as the conversation moved on, Minato replying to the other questions Kinzoku had, even posing his own question in retort. His question and remark forced a slight chuckle from the Nazar as it was all to uncanny how close to the truth it was. "It was in the making I suppose" he replied modestly. "I worked closely with the former Hokage. Almost as though she were molding me for the position. Knowing that, even to this moment it is sometimes surreal yet sudden. It is no easy task to be thrust into a position requiring me to lead an entire village. But I look forward to the task..." His words caused him to eye the Uchiha once more, a thought coming to mind. One he would address in due time. Now it was Minato who was addressing Kinzoku's last question.

If there was one thing his words told Kinzoku, it was that he could rely on the Uchiha's loyalty. As surprising as that may be, that was more valuable than Kinzoku was willing to admit. With their current situation being under the rule or Kiri, there was no telling who would make moves to benefit their own motives. To advance their own agendas. To retaliate against Kiri. Something Kinzoku needed to prevent. For now, they simply were not ready. "Lets just say we should not rely too heavily on Kiri" Kinzoku mentioned to Minato's remark about being allies or puppets. "Learn from them, yes. But we need to rely on one another. At the end of the day, all we have are each other... Now tell me, young Uchiha" Kinzoku began before taking another sip from his tea and gently placing it onto his desk. "You are apart of a remarkable clan. I have seen first hand the potential you and your brothers contain" he continued as he began to dabble into the thought that had previously occurred to him. "What do you wish to accomplish as a shinobi of Konohagakure?"
Minato Uchiha
Minato Uchiha
Citizen

Thu May 23, 2019 7:22 pm
Minato paid attention as he listened closely to each and every word Kinzoku was saying. The young Uchiha found it important to hear Kinzoku out as he was now responsible for everyone in Konohagakure no Sato and the boy wanted to know the Nazar’s view on all kinds of different matters. And so he listened. Listened and remembered. Speaking of memories the Hokage briefly mentioned the previous one and how she might have been one of the reasons he was able to obtain the mantle. Minato never really came into contact with her and today was actually the first time hearing her name, Risako. From the way he was speaking it seemed like the two of them were pretty close and were probably on good terms. It was interesting to hear that a Sunagakure native was able to form such a strong bond with someone from another village. A thing like that would only be able if Kinzoku was a man of great honor.

But as he mentioned before his bond with Risako was only one of the things that led the Nazar on his road to become Hokage. You don't come into that position just because you want it or think you deserve it. You obtain that title because someone deems you worthy of it, in his case it was the Mizukage who saw Kinzoku fit to gain the title of Hokage. But it didn't come without a cost,  looking over he caught a small glimpse of the Nazar's metallic hand. Now that he had a glance at what was in front of him he realised what the loyalty he spoke of earlier meant. The young Uchiha considered himself loyal as well but he hoped he wouldn't be tested to such an extent. Even though the thought of being the Hokage still sounded surreal to him he was looking forward to the task, an answer that satisfied Minato more than enough.

Their conversation shifted yet again when the Nazar mentioned the boy's clan and spoke rather highly of them. "You are too kind my Lord. If only everyone thought of us the way you do." Minato was born as a member of the Uchiha, a clan with quite the history. A past of war and failure which eventually almost led to their downfall. Famous for their Doijutsu, the Sharingan. Awakened by experiencing intense emotions, the same emotions that caused others to fear the Uchiha. Afraid of what would happen once their emotions got the better of them. So instead of being respected for their great power they were feared and avoided, leaving them unable to fulfill their undeniable potential. "I'm well aware how most people look at us, but I hope we won't be judged by our past, but our future."

Immediately after talking about his clan the next question had arisen. Kinzoku wanted to know what it was exactly that Minato wanted to accomplish as a shinobi of Konohagakure. Just like anyone else the Uchiha had hopes and dreams of his own. "As you said we have to rely on one another as all we have is each other. I want us to work together and strive for a greater Konoha." For the time being they were a vassal state of Kirigakure and they could go on like this forever if they liked. But Minato didn't plan on relying too much on people who's loyalties only lay with themselves. "The village always comes first but if I had to say something I'm aiming for it would be to play a prominent role in the reconstruction of Konohagakure no Sato. And someday I would like to accomplish becoming part of the ANBU." None of those were too original or special but it were his genuine goals. But his ambition didn't just end there. What he also was going for was to restore his clan's reputation, to bring them back as a powerful force to be reckoned with. "Not only do I want the village to grow, what I want is for my brothers and sisters of the Uchiha to help Konoha flourish as I believe that the one needs the other. I'm proud to be a Konohagakure shinobi, but I might even be more proud of the blood running through these veins." Was he being selfish by putting out the fact that he wanted his clan to play a part in Konoha's revival? Maybe, but he wouldn't forget to remain humble since he still had to accomplish more before he could act all high and mighty.

(WC: 757, TWC: 2490)
Kinzoku
Kinzoku
Citizen

Thu May 23, 2019 10:44 pm
A reassuring smile found its way onto the Nazar's face as Minato spoke about the feelings other held towards his clan. Kinzoku was not lost to the fact that many resented the clan. It was somewhat unknown to him upon his arrival. But ever since he had be chosen as Hokage it all came crashing down onto him like a tidal wave. He quickly learned about it when dealing with the politics of the clan. On his off time he would also use the opportunity to brush up on the history of the village. Many a times did the Uchiha clan come up. It was only fitting after all. They were as old as the village itself. He followed up by nodding in agreement with the Uchiha's words about judging not from the past but instead future actions. The only flaw with that was, there was no telling the future would be any different from the past. It all hinged on what people did in the moment, something that intrigued the Nazar as he continued to delve into Minato's mind.

Without interruption Kinzoku continued to listen to the Genin as he answered the questions with no signs of irritation for having his mind prodded at. That was fortunate for Kinzoku as it would allow him to learn about the Uchiha with little to no resistance. Coinciding with Kinzoku's previous words, Minato sought to grow along with his peers to benefit the growth of the village. He wanted to play a significant role in raising Konoha to its former glory, not wanting to stand on the sidelines and let better men do the work. No, he wanted to be one of those men. It came as no surprise to the Nazar when the Uchiha mentioned the word 'ANBU'. From this brief yet insightful encounter, Kinzoku had learned that Minato was adamant about being loyal. The first and most important aspect a member of the ANBU required. Loyalty. He moved on to speak about how he wanted to give his clan a better name and rebuild their reputation in the village. He claimed the clan needed the village and vice versa. In that they would both agree. It was almost like the Uchiha had read his mind.

"ANBU are the shield that guard this village" Kinzoku spoke up soon after the Uchiha and spoken what he needed said. "They defend the village at all costs, including their lives. They put it on the line to make sure the village survives. They are the sword that strikes at the heart of our enemies, doing whatever it takes. When all the odds are stacked against them. It is no easy task. When you become a member of the ANBU Black Ops, you in turn hand over your life to the village." Kinzoku was in no way trying to sway the ambitions of the Uchiha. He was simply informing him of the truth. He felt the Genin should know what it meant because if he did ever achieve the rank of ANBU, it meant he would have absolutely no sway or word in the matters of his clan. As far as he knew, his clan would be dead to him.

Kinzoku would take a moment after he spoke to let his works sink with the Uchiha but to also contemplate his next move. After a couple of minutes slipped by, it was broken by the Nazar reaching for his hat and softly placing it atop his head. With both arms he pushed himself from his chair and walking around his desk and towards the door. "Come with me" he said while grabbing his large black jacket from the rack, opting to leave his crossbow Peacemaker in the office. Knowing the Genin would follow, Kinzoku would let him out first before closing the door and leading the way. He would take the Genin through a number of stairs all leading up. Before long, Kinzoku led him through a door and onto the roof of the Hokage's tower. He walked over to the edge of the roof where a railing was installed all around its perimeter. All around them was the village, behind the the many faces of the Hokages lined on a mountain side. Though the tower paled in comparison to the size of the mountain behind it, it was still a relatively good vantage point.

"Tell me, Uchiha" Kinzoku spoke before leaning on the railing with one arm. "What do you see?" he asked, his eyes never once turning to look at Minato. Instead they looked over the village. This action, or rather lack of action would inform Minato that he was being questioned on what he saw when he looked at the village of Konoha.
Minato Uchiha
Minato Uchiha
Citizen

Fri May 24, 2019 5:21 pm
Minato was relieved to hear that the Nazar understood the young Genin’s hopes and dreams to become an important pawn in the future of both Konohagakure and the Uchiha clan. It wouldn’t be out of the ordinary if someone would break out in laughter upon hearing what the young Uchiha was aiming for. For him to even saying out loud that he wanted to play a part in the times to come demanded a certain amount of confidence. Surprisingly Kinzoku didn’t seem to be fazed when Minato mentioned he was aiming for a position in the ANBU. Maybe the Hokage noticed something in the boy that gave him the idea that he would make a good addition to the ANBU corps. Besides understanding, Kinzoku also made sure to inform Minato about the importance of the ANBU Black Ops. Explaining what it exactly meant to be one of them, what it is they do and how they act relative to the village. They are the sword in the darkness. They are the shield that guards the people of Konoha. They pledge their life and honor to the Land of Fire, for all the days to come. The Nazar wanted to make sure that Minato was aware that if he ever achieved and obtained the rank of ANBU he wouldn’t be able to be much involved in his clan anymore. Once he got in he wouldn't be allowed to get himself involved in clan matters as much as he would ike to be. It was a risk he had to take if he ever wanted to become an ANBU operative.

The young Uchiha knew a position like that came with great responsibilities. "I am willing to risk my life for the greater good" he would convince Kinzoku of his resolve of putting others before himself. When he became a Genin he knew he had signed up for this. He was more than aware of the risks and dangers the life of a shinobi entailed. Regardless of what might happen to him Minato didn't hesitate when he was finally able to graduate from the academy and successfully became a Genin of Konohagakure. But as he mentioned before he didn't want it to end with that rank, he was aiming higher. Even if it meant stepping down from the Uchiha clan. He wasn't an Uchiha only in name, he was born in it and their blood was running through his veins so that feeling of pride would remain no matter what or where he was. And who knows, maybe he would never reach the rank of ANBU and wouldn't have to worry about what it would mean for his clan. So in the meantime he would focus on making both his village and clan stronger. Together. "We are infamous for our history and our notorious Curse of Hatred. I tend to breake that curse and eradicate the hatred." 

The room had turned silent for a moment when Kinzoku suddenly stood up, suggesting that Minato came with him. Following behind he was being led through a number of stairs all leading up. After a while they finally arrived at the last door and they found themselves on the roof of the Hokage's tower. Being it the first time standing where he was now he made sure to take his time to let his beautiful surroundings completely sink in. Leaning on the railing while looking over the village the Nazar decided to ask the young Uchiha what he saw. An unexpected question but nonetheless one he would give an answer to. On first thought he was surprised to receive such a question but when he thought about it further he knew there was some hidden meaning behind Kinzoku's question. Too often and too many times people are looking without actually seeing. They receive the sensory input, but process it without understanding. Until you can look and listen with your heart, you are not really seeing or hearing. And that's where most people go wrong. They just stare in front of them, not knowing what they are actually looking at. 

Minato joined Kinzoku at the railing and started looking over the village as he was now standing next to the Hokage. "I see the past, present and future. The past because of the faces of the previous Hokage behind us. Those who showed us what it means to possess the Will of Fire." It is a popular belief that love is the key to peace. It states that the entire village is like a large family and every Konoha shinobi with the Will of Fire loves, believes, cherishes, and fights to protect the village, as previous generations had done before them. According to previous leaders of the village, this is what gives Konohagakure shinobi the strength to continue fighting against all odds, building willpower and strength of character. "The present because of us, the current people of Konoha who got the Will of Fire passed onto them." Looking over the village they could see people walking around the streets, living a carefree life thanks to those protecting them.

"Last but not least I see the future. The future, which is simply anything or anyone we want to protect." It can also refer to the unborn children who will inherit Konoha, and protection of the future generation and the civilians of the village that cannot fight for themselves. The Will of Fire is a fundamental concept to one's loyalty to Konoha. "Ironically some people in the past have said that the Uchiha clan's Curse of Hatred is fated to clash against the Will of Fire, so it might be strange for me to talk about the Will of Fire but I truly believe I possess the will to protect each and every one of our village." Minato took a small pause as his glance went back over his beautiful village. The answer he gave Kinzoku might be the complete opposite of what the Hokage was looking for but he felt like he was able to convey his genuine feelings. 

(WC: 1011, TWC: 3501)
Kinzoku
Kinzoku
Citizen

Sun May 26, 2019 9:46 pm
As Kinzoku looked out over the village he was tasked with protecting and leading, he awaited the Uchiha's response. While doing so, he decided he was going to enjoy the moment a little more. With his free arm not leaning against the railing, he reached into one pocket pulling out a lighter and a second pocket retrieving a cigar. Lightly placing the cigar on the edge of his lips, he brought the lighter to the end before lighting the flame and inhaling a couple of times. Like he had done a million times over, the cigar caught to the flame quickly and Kinzoku snuffed the flame out with the lighters cap and stored it back into his pocket. Judging by the flow of the wind he knew he could release the smoke safely without having to worry about the smoke getting into Minato's face. Although he wasn't watching the Uchiha directly, he could see that the Genin was thinking about the question. Good. It meant he knew to how observe things properly, analytically, and not just at face value. 

Eventually Minato voiced his response. He saw all that the village was and will be. He first mentioned the Will of Fire and those that passed it on from generation to generation, forcing Kinzoku to turn his body over to glance at the very monuments he spoke of. The faces of Hokages past except for one. His own. Even now Kinzoku found it eerie to see his own face up there. A monument meant to praise the leaders of this village, something Kinzoku was undeserving of. He has done very little to deserve having his face placed along the other Hokages. If it were up to him he would not have had the place chiseled from the mountain side. But it was customary around here and the last thing he wanted to do was stop a village tradition.

He moved on to the present day shinobi who now posses the Will of Fire. Kinzoku, himself, every shinobi still apart of their forces. Each and everyone of them carrying this flame. The flame that keeps this village going. The flame that protects and ensures a life for its citizens so they could have a future, which in turn was his final point. He turned back to look at the young Uchiha after he was done observing the Hokage monument. He brought up an interesting point about the Uchiha's own history conflicting with that of Konoha as a whole. Despite this he continued to ensure the Nazar that he was nothing like how the Uchiha were perceived. That he was willing to do what it took for this village even though his clan may not be. 

A smile formed on the edges of Kinzoku's mouth behind the cigar it was still holding. He admired how confident the young Uchiha was, how willing he was to make the village a better and safer place. his views on the village were simplistic in truth, yet innocent. In truth Kinzoku could not expect much more from the Genin. He has not yet experienced the real world in its full. Though simplistic for the Nazar, he was still seeing further ahead than most people of his rank. He looked out over the village once more before retrieving the cigar from his mouth and letting it rest between his pointer and middle finger. "I see a village torn" he began, the smile quickly fading from his face. "Lacerations spreading through and through preventing the village from being a whole" metaphorically speaking. "I won't bore you with the politics of it. You're far to young to be concerned about such matters" he informed the Uchiha. But as things were, many of the village elders were displeased with the current situation under Kiri. They aren't alone in the matter either. There are many shinobi who did not want to accept it either. The fear of an open rebellion was always looming. Not knowing who could be trusted and who could not be was always in the back of the Nazar's mind. That being said, there was a certain matter he would speak of with Minato as it involved his clan.

"Your clan has been split from this village for sometime. During Kirigakure's invasion, they did very little for defending the village. The Uchiha elders elected that the protection of their district, their family secrets was more important than the village." With that being said, there was still Ita and Kisuke who participated in the battle knowing the safety of the village was of the utmost importance. "Restoring relations between the Uchiha and the village will go a long way in bringing us back together as we should be." He would look back to Minato, lifting the edge of his hat ever so slightly. "The head of the Uchiha clan has been vacant for far too long, the elders instead ruling over the district in place. If there were a shinobi of Konoha to reprise the position, someone who holds both the village's and the clan values, we could rid ourselves of this problem. Rid the Uchiha of it's dark past. Someone like you, Minato Uchiha."

He took a slight pause to inhale another puff from his cigar before blowing the smoke from his mouth and nostrils, away from Minato. "You have a choice to make. Aspire to lead your clan, rip it free of the blanket of darkness enveloping it as the head of the Uchiha clan. Or serve your village until the blood runs dry from your body as an ANBU. I could use both" he added finally with another smile as he brought the cigar back to his mouth and left it there.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum