Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Life is a HighwayToday at 7:11 pmMegami KuogaBreakaway (exit)Today at 5:15 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Today at 3:15 pmGoto SenjuAqueous Transmission Today at 2:39 pmDante HyugaWorking With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Takeshiyama
Mission Record : Mission Log
Remove Taijutsu Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Taijutsu
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 78125

One for the money, two for the show (p,Iesada) Empty One for the money, two for the show (p,Iesada)

Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:19 pm
Maku sat at a piano, a half empty or half full glass, depending on your own personal inner optimist/pessimist, on his right.  His hands danced across the ivory keys playing a song he had picked up while traveling.  His mouth close to the microphone while he sang.  Next to the bench was a hat that was more than half way full.  

The bar goers meandered in and out, in varying levels due to a staggered start.  It was the bar next to the inn that Iesada had been staying at.  The time had passed, the call to arms had been announced, the call to orders distributed.  The only thing left to do was to do it as they say.  With that in mind he would soon be in the need for additional aid and capital.  This was were Iesada played his role.  There were ways to make him assist, force his cooperation, however those were messy and not as reliable.  He preferred free will, and all that jazz.

He had sent word to the former Yuki nin that he could meet him here.  Final words could be decided on, final haggling and then down to the dirty.  Maku himself had his equipment packed, provisions, and questionable reading material all in a bag next to the bench.  His own idea was to leave out tonight.  His versions of travel much quicker than any war band.  Though, he didn't need an army to do damage.  

His song ended and he finished the remains of the amber liquid.  It was quickly refilled by one of the lasses going between tables.  He winked and started his next song.  It was loud and full of gruff.  A song sung by drunk men after blistering work.  That wasn't really Maku, but this was close enough to a free country he could sing whatever he liked.  In truth it was a Yukigakure drinking song, one that had thoughts of blizzards and shut ins.  It got the crowd going as well by the sound of a few more clinks.  It was like this he would await his business partner.
Iesada Saito
Iesada Saito
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 500

One for the money, two for the show (p,Iesada) Empty Re: One for the money, two for the show (p,Iesada)

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:20 pm
There is something to be said about research. Iesada had spent the last week in Kumogakure's library. As it turned out the jutsu based books were more heavily restricted than the history books, who'd have guessed? Suffice to say the former diplomat took his time to read through all books relating to Hoshigakure. Truthfully, the village seemed to be an anomaly as for the longest time it had been anti-shinobi. Rather, the people put more stock in their royalty and their respective gods—an interesting anomaly if nothing else.

In his time away from the library, he took his time to talk with the locals. He learned of the marriage between one Akihana Akari and the Raikage, a union between Hoshigakure and Kumogakure. Of course, he never once directly asked about politics as people didn't much like talking about such things. Rather, he fit pieces together in talking to people about their lives. Fun fact: people love talking about themselves to no end and it a great way to get information.

Thus, pushing open the heavy bar door, the older man felt confident that he knew all he needed to know. Steeling himself against the smell of stale alcohol and smoke he stepped into one of Kumogakure's many dens of depravity. Maku was hard to miss sitting at the piano, but Iesada did not make a beeline for the man. Negotiations are a dance, mind you.

He sidled up to the bar and order two pints of some vile brew that had been recommended. And so, he now approached Maku with two amber brews in hand. No, Iesada was not much of a drinker, but, when the circumstances called for it, he could hold his own.

"Good evening," he took a seat on the far side of the bench on which Maku sat and handed him a glass. "I've thought your proposition over and it sounds acceptable to me."

He took a liberal sip from his drink before continuing in a hushed tone.

"However, there are a few details that need working out and will be non-negotiable. One, I get compensated in advance. I may not seem it but I am low on funds and I can't very well go asking for money without having some myself."

Every good actor required props and, unfortunately, props cost money.

"Two, you'll need to rearrange my memories. When I arrived in Kumogakure they read my mind, if they do the same in Hoshigakure I will be outed before even getting an audience with the higher ups."

Another sip.

"Obviously we can't have that. And three, when this is all over I want to return to Yukigakure. You gave a rousing speech to the denizens of Kumogakure, but I do not want the filth of the Cloud Village to infect what was once our home. Some places aren't meant to be guarded by a moat of half-dead bodies and Yukigakure is one such place."

He put his drink down.

"So, do we have a deal?"
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

One for the money, two for the show (p,Iesada) Empty Re: One for the money, two for the show (p,Iesada)

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:57 pm
Negotiation and diplomacy where indeed a dance.  One that Maku did just as well as his favorite diplomat.  When the man greeted him the song had come to a pause, to which Maku continued the song.  Essentially performing a  lingual fake out and finished his song.   He would smile wide and take both of the drinks and drink from both.  He would greet Iesada and allowed him to continue.  Though he had paused the conversations then allowed my it to continue on his time.

He listened to the three conditions and took a drink considering them.  "For your first, I'll give you access to all my assets that currently reside in Hoshi.  When I was there I took propriety of three different establishments and several.....errrrr distribution slash redistribution lines."  He would give a mischievous smile at that.  "I'll tell you what to do, and then it'll be on you to use them to full force."

He would consider the second condition.  "Fair enough on number two, that should be easy enough.  I think a block on totality of Kumogakure's movements will do.  With only minor details.  Mostly we will use the rebuilding idea.  We will make sure though that when you see me again it will break. Nonce we are reunited there will be no need for any amount of ruse."  He would conclude with another drink.

His final condition was also one that he could appreciate.  He looked at the man, and wondered what it would be like to have such strong feelings for a place or for a people to want to ask something like that.  He considered it, as it was the most difficult to truly give.  "I doubt many from this climate would do well on the tundra.  So how about this, the area gets a stronghold.  A military outpost to span the country.  However, no such foulness as this city will touch it.  However, if I am going to honor all three conditions, I'll need some things in return."

He took a drink and strummed his fingers up and down the key.  A small medley being played before it faded into the chatter of the other bar goers.  "Two individuals reside in Hoshi.  Both high up the chain, first thing is I want information on both.  Denkitiki Hyato is the first.  I simply wish to know how he is doing, and how his family is.  It might be difficult he is a secluded individual with a tendency to vanish for times.  The other, I simply want you to meet and greet.  Akihana Akari, I'm sure you know of her?  See where she stands with kumo, and when you meet her place an emphasis on the N, like this Akihanna, do that for me."  He would say, with another smile.  He did wonder how his brother was doing.  His final notes had been ambiguous and implied he was gone.  He had planned it, his death all but certain had Youka not arrived.  As for Aki, he just wanted that small thing that only he did to happen, just to stir her up.

"Secondly, make sure the assets you are taking control of remain in good order.  Finally, when this mission is complete I want you to work for me, permanently.  No need to answer now, think on it.  I'll give you Yuki, funds to help rebuild.  Whatever you need, but you will come to my aid when asked, and I to yours.  I need people from the old days."  He would finish.  He would watch Iesada for reaction.  "Well do we have a deal?"  He would reach out his hand to shake on the deal.
Iesada Saito
Iesada Saito
Citizen

Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:17 pm
Swishing the last bit of his drink around the bottom of the glass, Iesada cast his gaze at the far side of the bar. People were talking and laughing about simple things. A few people were clearly too drunk to stand up and one man looked like he wanted to be anywhere else at the moment. How the diplomat longed for an easier life, but all the longing in the world couldn't change his reality. His gaze returned to Maku.

"That sounds fair," He accepted the man's hand giving it a firm shake. "However, I have two questions, clarifications really. These two people you want me to meet...do they know you are alive?"

He paused here to allow Maku to respond. Details were important here as a single one out of place ruined the whole plan. A misstep could very well prove fatal and Iesada didn't much plan on dying anytime soon. He had things to do, important things.

"And, when do I leave?"

Hoshigakure wouldn't know what hit it.
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:59 pm
Taking the mans hand he shook it while his smile took over his face.  Shooting the rest of his glass his smile turned from joy to more a crooked grin.  "Well errrr they don't necessarily think I'm dead.  I would say they are under the impression I won't be around anytime soon."  He would say waving his hand slightly.  The man had always been detail oriented and surely wanted more.  "Them think I'm alive is fine, steer the conversation to whatever eventuality they feel like believing.  Whatever is fine with me, converse I know your good at it."

He would wave down the lass and get both their drinks refilled.  "Well mate, id say your gonna leave in about five seconds, but first....." his eyes would swirl to their eternal state and looking into Iesada's the world would transform.  They'd find themselves in a broken down city.  Snow fell, and ice covered the abandoned roads.  First glance would remind one of Yuki, however this was not that place.  It featured more like an industrial scene, but it was the form that Maku's Taukyomi most took when defaulted.  

Peering around Maku would smile and then return to look at Iesada.  "When you snap out you'll forget my speeches, the other missions, all that superfluous stuff.  Best to just relax on that, straining will make it hurt.  No one will break this, but next we see each other..." he'd snap a nearby hanging icecycle.  "The barricades will shatter."  He'd let the icicle fall and by the ground shattering and sending shards scrambling.  "You'll remember be, but only as the leader, my face will be skewed abbot.  Just to throw people off, I think that will be enough, if they go deeper than that you've found yourself in abbot of a pickle."  He would give the man a second to respond, a second to think, and then the memories would start to seal off.  If he relaxed it would be almost calming as certain stressors were eased, if he resisted, well it would probably give him a massive headache as the jutsu pressed away his defenses.

"Errrr last thing......the place I'm sending you is abbot dodging.  The people in charge a bit gruff............just make sure they know I sent you, don't take any shit, and use me comin back if things are wrong like a blunt bat and you should be fine........". With that he'd slap the man on the back and they'd return to the bar, Maku's eyes already sky blue again.  A quick seal and a golden bubble would form around them.  

"One for the money, two for the show, and one to go."  He'd say with a chuckle forcing a full pint into the mans hand.  With a half wave the bubble would implode and with it take Iesada.  The man would find himself in the cellar of one of the brothels that still operated in the seedier district of Hoshi.  Surrounded by men of questionable morals and hygiene.  

In Kumo Maku took a drink starting to feel a nice buzz and started a new song.  Iesada was smart, and Maku had killed most of the smart ones in charge.  Surely he could handle himself............probably.

(Potential exit.)
Iesada Saito
Iesada Saito
Citizen

Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:51 pm
Not dead, check.

Leaving in five seconds? Not check.

"Wait wait wait," Iesada did not meet Maku's gaze as he continued to stare thoughtfully at what was left of his drink. "I still need some stuff from the inn. My diplomatic credentials are vital to this plan. If you drop me in the middle of a village with no identification it would leave me up a creek without a paddle or boat for that matter."

He paused and drained the last of his drink. In his tenure as a diplomat for Yukigakure he had become quite familiar with village bureaucracies and for some reason they didn't like people showing up out of the blue. Strange, right?

In this case, Iesada knew better than Maku. There was a process to be followed and rushing a process never resulted in anything good.

"Accompany me to my room," the bartender gave the pair a strange look having only heard this snippet of conversation. "Let me pack my things and then we can be off. Sound fair?"

Slow and steady wins the race.
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:10 am
"O very well, so prepared.." he would say, his eyes never quite making the shift once Iesada looked away.  He should have known better.  Diving in with little to no real plan was more Maku's strategy than anyone else's.  So it only made sense.  Finishing his drink, he would stand and bow, allowing Iesada to lead the way.  As they made their way away from the bar Maku looked at the bartender and winked "going ugly early tonight Henry, tata "

He did continue to explain that the business was dodgy and the people somewhat gruff as he would have in the genjutsu.  Thus allowing for questioning on this.  Making their way to the diplomats room Maku would look around while he waited for the man to collect his things.  

"Alight, any questions before you go?"  He would ask allowing the man to more formally come to terms with the impending departure.  He hadn't said how they were going so it was possible the man thought they were in for one hell of a walk.
Iesada Saito
Iesada Saito
Citizen

Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:13 pm
Upon returning to the inn, Iesada settled up with the old lady at the front desk before going up to his room. He had already packed everything before going to see Maku so his 'packing' comprised of throwing his tattered traveling cloak on, his overloaded pack over his back, and retrieving his glasses. Just like that he was ready to go. All the documents he required were in his pack, this was going to be fun.

"Yes on last question and a request," he now stood next to Maku once more. "Just to be clear I will remember this conversation as a plea from my long lost leader to get aid for Yukigakure, yes?"

A pause as he took a breath, the request would be harder.

"Could you also plant the idea of there being survivors of Yuki? I'd like to live a happier life for a while."

It was odd. Here was a chance to feel free of much of his guilt. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad?

"Otherwise, that is everything, shall we?"
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:13 pm
Maku looked at the man a little sadly.  His request was one from emotion not logic.  He wasn't sure if he liked the look of it on the mans face, however it was one he could honor.  Such a strange thing, feeling in this way.  It reminded him of different times and different people, but none of that mattered now.  There was only the legacy, and the fight.  No room for the rest.  His voice took on a rarely used somber tone.

"It's an easy bit, to do what you ask.  I could make you think your family was alive, I could make you see them, feel them......but it wouldn't be real Iesada.  When this breaks when you see me again, I have no doubt your pain will be ten fold, but if that is what you want, that's what you'll have.  Look at me, and don't look away..." he would say.  Should Iesada look at him his eyes would swirl to crimson and black, the original tsukyomi world taking form around them.  The same snow covered ruined city.

"You will remember me, asking for help, begging....." he would say and the image would pierce Iesadas mind.  A form of Maku pleading for assistance in the ruined town.  "There will be the chance for survivors......". Iesada would see himself in the wreckage, a trail heading west in front of him.  The signs of those having moved from the wreckage and moved on, absence of his families bodies and missing sentimental objects.  "There is hope........." the whisper would be of his wife's voice in his minds ear.  A wave of calm endured by Maku's genjutsu taking hold of the man.  

"Get me the resources, don't forget my requests.............". That much was engrained hard into his mind.  As though the fate of his family relied on his mission to be a complete success.  In the real world Maku watched the man, he would be reliving the moments of plea and the start of his mission.  He would see himself traveling hard and far the same path Maku had walks to Hoshi.  The golden bubble encompassing him.  The last few details where placed in his subconscious to be retrieved up meeting up with one of the guards.  Who to talk to, what to say, and how to get the capital that Maku had at his disposal in Hoshi.  

A very real pat on the shoulder, and then he was whisked from his Falicy, landing in the landscape outside of Hishigakure.  The village a mile to his south east, this knowledge also held with his mind.  The tsukyomi held strong, requiring someone with not only the same jutsu but strength and knowledge above Maku's in genjutsu to break, a feat he knew none had.  At least none that he knew.  

(Potential exist.   Iesada has knowledge of all of Maku's underhand dealings in Hoshi, who to talk to and where to go, it would just appear like flashbacks, and initiation.  Also blocked all memories of the war, replacing them with the story above)
Iesada Saito
Iesada Saito
Citizen

Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:32 pm
Memory is an interesting thing. Time can eat away at it, feelings taint it, and, apparently, be completely overwritten by a deceivingly simple jutsu. Looking into Maku's eyes, Iesada's world fell away into nothingness. He once again stood on the tundra, his home. All around him neighbors who were once dead sprung back to life, somehow they had lived. He'd traveled to Kumogakure looking for answers and found him, he found Maku.

He remembered the tears in his leader's eyes as he begged for help. He remembered as his heart broke for the man all over again as he agreed to look for he help. He remembered his mission, collect funds for the floundering settlement that had once been the proud village of Yukigakure. He remembered everything, yet all of it was false. It was all false, but he believed it to be real making it all true.

He had a mission again, he had a purpose again, and he--wait?

One second he'd been talking with Maku and the next he was standing in an arid environment that the memories planted by Maku told him was near Hoshigakure.

Maku, the damned trickster, had struck again. At least he didn't have to walk too far, onwards and upwards!

[Exit to Hoshigakure borders, topic closed]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum