Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Lord Paramounts Of The TridentToday at 2:17 pmShiro HyugaThe Fury Meets A FurryToday at 1:09 pmIchigo SatoA toughtfull momentToday at 8:33 amKaikos BlossomFar Away Yesterday at 8:56 pmMegami KuogaDoing Your Part (Mission Thread Pt. 1)Yesterday at 8:18 pmXena UchihaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 8:02 pmDante HyugaMy Immortal Yesterday at 7:02 pmDante HyugaDesert BloomsYesterday at 4:15 pmShogo FreyaRaiden Chills (Open)Yesterday at 1:51 pmMizuki OhtaAqueous Transmission Yesterday at 1:51 pmDante Hyuga
Top posting users this month
24 Posts - 34%
11 Posts - 16%
10 Posts - 14%
8 Posts - 11%
4 Posts - 6%
4 Posts - 6%
3 Posts - 4%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Sakimori
Sakimori
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

Calm Seas - Page 3 Empty Re: Calm Seas

Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:56 am
Kay practically beamed with a light that would blind most everyone since health is an overrated stat and she was too weak in her current state to fight so blindness was an easy out. She followed Ikigai towards their makeshift arena, which was much less impressive than the one she had seen Komori fight in. However, there was a certain charm to this one, a rural atmosphere that promoted the more reserved and conservative fighting style of a swordsman instead of the flashy way that the jounin seemed to prefer to fight.

As the pair got closer, she would notice that the trench was much bigger than she originally had thought, which would work well for her should she have an affinity for water style jutsu. She looked at Ikigai curiously when he seemed to forgo asking her something, which slightly irked her as people holding out on something she could learn was rather hindering to her progress. Since she did not know his true intent, she would merely look over the bridge wondering what the shark boy was planning, only to see him standing atop the surface of the water. “Do you even need to ask?” she said enthusiastically with a rather smug looking grin on her face, following suit and hopping over the railing. She channeled chakra to the bottom of her feet, landing in a crouching position before standing up, still much shorter than her pseudo-sensei. Luckily, Kay had managed to get her hands on some basic ninjutsu scrolls, teaching herself the very basics of jutsu and chakra control in her free time back in her time as an indentured servant. It was one of the few things that kept her going, her thirst for knowledge never quite being quenched. She looked up towards Iki, awaiting instruction with eagerness.
Natsuki Sarutobi
Natsuki Sarutobi
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : Stat Page
Remove Taijutsu Iryōjutsu Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Taijutsu
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 1500

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:33 pm
It seemed he was right not to ask the question, she had seemed to effortlessly land on her feet. instead of sinking into the water. He'd give a slightly impressed look in her direction before making eye contact, and seeing that she expected him to start instructing. "Right.." He'd say as he thought about how to go about teaching her. Honestly, the boy was much better suited as a student than a teacher, and this territory was completely new to him.

"uuuuuuuuuh" He'd continue stalling for time before he decided to go about teaching her the hidden mist technique, a relatively simple D rank ninjutsu. Something she should find easy enough to conquer.

"Ok, lets start with the hidden mist technique" He'd say, curious as to weather she knew the name or not. Regardless of her facial expression he'd form the handseals and the water on the surface of the trench would begin to turn to a vapor, surrounding the pair in a mist for a brief moment before Ikigai allowed it to clear in the center, leaving the two of them surrounded in a wall of mist before allowing it to vanish completely.

"It's a great little technique for disguising your movements" He'd inform her while making the tiger hand seal. Obviously, what he had just shown her wouldn't be enough for her to learn the water element however so he'd go crouch down to his knees and wade his hand in the water creating tiny ripples. "Controlling water isn't hard. The elements reactionary by nature, it's always waiting and adapting." He'd wiggle his hand at the end of the sentence as if to emphasize it. "It doesn't offer resistance when I stick my hand, it actively makes room for my hand and moves to the side."

He'd splash a bit of the water towards the bank of the trench suddenly and violently, before saying. "Its in a constant state of seeking guidance from another source" he'd say as his gaze shifted back to kay "You, just have to make that source your chakra system, have you learned much about chakra control?" He'd ask, knowing that she had at the very least some experience with it, judging by the fact that she was standing on water directly in front of him.

WC: 2608
Sakimori
Sakimori
Citizen

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:26 pm
Kay slightly raised her eyebrows at Ikigai’s apparent lack of experience as a teacher. Hidden mist, she thought, trying to commit the name to memory. She would cock her head at the mention of the name, waiting for an explanation or demonstration. Tohsaka watched as Ikigai signed the Tiger seal, the wider than expected ring of water within a 50m radius before not being able to watch at all. She blinked, eyes searching through the thick fog but to no avail. Luckily, shark boy cleared an area for them to see, allowing for Kay to take a gander around at the mist that still encompassed them before it disappeared entirely.

She would merely nod along as Ikigai continued talking. This technique, while maybe a bit cowardly, would help her in the beginning of her experience as a shinobi; the less experience she had, the more she would need to play defensively and react to situations instead of going on the offensive. Something that effectively worked to suppress her movements and was unable to be seen through by the naked eye would certainly have its uses. Kay would almost mimic his movements, crouching down to the water as well in order to hear him better. She took in everything he was saying, which was well said for a boy who looked like an animal. Never judge a book by its cover and whatnot.

“Only what I’ve taught myself really.” She felt herself relaxing more around him, the water having a calming effect on her, her speech becoming less refined than how she was taught to speak. The water seemed to call out to her, so she tried to respond. She closed her eyes and focused on the trench itself, placing her right hand in the water with her palm facing upwards. She inhaled deeply, trying to work to channel her chakra outwards, this vast force inside of her being released to the world. She felt herself becoming connected to this source through her hand, chakra flowing from her heart to her arm to the tips of her fingers and to the water itself. She opened her eyes, feeling confident.

With a corner of her mouth slightly upturned, she would copy what Ikigai had done, withdrawing her hand from the water and holding both of her hands together in the shape of the Tiger hand seal. Exhaling deeply, she imagined her chakra echoing outwards from her body as a pulse, interacting with the water she felt a connection to. A faint mist, albeit not as strong as Ikigai’s, would rise from around the water source, surrounding the pair in the air, thin enough for her pseudo teacher to see her. Opening her eyes, Kay would look around at what she had done with a large smile on her face.
Natsuki Sarutobi
Natsuki Sarutobi
Genin
Genin

Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:44 pm
As she mirrored his movement's he'd be encouraged, she was listening, and from the looks of it intently at that. When she was presented with the question her reply was short, but served its purpose. She'd taught herself everything she knew up until this point. Much like Ikigai had done at the orphanage as a child, before Hakai had discovered him, and taken him under his wing.

He'd smile at the memories of the orphanage, while orphanages were rarely looked at in a positive light, it was all the boy had really known. He'd never known his parents and had been found on the beach by a stranger who had taken him to kumogakure. The other orphans and his "Parent's" were all he had ever really known.

As he reminisced he'd take note of the changing facial expressions on the girl in front of him, it was evident that she was becoming more confident. For what reason, Ikigai had no idea, but the crack in her smile made it easily apparent. Then she'd copy the tiger handseal, he had shown earlier, which was pretty observant of her, if she'd never been to an academy, which he assumed so she would have never learned the basic handsigns. So she was replicating that purely off the memory of what he had done a few seconds ago.

And flawlessly at that, mist would begin to rise off the water faintly and surround the pair again, this time as Kay's creation instead of his. "Well that was alarmingly quick" He'd joke as he watched it settle around them, noticing that she was intentionally keeping it faint enough for the two to be able to see each other. Maybe I'm not so bad at this teaching thing after all He'd think initially before looking back at Kay.

"That took me day's to learn as a kid, I'm afraid I've never really been very talented when it comes to ninjutsu" He'd say as he shrugged before continuing to speak. "A problem you obviously don't seem to have" He found himself slightly jealous of her ability to learn so quickly, but assured himself he'd maintain his lead in his sword training. That was where he was truly gifted.

As the mist hung in the air around him, he'd listen to the chirping of birds and crickets in the area around them. He'd smile at the sound of the crickets, their familiar sound telling him that daylight would soon run out. Looking to the sun to double check he'd see it moving towards the west, mere minutes from setting. "It's getting late Kay, we will lose daylight soon. Probably time to start heading back." He'd say as he pointed a thumb behind him in a nonchalant guesture.

"You ready to go?" He'd say presenting the question in a polite manner as he did so.

WC: 3084
Sakimori
Sakimori
Citizen

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:39 pm
Ikigai was Moses apparently

Kay smiled at her pseudo teacher’s praise. “It didn’t seem like it required too much chakra to manipulate,” she said proudly before noticing the setting of the sun. “I suppose your right,” she said, trying to mask her slight disappointment. However, she realized that this was only the start of her journey. The start of something else. “Let’s go ahead and go back.” She stretched her arms out, yawning slightly. “I could use the sleep,” she said with a light chuckle.

With that, she would start heading back towards the dojo, to her new room in order to sleep in a place that she could call her own. As she laid down to sleep, she thought to herself. This is my life now. To which she could not help but smile faintly. It’s going to be a good one.

--Exit--
WC: 3464
Claiming: 1327 words to water element (2000/2000 taught), Hidden Mist (500/500 Taught) and mastery of no handseals (500/500), 1000 to wood element, 137 to Wood Release: Cutting (137/3000)
Yurei
Yurei
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : The Oni
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Clan Specialty : Space/Time
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 0

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:46 pm
Approved
Sakimori
Sakimori
Citizen

Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:03 pm
Oh I'm an idiot and didn't claim 17 stat points so those too please
Yurei
Yurei
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:05 pm
Approved
Natsuki Sarutobi
Natsuki Sarutobi
Genin
Genin

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:32 am

With the day coming to a close Ikigai would leave Kay to her own devices, she was a capable ninja as she had just displayed, and he was sure she was capable of walking back to the academy herself. The boy however would fixate his eyes on the cabin in the woods, Ikigai's living quarters. "Actually, you head back I have to talk to hakai real quick. I'll see you tomorrow Kay" The two would say their goodbyes and Ikigai would climb his way out of the trench, heading further away from the academy and towards the rather modest living arrangements of Hakai Hozuki.

As he grew closer it would quickly become apparent that the lights in the cabin were on, most likely meaning that Hakai intended to have a late night. No doubt filling out the massive amount of paper work that was required to run a school of ninja's constantly training with swords. The shark skin boy would sigh at the thought of it, paper work and legal matters seemed like such a bore. It was a good thing they were rarely needed in his profession as a soldier, he was much more suitable as a weapon of war than a diplomat.

*Knock*  *Knock*
His fist would crash against the rustic wooden door, making his arrival known to the inhabitant of the small cabin in front of him. Only a few seconds would pass before the familiar face of his mentor greeted him. "Ikigai? I figured you'd still be out training with the new girl... What brings you here?" The white haired man would say only half surprised.

The fact that he had somehow known he'd been teaching Kay water style might have seemed strange to some people, but Ikigai new that little happened in the school without the hozuki swordsman knowing about it... And it didn't hurt that the trench was mere meters from his door. So, unsurprised by the man's knowledge Ikigai would continue with the conversation he'd planned to have with his sensei for a while now, clearing his throat as he began to speak.

"I wanted to talk to you about the chuunin exams..." Ikigai would say nervously as he began to seek his mentors guidance, and proceeded to lay it all on the line. "Do you think I'm ready?" The words hung in the air, and Hakai did not immediately respond, instead opting to tilt his head upwards in thought. Pacing to the window with his back turned to Ikigai he'd look out to his massive plot of land.

"Ikigai, A wise man once told me that if you wait until you think you're ready... You'll wait your whole life" He'd pause before explaining. "The chuunin exam's are an intense series of trials, some are even life and death. Do you understand what I'm saying?" He'd ask his student.

Truth be told, Ikigai wasn't following. Whether the man thought he was ready or not was completely unnoticable from his response. "No, not really sensei" The elder man would sigh at the response, "I'm saying that you'll never feel ready, and seeking validation from me will not change that" Clearly not satisfied with the sentence he'd add on at the last second. "The chuunin exam's come with a very real risk of death, and only you can decide if you're willing to take that risk"

A smile would appear on the man's face with faint satisfaction as he was finally able to get his point across. The opposite appeared on Ikigai's, he had been hoping for the man's blessing, it would have given him a sense of confidence going into this that he'd now lack. But he'd disguise the disappointment as he made one last honest comment to his long time sensei. "I've already decided that I'm going to begin them. I was hoping for your blessing to do so" He'd say, almost pleading for some sense of recognition.

"Then you have it, Ikigai. Now go get some rest, you're going to need it. Classes start soon after all." His words were sincere, he knew that his routines were tiresome, and that students who didn't get enough rest often struggled with them. The hoshigaki childs eyes would glimmer at the response. "Of course, Goodnight sensei" He'd say as he hustled out the door just in time to see the setting sun.

Tints of orange and purple filtered through the clouds as shadows began to extend over the long grass planes that lead to the academy's back doors. Kay had already made it back, so he walked alone for about a minute and a half before reaching the door to the student housing hall. Tired and exhausted from his long day of training as well as touring the school to the noobie, the blue skinned boy would find him staggering to his room,

The sliding door moved almost effortlessly to his toned strength, revealing the room he had shown to Kay just hours ago. Tired and worn the tall shark toothed gennin would unstrap his sheath from his hip, before lifing it to the pegs above his small twin bed, allowing the katana to rest above him in his sleep, easily within reach in case he ever needed it in the middle of the night. Something his sensei had taught to him long ago. Never get caught in a dangerous situation without a weapon to back you up

He'd smile as he remembered the lesson and slipped off his shirt, throwing it in the hamper resting in his open closet before falling backwards into his bed on his back. Head on pillow and eyes towards the wall the shark like boy would reminisce on his day, overall... It hadn't been bad. And he was excited to start the new year with Hakai as well as the chuunin exams. Both were challenges that he would do his best to meet.

WC: 4094
(Exit)
Claiming: Body is a Weapon + 20 Stats
Yurei
Yurei
Citizen
Survived 2021

Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:38 am
Approved. Nice exit. Others are just so inconsiderate.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum