Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Late Night Customers!!Today at 3:08 amDaikiAqueous Transmission Yesterday at 7:59 pmDante HyugaTori Jintaro [WIP]Yesterday at 7:16 pmTori JintaroJoro meeting Sephy!!Yesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaAn Unruly Situation; Unrest SurgesYesterday at 1:33 pmShiro HyugaA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Yesterday at 1:32 pmShiro HyugaA Ghost! Where?Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:49 pmJoro ShokkuMerchant MonsterTue Apr 30, 2024 7:32 pmReitenFar Away Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:57 pmReiten
Top posting users this month
12 Posts - 57%
5 Posts - 24%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Baliquis
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 500

The Hour of the Wolf [P, W/Ken] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Hour of the Wolf [P, W/Ken]

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:29 pm
As her summon watched quietly while her last-resort attack upon the much more experienced shinobi failed, as the other male moved out of the way and completely evaded her. Perhaps that’s what was wrong with this tactic that she hadn’t realized before; the unchangeable trajectory of her tactic. Even if Kenshin had dodged it himself, she landed safely between him and the dragon. Her freedom of movement was extremely short-lived between her landing and Kenshin’s deployment of some jutsu that felt like chains wrapped around her limbs tightly to keep her from moving; but glancing downwards, she saw nothing physically binding her. Genevieve moved forward when he released whatever jutsu it was as his voice rang out again.

“That will be enough Genevieve, I have seen all that I needed to” As she thought that he might deny her the chance to learn from him- mentally and silently admitting that her arsenal of techniques was not entirely useful or impressive- She hoped that perhaps she wouldn’t be sent home. And her mental prayer was answered as the words following her train of thought made her feel much more positive; “Your training begins now” And there it was, a moment of joy as Geni smiled to herself with her back to the younger male. Perhaps not the brightest idea for her to do against someone much more battle-ready than she was, but she hoped under his tutelage at this dusk hour of the morning, that she would perhaps be a force to be reckoned with sometime in the future as well. She figured that as long as she was mindful enough to pay attention and not step on his toes or do anything to irritate him, that she would be in the clear; however, that was all hypothetical as long as he didn’t say anything to make her think otherwise.

Congratulations, my young summoner.” The dragon vocalized and craned its neck towards her, nuzzling her proudly, “You did a good job with what you had.” Geni hugged the creature’s scaled muzzle, unabashed by the sharp spines or scaled on it as the dragon’s glowing, toxic-green eyes met her own,

“Thank you, oh, and thank you for helping so well on such short-notice; that was really rude of me, I’m sorry.” Geni apologized and the dragon chuckled, purring a bit as it nuzzled her a bit more, “I should have given you better instructions.”

“Well, I believe I acted accordingly, though you may grace me with such trivial things next time, perhaps.” The Dragon said as it pulled away and ruffled her hair with a claw tip, “You need to be more assertive and bold, like my sons…” The giant reptile have a half-lidded glare to the younger male and grumbled, “And like that shrewd little URCHIN over there.”

[Post WC: 468]

Last edited by Genevieve Oasis on Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Shin
Citizen
Stat Page : Shin
RIP Kenshin

Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 0

The Hour of the Wolf [P, W/Ken] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Hour of the Wolf [P, W/Ken]

Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:03 am
The silver haired teen would turn his head in the direction of Genevieve as he spoke aloud that her training was about to start, she had appeared to be nervous once more as she waited for him to speak but once the words themselves had left his mouth she seemed overjoyed, something that had indeed managed to earn a small smile from him at the thought that she was so excited simply because he had agreed to train her. “Congratulations, my young summoner” the winged leviathan would say as craned its large neck over to her and nuzzled gently, an act that managed to turn the smile on Kenshin’s scarred face into something more akin to a smirk, it looked like his earlier thoughts of the dragon being nothing more than a mother hen towards Genevieve were indeed correct. “You did a good job with what you had” the summon would follow up with just before its summoner hugged its large scaly muzzle “Thank you, oh, and thank you for helping so well on such short-notice; that was really rude of me, I’m sorry” the galaxy haired girl would say, apologising over and over again, something that ended up getting a chuckle from the dragon whose muzzle she was currently attached to. “I should have given you better instructions” she would then say, something that got Kenshin to narrow his eyes slightly, the girl was putting far too much blame on herself, besides, the summon obviously did not need babying in a battle situation based on how well it had reacted to the sudden summoning.

“Well, I believe I acted accordingly, though you may grace me with such trivial things next time, perhaps”  the winged beast would say as it pulled itself out of the girls embrace, before using the end of one of its large talons to ruffle her hair much like a parent would do to its child “You need to be more assertive and bold, like my sons…” the dragon would say, something that the stitched and scarred albino agreed with wholeheartedly. “And that shrewd little URCHIN over there” the dragon would then say while sending a half lidded glare at Kenshin, something that caused a small chuckle to slip from his lips as he looked the beast in the eyes, two sets of unique eyes meeting for the first time since the overly large reptile had been summoned. “I find myself agreeing with the oversized lizard on this one Genevieve” he would say with a smirk on his face, his eyes leaving the dragons as he instead focussed them on Genevieve herself “You should try to be more assertive at times, not only is it a good attitude for a shinobi to possess but you may also find that you enjoy being a little more assertive” he would say with a lighter smirk on his face than the cocky one he had been sending the dragon as he taunted it. “Think on it later, but for now your training begins, if I recall correctly you wished to learn how to use the spider silk technique I used to disable one of the infiltrators in the sewers?” Kenshin would say, although it was more of a question than a statement, just to ensure that is indeed what she wished to learn.

If she answered affirmatively the younger yet more experienced Genin would nod his head affirmatively “Well, the first thing that you must understand is that you cannot create the silk itself from nothing but your chakra, such a feat is impossible as I found out when I first developed the jutsu” he would explain, recalling that time so long ago in the jungles of Waterfall Country, he had first developed the technique after watching a spider catch a butterfly in its web. “In order to create the web yourself you must channel chakra into your glands, and out of all your glands the ones that produce the best results are your salivary glands and your sweat glands, and both glands produce a different type of silk. The Salivary glands produce extremely sticky and viscous silk that is useful for capturing others, as you have seen me use, whereas the sweat glands produce an extremely fine, yet strong silk that is useful for detecting movement in the surrounding area” he would explain, recalling everything that he had discovered while he was experimenting within Waterfall Country. “Now, I have three spider silk techniques in my arsenal, and I plan to teach you how to perform all three of them, the first one is only E-rank, but it extremely useful as it is actually a sensory technique, the second is a D-rank technique that can be used to grab ahold of someone well outside of your regular range, and finally the C-rank technique, you have seen it in action, and it is used mainly to capture opponents” the silver haired teen explain, listing the uses and ranks of the three techniques he planned to teach the older yet more inexperienced Genin.

“Now, the E-rank technique is known as Spider Web Area, what you must do is use the sweat glands at the tips of your fingers to create ten extremely fine webs, one from the tip of each finger, and launch them from the tips of your fingers in order to attach them to various points throughout an area of 10 meters. Any movement in the area will be picked up by your webs, and as the webs vibrate it will give you an idea of how many people are going through the area as well as their locations for the entire time they are within the area, the webs are so fine that only the most eagle eyed person could even hope to detect them” Kenshin would explain patiently, telling her the ins and outs of the technique so that she could use it effectively in the future, and while the technique was not all that useful due to the limited range and the fact that it was all but rendered obsolete by things like chakra sensory he mainly wished for her to learn this to get a good understanding of how to create the webs before giving her one of the harder to learn techniques. “If you believe you understand the technique then give it a try” he would then say, wanting to see if she could get successfully learn the technique with his detailed explanation of the ins and outs of how to create the silk.

If on the other hand Genevieve answered negatively then this entire post would be rendered obsolete and I would be forced to write up another post before the training could actually begin

WC: 1122

(250 words for Genevieve to learn Spider Web Area)
Baliquis
Citizen

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:08 am
“I find myself agreeing with the oversized lizard on this one Genevieve” he would say with a smirk on his face, leaving Genevieve to look at the Nameless One as the dragon tilted it’s head, but Kenshin’s voice brought her attention back to the younger male. “You should try to be more assertive at times, not only is it a good attitude for a shinobi to possess but you may also find that you enjoy being a little more assertive” Kenshin would said with a lighter smirk on his face. Filling her with a mixed sense of relief and embarrassment.Maybe it was something- no it WAS definitely something she needed to work on but now wasn’t the time, she silently assumed.  “Think on it later, but for now your training begins, if I recall correctly you wished to learn how to use the spider silk technique I used to disable one of the infiltrators in the sewers?” Kenshin would say, although it was more of a question than a statement, just to ensure that is indeed what she wished to learn, and she perked up at the mentioning of it before nodding to confirm her interest.

“Yes, I was really interested in that technique, it looked relatively simple.” She managed to vocalize before Kenshin carried on, and she listened as the dragon pushed his nose under her hand; something she absently petted to keep her hands busy. The Dragon didn’t seem to mind and neither did she, but her focus and attention was on the silver-haired teen

“Well, the first thing that you must understand is that you cannot create the silk itself from nothing but your chakra, such a feat is impossible as I found out when I first developed the jutsu” Kenshin explained, “In order to create the web yourself you must channel chakra into your glands, and out of all your glands the ones that produce the best results are your salivary glands and your sweat glands, and both glands produce a different type of silk. The Salivary glands produce extremely sticky and viscous silk that is useful for capturing others, as you have seen me use, whereas the sweat glands produce an extremely fine, yet strong silk that is useful for detecting movement in the surrounding area” He continued, pausing briefly to catch his breath as she continued to listen, “Now, I have three spider silk techniques in my arsenal, and I plan to teach you how to perform all three of them, the first one is only E-rank, but it extremely useful as it is actually a sensory technique, the second is a D-rank technique that can be used to grab ahold of someone well outside of your regular range, and finally the C-rank technique, you have seen it in action, and it is used mainly to capture opponents” He finished, listing the uses and ranks of the three techniques he possibly knew, however she was completely uncertain of that. For all she knew, they could be all the techniques available in that arachnid-themed category they, as Genin, were allowed to learn, but she hadn’t had a chance to look into it at all.

“Now, the E-rank technique is known as Spider Web Area, what you must do is use the sweat glands at the tips of your fingers to create ten extremely fine webs, one from the tip of each finger, and launch them from the tips of your fingers in order to attach them to various points throughout an area of 10 meters. Any movement in the area will be picked up by your webs, and as the webs vibrate it will give you an idea of how many people are going through the area as well as their locations for the entire time they are within the area, the webs are so fine that only the most eagle eyed person could even hope to detect them” Kenshin would explain patiently, “If you believe you understand the technique then give it a try” Genevieve closed her eyes, trying to think of how a spider made its own web before she began to make hers.

They began with a single thread, slinking down it before using their own gradual momentum to swing to another point and make the sturdy lines that would support their webs; the foundations. Then they world by connecting them from there, and while a spider had their spinnerette, she needed to use her sweat glands from her hands. She pulled her hands off the Dragon’s scaled head, and brought them close to her face, trying to debate silently and mentally on how to detect the sweat glands in her fingertips- but then it came to her. If she sweat out of them, then she might have a chance to feel them if she blew on them; similar to the same concept as when someone could cry, but still feel air on their eye if someone blew on it while it was open. Geni blew on her fingertips to locate her own sweat glands between the ridges and bumps of her finger pads, and when she realized where they were, she focused. Her body was water and so was her chakra- so she imagined it rushing forward and through her fingertips, turning into intricately formed, silky threads, as soon as the air touched it and she opened her eyes only to flare out to her left hand to her left; sending 5 silky threads into the sparse rock formations to the left of all three of them. Encouraged by the technique coming to fruition, at a speed of 20, Geni repeated the process and actions with her right hand, sending 5 more threads out to the right to latch onto rocks- and a couple to her dragon summon’s wing, neck, and leg. The dragon growled moodily and she frowned, “Sorry-” Then she remembered Kenshin and looked back at him, excitedly to see his reaction, “Did I do it right?”

[WC: 1000]
[Claiming: Spider Web Area (250/250)]
Shin
Citizen
RIP Kenshin

Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:29 pm
The silver haired teen would watch in interest as Genevieve pulled her hand away from her summons nose and instead held it up before her eyes, examining the appendage closely before lightly blowing on it, something that thoroughly confused him as he could not see a reason for such an action. He did not show that confusion outwardly nor did he question her as to what she was trying to accomplish, as in the end she was the one attempting the figure out how to perform the technique that he had just explained to her and he was in no place to judge her on how she went about doing it, for all he knew she may have figured out another way of performing it. A small smile would find its way onto his face as she flared her left hand out to the left of her, and as she did so 5 extremely thin webs shot from her fingertips and attached to various rocks throughout the area. The would then do the same with her right hand, although this time she ended up attaching most of the threads to her dragon, who did not seem to be very impressed by either the technique or the fact that some of the threads had attached themselves to it. He had to admit, he was a little impressed by the fact that she had picked up the technique so quickly, it seemed that he was indeed correct about the potential he saw within her and all that was required to bring out said potential was a guiding hand, and while he knew he was not going to be that hand he could still help her out a little by guiding her down the right path.

“Sorry” she would say as the dragon gave a growl that Kenshin felt perfectly expressed how it felt at this point in time...and every other points in time, moody. “Did I do it right” Genevieve would ask as she looked towards him in an excited fashion, getting an affirmative nod from the scar faced teen “I am honestly quite impressed that you managed to succeed in your first attempt, you should be proud of yourself” the stitched youth would say honestly. Although at this point the small smile on his face would have begun to morph into something more akin to a challenging smirk “We shall see if you continue to impress” he would challenge, hoping that here is where she would begin to show some more self confidence due to her initial success. “Now, it is time for the D-rank technique, this is called Spider Web Sticking Spit, and as the same implies you change your saliva into the same viscous sticky silk that I described to you earlier. After you have done so you ‘spit’ it at your target, creating a long rope like web that will stick to them, this webbing should be, at most, ten meters in length, as any longer causes it to become flimsy and weak. Once you have hit the target with your webbing you are able to follow up with an attack by swinging them around using the webbing, but I must warn you, your opponent is able to stop this swing if their physical strength is high enough, and another thing is that they can also break the web should they have enough strength.” he would explain, once more explain in great depth what the technique entailed.

“Now, I would like you to attempt this on me, both capturing me with the webbing and the swing, I will not resist as you need to properly understand how to perform this before trying to use this technique in any form of combat.” the heavily scarred albino would say with the same smirk on his face, as he wished to see if she could once more successfully utilise the technique on her very first attempt.

WC: 656

(500 words for Genevieve to learn Spider Web Sticking Spit)
Baliquis
Citizen

Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:15 pm
Geni smiled, getting an affirmative nod from the scar faced teen “I am honestly quite impressed that you managed to succeed in your first attempt, you should be proud of yourself” the stitched youth would say honestly. Although at this point the small smile on his face would have begun to morph into something more akin to a challenging smirk, “We shall see if you continue to impress” Kenshin would challenge, making Geni a little bit nervous, but she continued to give him her full attention to show that she was devoted to learning as long as he was willing to teach. “Now, it is time for the D-rank technique, this is called Spider Web Sticking Spit, and as the same implies you change your saliva into the same viscous sticky silk that I described to you earlier. After you have done so you ‘spit’ it at your target, creating a long rope like web that will stick to them, this webbing should be, at most, ten meters in length, as any longer causes it to become flimsy and weak. Once you have hit the target with your webbing you are able to follow up with an attack by swinging them around using the webbing, but I must warn you, your opponent is able to stop this swing if their physical strength is high enough, and another thing is that they can also break the web should they have enough strength.” The more experienced Genin would explain, once more explain in great depth what the technique entailed. Geni smiled a bit as he did because it was a trait that she very much admired about him; his passion for the workings of the techniques.

“Now, I would like you to attempt this on me, both capturing me with the webbing and the swing, I will not resist as you need to properly understand how to perform this before trying to use this technique in any form of combat.” The heavily scarred albino would say with the same smirk on his face, but it made her uneasy. Not his smirk or his demeanor, just the fact that, not only did she have to make this technique ‘stick’, she had to then swing Kenshin about. He wasn’t much taller than her and much more muscular than she was, but even when he promised to not fight back, these were still indisputable facts. As she was thinking about this, her summon wrinkled and wiggled his nose before clawing at the threads and gnawing at them, to free himself from their grasp as he continued to observe.

Once more, Geni was confident that if she put her mind to it, she could accomplish this task as well as she had accomplished its predecessor; and it was an an uplifting idea. She started to focus her chakra into her salivary glands; pooling it then began to let it seep out into the rest of her mouth, swirling about her tongue in a cocktail of saliva and chakra, that grew into a sticky and tacky concoction. It was a strange sensation and an even stranger taste but she bit back her commentary as she focused on making the technique itself, successful. As she prepared to ‘spit’ this new type of ‘webbing’ at Kenshin, a thought flashed in her mind;

Perhaps if she reinforced it with the thinner webbings she had learned to create from her fingertips, it would help her swing him around.

She pushed the chakra to her fingertips to repeat the process and spit the sticky chakra in her mouth towards Kenshin, igniting the earlier technique and sending the newer threads from her fingertips to combine with the long string shooting of her mouth, in the matter of seconds. As the thread hit Kenshin in the center of his chest, fortifying and becoming a more concrete obstacle as oxygen came into contact with it, Geni cancelled the easier technique on her fingertips and ended the technique generated by her chakra charged saliva. She grabbed a hold of the thread and attempted to pull before her summon intervene by wrapping his tail around the thread, “Allow me, water child.” And the moment she tried to protest was the moment the thread was pulled from her fingers and the dragon swing the younger male into the largest and closest rock formation, carelessly and recklessly smashing him into the base of it with a Speed of 70, coupled with his already high strength of 70, and started laughing and he released the thread. “Stop being mean to him.” Geni huffed as the dragon that continued to laugh and pretended to cower, covering his face with his large claws even as his mocking laughter persisted. He looked at her apathetic but not apologetically, as he vocalized,

“I’m beginning to find a fondness for tossing your little friend about, water daughter.” The dragon chuckled and sneered.

[WC:  817]
[Claiming: Spider Web: Sticking Spit (500/500) ]
Shin
Citizen
RIP Kenshin

Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:52 pm
The silver haired teen would watch in slight interest as Genevieve changed the technique somewhat upon spitting the viscous silk from her mouth, it appeared to him that she had tried to combine this technique with the basic principles of the Spider Web Area in order to increase the strength of the silk itself, sadly such a thing would make no difference to the strength of the silk in the end but still, the fact that she had attempted such a thing was impressive in itself as it showed creativity. As Genevieve grabbed hold of her creation so too did her dragon using its tail, an action that caused the eyes of the scar faced genin to narrow somewhat as he felt he had a good idea of what the legendary creature was about to do. “Allow me to, water child” the winged leviathan would say as it did exactly what Kenshin expected it to do, take the webbing from Genevieve and launch him into yet another nearby rock formation, and much like the first time that the scaled beast had sent him flying one of the rock formations within the training grounds Kenshin was completely uninjured, the dragon just did not have enough physical strength to actually hurt him, but that didn’t mean the antics of the beast did not annoy him. Once more the albino would give an annoyed grunt as he pushed himself free from the pile of rubble that he had been buried in, the impact of his body on the stone having shattered it and literally buried him underneath a layer of broken and crushed stone.

As the annoyed albino pushed himself free from the makeshift grave he had been buried in he was met with the sound of the dragons laughter, something that irritate him a lot more than he would care to admit, but if the winged beast assumed that he would simply take its annoying antics lying down then it had another thing coming. Once more Kenshin sent the dragon a deadpan look as he brushed off the new layer of crushed rock and sand that covered his body “Really?” he would ask in a clearly disinterested tone “I was unimpressed the first time dragon, and nothing has changed since then” the albino would then say, a small smirk making its way onto his face as he looked the dragon right in the eyes. “You are simply not strong enough to injure me” he would finally say, his hands forming the ram seal at a speed of 85 before he vanished in a blur of pure speed, appearing a single meter in front of the dragon at a speed of 175, a speed that the dragon would simply be unable to follow and thus rendering it impossible for the dragon to react properly. What happened next happened much slower by comparison, but due to the dragons massive size and the fact that it was still laying down it would be unable to properly react to it nonetheless, at a speed of 50 countless black threads burst forth from Kenshin’s body, each of them poised to strike the dragon but not moving all the same, his point here was not to harm the winged beast, but to warn it not to trifle with him lightly, as he would not stand for it. “The same cannot be said for me on the other hand...as your tail proves I can indeed hurt you...do not give me a reason to” he would simply say, before once more withdrawing his threads into his body.

With that unpleasantness out of the way the scar faced teen would turn to face Genevieve once more “I apologize for that rather unpleasant display” he would say, referring of course to the threat he had directed towards her summon. “Now, despite the dragon being the one to throw me about I believe that it is a simple enough concept for you to grasp, it is just using brute strength to throw someone about after all” the scarred albino would say with a small smirk on his face. “Onto the third and final spider silk technique in my arsenal, this is a C-rank technique known as the Spider Web Flower, and out of all of the spider web techniques I have taught you so far this one is the most effective. This is the technique you witnessed me using within the sewers, the one that I used to create the nets of webbing that allowed me to capture the weaker of the two. Now in practice this technique is actually very similar to the Spider Web Sticking Spit, except rather than simply spitting the webbing at the you must chew it a little first, doing so shapes the webbing it from a simple rope-like webbing into an intricate net-like spider web, and due to the structure of the webbing it ends up being a lot more durable than its D-rank counterpart” the heavily stitched youth would explain in detail, knowing that in order for her to properly use the technique he would have to explain it correctly. “Believe me when I say while this does indeed sound rather complicated it is in fact a lot easier in practice, and while it may take you a little longer than the others to actually learn and perform the technique after you spend some time working on your proficiency with the technique you should find yourself able to cast it as if it were second nature.” the more experienced genin would say with an encouraging smile on his face.

“Now go on, give it a try”

WC: 942

(1000 words for Genevieve to learn Spider Web Flower
Baliquis
Citizen

Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:00 am
Geni was not pleased at all with her more-than-obnoxious summon tossing Kenshin about- but it seemed it was mutual, “Really?” Her peer asked of her summon in a clearly disinterested tone “I was unimpressed the first time dragon, and nothing has changed since then” Kenshin would then say, a small smirk making its way onto his face as he looked the dragon right in the eyes. “You are simply not strong enough to injure me” Before Geni could interject to defend her summon’s actions in some way he was already using a show of strength to defend himself and perhaps his honor against the unruly summon. He produced black threads to make a thread of fatality upon the scaled leviathan which only gurgled a chuckle as he warned, “The same cannot be said for me on the other hand...as your tail proves I can indeed hurt you...do not give me a reason to” Though would say it simply, it help its powerful intent, before Kenshin was once more withdrawing his threads into his body. He had landed a meter to Geni’s right, and the Dragon grinned as her peer turned to her to continue their lesson,

“I apologize for that rather unpleasant display”  Kenshin said, referring of course to the threat he had directed towards her summon, and Geni gave him a smile to show she was unaffected by him defending himself against her summon’s torment. “Now, despite the dragon being the one to throw me about I believe that it is a simple enough concept for you to grasp, it is just using brute strength to throw someone about after all” Kenshin would say, with a small smirk on his face. “Onto the third and final spider silk technique in my arsenal, this is a C-rank technique known as the Spider Web Flower, and out of all of the spider web techniques I have taught you so far this one is the most effective. This is the technique you witnessed me using within the sewers, the one that I used to create the nets of webbing that allowed me to capture the weaker of the two. Now in practice this technique is actually very similar to the Spider Web Sticking Spit, except rather than simply spitting the webbing at the you must chew it a little first, doing so shapes the webbing it from a simple rope-like webbing into an intricate net-like spider web, and due to the structure of the webbing it ends up being a lot more durable than its D-rank counterpart” The heavily stitched youth would explain in detail, knowing that in order for her to properly use the technique he would have to explain it correctly. It was something that Geni greatly appreciated him putting the time into so that she understood her task to the fullest.  “Believe me when I say while this does indeed sound rather complicated it is in fact a lot easier in practice, and while it may take you a little longer than the others to actually learn and perform the technique after you spend some time working on your proficiency with the technique you should find yourself able to cast it as if it were second nature.” The more experienced genin would say with an encouraging smile on his face. “Now go on, give it a try”

Indeed, Geni was encouraged to try this technique as well and paid close attention to Kenshin- trying to to intensely focus on his lips- but to the words he spoke. She had been doing very well and she wanted to keep up this pattern. She turned to her summon that looked at her and tilted its head when it looked at her, “I’m going to practice this technique on you, Sempai, so please excuse me.” Geni vocalized and the dragon grunted disagreeable before she smiled, “You’ve been pretty rude and noisy.” She said, quickly putting chakra back into her salivary glands and saliva again, filling the area under her tongue and around it with more sticky webbing- but instead, began to chew it. As the Dragon’s lip curled upwards to deny her well-pointed out accusation, Geni spat this new technique at the reptile’s snout. The web came out a bit thick on the ends, but did the trick as it wrapped around the dragon’s muzzle and tightly closed it; the thickened ends acting as weights that spun around his  mouth to ensure and solidify the fact that it was creating a vice grip to keep him quiet. As the Dragon began to growl and aggressively try to shake of this web, Geni tried once more at this technique and chewed her spider’s silk in her mouth and assaulted the summon once more to be the subject of her training this technique, by sending another web at him. This one, however shot out and was perfectly made- and latched onto the dragon’s wing, binding it to the rest of the wing’s bones and joints. The dragon hissed and tried to force his captured wing open, only to have it snap against him and stick to his side as the leviathan growled in annoyance. “Stop moving, Sempai, you’re making it worse-” She said that and Nameless got to his feet and continued to fuss and try to open either his jaws or wing, until eventually trying to try the spider webs off with the tip of his wing; only to be stuck to his wing instead. “Sempai-” Geni voiced as he continued to struggle before falling over and writhing in the sand as he violently tried to alleviate himself of the webs. She walked over and touched the webs; closing her eyes and waited for the beast to calm down and still himself, before she began to add chakra to the webbings. Overloading it, the webbing began to disperse from his wing and from the tip of his other wing- however, she did not do it to his muzzle and she smiled. “Perhaps if Sempai had been a bit nicer, but maybe later.”

[WC: 1,011]
[Claiming: Spider Web Flower (1000/1000) ]
Shin
Citizen
RIP Kenshin

Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:03 am
Kenshin would raise a silver brow as he watched Genevieve almost immediately turn away from him in order to face the winged beast that was her summon “I’m going to practice this technique on you, Sempai, so please excuse me” he would hear the galaxy haired girl say, something that brought the smallest of smirks to his face as the dragon gave small grunt of disagreement. “You’ve been pretty rude and noisy” the silver haired teen would hear her say, unable to see the small smile that had appeared on her face as she had said those words, he was however able to see that the scaled leviathan was about to attempt to refute her statement, however before even a single word could leave its mouth a small net of sticky silk sealed the orifice shut. This caused a small chuckle to escape from between the lips of the albino, it would be quite obvious to anybody in the area that he was thoroughly amused by the entire situation, but what put the icing on the cake for him was the dragons muffled growls as it tried and failed to shake the webbing off of its snout.He found himself even more amused when Genevieve then launched another one, this time aiming the webbing at the scaled beasts massive wings, something that caused the beast to release a hiss and begin thrashing even harder in a vain attempt to shake the webbing off, something that would not work no matter how hard it tried due to the adhesive properties that the web naturally possessed.

With a smirk on his face the scar faced teen would walk over to the still thrashing form of the dragon and grab hold of the webbing on the beasts wing, before using his relatively high strength to tear the webbing free from the body of the massive scaled beast (Power of the Spider Web Flower would be 35 due to scaling, Kenshin himself possesses 40 strength, and is thus able to tear the webbing using strength alone). “While it is indeed more durable than the Spider Web Sticking Spit the Spider Web Flower still possesses the same weaknesses, if one is strong enough they are able to tear the webbing” he would say, emphasizing this by casually flicking away the remnants of the chakra constructs. “You must keep in mind both the strengths and the weaknesses of all the techniques you have in your arsenal in order to make the best use of them in a battle situation, for example, the spider silk techniques I have just taught you, they are very useful against lower level opponents as more often than not they will not possess adequate strength or the right skills to break the webbing. However against higher level opponents, or even those with high levels of physical strength, the techniques are nothing more than a waste of chakra” the albino would explain, trying to get teach Genevieve a very important lesson about jutsu, that no matter how weak or powerful a technique may seem upon first glance there will always be a time and place where they would end up proving to be either useful or useless.

“Now I believe congratulations are in order, you have now learnt all of the spider silk techniques within my jutsu arsenal, which I believe was the entire reason behind this training session” the stitched albino would say with a small smile on his face, as he was more than a little impressed with the raw talent possessed by Genevieve. “I am willing to teach you more if you would like to continue learning?” he would then offer, awaiting an answer from the less experienced Genin, should she decline the offer he would give a small frown and nod once “Very well, the offer is open should you change your mind” he would then say, giving one last nod before making his way to one of the other training grounds, as this one was in less than ideal conditions due to the dragon. On the other hand if Genevieve actually accepted his offer for more training he would give a small smile and nod “It seems that you possess initiative, good, initiative is a necessary trait for a shinobi, or at least for a shinobi that plans on living” the stitched and scarred albino would say, a little of his natural cynicism coming to the surface. “Now, the next technique I will be teaching you is a Genjutsu known as the Mist Servant technique, I used it in our spar earlier, not on you but on the dragon, the technique confuses the senses of its victim, specifically their eyesight, as it makes them see multiple copies of the caster. These illusions appear to be normal clones to the victim and as such they will usually begin attacking them, but that is exactly what the technique's creator had intended, for every time one of the illusions is attacked and destroyed 2 more take its place, effectively causing the victim to use all of their chakra and stamina attacking nothing more than illusions.” the more experienced genin would explain

“I am going to assume you already know how to perform Genjutsu, even if only in theory, and I want you to attempt to perform the technique upon me, I will then inform you on whether or not you have managed to successfully perform the technique”

WC: 906

(500 words for Genevieve to learn Mist Servant)
Baliquis
Citizen

Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:15 am
With a smirk on his face, Kenshin would walk over to the still thrashing form of the dragon and grab hold of the webbing on the beasts wing while Geni watched, before using his strength to tear the webbing free from the body of the massive scaled beast while she watched. The dragon not entirely ungrateful nor grateful, but he didn’t use the opportunity to attack Kenshin so it seemed that his summoner’s message rang clear to him. He stood up long enough to shake off the sand and dirt he had accumulated from his tossing about, pretending to be trapped to encourage his less-than-confident summoner that her technique had caused him some trouble when it had not, before laying back down and watching; it would be beneficial to the both of them if he knew what moves she had in her arsenal as well. “While it is indeed more durable than the Spider Web Sticking Spit the Spider Web Flower still possesses the same weaknesses, if one is strong enough they are able to tear the webbing.” Kenshin would say, emphasizing this by casually flicking away the remnants of the chakra constructs while she paid attention. “You must keep in mind both the strengths and the weaknesses of all the techniques you have in your arsenal in order to make the best use of them in a battle situation, for example, the spider silk techniques I have just taught you, they are very useful against lower level opponents as more often than not they will not possess adequate strength or the right skills to break the webbing. However against higher level opponents, or even those with high levels of physical strength, the techniques are nothing more than a waste of chakra.” The pale-skinned hoshi-nin would explain, trying to get teach her a very important lesson about jutsu which rang clear to her;  that no matter how weak or powerful a technique may seem upon first glance, there will always be a time and place where they would end up proving to be either useful or useless.

“Now, I believe congratulations are in order; You have now learned all of the spider silk techniques within my jutsu arsenal, which I believe was the entire reason behind this training session.” The stitched albino would say with a small smile on his face, making her smile for the simple reason that she was smiling at her, as he seemed more than a little impressed with the raw talent apparently possessed by her. All an assumption of course, as Geni did not consider herself to have a talent, but rather credited her success to the easy-to-understand teaching of her helpful peer. “I am willing to teach you more if you would like to continue learning?” Kenshin would then offer, awaiting an answer from Geni- who more than happily agreed to the offer. “It seems that you possess initiative, good initiative is a necessary trait for a shinobi- or at least for a shinobi that plans on living.” The albino-skinned male would say, and Geni listened intently as she had been so that she could continue to make good progress in these lessons. Not for impressions or impressing him, but to ensure her own survival and understanding of the techniques to better her own abilities. “Now, the next technique I will be teaching you is a Genjutsu known as the ‘Mist Servant technique’; I used it in our spar earlier, not on you but on the dragon. The technique confuses the senses of its victim, specifically their eyesight, as it makes them see multiple copies of the caster. These illusions appear to be normal clones to the victim and as such they will usually begin attacking them, but that is exactly what the technique's creator had intended: for every time one of the illusions is attacked and destroyed, 2 more take its place, effectively causing the victim to use all of their chakra and stamina attacking nothing more than illusions.” The more experienced Kenshin would explain, and Geni listened to the explanation of the technique’s attributes; it would be good to get an enemy to drop their guard and it would be a great battle technique to know and have… if she could do it properly.

“I am going to assume you already know how to perform Genjutsu, even if only in theory, and I want you to attempt to perform the technique upon me, I will then inform you on whether or not you have managed to successfully perform the technique.” Kenshin told her and she tried to think about how it would work. She closed her eyes to try and search him mind but found only a vague memory of a conversation she overheard some of academy students one day, when the academy had released them from their school day and Geni was walking home. Overhearing a group of boys discussing their teachings on genjutsu earlier in their lesson- trying to explain it to a classmate who was just as confused as she was now.

“A genjutsu is created when a ninja controls the chakra flow of a target's cerebral nervous system, thereby affecting their five senses; frequently used to create false images and/or trick the body into believing its has experienced physical pain. Genjutsu can also be used to manipulate others - similar to brainwashing - by feeding the victim illusive suggestions.” One of the students had voiced and she had stopped a moment to let some other children pass but continued to listen as another piped into the confused classmate, “Basically, you use your chakra on your enemy, to create illusions in their brain through their nerves into believing they aren’t real- like eye techniques do.”

Now, she opened her eyes to the fight, and summoned chakra to her hands and rushed towards Kenshin at her measly speed of 14, and put her hand on his chest. Perhaps she wouldn’t be too effective in a close fight yet, but then there was the Nameless One to make up for her lack of speed; she just hoped her chakra hitting his chest would ignite the genjutsu successfully.

[WC: 1,025 ]
[ Claiming: Mist Servant Technique (500/ 500) ]
Shin
Citizen
RIP Kenshin

Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:50 pm
As soon as the silver haired genin finished his explanation of the technique he would see Genevieve close her eyes in concentration, he briefly wondered if perhaps she was trying to recall everything that she had learnt of Genjutsu back in the academy when realisation smacked him in the face, she had mentioned earlier that she had been a priestess in training before being all but forced to assimilate into the shinobi style of life. ‘Perhaps she does not even know what a genjutsu is’ he would think to himself as Genevieve’s eyes shot open, and his theory was proven to be at least partially correct when he sensed the former priestess focus her chakra down into her hands, and rather than stop her chakra coated palm from coming into contact with his chest he would allow it to connect, if only to see whether or not she actually got the concept of Genjutsu down. Almost immediately a small smile would make its way onto his face as exactly ten copies of the galaxy haired girl slunk out of the surroundings, three of them had come from the sand, four had come out of various rocks around the area and three more had actually slunk out of various points in her massive summons body, the sight of which caused a very light chuckle to escape from between the pale lips of the albino. “Well Genevieve, despite the unusual way in which you got your chakra into my body the Genjutsu itself is working quite well, right now I can see exactly ten clones, all of which are walking towards me slowly” Kenshin would say as he swung his right hand out at a speed of 75, the hit itself had next to no strength behind it (1 strength) but the fist still sailed effortlessly through the body of one of the illusory clones that had reached him.

The hand had simply sailed straight through the torso of the illusion and caused its torso to burst as if it had been made from water, but rather than simply fading away the partially destroyed body of the clone split in two, his hit had successfully destroyed the illusory clone but due to the effects of the Mist Servant technique he saw two more illusory copies form from the broken body of the other ‘clone’. “Your execution of the technique itself was flawless, congratulations, but the way in which you initiated the technique was definitely not, I would highly suggest you go to the library and read up further on Genjutsu and how it is performed” the silver haired teen would say as he formed the Tiger hand seal and made his chakra flow rapidly throughout his body, and thus breaking the hold that Genevieve had over the flow of his chakra. The silver haired teen would continue to mess with the flow of his chakra even as he released the Tiger hand seal, so far he was able to control the flow and speed it up somewhat, but not enough, what he wanted to do was be able to perform the Genjutsu Release without having to form the Tiger hand seal first, although learning how to perform such a feat was easier said than done. “Now, the next technique I will be teaching you is known as the Mark Seal, this technique is rather interesting because while it has no true offensive or defensive capabilities I still consider it to be one of the most useful techniques within my arsenal. This technique had no hand seals and can be placed on someone with even the slightest of touches, once applied the seal is visible to the naked eye for a few seconds as a tiny black dot on their skin, but once those seconds have passed the seal will become completely invisible to the naked eye and is only able to be spotted via some form of chakra vision if they look close enough.” he would explain, detailing to Genevieve the reasons that out of all the techniques within his arsenal this was one of the ones he considered to be the best, even if it was only an E-rank technique.

“To make things even better even should someone with chakra vision see the mark they will have no idea what it actually is unless they specialize specifically in Fuinjutsu, and even should they do that it is unlikely they will be able to recognize the seal unless they themselves are able to perform it due to just how small it is. One reason I am teaching you specifically this technique is because of that” the scar faced genin would say as he pointed directly at the purple leviathan lazing around behind her “The Mark Seal is able to be combined with the Summoning Technique and allows you to summon the very people whom you have marked” the silver haired teen would say simply, not bothering to explain to Genevieve just why having such an ability would be useful in combat, as he felt that the benefits should be clear even without him explaining. “Now, if you consent I would like to place a Mark Seal on you” he would then say with a small smile on his face “The reason for this is both to demonstrate just how the techniques works to you and so that I have a way to monitor whether you are alive or dead, as the seal itself will fade when you die, and while I would indeed be saddened should you die I would rather know” he would then say, dropping the proverbial bombshell by revealing that he did care enough about her that he would be somewhat saddened by her death, but then again at this point in time the same could be said for most of the shinobi that he had met within Hoshi.

Should Genevieve agree and give Kenshin permission to place a Mark Seal on her he would give a small nod and extend his right arm towards her, he would then extend a single finger and simply tap her on the back of her left hand with said finger, for a few seconds a tiny black dot would be visible in the exact spot that hi finger had touched, before it simply faded away. Should she not consent to the seal then a small frown would come onto the scarred face of the albino as he gave a nod of understanding

WC: 1080

375 words towards Genjutsu Release Mastery, Claiming (25% discount for max stats)

(250 words for Genevieve to learn Mark Seal)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum