Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Lord Paramounts Of The TridentToday at 9:00 pmMarabelle BlossomA toughtfull momentToday at 8:59 pmMarabelle BlossomDrowning his SorrowsToday at 8:59 pmMarabelle BlossomThe Fury Meets A FurryToday at 12:09 pmIchigo SatoFar Away Yesterday at 7:56 pmMegami KuogaDoing Your Part (Mission Thread Pt. 1)Yesterday at 7:18 pmXena UchihaMy Immortal Yesterday at 6:02 pmDante HyugaDesert BloomsYesterday at 3:15 pmShogo FreyaRaiden Chills (Open)Yesterday at 12:51 pmMizuki OhtaAqueous Transmission Yesterday at 12:51 pmDante Hyuga
Top posting users this month
24 Posts - 32%
16 Posts - 21%
10 Posts - 13%
8 Posts - 11%
4 Posts - 5%
4 Posts - 5%
3 Posts - 4%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Reiten
Reiten
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : IIIIIIIII
Mission Record : Mission Log
Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 0

Time for a Headband Empty Time for a Headband

Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:00 am
The exam:

In a peaceful spring morning, Koda was heading from his estate to class, finally ready to take on his exam to attain the rank of Genin. As he walked  calmly trough the neighborhood, Koda took in a large gasp of the fresh air of haven country, reminiscing of the fresh mountain air he used to inhale back in his homeland. This was now his new homeland, his country, where he belonged along with all of his clan. As he continue walking with pride, he reached his destination: the Centipede Pens. A couple of steps later, he faced his best friend, ready for this important day.

"Its finally the day Tso! You come today with me at school for the exam, but you better behave! Not biting or scaring students or young ones. Okay?" Said Koda to the enormous beast.

"Well finally! ... oh but were is the fun in that? Alright then, im gonna be kind and talk to them, or hide if theyre too scared!" Chuckled Tso telepathically, speaking with her gravelly voice in Koda's mind.

As both of them headed to the academy, Tso arroused suspicion and odd looks on the pair, most people being distraught at the presence of such a creature. Arriving at school Koda headed to class, with Tso waiting outside. 

"i cant bring you into the school my friend, i'll be quick alright?" Ushered Koda, kissing the forehead of his invertebrae friend. While students and kids where fascinated by the centipede, Koda left and entered the building and headed to class. He then sat down and waited for the exam to begin, feeling quite confident in his abilities to succeed.
Jurei Ryoinsatsu
Jurei Ryoinsatsu
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : The Pearl of the Angels

Health: 300
AP: 1,884
Vigor: 150
Chakra: 100
Speed: 45
Strength: 5
Familiar : Ninjiro, The Big-bellied Bake-danuki
Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Earth Water Remove Fire Default
Clan Specialty : Space-Time
Ryo : 10000

Time for a Headband Empty Re: Time for a Headband

Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:45 pm

While You Read:

On the other side of the village grounds at the Ryoinsatsu household, Jurei—adorned in only an oversized black shirt and her undergarments, her wild, platinum-blonde locks sprawled about along her pillow and shoulders, and her countenance is painted with the look of a deep, peaceful slumber. Her alarm clock rings and the young woman jolts awake, her vision slowly focusing on her surroundings. She languidly turns off her alarm, and her mind starts to clear itself of the foggy remnants of her erstwhile dream.

"Today is the big day," she thinks, a smile creeping across her face.

Jurei slides out of bed and saunters to her bathroom, stretching her arms and yawning. She begins her routine, and the room is soon filled with the sound of running water, a steady stream of steam rising from the shower. After her shower, Jurei dresses herself, slipping into her signature burgundy, criss-cross back, corduroy, overall dress, a white sweater, a pair of low-heel stiletto booties, a matching set of black spats, and a silver, cross-shaped necklace. She pulls her hair into a pair of messy buns and applies her makeup, accentuating her striking features with bold, winged eyeliner and a coat of high-shine lip gloss. The sun's rays pour into her bedroom, and she can see the clouds are few and far between.

It's going to be a beautiful day.

She exits her room and descends the stairs, the scent of freshly brewed coffee filling the air. Seating herself by the long table, in the kitchen, her mother, Chihiro, is preparing breakfast, and her father, Osamu, is seated at the table reading the newspaper.

"Good morning, darling." her mother greets, placing a steaming mug of coffee in front of her.

"Morning, Mother." Jurei replies, taking a seat next to her father.

"Are you excited for your exam today, sweetie?" Her mother asks.

"Yeah, I think I'm ready," Jurei responds, sipping her coffee.

"I'm sure you'll do just fine," Her father reassures her.

The rest of the meal is spent in relative silence, the only sounds being the clinking of cutlery and the rustling of the newspaper. Once finished, Jurei rises from the table and makes her way to the door.

"I'm off," She announces, her hand resting on the handle.

"Be careful, dear!" Her mother calls.

"And good luck." Her father adds.

Jurei opens the door and steps out into the warm, spring morning. She closes the door behind her and begins her walk to the academy. The sun is shining brightly, and the sky is a brilliant blue. The air is crisp and fresh, and the streets are bustling with activity. Jurei passes by shops and businesses, her pace steady and determined, and softly carols to herself along the way while she rhythmically clicks her heels.

"Withered flowers forget,

What they wept for,

Day after day-ay-ay-ay,

Withered flowers must blossom,

In the stream of tears,

They still think of the cause,

Turning misery into meaningfulness,

Changing day after day-ay-ay-ay,

Turning misery into meaningfulness,

Changing day after day-ay-ay-ay,

Your affection, your affection,

Taking pride from fear,

Past will tell you when to make yourself a hero,

Your affection, your affection, your affection,

Past will tell you when to make yourself a hero."

When Jurei arrives at the academy, she is greeted by the sight of a large crowd of students gathered outside. They are chattering excitedly, clearly anticipating the start of the exam. Jurei joins the throng and makes her way inside, her heart racing with anticipation.

"Welcome everyone, and congratulations on making it to the Genin Exam," The instructor begins. "You've all worked hard and shown great dedication to the art of ninja, and I'm proud of each and every one of you. I am Tokuma Udo and I will be your proctor for today's exam. Now, let's get started, for the first half of the exam, you'll be tested on your knowledge and understanding of the three core disciplines: Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, and Genjutsu. Each discipline will be assessed through a series of written and practical tests, and the results will determine your final score. You'll have one hour to complete the written exam, and then a 30-minute lunch break.

"After lunch during the final hour, we will commence the second half of the exam, which will be a test of your skills in Ninjutsu. In the room adjacent to me, I will call you all, one by one in alphabetical order, and you will first show me your Transformation and Clone technique skills along with a third that I will randomly select from a pool from your student sheet. Afterward, you will meet back here and everyone will be told whether you pass or fail. Are there any questions?"

While the few students who do ask for clarification on what exactly is expected on the exam, Jurei's lost in her own thoughts in a hypothetical review of the material until the proctor announces the written part of the exam is about to begin. With a stack of white paper in hand, he distributes the test papers and pencils.

"You may now begin."

With the announcement, the room becomes filled with the scratching of pencil lead against the rough texture of the paper. Writing her name, class, and ninja registry number on the front page of the paper, Jurei turns to the next page and reads the following ten questions:

"First question: What is the difference between Ninjutsu and Genjutsu?
A. A ninjutsu is a technique used to transform chakra, whereas a genjutsu is a technique used to manipulate the body's senses.
B. A ninjutsu is a technique used to create an illusion, whereas a genjutsu is a technique used to attack the enemy.
C. A ninjutsu is a technique created by the user, whereas a genjutsu is a technique created by the opponent."

She jots down the answer quickly, before moving on to the next question:

"Second question: What is the purpose of the Chunin Exams?
A. To test the skills and abilities of the participants.
B. To decide which village is the strongest.
C. To prove the worthiness of the candidates."

She reads the question, her mind races, thinking back to the stories she's heard and the books she's read. Eventually, she settles on an answer in mind and circles it before moving on to the next question:

"Third question: Name two common uses of the Transformation Technique.
A. Disguise and escape.
B. Illusion and trickery.
C. Battle and defense."

Her pen flies across the page, answering the questions as quickly and accurately as possible.

"Fourth question: True or False: The Transformation Technique can only be used to transform into inanimate objects.
A. True
B. False"

She takes a moment to think, recalling the various times she's seen and used the technique.

"Fifth question: Which of the following is NOT a required component of the Transformation Technique?
A. Chakra
B. Hand seals
C. Physical contact with the object or person being transformed."

She pauses, considering the options before penciling in her answer.

"Sixth question: How many hand seals does the Transformation Technique require?
A. One
B. Two
C. Three"

She quickly scribbles down the answer, feeling confident in her responses thus far.

"Seventh question: When is the Transformation Technique the most useful?
A. During a battle
B. During a mission
C. During a training exercise"

She contemplates the question before she circles her answer.

"Eighth question: Why is the Transformation Technique considered a low-level technique?
A. It requires little chakra.
B. It can be easily detected.
C. It can be easily disrupted."

The questions continue, and she answers them with increasing confidence.

"Ninth question: What is the weakness of the Transformation Technique?
A. It can be easily detected.
B. It can be easily disrupted.
C. It can be easily dispelled."

Then, she arrives at the last and final question of the written examination.

"Tenth question: What is the name of the village where you are currently taking your exams?
A. Hoshigakure no Sato.
B. Kumogakure no Sato
C. Konohagakure no Sato."

She pencils in her answer accordingly and the questions continue with varying degrees of difficulty until she finally completes the twnety-fifth question in the exam packet. She sighs in relief, glad that she was able to finish the exam in good time.

Sometime later...

"That's it! Time is up!" Tokuma calls. "Please place your papers face-down on the desk and wait quietly while the exam is graded. Until then, the next 30-minute a yours until the practical part of the exam." The proctor says, exiting the room into the adjacent one to mark each student's papers. By the time he exist the classroom, it erupts in murmurs and whispers, the students discussing the contents of the exam.

"I'm so nervous!"

"Do you think I did well?"

"How did you find the last question?"

"I'm pretty sure I got that one wrong..."

"I hope I passed."

"Me too."

"Don't worry, I'm sure you did great."

"Thanks."

"Yeah, I'm really worried about the practical part."

"Same. I'm not very good at performing techniques under pressure."

"Hey, don't stress. Just take a deep breath and relax. We've got this."

"I guess you're right."

"Of course, I'm right."

As time passes by and the students indulge themselves and rejuvenate from the mind-racking portion of the written exam, Tokuma enters the room and the chatting and whispering slowly dies down.

"Alright, listen up. I will now announce the results of the written exam. Please remain calm and quiet until the end. I will call your names individually and tell you the results of your test. Afterward, we will commence the final half of the exam."

Clearing his throat, he then proceeds to call the names of the students and their test results one by one.

"Morimura Fumiyo, 43 out of 50.

"Katsumoto Tetsuo, 39 out of 50.

"Onokami Yoshimasa, 47 out of 50.

"Oshima Michiru, 45 out of 50.

"Ketsunoki Michiro, 40 out of 50.

"Ueda Yuzuha, 47 out of 50.

"Tsutsumi Bunta, 48 out of 50.

"Hachirobei Ken, 46 out of 50.

"Ryoinsatsu Jurei, 50 out of 50.

"Omukade Koda, 49 out of 50."

"Shiraki Reiko, 47 out of 50.

"Kyofu Kenta, 44 out of 50.

"Yamaoka Kazuhide, 41 out of 50.

"Hanamizuki Kaede, 45 out of 50.

"Yamamoto Ichirō, 42 out of 50."

Tokuma continues listing the names and their respective scores until he finishes. During that time, intermittently, a couple of the students would occasionally whisper amongst themselves, either to boast or complain about their own or others' scores. A significant portion of the quiet uproar belonged to Ryoinsatsu Jurei, who received a perfect exam score and quickly became the subject of curiosity and interest, albeit her high score was not unexpected, however, given her pedigree. Jurei, on the other hand, looks quite pleased with her test score and makes little effort to hide the fact on her countenance.

"Now, the passing grade was 40, and the 22 of 30 of you have passed. Congratulations to those whose names have been called. You have passed the written exam. Those who did not pass will not be allowed to move on to the next stage of the Academy. Those of you who did not pass, please stay behind. The rest of you, follow me." He beckons the students to the back of the class and opens the door.

Tokuma leads the entourage of newly, prospective students to the aforementioned, adjacent room together. It's mostly void of any furniture or decor, save for the standard, chalkboard walls, the usual, wooden flooring, and the small, rectangular windows near the ceiling, allowing a minimal amount of light to enter the room.

"Welcome, everyone, and congratulations on making it this far. You are the top 22 of the 30 students who have taken the written portion of the exam. That means you have already surpassed the initial cut. Now, the next part of the exam will involve the demonstration of three basic Jutsu. The first two will be the Transformation and Clone Jutsu followed by a randomly selected third choice. Afterward, I will determine whether you pass and graduate to become Genin or fail and strive to do better in the next. Are there any questions?"

The students, including Jurei, shake their heads.

"Very well. Let's get started. Same as last me, we start in alphabetical order and work out way down."

He then proceeds to list the names of the students alphabetically, one by one.

"Morimura Fumiyo, please step forward and perform the Transformation and Clone technique first, then your Fire Stream technique after."

"Yes, sir!"

Fumiyo steps forward, her hands clasped in front of her.

"Transformation Jutsu!"

A puff of smoke envelops her body and, when it clears, she's gone. In her place, a perfect replica of the proctor, Tokuma, stands before them.

"Well done, Fumiyo. You may proceed to the next technique."

"Clone Jutsu!"

Two identical copies of her appear beside her.

"You've performed the clone jutsu, and it's a decent one at that, but the transformation was a little sloppy. I would like to see a smoother transition, but nevertheless, you've passed. Please proceed to the last technique."

"Fire Style: Fire Stream!"

Fumiyo's mouth opens and a stream of fire shoots out, the flame source lighting up a significant portion of the room.

"Good job, Fumiyo and... You've passed the final portion of the exam. Please sit down among the chairs behind you and wait while I grade the other students. Next!"

"Katsumoto Tetsuo, here... Tetsuo, go ahead and show us the Transformation and Clone technique, then finish off with the Earth Bullet technique."

The proctor would instruct each individual slowly and meticulously, carefully observing and judging the student's performance. Over time, it finally gets to Jurei's turn as she steps forward when the instructor calls her name.

"Jurei, please go ahead and show us the Transformation and Clone technique, then conclude with... Huh, you may show us your Storage Displacement technique after. Begin."

"Yes, sir. Transformation Jutsu!"

An intense, white, swirling vortex manifests itself and engulfs Jurei's body, the surrounding air seemingly distorting and warping. When the smoke clears, a perfect replica of the proctor, Tokuma, is standing before the group.

"Well done, Jurei. Proceed to the next technique."

"Clone Jutsu!"

Four exact replicas of her are conjured.

"Excellent, Jurei. You've mastered the clone jutsu. Well done. Now then," He scouts around him before he reaches down and grabs a ruler from the blackboard behind him and hands it to the young woman. "Go on and perform the Storage Displacement technique with this ruler."

She nods and her hands form the corresponding hand seals: Rat→Dog.

"Storage Displacement Jutsu!"

The object suffuses with her chakra, taking on its color before dissolving into round particles that seem to blink away into nothing from the point of contact outwards. Then a couple of seconds later, she performs the same series of hand seals before the reverse occurs, the item reforming from blinking particles from the proctor's hand outwards.

"Impressive. Very impressive. I've never seen a storage technique executed so flawlessly and the disperse and reappearance of the ruler was instantaneous. Good work. You've passed. Feel free to at any of the chairs behind you."

"Thank you, sir. It was an honor."

While he calls for the rest of the students down the list, Jurei finds a vacant seat next to Fumiyo, who beams when their eyes meet and waves frantically to her. She returns the gesture with a small smile and a nod.

"You were awesome back there, Senpai! Like, really, really, really, awesome! Did you see the look on his face when you pulled that thing outta thin air?"

"Oh, yeah, I did. Thanks, Fumiyo. That means a lot coming from you."

"You're welcome, and thanks, too. Oh, and congrats, by the way."

"Congrats? For what?"

"For getting a perfect score, dummy."

"Ah, right. Thank you. I'm not gonna lie, though. I was a bit nervous during the exam, but I think I did okay."

"Are you kidding me? 'Okay' is an understatement. You aced it. I can't believe you got a 50. What's your secret?"

"Well, I just... I just studied and practiced, to be honest, I geuss."

"I guess that's true. There's no shortcut to success. We have to put in the work. But still, I'm kinda jealous. If I were a little more diligent, maybe I would've gotten a higher score, too."

"Don't say that. Your score is fine, Fumiyo. I mean, 43 is pretty good. Don't beat yourself up over it. Besides, there's always the chance to improve."

"Yeah, you're right, Senpai. Thanks."

While they converse and the pool of waiting students shrinks, the proctor finishes assessing the last available student before he positions himself in front of the class.

"Congratulations to all of you. You have successfully completed the second phase of the Genin Exam. The first two parts were the written and practical exams. You have passed both. I'm honored to say, from today henceforth, that you all are fully-fledged Genin. As such, you will now receive your Hitai-ate, the symbol of a Shinobi, along with your well-deserved Honor Student Pins. From here on, you will begin the life of a ninja and serve the Land of the Stars. Now, come and collect your headbands and pins."

The proctor walks over to a nearby table, upon which is a stack of Hitai-ates and button-sized pins. One by one, the students approach him and receive their headbands and pins, tying them around their foreheads and stitching the pins on either breast of their clothes. Jurei ties hers across her waistline for personal comfort and fastens her pin just below the left strap of her dress.

"This is so exciting, isn't it, Senpai?"

"It is. And a bit nerve-wracking, too."

"I know, right? I can't believe we're actually going to become a full-fledged ninja. It feels like a dream."

"I can't either, but the sooner we accept the fact, the better. We've got a lot of work ahead of us."

"Yeah, you're right. We have to do our best and keep moving forward."

"Yeah, you know it."

After receiving their headbands, the students are dismissed and return to their respective homes. Jurei catches up with a handful of her colleagues—Koda included—before she retires to home, a radiant glow on her face. Upon returning home, her parents greet her and congratulate her, inviting her to a celebratory dinner.

"Congratulations, dear. We're very proud of you."

"Thank you, Mom and Dad. I couldn't have done it without you."

"Aw, sweetie. Come here. Let me give you a hug." Chihiro swiftly scoops up Jurei in her arms into a bear hug.

"Mom, please. I'm not a little girl anymore."

"Of course you're not, dear. You're my little angel, and that's not going to change. No matter how old you get."

"Mom, please..."

"Alright, alright. I'll stop. But don't forget, you'll always be my little baby."

"And mine, too. Congratulations, Rielle, you've done well for yourself becoming a Genin today." Osamu gives a warm smile.

"Now, why don't we celebrate? I've prepared a nice meal for the three of us. I hope you're hungry." Chihiro chimes in.

"I'm starving." Jurei adds.

"Well, then. Let's eat." Osamu implores.

Osamu, Chihiro, and Jurei gather together in the dining room and feast on a delicious, savory meal. The rest of the day together is spent celebrating the joyous occasion and the first chapter of many in the Ryoinsatsu's new journey.

WC: 3,250
TWC: 3,250

[EXIT THREAD]

Requesting approval for the following claims:

Claiming the following *mission reward(s):
Total Ryo Earned: +2,000 Ryo
Total AP Earned: +10 AP
► x1 Hoshigakure Headband
► Rank Up from "Power Rank E""Power Rank D"
Power Rank Up Rewards+100 Bonus AP and +20 Bonus Stat Points
► Graduate from "Academy Student""Genin"
► Learning Ninjutsu as a Main Specialty
*Mission reward(s) doubled via Beloved Presence

Investing 3,250 TWC into the following Advanced Element(s):
► Training Gold Release (2,000/2,000) [1,250 TWC Left]

Investing the remaining 1,240 TWC into the following Jutsu:
► Training Hearthfire [115/250] → (250/250) [1,115 TWC Left]
► Training Temporary Paralysis @ D-Rank (500/500) [615 TWC Left]
► Training Mist Servant Technique (500/500) [115 TWC Left)
► Training Mind Read (115/250) [0 TWC Left]

Investing 3,250 TWC + 20 Stat Points via Power Rank Up (Total WC/SP allocation: 5,250 or 52) into the following Stat Points:
► Training +27 Vigor (-2,700 WC) [2,540 TWC Left]
► Training +20 Speed (-2,000 WC) [540 TWC Left]
► Traning +5 Chakra (-500 WC) [50 TWC Left]
→Expunging the remaining 50 TWC Left.

Last edited by Jurei Ryoinsatsu on Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:21 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated to fix miscalculation of "Mind Read" tech upon post-claim)

Marabelle Blossom likes this post

Marabelle Blossom
Marabelle Blossom
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Stat Page : The Everbloom
Mission Record : Misson Log: Everbloom
Iryōjutsu Bukijutsu Kanjutsu Default
Remove Earth Water Lightning Remove Default
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 2500

Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:00 pm
Jurei Ryoinsatsu wrote:WC: 3,250
TWC: 3,250

[EXIT THREAD]

Requesting approval for the following claims:

Claiming the following *mission reward(s):
Total Ryo Earned: +2,000 Ryo
Total AP Earned: +10 AP
► x1 Hoshigakure Headband
► Rank Up from "Power Rank E""Power Rank D"
Power Rank Up Rewards+100 Bonus AP and +20 Bonus Stat Points
► Graduate from "Academy Student""Genin"
► Learning Ninjutsu as a Main Specialty
*Mission reward(s) doubled via Beloved Presence

Investing 3,250 TWC into the following Advanced Element(s):
► Training Gold Release (2,000/2,000) [1,250 TWC Left]

Investing the remaining 1,240 TWC into the following Jutsu:
► Training Hearthfire [115/250] → (250/250) [1,115 TWC Left]
► Training Temporary Paralysis @ D-Rank (500/500) [615 TWC Left]
► Training Mist Servant Technique (500/500) [115 TWC Left)
► Training Mind Read (115/250) [0 TWC Left]

Investing 3,250 TWC + 20 Stat Points via Power Rank Up (Total WC/SP allocation: 5,250 or 52) into the following Stat Points:
► Training +27 Vigor (-2,700 WC) [2,540 TWC Left]
► Training +20 Speed (-2,000 WC) [540 TWC Left]
► Traning +5 Chakra (-500 WC) [50 TWC Left]
→Expunging the remaining 50 TWC Left.

Approved!

Jurei Ryoinsatsu likes this post

Reiten
Reiten
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : IIIIIIIII
Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 0

Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:08 pm
As the students filled the room one by one, Koda was peacefull, and also eager to answer the questions of the exam, as well as show proofs of his jutsu and skills, and that he was ready to be a real ninja of the village who happily received him and his clan. He had studied before, but Koda was a man of instict: he was more than happy to go with the flow, but at the same time liked to prepare. For him, it all boiled down to stategy. Preparing too much was time consuming, and didnt meant you would remember it on the fated day! Meaning you could have lost a lot of time for nothing. At the same time, not preparing and studying gave ample free time, but still, some things in life need to be known and remembered, not only done with improvisation and on the spot toughts, as this could very well lead to getting suprised, a fatal mistake in the ninja world. Koda was a man of both. He planed ahead, but knew that life is always a serie of unexpected events, and that planing too much was useless, and that every master mind needed to have a great reflex and ability to improvise and adapt.

Finally getting him out of his toughts, Jurei entered the room, and Koda, in a sign of friendship and respect, gestured with his head a small bow down, meanning both with the move to say hello to her, but also good luck for the exam. Of course, he knew luck had nothing to do with it, and Jurei was probably the most prepared student here, considering her family status, as well as her age and aexperience as a practicionner of jutsu. A few minutes after, as thew class was finally filled with all of the students of the cohort Koda nad Jurei bellonged into, the proctor walked in, a serious individual, and started to talk.

"Welcome everyone, and congratulations on making it to the Genin Exam," The instructor begins. "You've all worked hard and shown great dedication to the art of ninja, and I'm proud of each and every one of you. I am Tokuma Udo and I will be your proctor for today's exam. Now, let's get started, for the first half of the exam, you'll be tested on your knowledge and understanding of the three core disciplines: Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, and Genjutsu. Each discipline will be assessed through a series of written and practical tests, and the results will determine your final score. You'll have one hour to complete the written exam, and then a 30-minute lunch break.

"After lunch during the final hour, we will commence the second half of the exam, which will be a test of your skills in Ninjutsu. In the room adjacent to me, I will call you all, one by one in alphabetical order, and you will first show me your Transformation and Clone technique skills along with a third that I will randomly select from a pool from your student sheet. Afterward, you will meet back here and everyone will be told whether you pass or fail. Are there any questions?"

One hour ? for 25 questions? this was gonna be easy. Koda of course already knew a lot of basis for the life of a ninja, himself being a practitionner of the shinobi art before even setting foot in the village hidden amongst the stars.  He tought to himself that this exam was too easy, not profiling enough to get rid of the bad elements not yet ready to progress, but after all, he remembered he was a teenager, much more older and experienced too, a bit like Jurei over there, than most of the local kids who attended the academy as students. Nonetheless, Koda would have an easy time doing the exam, and so he was confident and waited for the cue to begin.

A few seconds later, the Proctor yelled to begin, and the class went into a hardcore silence beside the writing sound of the students in unison. With the test before him, Koda began to write his answers.

"#1: What is the difference between Ninjutsu and Genjutsu?
A. A ninjutsu is a technique used to transform chakra, whereas a genjutsu is a technique used to manipulate the body's senses.
B. A ninjutsu is a technique used to create an illusion, whereas a genjutsu is a technique used to attack the enemy.
C. A ninjutsu is a technique created by the user, whereas a genjutsu is a technique created by the opponent."

easy, the answer was A. next one!

"#2: What is the purpose of the Chunin Exams?
A. To test the skills and abilities of the participants.
B. To decide which village is the strongest.
C. To prove the worthiness of the candidates."

Hmm, its this one for sure. write down the answer

"#3: Name two common uses of the Transformation Technique.
A. Disguise and escape.
B. Illusion and trickery.
C. Battle and defense."

Oh yeah, i've been using it often, ahah! write down B

"#4: True or False: The Transformation Technique can only be used to transform into inanimate objects.
A. True
B. False"

false, next question! this is going good so far.

"#5: Which of the following is NOT a required component of the Transformation Technique?
A. Chakra
B. Hand seals
C. Physical contact with the object or person being transformed."

Koda write the answer easily and brushes to the next.

"#6: How many hand seals does the Transformation Technique require?
A. One
B. Two
C. Three"

a single one, and Koda even write the ''Dog'' beside his answer, showing he knows the sign.

"#7: When is the Transformation Technique the most useful?
A. During a battle
B. During a mission
C. During a training exercise"

answer is B

"#8: Why is the Transformation Technique considered a low-level technique?
A. It requires little chakra.
B. It can be easily detected.
C. It can be easily disrupted."

It requires little chakra

"#9: What is the weakness of the Transformation Technique?
A. It can be easily detected.
B. It can be easily disrupted.
C. It can be easily dispelled."

all of the above!

"#10: What is the name of the village where you are currently taking your exams?
A. Hoshigakure no Sato.
B. Kumogakure no Sato
C. Konohagakure no Sato."

This filled the heart of Koda with pride as he inscribed the answer Hoshigakure no Sato, as well as a little drawing swiftly done of a star.

"#11: What is the main usefullness of the Clone Technique?
A. Create a diversion
B. block an attack
C. Annoy your Sensei "

the answer is A

"#12: How to recognize a genjutsu from reality ?
A. look for details
B. talk to yourself
C. the colors changes"

Again, A is the answer! genjutsu are tricky !

"#13: Why are handsigns used for most jutsu techniques ?
A. To canalize the inner chakra into the techniques
B. to canalize the chakra of the nature to created techniques effets
C. to canalize the chakra gifted by the gods into jutsu, requesting their divine energy and favors "

This was easy, Koda knew the inner workings of the chakra system, the answer is A.

"#14: What is the definition of chakra?
A. the power of our minds
B. the blood that run trough our veins
C. the combined spiritual and physical energy, wich when canalized, can produce jutsu"

The answer was C, once again, his knowledge helped him.

"#15: What should be the number one priority of a ninja?
A. the mission
B. his life
C. the life of his friends"

This was a hard one, but the mission was always the main priority, even if a ninja must sacrifice his life or friends for it.

"#16: why is a village headband so important (the main reason) ?
A. it is a proof of loyalty and a proud piece of identity
B. it help to maintain unity amongst the uniform
C. It is used to signal a belonging to a precise village, as well as the individual loyalty to it"

Koda was tempted to put all of the above, but the right answer was C.

"#17: what are the main tools of a ninja?
A. his friends
B. kunai, shurikens, smoke bombs.
C. his mind and judgement"

again, all of these could work, but Koda being a strategist, C was the right answer.

"#18: Who is our curent Kage ?
A. Satoru Jugo
B. Ayato Hyuuga
C. Aokidanza Senju"

Ayato Hyuuga

"#19: What is the substitution technique?
A. a jutsu to change place with an object, dodging an attack
B. a jutsu to change place with an object, to create a diversion
C. a jutsu to change ingredients in a recipe"

Koda wrote the answer, A and B

"#20: how does shinobi climb walls and walk on water?
A.  by praying before doing it
B. by chaneling their chakra and doing the handsigns for spider walk jutsu
C. by channeling their chakra into the sole of their feet, maintaining grounding and equilibre"

this made Koda laugh a bit, and after his chuckle, he wrote down C.

"#21: what is the difference between a clone jutsu, and a shadow clone jutsu?
A. a clone is an illusion, but a shadow clone as consistency, being another, albeit fake, copy of the user
B. both are illusions
C. both are tangible"

A was the right, and also more defined answer.

"#22: what are the different ranks of ninja in a hidden village ?
A. student, genin, chunin, sanin, special forces, kage
B. student, chunin, sanin, kage
C. student, genin, chunin, jounin, special force, master, deputy, kage."

C was the right answer!

"#23: what is the correct difficulty ranking of missions available to shinobis?
A. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
B. lvl green, lvl yellow, lvl orange, lvl red, lvl purple, lvl black
C. E, D, C, B, A, S. "

C again!

"#24: what is a dojutsu?
A. a jutsu in a dojo
B. a jutsu that imply using in in the back of the enemy
C. unique bloodline abilities that are eyes exclusive to some clans biology"

hmmm a dojutsu was like the sharingan? Yeah, that seemed right. Even if Koda hasnt seen one in the flesh, he wrote C as his answer.

"#25: what are the nine specialties of the shinobi?
A. fire, water, air, stone, metal, lightning, yin, yang, wood
B. ninjutsu, genjutsu, kugujutsu, fuinjutsu, jikujutsu, kanjutsu, taijutsu, bukijutsu,  iryojutsu
C. melee weapons, ranged weapons, stealth, bombs, costumes, infiltration, magic, apothecary, deception"

B was the right answer.

And with this, the written exam was done. Looking left and right, and all around him, Koda noticed he was the first one to finish! Maybe this wasnt a good sign, maybe he rushed too fast and skiped the questions, but oh well, he reread his own answers and everything seemed fine to his judgement. As he waited for the others to finish in the school yard, more and more students arrived, finishing the exam, until all of the students were done, including Jurei. Koda approached to talk to her, even if she was surrounded by dozen of other students, all proud of her having a perfect score. ''Hey Jurei, congratulations on that score. You made the whole Ryoinsatsu clan proud, i'm sure of it. I hope you dont mind, but for the brief pause we have, I would like to be alone, as im quite in my head with these exam things.'' said Koda calmly, before going away to eat by himself. He ate only a few things, more akin to a snack than a meal, but this was his way of working: in his clan, in the wild, food was sometimes a hardship, and they needed to ration in order to survive. This left Koda always on edge and more attentive, as it rekindled his survival instinct and sharp senses needed in the wild.

As they got back inside, the Proctor informed the passing students of their passing order for the practical side of the exam, with Koda being the last one to be evaluated. This usualy was a bad omen, as the teachers and evaluators where often most hard to impress after a day of seeing other students do the same thing over and over again. Nonetheless, Koda waited, as students entered, left, entered, left, over and over again, with sounds of jutsu and clones, with wild puffs of smoke comming out of the classroom door, and students exiting with a smile on their face, or some a frown. Of course, not everyone would pass the exam, this was only the natural process of elimination of the not yet ready elements, as the life of a ninja and the reliability one need to garantee to one's team mates is paramount in the field. When it finally was time for Koda, the sun had started to set, and the orange light basked the whole room, with now only Koda to pass. By politeness, Jurei and a few others students waited to see if Koda would pass, and before heading into the class, he gave them a polite nod, and smiled with his eyes close, his whole face radiating confidance and positivity.

"Koda, the last but not least, please go ahead and show us the Transformation and Clone technique, and then the basic sealing technique that you know with this kunai. Whenever you're ready. Begin."

''alright Proctor. First of all, I will show you my transformation jutsu. *dog handsign* There you go proctor.'' Said Koda, as he transformed into the Hogokage himself, Ayato Hyuuga, finishing his sentence with the voice of the village head. After a second and after having suprised the proctor, Koda transformed back into himself with a big puff of smoke. Without a pause, and without letting the proctor speak, Koda proceeded to the next technique.

''Now I will showcase the ability to do clones.'' said calmly the Omukade. With the Dog sign, Koda placed himself in the center of the room, and with a large puff filling up entirelly the room, the proctor couldnt see nothing. After a few seconds, the smoke dispersed, and 5 exact copies of Koda could be seen standing in line, looking at the desk of the proctor. With a clap of his hands, the four clones disapeared, and Koda proceeded to the last technique.

''Now with this Kunai, I will perform the Basic sealing technique, an essential for any fuinjutsu practicionners.'' said Koda, concentrated on his performance.

Rapidly performing the handseals of Dog -Snake -Ram -Ox, Koda put his hand onto the floor, creating a large round seals formed of runes and sygils, and placed the Kunai inside.

''I will now do the handsigns again, withdrawing the item from the seal.'' explained further the young clan leader.

Performing again the handseals of Dog -Snake -Ram -Ox, and with his hand back again onto the seal on the floor, a small puff of white smoke formed, revealing the now withdrawn weapon from the seal directly into the hand of the student.

With the presentation gone, the proctor got up, as Koda bowed in thanks.

''Well thank you for your performance Koda Omukade. Your techniques are flawless, and you have a very good mastery of your chakra and techniques. You passed.''

''It was my pleasure. I cant wait to be a fully fledged renowned ninja serving the village hidden amongst the stars!'' replied Koda with enthousiasm.

"Congratulations to all of you. You have successfully completed the second phase of the Genin Exam. The first two parts were the written and practical exams. You have passed both. I'm honored to say, from today henceforth, that you all are fully-fledged Genin. As such, you will now receive your Hitai-ate, the symbol of a Shinobi, along with your well-deserved Honor Student Pins. From here on, you will begin the life of a ninja and serve the Land of the Stars. Now, come and collect your headbands and pins."

With another bow, Koda thanked the proctor, who gave him his headband, a pin for distinction amongst students, and his final results of the exam, showing a near-perfect score.  Koda retreated to outside of the classroom, and got to talk with his classmates, each celebrating their passing of the exam. Proud of himself and his fellow now-genins,  the young Omukade went and spoke to Jurei.

''Can you believe we are now genin? Fully fledged ninja of the village of Hoshigakure? Im very proud of us all. I must go now, but I wish you a good evening! See ya soon Jurei, swing by anytime!'' Ushered with optimism Koda, as he waved goodbye and went home, accompagnied by his best friend Tso, who patiently waited all day. As he approached the giant centipede who had wait, it was all curled up in a ball, sleeping. With Koda soflty brushing her sides, Tso woke up, and with a nod and a ruffle of the mandibles wich meant happiness and eagerness to go home, the young Omukade master noded, and they went back toward the estate of the clan.

[EXIT]

TWC: 3130

► Total Ryo Earned: +1,000 Ryo
► Total AP Earned: +5 AP
► x1 Hoshigakure Headband
► Rank Up from "Power Rank E" → "Power Rank D"
► Power Rank Up Rewards → +100 Bonus AP and +20 Bonus Stat Points
► Graduate from "Academy Student" → "Genin"
► Learning Fuinjutsu as a Main Specialty for free
► x1 Student Pin

►31 stats points +20 bonus stats points= +51 stats points (new total 142 stats points) 51 stats points going to vigor (new vigor=80)

►3130WC going toward following techniques: 2850WC going toward Paper Seal: Explosion, 250WC going toward Genjutsu release 

30 wc going to the void

Jurei Ryoinsatsu likes this post

Ayato Hyuuga
Ayato Hyuuga
Hogokage
Hogokage
Stat Page :

Mission Record :
Summoning Contract : Forest of Dreams Ravens

Living Clones : Natsuki
Toneri
Familiar : Maneki
Legendary Equipment : Raiment of Eternal Fortune
Stone of Gelel
Remove Taijutsu Remove Kanjutsu Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Earth Water Lightning Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Taijutsu
Ryo : 435700

Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:59 pm
Koda Omukade wrote:
[EXIT]

TWC: 3130

► Total Ryo Earned: +1,000 Ryo
► Total AP Earned: +5 AP
► x1 Hoshigakure Headband
► Rank Up from "Power Rank E" → "Power Rank D"
► Power Rank Up Rewards → +100 Bonus AP and +20 Bonus Stat Points
► Graduate from "Academy Student" → "Genin"
► Learning Fuinjutsu as a Main Specialty for free
► x1 Student Pin

►31 stats points +20 bonus stats points= +51 stats points (new total 142 stats points) 51 stats points going to vigor (new vigor=80)

►3130WC going toward following techniques: 2850WC going toward Paper Seal: Explosion, 250WC going toward Genjutsu release 

30 wc going to the void

Approved
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum