Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Foxes and Puppets and Missions Oh My!Today at 3:19 amMinami OutomoSupermen of Science!Yesterday at 7:53 pmHebiishi OrochiHaunted MansionYesterday at 7:21 pmJoro ShokkuWorking With a New Friend!Yesterday at 6:13 pmToran UchihaTraining The YouthYesterday at 5:34 pmJoro ShokkuRogue NinjaYesterday at 5:23 pmJoro ShokkuCrop FailureYesterday at 4:55 pmJoro ShokkuFine DiningYesterday at 4:22 pmJoro ShokkuMissing BoyYesterday at 4:00 pmJoro ShokkuRampaging Wild AnimalYesterday at 3:36 pmJoro Shokku
Top posting users this month
190 Posts - 54%
48 Posts - 14%
21 Posts - 6%
19 Posts - 5%
17 Posts - 5%
17 Posts - 5%
14 Posts - 4%
10 Posts - 3%
9 Posts - 3%
6 Posts - 2%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Anonymous

Back At It (Yoshi) Empty Back At It (Yoshi)

Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:46 am
Salzem woke up this morning, actually feeling pretty good. Little sand had gotten in his hair, he wasn't especially parched nor hungry and he had a great sleep, leaving him feeling refreshed and renewed. It was rare the sanguine-eyed ninja ever had such a great sleep. Regardless of how he felt, he had the desire to get to training and learn something new. It was as if the sun itself was avoiding him too, giving him plenty of shade to walk in and that was just fine. The last thing Salzem needed was more sunburn. Parish the thought of being wrapped in red, burning flesh. Speaking of perishing, Salzem wondered why he had not yet. Where was the Konoha head-hunters? Where was the assassins from the leaf? Salzem expected that they would not stop or rest until he was back in their custody. He supposed he overestimated his importance and for that, he felt relief. At least he had some vague assurance that he was going to make it through this whole misunderstanding okay. He contemplated this all the way to the training grounds, eyes looking this way and that, never focusing on any one thing while he probed his thoughts. Perhaps the Lord Kazekage would be talking to the Hokage right now. Perhaps he was discussing his freedom as he thought.  Salzem half anticipated, half dreaded that turn of events. On one hand, he could go home and resume his search for his friend's murderer. On the other hand, he would have to face those who were once his friends and be subject to their judgement. Perhaps he would ignore their anger or perhaps he would fire back. Perhaps he would bow his head and accept their words. Perhaps he would ignore their very existance as either a friend or even as a person. Salzem didn't know. His life has suffered a thousand cuts in it's short time, each one over-lapping with another. He was not eager to go over them again, to count how many had been laid upon him.
Kasumi Hyuuga
Kasumi Hyuuga
Citizen
Stat Page : Kasumi's Stats
Remove Puppetry Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 0

Back At It (Yoshi) Empty Re: Back At It (Yoshi)

Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:37 am
Yoshi walked down the streets of Suna and found herself arriving at the training grounds. No longer did she have to improve herself to pass some test. No longer was she required to sit in one place listening to some old professor drone on about the history of the ninja world. This training was for herself and for her village. From now on, people would look up to her for strength and protection. But how? How could an eleven year old make a difference? She did not yet know, but she knew the road which lay ahead of her. All that was required, was to travel down that path.

Yoshi arrived at the training grounds gates and walked through them. To her astonishment, she saw a familiar masked ninja. It was Salzem, the wondering ninja she had met within the grounds a couple of days ago. He was not throwing punches or molding chakra as one would expect to find – being seen in the training grounds. He was staring off into the sky as if in deep thought. Regardless of his stance, Yoshi was pleased to happen upon him.

”Salzem-kun!” Yoshi yelled at him and waved trying to get his attention.

Yoshi ran towards him and stopped beside him with a smile on her face.

”I didn't think I'd see you again so soon. Look, look. I passed!” Yoshi said as she pointed to her forehead protector which dangled around her neck. ”So, what'cha up to?”

(WC = 247)
Anonymous

Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:37 pm
Salzem's thought was so deep, he nearly didn't hear nor notice the Yoshi's voice nor did he see her frantic waving. Only after she started moving toward him did his eyes register her movement and snapped him out of his daze. He blinked his eyes before they fell on his young friend. He smiled widely, then, noticing the headband that hung around his neck, he felt a slight surge of pride, as if he was the architect to her success. She wasn't his student. Salzem didn't want another student. Terrible things seemed to befall those he taught, with then either dying or being crippled in Kouse's case. His smile weined slightly at these dark thoughts, them almost forcing him into another state of contemplation. Once again however, the girl's enthusiasm broke him out of his miasma of darkness and that, almost cleared him of his aching heart.

"Hey, look at that!" Salzem grinned, looking down at Yoshi's neck-band. He reached out a fist for her to bump, a slight grin on his face. "Great work!" Yoshi asked what Salzem was up to and, once again, his thoughts drifted. "I...." He sighed, shaking his head. "Well... I've been thinking." He said, shrugging his shoulders. He knew Yoshi would want more of an explanation than that. She was just that kinda girl. "I've been waiting for something for a while now. I know its coming, though it hasn't happened yet. I'm a little.... on edge...."
Kasumi Hyuuga
Kasumi Hyuuga
Citizen

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:16 am
Yoshi clenched one of her hands into a fist and extended it to Salzem's. Her eyes were closed and a content expression could be seen upon the girl's face. Her constant grinning could not be helped. Salzem had given her a complement - praise she was not likely to forget. A couple of giggles escaped her lips. Her thoughts were in the clouds, riding high on the brief celebration. But when Salzen spoke again, his somber voice quickly grabbed the young girl's attention once more.

”Sempai … what are you waiting for? What's coming?” Yoshi asked in a naive tone and with her brown eyes full of wonder. ”Can I help?”

He's always thinking, and shrugging, the young girl thought as she waited for a responce.

”Oh, oh! Wanna see my puppet design?” Yoshi asked as she acquired her sketchbook from her person.

It was not a question. It was more of a statement to which the masked teen had no say.

”I still in the design process but I've got a general idea of what it will look like. I'm going to name him Hawks. What do you think?”

Yumi flipped to the page with her puppet design and shoved it into the nin's face. It was a sketch of a red tailed hawk. On one page Yoshi had sketched a hawk in flight bringing great detail in the range of movement of its wings. The next page contained roughly sketched diagram. Its wings were spread out and all of its joints were detailed. Some of its body looked as if it was meant to be hollow and little notes were written down explaining various components. Yoshi's handwriting was quite girly, though it was neat and easy to read. After the young girl finished showing off her design and explaining it with much enthusiasm, Yoshi tucked her sketchbook away and procured a leather ball.

”So I was hoping to learn a new jutsu today,” Yoshi started to say in her hopeful voice. ”Before leaving the academy one of the instructors gave me a couple pieces of chakra paper so we could figure out which element my chakra leans towards. I have Wind chakra. That explains why a mysterious breeze picks up any time I mold chakra. Anyway, I've been looking up some wind based jutsu and wish to give one a try.”

(WC = 393)
Anonymous

Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:24 am
Salzem waved a hand at her concern, as if it would cast it away in sync with his motions.

"Nah. Its nothing important. Don't worry about it." Yoshi then, before he could answer to her question, practically tossing the book in his face. He simply rolled his eyes knowingly before looking over the pages. Just like the fox-drawing she had given him, Yoshi had put great detail into here work. It was as if she went and slapped a miniature version of her puppet in the book. He read over the different components, parts, and puppet-traps displayed on the paper. Hawks, huh? Seems appropriate, considering it's design.

"Ah! So you're going the route of the puppet-master?" Salzem asked. "Well, anyway, your drawing is very good! I hope to see this puppet out in reality soon!" Yoshi began to explain that she wanted to learn new jutsu as she put her book away. She said that she had discovered her chakra nature, wind, and wanted to give a jutsu a try. Well, Salzem didn't know how much he could help, seeing as his nature was water.

"I don't think I'll be able to coach you like I did with those other techniques. I have a water element." He said with a chuckle. "However, if you already know the technique and just want to smooth out a few edges, by all means! I'll watch."
Kasumi Hyuuga
Kasumi Hyuuga
Citizen

Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:37 pm
Yoshi sighed at her friend's dismissal. She wanted to help, but in all of her efforts, Yoshi could not get through. The elusive Sal was too slippery. The ominous shadow of Salzem's unknown past would soon escape Yoshi's thoughts. There was other excitement afoot.

Yoshi nodded to Salzem's question, ”Yes, the route of the puppet-master. My parents discovered I could create chakra threads when I was eight. I used to make my stuffed animals teeter across the floor. I suppose that is why I was recruited by the academy.”

It was indeed. When news of their daughter's talent reached the shinobi of Sunakagure, Yoshi's parents were visited by representatives from the academy. They were reluctant at first, as all caring parents should be, but eventually accepted the academy's offer – acknowledging it as a great honor. Not everyday dose a Yoshinaga become ninja.

Yoshi tossed her leather-bound ball in Salzem's direction and hoped he would catch it, ”I wish to practice a technique that reflects projectiles. It's called Wind Release: Gale Palm. I've read about it from a scroll in HQ, but have yet to try it out myself. Stand in front of me, about six meters will do. I don't want to catch you in gust If I can help it. Throw the ball at me and I'll try to reflect it back at you.”

Should Salzem comply:

Yoshi began to stretch and loosen up her body, especially her arms and hands. The technique she was about to preform required no hand seals, though her hands were needed to preform a 'clap'. If done right, the clap, along with molded chakra, was suppose to be able to create a strong gust of wind. Yoshi was still having a difficult time molding her chakra, so the young girl preformed the tiger seal to help it along. A gentle breeze swirled around the nin when doing so. After a moment had passed the young girl nodded.

”Ready!” she exclaimed signaling for Salzem to throw the ball.

Should Salzem throw the leather ball:

Yoshi fixed her eyes upon the leather bound ball and waited with anticipation for Salzem to throw it. When thrown, Yoshi raised her hands, and clapped. A small gust of wind pushed out of her hands, but it was not enough to pursued the ball to alter its direction. It smacked the young girl in the chest which cause her to flinch.

”Oof. Again,” the young girl demanded.

Yoshi tossed the ball back over to Salzam and got ready - once more fixing her eyes towards the leather bound ball. Yoshi could feel her chakra swell within her. She released more chakra this time. This time the ball was stopped, but that was all. The technique was suppose to send the projectile in a different direction, and if one was really good, he or she could send the object flying towards the one who threw it.

”Better, but the technique is suppose to reflect projectiles, not jut stop them. Again.”

Yoshi clapped again, releasing a greater amount of chakra. This time the ball was rebounded in an different direction. The angle was not directly towards Salzem, but the ball traveled away from Yoshi. Beads of sweat were forming on the young girl's face. This technique was taking its toll. It was not like the techniques the academy made its students train. This was a jutsu with some substance.

”I think … I'm … getting the hang of it,” she told her masked helper with a grin. ”Just a couple more tries and I think I'll have it.”

(WC = 598)
Anonymous

Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:57 pm
Yoshi tossed Salzem a leather ball which he caught with his two hands, slightly startled. It was when Yoshi explained that she wanted to practice a technique known as the Gale Palm that he understood. Sounded a lot like his Daytime Tiger. Maybe he'd show it to her one day when she was a little stronger. Yeah. Maybe he would do that. Yoshi announced that she was ready, seemingly excited. Salzem looked down at the ball in his hands, then at Yoshi. He then underhand-tossed the ball at the new genin, hoping that her technique would stop it. Instead, it smacked into her chest with a "thwop" before landing softly in the sand below. Yoshi tossed the ball back at Salzem, demanding he throw it again with an expression that can only be described as childish determination. It was adorable. Regardless of his feelings, Salzem caught the ball again with both hands and proceeded to underhand toss the ball back to Yoshi obediently and without question. Salzem noticed that, more or less, he was completely rewriting what it meant to be a missing ninja. He chuckled to himself before ducking to the right quickly, barely dodging a leather ball flying at his head. He looked back at Yoshi, then at the ball a few feet behind him and laughed. He found it funny how close he came to eating his mask.

"Uh... Nice work!" Salzem praised her before going back to retrieve the ball. When he came back, he saw how tired she was. Her breath was heavy, her chest was heaving and she looked a tad pale. Perhaps a break was in order? Salzem held the ball in one hand before putting his other in his front jacket pocket.

"Maybe... uh... we can take a break? You look a bit tired."
Kasumi Hyuuga
Kasumi Hyuuga
Citizen

Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:37 pm
Yoshi's hands automatically covered her mouth when the ball whizzed passed her friend's head. It did not seem like there was much control as to were the projectiles went once they were re-directed by the jutsu. If there was, Yoshi did not yet posses this knowledge. When the young nin realized the masked teen was okay, she let out a sigh of relief as well as a hardy giggle. Gale Palm was turning out to be a fun jutsu to learn, though a rather tiring one.

A break, but I have yet to get down the timing. I feel like I could mold my chakra to force the wind with greater strength if I practice more, Yoshi thought as she opened her mouth to complain.

But Yoshi realized the masked ninja was right. Yoshi had used up a large amount of chakra in just three tries. If she were to continue, she would likely pass out. Yoshi envisioned her past instructors from the academy harp about not over-doing it. One ran a greater risk of injury when pushing one's body to the limit.

”... perhaps you are right,” Yoshi finally agreed.

Her breath was heavy, but after a few moments she was able compose herself again. The young girl slowly walked to her friend and pulled out her canteen before sitting down beside him. Yoshi's canteen now fashioned many dent marks from where the two nins used the container to practice the Replacement Technique a couple of days before. The young girl took a long drink from it and sighed before handing it to her friend. The village hidden within the desert was warm and the sun did not yield to the feint of heart. One had to pace himself or herself to keep from overheating. A small lizard slowly crept from underneath a nearby desert bush. Noticing this, Yoshi grabbed her sketchbook and began to draw it. Her form was loose, but as the lizard crawled across the ground so to did it take form on the young nin's paper.

”Sempai, what made you decide to be a ninja?” Yoshi asked Salzem.

(WC = 353) 
Anonymous

Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:48 pm
Salzem crossed his arms and leaned his back up against a nearby wall while Yoshi sat down next to him. After a moment of silence, Yoshi spoke up something that was on her mind. She had asked him why he decided to be a ninja. Funny story, that.

"Well, you see, I was poisoned as a child. My lungs were left damaged and this mask...." Salzem tapped the mask covering his nose and face. "...was what allowed me to breath. Along with my lungs, my body was rocked from the powerful effects of this poison. I was left bedridden, weak and sick for many months. I couldn't eat on my own, I had a constant fever and some times, I thought I'd die. Gradually, though, my body fought off most of the poison, though my lungs remained devastated. My father couldn't afford to have them replaced at the time and my mother resented the idea although it still left me handicapped. When I expressed interest in being a ninja, my parents readily objected. When they saw how much I wanted this however, they gave in and signed me up for the academy with the promise that I'd be careful." Salzem shrugged his shoulders and gazed into the soft blue sky, reminiscing for a moment before looking back down at Yoshi.

"What about you? Some traumatic event make you want this life or... was it something else?"
Kasumi Hyuuga
Kasumi Hyuuga
Citizen

Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:32 am
Yoshi listened as she continued to draw the lizard half expecting the masked nin to dodge her question as he had done so in the past.  But as Salzem explained his life story, Yoshi set down her pencil and sketchbook and stared up at her teacher with glistening eyes.  Salzem's story was captivating and sad.  His tone was serious and had a hint of emotion - as if retelling the story had caused him to relive those past events.  The crawling lizard seemed to scurry out of sight.  But that was okay, even though Yoshi's sketch wasn't quite finished, she no longer cared.  Her attention was on Salzem.

"Sempai ... I'm sorry.  I ... I did not know," Yoshi exclaimed with her brown eyes.  "You're okay now though, right?  When you got poisoned, was it an accident?"

Yoshi looked back down at the ground when asked the same question.  

Aw, Mr. Lizard ran away.  Oh well, she thought as she began to pick up her sketchbook but stopped in mid stretch.

Instead Yoshi reached for her newly bought weapon pouch and procured two kunai.  She placed them on the sandy ground in front of her and sat up on her knees.  Yoshi then placed her hands above them and began to mold her chakra onto her fingertips.  A second later thin threads of chakra stretched out and attached themselves to the kunai below.  With a few short flicks of her fingers, Yoshi guided the kunai through the sand with the pointed ends sicking in the ground. 

"I've always been able to do this.  For as long as I can remember.  Some men stopped by my parent's house one day - representatives from the academy.  They wanted me to join the academy, but I was too young at the time.  Daddy would send them away, but they kept coming back.  Eventually my parents gave in and let them take me.  Not like I could no longer see them again or anything.  I just could not go to a regular school," Yoshi told Salzem.

Yoshi continued to wave her hands about and as she explained her story, she created a fantastic design in the sand.  Yoshi made circles and curved lines.  They were broken up with dots and angled geometry.  When the artistic sand pattern was finished, Yoshi tucked her kunai back into their pouch and picked up her sketchbook and stood up.

"Its okay.  I've enjoyed my time at the academy, really.  One day I hope to become a Jounin and teach a Genin team of my own.  Or perhaps be the Lord Kage's assistant," Yoshi smiled with closed eyes.  "I feel rested now.  Can we try that jutsu one more time?"

(WC = 451)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum