Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Grandma's GardenYesterday at 9:27 pmJoro ShokkuSelf Defense ClassYesterday at 9:12 pmJoro ShokkuKoshō-hō nōjō oboeruYesterday at 9:06 pmMarabelle BlossomYang Genjutsu ManifestationYesterday at 9:06 pmMarabelle BlossomWealthy Person SecurityYesterday at 9:01 pmJoro ShokkuMedical CabinetYesterday at 8:52 pmJoro ShokkuMy Immortal Yesterday at 7:37 pmZatoichi HyuugaTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 6:42 pmIchigo SatoJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Yesterday at 6:41 pmIchigo SatoOne more breathYesterday at 5:44 pmIchigo Sato
Top posting users this month
188 Posts - 61%
34 Posts - 11%
17 Posts - 6%
14 Posts - 5%
13 Posts - 4%
10 Posts - 3%
9 Posts - 3%
9 Posts - 3%
8 Posts - 3%
6 Posts - 2%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Cosplay Queen Saya
Cosplay Queen Saya
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Saya
Remove Puppetry Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : ninjutsu
Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 58600

Day 1: Doton. (p nk) Empty Day 1: Doton. (p nk)

Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:16 am
Sleep came restlessly as the demon of chance fought against the fatigue of her body, shifting about, still rested partly against the small bed of her hotel room. Hours passed in silence, her mind sifting through her thoughts, the whispers of the spirit of her scythe barelly audible in her subconscious. Her dreams were vivid, the bright sun looking down over a land incased in ice, people talking cheerfully as they rushed through buisy streets, clutching heavy winter coats tightly to their chests. Watching the scene Amber's sleep filled mind made note of a small girl off to the side, throwing smooth black stones up into the air. Each flipped twice before hurtling back down to the earth, snatched up by awaiting hands before being flung once more. Back and forth the stone flew and fell, and with each repetition a small white mark grew more evident upon the smooth surface. First it began as a tiny speck, a miniature sun amongst the speckled surface of the rock, Barelly noticable. slowly however, it became more vibrant, shifting from a dull yellow to bright vibrant white, tracing thick lines across the surface of the stone.

"Wh...What." The demon of chance, who up until this point had been a third person observer found her physical form as the stone's light clearly became a symbol. She tested the spectral form that was her hands, turning one then the other over to study the palms and backs respectively, but in the few moments she'd spent looking away from what was clearly to be the focus point of this dream, the light became blinding. She turned her head from the bright light, wincing at the pain of her burning retina, and in a bright flash the light was gone, and with it.... The memory of the village hidden in the snow. Glancing around, she recognized this place all too well. The taste of fresh earth and dust was stifling, making it near impossible to breathe. THe ground beneath her was a hard redish grey stone hidden nearly fully beneath a sea of deep red sand. Her position was aproximately fifty three meters from the edge of what she knew to be a large cliff facing hundreds of meters deep. She hadn't looked up to see it yet, but she knew it was there. This wasn't her first time seeing this place, and it was always in this position that she was first placed. "Why he hell am I back here.... Wasn't i just..."

"Of course. And you still are, my dear. However there are important things that you need to learn and well.... What a better place then here to learn them. Kira. My love.... What was written on the stone?" The voice made her immediately twitch, her eyes flashing up to find where it had come from. There could be only one person in the multiverse who's voice held such calm kindness, but it was impossible. Mirren, the goddess of the multiverse, couldn't be within the mortal plane, and were she able to cross the void of fate to enter the lands of her children, the work of her pen, she would find her presence in the prime material plane of the multiverse, the world ruled by her team. Why would she be here of all places?

"Amber. This is a dream. How else would you find yourself traveling in a moment between the village hidden in the stars and the grand cliffs of the howling earth? Keep your wits about you. We have work to do. Now, I'll ask again. What was written on the stone within the village hidden in the snow? " Her form wasn't visible but Amber could feel the energy of the goddess surrounding her, drawing close to calm and comfort her.

"I... I dont know. Ell I didn't get a good look at it to be honest. " Her full focus was on tracking the tendrils of energy, invisible to all but those with powerful sensory techniques. Her ability to track was second to none within this realm, but just as she got a bead on the direction the magic was coming from, it was gone once more.

"Concentrate. Stop trying to find my position. Close your eyes. set your sensory on the stone. What was written on the stone?" She could feel the conviction within the simulated voice of her love. THe need for her to understandt he lesson before her, but how could she figure out the answer? closing her eyes she let her mind drift to thoughts of the village hidden in the snow, to the small girl, to the smooth black stone. She studied each rotation, thinking back to the way it shifted and spun, memorizing the small crevices and impoerfections within the earthen material, but the light never came.

"I... I dont know. My memory. I didn't see the symbol." Beneath her a small crack in the stone began to form, spidering out from beneath Amber's boots. THe formation was near silent as it spread outward. What was written on the stone.... Was it a personal symbol? did it have something to do with home, or was it a word of power. Could this be the chance she needed to understand the strange mana like energy she'd summoned before losing consciousness?

"You do. You saw the symbol, just before you were taken here..... You just don't want to remember. Concentrate." The small dark line of cracked earth flowed more quickly across the surface of the grand casm of the howling earth, opening outstretched arms like a child to meet the jagged edges of the cliff facing. A barelly audible crick and crack sound met Amber's sense, dismissed momentarily as she forced her mind to push past the physical and back to the image of the small girl with the glowing stone. Moments passed as she simply continued to watch the stone flip end over end, and finally the small yellow light began agian.

"That's it. You can see it, now bring the stone to life. Light up the streets of the village hidden in the snow. Be fast child. You know what happens next in the story." The refference wasn't lost on the demon of chance. She did in fact know exactly what happened next. It always happened. The cry of sorrow in hands other then her own (not kiras either), the heaving cracking of several tons of stone, the flying sensation as the earth released beneath her sending her hurtling towards the ground below. One comfort came in the understanding that she'd been to this place many times before, both physically and through dreams and visions, but not once did she ever hit the ground. That, she supposed, was being saved fort he final fight against the cruel god of water.

"d...Do....EL. I can't read it. It's not fully illuminated yet. What....." THe letters made no sense to her. It was as if her mind to see the word but understanding set just past the grasp of her mind. D. O. T. O. N. What did it mean? THe stone gave way, temporarily wretching her form her thoughts as she felt her solid footing falter. THe last line of solid earth holding the tip of the mountainous cliff face tightly in the air was severed, and with it dropped the entire platform providing her safety.

"Yes. You can. Demon of chance. The fates will not protect you. They never have. Even my influence is nearly too late... I the writer, Creator of these worlds cannot bend the tides of fate to protect you. Read and understand or perish Amber Wakefield. Only in this strength will you find salvation" What. The words made sense to a point, of course. She wasn't stupid, but how would the ability to read save her from falling from a height that was garanteed to splatter her form into tiny flecks of gore against the jagged earth below? The earth below. Earth. In a moment of revalation she understood. Turning her body in midair she looked up at the edge of the cliff she'd fallen from, screaming out to the void. The rushing winds and rumbling rock drew her voice from her lips, silencing even the most powerful cry she could muster but the realization was what really mattered.

"Earth. Doton. DOTON.... ALTER SHIFT!" She called out to a power she knew had no effect in the physical world. It wasn't an ability of the plane, but here within the lands of her dreams, within the realms of the fence, on the howling earth, It was just what was needed. The one scattered and broken facing of solid rock that rushed past her reached out, forming a mighty fingered hand that would scoop her up, slowing her fall, and finally setting her gently down against the earth below.

"This... This is what you wanted me to understand. The strength of the earth is the next step in my purpose, the next tool in my belt. " Raising her closed fist she drew from the stone beneath her another many fingered hand which stretched upward, opening and closing at her mental command.

"Good. Now. Awaken Amber. Awaken and understand the power of the earth. You have relied on the strength of shadow and suiton for as long as I've known you. Back to the days of the broken child.... The demon doll. As you cleansed her soul, you will find your own goodness. Wake up. Wake up. Wake..."

WIth a geat gasp she was drawn from her slumber. The first thing she realized was exactly how badly her neck and back hurt. Her second realization was why. She slid backwards as she woke up, her body falling nearly back to the ground below before her plams met the cold wood, stopping her momentum and protecting her head from another horible collision. She recognized immediately based on her positioning that she'd passed out while training. HOw much time had passed? Pushing off the ground, her weight rested on her left hand, still palm down, she raised off the ground. The sidebag holding her few sparce belongings slid easily across her shoulder to set once more at her hip, and once her things were ready she once more slipped through the doorway, the sharp unlocking bringing her sleep adled mind back to reality, and down the stairs into the common room of the inn.

"Well. Good morn to yah miss. Glad to see you decided against another multi day disappearance. Shall I prepare yah some breakfast?" The womans accent was interesting to say the least, suggesting a humble living. It made sense. Why would one of power or position spend their day in an inn full of whatever rif raf or rufians couldn't afford their own home within the village hidden in the stars?

"Not currently. Thank you though. I'd love a bit of bread and some water to go if you could manage it. " SHe could tell from the woman's statement that she'd been out less then a day, and the sunlight rising slowly through the slatted wood blinds that protected the patrons from the intense light suggested that it was morning of the next day. That meant she was out around twelve hours. Maybe less. Without a word the bar keeper slid a loaf of dark rye bread and a brown leather wrapped canteen she assumed to be full of water into a sack to protect if from the elements. Amber graciously accepted, slipping the container into her side bag, and off she went out into the village.

Continuing her work in control of the power within her, she reached out with her feet, pushing chakra past her heart point and down the sacral, to rest in her root. with each step she speared small knife points of the potent energy into the ground beneath her, testing it's reaction. At first the earth gave no response, but with each step, and each small pulse of the odd energy outward from her root, she felt a softening, almost as if the earth were hesitant, but willing to accept her will and control. On instinct she ducked into a small shop three streets down, her body shifting between people down the large open streets filled with merchants and patrons alike. Giving a wave she came back to realization of her surroundings just as the shop keeper greeted her.

"Ah. Amber. Have you come for a few more lessons in the arts of chakra manipulation?" The man behind the counter was young and bright eyed with vibrant yellow hair that shifted atop his head in heavy spikes less then a centimeter thick as he spoke. She felt like she should recognize him, half because his smile felt welcoming and half because he'd known her by name, but she didnt. That would come later she supposed.

"um. Not today I'm afraid. I was actually just looking fo...oh." Without being told the man took a large parcel of long blue and black sticks from a shelf behind him, and gently slid them into a bag. THe care in which he cradled the package, being all too careful not to break a single stick of his wares was impressive.

"A dozen Ame rains and a dozen moonlight rose. Anything else for you today?" She bent forward to take a sniff of the items offered and immediately her senses were assaulted with the brilliant scents of what could only be inscense. It smelled remarkable, and she was impressed by the combination of the two together. It was exactly what she prefered.

"Um. Do you have anything kind of... Earthy?" Her mind went immediately to her task. It made sense that she would buy inscense in bulk. She used it so often in various things, and if she needed to learn something new, inscense, whether enchanted or not, was the perfect accessory to assist in whatever her plight.

"Well... We have this one but it's pretty pricey. They call it dust of iwa. " She waved his warning off. The price didn't really matter.... Assuming she had money. She assumed she had money. if she'd bought this much in the past she must have. She wondered if the girl who she'd become had similar habits. Had she visited this shop daily to pick up scents to aid in her training? Was that the factor that helped her learn this art in only a year? It made sense.

"I'll take a dozen. and some sage if you have it. I could use a ton of wrapped and dried sage. " They didn't have it. Well, that was a lie. They of course had sage, both as a scent and in it's standard form. They did not however have sage wrapped to burn in the way she was acostomed. That was a treasure saved for witches and those who follow the occult. She didn't know this yet, but in the land hidden in the stars, purchase of such items was fairly looked down upon. THis was a land of faith. She was definitely going to hate it here.

"Have a good night miss. If you need more lessons I'll be right here. You know where to find me. " As he finished the sentence he winked. She couldn't believe it. Had this girl been flirting with him? If she had it was most likely solely to get a discount. That was good at least. Means these didn't cost as much as they could have. As she left the shop, she noticed a small black pebble, it's surface fairly smooth but with small indentions spread across it's surface. Had she slept soundly within a bed last night she would have missed it. Had she slept dreamlessly she wouldn't have thought anything about it, but this stone, was far too similar to the item of her dreams for her to pass up. Reaching down she scooped it up, slipping it into her bag with her free hand. In her other she clutched what had become a huge almost boquet like parcel of heavy smelling inscense and sage. With her treasure tucked away she returned her other hand to its position, wrapping it around the wide mouthed opening of her parcel.

The inn keeper gave her a knowing look as she walked in with the herbs and inscense, confirming that this wasn't her first time using the calming effects of these scents to assist in her road. Back behind closed doors she drew out a bit of the sage. She wrapped it in a bit of twine rolled out of a large messed spindle that she'd found in her bag to make an almost brush like shape. She knew it would seem odd to these people, ninja who knew nothing of the powers of magic, but leave a witch to her habits, she thought. THe fresh smell of burned sage filled the room quickly, and several minutes passed as she whipped the burning pack around the room. Were spirits a thing, she would feel comfortable with the level of cleansing she'd finished. She was fairly certain it wasn't so much a thing here. A land of ninja and samarai was no place for necromancy, and of that she was thankful. With the room cleansed she set two of the long sticks of Iwa dust up on clay plates, lighting it quickly with the end of her sage before putting it out against the wood floor gently. THere was no mark left from the burning herbs, thankfully. The long since blackened floors would show no signs of singe or soot.

"Alright. I understand what is asked of me. I need to harness the strength of the earth. " She drew the stone from her bag once more, flipping it over in her hand several times. Her thumb ran across the surface, studying each imperfection and indentation. She flipped it in the air just as she'd seen the girl do in her dream, taking a moment to study it between tosses, and then began to concentrate.
She drew in the strange energy she'd been taught was called chakra, forming a shalow pool in her chest that flowed steadily from her heart chakra, and as a focus point concentrated the energy within her solar. The energy felt warm as it poured across her shoulders and down her arms, meeting at the center where her pointer fingers and thumbs now held the stone still. She wasn't sure what the ideal way to effect it was to be honest, but she knew it needed to involve this stone, and it would require chakra. Her fingertips tingled in a strange way as she allowed the energy to leave her body, pouring into the stone itself. Unfortunately nothing seemed to happen. She poured in more, allowing the power of her chakra to fill the stone in a way similar to a basic enchantment. In hindsight it was the least effective method achieving her goal, but it was a method at least, and it made sense to her. The most effective method she could think of to finally get the hang of chakra manipulation was to put it in terms she could understand, and magic was what she understood.

Seconds turned to minutes as frustration began to build. If this were a cleanse or some sort of ritual that required her to fill an item to its arcane limit, She would have been done long ago. If the stone was still taking her energy, it couldn't possibly do so for long. More likeley, she expected, She was failing to actually effect the solid object with her chakra.

"How. How do I do this..." It was much easier in her dream. In her dream chakra worked the same way as magic. She willed the earth to reach out and it caught her at unspoken mental command. Within the land of the conscious, however, you have to understand how to make the element bend to your will. Water was simple. She'd been trained to manipulate water since the dark days. Since the omega. eath, however, was never her domain.

"I think I need to do this a bit differently. What am I doing wrong...." THe smell of inscense provided a small bit of relief. The warm earthy tones wafting through her chambers almost seemed to encourage her efforts, begging with every subtle string of light grey smoke to try just a little bit harder. Once more she concentrated solely on the stone in her hand. Her left thumb began to rub against the smooth exterior almost without necessity of thought. As she did however, she noticed something strange finally happening.with each pass of her skin across the hard surface, pressing the weight of her digit against the expectedly unyielding item, it began to sink in slightly. It almost seemed initially to her like she were actually wearing away the material, weathering it like a river crashing against once rough pebbles and turning them to beautiful keepsakes, but there was no evidence of extra material falling onto her lap or bed. That was good on two levels. First it meant that her chakra, once used in a way that wasn't similar to forcing the square peg to sever its corners in order to fit too snugly into the round hole, could, in fact, manipulate the stone, and on a larger scale, find way to move the earth beneath them. Second, it meant that when she finally was ready to lay her head to rest she wouldn't find uncomfortable bits of sand created from the stone as she shifted to find a comfortable position.

She stopped, turning the stone over. There was now a deep indentation in the fist surface she'd manipulated, making the stone resemble a well used worry stone. In effect it was. it had calmed her exactly as the item generally was meant to. Now on the untouched side she began to shift her chakra around the stone, concentrating on the surface and calling out to the power of the earth to cause her desired effect. Just like in her dream a small black spot formed in the center. slowly it began to spread, moving outward until she felt the two now separate pieces fall to the floor.

"Well. that seemed to work. " She bent forward, taking the two pieces in her left palm and allowing the closing of her hand to slip the pieces safely into her grasp. repositioning on the bed she opened it once more, looking at the two pieces. With the pointer finger of her free hand she slid the two around until the broken pieces met up at the point of which she'd severed it. She applied pressure to push the two together. They fit perfectly. Of course they did. Even if it was the expected outcome it was still an interesting thing to study.

Allowing the energy to once more flow through the stone she willed the earth to close itself. for several moments nothing happened, but then far too slowly the small black rift separating the pieces begin to close itself, like grains of sand had been willed to fill the holes, and the piece was made whole again. There was only a small crack like scar across the center of the stone that had once been made into two pieces. As she finished her concentration that too began to disappear.

"Well. I think that's an effective first step. " With her work done she rose to extinguish the earth scented inscense, and took a single of the black sticks from the bag now sitting stable on the table beside her bed. Lighting it she breathed deeply, enjoying the scents of nightfal. She could almost hear the chirping of grass hoppers and in her minds eye she could feel the pale energy offered by the moon. She missed the days when she could draw energy strait from the source. Perhaps that would work with chakra one day.

(TWC 4005 claiming 20 stats and doton as my second element and exit )
Kobayashi Senshi <3
Kobayashi Senshi <3
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 8700

Day 1: Doton. (p nk) Empty Re: Day 1: Doton. (p nk)

Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:27 am
Approved, this was a good read I look forwards to reading more
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum