Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Breakaway (exit)Today at 3:47 pmMegami KuogaSomewhere Out There Today at 3:15 pmGoto SenjuAqueous Transmission Today at 2:39 pmDante HyugaWorking With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi HyuugaUnknown shinobi leaves Kumo [Village Exit]Yesterday at 1:49 pmHimari Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Kurayami Shinkou
Kurayami Shinkou
Citizen
Stat Page : Here
Remove Remove Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 20100

Needing more Jade Empty Needing more Jade

Thu May 13, 2021 5:01 pm
Mission Details:

Another morning and that same dream was playing through his mind once again. The dream of the large aura looming over his body, and the chanting being louder and louder until he finally hears his own voice and gains the ability to move, swipes up on the aura and slices it. The aura then retreats slightly, screaming in anger until it consumes him whole. He had been having the same dream for what seemed like a week, and he wasn't entirely certain just what the dream was trying to tell him. He had gone through it several times in his mind, but he kept waking up at the same moment, not being able to see what would happen to him next.

He sat up in his bed and he took a quick look around his bedroom, seeing that he was in fact alone. But it was the fact that he didn't feel alone was the part that was nagging at his soul. He felt like he was being watched, constantly looked over by something, whether it be in his plane of existence, or if it was from within his own body that he wasn't sure of. His relationship with Yuumei was reaching a point that was odd, he was becoming stronger. But he wasn't relying on the power that had been bestowed upon him at birth, so he was sure that he was becoming impatient with him. He told himself that that was likely the meaning of the dream that he had been having, but he couldn't have been too sure.

He shifted his weight onto his feet and rose from the bed, beginning to walk over to his bathroom so he could get ready for the day to come. He walked to his bathtub and leaned his head over the side, turning on the cold water. He allowed the water to rush over his head and run through his hair. The cold water caused his eyes to shoot wide open as he began cupping his hands and splashing the cold water onto his face to really wake him up. This was something that he did every single morning as it always helped him wake up and feel a lot more alert throughout the day, and it helped him have his hair ready to be brushed and got some of the tangles out of his hair. 

He shut the water off and reached for the towel hanging on the curtain rod and he gently patted his hair dry and wiped his face. When he was finished drying himself he placed the towel back onto the curtain rod and walked back into his bedroom so he could get himself dressed and ready for a mission that was quite irregular for him anymore, he was going to be going back to the mine that he had found himself the chunk of Jade. He still had the original piece of refined Jade that he had gotten once before, as he still hadn't had the chance to meet up with the local blacksmith to have his armor augmented, but he was hopeful that he was going to be able to see him soon as there was so much High grade steel that he wanted to improve his katana with, and he wanted to get his old piece and soon to be new piece of jade attached to his armor. 

When he was done getting his personal hygiene finished in the bathroom, he headed back into the bedroom so he could get himself some clothing to wear underneath his armor. He didn't really need to worry about what it was that he was going to wear as the armor was going to be doing pretty much all of the covering for his body, but he still wanted to make sure that he was looking decent and presentable should the need to take his armor off come to pass. He looked through his closet and he found a decent t shirt and some shorts that he would wear. 

After getting himself dressed in the shorts and the t shirt, he walked into the kitchen and he looked over at the coffee table in the living room, where he had laid out his set of armor that he was going to be wearing for his missions, as he had not missed a single day of wearing his armor since he had gotten them. He turned back to face the kitchen as that was going to be his first and foremost concern, making sure that he had at least eaten something to get himself ready for all of the work that was going to come with working the walls in the mine, and all of the intricate work that came with refining the jade.

He didn't spend too much time thinking about what it was that he was going to eat, but instead he was going to eat his usual sausage and eggs, and he was going to scarf it down for this mission was one that he wanted to get an early start on so he wasn't going to have to miss out on going to the training grounds for a session on the day. He cooked his breakfast quickly and he poured it all into a bowl and began to scarf his food. 

After he was finished eating his breakfast, he turned over to the front door of his apartment and he walked over to the suit of armor that was awaiting him.  He placed the armor on piece by piece, starting with the leg pieces and working his way up to the helmet. When the armor was completely put on, he practiced a few moves with the armor on. He wanted to see just how he was going to be affected by the weight of the metal. As he pirouetted a few times, he realized that his strength from working in the mines had aided him so much that the weight felt like nothing to him. He placed the helmet on his head, and he looked to his front door, where next to the door, was his katana.

With all of the equipment on his body, he opened the front door and he walked out. He took a few deep breaths of the morning air before shutting the door behind him and he headed down the steps and headed to the main road of the village. He would take a sharp turn to the right and he would head out of the village through the village gates. He would tell the guards what his business out of the village was and they waved him on, wishing him luck on his venture. He thanked them and started rushing off to the mine. 

As he ran through the sand dunes that lay outside the village, he quickly arrived at the same mine that he had worked in the time before. He saw the same guard as last time and he told him that he was there to gather some jade once again. The guard waved him through and told him to go to the same room as before, to which the child thanked the guard and he headed into the mines. He entered the same waiting room and he greeted the same woman as before, who took his weapons for him and stowed them away. He then sat down in a chair and he awaited the foreman to come and get him.

WC:1245
Ryuzaki
Ryuzaki
Citizen
Stat Page : Ryu
Remove Taijutsu Remove Fūinjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 0

Needing more Jade Empty Re: Needing more Jade

Fri May 14, 2021 11:28 am
OOC:

All would seem to be the same to Kurayami, he was met and allowed entrance to the mines by familiar-looking guards in their shinning breastplates, flowing cloaks, and halberds. The women who took his weapons and showed him where to wait would all be the same, even the foreman who came out to greet him would be familiar. However, the owner of the mine had changed, and the change was a drastic comparison. Raiyou, the old and stoic man that had owned the mine before had retired in recent weeks and a new owner had taken control of the mine, his name was Shuu Tsukiyama, and other than both men were experts in the field of jade mining and crafting they shared no other overlapping qualities.

Tsukiyama, Shuu was a tall and slender man, he stood at 6ft3 but did not look to weigh more than 150lbs. This slender figure was further defined by the perfectly fitted suit that he wore. The suit itself had a purple base with a grey, flowing, arrow-like pattern that was mirrored and even edge of the jacket and came together at the overlap where the double buttoned suit came together. Sitting under the suit jacket and on top of the suit pants, presumably neatly tucked in was a red dress shirt, the collar was held together by a button and a black-tie tightly fitted against the man's neck. On his feet, he wore black dress shoes with a buckle and a slither of red ran through them at the bottom of the ankle, under the shoes were red socks that matched the shirt. To finish the look he had a matching handkerchief folded into his breast pocket. The man had a very symmetric face, with angular features, you would imagine people defined him as warm looking and handsome, however was a juxtaposition to his actual personality. His hair had a long fringe and was swept to one side and bangs hung from each side of his face to frame it. The hair was a particular shade of purple, it was strange, did he match his suit to his hair or his hair to his suit.

Shuu could be seen with a glass of red wine in his hand overlooking the mine below his office as the foreman made his way up and out of the mine and into the waiting room. Kurayami would recognize the foreman as he approached, although perhaps he looked a little more brow-beaten than he had on his previous visit. "You again ey?" The foreman said in his brash tone, he did not pause and began speaking again before Kurayami would get to talk "Follow me, I've got a spot just for you, we don't allow outsiders to mine just anywhere under the new ownership". Henceforth, the foreman now known as Bill turned and began walking off out of the waiting room and down a ladder outside that descended into the mineshaft. If Kurayami were to follow him he would notice that the pair would make their way past the busy section of the mine and down several tunnels where no one else was working. The mine would get increasingly tighter and less well lit, and most importantly less well supported. Bill would eventually come to stop at the end of a tunnel and point all around him "You can use this tunnel as much as you like, when you find a useable chunk, bring it to me, the same deal as last time". Unceremoniously Bill would then turn on his heels and march off back the way they came. If Kurayami were to bother looking around the tunnel he would find a piece of paper nailed to one of the support beams that read the status of the tunnel, the mine inspector had deemed it unusually dry of minerals and not worth the companies time.

WC: 646
Kurayami Shinkou
Kurayami Shinkou
Citizen

Sat May 15, 2021 11:42 am
As the young Shinkou had completed all of the prerequisites for working in the mines, getting his gear all stowed away and waiting in the correct waiting room, he was excited at the idea of working in the mines once again. He was able to gather such a beautiful piece the time before, and he was hopeful that he would be able to perform the same task once more, and gather himself another piece for his set of armor that he was so excited to finally augment. He had been gathering augmentations for all of his equipment for weeks now, and now he just wanted to improve his gear.

He sat in the waiting room patiently, knowing that the foreman would surely be in any moment to give him his spot in the mine that he would be allowed to work in and that is when he would begin the day's work in not just working the walls to find himself a nice piece of Jade, but the work of refining that jade and making sure it was fit for being useful for storing chakra. He wasn't entirely sure how that part of it all worked, as that was something he was going to need to speak with the blacksmith about, but he knew that he had seen others with the refined Jade on their armor, so he wanted to have the same.

Just as he had figured, there was a swift swinging of the door, and as the door opened, a head popped in and addressed the young Shinkou. He had expected the very same rugged old man that had helped him before, but this time there was another individual greeting the swordsman. It wasn't the same man who had owned the mine from before, but he paid it little attention as it truly didn't matter to him who it was that guided him into the mine, as long as he was allowed to mine the jade from the mine. 

The man who popped into the waiting room would turn around, asking the boy to follow. Kurayami stood from the chair he was sitting in and he did as the man asked and followed him down a ladder that led them into a busier part of the mine. The foreman would guide him into a tight space that was extremely dim, which was fine and rather comfortable for the boy. He would turn to face the boy, telling him that he could mine the tunnel as much as he would like and gather the jade that he was after. 

Once he was done, he would have the same instruction as the time before, to bring the hunk of jade to the foreman and go from there. The boy simply nodded his head and thanked the foreman for his time in showing him where he would be allowed to mine. He would then watch the foreman turn on his heel and walk out of the tight mine shaft and head back into the busier section of the mine.

The boy began thinking about something the foreman had said, the fact that the mine was under new ownership. It didn't even phase him at first, but the more he thought about it, the more he was curious. He thought of the old man from the time before, the man that seemed to be quite gruff and cantankerous, but only seemed to be that way due to him being mistreated by shinobi in some way, as he did seem to ease off towards the end of Kurayami's visit. He wondered just who the new owner was and if they were good to the people of the mine. 

The thought was a fleeting one as it quickly exited his mind and he began to focus on the job at hand, the mining of the walls in search for that beautiful jade. He walked over to the wall of the mine, and he placed his hand on it. He felt the dusty surface before he grabbed the handle of the pickaxe in his other hand and decided where his first blow was going to be. Gripping the handle now with both hands, he got into a sturdy stance, and he began to swing.

He would put all of his strength into each swing, causing so much rock to fall from the walls and pile up onto the ground, the pick seemed to be taking the abuse well, so the boy didn't let up on his swings, wanting to get into the jade as quickly as possible. As he continued to strike the walls, he was noticing that there was no jade to be found, even though he was beginning to make a new tunnel for himself, and he wasn't even finding traces of the rock that he was seeking.

He kept pushing, each strike he would uncover more and more of the inside of the Earth, deeper and deeper he would go until finally he saw small glimmers of green shining through the dim light that was provided by the lights in the main shaft of the mine. He would stop the blind striking of the wall and he would instead choke up on the handle of the pick axe. He pressed the sharp tip of the pick and he would begin carving the rock around the green so he could uncover the remainder of the stone. 

When he got enough of the rock uncovered, he grabbed it with his bare hand and he began to wiggle it free from the stone that encased it. Finally freeing it from the wall, he gave it a good look and decided that it was good enough to be used for his armor. The shape was already quite nice, being another square shape, except for a few pieces that he was going to have to carve off to make it symmetrical. When he decided that this was going to be the rock that he was going to use, he headed out of the tight shaft and headed back to the main, busier part of the mine to meet with the foreman.

When he exited the small shaft, he found the foreman almost instantly and approached him. If he was busy talking, then he would of course wait for the conversation to cease before he would address the foreman and show him the rock that he had found. Before he would show him, he would make sure that most of the dirt and rock would be off of the stone so the foreman would be able to get a really good look at what he had found.

WC: 1109
Ryuzaki
Ryuzaki
Citizen

Sun May 16, 2021 3:43 am
The mine was busy currently, every tunnel now seemed to be full, apart from the tunnel Kurayami had started in, and the new one he was creating. Miners hurried about on the main annex of the mine, where all the different tunnels diverged off. Above this annex up a 15m ladder sat the shack of the mine owner Shuu, next to that room was a slightly more permanent building that was the entrance of the mine, built into the side of the mountain. Shuu emerged from his shack, now dressed down to just the shirt and tie, his shoes replaced with a pair of sturdy-looking workboots. Descending down the ladder the lanky man called out in his shrill voice for the foreman, Bill.

Anyone close enough to Bill would have heard him curse under his breath at the summons. The previous owner might have been tough and stoic, but he was a rewarding man to work for, often leading to productivity because of his attitude. However, Shuu was more akin to a lord ordering about his surfs when it came to the relationship, and as the foreman, Bill was often the man caught in the middle. Shuu would delegate his orders to Bill and then Bill would be the one stuck with the job of telling the miners and often receiving their scorn as the face of the new ownership. Bill, who loved his former boss also was not treated well by the new one, even though he performed every task given to him, even when he did not agree with it, so he was eternally stuck between a rock and a hard place.

"Yes sir?" Bill offered as he approached his new owner. "William, I have just been looking at the outgoing jade shipment and I found 3 perfectly formed Nephrite crystals among a crate of my perfectly formed Jadeite crystals, who is responsible for this? What cretin cannot tell the difference between Nephrite and Jadeite, is the difference between them so hard to tell? bring them to me immediately" The voice rang out throughout the mine, its high inflection seeming to bounce off the mine walls. At this point, Kurayami would have been approaching the foreman, as he passed back into the annex of the mine and the scene was unfolding in front of him he would notice that all of the workers would have stopped and been watching the discussion that would be happening in the dead center of the annex. The workers would be quietly insulting the pair as he walked past, saying things like 'What a tool the new owner' or 'Bill is such a doormat, doesn't he remember where he came from' snide remarks of an unhappy workforce would be rampant and unchecked. A certain unease was in the air and this workforce was certainly teetering on the edge of something.

WC: 477
TWC: 1124
Kurayami Shinkou
Kurayami Shinkou
Citizen

Mon May 17, 2021 12:04 am
The young Shinkou walked down the mine's main hub and he was noticing that there was all matters of dissent within the gatherings of the miners and other workers of the mine. There was quiet talks of hatred towards the 'new owner'. Kurayami didn't know much about any new owner, but he did hear some angry gentleman speaking down to the workers from around the corner, so he had figured that that had to be the source of all of the anger and dissent that was brewing from within the hub of the mine itself. 

The last time that he had been in the mines, there was a happy hum within the mines, so he wasn't sure just what had happened with the previous owner. Was the mine losing money? Was the previous owner not doing enough to make the mine productive enough? Maybe it was just time for the old man to hang up his boots and move on to the next step in his life, which was something that he would truly congratulate the man for doing, as that seemed to always be the main goal in a regular civilians life, to simply stop doing the things that they push themselves through day in and day out. 

This was a future that the young Shinkou could just not see for himself. He wanted something far more simple, to die on the battlefield, like a true shinobi, like a true warrior dedicated to his very own village. Desperate to his home.

He wasn't too sure if it was his place to truly make a statement on the treatment of the workers of the mine. He was merely a shinobi that already didn't have too much pull with the others from within the village, as the members of the village didn't have too many good things to say about his kind, so he decided that he was going to try to keep out of the problems and just try to get to the next step of his jade gathering. He was hopeful that the foreman would approve of his hunk of rock as he didn't truly want to be in the mine for very much longer as he had to spend more time in the mine than he had planned, and he still needed to get himself into the training grounds for his day of training.

He walked up to the foreman, whom he had heard went by the name of Bill. He walked up to the man named Bill and he asked him for his attention for just a moment. Once he got the attention of the foreman, he would show him the piece of Jade that he had found from within the tight quartered mine that he was left by the very man he now spoke with. Should he give him the go ahead, he would go on to the next step of the process and that was to refine the piece of jade that he had mined. 

"Hello, sir. This is a chunk of Jade that I had found from within that spot in the mine. I was hoping you would be able to approve it so I could move on and refine this piece so it's ready for use?"

WC: 545
Ryuzaki
Ryuzaki
Citizen

Mon May 17, 2021 6:18 am
Shuu stood next to the foreman, his arms crossed and his foot rhythmically tapping on the floor a look of pure disgust on his angular face. As the shinobi approached his gaze snapped round to him "Give it to me charlatan, I shall assess this mineral". Shuu held out his hand as if for Kurayami to hand over the miscut block of jade. "Also you have a task to perform and a cretin to find," Shuu said in his high tone, addressing Bill. If Kurayami were to hand over the crystal Shuu would begin inspecting it. 

As soon as the crystal was in his hands Shuu's attitude and entire personality seemed to change, suddenly his posture was less elegant and he became more hunched over, holding the crystal in his hands almost like he was clutching a loved one. Suddenly when he spoke he sounded passionate and enthused, instead of shrill and aggressive. Shuu ran his fingers over the rock feeling around the edges and across the ridges, at one point he lifted the rock to his nose and sniffed at it. "Hmm the microcrystalline matrix of the calcium, magnesium-iron rich amphibole, and tremolite-ferroactlinolite are tremendous. Its iron content is high and its green is very vibrant." Shuu gaze once again came to Kurayami and his personality seemed to shift back to its original form "This chunk should not have been possible from that shaft, did you steal it from someone else?" The question was more of a jab than an actual question "None the matter, I shall have to reopen that tunnel and find a new open for the outsiders. Now for you to take the next step you will have to prove to me you are worthy of this chunk, what type of jade is it Nephrite or Jadeite?" Shuu's gaze continued to stare at Kurayami, his superiority radiating off of him. 

WC: 314
TWC: 1448

Nephrite consists of a microcrystalline interlocking fibrous matrix of the calcium, magnesium-iron rich amphibole mineral series tremolite (calcium-magnesium)-ferroactinolite (calcium-magnesium-iron). The middle member of this series with an intermediate composition is called actinolite (the silky fibrous mineral form is one form of asbestos). The higher the iron content, the greener the colour. Tremolite occurs in metamorphosed dolomitic limestones and Actinolite in metamorphic greenschists/glaucophane schists.
Kurayami Shinkou
Kurayami Shinkou
Citizen

Mon May 17, 2021 10:09 am
Just as he was attempting to speak with the foreman about the mineral that he had mined from within the mine, the foreman was sent off to find a 'cretin'. The more this individual spoke, the more he seemed to confirm two separate things. The first was that this individual was definitely the new owner that he had been hearing whispers about as he was walking through the main hub of the mine, the individual that was causing so much distress amongst the workers and likely the rest of the staff at the same time.

The other thing that he was seeming to confirm was that the new owner of the mine was in fact a harsh human being, one that he would likely not have a good conversation with, but thank Yuumei he wasn't having an episode, lest he would truly have an issue with this individual, or worse yet, he may just enjoy his harsh tone towards others, finding solace in it. But as it stood it was something that he was more worried about, rather than excited for. Even the last owner wasn't much for small talk, or for talking in general, but he felt that this individual was going to be even harder to get along with.

The owner grabbed the piece of jade from Kurayami's hands as he stretched it out to him to have it assessed. As long as he was able to go home with that Jade, it was worth all of the work it was going to put him through until he was given that for good. The owner looked it over for a few moments before he began to speak on its composition, and to how rich the color was. He then said something that was interesting to the young Shinkou, that it should not have been possible to find such a piece in the mine he was mining in.

"Had they sent me into that mine expecting me to come up empty? I guess that is fair as I'm just an outsider to them, and a shinobi at that." He brushed off that little trick that they had tried to play on him and he continued to listen to the owner ask if him in a quick matter if he had stolen it from someone else, but before he was able to respond he continued on speaking. He held out the mineral and he began looking directly into Kurayami's eyes, asking him if the piece of jade was either Nephrite or Jadeite. 

Of course the boy had no clue, he hadn't learned the difference between the kinds of Jade, so of course he was at a total loss on the subject. He didn't want the owner to just take his jade and run, so he was going to have to sound as smart as possible as he answered the question. He thought for a moment and responded, "I unfortunately wasn't able to test the mineral's hardness, as that would have helped me somewhat in determining which this particular piece was. But even without that information, I would have to say that it was in fact Nephrite." He would notice that his breathe would get slightly heavier, as he wasn't sure of what the true answer was, so he just stood there, hopeful.

WC: 552
Ryuzaki
Ryuzaki
Citizen

Mon May 17, 2021 10:57 am
Shuu continued to stare down the boy as he spoke, he had given him the right answer, as to whether he knew that or was guessing 
did not matter to Shuu. "Nephrite consists of a microcrystalline interlocking fibrous matrix of the calcium, magnesium-iron rich amphibole mineral series tremolite-ferroactinolite. The middle member of this series with an intermediate composition is called actinolite. The higher the iron content, the greener the colour. Tremolite occurs in metamorphosed dolomitic limestones and Actinolite in metamorphic greenschists/glaucophane schists. Whereas Jadeite is a sodium- and aluminium-rich pyroxene. The more precious kind of jade, this is a microcrystalline interlocking growth of crystals It only occurs in metamorphic rocks." Shuu spoke passionately to the boy in front of him. "Luckily for you, you are looking for Nephrite due to its higher iron content, your arm and armaments wouldn't benefit from Jadeite" The man spoke almost as if he was giving a lecture to a hall of students, the workers could be seen in the background looking over their shoulders and shaking their heads. It would be apparent that they had heard the exact speech over and over again, even though the man spoke passionately and clearly cared about the craft, he obviously had lectured to much to the workers. Outside of that the worker's discontent for him probably stoped them from appreciating the knowledge of the craft that their new owner held.

Shuu passed the chunk of minerals back to Kurayami "Now, as you have done before you can go and refine and craft this chunk into usable Jade crystals". Without another word or a goodbye, Shuu turned on his heels and climbed up out of the mine annex and up to his shack that looked over the mine. At this point in time, the foreman would reappear with a man in tow and they both climbed up to the owner's shack, as they did a conversation could be heard between them. "Now Shanky you know the deal, you cannot be so careless to just pile the different jade varieties like that. You know he checks every outgoing cart and crate and he cares about the perfect shipping record since his ownership. Now he's going to try and get rid of you, you know the deal you've been through it before, you say yes, sir and no, sir you agree that you will take his variety course and you won't lose your job." The pair stopped at the door of the new owner's shack, Bill visibly took a deep breath and composed himself before knocking on the door of the shack.

The shrill voice of the owner rang out and the pair entered the shack, after a few seconds of low voices things took a drastic turn. The shouting of the high-pitched voice of the owner could be heard as he reamed out the worker. Anyone that had worked in any sort of distribution before would know that cross-contamination was inevitable but apparently this owner had been able to avoid it in the weeks since he had taken ownership of the mine. After a few minutes, the pair would reemerge from the shack and descent back down to the annex of the mine. "You're lucky all you have to do is sit through that three-hour lecture about varieties, you could be packing your bags and be out of here" Bill was saying as he shoo'd the worker back to his duties.

WC: 573
TWC: 2021

Claiming 8000 Ryo, 20AP, 1x Refined Jade, 676 words for 2036/2036 Great Vortex Technique - Previous wordcount, 1125 for Gigavolt from A to S, 8 words for 750/750 for Jab C - Previous wordcount, 211 words for 211/1875 for Chidori Senbon, all using the 25% max stat discount and to this account.
Kurayami Shinkou
Kurayami Shinkou
Citizen

Mon May 17, 2021 3:18 pm
He had completely guessed the answer to the question that was posed by the owner of the mine. The man didn't really respond to what he had said, he just simply jumped into a lecture about just what the difference between Jadeite and Nephrite was. He noticed that the lecture was no appreciate by the mass of the workers in the mine, as they probably have heard the differences many times from this individual as he did seem the type to try and pound the difference into the workers, dozens of times if required. 

While the other members of the mine did not seem to appreciate it, he on the other hand listened to every word closely, knowing that it would indeed help him in his search for Jade that he was sure to go on in the future. When the man was done, he handed him back the hunk of Jade that he had mined from the walls of the cramped mine shaft and told him that he was free to go into the same building and refine the jade. He was thankful for the lesson and he made sure to let the man know this by giving a slight bow when he received his chunk of jade.

"Thank you sir for the lesson on the difference between the kinds of jade. I do appreciate your knowledge on the subject matter." When the man simply walked by, not truly addressing him again. The moment that he had walked by, the young Shinkou took that as his moment to leave the mine altogether and get over to the building where the workbenches were. He was interested to see if the old man who was carving all of those figurines was still there, maybe he would have been one of the few parts of the old mine that got left with the new ownership.

He walked through the mines, listening to the groaning of the workers, mostly about the new owner and how much of a drag he was. He grinned as he was so happy that his life was not dictated by a barking boss like the one they had to deal with, but he did feel slightly bad for them. Before he left the mine, he stopped by the waiting room that he had all of his stuff stowed in. Upon entering the room, the woman who took his things waved at him and asked if he was ready to receive his equipment back. To which the young Shinkou nodded and told her that he was.

She left the room for a moment, and returned with both his bow and his sword from the back room. When he received his equipment, he thanked the woman for keeping them all safe for him. He grabbed his sword and he lashed it onto his hip, favoring the right side of his body. He then grabbed his bow and threw it over his shoulder, then he lashed his quiver to the left side of his hip.

Waving goodbye to the woman behind the counter, he exited the waiting room and resumed his trek to the building with the workbenches. He walked into the building and sure enough, the man was gone, as was all of his figurines. The new management had gotten rid of the old man, or he left on his own terms. The only thing that was left was a desk at the back of the room, and a few more workbenches and rules posted on the walls. The boy shrugged slightly as he didn't really need to have the place looking homey, he just needed the workbenches to get the job done.

He set the chunk of jade down onto the first workbench, where he found a few hammers and brushes. The first step of getting the jade into the shape that he wanted it to be so it would look nice, was to get all of the rocks that remained on it pounded and brushed off. He grabbed the brushes and he got all of the deposits of dirt and rock still attached to the jade off, making sure that it was ready for the next step of the process. 

With the rock being cleaned off, he moved over to the next workbench and he set it down. He grabbed the tools that were set on the workbench and he began to shape the rock into the same shape that he had the last piece of jade that he had gathered once before. He wanted the jade to be in the shape of a rectangle with dog eared corners with a nice bevel along each of the sides. It took him about an hour, but he was able to get the shape of the rock exactly as he was hoping to get it.

When he was done with the cleaning and the shaping of the stone, the next step was going to be carving. He wasn't sure just what he wanted to carve into this one, but he knew that he didn't want to do the same design as he had the time before. He thought for a few minutes, thinking about what kind of animal that truly described himself as a shinobi, and he had very few thoughts about what would work. He ended up coming to a decision and he began to inscribe the animals shape into the face of the piece of jade.

When he was finished carving the animal into the jade, he moved on to the very last step that was left for him to complete the refining process, and that was to polish it and make it sparkle. He was going to have it on his armor, so he wanted to make sure that it was as perfect as possible. He brought it over to the final workbench and he began to polish the jade, taking his time and truly having the stone shine as brightly as it could. When he was finally done with the shining process, he left the building and the mine as a whole. He would drop by his house to leave his chunk of jade, and then he would head off to the training grounds where he would spend the rest of his day, if he was lucky.

WC: 1051
TWC: 4502
+45 AP from WC +40 AP from mission
+8100 Ryo
+1500 words towards The Archer's Calling (completed)
+1500 towards Metal Crusher (Completed)
+669 towards Parry (completed) (Previous Progress)
+833 towards Summoning Technique (833/1000)
Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen

Mon May 17, 2021 5:07 pm
Approved
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum