Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Here We GoToday at 2:32 pmAyato HyuugaLife is a HighwayToday at 2:32 pmAyato HyuugaTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Today at 2:32 pmAmikiri GuhinBreakaway (exit)Today at 2:31 pmAyato HyuugaA toughtfull momentToday at 2:30 pmAyato HyuugaSomewhere Out There Today at 2:30 pmAyato HyuugaEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Today at 2:29 pmAyato HyuugaA Dark Mark, The Fourth ShotToday at 2:28 pmAyato HyuugaMeeting the OutsiderToday at 2:28 pmAyato HyuugaOld and NewToday at 2:27 pmAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
261 Posts - 42%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
36 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Glorious Evolution
Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 24500

Of Rice And Men [P] Empty Of Rice And Men [P]

Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:24 pm
Missions:

A field ruined by wind rain, and lightning. Animals sick and traumatized, animals that escaped their stable. A small, handbuilt home now annihilated. A home that still looked underwater with the amount of it the wood was holding. Breaks and tears every few inches on its body. Windows almost completely shattered. A door blasted in by the wind. An old couple wearing multiple layers of torn, old, stale clothing; trying to cheer each other up, cooking some sort of soup in a cauldron a few feet away from the wreckage. And of course, in the middle of this all, a young man wearing a shiny white suit with the greenish-blue fur of whatever exotic animal across his jacket's chest area. A man with long blonde hair that has been straightened for half an hour before he left his house to report for this duty. A man that took his time getting here, choosing the cleaner streets to walk through, avoiding any person that looked like they might ask for help that isn't official, paying, shinobi business. A man who had thrown in a hat on top of his head for a change, that might have been befitting snowy weather, and not the sunny day after a storm had settled. 

Yamato's eyes were locked in the direction of the village, not far away, where civilization awaited him. Being this far away from a 'packed' (by his recent standards of small villages anyway) residential area was still uncomfortable. Regrets of leaving the major cities Yamato had resided in previously came and went in waves. Although Suna, a desert city, he did not miss. It was even worse than the muddiest of farmsteads. The sand... It was coarse and rough, and it went everywhere. He couldn't wait until Tanbogakure, and hopefully the Rice Country as a whole after it, was covered in concrete and pavement.

"Uh. Y-you sure anyone else is coming?" the voice of the old man stirring the cauldron broke through Yamato's thoughts. Yamato sighed, as silently as he could. There was not a chance he was going to work on a roof, do handiwork like some kind of peasant, by himself. He fixed his posture and rebalanced. "I am positive." he answered in a calm, monotone voice. "I made sure more people had- Have... Signed for this job. Multiple, I'm sure. At least four or five.". The woman chuckled, "Wow that's almost the entire town.". She said it sincerely and in a loving manner, but the sentence sent shivers down Yamato's spine. He hated this feeling. He tied himself, for better or worse, to the betterment of this town for the foreseeable future. He was Tanbo, Tanbo was him. To see Tanbo be this weak, and this accepting of that fact at every corner of the village... It angered him. "Hear that, Davey? We must be the leader's favourite or something.". Yamato put on a smile and made it look as sincere as possible. "You must be." he answered. After a few seconds of silence, he turned his hopeful (and worried) gaze back towards the village's borders.

[WC: 516]

Last edited by Yamato Tanaka on Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made edits with Shichiro's permission)
Shichiro Hashimoto
Shichiro Hashimoto
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Mi Stats
Remove Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Default
Ryo : 35000

Of Rice And Men [P] Empty Re: Of Rice And Men [P]

Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:33 am
Shichiro sat on a bench across the street from his newly acquired warehouse, staring at it and envisioning the grocery store it would soon become. He’d chosen a good location, and with a bit of paint, and some remodeling the store would be a perfect cover for his operation. But all the progress in the world on the grocery store would mean nothing for the actual reason the Hashimoto brothers had come to this dump of a town.

The Zukumiki needed to be removed, but they were a hard group to find, Shichiro had been in the village for nearly a week, and barring the one awkward encounter where he’d lost the man with the red hand tattoo, he had seen no sign of activity from their operation. It was hard to find a gang that didn’t want to be found, especially in a village you’d just barely come to know. He had no friends here, no network he could trust to put them on his radar.

He was deep in thought about this when a peculiar smell made its way into his nostrils. Few things caught the Hashimoto’s nose like the smell of his own product, and as a group of construction workers passed him by that’s exactly what he smelt. The faint hint of ammonia hung in the air like a familiar friend, and it was enough to let him know that they were users. So where’d they get their product? He’d think to himself, knowing that he and his brother hadn’t started dealing in the village yet.

This could be a lead

He’d already blown his shot at the bar, and he knew he couldn’t afford to let another one pass him by. As the workers passed his bench he’d slightly stick his leg out so that the closest one fumbled over his foot and fell to the ground. Shichiro then hurried to his side with faked concern, “Oh my god, are you alright?” He’d inquire, while helping the man to his feet.

The worker, seeming to believe he simply tripped over his own feet appeared embarrassed, “Thanks, but don’t worry about it I’m fine” He said hurriedly, before walking to rejoin his friends. But Shichiro was a man on a mission, and would match the mans pace while chirping in his ear. “So where are ya’ll heading?

The man looked in Shichiro’s direction. “We’re late to a job, trying to hurry there. Why do you care?” the youngest of the Hashimoto family replied back in earnest “Well honestly I could use the work, me and my brother moved here to start a grocery store. And it’s taking longer to get the place up and running then we thought it would. We need to find a way to pay for next months rent” This was of course a lie, but a believable one at that.

Mind if I tag along, maybe mooch some of your tools for the day?” Being with the group for a day may present an opportunity to find out where they were getting there product which could lead him to the Zukumiki. “Sure, whatever just hurry up and walk faster. We’re already late!” He’d say ushering Shichiro along.

A few minutes later the group of construction workers and the young Hashimoto would arrive in front of a house which had been ravaged by storm. They’d walk up to the door to knock, and the worker Shichiro had tripped earlier would call out. “Hello?

Is anybody home?

WC: 583
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:16 pm
"You don’t have any children?" Yamato asked the old couple while they were waiting. He got soft headshakes as answers, as they were serving themselves the food. "You don’t farm at your age I assume? Please don’t take it as offense either way.". The old man brushed it off. "No. We don’t do much anymore. Retired.". "From farming?" Yamato asked. The old couple took a few seconds finishing their bites before any answer, but Yamato suspected they weren’t excited about giving an answer either. "Not really, no." the old lady said before focusing back on her bowl, whatever it was holding. Yamato sighed. He realized they were avoiding his words, but he didn’t feel like interrogating two old people first thing in the morning. He chose to let it go for a while, as the topic didn’t interest him greatly anyway.

Looking around, his eyes picked up a possible danger he hadn’t noted before. A big tree standing right behind this previously-lovely home had also taken quite a bit of damage during the storm. Yamato walked towards it to check it out more carefully. After a brief investigation, he realized that the tree had been struck by lightning, and had burned from within for quite a bit. There was a chance this tree would fall with the slightest push, and it seemed big enough to cause serious damage again to the house. The family might not have been so lucky next time.

Then Yamato heard the voices coming from the other side of the building. "We're over here." he shouted at the group. The men followed his voice to find the clearing where the homeowners and Yamato were standing, and where the most damage could be seen from. "You're not early." Yamato said when the men were close enough. "Uh... Yes." one answered. He seemed to take it as a meaningless observation by Yamato rather than criticism. Yamato did not care enough to correct him. Yamato showed the men the damage. "I guess you can start now, and I will look over and make sure nothing goes wrong.". Yamato seemed distracted for a second, looking at the men. An odd feeling. It was probably nothing. "There might be another problem." he continued, "That giant tree over there seems to have taken a lot of damage too. We should bring it down carefully and not leave it up to nature where it falls.". Saying these words, his eyes were still dancing around as if his mind was elsewhere.

Yamato couldn’t shake off the urge to run through all the details he had memorized about the job. Something felt off. He looked at the men again. He ran through the numbers. "Do we have two new contractors? How nice!". A few of the men looked around between themselves. Yamato awaited an answer, but half of the group seemed disinterested, and had already started with the work Yamato had pointed them towards.

[WC: 486, Personal Total: 1002, Mission Total: 1585]
Shichiro Hashimoto
Shichiro Hashimoto
Citizen
Survived 2021

Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:41 am
soon after the knock on the door a voice could be heard not from inside, but instead from a clearing to the side of a building. The group of workers and Shichiro rounded the corner to see an elderly couple and a fancily dressed man. Shichiro's eyebrow raised at the sight of the fur on the mans coat... [i]was that blue? What the hell  kinda animal had blue fur[/color], the man didn't seem particularly happy with the fact that the group was late, but the group didn't seem particularly smart enough to catch onto that either.

The overly dressed for the occasion individual seemed to possess an ill temper, barking orders shortly after they'd arrived. Something about a tree in bad condition which should probably be taken down before it fell of its own accord. A fair enough proposition, but would it have hurt the man to say please? Shichiro was about to turn to help with the tree when the man draped in blue fur asked about new contractors.

"Two? far as I'm aware I'm the only new guy" He'd say pointing a thumb to his chest. He assumed the rest of the group had been familiar with eachother, but if the man before him was correct maybe they'd taken on an additional helper for the day. "Names Shichiro Hashimoto, pleasure to meet you" He'd lie, but not about his name. Meeting the man so far had not been a joyous occasion.

"I'm new to Tanbo, me and my brother are opening a grocery store and I'm taking on some odd jobs to help pay the bills. These guy's said I could tag along if you don't mind" His hand was now extended offering a shake, but whether or not the supposed leader of this operation would choose to accept it remained to be seen.

"You don't mind do you?" He'd ask intently hand still extended.

WC: 326
TWC: 909
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:02 am

Yamato Tanaka

Post WC: 514
Total WC: 1516

AP:

200/200

Yamato took a deep breath. After introductions, he was glad Shichiro kept talking because it gave them time for the rest of the workforce to get to the job. "Yamato Tanaka. Nice to meet you." he introduced himself, speaking faster than appropriate. His tone was more of someone rushing through reading a paragraph aloud, rather than someone under extraordinary amounts of stress - which he was. "All that's nice Shichiro. As part of the police force, I require your help. I have good reason to believe one of these men - for whatever reason - is infiltrating the group. One could theorize there's two and you're one of them - but if you were, singling yourself out would hardly be smart, which makes you either the only man I can trust in this group, or an enemy I need not worry about. So which one are you?". Yamato would try to read whatever answer Shichiro gave. Regardless of if he trusted this stranger or not, Yamato would be watching him closely now. Also, the small chance he could have some extra help also encouraged Yamato.

He shot a glance at the homeowners. "The old couple seem to have a past. My theory is that someone's heard a rumor and came to look around. For what, I don't know yet. Care to help investigate and keep an eye on these folk?". Of course, the thought process he shared with Shichiro was only half of what was going through Yamato's head. Truth was, Yamato relied on facts more than his abilities of reading someone. He knew it was hard to do. A lot of people thought they would be able to tell when someone lied, but Yamato knew it was mostly wishful thinking in his field of work. Investigation was done with concrete evidence. Since he didn't have that yet, the closest thing was statistics. There were seven men, including Shichiro. Out of the six, one was an impostor. So from Yamato's perspective, all six of them had one-sixth of a chance of being the one. Shichiro on the other hand, singled out as a late, random addition to the job that wasn't on the papers Yamato didn't have access to, had fifty percent likelihood of being on either side.

He needed to treat Shichiro as a separate case, and see what their investigations lead. If both of their inquiries pointed to the same person, Shichiro was either selling out their partner or he was innocent. If they pointed to different people, Shichiro most likely was trying to cover for their partner, who would be identified by Yamato. After all, crooks low enough on the food chain to be dealing in Tanbo of all places, had no chance against someone at Yamato's calibre. Or so he thought anyway. "So, what do you say? Are we partners?" Yamato asked, grabbing Shichiro's hand after taking all of this time to present his case first. He would hold on tight, shake, but not let go until he had an answer. It was fair to say his manner was at least 'a little' intense.

Last edited by Yamato Tanaka on Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Shichiro Hashimoto
Shichiro Hashimoto
Citizen
Survived 2021

Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:03 am

GbKKSgv.png
The man's demeanor seemed to change as the rest of the group disappeared, and he began to dump a lot onto Schichiro. Going on about being a part of the police force, something about a plot to infiltrate the construction group, and and even a half accusation sent in Shichiro's direction before seeming to rule it out.

"So which one are you?"

The man asked inquisitively. Shichiro paused for a moment, was this man serious? Barring himself of course, why would someone try to infiltrate a group of construction workers. Shichiro decided to play along, speaking in a manner that he thought the man might appreciate. "Well it doesn't really matter what I say now does it. If I was this criminal you speak of, I wouldn't confirm it to you. But on the other hand If I was in fact an innocent man, you'd have no reason to believe me on account of the possibility that I *AM* the criminal" He'd say raising a finger to his chin in mock thought.

"We've certainly got ourselves into quite the predicament here officer Tanaka. Quite the predicament indeed." Shichiro smiled on the inside, seemed he was going to be playing police officer today, and in doing so he may be able to find out more about the Zukumiki without raising suspicion. The sudden appearance of this officer was an unexpectedly welcome addition to his day.

Assuming the man would still go on about the homeowners Shichiro would simply nod his head in agreement, even though the man sounded insane. It was best to go wherever the officers delusions led him, and play into them for now. Yamato would then ask Shichiro to be his partner, at least for the remainder of this job, to which Shichiro would agree.

"Partners" He'd say nodding in the mans direction before putting an exaggerated stealth glance in the couples direction before looking back to him and whispering. "I think I'll question the couple first, you handle the workers... we can meet back in a few minutes see what we found and swap groups" He'd say before pausing for dramatic effect.

"A double investigation if you will"

He glanced back to Yamato to see if the man was on board, or if he had a modified proposal.

WC: 381
TWC: 1290

Last edited by Shichiro Hashimoto on Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:24 am; edited 8 times in total
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:19 pm

Yamato Tanaka

Post WC: 789
Total WC: 2305

AP:

200/200

Yamato was quite impressed by Shichiro’s answer. He wasn’t playing dumb. He was aware of the situation, and the suspicion that remained on him, and he wasn’t afraid to show Yamato he knew. Again, either a smart ally, or a cocky enemy. To the untrained eye this distinction might have seemed arbitrary, but to Yamato, it was better to know someone was definitely one of two exact things than know nothing about them. Shichiro might have remained a mystery, but he was at the moment the person Yamato had interrogated the most, and he needed to divide his time between the others as well.

Yamato nodded to Shichiro. Some part of him hoped he didn’t turn out to be the infiltrator. He started to grow on the Yamanaka, this fast too. “You read my mind, Shichiro. Double investigation. We’ll compare notes at the end. Good luck.”. Yamato walked into the house to keep his eye on the six suspects, leaving the old couple in the hands of Shichiro. This could have backfired if Shichiro turned out not just to be a thief, but a violent one. But from Yamato’s insight, he did not seem to be the type of man to throw out his appearance of innocence to turn his plan into a forceful, brutish one. Yamato saw the six men inside as soon as he walked in. Four of them were heading towards the part where the most damage was, while two were heading in the opposite direction.

It was time… To meet our usual suspects. Yamato had eliminated three in his mind, although he wanted to keep this secret from Shichiro for now, not to give him more information to bluff with. If Shichiro ended up throwing the blame on someone Yamato know for sure was innocent, it would have clarified which side Shichiro was on. This information was important for Yamato to keep to himself, to have a fighting chance against Shichiro in case he was the infiltrator. The three men Yamato knew were good were the ones who had accepted the job with him, signed the paperwork at the same time.

The Good Ones

Takahiro. Old angry man. Short. Bossing. Seems to have a bit of a temper.
Shoji. Young, lazy chain-smoker. Was wearing a yellow jumpsuit of all things.
Ken. Silent, hardworking type. Seemed more himself once he started the job.

The Suspects

Leo. Tall, buff man with long, curly blonde hair. Seemed to be the biggest physical threat.
Sora. Youngest of the bunch. Seemed to get distracted easily. Carried a lever.
Minori. Thin, glasses. Not the usual build for a job like this. Had a notebook with him.

Of course the two that caught Yamato’s attention first were the two heading away from the rest of the group. Minori and Ken. Yamato of course knew Ken had signed up with him. Yamato approached them. After a few minutes, their investigation was done. Yamato had taken a lot of physical notes and a few mental ones. He repeated his process with the group of four, who also equally had suspects and known workers among them. Yamato made sure he was still doing his original mission, overlooking the repairs, while conducting his investigation. Few minutes more. Yamato walked out of the house. If Shichiro was still busy talking to the old couple, Yamato respected Shichiro’s own line of investigation not to jump in at this moment. The similarities and contrast at the end could have proved Shichiro’s innocence. He simply looked in their direction and waited for Shichiro to end his interrogation outside, so they could swap.

In the meanwhile, however, he wasn’t sitting around waiting. Someone was here with ulterior motives. Yamato, while his investigation seemed to be bearing fruit, couldn’t let something be stolen from under his nose. Looking around, Yamato began to worry that no one was positioning themselves to the places valuables seemed likely to be hidden. Yamato had three theories why. There was a chance he was just paranoid, and there was no infiltrator. He refused to believe this theory, based solely on the fact that nobody had come out as the second late addition. The second theory was that they were aware Yamato was watching them closely, and didn’t want to be found out. He could accept this theory, but he didn’t like it. As soon as he swapped places with Shichiro everything could go to shit. He made a mental recreation of his surroundings so he could compare later, and see if anything was moved or changed under Shichiro’s watch that the people here were avoiding during Yamato’s watch.

The last theory that scared Yamato the most, was that the infiltrator's ulterior motive was not theft at all.

Shichiro Hashimoto
Shichiro Hashimoto
Citizen
Survived 2021

Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:19 pm

GbKKSgv.png

Yamato seemed to be on board with the plan going so far as to say he’d read his mind, before leaving shichiro to investigate the elderly couple. In the back of his mind, shichiro knew they were just a family that had recently gone through hard times, but at the same time the idea of gaining this officers trust by helping him with his delusional arrest seemed kind of fun.

While the construction crew were hard at work getting rid of debri and the like, shichiro would close in on the elderly couple, waltzing up next to the older man relaxing outside in a chair. “Awfully nice day here isn’t it Davy” he’d say prompting the man to engage in small talk, the old man though seemed to unfortunately be a little hard of hearing and payed him no mind, which more than slightly irritated shichiro.

“AHEM”

He’d obnoxiously exclaim, causing the man to turn his head. “Awfully nice day here isn’t a t Davy” he’d repeat while making direct eye contact with the man, to which he’d just stare blankly before asking “wadya say now” the man was decrepit. Shichiro just rolled his eyes deciding the interrogation wasn’t worth it, not when he could just pin a crime on the man and give the trigger happy cop an arrest.

A move which would also free him up speak with the contractors about their supply chain. Yea, he liked that idea better. Glancing over his shoulder he’d make sure neither Yamato or either of the elderly couple were paying him any mind, and would slip a baggie of opium into the chest beside the old mans chair, taking special care not to touch it with bare skin so no finger prints could be retrieved. Tucking it between the pages of a book.

The old man had dozed off by now and the wife was busy hanging up clothes to dry on a clothes line. Neither had noticed a thing, and soon later Yamato and Shichiro would meet before swapping people to interrogate. Shichiro would feign a warning to the man before the switch.

“Yamato, I fear I’ve found our intruder. I was grilling the old man, he’s either innocent or a tough nut to crack. But I think my questions spooked the wife, I saw her slip something in that old mans chest, I think she knows we’re onto her and is trying to raise suspicion on her husband”

He’d sigh,

“I think she’s trying to either inherit his stuff when he’s arrested, or that extra worker is her accomplice and she’s trying to draw us off her. I’ll grill the workers, why don’t you see if you can go squeeze some more info out of the old bat”

He’d say raising his false concerns to the man.

WC: 468
TWC: 1758
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:16 pm

Yamato

Yamato was not on board. Not on board at all. He narrowed his eyes at Shichiro’s proposal. "Huh." he simply answered. His tone did not betray his feelings. He stared deep into the man’s eyes for a brief second, as if trying to communicate to him telepathically. ‘Are you cool, Shichiro? Please be cool. Please don’t mock me and waste my time.’. He did not voice these thoughts, instead doing his best to sound apathetic, "I will look into it. I should say, I have eyes behind my head, Shichiro. Don’t betray the trust I’m putting on you.". Then, he left to cross-investigate the old couple. He had his doubts at Shichiro’s theory, having spoken to the old couple all morning. Still, his motivation could have been any number of things, none of which necessarily criminal. Perhaps he was simply wrong, bad at deduction, or even testing Yamato’s skills.

Yamato, despite his own beliefs, was not always the most competent detective. He could get obsessed with a theory and try to fit every detail to it no matter the probability. He could get distracted. He could get paranoid. He was, still, not an entirely gullible person, nor someone who shied away from a good investigation. Perhaps his paranoia had its positives. He was still trying to suppress it as best he could, as he approached the old couple, every so often looking behind to see what Shichiro was up to.

Shortly after he was standing next to the two elder farmers, who were sitting around their cauldron, chatting and just generally enjoying the day. They seemed chipper for a couple whose home had just gotten this badly damaged. It was not enough to convince Yamato something nefarious was going on but it was something to note, at the very least. Yamato finally addressed them "Hey, it’s me again.". Yamato asked them some questions, digging deeper each time; into their history, their house, their worries. He was not always interested in the actual answers to the questions he was asking, but also the old couple’s tones and expressions as they spoke. He knew he couldn’t always get honest answers to every question he asked, so he tried his best to read every single detail.

He was distrustful, true. He could get distracted. But he was also detail-oriented and determined. A short talk revealed some more info that could turn out to be crucial to the rest of this case. But nothing so far pointed to the old woman being suspicious. Still, Yamato was not going easy with his questioning. Finally, the woman spilled some beans. ‘Okay, I must admit.’ she spoke, pulling Yamato closer to the two of them, ‘I have been hiding something… Most of our stuff is junk and easily replaceable, our valuables we have mostly trusted to our friends… There is one treasure I couldn’t hide anywhere else and had to keep here: our prized mare.’.

Turned out this horse had won some races. Bred for running. Interesting. Yamato noted it in the back of his mind. The house filled with all of the workers at the moment did not hide anything that was in danger of being stolen. Yamato turned his gaze towards the small stable right next to that building, where the true treasure lied.

Yamato returned to Shichiro, who had hopefully interrogated the workers indoor by now, if he was actually trying to aid Yamato. "I believe you were mistaken, Shichiro, if you were not outright testing me with your earlier proposition. The woman seems truthful to me. I have gathered some information, however, that could net you more work and better pay, if you’re interested.". Yamato waited for a reaction by Shichiro, while continuing to watch him carefully. He still did not know what to make of this man. Something about him just seemed trustworthy. "My suspicion of an upcoming attempt at theft are only growing. I promise I would not be pulling you, a regular citizen, into a random case if it was a victimless crime, like I don’t know… Selling recreational substances to conscious adults. I’m not the ‘justice-obsessed nutcase’ that I might appear as. I am simply caught far from the headquarters, outnumbered, outplanned. I have to make an all-out stand. I'm gonna need a right-hand man.".

Post WC: 716
Total WC: 3021

Shichiro Hashimoto
Shichiro Hashimoto
Citizen
Survived 2021

Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:09 am

GbKKSgv.png
Fun Ruined.

It seemed this Yamato character was less impressionable than Shichiro had originally assumed, instead of biting the bait and locking up the woman, he decided to something reasonable like question her further, taking a moment to give Shichiro some kind of warning about betraying him before he left. Shichiro raised an eyebrow in feigned disgust. “I would never” He’d say walking towards the workers in annoyance, it seemed he was actually going to have to help with this mans investigation and win him over, well that or kill him because he’d learned a bit too much.

But the man seemed decent enough, and Shichiro would hate to kill him prematurely so for now he’d go with the win him over option, even if it meant a bit of honest work. He’d start by rolling up to his friend from earlier, a man named Shoji the one who he’d tripped earlier to join their little group. “Let me help” He’d say as he picked up a hammer and went to work patching the roof with the man. Shichiro wouldn’t call himself much of a people person, or even a good judge of character, but as far as the group went Shoji seemed the most respectable of the bunch.

If there was indeed a thief in the group, he very much doubted it was the young man beside him. “So tell me, you know the rest of these guys? Or are they new additions like me” He’d ask, the question seemed innocent enough, after all he was the new guy, seemed normal to wanna know more about the group you were hanging out with, at least in his eyes. Shoji didn’t seem to mind the question either, in fact he’d answer it rather happily. “I’ve known Takahiro and Ken my whole life, Minori almost as long” He’d say pointing to the rest of the people on the roof.

The other two joined this morning, just before you” He’d say looking around, as if he was trying to find something. “Come to think of it… where’d those slackers go anyways?

Shichiro scratched his head in confusion as he realized the group of six had become a group of four at some point, and couldn’t help but feel a degree of suspicion. Holy shit the wannabe detective was actually onto something Shichiro would think to himself as he looked to Shoji. “That is kind of weird, they shouldn’t be ditching the job like that” He’d agree rubbing his chin in thought. “Excuse me for a moment” He’d say hopping down from the roof and back towards Yamato.

The man had just finished speaking with the elderly couple, and it seemed Shichiro’s earlier assessment had been correct, the man was not biting. “Correct, it was a test. Had to be sure you were worth your salt” He’d retort whilst shaking the dirt off his suit, and listening to the mans accusation about the drugs. His expression turned sour at the words, the man was getting to close to the family business for Shichiro’s comfort, and as it stood now he wasn’t quite sure he could let the man leave alive.

But even for Shichiro killing in daylight was a risky move, and an expensive cleanup. He’d continue with the winning him over strategy for now, and hope it worked. “Don’t know what you’re on about there, but the old lady is clearly innocent” He’d gesture towards the house. “There is however something we should be concerned about, it seems while we were talking, two of the construction crew slipped away. Their names are Leo and Sora I believe, I haven’t a clue where they’ve gone though. Got any ideas? Also, I believe they’re wrapping up the roof right about now

WC: 627
TWC: 2385

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum