Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Team 1!Today at 2:31 amJoro ShokkuWhat will become of us?Today at 1:36 amKutari UchihaBrutalityToday at 1:23 amTori JintaroBroken pieces of the past burn brightlyToday at 1:06 amAkira NamikazeSilver Lining [Training] [Private] Today at 12:55 amAzuki ShinodaFar Away Yesterday at 10:02 pmAmikiri GuhinGenin Gear Up !Yesterday at 7:04 pmTalon TauHere We GoYesterday at 2:32 pmAyato HyuugaLife is a HighwayYesterday at 2:32 pmAyato HyuugaTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:32 pmAmikiri Guhin
Top posting users this month
261 Posts - 42%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
37 Posts - 6%
37 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Mar Byrd
Mar Byrd
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 29000

No More Heroes Empty No More Heroes

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:22 pm
http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t42466-no-more-heroes#337099

Mar had left camp in order to procure the dead drop. The camp had all been collected in one large scroll and expanded out. It was obvious he'd been spending a lot of time on the road, and that his budget had recently increased. There was a still sweet smelling pot over a fire where cinnimon roles had been baked this morning over charcoal. The tent looked nice, ready for conditions many times more harsh than this. There was a medical kit propped up on one of two arm chairs facing out over the small cliff they were perched on. It was hot, but there was a breeze.

The ninja arrived back up the hill walking along the slope as if there were no problem. A large metal container roughly the size of his torso was attached to him via a back pack. It looked heavy but he did not even grip onto the straps to balance himself. He'd carried far greater burdens than this before. "Urg, so many secrets with this job. We got the last half of the instructions Eli, it's like a figured. We'll be delivering this to Flaretown. Which has been under quarantine for six weeks. They gave a rather blunt, but honest note. The drugs are gonna be fatal to just under half of everyone there. But they'll save the other half from certain death. We got to get it there by sunrise, or lotsa folks are gonna start dropping dead without their fighting chance here." He explained, handing the note to Eli directly. It read,

"Greetings, I am Doctor Mary Yonovi.
You are currently carrying 370 trillion microbes, key to the advancement of medicine as a whole. And the reason I lost my medical licence. The people of Flaretown have only one chance, the Viral Hemoragic Fever has contaminated their water supply so don't drink any non bottled fluids while you are in town. These microbes are known as pheonix bugs. They are meant to double the lifespan of the human body. This is a slightly toned down strain of the real thing, which boasts a 90% mortality rate and the same benefit listed. Though this will only boost the lifespan by 10%, the mortality rate will only be 45%. The healthy and strong, mostly the younger adult population will have the strength to fare through this. But I will remind you that no one has survived the fever yet. If they make it through the three days of sickness to my microbes. Survival is certain. Godspeed, 10,000 lives hand in the balance."

"I'll be doing the heavy lifting, this thing probably weighs about as much as my whole body." Mar explained. "From then on, we'll have to make a plan. There's been a large wall assembled and lined with ninja and soldiers to keep the quarantine. They'll attack us on sight when we enter past the blocked roads. The town is on a small island with two bridges. Both locked down, but we'll be sitting ducks going along the water. If we're feeling extra clever or charming. We could try and sneak in with one of their aid deliveries."
Okabe Shukai
Citizen
Stat Page : Soon
Remove Bukijutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Weaponry
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 500

No More Heroes Empty Re: No More Heroes

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:58 pm
Eliwood was fascinated with the man known as Mar Byrd. A technological whizz with herculean strength. He was a dangerous man with a friendly face, just like Eliwood. The monk found the man very agreeable to work with, which suited a serious mission like this well. He didn't know how well someone like Seiichi or Maku would handle such a delicate situation.

Reading over the note, the writing was very cold. It gave statistics and numbers about their assignment. It appeared that the person who wrote it was detached from the whole thing and the amount of death it would cause. Eliwood tried to put on a happy face and not think about it.

"This is a heavy job we have got here." He said along the way, "and I am not talking about what you are carrying there."

(WC 139)
(TMWC 665)
Mar Byrd
Mar Byrd
Citizen

Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:18 pm
Mar nodded seriously. "I've defiantly never held this many lives in the balance of a mission before. Atleast the burden on my back feels about appropriate~ But hey, you're a part of a team for this mission. Don't worry so much about what's at stake, our only concern is doing out job well. Delivering a little backpack through some ninja who don't know we're coming is way easier than saving the masses from a killer infection yeah?" He reassured his friend. Going over options as they traveled to find a better vantage point of the perimeter.

"Though on the bright side, think of what girls will have to say to us when we say that we saved ten thousand folks on a weekend huh?" He also countered.The call of companionship was not lost on him and indeed he'd get a real kick about sharing this one around the Chortleing Chunin with his friends. 'Especially if I can get through the whole thing without a massaquer' he thought. The terrain was fair and open, broken up heavily by small. Still rivers and ponds that they walked along the surface of without difficulty. The grass grew more and more brown as they neared the cursed little city. Who knew what kind of crisis they faced under lock and key with so much of their population on the line?

The ninja discussed more about their options. "When I had to infiltrate a closed off town like this before I summoned Nectar and flew at ten thousand feet directly into the center of town and lowered myself down. But that town had smokestacks. So I had cover going all the way down. Here I fear that they could catch us and use some kind of countermeasures. So I think it's imperative that we use either supreme stealth, or a solid distraction. Now I think I could cause some more damage on the distraction standpoint but uh. Can you carry this stuff? I could have Nectar work with you, it's worth mentioning that little guy can peck through concrete like a super hero woodpecker."

Thusfar he'd gotten along on the talents of him and his summon, but was very interested in the possibilities of working with Eli and seeing how he actually liked to solve problems. He was happy that his heart seemed to be into it. He would have expected say Seiichi to show more detachment to the subject. He trusted the ninja to transport the goods to the destination if they had a solid plan to make it work. It was a delicate scenario where they wanted to avoid damage to the town and especially the supplies. But he knew they could pull it off. All it would take is some patience. Then seizing their opportunity.
Okabe Shukai
Citizen

Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:10 am
Mar reassured Eliwood that he was not alone in the weight of what they were doing. He knew deep down that saving all of the sick was a pipe dream and that this cure, while brutal, would save the most lives in the end. They just had to make sure to actually get it there. He had not given much thought to companionship. He had met some kind men and women on his journeys, but never one he couldn't walk away from. In fact working at the Chunnin has been his his longest stay in one place, if you could call it that, since he left the temple. The people were friendly and interesting. He could see himself sticking with them for a while.

"Well I do lean towards the stealthy side myself, but I think in this case it would be best if we dont cause any unnecessary destruction. These people will suffer enough without some broken walls." He scratched his head and pondered a way in. "How closed off are we talking? I could always cause a scene at the gates. I have a bear friend who owes me a favor." He proposed as they walked. If the security was tight then there would be no other way, Eliwood and Nectar could carry the cures while Mar drew their attention.

(WC 222)
(TMWC 1333)

Last edited by Eliwood Mossgrove on Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mar Byrd
Mar Byrd
Citizen

Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:23 am
“Well these walls weren’t originally here by the way, once the quarantine is over they’ll be taken down anyways. I’d reckon they're about fifteen meters tall with spikes on the top.” Mar summarized, finally they were as close as they could get without being spotted. Mar kneeling down in the 250 feet away from the nearest gate. “Whatever distraction you make, just make sure there’s not great consequences. What I mean is they’re liable to shoot on sight if you run for the wall but if you... pretend to be hurt or anything. They aren’t exactly going to execute ya if it goes wrong. Oh and I have a present that should make your end smoother.”

His hands coming together in the clone seal. Two exact copies of itself appeared with a smile and a salute. “Whatever you want to do, they can help you out. Weather it’s subtle and you want them to rescue you after you’re in the custody of the guards. Or weather you want to raise some hell. I could tear down that wall with one punch for instance. Though of course we don’t actually want people to escape and spread the disease.” The gate was built up with temporary wooden fortifications like a small fortress.  Search lights, archers armed with crossbows, barricaded to prevent wagons from going in. 

“Me I’ll make my way inside as quick as possible. I can body flicker once I get close to the wall.. But if anybody see’s me at all, well it’s bad news.” He began planning out his path. Paying close attention to the lines of site that the three closest marksman had on him. He considered weather it might be smart to just kill some and replace them with shadow clones. But decided it was too risky. Disguises could always go haywire the less that he knew about those he was copying. “The best place I can infiltrate is going to be a hundred meters to the left. Are you going to be alright here?” He inquired, looking to split up to minimize how many potential spotters could find him.

As he began to move into his final position he realized the direction most of the soldiers were facing, Inwards. It was not nearly as much the distance he had to cover to get to the wall but getting inside perfectly. It’d also create bigger problems if they saw him performing jutsu and getting in. Then they might go as far as to call shinobi which could be problematic even for him and doubly so for the people within. The distraction would definatly be more important than his job. He had a number of gymnastics routines that could take him over the wall. But believed that a tripple jump would be the most subtle.
Okabe Shukai
Citizen

Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:30 pm
Mar described the defenses surrounding the location, the place was locked down tight. They really didn't want anyone getting in or out. Eliwood couldn't blame them, if the disease spread they would be in some serious trouble. How would he do this? That disagreeable bear would help but he hated trying to calm her down. She was old and rash and Eliwood always had to watch his back around her.

"I think I can do this without the clones...but uhh.. maybe have them watch and save me if things get bad.." he said a little nervously. From there he performed the necessary hand signs and bit his finger to perform the summon.

"Hello Gubna. Long time no see...hehe" The monk tried to look happy to see the bear, "I need your help with a.."

"EHH? Where the hell do you get off asking me for favors?" The bear interrupted, "You've got some nerve. What is it then? Out with it." She spat.

Eliwood took a little step back and bowed his head slightly as he spoke, "I need you to do what you do best, be scary. We have to cause a distraction so my partner can sneak into a quarantine zone." He motioned to Mar so he could introduce himself to Gubna.

Gubna looked at Mar and grinned, "Now he looks like he can handle himself. You...you're hopeless mosshead. Thin as a toothpick and always actin' scared. Name's Gubna, dont count on that flighty monk. I only signed a contract with him because he brought me a pretty tasty deer."

Eliwood fidgeted embarrassed by the harsh words, "Charming as ever I see. Well I shall leave you to do what needs to be done. I will see you when you get back hopefully. Good luck Mar."

After they parted ways to accomplish their tasks Eliwood would begin to explain his plan to his bear companion.

"So what I need you to do is come running after me once I get the guards' attention. You can bat me around a bit but dont get too rough, please. I just need you to make it look like theres a dangerous wild animal assaulting me." He paused and noticed how excited Gubna looked already, "We just have to take their eyes off of their posts for a few moments so Mar has enough time to get in. Getting out is much easier. He can just high tail it through the walls if worse comes to worst. I assume you have no trouble with the plan?" He asked.

Gubna just shook her head and licked her lips, "This'll be fun."

(WC 437)
(TMWC 2237)

Last edited by Eliwood Mossgrove on Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mar Byrd
Mar Byrd
Citizen

Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:05 pm
The engineer was certainly curious as to what Eli had in mind. Having little idea overall of his capabilities. Given the company he kept, the shinobi's expectations were pretty high. But he hated to assume. "Charmed." Mar replied at Gubna, finding her brash comments endearing until he believed they'd gone too far. Before he left replying. "I don't think he asked your opinion, the contract is a two way street. You will show my friend respect for him to do the same in kind or so help me god I'll sign him on with the Valks of Ventus and march to whatever backwards forest you prowl around in to kick your ass myself." He grinned, his comment was partly from a place of humor but he did want to get a point across. Reaching to his rations he took out a sweet smelling sack of creme rolls he had leftover from Akihan's hospitable cooking. Leaving the two a parting gift.

The Shinobi rolled up his sleeves as the time drew near. Even from a distance he heard the guards warning to Eli before they saw the 'predicament' he was in. "Do not come any closer to the quarantine wall, turn back now or-" There was an audible silence as the scene played out according to plan. Chaos ensued quickly as ten of the nearest dozen soldiers piled in closer. Eager to catch a piece of action after a long and depressing post, the other two hung back to watch with interest from a distance.

Opening the fifth inner gate and performing the silent footsteps jutsu. Mar rushed forward when the distraction was at it's pinnacle. The only sound being the light of the grass being disturbed in the breeze that he made. 'Stealth, stealth, quick, silence, crap.' He thought, seeing that it would be impossible to evade the line of site of one of the most distant guards in the back. But he had a plan for this. With one small hop putting him in the prime position for another followed by one flipping high jump he rushed up faster than the soldier could even cry out. Kicking him in the head with a foot and holding onto it with the surface walking technique as he came down to the ground. The sound of his kick, and their landing all silenced by his jutsu as only the soles of his feet touched the ground. The man was concussed, exactly as Mar planned. Making it look like he'd fallen off the wall in an accident before stealthily slipping into town. Now he just needed to distribute the meds and get out of here.

Eliwood and Gubna however. Had their own complications to contend with. Almost in reaction, three crossbow bolts would land nearby the duo. Before the crew realized that she was too close to the young man to take a shot from this distance without risk of hitting him. An event they were not prepared for. Out of the six standing at the base behind the barricades, three ran inside and held closed the door while the other three grabbed spears and torches. Inching closer after they got to the fifteen meter mark hoping to scare the creature away.

"You never should have come here." The commander of the guard batallion declared. Making himself known with a heavy leap from the top of the gates battlement and landing on the ground with a clang. He flourished his knife in the sunlight, which as if by magic grew longer and longer like a rapier and then as far as one of the longswords his men was carrying. It was obvious he was bad news for both of them, and maneuvered to be on their flank opposite of the men with spears. He was walking forward carfuly, but without fear.

Spoiler:
Okabe Shukai
Citizen

Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:47 am
After they had agreed on a plan, Eliwood ran a little ahead of Gubna. He wanted it to appear as though he was running from a vicious bear. Gubna however, took the opportunity in stride and maybe got a little bit too into her role.

"H-help! B-b-bear!" He called out trying to sound terrified. The guards attention seemed caught up in the ruckus and they came to see what was going on. As Eliwood stopped at the foot of the wall and called up, Gubna would rush in. She swatted the lithe monk aside with enough force to knock the wind out of him. No real damage, except to his pride. He slid in the dirt a couple of meters from the summon and quickly hopped back to his feet, only to see the same bear charging his way. He shot Gubna a concerned glare, but all he could see on her face was a smile. Just before she slammed her massive body into him he jumped up and propelled himself a little further with wind so he would jump clear over the barrelling creature. He made a dash towards the wall again, now worried that she wasnt just acting. She was already spun around and on his tail when the thud of boots jumping down onto the ground made them both stop and look. A couple crossbow bolts were fired, it appeared as though they were aiming for Gubna and actively avoiding hitting Eliwood with their shots. At least that was a good sign.

"You never should have come here." A voice boomed out.

His armor clanged on impact with the dirt and he was wielding a beautiful yet scary looking blade. The monk could tell this was not a fight he wanted right then.

He tucked his head and whispered to Gubna, "He looks like bad news. Just act scared of the torch flames and run. I'll handle it from here." He only had a few moments to talk so he figured he would have to confront her about the attack at a later time.

She too seemed to sense that this would be a tough fight and needed Eliwood's warning. She let out a nervous roar and swatted at the men holding torches' direction before turning tail and hauling it into the treeline.

Eliwood stood up and nervously rubbed the back of his head, "Oh however can I thank you strong gentleman. I thought for sure that was the end for me." He said humbly to the large leader and his men. He hoped they were not hostile towards him and were indeed coming to his aid. He did not want to see how good this man was with that fancy blade he carried.

'I wonder how Mar is getting along. I want to get out of here as soon as possible. Flame protect him while he is in there.' He thought to himself. For all he knew Mar could be in deeper trouble than he was right now.

(WC 502)
(TWC 1300)
(TMWC 3377)
Mar Byrd
Mar Byrd
Citizen

Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:31 pm
Mar's clones, which sensed the danger of the situation even from their vantage point from afar. Decided that they'd collaborate Eli's tactic of playing dumb and embracing his original plan. Which they felt would go smoother and attract less heat than any kind of open attack. So, sprinting from the bushes. Fast enough to be believable but also to get to Eli before Atomo did. The first thing the wind Ninja would realize is that the two copies of the engineer had shape shifted into an old woman and a little girl respectively. 

The old woman looked to be 70 and was carrying a purse. Her white hair rustleing through the wind as she sprinted in high heels like an olympic athlete before calming down and hunching over with a walker once again. The little girl was half her size, appearing to be only 9 or ten years old and wearing a little shirt with a bunch of musical notes surrounded by a swirling wind design. There seemed to be a clear, almost too clear resemblance to the two of them and Eli. Almost like they were his direct sisters rather than any type of other relation. With the little ones short green hair and the long ones white robes trimmed with designs slightly similar to fire.

"Daddy!" The little tike called out. Hugging his arm instantly while the elder swooned expecting her 'grandson' to catch her. Once he was within this short distance to the ninja. He could see just how Far Mar had gone to coberate his story. The little girl had claw marks deep along her back and the woman had a scarf just like his which had been ripped in half. This combined show made the swordsman (who was pointing the tip of his blade aimed at Eli's heart exactly and steadying it with his other hand) pause. Not knowing what to make of it.

The soldiers around him however, had instant reactions. They were sold three times over, and had a much clearer human connection. "This girl needs help, a doctor!" "How did you even make it this far?" "Are you alright?" One of them was scratching their head. "Bears aren't indigenous to this biome at all. There's nothing they could make a stable diet out of..." But his voice was barely heard between all the commotion. Somone appearing to be second in command appearing. Saying. "We can get her stable, you can't go into the city. Obviously that would be certain death. But there's a wagon coming in to deliver supplies and count dead in 2 days. If you want to stay with us, they can take you-" The woman theatrically swooned yet again, dropping her walker entirely. "Eliwood, tell these heroic boys that beast made me abandon my heart medicine. I need a pharmacist tonight."
Okabe Shukai
Citizen

Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:16 am
Mar was as clever as he was eccentric, his clones made their way to help Eliwood out of the tough situation he was in. They no longer resembled the engineer and in fact they appeared to look more like Eliwood than anything. The younger looking clone grabbed the monk's arm and called him "Daddy". The older one must have been meant to look like his mother or grandmother. This was perfect. The guards were looking still apprehensive when it was just Eliwood, but now the family dynamic was pulling at their heartstrings. He needed to also keep up the act if it was going to be convincing, so he hugged the child when she ran up and even managed to catch the older clone as it swooned. "Careful now. You need not push yourself. I told you two I would handle the talking."

He turned back to the soldiers who now wanted to help however they could. "Anything you can provide would be greatly appreciated. As you can see my mother and daughter badly need medical attention. I had no idea there was something going on in town. We were headed here to look for medicine when that bear came out of nowhere." He picked the smaller clone up and put her on his shoulders while taking the hand of the older clone to steady her.

"If you cannot help then we might need to look elsewhere. As my mother said, her heart medicine was lost in the confusion. She needs more as soon as possible." He hoped Mar was already on his way out as Eliwood didn't know how much longer he could hold the guards' attention.

One of the crowded men stepped up and said, "Theres a town with a small clinic a few miles from here. If you hurry you could make it by morning."

At least one of the men was a kind soul. Eliwood nodded towards him in thanks, "Thank you very much. We do not have enough time to wait for the cart that is coming." He bowed to the leader of the guards out of respect and turned to walk away. "Good luck with the situation inside the town. It looks like things are bad here. Flame guide thee. " he said as he walked away.

The clones definitely saved him there, now all that was left to do was to hope he provided a good enough distraction. Who knows, maybe Mar was already back from the delivery. Either way he would head back to where the pair split up and wait to meet back up. From there the job would be done and they could head home. Hopefully Akihana would have some delicious food for them on their return.

(EXIT)
(WC 456)
(TWC 1756)
(TMWC 4305)

Claiming 4 stamina

Claiming 4800 ryo mission reward 

Claiming 1700/2500 WC towards Musical Art: Absolute Silence
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum