Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Tea Appreciation WeekToday at 3:13 pmShiru IyasuKFC Meet & GreetToday at 1:30 pmHibiki SatoLate Night Customers!!Today at 11:44 amDaikiRandom E-Rank MissionToday at 11:24 amIchigo SatoKasumi YamanakaToday at 9:46 amIchigo SatoCan I have the pancakes, with a side of murder?Yesterday at 4:35 pmMarabelle BlossomTenka ChinokeYesterday at 2:30 pmMarabelle BlossomStorm Talon StyleYesterday at 11:11 amIchigo SatoThe Blade of Moon and The Aspiring Swordsman Yesterday at 10:36 amAzuki ShinodaDeath's WhisperYesterday at 10:32 amAzuki Shinoda
Top posting users this month
220 Posts - 41%
81 Posts - 15%
80 Posts - 15%
38 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 7%
30 Posts - 6%
20 Posts - 4%
15 Posts - 3%
12 Posts - 2%
10 Posts - 2%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Typhon Sepsus
Typhon Sepsus
Genin
Genin
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Link
Remove Taijutsu Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Earth Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 145700

Claw vs Claw? (Spar) Empty Claw vs Claw? (Spar)

Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:08 pm
Life lately really wanted to show Typhon how much room he had to improve as a shinobi. He was basically useless when it came to defending the village, and he was blown away by what some of the Nova candidates were capable of. His drive to get stronger had recently been propelling the genin through intense training and he was starting to feel ready to give his skills a real test. Usually these bursts of confidence would be punished by Yamato and a painful dose of realism, but each time he got beaten down Ty would feel more motivated to win the next time.

Today was feeling like one of those days and so he grabbed his new clawed guantlet and headed out in search of his squad leader. The only problem was, Typhon couldn't seem to find Yamato to challenge the Jonin to a fight. He didn't get fired up like this often and didn't want to waste the energy. His best bet would be to head on down to the training grounds and look for an opponent there. There was usually a wealth of strong shinobi working out there and so he figured it would be worth a shot.

Walking around Ty would see a couple pairs already throwing hands with each other. It seemed sparring was popular at the moment. He would find an open area and start to warm up with some calisthenics while he scanned the area looking for a good opponent to challenge. If he wanted to see the results of his physical training, it wouldn't make much sense to clash with someone like morio who would crush Ty from afar. He would start to work up a sweat as he looked for a familiar face among the ninjas in the area.

(WC 298)
Sebastian Loghain
Sebastian Loghain
Citizen
Stat Page : Loghain's Stats
Remove Taijutsu Iryōjutsu Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Sensory
Ryo : 0

Claw vs Claw? (Spar) Empty Re: Claw vs Claw? (Spar)

Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:27 pm
It was an unusual day, the wolf deciding to brush up on his training. He had been so focused as of late on various other things that his physical conditioning hadn't been up to his typical standards. Sure, he was still fit and in perfectly fine fighting shape... but he didn't want to allow himself to get soft or worse lazy. 

Finding himself in the training grounds, the man looked around for a proper training partner that could help him get in a proper work out. Glancing around he found a variety of folks working on various things, but most seemed too focused on what they were doing and he didn't seek to interrupt their training. Plus, despite his 'status' as a village Jounin, he didn't know everyone in the village as much as he felt like he probably should. Of course, nothing stated that a Jounin must know every villager. The wolf simply allowed his superiors to assign him adequate comrades for any given task. 

It wouldn't be too long before a familiar face was seen, and the man didn't have anyone that he was already practicing with. Perhaps a streak of good luck? Loghain would approach and offer a friendly wave. "Good to see you here. Looking to get some training in?" It was a bit of a moot question, as all shinobi really came to the training grounds for exactly that. Still, it opened up the dialogue to see what Typhon was looking to get out of his training today. "If you'd like, I'll train with you."

Loghain would stretch a bit, waiting to see how his friend would respond. 

wc:273
Typhon Sepsus
Typhon Sepsus
Genin
Genin
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:54 pm
Ty found himself in the middle of a set of crunches when he heard a familiar voice calling out to him. It was someone he considered a friend at this point, despite the air of mystery around the man, Sebastian Loghain. To the young genin this was a stroke of luck. He couldnt think of a better practice partner than someone who actively took part in the recent defense of the village. If he wanted a real test of his improvement then he needed to challenge these strong opponents.

"Hey! It's good to see you. Glad that you're looking well after recent events." Typhon would consciously reach out his gloved hand to shake. He was still working on allowing himself to act normal around his comrades. "I am looking for someone to train with, but..." He would pause and stand up straight, looking Sebastian in the eyes.

"I'm looking for someone to go all out with right now and I know that's a tall ask but I'd be really grateful if you would fight me without holding back." He realized it was not something to ask lightly. Realistically he was asking a friend to either seriously injure him, or to get seriously injured. The likely outcome would be some amount of both. "We're both trained medics and this training area alone is probably filled with medical ninja. I really want to test how far I've come in the past year and if I get hurt so be it."

He would pull off his gloves as he spoke and drop them on the ground. "But my real problem is being afraid of hurting others. I've lived my whole life avoiding others so they wouldn't get hurt by my disease. But if anyone can take it, I think it'd be you." As he finished talking Ty would unhook his mask and let it fall to his feet. The finishing touch in getting ready for combat was his newly crafted weapon. A metal glove with clawed fingertips. A gift from old man Jaeger for improving as a blacksmith's apprentice.

"So whatdya say?"

(WC 349)
(TWC 647)
Sebastian Loghain
Sebastian Loghain
Citizen

Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:59 pm
Typhon greeted the wolf with compassion and kindness, mentioning that it was good to see him after recent events. It took a moment to sink in exactly what it was that Typhon was talking about, but once he realized he would scratch his head unsure of how to really respond. "The role I played was very small in the grand scheme of the battle, but your concern is appreciated all the same. I was mostly there in a supporting capacity." There was clear unease on the face of the wolf as he spoke of these matters, doubt having slowly crept into his mind as to his true value to the village and its protection. 

When the hand was presented, Loghain would offer his own to shake. A sign of respect between the pair. It was on this foundation of respect that Typhon would build his case for a training session. Usually the wolf was more than happy to assist any of his allies with their training if he was able to, but he didn't have the greatest grasp on ninjutsu or traditional shinobi techniques. Despite being a Jounin for his efforts to defend the village, he still had a great deal of techniques and styles that he needed to better verse himself in. 

"You are right, Typhon. What you ask for is..." The wolf would pause, contemplating it once more, "Well, it is a lot to ask. Especially considering that I am unfamiliar with your combat prowess." Maybe other more formally trained shinobi could go all out against one another, but most didn't suffer from issues controlling their rage and bloodlust as those of Lycan descent typically did. There was a very real chance that serious injury could occur if he lost control even for a moment... but if anything it could be seen as a stress test of sorts. The wolf's resolve waivered. 

It was then that Typhon built upon his case, making it clear to Loghain that this was not some half baked idea, but a well thought out plan of action. More than anything, though, there was an intensity in the voice of his comrade that resonated with the wolf down to his core. Typhon dropped his mask to the ground along with his gloves, showing his unprotected face. It was an unusual sight, as he had grown accustomed to the young man always having his mask firmly secured to his face. 

Taking a deep breath through his nostrils, Loghain would nod. "So be it. Out of respect for your wishes, I will take this combat training seriously. Just know that despite this, I have no desire to kill you. If for any reason you feel that we need to stop, please make it known to me." And with this said the wolf would take off his shirt and toss it to the ground, revealing an athletic and muscular physique. The man would stretch a bit to limber up, not wishing to pull or tear a muscle in this spar. "I suggest you ready yourself as well." He would say to Typhon, watching to see what his comrade would do.

Unless Typhon launched a surprise offensive during this warm up period, Sebastian would position himself 6 meters from Typhon, "Lets do this!"

wc: 545
Typhon Sepsus
Typhon Sepsus
Genin
Genin
Survived 2021

Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:05 pm
Ty felt a little cheesy pouring his heart out to his friend but if he wanted to grow he needed to get used to moments like this. He was glad to see Loghain agree to his challenge. He had no idea what to expect as Ty had never seen the man fight before, but that worked both ways.

"I know you wouldn't hurt me out of hate. Even if I end up in the hospital there'll be no hard feelings." Typhon would say in response. 

He was a little surprised when his opponent removed his shirt. He could tell Loghain was strong, but Ty didn't expect how toned his muscles looked. He hoped his own speed would be enough to even the odds. 

Loghain would stretch a bit and take a position about 6 meters away from Typhon, leaving the opening move to the genin. He'd quickly assess the area; There was about a 60 meter area of open concrete. There were other pairs sparring but Hoshi shinobi were pretty good about keeping their distance and giving a wide berth when sparring. 

He knew he couldn't afford to just run in and swing on an opponent he doesn't know. He decided to play it kinda safe and test the waters. "Here we go." He would quickly drop to a crouch and form the seals for a technique he hadn't tested in a practical sense yet, he'd dubbed it Creeping Pestilence. As soon as he finished the seals he would touch his palm to the ground and virus particles would start to spread out (to 20 meters) on the ground in all directions around him (100 speed + 100 power)

He would stay low to the ground and watch and see what his opponent would do in response. He'd be ready to react to anything Loghain would throw his way.

(Techniques used)

Creeping Pestilence (A) (100 speed and power) -40 Ap
610 - 40 = 570 AP remaining

+2 infection counters

Stats n such:

(WC 308)
(Twc 955)
Sebastian Loghain
Sebastian Loghain
Citizen

Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:26 pm
So it begins. Typhon immediately moved to a crouched position, rapidly aiming to form seals to generate some sort of technique. He didn't know exactly what his comrade was doing, but Loghain would only take but a moment to assess. He promised to take this seriously, and so he would. Typhon would touch the ground and the wolf would just fling two handfuls of razor sharp shuriken at his adversary as he then moved back from whatever technique Typhon was attempting to launch. Quick and light, backwards steps were taken. It wasn't clear to the wolf what his adversary was doing, but he didn't really want to find out. The speeding shuriken would be aimed at various (nonlethal) parts of his opponent. The wolf wasn't sure exactly what style of combat Typhon specialized in, for they hadn't really ever seen one another fight. It was probably fairly clear where the wolf typically preferred to do his fighting, but from what he has seen so far, he's a good bit faster than Typhon is. He'd stop at a distance of 10 meters away from his opponent, not really seeing anything he expected launching or spreading from Typhon. 

He would wait and assess the situation before making his next moves. He wanted to better understand what it was his opponent was actually doing. The concrete that they found themselves on didn't really react to the contagion in a way that was truly noticeable, though the shuriken turning rust brown was clear as day. Some sort of aging field? No, he spoke of his sickness prior... was this some sort of field of sickness that could decay anything caught within? Impressive. He would have to be careful, as he wasn't sure if his own natural healing capabilities were strong enough to withstand something like that. 

How would Typhon react, and more importantly what would he do next?

Jutsu and stuff:
- Movement actions at max speed (150 speed)
- Lobbing 6 shuriken (75 speed / 75 impact force [sharp])
- +1 Nature Stack from Pureblood Lycan bloodline (not counting the talking posts earlier; 1/6)

Almost Forgot The Stat Page:
Typhon Sepsus
Typhon Sepsus
Genin
Genin
Survived 2021

Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:08 pm
The moment Ty placed his palm on the ground Loghain would jump into action and throw several shuriken towards the genin. They weren't flying too fast, but he had very little time to react. He would quickly raise his right hand and block the first shuriken with his gauntlet and then roll about half a meter to his left to dodge the rest, keeping his eyes locked on his opponent. Loghain seemed to have the physical advantage here which would make Typhon's head on style much less effective. 

The Pestilence crept out and reached it max area while Loghain stood just outside of its range, likely unsure of what the technique would do. This gave Ty a little bit more space to work with, but it also meant there was a bigger gap he needed to close. The field of plague would likely prove ineffective now that his opponent had seen it decay the shuriken he threw. Ty would let his technique end and move on to plan B.

If Ty wasn't fast enough as he is then he would need to get faster. Ty knew if he didn't go all out from the start, he would end up regretting it. He would start to rapidly increase the virus production inside himself. Even though he'd done it many times before in training, he could never get used to the feeling. It was if his blood was boiling and his heart was pounding way faster. As this process began he would also start weaving seals for the technique that allowed him to trade blows with Yamato, his capsid coating. To the untrained eye it would look like a thin, almost translucent layer of chakra surrounding his whole body. Now with adrenaline coursing through him and a coat of toxins protecting him, he was ready to get a little reckless.

Ty wondered if Loghain's senses were keen enough to spot the individual virus particles making up the barrier. Either way he wouldn't give his opponent much time to think. He would take off at a full sprint towards Loghain, intent on closing the gap between them. He'd be prepared to react to anything his foe would do, but should he get within 4 meters of Loghain unimpeded then he would start rapidly spinning while throwing kicks as fast as he could (180 speed/ 110 power)

(WC 393)
(TWC 1348)

All actions done at top speed (100 before activating booster, 180 after activating booster)

(Techs used)

Terminal Velocity -50 AP (+80 speed and strength)
Capsid Coating (A) -40 AP (100 health barrier)
Whirlwind Pirouette Kick (B) -35 AP (110 power + 180 speed)

Total AP used 125
570 - 125 = 445 AP remaining.
Sebastian Loghain
Sebastian Loghain
Citizen

Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:56 pm
Typhon's words didn't ring hollow, he was taking this combat very seriously. An incredibly powerful surge of chakra poured from him and his veins began to turn a sickly dark green color. Was this the sickness that the wolf would regularly catch the scents of from his comrade? Whatever it was, his adversary became all the faster, his formation of hand seals nearly doubling in speed. If the wolf had to guess, right now the canopic might have even been a hair faster than he was. Loghain considered for a moment allowing himself to tap into his own chakra reserves to amplify his physical capabilities. It would be a fairly simple task, but Loghain didn't wish to allow the wolf out to play, instead allowing himself to be forced to see how far he could push his body in its current unaltered state. A thin layer of chakra would quickly form around Typhon's body, coating him completely. It appeared to be a barrier style technique, likely similar to the Medical Barrier he was fairly familiar with. A strong enough barrier would be able to protect him from the most basic of attacks. It was a bit eye opening, as Loghain realized just how heavily he relied on the beast within when it came to combat. It was fine most of the time, for if he was in any sort of real combat it was almost always a fight to the death. That didn't really apply here.

Instead, the man would watch as his adversary approached, Loghain offering little more than an intense look at Typhon at he started to close the gap between them. Despite his words earlier claiming that he had no desire to kill his friend, in this moment he looked upon Typhon as an adversary and the intensity behind the eyes spoke volumes about his own bloody past. If it was a true fight he wanted, so be it. His own battle aura would radiate outward, likely piercing into the mind of the plague stricken canopic approaching. A hulking, bipedal wolf creature seemed to flicker into existence from behind Sebastian. Its crimson eyes would catch the gaze of Typhon and offer a teeth baring snarl, flesh and blood dripping from its mouth before dissipating back into nothingness, the beast held at bay by the very man standing before him. Uneasiness would no doubt spring to life in the man's mind as it was clear to any that the wolf was a bloodthirsty killer and, by extension, so was Loghain (Furious Design power 40/speed 40)

Not directly impeded, Typhon seemed to want to press his assault and got within 4 meters of Loghain before starting to spin and throw a series of kicks. There was a surprising quickness to them, though he was still able to defend from them with relative ease. The series of kicks, despite being blindingly fast didn't quite reach the wolf from his current position, though if Typhon moved closer to try and land any of these kicks, the wolf would simply step back ensuring that none of the attacks reached him, following this process each time Typhon advanced, making certain to lure his opponent (if the man continued to press forward continuously) in a roundabout wide circular movement around the field to avoid being pressured into any more and more narrow spaces. Since the field was an open cement circle, and there were no obstacles this should prove an easy enough task. 

He wondered if Typhon had anything up his sleeve to impede Loghain from this, and without pressing any offense of his own would merely watch and continue to focus on defense, reacting accordingly should Typhon aim to launch some other form of attack at him. 

wc: 625

Jutsu and stuff: 
All movement at maximum speed (150 speed normally, 180 Reflex speed for purely defensive purposes)
1500 AP (starting total)
- 30 AP (Use of Furious Design coupled with Display of Power)
+1 Nature Stack from Pureblood Lycan (2/6)
Display of Power Visual:
Typhon Sepsus
Typhon Sepsus
Genin
Genin
Survived 2021

Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:52 pm
Ty seemed to have miscalculated the distance he'd need to land a hit on Sebastian. His opponent seemed fast enough to keep up with Typhon even in this amped up state. It would probably feel humbling if he wasn't more focused on his veins which felt like they were coursing with lava. Loghain appeared to be keeping just outside of Ty's range and if he wanted to he could probably keep this dance up for longer than the genin. He would need to come at this from a different angle. He could feel an intense aura coming from his opponent and figured a head on approach would only get him hurt.

An idea formed in his mind and he was running out of options so he decided to try and put it into action. He would stop kicking but keep moving towards his opponent ready to block or dodge if need be. During this time he would be forming hand seals yet again, this time only two to perform a simple technique. He would immediately begin to spew green toxic breath towards his opponent in a cone that would extend up to 10 meters in front of Typhon and 10 meters wide (80 speed) Directly afterwards he would form 3 more seals and begin sinking into the ground until he was fully submerged.

From under the ground he would move towards Sebastian and should he be uninterrupted he would ready himself and then spring out from directly underneath his opponent with a punch (60 power 180 speed). Otherwise if Sebastian did something to prevent this from happening he would remain prepared to react. 

(WC 273)
(TWC 1621)

+4 contagion counters ( + another 4 from not keeping track last post)

10 contagion counters

(Techs Used)

terminal velocity -50 upkeep
Capsid Coating -20 upkeep
Minor Coughing Condition  (D) -10
Hiding Like a Mole -20
Rending Drill Fang -20

-120 AP

445-120=325 AP remaining
Sebastian Loghain
Sebastian Loghain
Citizen

Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:37 pm
The barrage of kicks would stop, his opponent shifting tactics. With the incredibly fast weaving of only a few seals and closing, Typhon would blow outwards towards the wolf, a noxious cloud of thick green toxic gas forming. It very much reminded the wolf of the Poison Mist technique that he himself had known. It would seem that Typhon truly was a master of weaponizing his unfortunate bloodline, much like Loghain had been. And if they truly were similar, this toxic gas was likely deadly. Loghain considered just pushing through, the close range between them giving ample opportunity to press the attack, but instead he would focus again on defense. The wolf would backpedal, quickly outpacing the cloud and making sure not to breath it in (or realistically even let it touch him) since he wasn't sure what exactly it could do. He would find himself pulling back a total of 5 meters (Reflex Speed to dodge incoming attack 180). 

Loghain would note exactly what it was that Typhon did here, creating a cloud to hide his actions from the wolf. It was a good move, as when a head on assault would be difficult a ninja could resort to stealth and deception. Even the keen senses he possessed didn't allow for Loghain to see his opponent, though he should still smell him clear as day. Well, until he couldn't that was. Typhon's scent suddenly dissipated, the wolf suddenly uneasy having lost tracking on his adversary. The wolf didn't have a great deal of experience with various techniques, so he wasn't sure exactly what it was that Typhon had done. Perhaps a stealth tech? Or maybe even teleportation of some sort? No, he could rule out teleportation. If Typhon wasn't close enough for the wolf to detect with his keen nose then he was at little risk from any attacks that would be sent his way. No... stealth was far more likely. 

Keeping his wits about him, he'd wait out to see what Typhon was planning. A crack would form in the earth beneath the wolf, the scent of Typhon returning. This was him... or a clone. Either way Loghain was now on the defensive once more. The punch was launched upwards, seemingly aimed at the wolf's upper torso or head. It was unfortunate that this uppercut like motion allowed the wolf a great deal of opportunity. With one quick motion, the wolf would coat his hands in chakra, letting Typhon's attack reach passed his waist before leaning back and thrusting his open hand directly towards and intersection path with Typhon's elbow with intent to strike it with the points of his fingers. It might have been a bit much, but Loghain had no way of knowing how powerful that barrier of Typhon's was and so would strike as hard as he could in this form to test it. He didn't wish to insult his comrade, as they had made promise to one another to take this combat practice seriously. 

If the blow connected and the barrier was not enough to hold back the strike, it would like pierce through the elbow and cause a great deal of damage to the joint to potentially disable the arm, if not entirely remove it from the point of impact down. The toxic cloud was no doubt still approaching, to which the wolf would aim to keep track of and keep avoiding. Should the cloud get within 1 meter of his current position (and his adversary do nothing) he would end up moving once more, this time back another 5 meters. The wolf was prepared for and expecting countermeasures from Typhon though. 

wc: 609

Jutsu and stuff: 
All movement at maximum speed (150 speed normally, 180 Reflex speed for purely defensive purposes)
1470 AP (starting total)
- 100 AP (Nukite Spear Hand power 150, speed 150)
- 20 AP (Chakra Absorption power 35, speed 150)
+1 Nature Stack from Pureblood Lycan (3/6)

New Total: 1350

OoC: Having used Furious Design and Typhon pressed the attack with his kicks, claiming landing of Furious Design debuff to cause -30 speed and -30 chakra for three posts)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum