Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
The Lion, The Raven and the Carp Yesterday at 11:38 pmRiloA Late Night DipYesterday at 10:10 pmAkabayashi TerumiThe Culling Games: The FinalYesterday at 6:56 pmHimari HyuugaLeaving One's MarkYesterday at 12:28 pmSebastian MikaelsonDay One Greenie. Rise and Shine (Open)Yesterday at 11:08 amIchirō IshitoyaLord Paramounts Of The TridentWed May 08, 2024 10:00 pmMarabelle BlossomA toughtfull momentWed May 08, 2024 9:59 pmMarabelle BlossomDrowning his SorrowsWed May 08, 2024 9:59 pmMarabelle BlossomThe Fury Meets A FurryWed May 08, 2024 1:09 pmIchigo SatoFar Away Tue May 07, 2024 8:56 pmMegami Kuoga
Top posting users this month
24 Posts - 29%
19 Posts - 23%
10 Posts - 12%
8 Posts - 10%
4 Posts - 5%
4 Posts - 5%
4 Posts - 5%
4 Posts - 5%
3 Posts - 4%
3 Posts - 4%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : The Big Blood
Living Clones : Zidane
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 25000

A Crazy Story [P. Souji] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Crazy Story [P. Souji]

Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:21 am
Souji's perception was refined, and it seemed as if he was able to discern Guren's indirect mentioning of the jounin pair. The young man would immediately comment on his detection of the two, stating that he had relationships with both men. The first, Zaine, seemed to be closer to him. Partially due to the relationship between the Uchiha and Kyuketsuki. So was Souji's appreciation of Zaine only because of his mother? And was Zaine's interest and mentorship over Souji only a product of his infatuation with the young man's mother? Guren would silently assume so, considering the lack of belief that the jounin had in Souji. It had been a shame. To Guren, it could have been an optimal plan to have the two closest to Mizuki track her down. Perhaps they would have the most meaningful impact in bringing her back. But realistically, this was out of the question. Zaine's intent was made clear, and his distrust of sending Souji was also apparent. Guren would internalize this information though, and push off from the wall and take a seat in the chair next to Souji. 

"Aye, I do." the Third would respond in regards to Souji's comments on knowing Lord Second.

That was when the Hyuuga would continue to delve into his own self reflection. He admitted that the only thing he felt he could be was a shinobi. Guren slightly frowned at this idea. He himself was never a fan of people only ever looking at themselves as tools, or weapons for a village. This was the same thought that Suika had assigned to herself. But his following statements were interesting, requesting the Third to contact Kirigakure to give them a warning of what the future may hold. Guren would sigh momentarily before leaning back in the chair that sat close to Souji. He'd take a moment to look the young man over, noting the development from what Sunagakure's last updated reports contained on him. Truly he had been a different person from then, mentally and physically. With a slight sigh, Guren would then glance over his desk and the window which sat behind it. While Souji seemed to observe the view of Sunagakure, Guren would stare at the seat of the Kazekage. The last time he had this view of the throne was when he and Mizuki debated on her decision to flee the village. So much had happened since then, and both the internal and external politics of the village had changed dramatically.

"Souji," Guren began as he slightly rolled his neck over his shoulder to direct his gaze at the Hyuuga. "I agree with your ability as a shinobi. Which is why I think you are worth more than the title of a genin. This is why I'd like to promote you from a Genin, to a Chunin. However you are certainly more battle hardened and experienced than a Chunin. Which is why you're worthy, and now promoted to the rank of a Jounin. I can't say I know how you feel, but I've been in predicaments of my own. Knowing and acknowledging yourself is the most important aspect of being a person, let alone a shinobi. I suggest you see yourself as more than just a shinobi of the village, because you are."

With that initial statement Guren would stand from the chair, and straighten his posture. He'd walk towards his desk and turn in place. He'd rest both hands on top of his chair and prop his body weight against the window. "In regards to the Kirigakure and Hoshigakure situation, I would agree that a letter to Kirigakure is a good course of action. However, seeing as this involves three major villages, I think this may warrant a bit more severity. Not a single Kage Summit in the recent past has come without violence, but I think one may be needed. Or at least a level of communication between ourselves...and Hoshigakure. These are just my initial thoughts, and I'd like to talk through them with you. You are a Jounin of the village now, and I'd like to include you in on conversations that pertain to the village's prosperity and security."

Though Guren knew that no matter how they maneuvered through this situation would be tricky, he wanted to assess Souji's political views. How he would handle situations like this was important to the Third, and it was a crucial part of being entrusted with more power and pull in the village. He'd stand there behind his chair as he listened to how the newly appointed Jounin would respond.

WC = 766. TWC = 3532
Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen
Ryo : 0

Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:34 pm
With the confirmation of his assumption, the Hyuuga quietly nods. What came next was the Third’s words. Addressing him to gain his attention, which was successful. The man would look over to him. What came from his mouth was to the Hyuuga’s surprise. He blinked bewildered and stiffly. He was being promoted. Not once, but twice within the same breath. From Genin to chuunin, from Chuunin to Jounin. Souji felt a wave of mixed emotions wash over him. The words of the Kazekage were kind, complimentary and stern. He was sure of his decision. “Jounin? I’m honored, Guren. Usually I would have some witty remark for something like this, like ‘it’s about damn time’ or ‘I was wondering how many heads I would have to put in mountains before being notice’ but I can’t find one, or rather I don’t want to find one. I’m pleased by this, it feels deserving and for one I feel recognized. Thanks.” Guren advised that Souji began to see himself as something more, more than a weapon to be used. It was odd, this was something akin to what Zaine use to say to him. 

Taking note of the Kazekage standing and positioning himself near his desk. He would listen attentively, as much as he could with this new rank still filling him with emotions. Then it came from his mouth, he wanted to know Souji’s thoughts on a political decision…but why? Was that even something that he should be asking if the Genin, no, the Jounin? Souji did not rush with a response. Instead he pondered on the question, as well as the detailed facts given before it was asked. “You’re right, no summit appointed has ever ended in friendly terms. I’m more than a witness to that. But, it doesn’t mean that it’s impossible. I’ve witnessed some form of rationality at the last summit. A representative of Kumogakure, Ichigo I think his name was, was allowed the opportunity to leave before Murata and Mizuki began fighting.” He paused a bit, thinking back to that day.  Seeing it clearly. 

That being said, historically proven, all summits have been called when there is clear animosity in the air. Konoha against Kiri, then Suna against Kiri and now Hoshi against both Suna and Kiri. No matter how you look at it, things will not end reasonably. Hoshi has every right to be upset with the attempt on its home. We were clearly in the wrong, and I was but a soldier following orders of my superior. It’s a risky move, to call another gathering of the Kage would be to court war. At the same time, it could resolve itself peacefully, but I doubt Ayato will be willing to just accept an apology. His people will be expecting something in return, damn near demanding it. He’s for them, he will not disappoint them, I could see it in that sadden smile. He went against them once, that was him being reasonable. He won’t do it again.” The Jounin would stand from his seat and lean forward on the other side of the desk. 

I’m prepared to take ownership of my consequences, Guren. I’m not willing to allow our people to suffer for my mistakes. I will not. So, if we are doing this, I want to be apart of it. We should seek out Kiri and Hoshi. Somehow, some way come to terms. Best case scenario, Ayato would be fair in his demands, worse case, we have a war - in which case I turn myself over, willingly.” He stared into the eyes of his Kazekage as he spoke his points to him. 
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:21 pm
It was a shame that it had taken this long and these extremes for Souji to receive the promotion he deserved. Truthfully, he should have been promoted before the Summit. And in addition, Mizuki should had not taken Souji with her to the Land of Tea. It should have been Guren himself as the accomplice. It was a shame, as the events in the world would have played out much different if that had been the case. But the Third wasn't one for "should have's" and "could have's". Instead, he wanted to remedy the situation. And to do that, he had to begin with showing some appreciation to the Hyuuga before him. And it seemed as if the promotion was well received, which was evident by Souji accepting it and thanking Guren. The Blood Sage refrained from commenting further on the subject at hand, and would offer a slight wave of his hand. He didn't find it necessary for Souji to thank him, as realistically it was what the Second's son deserved. In any case, he'd continue with his motion of walking over towards his chair and listen to the response from the newly appointed jounin.

Souji seemed to reference previous displays of rationality, in regards to the Mizukage allowing a free departure for the third parties during the Summit. This was new information to Guren, but still wasn't very optimistic. She allowed a free departure because those other villages hadn't slighted her or Kirigakure. But he did know the Mizukage to be fair and of sound mind, as he reasoning with her over writing. This Ayato, the Hogokage, was a man that Guren knew very little of. He hadn't ever had many interactions with Hoshigakure, nor had Sunagakure since he had enlisted. Though he was aware of the tensions between Kenshin himself and the star village. Still, through whatever level of intel he had on them, he was unsure of how they would plan to act. This is where Souji lent his expertise. His words would come to no shock to the Third, as it was proper reasoning for the situation at hand. A summit could be beneficial, and simultaneously damaging. He stated that their people would expect some form of payment. And though Guren was reluctant to offer this, he had some offer in mind. He'd refrain from delving into that proposal though, as Souji's display and words were all too important at the moment. He displayed a level of maturity by offering to take ownership of his actions.

Guren straightened his posture in response, maintain his stoic expression. Though pleased with the level of thought gone into Souji's response, to him, turning Souji over to Hoshigakure was not a viable option. 

"Souji, thank you for your analysis. But as Kazekage, I cannot allow one of my own to go missing or die. Though I don't condone your, or Ibari's actions against Hoshigakure, I won't let you stand alone. I will plan to reach out to both Hoshigakure and Kirigakure, to discuss the situation at hand and plan to meet in person. I presume it would be best for me to go alone, as either party seeing you will result in less than ideal results. You were acting in command of a rogue superior. I cannot rightfully punish you, as you had no clue of Ibari's departure from the village. But it is my job as Kazekage, to accept the implications that are connected to our current and former members. It's the least I can do, considering what you have been through."

Guren's word were strong and focused. He was prepared to accept whatever fate he met, but he refused to allow another of his shinobi to die on his watch. Upon the end of his statement, he'd take a seat in his chair and lean back slightly. The Third was unworried, yet simultaneously deep in thought. With his mind made up, the next thing for him to focus on would be reaching out to both of the mentioned great nations.

WC = 673. TWC = 4205
Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen

Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:22 pm
It was now Guren’s turn to speak. Souji gave his standpoint in the question which was a test to scale his diplomatic stance on the matter. Souji didn’t piece that together before now, he understood that Guren has been testing him from the moment he uttered the word “Yo” to him upon entering the office. Guren thanked him for his analysis and then delved into the meat of the issue. He was unpleased by Ibari’s actions, chalking up Souji’s involvement to that of a perfect soldier.  

He would then tell him whatever he does he was going to do it alone. His way of protecting Souji. The Jounin would straighten his own posture as he looked at the man. But he wouldn’t impulsively challenge him on his decision. He could tell that this man was more stubborn than Ibari. He would merely nod in agreement to this. “If that’s your decision, I’ll support you in it, Guren. Just be careful, Kiri may stand to gain an ally in us, but they may also stand to gain a scapegoat if the pressure is on them from Hoshi. I don’t want you to suffer the same embarrassment as I did during Tea country.” Sure that he was speaking what the man already had considered in his making of his decision. It was just better to say it so that he knew it was on his mind. 

That being said, the Hyuuga would make his way to the seat he was sitting in previously. Taking a sit and he would close his eye. The white wisps of flames would flicker about his head from beneath the patch over his right eye. “So what now? You seem to be a good leader, very calculating and considering. You leave no room for reckless error, or any for that matter.” 

The Jounin managed to pick this much up about the man, and more that he didn’t feel he had to say. The last thing the Kazekage needed to hear from him was a breakdown of who he is based off his responses and questions. Souji wouldn’t have done him justice if he did. 
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:03 am
As Guren sat in the chair, he'd think more on the situation at hand. Souji seemed to accept Guren's decision, but nonetheless be cautious. He stated that Kirigakure may be willing to use Sunagakure as the sacrificial lamb should things run South. It was a possibility, but Guren hoped that would not be the case.

"True. Though I would hope the Mizukage I met, would be of a similar mindset as me. And should they have went through regime changes like us, I wonder who is currently in that seat. Still though, I appreciate the concern. And we can discuss the matter more with some of our other higher ups."

Following this, Souji maneuvered back to his seat and closed his uncovered eye. He'd then go on to question Guren's plan, offering a compliment in regards to the Third's leadership. Guren leaned his head to one side and propped it up with his raised hand, which stood as a kickstand between his jaw and the chair's armrest. 

"A leader is only as good as those who stand beside him. I've been supported by my late mentor, friends, and shinobi. Once upon a time, I was nothing more than a traveling vagrant that cared only about my own motives. Since joining this village and climbing the ranks, I've felt a deep devotion to protecting it and its people. I may not be as menacing as Kenshin or cynical as Mizuki, but I like to think I am as capable as both. And my priority is to preserve the village and invest in our people. Corny, cheesy, maybe. But the desert has grown on me in the years...."

Guren's voice would trail off slightly as he reflected on what he had experienced in the Sand Village, and what the future may have in store for him. His eyes diverted down towards the desk momentarily, but they'd soon after return to the jounin who sat in the chair across from him. 

"What is it that you need? And how might I help?" Guren asked in a rather direct tone. "Like Kenshin, I study the medical profession, specifically transplants. I've also been pioneering techniques and renovations to the village. The latest being the Sunagakure Recreational and Academic Campus, which is equipped with resources to help develop anyone in our village. It is where our residential sector is now. Visit it, and you'll get a key from the security clerk to a nice apartment. Your unit will be J2....In any case my latest ambitions have been to somewhat expand our influence. But that is taking a back seat to the ongoing Chunin Exams. Though I will need to prioritize briefing our higher ups with the information we've discussed today. But considering what we've got going on in the village and what I am capable of, I again would like to ask. Is there anything that you need from me, or would like to be involved in?"

WC = 491. TWC = 4696
Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen

Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:02 pm
Guren managed to respond to Souji’s concerns while asking him a question, perhaps the most import question he has ever been asked. “How might I help?” The Hyuuga brought his hand up to his chin, stroking it as he thinks. What could Guren help the man with? It was a heavy question for him, but somewhere deep down, it wasn’t all that difficult. He smiled and even gave a momentary chuckle. 

Standing to his feet as he lowered that hand from his chin he had his mind made up. “Take me under you tutelage and groom me to become a leader.” It was out, he said what he needed to. Unsure of how Guren would take that he wouldn’t wait for him to make a hasty decision. “I will give you some time to consider that. I know that may be asking for a lot, which is why I rather you think it over first.” 

Making his way to the door, exiting the office and the building all together. He would go and claim his apartment. 

Exit

TWC: 3788

1011 WC towards One Blow Body [V7] to complete learning. 
Learning Dominion for 2063
714 WC towards Spellbinding Seal 714/3750
Rokuro Masamune
Missing-Nin (C-rank)
Missing-Nin (C-rank)
Stat Page : The Goof Troupe

Remove Taijutsu Bukijutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 59500

Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:02 am
Approved
Guren Chinoike
Guren Chinoike
Sound 5 Commander
Sound 5 Commander
Survived 2021

Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:39 pm
The request from Souji was a bold one, yet one that Guren would honor. He'd keep it simple, meaning no time was necessary to think it over.

"Consider it done." 

As Guren said this, he'd wave his hand slightly to dismiss Souji who would in turn depart from the room. It had been a fruitful meeting, but now it was time to act on all of the information that had been revealed to the third.

- Exit - 

WC = 75. TWC = 4771

*Claims to be made later*
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum