Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Working With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi HyuugaBreakaway (exit)Yesterday at 8:13 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Yesterday at 5:48 pmMegami KuogaUnknown shinobi leaves Kumo [Village Exit]Yesterday at 1:49 pmHimari HyuugaIchirō Ishitoya (WIP)Yesterday at 9:30 amAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Hikari Hyuuga
Hikari Hyuuga
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : ~Hikari's Stats~
Remove Taijutsu Iryōjutsu Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Byakugan
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 75700

Can I Please Be A Farmer? (Yasahiro) Empty Can I Please Be A Farmer? (Yasahiro)

Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:18 am
Lilac tinted eyes stared in awe at the towering fortress before her. This was the Komekage’s office, and it was where momentarily she would be hopefully attaining acceptance into their shinobi ranks. The small woman had left almost everything behind in order to try and find solace in the village of rice, hoping to start fresh in a smaller town where the people knew not of her past. Here in this peaceful little village she felt she could truly start to free herself of the darkness she had accepted during her path to vengeance, and slowly but surely begin to live again.

She took a deep breath and steeled herself in preparation of what was to come as she opened the doors to the castle and walked through, following down the hallway to what she presumed was the kage’s office. The outer portion of the entrance to the kage chambers was lit by a torch and seemed sturdy yet had a touch of beauty to its feature. Perhaps it was due to this being her first time in an actual castle, but everything about the architecture was a pleasant surprise, even if it would’ve seemed mundane to anyone else. The way they laid the material for the structure as a whole, how safe she began to feel within its walls, and how private it all seemed to be, hidden behind heavy doors and thick walls.

“Hello Komekage-san, my name is Hikari Hyuuga. May I please have a word with you?” Chirped her gentle voice from the other side of the door while at the same time her hand tapped against the frame of it. Hikari gave a light, but loud enough for someone inside the room to hear, knock and waited patiently for a signal to enter. After all, it would be incredibly rude of her to barge into his office unannounced and without an invitation. However, if she didn’t hear a response after about ten minutes had gone by then she would have tried once more before going back to her current place of resistance and trying again another time when they were in the office.

As she waited, she began to nervously fiddle with her fingers and slightly rocked forwards and backwards on her heels. Her long black dress swayed softly at the ends as she shifted, but the top part of her dress, including the slits that stopped about mid-thigh, hardly moved with her body’s motion. Of course, the moment the door swung open all action would cease to transpire due to the sudden shock of the door moving as well as an instinctive reaction to someone popping up.

(WC: 442)
Yasahiro Yagami
Yasahiro Yagami
Citizen
Stat Page : Link
Remove Bukijutsu Fūinjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Ryo : 27500

Can I Please Be A Farmer? (Yasahiro) Empty Re: Can I Please Be A Farmer? (Yasahiro)

Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:20 am
Across
1. Harbormaster's income source?
D O C K I N G B U S I N E S S

4. Duration of employment.
S T I N T

5. Adjustable border.

Adjustable border...adjustable border..adjustable border; three letters with the last one being 'm'. Tapping a pen against his desk, Yasahiro focused intently on the newspaper as if the answer to the crossword could be discerned through a thorough investigation of the page alone. When he found the time, games, puzzles, and other such distractions allowed the Komekage to get away from the stressful business of running a village and fending off Tanbogakure's foes to the south, Zukumiki's forces.

Since the harvest, activity in the village came to a near standstill. Farmers bunkered down for the coming winter storms, merchants moved to warmer climes, and sailors kept to the shore as the sea showed its fangs more and more often as the days grew shorter. Indeed, at times, it seemed the only year-round businesses to turn a profit were the two bars in town. The silver lining of it all: fewer meetings and more time for crosswords, which the samurai couldn't complain too much about.

"Yes," he abandoned the crossword in favor of the soft voice on the other side of his chamber door. "I'll be there in a moment."

Pulling back his hair into a messy topknot and smoothing out his pitch-black hakama, the leader made a poor attempt at tidying both himself and his desk up. Official muster documents, meeting minutes, and requisition orders all littered the table, making a jumbled mess that only the one who created it would likely be able to navigate any time soon. Unfortunately, time was not on his side, so he settled for simply hiding the crossword puzzle beneath a stack of recent academy grades. Though, if one looked closely enough, they would surely spy the half-finished puzzle without too much trouble.

Had he forgotten about an appointment?

"Please, come in and take a seat," he pulled open the door to allow his diminutive guest into the office. "I don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting just yet."

Allowing the door to swing shut behind Hikari, the Komekage returned to his desk and sunk into his chair once more. The Hyuuga name was not one that came up all too often in Tanbogakure. In fact, very few members of any of the great clans made it as far north as the small settlement. Though, recalling his last grisly encounter with the Hyuuga surname, he tended to think that perhaps the village's relative obscurity was for the best.

"So," resting his hands on the desk, he interlaced his fingers. "What can I help you with, Hikari?"
---
WC: 454
TWC: 454
Hikari Hyuuga
Hikari Hyuuga
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Can I Please Be A Farmer? (Yasahiro) Empty Re: Can I Please Be A Farmer? (Yasahiro)

Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:17 am
Her ears perked up at the quiet but firm voice she heard from somewhere far behind the door, telling her they would be there shortly. Hikari straightened her dress and combed her hair down, wanting to make sure she looked presentable in front of the Komekage. After all, she needed to put her best foot forward if she was to get his approval to be a shinobi of his village.

The man in question swung open the door, revealing a towering figure with his hair pulled back into an updo. “Thank you very much, Komekage-san. We have not met before, but it is an honor to make your acquaintance.” She gave the leader a polite bow before walking into his office, her lilac tinted eyes scanning the area before resting upon his desk. There was a chair in front of the wooden frame and piles of paperwork scattered about on top, although she did not stare long enough to see the contents of the papers nor the hidden gem underneath.

Hikari navigated her way to the chair in front of the desk, taking a seat as he sat down across from her. She laid her hands on top of her lap and intertwined her finger tips with one another, and her eyes stared into the dark orbs of the kage. He seemed like a nice person, one who cared for his village and genuinely wanted to help the people he resided over.

“Firstly, I greatly appreciate you meeting with me despite my lack of appointment. Thank you so much for doing so.” She bowed her head and gave him a soft smile before continuing, “I would like to please join the shinobi ranks of Tanbogakure. As you might have noticed, I am not from this village, but have come here to find a safe haven.” Her eyes drifted over to the open window behind the kage, overlooking Tanbogakure. Children could be heard playing in the distance and the sun was shining brilliantly through the glass, illuminating the room on this fine, sunny day. “Your village is peaceful and homely, and I would love to be able to call it my own.”

Her pupil-less eyes moved back to his own, a fiery passion enveloping her lilac orbs. “I’ll do whatever you need of me to prove my intentions are pure and that I have what it takes to fight alongside your fellow warriors.” Her voice was firm and full of resolve, it was clear as day to anyone that she was determined and ready to take on whatever he threw her way.

(WC: 438)
(TWC: 895)
Yasahiro Yagami
Yasahiro Yagami
Citizen

Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:46 pm
The diminutive Hyuuga seemed harmless enough and, more importantly, she sounded earnest in her desire to join Tanbogakure. However, far too many people 'seemed' and 'sounded' just before their actions proved otherwise, especially in the world of shinobi and kunoichi. To be too trusting could lead one to an early grave or something far worse. With Zukumiki's forces constantly poking and prodding at the village's defenses it paid to be a bit cautious, even if it meant sacrificing something in the way of open-armed hospitality.

"I'm flattered you think so highly of our small village," his amber gaze never wavered from the woman. "And I pray that if you do join us that you never have to see a day of true combat; as you've observed we are a peaceful village, and I intend to keep it that way."

He paused, turning the next words over in his head carefully before continuing.

"So, I hope you'll forgive me prying a bit more deeply into your past," he unsteepled his fingers and ran an exploratory hand across his bearded chin. "Tell me about yourself, were you born in Rice Country?"

Knowledge and secrets ran at a premium in the shinobi world. Everyone had something to hide or, if not to hide, something they'd rather not discuss with strangers off the street. Unfortunately, governing a village meant digging into these secrets, half-truths, and empty promises; if he did not know those who called his village home it invited misunderstanding and potential international friction—both things the samurai wished to avoid if at all possible. An up-and-coming village had no business ruffling the feathers of its larger, better-equipped neighbors, not just yet anyway.

A bird flitted by the open window filling the room with a fleeting song.
---
WC: 294
TWC: 748
Hikari Hyuuga
Hikari Hyuuga
Citizen
Survived 2021

Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:36 pm
Amber eyes bore into her as he spoke, as if they were trying to delve deeper to look into her soul. If she had been lying, she felt as if he would’ve been able to see through the facade, but fortunately she meant every word she spoke. She even found herself nodding along to his words as he mentioned that he hoped she never had to see a day of combat if she did join Tanbogakure. Those words sounded like heaven on earth to the beatdown Hyuuga, a small solace to ease her heart from the hardships that war has caused her.

The next words out of his mouth were ones she had anticipated to hear: an explanation of who she was and where she had come from. It would be a lie for her to say she wasn’t worried about how he would react to the winding tale of her life thus far, especially given that she was a missing-nin from a major village and didn’t know if they would be searching for her. She wasn’t sure he would accept after finding out about her past, but she knew keeping it a secret wouldn’t do her any favors either. After all, she was unaccustomed to lying and would probably give herself away anyways, making herself look worse in the process.

She took a deep breath and crossed her right leg over her left, placing her hands in her lap still intertwined, before her quiet voice began, “No sir I was not.” Her gaze drifted to the window where the bird was serenading them as it flew by, a look of longing reflected in her eyes. “I used to call Konohagakure my home, before it became a slave to Kirigakure. Long before the war, the four villages lived together in harmony. But everything changed once Kirigakure attacked…especially for me. My life turned completely upside down after that dreadful day...” A small sigh escaped her lips as she turned her back to the kage and moved her long snowy hair out of the way to reveal the open back of her dress, but more important the magnificent colors tattooed into it.

Spoiler:

“The beautiful white wolf you see on this tattoo is for my brother, Salzem, who was murdered during the war. I spent so many years of my life obsessed with trying to kill the person who stabbed him…” Hikari turned back to look the Komekage in the eyes again, tears threatening to fall from her pupil-less orbs. “Instead of focusing on what he would’ve wanted me to do, I selfishly tried to hurt someone…and in doing so, joined the forces of Kirigakure in order to study under the Mizukage, Xyxer. When he vanished years ago I went into a state of numbness, and wound up being fatally wounded during a mission due to my carelessness… It put me into a coma for months… After I finally awoke I decided to give up on vengeance and live a peaceful life like my brother would have wanted, but staying in Kiri would not have allowed me such a life. So I left and became a missing-nin in search of a new home, a place where I could start over and live a nice, quiet life. That’s when I stumbled upon your village, and instantly I knew this was it.”

Hikari wiped her eyes and then reached into her bag, pulling out two headbands with the village symbols for Kiri and Konoha. She gently placed them on the desk in front of her so the kage could examine them if he wanted. “These are my former headbands, I wasn’t sure what to do with them so I’ve kept them in my possession this entire time…” She nervously fiddled her thumbs in her lap as she waited patiently for his reaction and response to everything she had said. Granted it might take him a little bit to process it all since there was so much information all at once.

(WC: 671)
(TWC: 1,566)
Yasahiro Yagami
Yasahiro Yagami
Citizen

Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:46 am
Click...

Click...

Click...

The clock on the far wall dutifully counted the seconds and filled the silence that followed the Hyuuga woman's story. While not nearly the conversationalist his cousin was, Yasahiro rarely found himself at a loss for words. And yet, the silence persisted as a thousand thoughts swirled about his mind.

The Komekage brought a contemplative finger to his pursed lips.

Loss, revenge, and betrayal, Hikari's story had it all and more—quite a bit more if all her words were to be believed. Xyxer Gyojin, Konohagakure, and Kirigakure; conqueror, conquered, and empire; problem one, problem two, and problem three; any way one sliced it the woman's request became problematic. Housing a fugitive of the Mist Village of all places would only lead to trouble down the road. At best it risked an international incident, while at worst it could spell the erasure of all that Tanbogakure had become.

On the other hand, the woman seemed earnest in her desire to change, something the leader could sympathize with. For better or for worse, the shinobi world abhorred change in its many forms; as things once were so they should be. Those who dared to change either broke the system around them or were broken by it, with little room for a middle ground. For Yasahiro's life to change it took killing a man, his brother, so if he could help someone along the path of change in a more peaceful manner shouldn't he? It would only take a little bit of paperwork, and the Hikari Hyuuga of Kirigakure and Konohagakure would cease to exist, easy as that—only Hikari Hyuuga of Tanbogakure would remain.

Click...

Click...

Click...

"Hikari," his steely tone finally cut through the silence. "You've walked a difficult path, and for that I'm sorry."

His gaze fell to the headband of Kirigakure before him.

"That said, unfortunately, I will not be able to fulfill your request to join Tanbogakure." The leader stood up from his desk and leaned against the sturdy window frame once at his back. From atop his perch in Okada castle, he could see much of the village that a mere year ago only amounted to a few buildings but now numbered dozens upon dozens. "To do so would put everything we've built here at risk, and I cannot trade your short-term peace of mind for the long-term security and reputation of my village. We can ill afford to make international enemies when we have yet to quell the conflict within our very borders."

When it came down to it, the political calculus became simple—the lives of many far outweighed that of a single Hyuuga, no matter the circumstances. The mandate of leadership required one to strip emotion from decisions and ensure the welfare of the masses over the desires of the individual.

"However," his tone softened, and he cast a glance back at the silver-haired woman. "If you are able to reconcile your status with Kirigakure, I would be more than happy to reconsider."

Another pause before the man's better nature got the best of him.

"If you'd like, I can even help plead your case. What do you think?"

His attention returned to the village below them once more. How strange that he now called such a place home. His life in the Land of Iron seemed a lifetime away. Strange how times changed and memories of the past quickly faded, only to be overwritten by a new set. Ten years from now would he even remember this moment?

Click...

Click...

Click...

---
WC: 590
TWC: 1338
Hikari Hyuuga
Hikari Hyuuga
Citizen
Survived 2021

Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:25 am

Hikari Hyuuga

Post WC: 1,018
Total WC: 2,584

AP:

400/400

It was agony sitting in silence after she finished telling her life’s tale, and the kage’s expressionless face did not give her any clues to his reaction. Was he going to kick her out of the village right then and there? Or would he contact Kirigakure and try to receive the bounty for her head instead? A million thoughts like these raced through her head as the quietness dragged on, the only sound echoing through the room being the ticking of the clock somewhere in the room. She was too preoccupied to think or care where the clock was hanging, as it held little importance to the matter at hand.

Her heart felt like it would beat out of her chest at any moment while the duo sat there, facing each other but their minds thousands of feet apart. Her thumbs continued to fiddle with each other as she moved her gaze to glance out the window while he pursed his lips, and for a moment she wanted nothing more than to turn into a bird and soar out through the sky. At least then she would be free from the tense atmosphere growing in the room and didn’t have to hear the answer he would give, even if it somehow was in her favor.

Snowy hair danced through the air as Hikari’s head spun to face the Komekage at the mention of her name, and subconsciously she sucked in a breath of air as she anticipated the next words to leave his mouth. However, instead of rejection came a heartfelt apology for what she had been through. It was the first time someone had heard her story…the first time she had opened up to someone other than Kotsuzui, and they gave her affirmation that the hardships she had endured were as terrible as she had thought them to be. It wasn’t all in her head.

A single tear fell from her lilac tinted eye, streaming down her face unbeknownst to the Hyuuga as she gave a soft, albeit sorrowful, smile to the kage. She could feel the ‘but’ of his staement before he even said the words, her hands gripping themselves tighter than before. Then he hit her with the news that he could not fulfill her request; it was something she fully expected to hear but a part of her had held onto the hope that things would’ve turned out differently. She tried to keep the smile on her face but her eyes reflected how dejected she felt.

The kage stood from his perch at the desk, walking over to the window and peering out at his village. Hikari took a deep breath to help her keep her composure before she too stood and walked over to look out, her eyes watching the farmers till the fields and the children playing out on the dirt roads as she listened to his explanation. She could understand why her request was too much of a burden, knowing that with her name on a bounty meant anyone who knew of the bounty could wreak havoc in the village trying to capture her, and if it wasn’t that then Kiri could send someone to track her down if they hadn’t already. Xyxer had spoken of how he had dealt with traitors before, and she doubted the newest kage was any different in mindset. Some traits were part of the villages and were too hard to eradicate; the mist being bloody and violent seemed to be one such trait.

Just when all hope had been lost, he glanced at her with a ray of light in his words, albeit a dangerous ray. If she could get Kiri to allow her freedom then he would welcome her to his village with open arms; however, she wasn’t sure of how to go about getting that freedom. Hikari wasn’t even sure Kiri had ever even given someone freedom from themselves before, as if was uncommon for a shinobi to transfer villages and even more uncommon for them to do so a second time.

Luck seemed to have pity on the small Hyuuga as the kage added that he would help her plead her case, a sentiment that caused her eyes to widen and her head to yet again swiftly turn fully towards him. For a moment it was her turn to be the one left speechless, the gears in her head in shock that someone who had never met her before would be willing to put their neck out there and help her was a kindness she was quite unaccustomed to. Even back in Konoha it was rare to find someone as kind hearted as he, and they were known for helping out their comrades, hence why they had the will of fire as a motto.

“...I-i cannot thank you enough, Komekage-san. Your kind words and assistance are appreciated more than you might know.” The smile that had unknowingly dropped from her lips came back with a vengeance as she grinned at the taller man and a newfound fire blazed in her eyes. “I accept these terms and will reach out to the new Mizukage to see if we can come to an agreement about my status with Kirigakure.” It took everything she had to not accidentally hug the man in her excitement. “I better get started right away then, wouldn’t want to waste another minute!”

Hikari was not sure if the Komekage wanted to help her through every step of this process or if he wanted to be left alone to write his own letter for the Mizukage and they would regroup before sending the letters off together. It was a new and daunting mission for her to partake in, and she felt as if that could be said for the kage as well, after all having a Missing-nin formally request to join your small village did not seem like it would have been a common occurrence. “Would you prefer that we write our letters separately and meet again after they are done, or would you prefer we write them here together, Komekage-san?”

Yasahiro Yagami
Yasahiro Yagami
Citizen

Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:43 pm
Yasahiro's gaze traced the network of roads that a mere year ago did not exist. They wound this way and that creating a messy maze of urban sprawl across the village until they melted seamlessly into the distant countryside. The village had come so far in so little time, and at times, the leader felt that just about anyone could stand in his spot now and see the same progress—the people of Rice Country were resilient, entrepreneurial, and hungry, they needed no leader.

"Please," he returned his attention to the snowy-haired woman. "Call me Yasahiro, I have no interest in formalities for someone I am about to vouch for."

Titles, honorifics, and proper etiquette all had their place, but it was not here. The typical trappings of power chaffed on the laconic samurai who much preferred one speak their mind rather than dance around under the pretense of custom or convention. An atmosphere of deference and decorum led to, in Yasahiro's opinion, the decay of villages from the inside out, and he had no intention of supporting such an environment in Tanbogakure.

"That said, I think we may be best served by taking some time apart to draft our letters," he took a seat back behind his desk. "I'm not sure about yourself, but I tend to do my best writing alone. I'll write up an introduction and provide a recommendation to your former leader, but I suspect much of the convincing will fall to you as you know your village and its norms far better than I."

Leaning back in his chair, he paused.

"In the interim, I trust you have been able to find lodging?"

The number of inns, hotels, and hostels springing up across the growing village made it hard to believe that one wouldn't be able to find housing without too much trouble. However, on the off chance that Hikari lacked accommodations, the leader had a few places in mind that might do the trick. If nothing else, he hoped to ensure a warm bed, hot meal, and a roof to all who might want it; he would not wish the prospect of roughing it on anyone, even a missing ninja.

WC: 366
TWC: 1704
Hikari Hyuuga
Hikari Hyuuga
Citizen
Survived 2021

Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:15 pm

Hikari Hyuuga

Post WC: 496
Total WC: 3,080

AP:

400/400

Their eyes locked as he requested she drop the honorifics and formalities, giving her his first name to call out instead of his title. It was a request backed by logic, which he himself said to her- he was putting everything he worked for on the line in order to give a letter to the Mizukage; giving his word to another kage about a woman he had only just met, but knew of her entire life. How could she not comply with his simple request when she thought of everything he was doing for her?

She took a seat across from the taller man once more, her leg crossed over the other as she waited for him to finish. Hikari still had only fragments of what she felt would be effective to say against the Mizukage in mind, hoping time apart from everyone would help her focus on what to say. Letters were not things she sent often, as she hardly had anyone left that she was close to enough to write to them about how they are doing or what they have been up to.

Despite all the pressure and unknowns, she felt she was more than ready to leave the chambers and come up with a strong argument for why she should be removed from Kirigakure’s ninja registry without a hunter lying in wait to ambush her. “The argument will be in good hands, I will not let all your hard work go to waste.”

There was a brief pause as the words sunk in, the duo both determined to do their fair share to the best of their abilities and not let the other party down. Yasahiro was the first to break the quietness, reaching out to see if the Hyuuga had a roof over her head. “Fortunately I was able to find a room at one of the inns, Ko-I mean..Yasahiro.” It was still a bit of a challenge to refer to the kage by his first name given how personable it felt. He was sticking his neck out for her without gaining anything worthwhile in return- unless he counts another shinobi in his ranks something worth the risk, although the Hyuuga doubted so. “Thank you for worrying about that… I am honestly surprised you asked, but a happy kind of surprised.”

Her gaze shifted to the window as she worked up the courage to voice the thoughts circling her mind. After taking a deep breath her eyes returned to Yasahiro’s as her soft voice said, ”...If I may be so bold to say… you are a wonderful person, Yasahiro, and not just because you are vouching for me. You have a true heart of gold.” Her cheeks were flushed a light pink hue, embarrassed as to how open she had been. What if he took offense to being called a good person? What if he misunderstood my intentions and thought I was just trying to butter him up?

Yasahiro Yagami
Yasahiro Yagami
Citizen

Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:44 pm
If any truth lay in the rogue kunoichi's words, then black-haired samurai and the snow-topped Hyuuga were certainly a strange pair in the shinobi world. In a world where strength and power meant more than one's moral stance, the leader's heart of gold and the kunoichi's trusting mind were weaknesses to be exploited, not attributes to be lionized. Perhaps one day such a reality could be changed, but it would require, ironically enough, a debt paid in blood to secure anything approximating a permanent peace where such traits might be appreciated.

"You're too kind," he waved off the praise, and his tone sharpened to a professional point. "However, you barely know me, nor I you. It would be wise to defer any such judgment until we're better acquainted."

After all, how could the Hyuuga be certain that she would not one day awake to a world of darkness? The Hyuuga clan's byakugan were legendary the world over, and though the leader despised the practice, many coveted the eyes for their own. A pinch of prudence, the leader thought, might go a long way for the woman before him lest her eyes find their way into a head other than her own.

"That said," his tone softened along with his expression. "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

The Komekage's mind filled with what came next. A few more meetings, a letter to the Mizukage, and then the sleepless nights that followed as he waited for a reply. Perhaps Asahi could be of some assistance? The leader's cousin far outstripped his black-haired counterpart when it came to diplomacy. Though, then again, he did wonder if Asahi's brand of diplomacy really fit with the tenor of what would be required of such a letter.

WC: 294
TWC: 1998
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum