Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Working With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi HyuugaBreakaway (exit)Yesterday at 8:13 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Yesterday at 5:48 pmMegami KuogaUnknown shinobi leaves Kumo [Village Exit]Yesterday at 1:49 pmHimari HyuugaIchirō Ishitoya (WIP)Yesterday at 9:30 amAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Yargui
Yargui
Citizen
Stat Page : Link
Remove Taijutsu Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 500

Somewhere to call home? [Mission - Arcanis] Empty Somewhere to call home? [Mission - Arcanis]

Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:26 am
Mission Parameters:

Seagulls cry over the cluttered streets, the occasional sunbeam breaking through the spotty clouds and scattered showers. It's early-mid-morning, and the general public are beginning their days. This island, of its nine siblings that together form Kirigakure, has seen some of the fewest changes since the days it was called Shima. Though it suffers the same often-dour weather as the rest, the residential and commercial neighborhoods here retain much more of their colorful Island country flair, bustling with street food and laughing children. It is the most comfortable and familiar place for visitors to the village from the surrounding countryside, so that is where Mino has decided to begin.

Mino Kurokabi leans against the front wall of a handsome bed and breakfast, the middle-aged, gangly woman exhaling smoke out into the rain from her protection under the eaves. You might call her outfit 'shinobi casual' - the typical Kirigakure lined turtleneck and pants, belt buckle substituting for her forehead protector in bearing the village's symbol. Unarmed, today, though she figures she could likely kill a man with the umbrella leaning against the wall beside her if necessary. She ashes her cigarette into the decorative shrubbery.

Today, she has the pleasure of taking a newcomer to the village on his first formal mission. His briefing instructed him to meet her here, in front of this fine establishment. They will have the pleasure of showing around a group of wealthy Island country landowners who have expressed cautious curiosity in acquiring property in the village. This past typhoon season was quite rough on the country, and those to retreat to the shinobi village for the interim found themselves enjoying much gentler weather under the protection of Kirigakure's seal arrays.

Mino had selected Arcanis' file personally. It looked new and shiny. One disadvantage will be that he will know little of the village to answer any questions. Instead, he will be learning alongside their little flock of landowners, which suits Mino just fine. She enjoys talking.

[329]
[Mission Completion: 329/2000]
Arcanis Hedatari
Arcanis Hedatari
Citizen
Stat Page : Arcanis
Rook
Bishop
Remove Bukijutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Clan Specialty : Space/Time
Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 10667

Somewhere to call home? [Mission - Arcanis] Empty Re: Somewhere to call home? [Mission - Arcanis]

Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:47 am
The day seemed much nicer than it had yesterday.  That was nice.  He had a mission today and he hated being late.  Everything was new here so he left with a significant headstart to make sure he arrived on time.  Pulling on his normal everyday clothes consisting of a tee shirt and a pair of black jeans, Arc adjusted his brand new headband on his head.  He had just received it after passing a basic test of skills.  He didn’t need his full strength to prove he was indeed a shinobi.  After pledging loyalty he was given this headband.  He was sure that he was still being watched but that is kinda what happens in this world.  Trust is as precious as gold here.  His headband would need some altering as his head was not the place he wanted to wear it but that would take some time, for now, it was a headband.  

Slipping out his second-story window from his modest apartment he ran his gaze over the rooftops and windows and alleys and buildings of the village.  It shouldn’t take too long to memorize everything and be able to find himself around.  But for now, he would have to follow the directions he was given at his briefing.  He was to meet another shinobi, a girl he was told outside a bed and breakfast.  

Arc came to a stop a little down the road from what he surmised was his meet up point.  He had done his best to avoid getting too wet from the scattered rainfall.  But if water was a problem for Arc he probably wouldn’t have decided to live here.  He noticed a couple of people moving around the bed and breakfast, coming and going as was the nature of people.  A young girl smoking a cigarette lazily.  But Arc could see she had sharp eyes.  She had probably already spotted him so he moved quickly over to her nodding his good mornings. 

[WC: 328]
[Mission count: 657/2000]
Yargui
Yargui
Citizen

Somewhere to call home? [Mission - Arcanis] Empty Re: Somewhere to call home? [Mission - Arcanis]

Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:19 pm
Mino lifts her chin in acknowledgement as he joins her under the eaves, smoothly snuffing her cigarette and flicking it into a nearby trash bin.

"Hedatari," Mino greets, establishing that the pair will be on a surname basis. "Good morning."

He shouldn't have to stretch his brain muscles much to surmise that she expects him to refer to her as 'Kurokabi' in turn (her name having been provided to him during his briefing). His immediate impression of her youth is swiftly disproved by the lines under her dark eyes and the developing gravel to her voice. The woman looks him up and down, judging the fresh meat. Reasonably young, opted for casual wear. Arrived a little early, but not painfully so. No umbrella, and feels no need to voice his presence, trusting her to have already caught it. Forehead protector is right where it is supposed to be, likely an intentional display of loyalty. Could do much worse.

"Our clients are still enjoying their breakfast, and I would hate to disturb them before they are ready to begin," she says, eyes focusing sharply on Arcanis'. Even with visibly seasoned shinobi, Mino experiences many instances where they will arrive having only barely skimmed their missions... or slept through the briefings standing, it would seem from their cluelessness. Of course, it is also often the case that mission briefings are delivered quite vaguely and unhelpfully. Information collection is an important part of the job, after all.

"Would you kindly go over our mission's goals today, in your own words?"

[258]
[Mission Completion: 915/2000]
Arcanis Hedatari
Arcanis Hedatari
Citizen
Rook
Bishop

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:26 am
Quietly stepping up next to the girl. Arcanis stood in a relaxed but respectful manner and greeted his team leader for the mission.  

“Good morning, Kurokabi.  It’s a pleasure to meet you.”  Arc picked up on the formality.  It was always best to mirror honorifics when meeting someone new.  He was careful though, he had spent enough time in the ninja world to not treat a superior with too much fanfare while in public.  Arc nodded his understanding when she told him the status of the clients they would be serving today.

This wasn’t his first mission that he had carried out, it was the first in Kiri but this was more important for him to get a feel for the village and how it wanted things done.  He had been gathering that things were done pretty officially here and by the book.  Which was confirmed a moment later by the question that Kurokabi asked him then.

“Of course.  Today’s goals are to guide our group of visitors around the village and provide them every luxury we can.  I believe the docket said cater but that’s not a word I usually use.  My understanding is that we are to show off the town to potential residents.  Though likely my purpose on this mission is to observe and assist you.”  Arc said in a respectful conversational tone.  Arc wasn’t nervous or anxious, he simply would do what was asked of him.  His own goal for this mission was to get to know Mino though, sorry Kurokabi.  He made a point to correct his thoughts.  He didn’t want to slip up.  But he knew building a bond with those around him would help coordinate missions in the future.  He also had a lack of friends in the village...or on the planet he supposed.

[WC: 302]
[Mission Completion: 1217]
Yargui
Yargui
Citizen

Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:16 am
Mino grunts in approval.

"Our job is to make them feel safe and confident." she says, gesturing through the window to the wealthy civilians within. They are finishing up with their meal, now, one of the employees beginning to gather them up as per Mino's earlier instructions.

"Their material comforts are amply provided for, so rest assured, we are not their maids. Otherwise? Yes, observe. I expect you to know the village inside and out by the end of the day. Shadow me, be professional, and make this village look appealing." With that, Mino turns towards the door and slides it open, slipping into the bed and breakfast. Inside the foyer, a group of about eight people is gathered, quietly chatting amongst themselves. They go quiet when the two shinobi enter.

"Good morning. You've all brought your umbrellas?" Mino says to the congregation, casually taking an umbrella from next to the door that certainly does not belong to her and handing it to Arcanis. "My name is Mino Kurokabi. I am a squad leader in the medical corps, and I will be accompanying all of you today." She pointedly does not introduce Arcanis, leading to a few curious glances towards him from the landowners. They are upper-class, well-dressed and well-groomed, but do not seem like the kind of exorbitantly wealthy who would expect ninja to be at their personal beck and call.

Mino turns back towards the door. "Follow me."

The tour begins, sensibly, upon the island they have started. This neighborhood, as one with the most potential for civilians to move in, is also the most 'fun'. There are relatively few shinobi milling about, today, assuaging fears that outsiders would be constantly stumbling upon the seven foot armed to the teeth homicidal slabs of muscle they had been expecting.

Once they reach the first of the village's many bridges, Mino ducks aside to acquire clearance for them to cross, leaving Arcanis for a few moments alone with their entourage. That gives one of the women, perhaps in her late twenties and accompanied by her husband on her arm, opportunity to lean in towards Arcanis with a conspiratorial 'psst!', earrings and bracelets clinking.

"Hey, mysterious! She didn't introduce you," she says while her husband good-naturedly tugs back at her and halfheartedly tells her not to bother him. "What's your job, huh? What kind of spooky ninja powers do you have, or is it a big secret?"

[403]
[Mission Completion: 1620/2000]
Arcanis Hedatari
Arcanis Hedatari
Citizen
Rook
Bishop

Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:39 pm
Kurokabi gave him her brief message which Arc found reasonable and professional.  She then turned and headed into the building.  Arc followed the leader into the beautifully decorated Bed and breakfast.  ‘Maybe I’ll save some money and stay here for a night.”  he thought to himself of the enticing visage and delicious smelling food. He stood silently until he saw a slight shift in attention over to him.  He merely smiled and gave a short nod almost bowing to show a friendly yet Humble gesture.  At least that’s what he hoped it would be taken.  Nobody seemed to press the issue so Arc just stayed a couple of paces behind Kurokabi as they exited.  He opened the umbrella he was handed and made no mention that it wasn’t his.  He would return it later but for now, he was a bit stuck.    

Walking down the street Arc kept his air of having an enjoyable time, but still remaining silent.  He laughed and nodded, whenever someone would joke around or point out points of interest.  The goal was to give the visitors the best time so that they would consider moving here.  Which meant he had to assure them that this was the most enjoyable place ever.

Arc stood outside as Kurokabi stepped away to deal with crossing the bridge.  He heard a guest call out to him quietly to get his attention.  He turned and gave her his always divided attention, not that she would notice though.  Arcanis responded to her questions kindly and gently. He found this attitude set strangers at ease and built trust quickly. “Yes, my name is Arcanis.  I’m playing a minor role in assisting Ms. Kurokabi today.  We are your hosts today, so you don’t have to worry about anything spooky. You're in good hands.”  Arcanis chose his words carefully as to be positive and diplomatic but also to avoid the question without hurting the young lady's feelings.  He was not sure if showing off ninja skills or even opening up the possibility of seeing a demonstration was a good idea without consulting his leader.  He wouldn’t hesitate to protect them but showing off what could be considered village secrets to what was definitely not village citizens might be frowned upon.  

He addressed the young couple again to make sure they knew he wasn’t just blowing them off.  “So where are the two of you from?  What do you do?”  He asked them so that they could start talking about themselves in a friendly manner.

[WC: 419]
[Mission Completion: 2000/2000 Total: 2039]
Yargui
Yargui
Citizen

Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:40 pm
"A big secret, then," the woman says, inclining her head in understanding, a tone of simultaneous amusement and disappointment to her tone.

"My father is in the fishery business in Taroshima. We manage his properties," the husband says - voice monotone, slightly nasal. "Actually, it's really interesting, I..."

He doesn't really have anything interesting to say at all. Thankfully, assuming that Arcanis has little interest in tuna prices and how they are affected by shifting village policies, Mino comes to bail him out of the conversation in short order and get the group moving over the bridge.

They are almost finished by the time dusk settles, the group settling in for a brief break in a tea shop on the eighth island, one dense with mid-rise apartment complexes - shinobi housing, largely. Likewise, this business is largely patronized by shinobi, a few of them laughing loudly about something or other in the corner. Likely where Arcanis is housed, though Mino wouldn't assume. A radio drones in the background, the sound quality occasionally marred by scratchy static interference from the storm barrier.

Mino seats herself and Arcanis slightly aside from the rest of the group to allow them to gossip about them and the village in peace. It also affords herself and her mission partner time to chat. The objective of their mission hasn't afforded them much time to speak to one another aside from their brief exchange outside the bed and breakfast.

"What brought you to Kirigakure, Hedatari?" Mino asks him matter-of-factly, sipping at her tea.

[251]
[TWC - 1241]
Arcanis Hedatari
Arcanis Hedatari
Citizen
Rook
Bishop

Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:08 pm
Having successfully subverted the conversation off of himself he listened as the man began to speak about his occupation.  It seemed mundane and therefore uninteresting to Arcanis but his guise never faltered as the man spoke.  Luckily this didn’t last long as Korukabi had returned to continue the trip and Arc returned to being just a shadow once more...  

As they walked to their destination Arc took a moment to admire the simplicity of the normal town around them.  Though in the background grand machinations of politics and infrastructure plodded on, the surface was peaceful. the gentle thuds of raindrop creating a peaceful hum over everything.  No plots or schemes held in the faces of those trudging to or from work.  A far cry from the chaos that was his life up until recently.

They arrived at a tea shop not too far from his apartment.  It was a small island but the small coincidence was enough to register for a moment.  Entering the tea shop Arc was able to take a minute to speak privately enough with Kurokabi.  When she asked him about his purpose in Kiri, Arc had to consider for a moment how much he should tell her.  He supposed a basic overview of broad details might suit the environment and privacy level the best.

“Well, it’s an odd story but the highlights are that I was away from home for a while.  It was partially and partially not in my control.  But while I was gone, my village and everything I knew was destroyed.  I returned to the grave of my former life.  So I moved on.  I have been to many villages before but this one held some fond memories.”  Arc took a sip of tea before continuing. “But this place was no different.  As anywhere I go, I am starting fresh.  And the life of a ninja was always my destiny...well…”  Arc paused.  He knew he was being super vague and that his story wasn’t building any kind of foundation.  “Let’s just say I am older than I look.  I’ve lost a good deal of my ability. And Kiri Was just the best option I had.”  Arc would be fine with building a better working relationship with her but he just couldn’t trust anyone yet.

After another sip Arc smiled. “So one of our guests asked me about my and I quote ‘spooky ninja powers’  it was amusing.” 

[WC: 405]
[TWC: 1454]
Yargui
Yargui
Citizen

Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:50 pm
Mino turns over this new information in her mind. She hadn't expected a puzzle - particularly not one that she could not easily fit together.

"Interesting," Mino says, gazing at him for a long moment, appraising. He is being intentionally vague. The environment of their conversation allows him reasonable cover - of course he would hide the whole truth, in such a public place. If Mino had known better, she would have chosen a better venue. For a moment, she considers avenues of pursuing his story more deeply... but she eases back on that instinct. The questions of his age and origin are (quite likely) simple set dressing for the purposes of judging his character and loyalties. The core of his story is quite familiar.

"You'll find many here who can relate to you, in a more mundane fashion." Mino takes a sip of her tea. "The world's been cruel, and whose who've kept their homes more than a few years count themselves very lucky."

Mino makes an amused noise at Arc's mention of earlier events. "I trust you were as cagey with them as you are being now?" she asks dryly, little blame in her voice for his reluctance to sate her curiosity. She pauses with a thoughtful hum, setting her tea back on to the table. From his words, he has no particular attachment to Kirigakure. The only thing stopping him from using the village as a stepping stone and abandoning it when it has suited its purposes is the threat of physical force, which is rarely ideal. How to keep their catch hooked, then?

"The life of a ninja is your destiny," she repeats thoughtfully. "Why? Why not do something else? I'm sure you know well by now that it isn't a kind life."

[292]
Arcanis Hedatari
Arcanis Hedatari
Citizen
Rook
Bishop

Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:30 am
Arc topped off his tea while thinking about the question she asked.  ‘Why not do something else?’  Arc was surprised how little the concept made sense to him.  How could he do something else?  What else was there for him to do?  Once a part of this life why chose to do anything differently?  Would that kind of life be any more kind?  

Arc sat sipping his new cup of tea.  “I don’t know.  Simple as that.  There are many things I could be doing.  But this is the life in which I have the skills to move forward and make a living.  I’m not an overly complicated person.  Contrary to how my past seems.  I do what I can that’s in front of me because that is just how it has to be.”  Arc had a way of oversimplifying things that helped him speak what was on his mind in a way that made sense.  But sometimes it didn’t.  “So tell me about yourself.  Why have you chosen this path?”  

Looking around Arcanis took in the other patrons of the tea shop.  He would probably become a regular here.  He really enjoyed the tea that he was having and the atmosphere was quiet and private.  Returning his attention to the woman sitting in front of him, he wondered for a moment about her personal life.  But that wasn’t something he would bring up.  Asking about her past was personal enough.

[241]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum