Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Life is a HighwayToday at 7:11 pmMegami KuogaBreakaway (exit)Today at 5:15 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Today at 3:15 pmGoto SenjuAqueous Transmission Today at 2:39 pmDante HyugaWorking With a New Friend!Today at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Today at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionToday at 1:41 amKayori HatakeEvery Rose Has it's Thorn Yesterday at 11:20 pmZim NaraAnother Brick in The Wall Yesterday at 10:01 pmZatoichi Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
35 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Risako Akara
Risako Akara
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 47750

Asami vs Akane Empty Asami vs Akane

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:45 am
Round Two
Rules:
- We're following the 48 hour rule, but if the fights drag on too long I'll be posting to interrupt and end them.
- Don't kill your opponent.
- Be friendly with one another OOC, and discuss any problems with one another via PM before asking for a battlemod.
- Breaking any rules may lead to disqualification.
- The barriers and glass are in place to prevent you from killing spectators, by posting you agree that they're strong enough to withstand any jutsu used in the exams.
- Post your stats in a spoiler within your first post.

Like most other days in Konoha the skies were clear, though the weather was a tad on the hotter side. Most of the village was quiet, except for the large bustle taking place in the arena. The battlefield of the arena was a circle roughly one hundred meters in diameter. The walls that separated the contestants from the spectators were roughly thirty meters high. To protect them from any stray jutsu or weapons, thick glass was implemented along the top of the wall along with several barriers erected by fuinjutsu. The glass and barriers stood another twenty meters over the walls themselves. The seating did not go above this. The arena itself was flat, with patches of grass growing here and there but no major cover to hide behind. The contestants themselves were housed within a waiting room on either side of the arena across form one another. By this point in the day, the crowd had recognized who they were surrounding and began to strike up casual conversations when they could. Miko was listening over her earpiece for the ready signal from the ANBU who were helping. The secretary tapped her boss on the shoulder before letting her know that the contestants were ready. Clutching the microphone that was attached to the collar of her shirt, the Hokage began to announce that the second of the fights was set to begin. Her voice echoed throughout the area via speakers.

"Asami Miyamoto and Akane Uchiha, you may begin when you are ready."
Asami Miyamoto
Asami Miyamoto
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 61635

Asami vs Akane Empty Re: Asami vs Akane

Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:50 pm
Stat City:

Waiting room '3D' or was it '8D'?

Asami couldn't be quite sure as the sign that denoted the number had long since worn away into something that could very well be interpreted as either an eight or a three. Nevertheless, as she waited her turn to enter the Colosseum, she tried her hardest to tease out what the faded symbols had once indicated. Perhaps she should have been going over strategy or maybe praying to her preferred diety, but instead, she did anything and everything to keep her mind from the coming fight even resorting to untightening and retightening the straps on her sandals. Unfortunately, the crackle of a speaker quickly made any such attempts to keep the coming battle from her mind moot.

"Asami Miyamoto, you may proceed to the arena."

Taking a breath, the young girl stood up and began what felt like the longest walk in her life. Her palms tingled and her heartbeat jumped about erratically. Yet, as the roar of the crowd grew louder and louder with each step, she found—much to her surpise—that she wasn't afraid. No, not fear, but rather excitement and anticipation surged through her. Adrenaline flowed liberally through her veins and everything seemed to move at a sluggish pace around her. The high of a true fight hit the unexperienced genin like a ton of brick and she found she actually liked the intoxicating feeling.

She was ready or rather she felt ready.

Kind of the same thing, right?

At last, the hallway leading into the arena came to an end and Asami took her first steps onto what would soon become a battlefield only stopping once the door she came through was five meters behind her. If her heartbeat had been erratic before it now felt as if it might very well leap from her chest. The sun shone down directly overhead leaving not a single shadow in the arena and the crowd seemed larger than life. For some reason, with the way the arena was set up, Asami could not help but feel like a goldfish in a fishbowl. Of course, goldfish didn't normally engage in combat with other goldfish, so perhaps the comparison was lacking.

Oh well.

It is also probably worth noting that the young girl also looked nothing like a goldfish, she dressed for war. Her calf-length black tights allowed for mobility, the flak jacket clasped around her torso provided protection from her waist to her biceps, and the headband of Kirigakure that hung loosely around her neck proudly declared her allegiance. Under her flak jacket, she wore a long-sleeved shirt of light blue whose sleeves stopped just before the wrist. Strapped to either thigh was a single weapon pouch positioned to allow the girl to reach her arsenal without any unnecessary movement. Indeed, the only thing that did not scream 'warrior' about the girl—save for her slim frame and well-kept hair—was a silver ring affixed to her left ear.

Now came the waiting game. The only other way into the arena stood directly opposite Asami and her opponent had yet to appear. So, the young girl would wait for both her opponent to arrive and for the fight to officially begin. Of course, if no one appeared in a timely manner the fight would be declared in Asami's favor by default and, though the chuunin-hopeful would never say it aloud, she really did hope her opponent would be a no-show. In fact, if no one did end up showing up, the young girl would listen to the announcement of her victory with a sigh of relief and shuffle back to the waiting room.

AP: 328

TWC: 607
Sarah Uchiha
Sarah Uchiha
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 500

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:45 am
Statistics:

Akane had been dreading hearing her name called ever since she first entered the arena area. The time in which she spent waiting for her name to be called while in the waiting room felt to her like an eternity. It was nice, though, as she was able to pass the time by watching the battle that was happening in round one behind some safety glass. She studied the movements of her competition and took them to heart as the victor was announced and she applauded along with the crowd in order to show her congratulations.

It was then she received the announcement to come down to the field.

Taking in a deep breath, trying to relieve herself of the shakes developing along her body, she would make her way down from the waiting room to the field that rested and waited for her. Her opponent was to be someone she didn't know, making her even more nervous, as thoughts of whether or not she was ready flashed through her mind every few seconds. Her heart raced and her mouth felt dry as she stepped out onto the arena grounds where the sun shined brightly and knocked her out of her demoralizing way of thinking. She looked to see her opponent already waiting for her in the center of the field as Akane felt it was time to stop being nervous and just show the people what she could do as she walked over to the center to meet her opponent.

She would walk until she stood ten meters away from her opponent, Asami, as she sized Asami up to see if she could see anything distinguishing. Her chakra senses would warn her of her opponent's quite sizable amount of chakra as she noted it and began wondering if her opponent was skilled in ninjutsu like her. She noticed a sort of earring in her left ear that shone in the sun which made her wonder if it was possibly related to jutsus of any kind. Also she took notice that Asami had a headband with the symbol depicting her as a ninja of the Mist village which made Akane nervous once more as she had no clue what to expect in a fight with a ninja from a foreign village. Her own headband she had wrapped around her forehead, the glint of the sun catching the iron plating around the Konoha symbol etched within, as she continued to look for anything else depicting Asami as different from others she met. Other than those things Akane couldn't make too much out of Asami other than the fact she looked around her age. She didn't want to start things too much off on the wrong foot as Akane would smile wide.

"Hi! Nice to meet you. As the announcer, uh, announced my name is Akane Uchiha. I hope to have a great match with you and may the best Genin win."

With that said Akane would get into a combat stance, ready to start the battle, as she would watch her opponent and wait for her to make the first move.
Asami Miyamoto
Asami Miyamoto
Citizen

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:00 pm
So much for the easy win.

Her opponent, Akane Uchiha as the announcer kindly informed her, seemed harmless enough. However, looks, as Asami well knew, could more than a bit deceiving in the shinobi world especially when it came to the Uchiha clan. While the chuunin-hopeful wouldn’t claim to be an expert when it came to the clan, she knew what everyone knew: the Uchiha clan had a stellar record when it came to churning out competent shinobi. Clearly, this fight would be far from a cakewalk.

I might lose.

A barb of doubt jabbed at her insides draining the excitement from her body in an instant leaving only a cold empty feeling of dread. Watching as Akane made the long trek across the battlefield, Asami found herself wanting to be anywhere else in the world, anywhere. Cleaning the bilges of her father’s boat, helping her mother garden, she wanted nothing more than to walk back through the door she’d entered through and run back to Kirigakure. Unfortunately, said door had long since closed behind her—she could not escape.

The only way was forward.

Forward and through.

Forward to victory and through her opponent.

The other Kunoichi would not get the chance to exchange pleasantries with Asami. In fact, she would hardly get the chance to flash her wide smile for it would be met with the cold steel of a kunai. As Akane took the painfully slow last two steps that would put her exactly ten meters away from her, Asami acted with all the speed she could muster (125 spd). A kunai, whose grip had been wrapped in an exploding tag to make it less visible when in flight, dropped from her right sleeve (100 spd) into her chakra-infused right hand. It did not, however, remain there for long as the chuunin-hopeful flicked it towards Akane just as the Uchiha lifted her left foot to make the last step towards Asami.

If nothing altered the course of events thus far or hereafter, the kunai would hopefully hit the unprepared Uchiha squarely in the chest right before she came to a stop and end the fight before it got too heated. Naturally, Asami had no intention of denotating the tag attached to the kunai if it hit. The rules had emphasized no killing and the young girl wasn’t too keen on beating up on a defeated opponent if she could avoid it. For whatever reason, she still clung to the fragile ideal of honor.

Nonetheless, after the kunai left her hand, neither of Asami’s hands would remain idle.

[TWC: 1031]

Spoiler:
Sarah Uchiha
Sarah Uchiha
Citizen

Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:42 am
Akane was surprised to see her opponent suddenly brandish a kunai from out of her sleeve as she grew immediately cautious and the crimson hues of her Sharingan instantly popped up into her eyes before the girl could throw. The moment she did Akane's improved vision was able to track everything about it thanks to her eyes as she could see the explosive tag wrapped around it's hilt ready to blow. Being ten meters away Akane's first reaction to the incoming explosive kunai was to run to the side as she moved at top speed (120) to the left for about 2 meters. Her eyes kept track of her opponent before smirking as four kunai would appear out of her own sleeves (100 speed), two in each hand, as she tossed them at her opponent.

The way she threw them the kunai would travel towards her opponent, at first, close together before hitting each other once they were within two meters of her opponent and changing direction in midair to the point where they branched out both horizontally and vertically: one to the left of Asami, one to the right, one moving up, and one still moving directly towards her. She would stay in motion to the left in case the opponent dodged somehow but she would keep in distance of her opponent so that she'd have no trouble getting in close if she needed to. She'd stay within ten meters of her opponent while doing all these actions.

(Jutsu used: Sharingan (Third Tomoe): -1 AP; +20 speed/ +50 RT = 120 speed/210 RT
Jutsu Copying: Hidden Arms Technique: -10 AP; -4 kunai
Skill used: Uchiha Advanced Weaponry: +10 Throwing Speed
Kunai Speed: 130 (120+40=180/2=80+40=120+10=130)
Kunai Range: 65 (130/2=65)
Kunai Sharpness: 90 (40 Strength + 120 Speed = 160/4=40+50=90)
Kunai Health: 50
AP Remaining: 254-11=243)
Asami Miyamoto
Asami Miyamoto
Citizen

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:20 am
“Surrender.”

The word fell from Asami’s lips like a lead weight. The once rowdy crowd had gone silent; the chants ceased and cheers faded. The drawn-out battle between two genin everyone had come to expect from such a tournament never came. No, it was all over in an instant. Indeed, for the largely civilian audience, it had not been much of a show at all.

“Surrender,” Asami repeated herself, more desperate than before.

A wave of whispers washed over the crowd as the more astute members of the crowd—probably shinobi themselves—informed their neighbors of how a kunai came to be buried up to its grip in the center of Akane Uchiha’s chest. The wound itself would probably not be fatal if she got medical attention immediately, but first the Uchiha had to concede the fight. Of course, if she could speak through the shock was anyone’s guess.

“Surrender,” Asami now pleaded with the Uchiha who may have or may not have understood her.

If the Uchiha surrendered or fell unconscious from the pain medical shinobi would descend upon her and see to her wounds. Asami, for her part, would give a shallow bow to the stands from where the higher-ups watched and then go on her way. Halfway down the corridor back to the waiting room, however, she had to pause and lose her lunch in a nearby trash can. She could deal with most things save for blood. Blood got to her every time and she had just seen more than enough blood for a single day thank you very much.

If, however, by some miracle, the Uchiha elected to continue the fight it would end poorly considering the explosive tag sitting nearly flush with her skin. If this path were chosen then the tag would simply explode before Akane could make a move in any direction. It would send her body parts this way and that leaving nothing of the young genin who had dared challenge a shinobi of the Mist.

Woe to the vanquished.

[Potential exit, claiming victory. TWC: 1370, +6 stats and 1370 words to fissure vent]

Rationale for calling hit:
Sarah Uchiha
Sarah Uchiha
Citizen

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:49 am
(That's a bit too desperate of a play imo. Let me give you my rundown:

"As Akane took the painfully slow last two steps that would put her exactly ten meters away from her, Asami acted with all the speed she could muster (125 spd). A kunai, whose grip had been wrapped in an exploding tag to make it less visible when in flight, dropped from her right sleeve (100 spd) into her chakra-infused right hand. It did not, however, remain there for long as the chuunin-hopeful flicked it towards Akane just as the Uchiha lifted her left foot to make the last step towards Asami. "

There are a lot of different variables to take into account with this post. First you wish to utilize your first action while I'm taking my last two steps towards you. You commit said action at 100 speed while I commit my action at the same time giving me 120 speed. That means that my foot steps are no longer 'painfully slow' as you so put as they are now moving slightly faster than your RT was able to pick up before as you forget to mention this in your upcoming post afterwards. 

Akane was surprised to see her opponent suddenly brandish a kunai from out of her sleeve as she grew immediately cautious and the crimson hues of her Sharingan instantly popped up into her eyes before the girl could throw. The moment she did Akane's improved vision was able to track everything about it thanks to her eyes as she could see the explosive tag wrapped around it's hilt ready to blow. Being ten meters away Akane's first reaction to the incoming explosive kunai was to run to the side as she moved at top speed (120) to the left for about 2 meters.

It says here I activated my Sharingan immediately upon you brandishing your kunai and I don't actually state that I'm 10 meters away after doing so. With my improved speed it is very possible for me to be in my spot before you throw your kunai. Therefore I state that by the time you throw your kunai I am standing still and ready to dodge it.)
Asami Miyamoto
Asami Miyamoto
Citizen

Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:27 am
Respectfully, my argument hinges on the fact that you did nothing to correct my timeline of events leading up to the kunai hitting you. You did not mention quickening your pace beyond my ‘painfully slow’ description. Consequently, I am standing by my interpretation of events and maintaining my right to call a hit.

As I doubt we will be able to come to an agreement on this point, I have referred this thread to the staff team and leave it in their capable hands.
Risako Akara
Risako Akara
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 47750

Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:58 am
Here's the ruling. 

"As Akane took the painfully slow last two steps that would put her exactly ten meters away from her, Asami acted with all the speed she could muster (125 spd). A kunai, whose grip had been wrapped in an exploding tag to make it less visible when in flight, dropped from her right sleeve (100 spd) into her chakra-infused right hand. It did not, however, remain there for long as the chuunin-hopeful flicked it towards Akane just as the Uchiha lifted her left foot to make the last step towards Asami. 

If nothing altered the course of events thus far or hereafter, the kunai would hopefully hit the unprepared Uchiha squarely in the chest right before she came to a stop and end the fight before it got too heated."

"Akane was surprised to see her opponent suddenly brandish a kunai from out of her sleeve as she grew immediately cautious and the crimson hues of her Sharingan instantly popped up into her eyes before the girl could throw. The moment she did Akane's improved vision was able to track everything about it thanks to her eyes as she could see the explosive tag wrapped around it's hilt ready to blow. Being ten meters away Akane's first reaction to the incoming explosive kunai was to run to the side as she moved at top speed (120) to the left for about 2 meters."

- Asami throws the kunai and states it hits Akane as she begins to take her last two steps. This is valid through time-lining. 
 - Akane activates her Sharingan before Asami throws the kunai. This is also valid through time-lining. 
 - Akane didn't state that she sped up to full speed until after taking the final step, but instead states that she moves at full speed once she reaches the ten meter mark, which would be after the final step is completed. Seeing as the kunai hits its mark before Akane took her final step, this would result in a hit. 
 - Other things to note: The kunai being thrown at Akane is very sharp compared to her health, considering she has no armour. The explosive tag is powerful enough for Asami to claim a kill if it is allowed to go off as well. 

Asami's claim is valid. If no IC post is made within 48 hours, Asami will be allowed to skip and claim a victory. 
Sarah Uchiha
Sarah Uchiha
Citizen

Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:30 am
(Sorry. Something just came up. I have no problems with losing.)

The kunai would find it's mark in Akane's chest, her knees buckling as she fell onto them, before falling flat on her back and passing out.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum