Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Working With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi HyuugaBreakaway (exit)Yesterday at 8:13 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Yesterday at 5:48 pmMegami KuogaUnknown shinobi leaves Kumo [Village Exit]Yesterday at 1:49 pmHimari HyuugaIchirō Ishitoya (WIP)Yesterday at 9:30 amAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Hayate
Hayate
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

The best kind of alcohol is a lot (open, nk) - Page 2 Empty Re: The best kind of alcohol is a lot (open, nk)

Mon May 21, 2018 6:11 pm
Time seemed to move into slow motion as the purple clad figure slowly shifted, then limply rolled off the wall and fell, the bow around her waist and her hair and arms drifting up behind he as she picked up speed.  Hayate released his hold on the wall with his hands and, just gripping with his feet, as he leaned backwards.  He had just enough strength to brace and catch the tall ninja in a cradle, his body absorbing the impact, and halting the fall.

And then HIS feet lost their hold, the weight too much for his meager control.  Hayate fell straight down, bottom first, Yatagarasu still held in his arms.

Luckily, Hikari wasn't lying about being a chuunin, apparently.  Where as a normal person would also be dragged to the ground in a pile, the lady deftly slowed and halted their fall with grace and strength.

Hayate stood back up, still carrying Yata as she readjusted herself over his shoulder, asking her about where she lived.  After she misunderstood and teased him for knowing where a girl lived, he was just about to protest that the whole idea was he DIDNT know where a girl (Yata) lived, until she managed to catch up mentally.

A beach, eh?

Hayate looked out toward the sea to the left, seeing the beach trail off.  He then turned to his right, taking care not to hit anyone with the Yata over his shoulder, seeing the beach stretch off in that direction as well.  he then turned to Hikari, once again causing Yata to spin lightly.  He ignored the small, feeble "wheeeeee" that escaped her lips.

"...... I've got no clue, and I doubt she'll be much more help.  Any ideas?"  Hayate pause for a moment, thinking.  "Can you do that thing you did to find the pizza to find her home?  I mean I CAN take her, she's a student of my mom's, but i dunno if its a good idea to let me mom see her like THIS...... " He trailed off, casting a glance into the side of the body slung over his shoulder.

She was a bit heavier than he expected, but just because she was taller.  and pretty soft.

wc 369 twc  1868
Balthazar
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 500

The best kind of alcohol is a lot (open, nk) - Page 2 Empty Re: The best kind of alcohol is a lot (open, nk)

Tue May 22, 2018 3:28 pm
(u reddy for the shittiest post ever)

The genin blinked. They were discussing her like she wasn't even there! How dare they!... Until Hayate brought up his mom. Oh! His mom was her teacher! Maybe she could help... On second thought, perhaps letting her see her nearly black out drunk was a bad idea. She played with her fingers in the air, channeling chakra as she did so to create pretty little trails in the air. Some were teal, some were purple, some were red... Red. She didn't like red that much. It was a very jarring color, and the color of her blood when she got hurt. Sometimes, she hurt other people, too. She didn't particularly care about that too much, though. But maybe if they had the decency to bleed a prettier color... She tilted her head and lolled about. She'd follow wherever she was being carried, though they might have noticed that her mood had suddenly darkened.

WC: 153
Total WC: 1621
Hikari Hyuuga
Hikari Hyuuga
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : ~Hikari's Stats~
Remove Taijutsu Iryōjutsu Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Byakugan
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 75700

Tue May 22, 2018 5:53 pm
A sigh of relief escaped her lips as the young man was able to keep their drunken “child” safe from plummeting to the ground. But they didn’t have much time to rest before HIS feet lost their control and Hayate sent the both of them cascading to the ground. Luckily she had already positioned herself to be underneath them, so she was in perfect range to save them before they roughly collided with the hard earth. In the few seconds she had to prepare, Hikari focused chakra to her feet, like one would do for the surface walking technique, in order to add another brace between them and the ground, and to help her feet stay planted upon the impact.

She easily caught Hayate in her arms, with enough strength in her biceps to not even break a sweat as she took the full force of gravity combined with their masses. Hikari was thankful she was a conditioned shinobi, for if she had been any weaker all three of them would have ended up injured from the fall. After successfully saving them she gently released Hayate from her grasp, allowing him to rest on his feet before letting go- in case he lost his balance and began to fall, so she could help him steady himself.

Once everyone was situated and safely able to head out, she asked if anyone knew where Yata lived. The woman in question didn’t realize they were talking about her at first, and began teasing Hayate about knowing where a girl lived, even slapping him on the back. A moment later, however, a look of realization fell upon her as she asked if they were talking about her. She scratched her head and said she lived near the beach, although in her drunken state she didn’t specify which beach. It would’ve been okay if there were only a few beaches she could’ve meant, but Hikari had learned over the past few days that Kirigakure was made up of several islands, not just one big island, so it would take them a while to search all of the shores for her house. That didn’t even account for the fact that they don’t know what her house looks like, nor if it had any identifying features on the outside for her to spot through her Byakugan. If it didn’t, she would have to search through the houses to see if she could find a picture or name that lead them to believe it was Yata’s house. Who knows how long a feat like that would take?

“I could use my doujutsu to find her house, however, I can only see up to a mile away so it could take a while considering there are so many beaches here. But we could try it nonetheless, if you don’t mind carrying her around while I search...” Hikari trailed off as she looked over to Hayate, wondering what his response would be. Would he want to travel around Kiri looking for Yata’s house, or would he rather resign to letting her stay with either of them? “Worst case scenario she could stay the night at my place? I wouldn’t mind taking care of her if need be, since I’m a medic and am used to looking after people. It would probably be better than your mom seeing her student in such a state?”

(WC: 3,241)
Hayate
Hayate
Citizen

Tue May 22, 2018 10:14 pm
Hayate did not, in fact, notice Yatagarasu's mood darken, as her mood expressing side was not also her forward facing side, being slung over a shoulder.

Wow, that doujutsu stuff sounded impressive.  Hayate had never seen one used before live, though he had heard a bit about them.  The short Hikari was building up to be more than she initially seemed that first festival night in the darkness.  He'd have to remember that in the future, there was probably even more he didn't know.

He adjusted yata's weight on his shoulder again - her being taller than him made the proportions a bit awkward as well.  Hayate gave a small sigh, shaking his head.  "I dunno, there are a LOT of houses on beaches, and her descriptions of things... well, 'boneless pizza'."  he flashed a wry smile.  "I guess its up to you.  I mean its not THAT late yet, and I dont want to put you out for a stranger you just met, but if you dont mind...."  He trailed off.  It certainly would be the easier option, especially for him, but he'd almost feel bad since he himself had just met Hikari, and she didn't even know Yata.  Still, she had offered, and bringing her home to his mom was the absolute last resort.

Should Hikari decide to take Yata back, Hayate will continue to carry her there, since he does have a duty to make sure she gets somewhere safely.  Should Hikari want to stay out a little longer, he'll try and get SOME useful info out of Yata, and probably be just a little (but not too) annoyed at her foul mood if it persists, after all the help she was getting.

wc 285 twc  2153
Balthazar
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 500

Wed May 23, 2018 4:52 pm
The drunken girl lay on her teacher's son's shoulder somewhat somberly. They walked about the streets of Kirigakure no Sato, in whatever directions they wanted or something, because I'm leaving this thread and I don't want to godmod. She yawned hugely and made herself comfortable. Long black strands of hair fell in front of her face, disguising her eyes, which were wide open and sparkled with clarity for a moment. She watched the pair curiously. To outsiders she may have seemed asleep, but her mind was spinning. She closed her eyes thoughtfully and relaxed her muscles. So, the girl had a doujutsu that had a mile range? That was interesting. She herself possessed no such thing, of course, being clanless- but she'd take what she could get. Fuuinjutsu was pretty fun, after all. Her fingers tingled with chakra as she imagined the barriers that she'd been practicing that night. It wasn't that late, of course, but if they were going to carry her home, who was she to stop them? Cataloging all that she had learned that night for future use, she rested and waited.

WC: 185
Total WC: 1806
(exit)

Claiming: 9 stats, 1806 words to Rainbow Fort Seal
Komori
Komori
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Faded Glory
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Ryo : 23750

Wed May 23, 2018 5:01 pm
Approved
Hikari Hyuuga
Hikari Hyuuga
Citizen
Survived 2021

Thu May 24, 2018 5:47 pm
It seemed Yata would be of very little help to them as she closed her eyes and remained silent throughout their exchange. The white haired girl also did not notice the change in their drunken friend’s mood for the said female was facing away from the other two due to being slung over their male companion’s shoulder. She wondered, as Hayate readjusted Yata once more, if he was comfortable carrying her wherever they decided to bring her, or if her height was too much for his still growing muscles to bear. She almost voiced her concern when he began speaking first, shaking his head at their predicament. It was true, intoxicated Yata would not be able to help them find her house and would probably make it even more difficult by providing information she thought was accurate, but in reality was far from so.

A small smile crept upon her rosen lips as Hayate wryly smiled after his comment about Yata’s ‘boneless pizza’. The young Kirigakure man wasn’t at all what she thought most of Kiri would be, in fact he was quite the opposite, being kind, humorous, and full of warmth. It was truly amazing to see how people from one village could be so vastly different...or how incredibly terrifying the Blood Games were, able to change even the most pure and sweetest of people into cold blooded killers, lacking any remorse for those whose blood tainted their hands. The thought of his bronze eyes turning icy sent a shiver down her spine. She didn’t want him or any of the other young Kirigakure shinobi to have to face an atrocity such as the Blood Games.

Of course she knew such a desire as wanting to save them from murdering their own friends was futile. Xyxer seemed to lavish in bloodshed, so she knew he would never get rid of the tradition many of his shinobi, and potentially himself, had to go through. Maybe if she had kept her favor from winning the tournament she would’ve been able to use it on them, potentially shielding them from the senseless killings.

It was a melancholy thought to her, someone who was unable to save her own brother wanting to save the shinobi of another village...

“It’s probably for the best if we take her somewhere where she can rest as soon as possible.”
Her voice came out soft as she fought back her thoughts. She needed to focus on the present, not worry over what the future held, especially since she had a patient to take care of. “Working at a hospital teaches you to always be prepared for the unexpected, dropping whatever it is you are currently doing to help those in need. So do not worry about me being put out for a stranger. Besides, there is plenty of time to enjoy the festival another night.” She flashed him a gentle smile to calm his qualms about Yata being a burden to her.

If Hayate didn’t have any other questions or concerns, Hikari would begin walking down the street, leading the way to Aryll’s house. She figured the Hyuuga heiress wouldn’t mind her taking care of someone if it was only for a night, but if she did, well...the shorter Hyuuga would have to improvise and figure out another place for Yata to rest at safely.

As the two made their way down the street, weaving in and out of festival goers, Hikari wondered if she should make light conversation with the man beside her, and if so, what she would talk about. She already knew he was an academy student of Kirigakure, and since he was so young in the rankings, there wasn’t much they could have in common. He was just starting out in his shinobi journey, learning the basics before making it to Genin. He probably wasn’t aware of the element his chakra was attuned to nor what kind of fighting style he would use, considering there were several choices one could take up. She herself had chosen medical ninjutsu in order to save others only after she had practiced a few of the other styles. Her desire to save others hadn’t even been planted until she was half way through her Genin career.

“So Hayate, what made you want to become a shinobi?” That was the only thing she could think of to ask him that he would have a definite answer to, and one she would also be able to answer if he returned the question to her. If, however, Hayate asked her something first, then she would answer that question before asking this one.

Hikari would glance over at his as he answered, averting her eyes forward after a few seconds to keep from running into anyone or anything. The last thing they needed was for her to injury herself walking because she wasn’t paying attention. As she intently listened to his answer she made a note of their surroundings, making sure they were on the right path to Aryll’s. He would figure out easily that she wasn’t from there if she got lost going to her own “house”, and having him figure out she was a Konoha kunoichi would potentially endanger her for he might spread the word around and other, stronger shinobi might hunt her down. Aryll might try to help her, but she didn’t want to risk her kind clanmate’s life over a mistake she had made.

(WC: 4,151)
Hayate
Hayate
Citizen

Thu May 24, 2018 11:37 pm
Hikari's reassurances that it was fine to take Yata to her place convinced Hayate she definitely did have the air of a hospital worker, as she claimed.  Kind and gentle yet firm and sure.  

He made sure to thank her once more for taking care of what was probably his responsibility, as she was a friend of his family, and the pair started walking side by side through town.  Despite getting some looks from the girl over his shoulder, this was actually the most peaceful, and least busy, his normally relaxing festival had been this year.  

After a not too long, however, Hikari posed him a question, why he wanted to be a shinobi.  Hayate didnt mind, but it took him aback a bit, causing him to pause for a half step.  He quickly resumed walking, though.

Why did he want to be a shinobi?  He couldn't really immediately wrap his head around NOT wanting to be a shinobi.  It took him a few moments of contemplation to begin to respond.  "I guess I just always assumed I would be one.  I haven't really thought about NOT being a shinobi.  I mean, I've learned all about it since i was young from my mom -she's a village ninja-, and i never really took to technical stuff like my dad.  And being a fisherman's way too boring."  He went to start a shrug but the loose weight over his shoulder prevented that.  The turned a corner, the crowds starting to thin as they headed away from the festival center, but still plenty of lights and scattered stalls and people  "Plus, it all just kinda .... fits, ya know?  It feels right.  Like its how I'll further the village, and continue the legacy."  he gazed up toward the stars as he finished, but couldn't find many through the festival lights.  After a few moment he looked back to Hikari.

"What about you?  Chuunin, right?  I bet you've got some stories to tell...."

329 words twc 2482
Hikari Hyuuga
Hikari Hyuuga
Citizen
Survived 2021

Wed May 30, 2018 5:45 am
The man in front of her thanked her once again for taking in his drunken friend, to which she smiled softly and accepted, replying in the typical manner that one would to being thanked. Then they began walking to Aryll’s house, although Hayate knew not that it didn’t belong to Hikari for she had continuously said it was her house because it was easier than trying to explain whose house it truly belonged to.

As the two made steady pace along the roads of Kirigakure, the snowy haired kunoichi broke the silence by asking why the younger, albeit taller, shinobi decided to become just that: a shinobi. The man in question halted his steps for but a moment, taken off guard by her question momentarily before he regained his composure and continued walking. However, once he began walking again he did not immediately answer. Instead he took a couple of seconds to collect his thoughts, not speaking up until he had a coherent answer for her. Which he, in fact, did, stating that he had always just assumed he would be one and had never thought about not being one. Hikari figured that most shinobi were similar in those regards, being raised and taught about the way of the shinobi since they were little, never knowing anything but that life style. Or, as Hayate pointed out, having a “normal” job, such as fishing, was not nearly as interesting as being able to create fireballs or accurately throw knives at targets.

It was then the duo, or technically trio, turned a corner and the throng of people slowly dispersed into tiny slivers of groups, as numerous as the lanterns that lit up their pathway. Hayate went on to say that being a shinobi fits and feels right, that it would be his way of continuing, and even furthering, the village’s legacy. While he took a moment to rest his eyes upon the deep, navy sky above them, his chocolate orbs trying to catch glimpses of the hidden lights within the dark abyss, her voice rang out around them, “Are you wanting to further the village and its legacy by following the same traditions as now, or do you have any changes in mind that you would try to implement later on?”

Hikari waited patiently for his reply, if he had one for her question held both infinite possibilities and none at all. Hayate could be content with how the village was, not desiring for any change at all, and would just further it the way Xyxer had in mind. But maybe there was something he would like to see being implemented or changed, perhaps the Blood Games for example. It was the only thing she knew about the village that one would possibly want to transform into something better and less horrific. After he answered her inquiry, or confessed he did not have any idea, he looked back at her and asked about herself.

“My mother was a medical shinobi, which is what sparked my interest in the field. Ever since I was young I always wanted to help others, the way my mother did, so becoming a shinobi that specialized in medical ninjutsu was the only logical solution for me to take.” She kept her voice level and composed, keeping her distant memories locked away. She had long since accepted the fates of her parents, and felt no grief at their absences, instead feeling pride at what they had accomplished and joy at the memories they shared together. “Yes I am a Chuunin, and I do have a few interesting stories already.” She wouldn’t go on to tell any of the memories she held, and would probably only devel into her past if he explicitly asked her about it.

By this time the two were drawing ever closer to their destination while also nearing the end of the stalls for the festival. It seemed the Hyuuga heiress’ residence was a bit farther than she had anticipated, and she hoped Hayate was still fairing well with carrying Yata. The street’s noise dimmed as they continued forward, turning yet another corner onto a lighted earthen path almost completely empty. It wasn’t a surprise that there was hardly anyone around seeing as the festival was still in full swing and the evening quite young. The path they traveled was less concrete, with specks of nature growing on the sides of the worn passage. They were taking a shortcut to get to her house, one that wasn’t too steep or rocky for Hayate to safely travel across while carrying their precious patient.

(WC: 4,919)
Hayate
Hayate
Citizen

Thu May 31, 2018 12:14 am
The chocolate orbs Hayate possessed turned toward Hikari when she spoke.  He question seemed innocent enough, but his eyes narrowed ever so slightly.  He took the opportunity to readjust Yata on his shoulder, the tall girl muttering something softly that he was pretty sure weren't actual words when they started out in her head, much less when they barely grumbled out into the night air.

It almost seemed like a test.  But what was the right answer?  Was she pro administration, or part of a counter culture?  He couldn't be sure either way, and he wasn't entirely sure it wasn't an innocent question.  Either way, it was best to be non committal here, he figured.  "Kiri is proud, and has been strong.  I can't guess to know whats best for the future though.  Haven't even been on any missions, or outside the stormwall."  

He was thankful when she dropped the subject and and moved on to her history.  Medical ninja were important, he knew, but ... to him that was always someone elses job.  Like the chefs that cook your meal, or the teacher that passes on their knowledge.  They were meant to make the strong stronger.  The way he figured, if other people were willing to take on that role, the better.  He'd focus on the doing.  Still, it made a bit more sense now why she was willing to go out of her way for a stranger.

The lights dimmed more as they made their way down a less traveled pass, sounds of the revelry beggining to fade as well.  They could hear the sound of their own sandals/shoes on the path.  He figured she didn't live outside the town, so they had to be getting close, or at least he hoped - he was starting to feel the effort deep in his shoulder. 

Hikari dodged her own question, with the leading inquiry about stories answered perfunctorily, and Hayate let it hang in the air.  That was fine, some things you didn't want to talk about.  He got it.  besides, silence was perfectly fine by him.

wc 347   twc 2829
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum