Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
A toughtfull momentToday at 8:33 amKaikos BlossomFar Away Yesterday at 8:56 pmMegami KuogaLord Paramounts Of The TridentYesterday at 8:25 pmShikami ShinkouDoing Your Part (Mission Thread Pt. 1)Yesterday at 8:18 pmXena UchihaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 8:02 pmDante HyugaMy Immortal Yesterday at 7:02 pmDante HyugaDesert BloomsYesterday at 4:15 pmShogo FreyaRaiden Chills (Open)Yesterday at 1:51 pmMizuki OhtaAqueous Transmission Yesterday at 1:51 pmDante HyugaThe Culling Games: Ninth MatchYesterday at 11:52 amMarabelle Blossom
Top posting users this month
24 Posts - 35%
11 Posts - 16%
9 Posts - 13%
8 Posts - 12%
4 Posts - 6%
4 Posts - 6%
3 Posts - 4%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Rin Togakawa
Rin Togakawa
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 0

Ren's Training Empty Ren's Training

Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:59 pm
Ren looked out the window of his small one room apartment, it had been 3 years since his teacher died in the attack on the village hidden in the mist, yet he still missed her guidance keenly. Ren walked over to the pile of scrolls sitting on his desk, the life’s work of the great Fuinjutsu master Namiko Hishida, she had left these scrolls to him, her last gift to save him and Kira and yet the two of them couldn't even begin to understand the complex formulae and embedded within the most basic of these scrolls. Ren’s Chakra control was sub par at best, Namiko had told him this was at least in part due to the seal binding Kira to him, it was sapping his chakra to keep her alive in the first place, but this was no excuse, it was time for him to start some serious training; how could he expect to be able to save Kira when he couldn't even handle a basic seal.

Ren felt her cold presence in his mind as Kira spoke to him ‘What are you thinking about Ren?’
"Mostly just about how much work we have left figuring this seal out Kir, I-I just miss mistress Namiko sometimes, she seemed to know what she was doing with all these formulas and research. Me… I have no clue what I'm doing here, sometimes I just feel like I'm banging my head against a wall you know?"
Kira paused for a moment before speaking,
‘Well, you could always give up you know. This isn't so bad really, I'm still alive, which is more than I would be without you’
“Don't be ridiculous!” Ren shouted in reply you are my closest friend, you saved my life time and again when we were kids, and you gave me a family in a time when i didn’t even know the meaning of the word! I will not just abandon you.”
Even though any normal person would be happy, even overjoyed, at such a profession of loyalty Kira was silent. Ren felt her withdraw back into her own little portion of his psyche, conceding the argument for the time being at least. She’s become so distant since the sealing, I know she wants me to live my own life, but can’t she understand that helping her is what I want to do? Well I’m sure she’ll come around in her own time; for now i should get to training” Ren thought to himself.

Ren walked over to the table unfurling the first scroll, “Now then, first of all I have to Form the structure for the seal” he said talking aloud to himself. He picked up his pen and began writing the base of the seal. Ren was of course an obsessive perfectionist; so where a normal person would take perhaps ten to fifteen minutes to write a basic sealing formula such as this one, Ren spent the next hour intricately copying every tip and flourish of the original formula’s script. ‘There we are’ Ren thought ‘as easy as pie, or at least that part was easy, now for the hard part.’

Ren closed his eyes and began to focus on his breathing, in and out, in, and out; he heard his heart beating loudly in his ears, the flow of his blood pumping through his veins, and finally pushing past that he began to feel the flow of his chakra. Ren took hold of that chakra and immediately felt a wave of calm drift over him, he could feel everything about himself, the little aches in his feet all the way up to the slight kink in his back; more importantly he could feel the icy cold ball of chakra that was his friend sealed inside his arm. Ren began to focus on the chakra trying to draw just enough into his finger to apply to the seal without breaking it.
Ren opened his eyes to see his finger glowing with chakra, he carefully lowered it towards the scroll before gently allowing it to flow into the paper. ‘oh wow I’m actually doing it!’ he thought to himself excitedly. It was slow going and he was cautiously working on the seal for a good half an hour before he was almost done however just as ren was pouring his chakra into the locking mechanism for the seal he felt Kira brushing up against his mind again. 'oh wow you’re actually doing it ren, I’m impressed!’ she said excitedly. Ren grinned ecstatically over receiving such high praise from his friend. So ecstatically in fact that he failed to notice his chakra starting to fluctuate erratically. Ren’s childish grin quickly turned to one of confusion, and then shock as his chakra swirled out of control, he could feel the seal structure he had spent the past hour working on collapsing, the paper began to lose its glow and the seal faded from the paper.

“Gahh this is so frustrating” Ren exclaimed slinking to his knees, “I almost had it!” he sighed exasperatedly. 'I’m Sorry, that was my fault Ren i distracted you" Kira’s calming voice flowed over him a hint of embarrassment. Ren felt a slight blush rise to his face as he heard this "no Kira it’s hardly your fault, I-i just need to focus more that’s all. Come on I’m going to try again, i was so close before I’m sure I’ll get it this time"  Ren said excitedly, with Kira there watching him he felt motivated, he knew he could do it, nothing and no one could hold him back. Once again he drew the seal, once again he took hold of his chakra and began to focus, weaving his chakra into the paper of the seal, following its formula and allowing his energy to form the substance of the lock. Ren could feel her getting excited, Kira was practically glowing with excitement. Ren could feel the excitement bubbling up in him as well, but he held it back, for he knew that he needed to focus. Taking another deep breath Ren soothed the fluctuations in his chakra and continued with the sealing process. ‘Ren this is amazing, you’re doing it so easily!' Kira exclaimed, getting more and more excited. Kira might have been enjoying things but Ren was having the exact opposite experience, it seemed that just as Kira became more and more excited so too was it harder and harder for Ren to create the seal, his chakra becoming more and more erratic, Ren could feel himself losing control of the seal, this time he felt a surging mass of chakra flow out into the paper causing it to explode in a puff of smoke.

Ren ran, coughing, over to the window and opened it allowing the smoke from his failed attempt to waft out into the sky. ‘What happened Ren? I was sure you had it that time, I didn’t distract you again did I?’ Kira said curiously. “What don’t be ridiculous Kira, I keep telling you that you’re fine” Ren replied almost automatically. Ren had a thought, “actually Kira do you think you could give me a few minutes, I’d just like to test something out.” ‘of course Ren no problem, just let me know when you want me to say hi again’ Kira happily replied. Ren felt Kira withdraw back into her little bubble of consciousness as he thought to himself i hope I’m wrong here, but I guess we’re going to find out.

Ren wandered over to his table again and pulled out a fresh scroll, carefully inscribing the formula upon it once again, he had the shape and style of the seal memorised by this point, being able to draw the entire thing effectively with barely any reference from the instructional scroll. Excellent he thought to himself as he observed his handiwork, this was his finest seal yet, the lettering seemed to shift and flow whilst remaining in perfect harmony with its surrounding words. Ren felt proud, this was to him a masterpiece of calligraphy, more importantly this was the first seal that he would actually make; Sure he knew the theory and had been practicing for this since he first began walking the path of the ninja, but this here, today would be the culmination of all that work. Ren gathered his chakra one final time, it seemed to flow so easily, there were no fluctuations, no odd reverberations through his body, no unnecessary albeit pleasant distractions. His chakra flowed down through his arm and into his finger as he reached towards the course hard paper that would be his seal, pooling at the point of his finger. Placing his finger on the parchment he mentally traced the formula in his head, the shape that his chakra would take. Then letting go of his chakra he felt it begin to pour forth like water from an opening flood gate. Ren’s chakra flowed out into the seal structure lightly filling the seal righting like water filling a canal. Having set the foundation in place ren began to create the locking mechanism for the seal, layering his chakra over the seal like a net and weaving into place a solid wall of chakra that would reinforce the paper and not only prevent it from being opened but also ensure that the paper itself wouldn’t be opened without first removing the seal.

I did it! I Really did it! ren thought to himself excitedly. ‘Kira come look at this’ he mentally called out excitedly. He felt the cold chill of her presence Rush energetically into his mind. ‘What you did it?!?! I knew you could do it! What was the trick ren, you have to show me!’ Kira rambled excitedly. “Well” ren paused thoughtfully, he wasn't sure exactly how to word this. “It's to do with my chakra control, you see… Hmm perhaps it's better if I show you. Now watch the flow of my chakra as i form the seal.”

Ren began to draw the seal once again before activating his chakra and drawing it into his hand. ‘I don't understand ren, I can't see anything different here?’ Kira’s voice echoed confused in his mind. “Give it a moment” Ren grunted curtly in reply trying to focus on the seal. Channeling his chakra into the seal was easier this time, he knew what he was doing, he knew the feel of it as it flowed from his fingertips and as he shaped it into the seal. This is so cool Ren! I can't notice anything different but you're doing way better than before!’ Kira exclaimed excitedly.

At this Ren felt his Chakra start to fluctuate erratically again. “There Kira can you see it now?” Ren grunted again feeling the strain of trying to maintain the seal as his chakra once again fluctuated unpredictably. ‘What's going on with your chakra Ren? Your network is behaving strangely!’ Kira’s confusion evident in her voice. “It's okay Kira, just calm down a little and I'll explain everything” Ren replied relaxing his efforts and allowing the energy of the seal to dissipate.

“Okay then” Ren said wandering over to his bed so he could sit down. “Did you notice how whenever you got excited my chakra would start to behave erratically? I might be wrong but I think maybe since you're bound so strongly to my chakra network you might be influencing it without realising it. Whenever you got excited it made my chakra pulse erratically, and when you were confused it made my chakra slow and sluggish.” Ren explained to her. ‘Oh no, that's terrible Ren! So you can't use chakra whenever I'm talking to you?’ Kira replied sounding upset. Ren smiled encouragingly “no it's okay Kira, it's not a big deal, I'm sure we can find a way to work around this.” ‘But how? How? I’m messing up your chakra Ren, you’re never going to be a ninja like that!’ Kira lashed out upset. Ren felt bad for her, Kira had always been a little depressed since she’d been mortally wounded trying to protect their siblings years ago, but lately she had started to develop something of an inferiority complex, believing that she was holding him back and seeing herself as nothing but a burden on him. Ren of course didn’t see her in this way at all, to ren she was a friend more like a beloved sister than anything else, moreover she was anything but a burden on him. Ren saw Kira as his motivation, he wanted to be a ninja so he could find a way to save and protect her. Ren sighed pulling himself out of his introspection. “look Kira it’s really okay, i can teach you how to control your chakra and your emotions, who knows it might even make us stronger in the long run.” Ren heard a sniffling sound, in his head, not unlike someone trying to hold back tears. ‘You, you really think so Ren?’ he could feel the hopefulness in her voice, “Of course I do! look let’s go for a walk and clear our head and then we can come back here and I’ll teach you how to meditate while we’re at it, how does that sound?”

Ren smiled and walked over to his closet and pulling on a pair of clothes, a set of simple black jeans and a white shirt, ren wandered outside into the rain; the little flecks of water covering his body and dampening his clothing, this would bother most people, but ren wasn't exactly a normal person, even before he had kira sealed inside him he was highly resilient to the cold, but now Ren found that the feeling of cold was ironically rather ‘warm;’ the cold felt like home, it reminded him of days spent playing under their hollow willow, of home and safety, it reminded him of hunting prey through the forest and shaping snow with his tai- Ren shook himself, ‘what an odd thought, I don’t have, nor have i ever had, a tail.’ Ren pushed the thought aside for now, he had more important things to deal with right now.

Ren walked down through the city and down to the lake where he intended to begin teaching Kira how to meditate. He was no master himself, but what little he knew did help him with his chakra control and he suspected it would do the same for Kira. “Okay, now then, find a comfortable position” Ren said finding a nice spot for himself on a cliff overlooking the lake, he paused for a second. “Well, I mean, uhh...” it occurred to Ren that they had never really discussed what it was like inside of him, he made a mental note to research the nuances of being sealed inside an individual, perhaps one of the teachers at the academy would know something about it. He returned to his conversation with Kira, “c-can you get comfortable, I mean you’re sort of just a presence in my mind so?” ‘Yes I’ll be able to handle that thank you very much!’ Kira replied angrily. “R-right, well then i guess we should get started” Ren stuttered embarrassed

Ren began to walk Kira through some basic meditation techniques, showing her how to quiet her mind, slow her thoughts to a minimum and then narrow them back into a sharp focus. Ren slowed his breathing and began to focus on the sounds of nature all around them, the gentle *plop* sound of the rain droplets as they hit the water, the chirping of birds, and the gentle flutter of their feathers, carried on the wind. Ren could hear the small water bugs in the lake below him, and opening his senses to Kira he encouraged her to listen to the sounds of nature. As these sounds began to calm her Ren felt his chakra becoming calmer as well. “Now turn your mind inward, can you feel your chakra Kira, can you see it flow pulsing with your life force.” ‘Yeah I think so’ Kira replied. “Okay then now try to control it, picture it flowing faster”

Ren could feel his chakra system flowing faster as well, this definitely proved his Hypothesis, him and Kira weren’t just sharing the same body, it also seemed that whatever the seal linking them together did, it also linked their chakra networks. “Okay Kira, that's should be enough for now, as long as you keep practicing like that you should be able to stop yourself from influencing my chakra when I'm trying to make a seal.” Ren said standing up and dusting himself off. ‘Okay Ren you go back to practicing, I'm going to keep working on this meditation, let me know if you need me’

Ren wandered back through the village absorbed in thought, the cold night’s air he could still feel his chakra flowing from kira’s meditation. It was a strange sensation, feeling his chakra flowing actively without any input, but far from a bad one. “Hey hot stuff, what’s a cute girl like you doing in a place like this?” Ren was pulled from his train of thought as one of the young villagers stepped in front of him blocking his path. Why does everyone insist on telling me i look like a girl!?! Ren thought to himself. “So how about you and I go get a drink hot stuff?” the man said slipping his arm around Ren. “I’m a guy” Ren mumbled quietly, “Hmm, you say something cutie?” the man said nonchalantly, his hand running down the small of Ren’s back and cupping his ass. “I SAID I’M A GUY!” Ren yelled throwing a violent hay maker into the man’s face.

Ren slammed the door behind him as he stormed into his room an embarrassed blush on his face he just didn’t understand why guys insisted on hitting on him, he didn’t look that much like a girl! Ren sighed wandering over to his practice bench. ‘Okay let’s see if i can do this seal’ ren thought to himself. ‘Hey Kira want to come out and try this sealing with me again?’ ren said brushing his mind up against the ball of chakra he had come to identify as his friend. huh? oh sorry I was still meditating. you ready to keep working on these seals, I think I’ve got the hang of this now.’

“Alright then let’s get started” Ren drew another seal and began shaping his chakra, gathering it in his hand before performing the sealing jutsu. He felt Kira’s approval as he began filling the sealing formula with his chakra. Ren felt his chakra flowing stronger and faster than ever into the seal, he could feel Kira helping to stabilize his chakra flow, allowing him to focus on weaving the seal.

As ren removed his hand from the paper he saw his seal sitting on the paper. “Perfect! Did you see that Kira, I did it! Okay now lets see if i can do it without the paper, I think I’ve memorised the formula by now.” Ren channeled his chakra again before picturing a mental image of the seal structure in his mind, placing his hand on a scroll again he began weaving his chakra again shaping it into a lock and pouring it into the scrap of paper. He felt his chakra waver a little as he struggled to maintain the chakra manipulation without a basic framework to help for the seal, but refocusing his mind ren managed to complete the seal with little trouble. “Phew, well that wasn't so hard” Ren said panting, “I think i might just go have a nap now” crawling over to his bed as the days collective exertions overtook him.

The birds chirped as the light of early morning shone through the window pulling Ren from his sleep. “Phew, what a good rest” he said as he sat up still in his clothes from the night before. he wandered over to his fridge and pulled out an apple, not exactly a filling breakfast, but living on a budget isn't always luxurious.

“Alright let's see if i can figure out the seal breaking technique today”, he said wandering over to his small study he rifled through the mess of papers before finding the one he was after. “Okay, let's see here. Seal breaking, first I have to place my hand on the seal and release some chakra into it to trace the structure of the seal” Ren spoke aloud to himself as he followed the instructions in the scroll touching one of his seals from the night before. “hmm okay this should be easy since I made this seal myself I already know how its laid out, now whats next, I have to release a burst of chakra into the seal at its weakest point, I guess that would be the spot where i had everything sealed together, okay then here goes.” Ren gathered all of the chakra he could muster and pushed it out of himself straight into the weak point of the seal.

A loud crack echoed throughout the room as Ren, who had evidently used far too much chakra for such a simple seal, not only broke the seal but shredded the paper and left a noticeable scar in the table where his leftover chakra had escaped from the seal. “Okay then, maybe I overdid it there, but at the very least i know how to break a seal now. guess i'll try on all these others and see if i can figure out how much chakra to use for each one.

Ren began working on his ability to read the seals structure and understanding just how weak the weak points in these seals were; of course after the last seal he had the presence of mind to take his pile of practice seals outside before he broke anything else. Ren over did it quite a few times before he realized that it only took about half as much effort to break a seal as it did to form it, once he figured this out it was a short step from there to identifying the best ways to shoot that chakra into the weak points of a seal. It had taken two days of solid training, but Ren was finally starting to feel like he was beginning to understand seals.
Rin Togakawa
Rin Togakawa
Citizen

Ren's Training Empty Re: Ren's Training

Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:21 pm
3700 words - Claiming Fuinjutsu Lock Rank E (500), Claiming Fuinjutsu Lock Rank D (1000),  Claiming Fuinjutsu Breaking Rank E (500), Claiming Fuinjutsu Breaking Rank D (1000). 18 Chakra Stat Points

Last edited by CaiusShadowsong on Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 223500

Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:53 am
Could you please provide a link to the techs you're claiming. Thank you. <3
Rin Togakawa
Rin Togakawa
Citizen

Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:57 am
Oops, hows that? :)
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen

Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:26 am

Approved <3
Rin Togakawa
Rin Togakawa
Citizen

Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:27 am
Yay! Thankyou :3
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen

Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:50 am

You're very welcome <3
Rin Togakawa
Rin Togakawa
Citizen

Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:27 am
Ren walked through the rainy streets of Kirigakure, pondering how to begin learning his next sealing technique. it was quite an interesting concept really, placing a flawed seal and using the chakra emanations that leak from it to identify and track its location, Ren’s major problem was how he was going to practice it. He knew how to form seals, but he needed both a way to see if his seal worked, since he didn’t know how to actually sense any emanations from the technique, and a living subject, since ideally he needed to have something mobile and living to practice on; sometimes being a loner had it’s disadvantages. ‘First things first though, I can at least start by practicing the seal itself’ Ren thought to himself, all he needed was a living subject.

Ren was standing over the waterfront, the tiled roof underneath his feet, his senses hardened to their utmost. Rens eyes scanned the waterfront, darting from place to place, searching for his prey. People walking by occasionally obscured his vision, but after a little bit of patience ren found what he was looking for, a mouse skittering across the pavement. Ren leapt from the rooftop down to the ground, skittering across the pavers and blocking the rat off from its bolt hole. “i’ve got you now you little rat!” he called out, internally laughing to himself over his pun as he swiped out grabbing the poor startled little mouse. ‘That was easy enough, now I just have to get this little guy home’ Ren thought as he started off towards his little apartment.

The door snapped shut behind him as Ren entered his little abode, the squirming figure of a mouse in his left hand. Ren wandered to his small little study and placed the mouse in a shoebox he had lying around. “Now then my little friend, you’re going to help me master this technique” he said, smiling to himself. he pulled out another scroll from his backlog of study that he still had to do, and began analyzing the sealing formula. “well this should be simple enough” he said aloud. Ren began channeling his chakra into his left hand, as he lifted up the lid of the box. Placing his hand upon the little mouse Ren released his chakra onto the back of the small creature. As Ren pulled his hand back from the mouse he saw a small black spot slowly fading from the skin of the mouse until it was indistinguishable from the skin of the mouse. “Huh, well I was expecting it to be easy but that wasn’t even a challenge, i’m happy with that result.” Ren said gleaming with pride and self confidence “now all I have to do is figure out how to track this.”

Ren placed the lid back onto the box leaving the mouse trapped again as he wandered over to his bed, okay now all I need to do is figure out how to track the little guy Ren thought as he threw himself back onto his bed trying to identify the best way to practice. Okay so if I sit here and try to perform the technique while i’m meditating it’ll probably be the easiest way to figure out the specifics of the technique, after that though my best bet would probably be to let the little guy go and see if I can track him through the city. Doesn’t sound too hard, at least not in theory. Ren closed his eyes as he began meditating, focusing his chakra and shaping his hands into the ram seal.

Rens chakra began to emanate around him as he attempted to tune it to the same frequency as that of the seal he placed moments ago. Them mark seal might be easy to place and understand but as a fundamentally basic technique it requires something far more advanced to actually be able to track the chakra contained within the seal. i’m glad that it’s my chakra in that seal, it would be beyond insane to try to track the seal if anyone other than my chakra was in it. Still I guess that has its advantages, after all it wouldn't be a very useful technique if other people were able to track it as well.

it took ren about an hour of meditation and tuning his chakra to the frequency of his seal before Ren was able to sense the faint emanations coming from within the box across the room. Hmm okay well this is the right frequency, and since I can sense the seal inside that box then that should mean I performed the seal right now I just have to work on being able to accurately track it. Ren thought standing up and walking over to the table as he released the mark tracking technique and lowering his hands from the position of the ram seal. Ren picked up the box containing the little mouse and gently carried it to the door with him, opening his door out into the torrential downpour that seemed to constantly cover the village Ren opened the box and pulled the squirming mouse from before out; as ren put the mouse down the little fellow bolted off into the streets probably looking for a bolt hole to hide from any other would be abductors. Meanwhile Ren turned back to his room, he would head off and do some more training while he waited for the little guy to hide and then come back and practice tracking at a longer range.

Wandering back to his study desk Ren opened up his copy of the jutsu encyclopedia he had purchased the other day and began flipping through the pages, looking for something interesting to learn while he passed the time, coming to an interesting page towards the back of the book Ren found a technique that sounded worth trying. “The Storage Displacement Technique” Ren read aloud “uses dimensional transference to store items in a similar manner to fuinjutsu sealing techniques, however where fuinjutsu techniques store the item within a sealed location within this reality ‘The Storage Displacement Technique’ forms a smaller pocket dimension unique to the user’s chakra that is used to hold items.” Hmm well I can think of quite a few ways in which this could come in handy, for one thing it would come in handy to be able to carry everything with me, more importantly I would probably be able to use it to augment some of my seals, maybe I can couple it with some fuinjutsu to increase the complexity of my sealing formulas without increasing their sizes. This sounds perfect!”

Ren began studying the book before him intensely, the massive tome having a quite informative portion on the specifics of time space manipulation and a thesis on the more commonly used techniques used to achieve these effects. Ren took particular note of the similarities to his fuinjutsu techniques, doing so helped him to understand the technique’s basic structure. Now having a basic understanding of space time manipulation Ren endeavoured to actually begin learning the technique. picking up an empty scroll at random ren began shaping his chakra in order to bend the space around the scroll; it wasn't as easy as it sounded, Ren tried ever so hard to pull open the fabric of space, but it wasn't the sort of technique that could be attained with sheer force or raw power, ren realised that try as he might just pouring chakra into space wouldn't be enough to perform the technique, he needed to perform some shape manipulation in order to actually achieve anything feasible. Sitting back down ren began to think about the best way to achieve what he wanted, the encyclopedia certainly explained the basics, but ren was a strong believer that he would learn things better by exploring them himself. Well I guess the best way to go about this would be to start by accessing a dimension to store things in, regardless of if I can actually use it right away. Ren thought to himself.

Ren flipped through the book once again before coming to a section on the nature of pocket dimensions and their creation; much of the information seemed far too advanced for him to really understand, let alone put into practice, there was an entire chapter on the theoretics on the creation of personal realms within which the jutsu user was capable of controlling every instance of their creation. Ren had a headache after reading the first page of that chapter, skipping ahead ren found a more basic section of notes detailing techniques used to initially create personal dimensions. the methods Ren found were almost exclusively far too advanced for him; he did however find a method of chakra manipulation more akin to some form of archaic ritual that would allow him to create a tiny pocket of space, certainly not something feasible in actual combat, but it didn't actually have to be used in combat, once ren had a pocket dimension in existence then he expected to find it far easier to access with a more simple technique.

Closing the room off from the light of the outside and muting the sound of rain as best he could ren sat cross legged in his room, his hands forming a triangle as he focused his chakra into the space between his hands, the energy condensing more and more focused, ren could feel his own energy fading as he poured so much of his chakra into that one point, condensing it till it seemed to suck in the space around it, then rather than releasing it ren put all his willpower into making that ball of chakra fold in on itself, once, twice, three times, as the ball folded in on itself for the fourth time there was a loud *Pop! As it ceased to exist, the compressed chakra bleeding into another reality. I did it! Ren thought now I just need to…

The young man who had put so much effort towards his training collapsed face down onto the ground, an exhausted sigh coming from his limp body as he passed out from over exertion, a cloud of dust rising up from his dirty floor as the light breaths of a person thoroughly asleep swept them up and away.

it was midnight before he was awoken by a chill harmonious voice calling out to him. Ren! Ren, what happened, wake up!?! Ren groaned loudly voicing his annoyance at being pulled from sleep. Oh thank goodness you're alright, what happened to you? As he began to come out of his peaceful stupor Ren felt unbelievable pain run through every muscle in his body. “Ugh I guess I over did it again huh?” Ren muttered aloud, too tired to make the effort to speak internally. You think!?!?! Kira replied angrily, she was clearly annoyed but there was more than a small tinge of concern in her voice, even if Ren was too thick to notice it. There I was enjoying a nice rest and trying to avoid messing with your training, when I feel you use up so much chakra that even I started to pass out! What the hell were you doing to use that much Chakra??? She scolded him. Ren just smiled weakly, “i’ll show you later, for now i’m way too tired to even try finishing it. Finishing it? What you just did nearly killed you, and you want to keep working on it?? Ren that’s crazy even for you! Kira continued scolding him with a barrage of words, but Ren had already passed out again

Ren awoke again in the morning, his eyes opening and slowly adjusting to the dark room, his back ached from sleeping on the hard floor all night, and his muscles felt like he had swam a hundred laps around the village last night. Ren sat up slowly forcing himself to move through the pain. it serves you right for being such an idiot you know Kira’s cool voice echoed through ren’s mind once again, the cold feeling of her presence serving to wake him up like a splash of ice cold water to the face. Kira had spent the whole night watching over him in concern, and was tired and irritable enough that she sounded more annoyed than she would like, Ren of course simply grumbled an apology as he wandered over to his kitchen to make some coffee and eat breakfast.

The two made some minor small talk as Ren ate his breakfast, but it was Kira who finally broached the topic of what had happened the night before. So are you going to show me what was so important as to nearly kill yourself last night or do I have to force it out of you? Ren paused in the middle of eating his toast. “hehehe well I suppose I should show you huh? okay, well let me finish my breakfast and practice a bit and then I'll show you what I learnt.” he said taking another bite of his toast as he scanned the room for something impressive that he could try his new technique on.

Ren went back to the middle of the room and picked up one of the scrolls that were scattered around the floor. Feeling the chilling presence of his body’s roommate Ren radiated a feeling of disgruntledness until he heard her saying Okay, okay I’m going, geez I’m just excited to see is all. Ren smiled as he felt her withdraw back into her own little world, he knew she was excited, but he wanted to surprise her once he could actually use the technique. Ren began to practice the technique again; forming the hand seals for the technique Ren began shaping his chakra once again, visualising it flowing out of him and into the base of the scroll, perfusing it with his chakra and concentrating it in the one section touching his hand, until that section glowed a bright white, then as his chakra reached a point where he thought he wouldn't be able to fit any more inside of the little scroll, then remembering what it felt like when he created his own little pocket of space, Ren began pulling with his chakra, focusing on each individual fragment of the scroll as if it was its own individual entity. Ren willed his chakra to float back into that lost dimension, taking the scroll fragments with it. Ren heard a quiet crackling sound as the scroll broke up into little pieces of light and flickered out of existence. Ren quickly performed the technique again and the scroll came flickering back into existence “Kira, I did it, come and see!” Ren shouted excitedly.

Oh hey, you're finished, now stop stalling and hurry up show me what was so important all ready. Kira said, bubbling with excitement and curiosity now that she was sure Ren was okay. “Hahaha, okay okay, just give me a second" he said picking up his plate as he stood up and walked out of the house. “Now watch carefully Kira” he said as he placed the plate down on the railing of the small walkway that connected his little apartment to the rest of the village. Forming the his hands into the Dog and then Rat Seals ren picked up the plate and then held it over the railing of his house. Closing his eyes Ren Released the plate just as he allowed his chakra to flow into it, Breaking it apart atom by atom as it slipped the object into another dimension, to the untrained eye it, Ren hoped, it would look like plate had disintegrated at his touch. Oh my god ren did you just turn that plate to dust??? That was an expensive plate you idiot, you could have done that on a rock or something, the least you could do is not use all the stuff we have to pay for when were almost broke as it is!!! Kira said exasperatedly annoyed again at the boy that was in her eyes acted more like a child than a man in his twenties. Ren walked down the walkway towards where the plate would have fallen if he had actually dropped it, forming a pair of hand seals on the way. “Your right Kira” Ren replied “I guess breaking that plate would have been a pretty stupid thing to do.” The plate flickered back into Ren’s hands as he said this; Kira, who had just started to scold Ren some more froze speechless. The plate? B-but didn't you break it a moment ago? Kira said confused. “Hahaha No, I just made it look like I did, I'm actually just shifting it into another dimension and back again. Told you it would be worth it!” Ren said gloating over his epic success. I-well… that is actually really freaking cool, you know what your right, it was totally worth it!!!! Kira said excitedly, Ahm- I umm... I mean yeah its cool but I still don't want you risking your life like that again. Kira said suddenly remembering her role as the bigger sister. “Hahahaha, Yeah, yeah I’ll try to be more careful” Ren laughed, enjoying his success. “But now that that’s done, I guess It’s about time I actually finish learning the mark seal. You wanna come watch me hunt down a mouse?” Ren asked still laughing happily. Umm Ren that sounds like the least impressive thing you've ever done, we used to hunt things much bigger than mice together so what's so special about this mouse. Kira scoffed at the foolish idea. “Ah well you see, I'm not after just any mouse, I’m actually going to hunt down a mouse i caught yesterday and left a mark on; I let the little guy go run off yesterday so that i could see if i'm able to track him down.” Ren Explained enthusiastically. Well I can't say that doesn't sound handy, you could use that on a deer and track it back to its nest. Sounds like it's going to make plenty of tasty snacks! Well what are we waiting for, let's go get lunch! Kira said as she licked her ethereal lips, Ren shivered as he visualised her intimidating smile.

Ren smiled as he felt the thrill of the hunt, the adrenaline beginning to pump through his veins. Ren shaped his chakra as he performed the hand seals for the mark tracking technique. Closing her eyes ren began to search for the frequency of the mark he placed yesterday, it took a moment, but then he felt the mark, a pulsing sensation in the back of his head, he could intrinsically tell exactly where the mark was. Ren started to walk off towards the southwest portion of the city, a demonic smile on his face.

The wind picked up whipping the rain around Ren as he strode through the streets. Ren could smell his prey, the little mouse had skittered all the way back to the port that he had captured it from the day before, he wandered down the port street with the wind blowing his coat behind him as he held the Ram seal to focus his chakra. Ren could feel the little creature directly in front of him, he could see it too, nibbling on some discarded food. The tiny creature looked up, a look of terrified horror on its face as it saw the giant that had kidnaped it the day before, the mouse darted across the street and down into the sewers below the city, no doubt desperate to escape.

Ren saw the little creature skittering off into the sewers, but this didn't bother him one bit, he could tell exactly where the little guy would be at any point, he felt the little guy running under his Ren turned around and ran towards the sewer exit he expected the mouse to come out of, needless to say that knowing it's exactly where the mouse was Ren was easily able to predict where the mouse was heading, as the little creature ran out of one of the sewer grates it felt two hands pick it up. As ren turned the mouse around the little guy came face to face with the man that undoubtedly had become its greatest terror. “Hey there little guy, remember me? you sure gave me a big hand helping me out with that little test run, maybe i should keep you around huh?” Ren said as he headed home a smile on his face, not only had he managed to master a plethora of new techniques but on top of that he’d managed to gain a new little test subject.

Ren wandered back into his house, the mouse still squirming in his hand. “well if you're going to be staying with me I guess i better give you a name huh? How does Alexander sound” he said as he put the little guy into the box that remained on his table, putting a little chunk of cheese into the box with Alexander. “I’ll get you a proper little cage some time tomorrow.” Ren said smiling, Alexander looked up squeaking as he nibbled on the chunk of cheese. You know you really shouldn't play with your food Ren Kira scolded Ren for his little bout of sentimentality Clearly you’ve been spending way too much time around humans, I could easily beat you in a hunting contest the way you are now.
WC: 3742, Claiming Mark Tracking, Mark Seal, and Storage Displacement. Claiming 17 Stat points

Last edited by CaiusShadowsong on Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen

Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:08 am

I calculated 17 stats, not 18. Let me know if my math is wrong though. <3