Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
New Acquaintances Today at 7:58 pmCiel UchihaA meeting most unusualToday at 7:22 pmIzu MomochiFar Away Today at 6:33 pmReitenFrom the SidelinesToday at 8:06 amKenchiVoices in the GardenToday at 3:41 amShiru IyasuA meet in HoshiYesterday at 7:02 pmMizaki HyuugaTeam 1!Yesterday at 6:54 pmMizaki HyuugaGrowing TalesYesterday at 6:32 pmAkira NamikazeTori Jintaro [Mission Record]Yesterday at 6:03 pmTori JintaroLate Night OutYesterday at 3:25 pmRen Kurosawa
Top posting users this month
29 Posts - 28%
25 Posts - 24%
10 Posts - 10%
10 Posts - 10%
8 Posts - 8%
6 Posts - 6%
6 Posts - 6%
4 Posts - 4%
4 Posts - 4%
3 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape

Entering the Veil

+2
Arantima
Mizuki Ohta
6 posters
Go down
Arantima
Arantima
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Link
Mission Record : Link
Summoning Contract : Forgotten Owls
Living Clones : Valeiru
Remove Bukijutsu Remove Puppetry Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Space/Time
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 54000

Entering the Veil - Page 2 Empty Re: Entering the Veil

Sun May 07, 2023 7:36 pm

Entering the Veil - Page 2 A9ZAf7m

Entering the Veil - Page 2 RlNMUAA

Arantima's gaze had never left Mizuki. The moment she had taken a deeper drag from her bottle when he mentioned the forge he recalled how much she hated it in there, however he also the tightening of her jawline.. Those were not things he saw her do often.. They were things HE Did often.. To stop things.. He followed her gaze towards Kinko and saw how she looked through him, not at him.. And not in the way she normally does.  She wasn't examining, she wasn't analyzing and letting whoever she was looking at know she saw through them. she was facing him because it was... programmed.

There was something strange in her air and her blood if she hadnt changed faces in her description and were it not for the fact that she bore the seal that he could Feel in his own he would have pinned her to the table she now leaned on by her own hands. When her eyes settled on him he shifted and stood in a flash, launching himself across the distance between himself and the table, landing on it softly with his Tenkai-no Ma robes and jewelry jingling softly as they settle.

He head turned sideways, kind of like a curious dog at first but he kept turning his head until it was as far as he could turn it, almost looking at Mizu upside down. He reached forward and dug his ruby red nails into the wood with audible sound as the wood gave way to his sharp nails penetrating them. His mannerisms had always been grossly inhuman when he was not masking, like a predator.. but worse a predator designed to hunt humans. "Mizuki. Theres something else isn't there? You aren't.. Looking at us, or through us like you do. Like we are here but not.."

He closed his eyes a moment while looking right at her, slow enough that it would be easy to tell that the action held some kind of meaning. When his eyes opened again he didnt turn his gaze from Mizu but he pointed at Yazui with his free hand "No one else would notice..  I do..  I always can. You told me in the Forge that you would always trust me. What changed between then and now? What makes you think I'll be ok with arms length again?" His head moves back to looking straight on instead of being tilted at a strange angle.

"When you awakened my blood you called me brother and I've done all I can to live up to that title you gave me. I thought we were going to work on this after the forge.. But now I'm getting the wrong signals..  Ill Relegate myself to a follower if that is what you want. but you will understand the consequences of that are.. not what you expect. The perfect soul-less killer. Loyal to a fault but My love, my heart will die. I Sit where I sit because you push me back no matter how many times I find a way to get close to you again." The entire time he was speaking his fingers were clenched into the table as if to hold the hand there more than to hold himself to the table.

His shoulders had been twitching and spasming as spoke, the free hand that had been pointing at Yazui contorted and seemed to spasm as well until his had to bring it up against his side to keep it still, and even so it looked more like he has holding a injury to his ribs. "Do with me what you will, but I Love you Mizuki..  As a Follower, as a Protector, as a Brother, More.. So much more. I will always Resist and claw back at anything you wish with everything I have, as long as I'd have you there. My devotion doesn't rest in words or places Mizu. Its in you.. My heart and my soul belong to you and have for a long time now. All I've ever had was faith that you'd always come back to smile at me again.. just once more."

Arantima's muscles haven't calmed since he began speaking but he also hadn't moved from his perch. He was either nervous or calming violence, and it wasn't clear if it was both at once or not. He wrenches his hand out of the table and points back to Kinko and Yazui "They are here too. They put you where they feel you put yourself. Above and away.. And they are ready to take their positions wherever you put them.. but you dont have to keep them away... Unless they want that."

He doesn't stop perching from where he was.. but his shoulders do relax.. no they slump and his head hangs low, like a man waiting to have his head completely chopped off and also like someone who just fought sixteen rounds with a fighter so fast and strong that even dodging their punches hurt.

835/1979

Current Health Bar: 300/300  | AP: 1050/1050

Vigor: 25 |  Chakra: 100 | Speed: 150 | Strength: 25 | Throwing Speed: 115 | Throwing Distance: 57 Meters | Jumping Distance/Height 42 Meters

Nenra
Nenra
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Stat Page : The Drifter
Remove Iryōjutsu Bukijutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 500

Tue May 09, 2023 3:39 am
Yazui would look up as Kinko shuffled in, carrying a tribute for Mizuki. His voice and mannerisms were subdued and polite, much like Yazui’s and unlike Arantima’s exuberance. The fruit was also a welcome gift, although Mizuki barely seemed to register it.  Instead, she seemed more preoccupied with something else. The combination of far-off stares and consumption of alcohol…. Yazui had seen plenty of it during the war. Evidently something had rattled Mizuki during her absence.  Waiting patiently for Mizuki to fetch some of the fruit, Yazui would move in after her an retrieve a juicy pear, giving Kinko a nod of appreciation He would sink his teeth into the skin of the fruit and allow the sweet juices to fill his mouth as he looked expectantly at Mizuki.

After another deep swig, she would begin recounting what happened the last few weeks…

And what a story it was. While things had been positively dull in the hideout, the world’s turmoil had been going on with Mizuki caught right in the middle. It was painful knowing that circumstance had made them lose a valuable ally. It was also painful knowing this had all been going on while Arantima, Kinko, Kana Mi and Yazui had been hiding in the mist. In a way, the Yugure hideout with its illusionary mist was like a womb. It was safe, comfortable and shielded its inhabitants from the harsh outside. But it could also make them complacent and ignorant to the face that the world kept on spinning without them.
Nodding at Mizuki’s proposal- no, decision- for a spar, Yazui felt a rush of excitement through his body. Never before had he faced a kage-level opponent.

Even with the three of them against only one, the odds were stacked against them.

Then, Arantima suddenly moved from his position, closing the distance between himself and the counter Mizuki was seated on before landing close to her. Yazui noticed that already he found his speed easier to keep up with than during their spar. While he estimated that he couldn’t match it, he felt confident he could at least react to it more properly.

Speaking of Arantima, his mannerisms took on something dog-like, as par for the course whenever Mizuki was around. When they first met, he had seemed like a ruthless guard dog ready to rip out the throats of any intruders. Now, he was more like a curious canine sensing something was of. Seeing a full-grown young man act like this was almost like watching an unnerving carnival performance. He had noticed something was off about Mizuki and, to Yazui’s irritation, claimed only he would notice while explicitly pointing at Yazui.

”I’m not dumb or stupid, asshole!”, Yazui thought. ”It was obvious to anyone. Think you’re special now?!” The Tenka softly exhaled in a steady manner, not letting anyone on the outside know of the anger that had flared up inside him. He understood he was probably overreacting. His temper had always been with him, but experience had taught him that acting impulsively out of anger was never productive.

Instead, he would focus on Arantima’s anguished declaration of loyalty. There was a lot of emotion in his voice, signifying the long history the two must have had. When the Wind Demon pointed at him and Kinko, Yazui would straighten up and nod while looking at Mitsuki. There was nothing else he could say at the moment that wouldn’t sound like an awkward understatement coming after Arantima’s sincere and emotional speech, and so Yazui had nothing to add but a gesture to confirm that he was indeed ready to serve.

604/1347
Kana Mi
Kana Mi
Citizen
Stat Page : Blodreina
Remove Ninjutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Medical
Ryo : 59650

Thu May 11, 2023 7:26 pm
Kana fell short from the others. As the three were awakened by the scorching presence of the seal that was etched within their flesh, the seal that alerted the members of Mizuki's long awaited return, Kana felt nothing.

Although, that did not mean she was left unaware of the Lady's return.

The window within her resting chambers gifted Kana the view of what took place out front, from the massive building that they've all nestled within. It only felt right having the opportunity to be aware of what might be making its way to the front doors. Not that Kana felt like anything would easily be able to waltz right into their home. She just wasn't the type to completely let her guard down.

The presence of something soft and delicate existed between her fingers, as Kana gently spun an owl feather. One that came from the itty owlet that Kinko had rescued. It must have fallen from the poor owlet during its struggles. Kana had secretly taken it into her possession, she was a sort of collector.

The divan in which she settled laxed within, was one of her favorite places to be. Whether bathing in the light of the moon, or listening to the rustle of the wind during the time of day. The window was both a portal and a barrier.

But this time it wasn't just the sound of the wind, coaxing itself through the trees and its branches. The sound of voices drew her eyes to open. Kana lifted her head from the wall behind her, shifting her now open gaze to the window curiously. She hadn't expected to see both Arantima and the Lady herself at the front.

And just like that. . Kana felt some sort of internal clock, starting up once more.

She rose from the divan, letting the owl feather fall upon one of the cushions along it, before stretching her arms above her head like some sort of feline. The velvet gown that adorned her form readjusted itself. Kana turned from the window just as Mizuki and Arantima made their way to the front door.

The Lady's reunion with the Yugure family must have been the most excitement that Kana had witnessed within the walls in a while. It was clear that everyone had been  eager for her return. Kana appeared into the room like a shadow, her presence was a mixture of both lax and aware. The stance of a lioness that was capable of being lazy, while still matching the air of a predator.

Despite her just now joining the group, Kana was aware of the discussion taking place. Their heightened senses were no joke and it allowed her to have an idea of what was going on . "I'm aware it may be impolite for me to intrude all of the sudden. The way your words speak about these dangers, it's as if there is a hint of guilt within your voice. Perhaps I'm reading it wrong. Or perhaps you feel responsible if something were to happen here next?"

"As a family, it would be unfair for you to feel such a heavy burden on your own."

Kana rested her back against the doorframe as a smirk tugged at the corner of her lips. Being the last one to greet her, "Still. .  it's good to have you back, Lady Mizuki."

[562/562]
Kinko
Kinko
Citizen
Stat Page : Kinko
Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 71000

Fri May 12, 2023 12:06 am
Kinko nodded back at Yazui as he UNDERSTOOD what was going on. Mizuki clearly was preoccupied with real issues, some that were causing her some internal strife. Kinko hoped this was a problem he could assist in. Kinko was often a problem solver, he felt most helpless when issues beyond his control, beyond his influence. Everyone who knew Kinko knew he tried to influence everything and anything in his way, even if it meant sharing fruit. He really did take to his father, the diplomat. Though, one thing he struggled with was the emotions. Kinko had more questions if anything: what happened? Not, what happened, but what REALLY happened. What is going on…

He sat patiently with his heels dug into the dirt; he was not going to be the one to console Mizuki. Perhaps, counsel at another point, but surely not console; Kinko was NOT that guy. Clearly overthinking the emotional state of Mizuki, and what people would think if he interrupted, if he said the wrong thing, if he stood the wrong way…he waited, only a moment.

His eyes shifted as Arantima started doing that thing again. A loose exhale escaped him, beyond his control as he failed to realize he was safe from this interaction. His facial expression jumped from agreement, to confusion, to a criticism of the dramatic nature that was Arantima. His eyes shifted over towards Yazui; Kinko clearly saw that Yazui was feeling similar. Kinko thought it was weird. The vampire failed to realize that there is true strength in vulnerability.

Before long, a finger was pointed towards Kinko, who almost was startled from the interaction. He nodded in agreement, more in a playful way, to break up the emotional tension. Kinko saw the moment and took it. “I do love to travel.” Kinko said, agreeing with Arantima. He was ready to be deployed. Anywhere, with anyone, for any mission. He was ready…

Kinko’s ear perched as the familiar Kana’s voice beckoned through the wind. With Kinko’s face still facing Mizuki, his face said it all. ‘It’s about time, Kana.’…Though, she did make some good points. He only turned his face enough for her to see his eyes, an acknowledgment. Something in Kinko turned to acknowledge Kana, maybe because he wanted to be acknowledged by her as well. He took a sidestep, shuffling himself out of the way, to ensure a space for Kana. Kinko thought that Kana was coming in hot, just jumping right into the deep end. Kinko was all for it.
Still, Kinko looked at Mizuki to solve this problem.

[WC430/941]
Mizuki Ohta
Mizuki Ohta
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Mizuki Ohta
Mission Record : Mizu's Log
Remove Remove Remove Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 330650

Sat May 13, 2023 7:32 pm
Cue the theatrics - it was like a bomb detonating - and though the space was large enough to house five more people comfortably it felt suffocating as he launched into her personal space. Though no heartbeat resonated from him she heard every breath, every intake as his words hissed out with… with audacity. His loss of control had not improved, instead it seemed to have doubled in her absence like the lack of her mentoring had let it run wild. Twitching and exclaiming in front of everyone and letting his thoughts go unchecked.

Her eyes watched him with disappointment - gaze sharpened to a fine point as he finally relented - having not stopped the outburst to allow it to hopefully expunge from his body for the last time. “Enough.”, the single word slipped from her mouth right as Kana entered the scene and spoke up. Her eyes snapped to her as she spoke and on the heels of the emotional outburst from Arantima the words hit home. Guilt tinged indeed, she had gathered them then left them almost immediately, what had she done for them but give them a place to hide? Weren’t they supposed to be doing something?

Straightening her posture and crossing her arms over her chest she looked the group over - eyes lingering for mere moments on each before landing on Arantima still crouched in front of her. “Sit down Arantima and please, try to contain the worry. I understand where it comes from but I am not backing away from any of you. In fact-”, she gave a small humorless laugh, “- I suspect you all will tire of my presence soon enough with the amount of time we will be spending together.” Hoisting one leg up on the table she sat on, allowing the second to dangle freely as she adopted a more at ease position she heaved a sigh.

“For you all to get an understanding of why Arantima went off as he did I will let you in on a little bit of history. I’ll make it quick I promise.” Her eyes moved slowly over their faces as she began, “Arantima has obviously been with me for the longest, but there was two others before him, other family. While still the Kazekage I had adopted, for lack of a better term, a young man who had come wandering to Sunagakure. He quickly became my world, my soul purpose for the betterment of the world as it was. His name was Souji… and he was nearly as protective of me as Arantima is now, so much so that on a trip to a Summit in Kirigakure he gave me no choice but to allow him to accompany me. During that summit the Mizukage broke peace by attacking, and in the small space I would have killed him if I fought back so I ran and they captured him. When I made it back to Sunagakure I was never the same, distraught, withdrawn, basically a shell of a person. I couldn’t get him back without inciting full blown war and I was so guilt stricken all I could think to do was to run from Sunagakure so my actions wouldn’t be attached to the village. One thing led to another and well we are here, but I have never so much as attached my name to another person for fear that they too would be taken from me and I would return to the barren hole of grief.”

Taking a moment to pause in her story she would slightly smile to herself, “Then this place came together, you all came together - and suddenly I wasn’t in a hole anymore. Arantima withstood more than anyone should, my anger, my dismissal - but he kept me hanging on without my knowledge. So yes, it is so good to be home, and to see my family.” Turning slightly to look at Kinko, raising an eyebrow in acknowledgement, “To travel you must be able to withstand the rest of the world, and I intend to make you all formidable. So, Arantima-”, finally turning back to him with a slight shake of her head, “-are you of the mind to show me what you all have learned in my absence tomorrow morning?” Sweeping up from his face she would look at them all in turn, Yazui, Kana, and Kinko - “Are you prepared to demonstrate?” The smile that had slightly tugged now spread in earnest at them.

wc 753
Arantima
Arantima
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Survived 2021
Stat Page : Link
Mission Record : Link
Summoning Contract : Forgotten Owls
Living Clones : Valeiru
Remove Bukijutsu Remove Puppetry Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Clan Specialty : Space/Time
Ryo : 54000

Sun May 14, 2023 11:12 am

“Enough.” The word struck him harder than the blow that he had been expecting ever could of. No jutsu, no kunai penetrating his neck and no motion of the arm or chakra could have knocked his center off balance like that word managed to. Because he was expecting anger, because he had been expecting what he did to elicit the sort of response he had at the tanbo gates when he got the curse mark... He moved back a half jump, placing him dangerously on the edge of the table, barely holding on by his sandal tips.

Then Kana-mi Spoke and he slipped forward just enough to make himself stable again, as long as his weight didnt shift noticeably.  He didnt turn his eyes away from Mizu as she spoke, Recounting that.. Awful time period that culminated at the tower he was living in. He looked back to the rest as she finished her explanations, not yet realizing he had not yet infact sat down as instructed but too.. enraptured by this unexpected but hoped for reaction. When she looked at him again he nodded and and then looked back to the rest of them and not having realized how much he relaxed his whole body... slipped. Whoosh and with a gentle thud found himself on his back looking up at the ceiling but for all the wrong reasons.

All he could do was to shoot up his arm and give Mizu and the rest a thumbs up while wheezing out a small croak of "Always Ready Mizu-Ane. as his lungs were struggling to keep air in them for the moment.

271/2250

Current Health Bar: 300/300  | AP: 1050/1050

Vigor: 25 |  Chakra: 100 | Speed: 150 | Strength: 25 | Throwing Speed: 115 | Throwing Distance: 57 Meters | Jumping Distance/Height 42 Meters

Mizuki Ohta likes this post

Nenra
Nenra
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Stat Page : The Drifter
Remove Iryōjutsu Bukijutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Ryo : 500

Sun May 14, 2023 4:52 pm
It was interesting what you could observe just by being quiet and watching. Case in point, while Mizuki didn't say anything during Arantima's speech, the coldness of her eyes showed what she thought of his display of emotion. It made sense to Yazui. How someone like Mizuki, who always seemed so in control, could view a lack of thereof as weakness. It made sense to Yazui because he could only agree. Feeling existed, but one could govern them or be governed by them. For all of Arantima's physical prowess and weapon  skill, he seemed at times to be governed by his. It was in this that Yazui saw his chance to one day surpass him.

“Enough.”

The word was said with a coldness and contempt that made even Yazui shiver. He wondered how much the Demon truly understood Mizuki.

It was then that Kana Mi dropped in. Yazui had almost forgotten about their elusive final member, but her presence was a welcome sign considering the brawl that was to come. Her words were well-chosen, maintaining enough respectful distance to inquire Mizuki's thoughts without stepping out of line and displeasing her even further. The words seemed to come through to Mizuki, putting her in a reasonable enough mood to open up. And as she sat and told her some of her own history, Yazui listened attentively.

It was strange. Mizuki was worshiped by the likes of Kinko and Arantima. Maybe even Kana Mi. Even Yazui, who was perhaps a bit more matter-of-fact, had held her in high regard. She was mysterious, beautiful, always in control. She carried herself with a certain air of... perfection. And yet her history was one of getting screwed over. Of her losing, fleeing in shame and licking her wounds in the shadows. In that regard, she was more like Yazui than he had realized. To think even someone with that level of power could still be victimized like she had been. Still be reminded of her human side. And now she had gathered them here. And as much as Mizuki needed her new family, her new family needed her. Yazui would ride the waves of their anger towards the world and let it carry him to perfection.

"Such a cruel fate. To be betrayed and then lose everything....", he would say as he took one step closer to Mizuki and Arantima. "Seems like the only remedy for a world this fearsome.... is to become fearsome ourselves." He would extend his arms in arguably his grandest gesture yet, a way to include everyone in this room. "I wish for nothing more than to become a force to be reckoned with together with all of you.

448/1795

Mizuki Ohta likes this post

Kana Mi
Kana Mi
Citizen
Stat Page : Blodreina
Remove Ninjutsu Remove Default
Ryo : 59650

Tue May 16, 2023 4:12 pm
Mizuki's eyes snapped towards the spot in which Kana stood, after hearing the words that uttered from her lips. Despite the slight shiver that ran down her spine, Kana's expression never wavered. She was all too aware of the dangerous side that Mizuki was capable of. It is what drew the Lass in to begin with. The mysterious cloak that hovered over Mizuki, and the gaze that could possibly freeze over the very hell in which birthed upon such curses amongst them.

It was the guilt that had started to break through her surface, that Kana wasn't familiar with.

Evidently, it seemed as Kana's choice of words did well not to push her.

With a tilted gaze, Kana scanned the room at the familiar faces in which she haven't witnessed in a good passing of time. Noticing the shift in Kinko's attention as he stepped a bit to the side.

She softly pushed off from the doorframe and took Kinko's offer. Moving to stand in the space he provided, as Mizuki dove into the story of her past. In silence Kana listened to each word she spoke, wanting to get a better understanding of not just Aratima, but also of Mizuki as well.

Kana was the type to observe after all. She was quick to try and read anyone within her presence. There was always much to learn when it came to people.

And the more mysterious one was, the more intrigued Kana became.

Judging by the story in which Mizuki uttered, Kana can only clearly see how well her and Arantima seemed to balance one another. Mizuki was the type to be calm and collected, compared to the energetic Arantima that can easily break when it came to emotions. All in all. . as Mizuki felt as if she was the one running, Aratima refused to give up on her.

Perhaps anyways, that was only what Kana could capture at the moment. She was still interested in witnessing how the two fought side by side.

"That makes me wonder if maybe the mark is something you thought of, because of that incident. When you had to chose between fighting back at the chance of hurting your friend, or backing down. With a mark like that, you won't have to worry about holding back for the sake of our lives." Kana pondered on that thought, just as Arantima fell from his surface and onto the floor. She winced slightly in regards of his situation.

[413/975]

Kinko
Kinko
Citizen
Stat Page : Kinko
Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 71000

Sun May 21, 2023 12:37 am
Kinko's eyes widened and his head almost shot back, perhaps in a more casual setting but he controlled himself here. 'Harsh.'He thought as he could see the EMOTIONAL DAMAGE that Tima was struggling through. Very cold, Mizuki, very cold. A smile crept on Kinko's face. He appreciated the directness. Most people would WANT to do that but never would. Kinko would make note to try his best to not find himself in that position. Kinko can sometimes confuse strong directness as strong leadership. Regardless, he nodded in approval. She must have known Kinko was thinking the same.

Kinko and Yazui were on similar pages in this regard. Kinko sat patiently and listened being visibly in his facial reactions and head nods.  He tried making eye contact with Mizuki as she expressed her story, one of pain and hardship. Kinko could not relate BUT he was going to make it look like he could. Kinko had simple problems, his life was easy, especially compared to hers. Further, this was no time for Kinko to express his story, this was story time and team building, the young vampire was well aware of the room. He surely would not want to overstep boundaries and appear too comfortable. Though, he was caught off guard. He brought attention to Mizuki, as it felt like he was called upon in a class room. He jolted in attention, not expecting to be called on. Luckily, he needed to say nothing! Something Kinko can struggle with at times. Kinko affirmed the convictions of Mizuki by displaying a firm and proud nod, in agreement. He only understand the world through his own eyes, a unique perspective, but narrow.

The Kyuketsuki was prepared for travel. He was slowly leaving everything behind him and seemingly picking up a whole new world.

Kinko was clearly eager to show his readiness. He clutched both his fist and brought them close to his face, in a fighter's stance but slightly modified to act as a pose. Kinko was posing for the camera and the camera was Mizuki's eyes. He in his heart knew he was not ready but his brain would never let anyone know that. "Hmph!" He said, not in a bratty way, more of a 'hyah' in Karate, a landing of a strike but quickly returning back to a casual stance as Tima...spoke.

His eyes shifted towards Tima who, even with medical ninjutsu, would need time to recover from his wounds. Kinko sensed the timidness, or lack of a better word, from Tima. Kinko heard Yazui begin to speak but could not help himself to continue looking at Tima, Kinko wanted to help...Kinko eventually looked back over at Yazui and nodded in agreement, as Yazui extended his arms around the room. Not fully hearing everything Yazui said, Kinko was sure enough it was good enough for his approval. Next, Kana joined, as Kinko looked down onto Kana. She always had something profound to say, she really did know much more than Kinko. His eyes and ears could not escape her allure...until Kinko caught glimpse of her wincing. His eyes would look over at Tima, with a blank stare. A stare that he gave Yazui once...a stare of judgment.

Without skipping a beat, and entirely hiding the desire to help Tima, Kinko turned to Mizuki. "We all intend to show you how formidable we are." He said with a smile, one that will invite the competitive nature of everyone while maintaining respect and acknowledgement of the realities of strength between the parties.

[WC:590/1531]
Mizuki Ohta
Mizuki Ohta
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Survived 2021
Stat Page : Mizuki Ohta
Mission Record : Mizu's Log
Remove Remove Remove Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 330650

Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:51 pm
The boys seemed to take her challenge in stride, each claiming to be ready to grow and show themselves - she expected nothing less from these unearthed gems. They reminded her of her youth in their own ways, like shattered pieces that grew along their own paths instead of being held together and forced to stay cramped together - neither whole nor truly broken. This group was not acid nor alkaline, caught between black and white, not quiet either day or night - perfectly misaligned. She could see it in everything that they were - how each covered an aspect of the other that they lacked in personality and action. She couldn’t help but glean that the same would be true in combat. So when the small pleased smile graced her lips it was of true nature, not a mask but a real emotion.

Once again the one in the room that hit closest to her underlying meaning was Kana Mi, eyes turning on the girl even as the others spoke she watched her with softening eyes. The memory of a similar instance - in the days before Sunagakure was rebuilt when she too spoke of truths to a man much more dangerous than her. Had the roles finally been reversed? Was she becoming Kenshin Uzumaki and was she simply repeating history? No, Kana had even pointed out the very steps she had taken to never repeat the exact mistakes she had made before. Finally dropping her gaze from the girl she would nod, “Astute as usual Kana, that is exactly why Soja Koka exists. I am done restraining myself and if I am to have you all close you cannot be a casualty to that unleashing. Which reminds me-”

Standing finally she crossed to the girl with her palms facing up held at her waist, “-”I believe it’s far past time for you to receive that seal.” Walking around the girl slowly she would wind through the seals with intent before gently placing her right hand between her shoulders in the mid of her back. The whispered words were for her only, “We are always at your back.” The way she had bestowed the seal on each of them had their own personal touches and Kana’s was no different. As the most watchful and possibly introverted of the bunch, having its placement there was something of a reminder.

As the seal seared into her skin the flash of heat would dissipate quick enough to not cause true pain, but the instant connection to the others in the room would alter the way the room felt. Like a thin golden string winding through each of them and closing the loop. “Now, if you all don’t mind I need a hot bath and some rest… a four versus one battle isn’t something you do without proper sleep.” As she moved to the front door to take the path to the bath houses she would turn over her shoulder and give them a deep nod of respect. “See you all in the morning.”, closing the door behind her she heaved a heavy sigh - only then letting the weight of her stress sink her shoulders and bow her head for a moment.

EXIT
Placing Seal of Sojo Koka on Kana Mi

AP to place - 40
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum