Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Lord Paramounts Of The TridentToday at 2:17 pmShiro HyugaThe Fury Meets A FurryToday at 1:09 pmIchigo SatoA toughtfull momentToday at 8:33 amKaikos BlossomFar Away Yesterday at 8:56 pmMegami KuogaDoing Your Part (Mission Thread Pt. 1)Yesterday at 8:18 pmXena UchihaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 8:02 pmDante HyugaMy Immortal Yesterday at 7:02 pmDante HyugaDesert BloomsYesterday at 4:15 pmShogo FreyaRaiden Chills (Open)Yesterday at 1:51 pmMizuki OhtaAqueous Transmission Yesterday at 1:51 pmDante Hyuga
Top posting users this month
24 Posts - 34%
11 Posts - 16%
10 Posts - 14%
8 Posts - 11%
4 Posts - 6%
4 Posts - 6%
3 Posts - 4%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
2 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Emi Tanaka
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 0

Getting back to prepare to leave Empty Getting back to prepare to leave

Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:11 pm
At some point, Emi started carrying Jamil.

She was not even entirely sure how he had convinced her to do this, but he had, and she had chosen the path of least resistance.

She was returning home, now, and gave Jamil terse instructions to go to the mission depot. She would be around shortly to make sure he had done the bare minimum.

Waving to the guard on duty, who was currently Dai Cho, she waved the others in. Matsune had seen Mizuki's details earlier, and Emi had 'acquired' Jamil's papers during the walk and slid them to Dai Cho before going on her way.

Last edited by Emi Tanaka on Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mizuki Ohta
Mizuki Ohta
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Mizuki Ohta
Mission Record : Mizu's Log
Remove Remove Remove Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Medical
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 330650

Getting back to prepare to leave Empty Re: Getting back to prepare to leave

Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:35 pm
The sliding of paperwork into Emi’s pockets did not go amiss to the lax shinobi, though her eyes never moved from the face of the Komekage she watched the exchange of information out of her peripheral. Having known this from childhood, her manner of staring down people she interacted with drew attention of course - and some uncomfortable feelings at times. This however was just as normal a day as ever to the historical woman, standing with hands in her pockets at ease. Having been waved along with Matsune, the woman in black walked through the threshold to enter what was definitely a home. Her whole body language would shift, just slightly, at the new space. Adorned with home furnishings and details that spoke of who lived there, the two toned eyes scanned the room with wild eyes before melting into the posed statue of observance she had maintained thus far.

Arms held behind her back in a stance of subordination given the title difference - she imitated the stance given to her several times before - but her eyes held the stoic look of one unbent. Now that the group was in a more secluded setting the danger should have arose for the woman, but the intent of the two women - one elder and dodding, the other younger and quick to anger - she felt no strain on her mood. Taking a more casual gaze around the room she commented, “You are one with your space Emi Tanaka, it feels as much you as you do.” This phrase was generally a normal sentence but having guessed that she had been thoroughly looked into, at least to the ability of Tanbogakure, the phrase hit deeper levels of understanding. Not only had the woman been watching the newest leader of the village closely all day but she had accepted the presence of the woman and was acknowledging that her general sense was set in this place nicely.

“So, do you wish to discuss payment on my guarding you in the upcoming Summit or did you simply want to show me your ability in interior decorating?” Her tone wasn’t rude, it was matter of fact - her expression showed the same even keel dead pan gaze as it did when she was watching someone who held the nature to sporadically combust into action or emotion. “If the post is still offered I will accept, given a few terms of my own are followed, as someone who has called a summit to order and attended a second called by another I may have a slight edge on how best to enter such an arena of… politics.” The last word came out with a slight wrinkle of the nose as if the word alone made her sick to speak.

wc 460
Emi Tanaka
Citizen

Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:36 pm
If the topic is to keep going, adding https://www.narutoroleplaygame.com/t47274-shopping-spree-supervisor

Emi had, quite frankly, almost forgotten she had invited another here, even as the ever present... mess came clearly into her mind. While not disgusting, it was disorganized. Maybe not "clothes strewn about the room", but certainly "this place has not seen a proper tidy day in a hot minute."

That left Mizu's comment as somewhere maybe between a compliment or an insult? Very likely more compliment side, but Emi really did not care enough at the moment to decide. She was already plopping down on the older, fading couch next to her keyboard.She considered dragging it over to mess with it some, but that was not really what she felt like right now, especially as Mizu got on to proper business.

"At some point, yeah, the plan was to talk about payment. Frankly I walked in the door and it kind of... hit me how exhausting it was dealing with those stuffy company people things all day. Like not physically just... woof." Even as she said that, though, Emi sat up, and gestured to the chair across the small space in her small apartment.

She may be Kage right now, but that did not mean it was safe to get a bigger place...

While not the most 'official' of locations, it was hers, and there was a level of comfort to being in this room. The chair Emi gestured to was much the same. Older, inherited from her parent's place when they got a newer chair to replace it. Not the softest of fabrics, but a perfectly fine chair at the least. It was many shades of greys, all in little lines as if inscribed into the fabric, with some lines raising up.

"I would need to hear your terms before agreeing to any, but I will certainly hear them out."

Like a bolt of lightning, a thought struck her brain. She... was not sure she had anything to wear to a fancy ball/gala thing.

"Please, continue, I... just have to look through my closets."

It was with this that she got up and started rummaging through her closets. Yes, plural. They were each relatively small and... Well, entirely disorganized. Shorts and some shirts lived in drawers, but the closets had things like pants and other, more better-er shirts. There was not a "shirt" closet, nor a "pant" closet. Truthfully, there was only a "the closest closet to where she was folding any given day" closet.

A large number of jeans, and sweats. Leggings, jeggings, treggings, she had them all as well, though fewer of them, and she did not wear them often.

She also did not thing they would be good for a high tier gala.

Even the dresses and skirts she had, ignoring the obvious signs of lack of wear, were not quite what she would want for a grand gala.

Nothing quite fit the role she needed. So, even while talking with Mizuki, if there came a point where the conversation went to matters that could be discussed publicly, she would suggest they go to the store. Or at least look around the shops so she could maybe find something.
Mizuki Ohta
Mizuki Ohta
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:30 pm
The girl was like a whirlwind, ever moving or somehow twiddling with something. Just as she had plopped down on the couch and was offered a chair the girl seemed to be up and moving through the space as she pulled out and replaced multiple pieces of clothing. Having taken the offered chair and crossing her leg over the other Mizu leaned forward with her chin resting on her hands. In objective observation the two women could not have been more different in mannerisms, while Emi was expressive and near explosive in her mannerisms Mizu was even more a statue in contrast. Having moved so little it could be easy to forget she was still sitting there, she watched with intent as more and more clothes were dismissed in the woman’s search.

“My terms are simple, I require you to allow me to place a fuinjutsu seal on you temporarily, this seal does one thing, allows any of my jutsu or yours in turn become harmless when used against the other. The last summit I attended proved a loss due to my inability to use some of my abilities in earnest lest I injure the man I brought with me… it led to him being captured as a prisoner.” Finally moving to sit back fully she would cross her arms across her chest as her face followed the hurricane of searching. “It will be removed immediately when we arrive safely back in your land of course…”, her voice would trail off as she narrowed her eyes slightly - doing her best not to show irritation at having a conversation to someone's back she would say in a gentle enough tone.

“What is it you are searching for anyways? At this rate you will turn your home into a fire hazard.”

wc 299
Emi Tanaka
Citizen

Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:49 pm
There was a lot to consider in the words of Mizuki. Enough, in fact, that Emi would abandon her search through the wardrobes and closets and instead turn her attention to the woman, her back leant upon the wall.

"So, you have been to a summit in the past."

Emi had not been entirely sure about that, but it made sense. A previous kage herself, and friends with the prior kages of Tanbo...

Emi's arms were crossed, and her face was as blank as she could manage it to be.

"And it sounds like it got nasty."

She had been afraid of that. 'Getting nasty' was a scary prospect. Emi had...

Frankly she had minimal ways to protect herself. She would be there, and Mizu would as well, and if all went well, it would not matter, but...

But if it did not go well, Emi would be screwed.

She had no backups. No fail-safes. No 'get out of jail free' card, she was just... screwed.

That made Mizuki's offer, requirement, price, what have you, it made a lot of sense.

It did scare Emi. Was she certain she could trust Mizu? She had been... very trusting as to now. Maybe that was somewhat misguided, but...

No, she had to go through with this. This person had been trusted by her formers. She just... had to hope that still stood.

"I will consent to the placement of such a mark. But..."

Emi looked away. This was a hard question for her. How to word it? How to say it amicably? How to... how to...

She was afraid. This was potentially a lynch pin moment for her. One that could decide several things for herself in the new, and in the near future.

She took a deep breath.

Released it.

And looked back to Mizu.

"If the last summit got nasty, is there reason to believe this one might? Would you yourself be safe going to it? I-"

She faked a cough.

It was not a very convincing fake cough.

"I looked up a bit about summits. There really was not much to learn, not that I could find, but, the few tales I could find were not very inspiring. I hope they were exaggerated, or perhaps outright fabrications, but... I don't think they were."

It was at this point that Emi would notice the letter that had been pushed through the mail slot. She was not sure if that was new, or she had just missed it earlier, but noticing it was official, she walked over to read it...

{OOC: The following section occurs later after the discussion finishes and Emi informs Mizu of the mission, perhaps they keep talking through this time}

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Hanata, I believe you needed to go shopping?"

It was a simple task, walking the pair through various stores doing their holiday shopping. While the pair had been receiving death threats recently, Emi had a reasonable suspicion that there was no actual hit out on them. They seemed... trite in their personality, perhaps, but they were not particularly cruel. Annoying? Very much so. But the letter had also included some information about them and their past, and frankly? Nothing had really stood out.

So Emi walked with them, using this time to also look for herself. If there were any incidents, they missed Emi's notice, and similarly were missed by the couple. Perhaps, if anything had happened, it had occurred as Emi examined a certain suit. One which, on a level she really did not expect, spoke to her. She had been tearing her house apart looking for clothing for the ball, knowing full well she had nothing good at home, not good enough for that sort of event, at least.

But, a well tailored suit? That? That could work.

She would be returning later for that.

She carried the majority of the pair's goods home.

WC 629
TWC 1259
Mizuki Ohta
Mizuki Ohta
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Missing-Nin (S-rank)
Survived 2021

Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:17 pm
Finally being faced again the irritation would melt from her shoulders and she would relax back into her chair with the slightest adjustment of her posture. Her eyes hungrily watching the face of the leader of Tanbogakure, reading her posture, facial expression and tone as if she was drinking the information in. Blank faced and cool toned it was an admirable start to the true conversation, she found herself impressed. The warring happening in the womans’ mind was hidden from view but the sound of her heart was not, and the small spikes led her to believe the news of the summit was bringing worry and trepidation.

As she consented to the placement of the seal Mizu would raise a single eyebrow, but the break in her speech led the green eyes to turn away - stalling for a moment in speech. Pausing for a breath she let it out and finished her interrupted thought - would there be a reason this summit would go amiss and more intriguing, would Mizu be safe to attend. Tilting her head slowly she would watch the apprehensive face with smooth indifference, “There is no possible way for me to know whether this summit will go amiss, there is bound to be new blood among old faces and that could lead to a variety of outcomes.” Head still tilted she would give a smile that didn’t quiet reach her eyes the way they should, instead her gaze seemed to grow dark. “That bit however is more than certain, I would never be safe walking into another summit, my name and face are known but, who said I would be attending as myself? Don’t worry about me, if things go sideways-”, her entire body language would shift to complete ease as she shrugged and straightened back up, “-I will make sure we both leave, alive, perhaps not unscathed but alive all the same.”

Emi would become distracted by some mail they had passed over in the threshold and the conversation would seem to shift to yet another errand she would need to attend to. With the discussion seemingly settled she would dismiss herself and await the call to attend the Kage on their travels, letting her know where to find her in the inn by the bar they visited earlier. When she was separated from the kage she would find herself walking along the streets in the less occupied part of town, the rice fields in the distance lending a gentle swishing to the air as she moved. Now that she had an idea of what the coming weeks would bring her she had a few things to settle herself. Walking into a summit as a kage was already a tense action, but entering one now with news of her departure from Suna having most likely been spread to a decent few who kept well informed she had to be careful.

It seemed fitting then as she wound through the seals to activate Bodily Desecration, her single eye filling with crimson and her hands blackening[+90 vigor +90 speed]. It seemed almost ironic even as her hands wound through seals, one first for Fuinjutsu Amplifier [+30 points to next fuinjutsu] and then for Noppera Bo - once the amplifier was finished she placed one hand finished weaving Noppera to her throat and felt the familiar sear as the seal was placed on her skin at its most potent [250]. To be back in the very place she had once used this seal to torture herself after the guilt of the last summit to be using it once more to walk into the next summit without an ounce of guilt she once held onto to.

She had not yet stopped walking as she performed the seals and placement, and now that it was finished she couldn’t help but laugh quietly to herself. Oh, how the last few months had altered the path of her life, had she chosen not to venture to the temple of Jashin would she yet be warring with Ohta over this very act? Of course she would, but that sense of consciousness was gone. Closing her eyes she could hear the distant small game scurrying around the wilderness she had walked toward on the outskirts of the village, and something larger moving slowly away from where she had finally come to a stop. The thought of going after the easy prey crossed her mind but it would be a waste of her ability, letting out a breath instead she released Bodily Desecration - feeling the surge of blood lust leave her as quickly as it had overcome her. The violet tinge to her eye only on the rim of her eye now and her hands returning to their pearl like white. No, that prey was far too easy, and a waste of valuable time as she felt the time of their departure couldn’t be long now. Instead she would turn from the edge of the wood and beat the path back to the inn she had mentioned to Emi.

Once inside her rented room she would pull the parchment to her and pen a letter to Arantima that would be delivered to him by Pakuun - as he would be the only way to get through the veil of protection around Yugure.

“Arantima,

Thank you once again for the swift delivery to Tanbogakure, it seems it couldn’t have been better timed. I have been invited to a summit by the leader Emi Tanaka to attend as her bodyguard - she will be wearing our seal for the short time we are together on this journey so don’t be alarmed if another chakra signature is suddenly on your radar. The summit will take place in a village located in the Volcano country, it has been many years since this place was even mentioned and it leads me to believe it is new…I’m not sure who all will be there but know I will do my best to enter and exit with no harm to myself, Yugure, or our new ally Emi. Though I do caution you, if things look dire enough, you may be summoned, so be ready if you can.

Please take care of yourself and our home, don’t do anything hasty either and do go easy on them, I’ve seen your spars.

Mizuki.”

After finishing penning the letter she would roll it up, summon Pakuun to her to tie it to his leg, and send him on his way to Arantima. Tapping her foot on the floor restlessly she would lazily look around the rented room with apparent boredom, the only thought in her mind being whether or not they had any blood related delicacies down in the pub.

Exit twc 1830
Jutsu Used:
AP 2000
Bodily Desecration 50 AP Boosting Vigor and Speed 90
Fuinjutsu Amplifier 30 AP Boosting next fuin by 30
Noppera-bo 100 AP Being placed at full power of 250
Ending AP 1830

WC usage - 1830/2000 to learn Emi Tanaka's Chakra Signature
Fu
Fu
Jounin
Jounin
Stat Page : Fu's Fat Stats
Familiar : Archie the Bear
Remove Remove Remove Bukijutsu Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 176650

Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:56 pm
Approved
Emi Tanaka
Citizen

Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:38 pm
'That bit however is more than certain, I would never be safe walking into another summit'

That was... concerning. Emi  was unsure how she was supposed to take that in any way other than outright, incredibly concerning.

Everything about this was concerning. This fully resolved her about one detail: she needed to have more than just trust. She needed to be stronger, to know more.

And, most importantly, have a fucking plan in case things went sideways.

Mizuki promised to protect her, if things went sideways.

But that was not enough.

This is not to say that Mizu's offer was unwanted, or even insufficient.

No, she needed a way to protect herself.

Something that, no matter what, she always had.

Well, that was presumptuous. There is always some way to counter most anything. But that was really not her point.

She needed something that she could do, even if the worst was to happen. She needed an escape.

That is when it hit her.

She knew that 'teleporting' was a thing. What if... what if she could teleport? It would not be easy. It would be a significant amount of training, and working up to that point. But that... seemed like her best bet.

She doubted she would be some savant at it. Maybe she wouldn't even even be particularly good. But the plan was not to be amazing, or a savant.

The plan was to be good enough that, push came to shove, she could get herself out of harms way, and not just rely on Mizu.

Not just rely on someone else.

She would be able to rely on herself, on her own power.

And that was likely something that could not be taken away from her.

So, with a new, or perhaps strengthened and idealized, resolve, she had her plan.

'who said I would be attending as myself? Don’t worry about me, if things go sideways-'

That. That was fucky. Mysterious, yes. But not attending as herself? Emi wanted to ask, wanted to learn more. She hoped that the woman would expand upon that rather strange statement without prompting.

'-I will make sure we both leave, alive, perhaps not unscathed but alive all the same.'

That was the extent of it. Emi's mind reeled, looking for a solution, a question, so many things, and...

And it only settled down when the envelope caught her attention and she was, essentially, distracted.

But she had nodded affirmatively a few times, understanding what Mizu was saying, and...

Well, that seemed to be the end of it. Mizu saw herself out, Emi thanked the woman, and then she dealt with the thing that bad distracted her: the letter and call for assistance.

The couple had been easy enough to take around shopping. There were no secret attacks, not even any Emi had missed that had been 'otherwise dealt with'. Mizu had gone on her way, leaving a rather cryptic message behind.

After Emi had given them the shopping trip they desired, one composed of peace and comfort, she made her way back to some of the stores.

She had more or less decided on the idea of going with a suit. Dresses and skirts just... were not her thing. It was not that she hated them but...

Ok, maybe she somewhat hated them. They were not her style. Hell, half the time she was wearing a tank top and cargo pants, or a hoodie. She was about as 'unladylike' as one could imagine.

So, a suit felt... right.

It did, however, take her awhile to find a store that would sell a tailored suit 'to a woman'.

Some things would take longer to change in this village.

Though she did acknowledge that a few of them said their stance was because they simply did not have any that would be able to be altered to fit properly. She was asking for something very specific, after all. Half of those had gone on to recommend dress shirts and pants, stating the main difficulty was in properly fitting a jacket.

The more this went on, however, the more she thought about it. The more she thought, the more she remembered: Apparently taking Mizuki, even in the role of a bodyguard, was inherently dangerous.

Yes, there was apparently going to be a disguise involved. Or something. Maybe she was a puppet savant, although that truly did not vibe with the description Emi was finding. Though it certainly was not impossible.

What really struck Emi, though, was a single thought: she could make this about her. Her as in Emi, not as in Mizu.

Mizu was there, yes. Hopefully never discovered for herself but...

But Emi was the centerpiece.

And, she figured, she could play into that.

It was a few more stores before she found a place willing to sell her a suit.

"I also want a plain black set, also tailored. And do you have any fashion tape I could purchase?"

Emi would make sure that, no matter what, she was recognized at this ball.

She would be surrounded by the giants of the Shinobi world.

But she would be damned if she did not try to forge her own path.

[Exit thread]

WC 868
TWC 2127

C Rank mission https://www.narutoroleplaygame.com/t47274-shopping-spree-supervisor complete
4000 ryo
20 AP
15,000 ryo from rank rewards

I will make a claim for the wordcount when I figure out what to get, but all claims besides spending 2127 wordcount are made

Mizuki Ohta likes this post

Ayato Hyuuga
Ayato Hyuuga
Hogokage
Hogokage
Stat Page :

Mission Record :
Summoning Contract : Forest of Dreams Ravens

Living Clones : Natsuki
Toneri
Familiar : Maneki
Legendary Equipment : Raiment of Eternal Fortune
Stone of Gelel
Remove Taijutsu Remove Kanjutsu Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Earth Water Lightning Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Taijutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 435700

Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:27 pm
Approved
Emi Tanaka
Citizen

Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:02 pm
1200 words to get Block to A rank (previous words from https://www.narutoroleplaygame.com/t54474-a-broken-blade-for-hire#408441)

927 words towards Block S rank (927/2500)

42 AP trained
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum