Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Life is a HighwayToday at 7:11 pmMegami KuogaBreakaway (exit)Today at 5:15 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Today at 3:15 pmGoto SenjuAqueous Transmission Today at 2:39 pmDante HyugaWorking With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Yurei
Yurei
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : The Oni
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Space/Time
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 0

The Black Gates - Funeral for Roshi Uchiha [IO] Empty The Black Gates - Funeral for Roshi Uchiha [IO]

Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:44 am
Yurei stood at the cold black gates of Hoshigakure’s cemetery dawning a black and white kimono rather than his silver and cyan one. It was the evening, the sun had begun its decent into the horizon, filling the sky with muted lavenders and oranges. The sun’s fading orange light casted a steep shadow over each tombstone, the thousands that lay there in the graveyard. With the sun disappearing, the temperature could already be felt dropping, but Yurei had been cold for a long time, long before the sun had begun to set. He shivered, wiping his eyes as he slowly built up the courage to walk into the gates, to face what he had done 3 days ago tonight.

The young Uchiha peaked inside through the tall metal bars that lined the cemetery, catching a glimpse of his mother standing over his father’s casket. It was a fine casket, shining and black with a polished wooden frame. He was worthy of it, even if he did hate what Yurei did and his lifestyle choices. Becoming and being a shinobi.

The boy sighed looking up at the sky and holding his breath. He slowly closed his eyes and freed his mind of thought. This would give him a brief moment of peace. Akio and Damon were to be arriving soon, the funeral was to commence in 10 minutes, but Yurei had been here for hours, what seemed like decades, waiting for his mother and the orderlies. Takia seemed to forgive Yurei easily in her love for her son, but Yurei himself could not set aside his guilt and anxiety. It was difficult for her to talk to him. He knew it even though she tried to hide it0. “Her own son killed her first love,” Yurei murmured, grimacing and holding back his tears.

The boy once again peaked at his mother who had not moved from her position over the dark, wooden casket. There was no telling what hardship she was going through, but Yurei could relate. She lived with the loss of her husband and the reminder of her son as his killer, but he lived without his father and the burden of knowing he had killed him, even if it was an accident. But no one would know that aside from his mother, would they? Yurei squirmed at the thought. Keeping all of this buried inside him was poisoning his heart.

Yurei laid it wait against the gate, trying desperately not to think and waiting for Damon and Akio.

WC: 420
Sumairu Goka
Sumairu Goka
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 500

The Black Gates - Funeral for Roshi Uchiha [IO] Empty Re: The Black Gates - Funeral for Roshi Uchiha [IO]

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:44 am
Yurei wouldn’t have to wait long, Akio was often called a lot of things but late was rarely ever on of them. He had used the day before to obtain his current attire, a long black traditional kimono ironed to perfection, the gates he was walking to would match his attire well.

He wasn’t really sure what he was supposed to do upon coming here. He wasn’t the best at comforting people, and he never knew the man they would be putting in the ground, but he had made a promise to his friend that he would come.

Naturally Esu followed behind him, and the two would find Yurei lying in wait at the entrance to the funeral. As this happened his heart and mind would begin to race in unison. He really had no idea how to help someone through the death of a loved one, what if he made a fool of himself.

He’d metaphorically shake the thoughts out of his head as he realized that whatever discomfort he was feeling in this situation, it was no doubt significantly worse for yurei, and he had wanted him here. He’d give a slight wave as he neared the boy before saying.

“How you holding up”

Esu would walk up and hang out near Yurei’s legs. The two seemed to have gotten along in the past, it would be good for Esu to stay near him.
Damon
Damon
Citizen
Stat Page : The Tengu
Genjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Ryo : 44150

The Black Gates - Funeral for Roshi Uchiha [IO] Empty Re: The Black Gates - Funeral for Roshi Uchiha [IO]

Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:03 am
Damon had decided to dawn a traditional black kimono in the stead of his normal attire. It was customary to wear more mournful clothing obviously. The leaves of the trees overhead caused many shadows to be cast over the ground, seemingly enveloping the boy as he walked down the sidewalk. The wind rustled leaves overhead and the fading light of the sun turned the remainder of the day to a burnt orange, giving the illusion of the fall. He exhaled deeply. Why did I agree to this. He was having second thoughts, the approaching graveyard sending shivers down his spine. He tried to strengthen his resolve. Because I promised a friend. Damon was also called a lot of things, and late was definitely one of them. He would show up after Yurei and Akio had a moment, roughly two minutes after the start of the funeral itself. Dammit dammit dammit. He hurriedly approached the onlookers, joining them among the gathering that had formed. He would stand next to Yurei on his right with no one to his left. Folding his arms in front of his body, he would slightly bow his head in reverence. “I’m sorry I’m late,” he whispered. He hoped he had not messed up already.
Yurei
Yurei
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:01 pm
The Uchiha boy looked up to find Akio standing before him. Esu walked to the small boy and kneeled around, allowing the genin to stroke his fur and stratched behind his ears. He took a deep breath, finally registering the boy’s question. “Fine, I guess,” he replied unenthusiastically. In fact, he could not feel worse. “Thank you for coming,” he said , then turned to the dog, “and for bringing Esu,” he finished, smiling lightly.

Yurei looked at the gates, then at Akio once more, taking his black robes into account. He’d taken the time to dress for the occasion. “You look nice,” he said softly, taking a deep breath and clearing his throat.

WC: 534
Sumairu Goka
Sumairu Goka
Citizen

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:52 pm
Yurei’s answer was hardly enthusiastic. But Akio took a guess that it was to be expected, they were at his father’s funeral after all. When the pale skinned boy thanked him for coming he gave a simple nod in reaction, before the uchiha began to continue speaking. “And for bringing Esu”.

“I wasn’t sure if it would be appropriate to bring a dog to a… well you know. But I don’t really go anywhere without the guy” He’d say. “Hope you understand”, he’d say as he slid a hand across the surface of his kimono in order to straighten the wrinkles.

There was a bit of silence that seemed to fill the area as the crisp cool air flowed through the desert village, and past the leaves that belonged to the few trees that had managed to grow in the harsh desert conditions, as well as the pairs Kimono’s. Akio’s at the very least would sway with the wind as Yurei complimented the black attire.

“You too” He’d say before moving past the formalities. Scanning the funeral site he wouldn’t see much of a crowd. His dad wasn’t much of a people person I guess. He’d think to himself as he hoped that when he met his maker he’d attract a larger crowd, nothing seemed worse to him than being forgotten.

Inside the gate there seemed to be a mourning woman wearing a black robe, no doubt yurei’s mother, and a few scattered workers, no friends or extended family seemed to be at the site. Maybe I’m just early. He’d think to himself as he leaned against the gate beside yurei.

“You ready to start this, or do you need a minute” He’d say as he looked over to his young friend on the left.
Yurei
Yurei
Citizen
Survived 2021

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:08 pm
Akio answered Yurei’s formalities smoothly as the two stood next to the gate for what was mostly silence. The genin looked to Esu as Akio explained his presence, but Yurei waved his hand in dismissal, going right back to petting the large animal. “It’s fine. I can tell you two like each other,” he said with a faint smile.

Yurei exhaled, folded his arms, and stopped petting Esu after giving one last scratch. He looked for Damon but couldn’t find the dark-haired boy. “Yeah, let’s go. The ceremony’s starting soon. Don’t worry about it taking long, though. Mom doesn’t have any words to say, and I couldn’t, so… Well it will be short. Come meet my mom.”

Yurei turned off from the gates and into the ceremony where he came to his mother, Takia, who was standing over the casket. He dawned a black robe and had her black as midnight hair down and draped over her shoulders. “Mom,” Yurei called out as he neared her. “I brought a friend. This is Akio.”

Takia would turn to greet the boy with a faint smile and a hushed voice. “Hi, I’m Takia,” she said, extending her long hands to the boy. “I’m sorry I had to meet you like this, but it’s good to see Yurei has some friends. He’s talked a bit about you, but since his father died… well.” She paused, breathed, and said, “ Well we haven’t talked as much.”

WC: 776
Sumairu Goka
Sumairu Goka
Citizen

Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:00 pm
Esu would let out a slight whine as the boy stopped petting him as if he needed the attention. Before returning to Akio’s side. “You’re so dramatic” He’d say to the dog as he followed Yurei, it seemed that the ceremony was about to start, yet Damon seemed to be nowhere in sight. I’m sure he’ll be here, he’s probably just running late. He’d think as he scratched the back of his head. The small crowd certainly put a bit of a spotlight on himself, and he wasn’t much of a public person.

As he walked towards the casket an odd feeling would wash over him, he had never had to deal with death in his 18 years on the planet and he had no relationship with this man. But as he neared the black casket, just as dark as the gates that surrounded it the hair on his forearms would stand up, his skin would cover itself in goosebumps.

“I don’t even know his name” He’d think to himself as he neared the box that contained the dead man.

He’d let in a shaky breath as Yurei began to introduce him, his eyes still fixated on the casket in an almost trance like state. “Hi, I’m Takia” He’d just barely hear before snapping his attention to the woman.

Seeing her hand extended he’d reach out with a single hand, surprised to hear that Yurei had talked about him. The two hardly knew each other and hadn’t really done much worth talking about. “I hope you’ve heard good things” He’d say before releasing his grip and giving a slight dip of the head in respect as he apologized for her loss.

The last bit, about how they hadn’t talked much since the father’s passing seemed a bit off to him. Shouldn’t a family talk with one another while mourning. That was their business however and not his to stick his nose in.

He’d take a second to look behind him towards the gates before turning back to Yurei, “Is Damon coming?”
Yurei
Yurei
Citizen
Survived 2021

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:15 pm
Takia smiled as the two lost their grib and bowed in return. “All good things,” she said softly. Her smile was thin, perhaps forced, but her demeanor was kind, yet sad. Tears had begun to form in her eyes as she wiped them away, and Yurei quickly looked away to avoid crying with her.  “Excuse me,” she said, turning back to the casket.

The Uchiha turned to face Akio as he asked about Damon. He was running very late. Yurei bent over and looked around to the gates but saw no one. “I don’t know,” he said, somewhat frustrated, before turning to face the casket.

The funeral staff had walked to the casket, reassuring Takia as they closed the dark wooden structure. Yurei faced his father’s lifeless corpse fade away behind the void. He even heard Takia gasp.

The Uchiha and his mother began to line up, leaving an open space for Damon on his right, with his mother and presumably Akio on his left. The two bowed their heads as the staff membered carried the black coffin into the lot, slowly easing it six feet into the earth. There was no preacher. There was no speech. There were no words to remember the dead. Yurei could find no words, now, only guilt. Guilt of what he did.

Before long, Yurei felt a brush of air over his shoulder. It was Damon who had finally arrived, bowing his head in front of the coffin. He apologized, but Yurei only responded with a slight nod that would have been lost to those without a keen eye.

WC: 1041
Sumairu Goka
Sumairu Goka
Citizen

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:34 pm
Akio stood beside his friend as his father’s corpse made it’s way to its final resting place. He’d hear a gasp from his mother, who was… obviously hurt in this situation, but the brokeness in her voice was enough to make akio close his eyes so he didn’t have to see her face. I hate funeral’s, He’d think back to his earlier comment about the whole wanting a larger audience… That seemed to have changed in just a few moments. It was better to be burned, that’s what he’d ask for, if he ever found himself cold and dying.

Nobody said anything as the casket rested over the hole, awaiting to be lowered. Dead silence seemed to fill the air. This isn’t right, someone’s gotta do something… The boy would think to himself as let a white lily that he had picked earlier in the day on his way to get his kimono fall from his sleeve and gently into his hand.

He’d take a step and look at yurei and his mother, making sure he had their permission before gently resting the flower on the wooden surface.

Slowly the boy would walk backwards to his spot before bowing his head again.
Damon
Damon
Citizen
Stat Page : The Tengu
Genjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Ryo : 44150

Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:39 am
Two minutes late is not even that bad. It was not Damon’s fault that he had to go scavenging for a new outfit. He did not have a permanent home to stay in nor parents who could have given him clothing. Damon was still simply living a discontented life, one of an orphan on the streets, all because he would continually feel guilty from taking charity. His walk had turned into more of a jog as he hurried to join the procession. Entering the gates, he would have not seen much of a crowd, so he nearly did not know where to go. He had hoped to arrive in time for the speech, but… there were no holy men in site. For the first time in Hoshigakure, there were no religious folk around. No words, no speeches. The silence was tangible and restraining. Yurei barely even recognized when the dark haired Uchiha had shown up, but merely gave a meek nod. Akio then stepped forward and placed a flower on the casket as it was being lowered. An event that he had almost missed when he was needed. Dammit, I should have brought something. The flower sure was a kind gesture. Perhaps Damon could take Yurei to the village gates the following day and grab some flowers for themselves to place on the graves. He’d have to tell Yurei to meet him at the village gates at the end of the service. He felt the urge to say something. As the body was being lowered, Damon’s voice rose as he cleared his throat and looked towards the grave. The first portion of his speech would be directed to the woman who must have been the widow. “I-I’m sorry, ma’am, but we have not had the chance to meet just yet. My name is Damon, and I’m a friend of Yurei’s. It’s why I’m here. I didn’t know his father well… or at all really. But I wanted to be here… Because I know what it’s like to lose a father. My own died not too long ago and I had no one there for me during my own time of grief. So I wanted to make sure that you knew that your son would not have to suffer the same as I did. I’m sure that he was a great man. Roshi.” He placed a hand on the coffin as a tear rolled down his cheek, eventually hanging off of his chin and dripping down onto the ebony wood. “You had a lovely family who will undoubtedly carry on your name to greatness. Better to be content in this life, than aspire to it in the next. Requiescat in pace.” He withdrew his hand and took a step back, folding his hands together in front of his body.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum