Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Breakaway (exit)Today at 3:47 pmMegami KuogaSomewhere Out There Today at 3:15 pmGoto SenjuAqueous Transmission Today at 2:39 pmDante HyugaWorking With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi HyuugaUnknown shinobi leaves Kumo [Village Exit]Yesterday at 1:49 pmHimari Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Braska Yamaguchi
Braska Yamaguchi
Citizen
Stat Page : Lord of the Horde
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Space-Time
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 500

A Small Town Problem (Katsuragi) Empty A Small Town Problem (Katsuragi)

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:33 am
Mission Details:

“So, will you do it? Please?” 

Kaworu switched his focus to Katsuragi. They sat in the corner of the tavern, a grey and damp place, with shadows lathering the corners and corridors, reason why Katsuragi and Kaworu had decided to sit for a warm meal. When they approached the bar for the meals available they were met by a less than happy bartender who informed them sour soup served on hard sourdough bread was their only available option, they consented and found a seat in the shadows of the tavern. When the bartender came by with two sourdough breads filled with soup, he apparently couldn’t help but regurgitate a request. “Listen, you two seem like you can handle yourselves… well, the dark haired lad seems, at least.” The bartender adhered to the age old rule of insulting the people you want to ask favors from, it seemed; at least Katsuragi seemed entretained by the remark. “There’s a bar not too far from here, at the edge of the village, by the river, near the bridge that leads to the next village. They’ve been stealing all my clients, even the usuals, because they’re so fancy and their food doesn’t have bugs every once in a while.” Kaworu eyes his soup carefully for dark spots, although now that he looked at it, the sourdough bread seemed to start becoming really soggy, thanks to the bartender monologuing instead of letting them eat in peace.

He went on. “If you two could do something about it… but you can’t get caught! I can’t be linked to this in any way!” He shook his hands in front of him, worriedly. He glanced around to make sure they were still alone; as he did, the reality of the tavern’s emptiness sunk in on him and he seemed even more determined in his request, finally speaking the line that brought the current narrative full circle from its in media res beginnings. “So, will you do it? Please?”

Kaworu switch his focus to Katsuragi. With hesitance on the duo’s faces, the bartender proclaimed his offer. “I have two thousand ryo for emergencies -- they’re yours if you make sure they stay out of business.”
Katsuragi
Katsuragi
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Katsuragi's Stats

Remove Taijutsu Bukijutsu Remove Kanjutsu Default
Ryo : 192800

A Small Town Problem (Katsuragi) Empty Re: A Small Town Problem (Katsuragi)

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:04 am
The bowl before him was almost done, the warm orange tomato soup warmed his belly with each slurp from his ladle like spoon. He took no time in waiting for anything, his soup had an enticing smell to it. Even the little black peas were a nice touch he thought, nice and crunchy. He never had this before in prison, and never really had the time to perfect his table manners either. The slurping could be heard from all corners of the room it seems, but he paid no mind to the opinions of others. Although, bits and pieces of the bartender's words got through to him between bites. But, that's what Kaworu was for. He was more educated than, Katsuragi, so he trusts that he could explain it to him in a more concise form. We go here, take this and that, and report back for the pay. Nothing to difficult has come up for them as of yet, so there wasn't really anything to complain about. What he did manage to hear of course, was the pay, 2000 ryo. Now that was a lot of money. In fact, if successful, that would make this job the most profitable job so far. 'Now that's some serious bread...', he thought. He nods his head up and down in confirmation, thinking about what he could spend that on.

Finishing the entire meal, the bread bowl now gone from his plate. He wipes his mouth down with a tag nearby before speaking. His gaze now meeting, Kaworu's. "Ima keep it real, K. All I heard was 2k. So..., what you tryin to do? I'm bout this", he finishes with a crooked smile. He would say no to this? Not people in their current situation. "So we go in...", he said while making power tool noises, " enter the safe, steal some documents and exit out the back doe. The shit is cake man...", he said. He leans back to hear his partner's input. He already breezed passed the habit of waiting for his partner to verbally accept the job. 2000 ryo was enough for, Katsuragi to agree to it.
---
Total Word Count: 356
Braska Yamaguchi
Braska Yamaguchi
Citizen

Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:06 am
Kaworu heard as Katsuragi’s ladle clanked to the bowl while his own soup’s heat dispersed into the road. Katsuragi of course had his interest peaked at the mention of money, which was noticeable when his frantic eating rhythm slowed down for a second at the mention of price before picking back up until the soup was done. Meanwhile, the bartender looked at Kaworu, who wasn’t touching his soup and so gave the impression he was listening. Kaworu waved him off with his hand, then using it to pick up his own ladle from the sourbread sour soup, now a lukewarm mess. “Yeah, let’s do it”, he confirmed for Katsuragi as he explained the plan. “Documents can be re-issued. We need to make people lose their trust in the place, and make sure he takes a hit he can’t recover from.”

As he finished the bread, the bartender kept giving him worried looks. After all, he did ask something quite damning of the duo. “Let’s roll”, he said in Katsuragi’s fashion, not mocking but out of experience; the expression would be one Katsuragi was acclimated to and would respond to fastest. As they made their way out, Kaworu called out to the bartender. “We’ll take care of that issue, grandpa… if you have the coin.” The bartender tensed. “Half now, half on your return. Deal?” Kaworu pursed his lips. He hoped Katsuragi didn’t make a scene out of this, although he was probably used to these kinds of conditions. “Deal, and the soup’s on the house.” The bartender willingly accepted, and hurried to bring half the coin promised.

Already on their way to the other tavern, Kaworu brought up his plan to Katsuragi. “Ok, we gotta do this without killing anyone, so please, keep calm. I can go inside the tavern unnoticed… I know a trick or two… but I’mma need your lighter. They’ll probably keep their supplies in the basement, and if I can set the thing on fire, I’m sure we can sink his business. Might wanna light your last bud before we go in.”

WC: 346
TWC: 712
Katsuragi
Katsuragi
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:34 am
Finally, with Kaworu hashing out the details with the now happy bartender, the pair set off towards the targeted bar. Katsuragi walking along the dirt path with both hands in his pockets. He a pondering mood, wondering just what the plan would involve him doing. Kidnapping perhaps, or even thief? What could the Tau have meant by making an impact so big grand that it was unrecoverable that didn't involve killing? The vexed criminal looks over towards, Kaworu mid debriefing taking in what was to be set in motion. "So if we ain't wacking them, or killin em, what is we doin? Not gonna lie, K ya boy is lost", he cuts him off before the tau could finish. Katsuragi is now seen pulling his worn out bic lighter from his left pocket. "Hol up, I thought you said you didn't smoke? Cuz shiiiiiit, if you need to light up I got that nitro now!", offering the lighter to him with a confident smile. A nice little smoke break sounded great, especially after the meal they two had. Perhaps maybe he was just wonder what was going on in the Tau's mind. Then, it finally hits him.

'This motharfucka is wildin out! He's gonna light this shit up for real', he said mentally. He waits for Tau to retrieve the lighter from his hand. The bar was up ahead still, but the pair was almost there.

---

Total Word count: 595
Braska Yamaguchi
Braska Yamaguchi
Citizen

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:37 am
Kaworu picked up the lighter from his companion’s hand, and gave its sparkwheel a test spin against the flint while holding down on the fork, keeping the gas flowing out to meet the ground flint’s spark, setting ablaze the gas, a tiny blue shroom of flame holding up a floating beam of yellow and orange flame. He let go of the fork and the gas flow was interrupted, extinguishing the flame. “Oh, I will smoke tonight”, he said, more cheerfully than he expected. The adrenaline was pumping through his body, the expectation of the events to come. “We’re not killing anyone, because this needs to look like self-sabotage, and self-sabotagers don’t usually stick kunais into their own throats.” The bar was now in sight, at the end of the street; Kaworu stopped his partner and handed him his backpack. “If you’d want to ruin my business, you’d burn down my supply. It would take me months before I got back up through regrowing my herbs, so you may be able to ruin me. Here, take this, you’ll need to hold on to it.” He helped him get the backpack straps over his shoulders. “If you have a big business though, and you opened it recently, you’ll not only put all your life savings to it, you’ll loan some too, not to mention paying premium for insurance. Insurance sharks don’t like to pay up though, so if they smell self-sabotage, they’ll deny paying anything, and one loses their entire business. So, you distract them — without killing them! — and I’ll make it look like sabotage. Give me a good ten minutes, but if you smell something burning, leg it.”

With that, Kaworu left the main road and slipped into one of the side roads with his partner’s lighter. As he slinked into the dark alleyway, he felt for the floor: beaten dirt. He clapped his hands together, kneading chakra into them, and pressed them to the dirt beneath him as it turned into fine sand, and as he pushed his hands further in, the dirt gave in to his whim and allowed him free passage. He moved through the soil, careful not to hit pipes or other houses foundations, and a well that was between the alley and the store. When he got closer, he realized the bar had a basement, which was nice because it’d likely be where they stashed their stock. Kaworu dug through it, and realized there was no solid foundation, just more dirt. “Brilliant.” As he had sensed no one at the basement, he went in. Looking around, Kaworu dug through the boxes to find the harshest alcohol possible. Eventually, he came across bottles of unmarked clear liquid; a sniff at an open bottle of it revealed it was moonshine. “That’s how they’re getting so famous; people get drunk faster in here, for cheaper. Long term thinkers, Katsuragi would’ve liked these guys.” As he made to grab one of the bottles, steps were felt through the room as the sound filled the room. “FUCK.” Dog. Boar. Ram. In a poof, he mimicked one of the bottles of moonshine. The barkeep rummaged around for a bottle of whiskey, and then looked at Kaworu. The bottle of moonshine Kaworu had turned to started looking like a very cold bottle out of the fridge as it gathered beads of sweat. But the barkeep went away, and Kaworu was left alone. Returning to his regular form, he cleaned the beads of sweat from his forehead. Time to work.

Kaworu picked one bottle of moonshine, opened it, and sprinkled it around the stock. One at a time, he made sure as much fabric was wet to enable a good burn, as well as some puddles underneath wood boxes. He gave the stairs a good two bottles too, to prevent the barkeep from accessing the basement to keep down the fire. This was going to be good. Kaworu made sure the stairs was the starting point. “Sorry, Katsuragi.” He dug into the ground, and while beneath the floor, he extended his tendrils holding the lighter, and extended them towards the stairs. The tendrils gripped the fork all the way, letting out the gas, and at the stairs, tendrils spun the sparkwheel. Kaworu felt the effects immediately, as his tendrils burned and he quickly retrieved them, leaving behind the lighter. Taking a moment to heal the burn of his tendrils, he started slithering away from the basement which would now be a blazing hell, as he felt small vibrations from boxes of booze exploding in blazing glory. Kawour would dig away all the way to where he separated from Katsuragi. “Hopefully he got a good distraction to prevent the barkeep from figuring out the fire for now…”

(TWC: 1506)

Last edited by Kaworu Sanjuro on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Katsuragi
Katsuragi
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Missing-Nin (A-rank)
Survived 2021

Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:44 pm
Making one great big sigh while being stuck with the luggage, he watches his tau friend slip into the darkness. There Katsuragi stood, feeling useless since he couldn't really do anything. No bodily harm, was the rules of engagement. So what was next for the Yamanaki? He ponders in thought while gripping the straps of the bag. His left foot digging harshly into the hard dirt road. Well, obviously he couldn't stay here and wait for the smell of fire. He casually steps of the main road, and makes his way towards the direction of the bar; the same direction the Tau was headed. "Knowing, Kaworu, he's probably gonna burn down the whole motherfucking place and not save some shit for us. Maaaan, I cause some taste right about now. Cuz Nooooo..", he adjust the bag he carriages over his back. "So, you distract them — without killing them! — and I’ll make it look like sabotage", he said while mocking Kaworu with his own voice. He continues to shake his head until he reaches the bar, he thinks about how he would play out the scenario. 'No killing...Right', he said mentally.  

While continuing his walking, he comes across a stray dog that was chainedto a tree. The dog seemed unresponsive, and kept whining, to point hat Katsuragi set the dog free by messing around with the chain. "Get the fuck out of here you mut…", the now estatic dog makes a run for it, but not before jumping up and licking  Katsurai on the cheek. "Dog got hops"

Coming up upon the path while passing a shed, still carrying a fit, he enters the bar loaded with stress. The bartender, without missing a beat, notices this burden, a telltale if you would. He waves Katsuragi to come over to the table, and even offers to serve him some food. Of course, with recent events such as his recent meal and debriefing of the establishment he currently resided in, he turned down the food. He orders a drink of course, while taking note of the many patrons in the building. Place wasn't that bad the more he scanned. 'Just what the fuck was the old man who hired him was running about, this place is poppin, and nice as fuck too', he said while watching the bartender make his way towards the basement.

Katsuragi remembers what, Kaworu said

"So, you distract them — without killing them!"

'THE BASEMENT!', "WAIT HOLD UP OG!", the bartender stops abruptly, slowly turning back towards, Katsuragi. "What the fuck? You really that depressed? Just cause some girl... or man, can't judge now a days, decided to break up with you doesn't mean that I cant go into my own basement pal?" Katsuragi, realizing that the bartender was the owner, had to make sure he didn't move form the ground the level; much less out of his sight to be exact. "Nu NAh man..., um. I change my about the food. take my order. "Sigh, alright guy, make it quick, you ain't the only sad sap here who needs to drink", he said while looking over towards the old hatch that led into the basement. While ordering, Katsuragi got the man to talk more about his bar, playing to his ego. A much earned ego from the looks of the place. It turned out that he knew quite a lot of people from the major villages. He couldn't stress it enough about he was "connected with good fellows", which Katsuragi didn't have a clue who he was referencing too. Suddenly, a girl burst the door alerting the bartender that a dog got into the meat shed again. The bartender leaves the building to chase after the dog, Katsuragi follows along with most of the customers. The way the owner ran was quite hilarious. A few minutes pass by, and that's when the smell hit Katsuragi, the smell of something burning. Not the bartender, not yet at least. When the bartender arrived back tot he front of the building,he was met with a bar in flames. Katsuragi long gone, with pretty much all of the other customers too. Where they were? It was obvious, back at the bar down the lane where the two pair were hired. Katsuragi was seen counting his money in the same booth he sat in before, waiting for Kaworu.

---

Exit
Total Word Count: 1323/3 Stats/3 AP/1400 ryo
Chakra Absorption Technique 1000
Mark Seal

Braska Yamaguchi
Braska Yamaguchi
Citizen

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:28 am
Coming out of the hole, he made his way down the street, not looking back once at the blazing fire that had taken over the bar lest he be deemed a suspect. Instead, he dusted off his clothes, pretending he couldn't see his dancing shadow leaping at the street and the sides of the houses he passed by. When he entered the tavern they came from, he found Katsuragi at the same table they had been eating at, enjoying his favorite activity: counting the money they made. With a smile curling his lips, he joined his partner in crime.

TWC: 1605
/exit
Claiming 1400 Ryo, 3AP
Claiming 4 Chakra
Claiming 698 words towards Chakra Absorption, previously unlocked in part here
Claiming 907 words towards C-Rank Chakra Cloak
Hikari Namikaze
Hikari Namikaze
Citizen
Stat Page : Hikari no Tenshi
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 276150

Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:44 pm
Looks good. Approved
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum