Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Tea Appreciation WeekToday at 3:13 pmShiru IyasuKFC Meet & GreetToday at 1:30 pmHibiki SatoLate Night Customers!!Today at 11:44 amDaikiRandom E-Rank MissionToday at 11:24 amIchigo SatoKasumi YamanakaToday at 9:46 amIchigo SatoCan I have the pancakes, with a side of murder?Yesterday at 4:35 pmMarabelle BlossomTenka ChinokeYesterday at 2:30 pmMarabelle BlossomStorm Talon StyleYesterday at 11:11 amIchigo SatoThe Blade of Moon and The Aspiring Swordsman Yesterday at 10:36 amAzuki ShinodaDeath's WhisperYesterday at 10:32 amAzuki Shinoda
Top posting users this month
220 Posts - 41%
81 Posts - 15%
80 Posts - 15%
38 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 7%
30 Posts - 6%
20 Posts - 4%
15 Posts - 3%
12 Posts - 2%
10 Posts - 2%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Auron
Auron
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Stat Page : Stats
Remove Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Sensory
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 125900

What The Shark Doing? Empty What The Shark Doing?

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:24 pm
The Endless Summer:

Jaws:

Jaws: The Revenge:

As Auron would once again awaken in the strange confines of the hostel, the sounds of his snoring roommates had done nothing but burdened him. For once, the Yamaguchi had retired early for the night. He came to his room after performing some missions had gotten to bed by 10 PM. But ironically enough, this would be the night where his roommates came back as rambunctious as ever. They had practically kicked the door down, spilling liquor on the floor and clamoring about. The trio stumbled into walls, laughed loud, and were nothing short of obnoxious. This party lifestyle was something Auron had been unaccustomed to, and frankly found a waste of time. As he struggled to remain asleep throughout the night, eventually their noise would diminish and come to a screeching halt. Each of them passed out on their beds and Auron finally thought he'd be able to rest. Until that damned snoring began. They were loud enough to shake the room, almost as if a quake had hit the beach. And at some point the Yamaguchi could swear that his bed had been shaking from their violent and heavy breathing. It took him to wrap his pillow around his head to cover his ears and deafen the noise just for him to fall asleep. But as the night persisted, they got louder. And so around 7 AM, Auron had enough. He gathered his gear and departed from the hostel. 

Instead of going straight to the beach, he would carry himself to the nearby thrift market that had been occurring on the opposite side of the boardwalk. Everyday he had passed it by but today would be the one he'd venture inside. And luckily for him, they opened early. As he paraded about it, searching through their wears he hadn't really found anything too fruitful. Not until he landed upon a stunning black and white kimono, which had been marked down several times according to the stickers upon it. Thankfully he had just enough ryo to cover it, and it seemed to fit his size perfectly. It would be the optimal upgrade from his worn and torn attire that he originally acquiring during his time as a shinobi of Konoha, and wore throughout his travels to Earth Country and back to Fire Country. He'd grab ahold of them, and head over towards the merchant at this particular booth. The two would begin the exchange as normal, until the woman manning the register would look firmly upon Auron. "Are you a shinobi?" She'd ask, quite abruptly.

Puzzled, Auron would nod in response. He didn't see the need in going into great depth on his current status, and if she'd pry further he'd simple drop the subject and leave. "Good, there is trouble on the beach today. Since late last night. I've heard of all of the beach goers suddenly falling into panicked states, where they've fallen to the ground and curled up in the fetal position! I don't know what's the cause but it needs to be stopped. From the rumors I've heard...it's the work of some sort of shark man!"

"A shark man?" Auron asked aloud in disbelief. What exactly did this mean? "Okay well, what do you want me to do about it?"

"Boy! It's bad for business. I'll tell you what. I'll give you that kimono for free. Just at least go and investigate it, okay?"

Hearing the kimono was now free, so long as he investigated the area, Auron wouldn't need to hear anything else. He'd tuck his money back into his wallet and nod reassuringly at the woman. "Free sounds good to me. I'll check it out now. But uh, do you have somewhere I could change?" 

Without a word the woman would point towards what appeared to be a port-a-potty across from her store front. Auron would glance at it, look back at the woman and offer her a bow of appreciation. With haste he'd go on towards the port-a-potty, and undress from his former attire. He'd keep on his undergarments and armor he wore underneath his old kimono, and finally endow himself in the beautiful black and white robe set he had just obtained. It fit him perfectly and paired with his face mask and straw hat he felt look a respectable looking shinobi. Exiting the port a potty, he'd toss his old clothing into a nearby trashcan and set off from the thrift market. It was time for him to start his investigation, and what better place than to begin than the boardwalk? Upon arrival, he'd come across another young man who already seemed to be on the case. At first glance it seemed as if he was eerily analyzing the beach itself, attempting to detect any threats that had been going on. But it was quite possible he was simply marveling at the sheer number of people who had been lying on the sand, curled into balls just as the woman had described. This genjutsu must have been powerful.

Approaching the person, Auron would call out once several meetings away. "Hey, you're not responsible for all these people falling into a genjutsu...right?" As awkward as the question was, he figured it was at least worth a shot. Even if it wasn't the best way to approach a threat like the infamous shark man.

WC = 892
Gonk
Gonk
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Sharky Boi
Remove Taijutsu Bukijutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 151400

What The Shark Doing? Empty Re: What The Shark Doing?

Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:47 pm
Gonk needed a vacation. Endless days of being out in the field, completing missions, fighting for his life, he could handle that. But day after day of paperwork? Hell no. He could see why the turnover rate for the position was so high. He had been cooped up in his office learning endless procedures and reviewing and signing endless important papers that he just had to get out for a bit.

So one day Gonk decided it was time for a summer getaway. He left Chizuru in charge of the village and donned his ANBU gear, before making his way down to the docks and to his boat. He didn’t know exactly where he was going, but Gonk was confident in his ability to make it back to the village. Hopefully he could find a nice secluded island or something where he could relax on the beach. Or maybe the opposite, and he could hone his combat in some deadly fighting arena. Maybe that wasn’t the attitude a kage should have, but Gonk couldn’t help it. He craved blood. Afterall he was a half shark killing machine. He hadn’t even been able to even fight anyone competent in a while. He could already feel how rusty he had become. 

As Gonk continued to sail, he noticed a storm brewing on the horizon. A frown crossed the now unmasked face of the shark boy, but he continued to sail onwards. He had restored the boat well and he was confident in his sailing abilities. Worst came to worst, it wasn’t like he could drown.

Soon Gonk could feel the stormy winds lashing against him and his boat, and he had to work harder to keep the boat on course. Not that there was exactly a set course, but he didn’t want to end up crossing the eastern ocean or something. For all he knew the world fell off there. Then the rain began, at first just a drizzle, but soon it completely obscured Gonk’s vision. 

“Maybe I should’ve turned a different direction,” Gonk thought as he peered around, trying to see anything beyond the boat.

The waves started rocking the ship even harder, and it became even more difficult for Gonk to control the boat. Suddenly a gust of wind from an unexpected direction sent the repurposed pirate ship skidding of course, and into a giant wave, which crashed into the tilted boat. Gonk held onto the wheel desperately, not necessarily worried for his life, but he would rather not be stranded without his boat. The waves kept slamming into the wooden vessel, seemingly coming from every direction. Gonk wondered if there would ever be an end to it.

After what seemed like hours the rain and wind started to lessen, and Gonk could begin to see light. He stood upright and he was greeted with a sight he hadn’t expected. A beautiful, bustling beach unfolded across his eyes, full of people enjoying the surf and sun. He was beginning to get excited, until he looked around his boat and noticed something. It was in terrible shape. The wind had torn up the sails and many of the planks were damaged from the intense waves. Some of the damage seemed like it would need to be fixed professionally, so Gonk began praying that there was a ship builder on this mysterious beach. 

Gonk saw a dock, so he began limping his boat over until he was eventually able to tie it up and step onto solid ground. He noticed a woman sitting in a booth, watching him, so he walked over to her. 

“Excuse me, would you happen to know a ship builder around here?” Gonk asked politely. 

“That would be me,” the woman said with a slight nod. “By any chance would you be a shinobi?” 

The question caught Gonk off guard. Sure he was wearing his ANBU outfit, now with the mask back on, but why was the question needed? “Yeah, I’m an ANBU agent of Kirigakure,” Gonk, or rather Mako, answered slightly cautiously. “Is there a problem?”

“Mhm, you could say that,” the woman replied. “You see those people on the beach, notice how they aren’t moving?” Gonk looked over and it suddenly hit him that nobody was in the water. They were all curled up on the beach, apparently sleeping. “If you can figure out what the hell is going on I’ll repair your boat for free.”

Gonk glanced from the beach, to the woman, to the boat, before nodding. “Deal, I’ll go check it out.” Gonk said before walking down onto the boardwalk, trying to gather more information about the situation. After a few minutes, Gonk heard a voice behind him, asking if he was responsible for the situation. The ANBU agent turned to find a dark skinned man in a kimono.

“No I’m not, but how do I know that you aren’t?” Gonk asked skeptically, not making any moves yet, but ready to spring to action at a moment's notice. It should be very apparent to the mysterious man that Gonk was an ANBU agent of Kirigakure, what with the shark mask, and symbols and whatnot. However Gonk couldn’t see any signs of identification on the man, so Gonk would proceed with caution until he could determine more about him.

[WC=885]

Auron likes this post

Auron
Auron
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)

Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:46 am
Upon the man turning around, Auron would get a good look at his attire. From what he could tell thus far was that this man was heavily equipped in armor and branding that revealed his affiliation. He was a village shinobi, likely a high ranking one at that. And his voice seemed to command a level of authority with it as well. He seemed to deny Auron's accusations of being responsible for the events that happened, yet would subsequently shift the suspicion right back towards the Yamaguchi. Interestingly enough Auron could kind of understand what this man had been implying, considering the boy looked nothing more than a shady foreigner with an oversized hat and mask. He shrugged somewhat, looking to remove some of the unnecessary tension that may be present between the two. Following this he would answer. "Well I was told about some type of perilous situation regarding genjutsu, the beach, and a shark man. And from the looks of it..." Auron would say while slightly peering at the man before him. "You kind of seem sharky. I thought it was a long shot, but I wasn't sure how else to approach you. Me, I'm just Auron from the Land of Fire. Now that I've talked with you a bit, I'm assuming you're actually investigating the situation as well."   

As Auron would talk to the man, he'd occasionally glance at the background. He was truly astounded by the sheer number of afflicted people there were. And he was slightly hopeful that as he was peaking at the shore, he'd see an obvious figure who'd be actively casting genjutsu upon beachgoers. This was not the case however, and the person seemed to be far more discrete. "Look man, I understand if you can't trust me. But I'm telling you the truth. I went to the thrift market on the boardwalk, found this kimono, and the lady working the market had offered me it for free if I resolved the beach genjutsu problem. I'd propose we work together, if you also look to put an end to these illusions?"

Upon getting feedback from the man on their situation, Auron would look to initiate the mission; whether he had the backing of the stranger or not. But if he should, then he would offer some insight on his time at Mikadzuki Beach. "Well since I've been here, almost everything could be traced to the pier. There had been a number of large events and gatherings that seemed to begin at the pier. I'm not an expert tracker or anything, but I would be willing to bet that the pier was the start of it all. We could start there?" Auron's instinct would tell him the pier for a number of reasons. It was farfetched, but he wondered if the filming of the movie and the fireworks seemed to be related to the genjutsu at all. Both seemed to be events that were highly compelling and entertaining that undoubtedly garnered plenty of foot traffic. And so if they agreed on starting at the pier, then Auron would begin to lead the way. As they already stood on the boardwalk, the pathway to the pier was straightforward. In fact, the two would be able to see the start of the pier's wooden walkway from where they had stood. So within minutes, the two would be descending down its path. As they would Auron would look down it as if it were a long, creepy hallway in a house. It had been foggy, and ominous. Unlike anything Auron remembered. And its fog was so thick that the end of the long pier was shrouded by it. "This seems...unnatural. I didn't see fog anywhere else on this beach, not today or any other day since I've been here. I feel like we should approach this stealthily. I can augment our appearances to camouflage, but I don't know how much that would help since I don't have a way to suppress my chakra or mute my sounds. Do you have any ideas on how we should proceed further?" 

Should the man agree that they should camouflage themselves, Auron would nod and perform the necessary hand seals to initiate the technique. Following this, his body would begin to blend in with the background. He'd extend his hand out towards the stranger's shoulder, and upon making contact with him then he too would become invisible. Nevertheless this was all contingent on if he agreed to Auron's plan. Should he disagree, then Auron would look to him seeking guidance on the path forward. Auron had only just begun to become a disciple of sensory, and so he didn't have many options in his wheelhouse. Nevertheless though, some plans may not even require utilizing jutsu. Stealth could be achieved in a number of ways. And who knows, maybe this man even had a way to dispel the fog? In any case, Auron would wait eagerly for his feedback.

WC = 824. TWC = 1716
Gonk
Gonk
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:29 pm
It would seem the mystery man was named Auron and had been tasked with the same job as Gonk. He couldn’t exactly blame the older boy for suspecting him, as Gonk was one of the only people still awake, and indeed did look “sharky.” 

“Yeah if we work together we’ll have a better chance of ending this quickly.” Gonk said, nodding. “You can call me Mako, I’m a shinobi of Kirigakure. Although I have to admit, tracking isn’t exactly my specialty, I’m more of a fighter.” 

Gonk glanced away from Auron for a moment to survey the area again. Not a soul was moving on the sand, but there were still a few onlookers on the boardwalk where they were. Nobody jumped out as super suspicious to Gonk, and they certainly couldn’t investigate each and every one of them. Plus, the chances that the culprit would be out in plain sight seemed pretty low to him. Gonk turned back to Auron and began listening once he heard him beginning to speak again. 

“Oh, have you been here long? Maybe you can tell me more about this place. I just washed up after a pretty bad storm. But if you think the suspect could be at the pier I don’t see any reason not to check it out.”

Gonk followed Auron down the boardwalk and towards the pier, and after a short few minutes, they stood at the start of the pier’s wooden planks. Gonk tried to peer down it to see what was at the end, but a seemingly supernatural fog blanketed the area. Gonk was about to turn to Auronn to question him about this fog, but he got his answer before he even asked.

Suddenly something occurred to Gonk. “Genjutsu needs something to trigger it right? Could this fog be how the caster put everyone in that state?” This made Gonok cautious, as he was very aware of his weakness to genjutsu, however he didn’t exactly have a way to disperse the mist. “Damn, I should’ve worn my normal armor,” Gonk thought, longing for the infrared implanted in the helmet of his Sharkborn Armor.

“Well my armor suppresses my chakra and if you haven’t noticed, my movements make no sounds, but I don’t have a way to transfer any of that to you. But if this mist is real, I can dissipate it.” 

If Auron agreed and still decided to camouflage him, Gonk would clear his throat, then use his ventriloquism technique to project a deafening scream straight into the middle of the fog. When it activated, the powerful shout would rip through the mist, pushing it all aside if it was real. If it was a genjutsu itself, his final intent would have no effect on it. If there had been anyone on the pier, they almost certainly would have been pushed off into the water. The only way for them to resist would be if they were as physically strong as Gonk himself. The shark lad smiled at the thought as he began stepping forwards, itching for a fight. However, if they were able to cast such a powerful genjutsu they were probably a tiny little guy who read books all day and never worked out. Gonk didn’t understand why anyone would choose to be like that, but to each his own he supposed.

With the mist gone, Gonk could clearly see a figure at the end of the pier, dripping wet and pulling himself out of the water. Gonk continued his advance towards the person, who was now fully standing on the pier. They were a young, shirtless man with a considerable amount of muscles and a shark tooth necklace. The ANBU agent really hoped that he hadn’t just nuked some random citizen, but the fact that he seemed relatively unharmed clued Gonk in that this man wasn’t ordinary. There was still a bit of mist blurring his vision so it took a considerable amount of time for Gonk to notice one key detail: the man was a Hoshigaki! The telltale blue skin and sharp teeth had been obscured by the man’s fog, but now there was no mistaking it. 

“Who the hell is this,” Gonk wondered as he continued his advance, “and more importantly, what on earth is he trying to do.”

“Come on out already!” The man shouted in a rich baritone. “I know you’re there. If you think you can stop me you’re foolishly mistaken, so let's just end this quickly.”

“A challenge eh?” Gonk thought with a wolfish grin. “Just what I’ve been looking for.” 

Gonk stepped forwards and brushed Aurons hand off him, revealing himself to his fellow clansmen. Hopefully Auron would stay undercover and be able to provide assistance if absolutely necessary, although Gonk itched to fight this man himself. With any luck, the villain would assume Gonk was the only one, and not bother searching for his companion. 

“Tell me,” Gonk said, cracking his neck as he confidently strode forwards, “what’s the point of all of this?”

“It’s a feast,” the man said, a smirk crossing his face. 

“What, are you bulking or something?” Gonk said, the same smirk on his own face.

“Oh you’re a funny one,” the man said dryly, not moving an inch. “But it’s not for me. Anyways we’ve spoken enough. I can’t wait to see what kind of delicacy is wrapped up in that armor."

Gonk grinned and cracked his knuckles, waiting for the big talker to make his first move.

[WC=918]
[TWC=1803]

Auron likes this post

Auron
Auron
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)

Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:27 pm
As the pair walked towards the pier, Auron would fill Mako in about what he had learned thus far at the beach.

"Well I gathered this location is Mikadzuki Beach, a place that has some type of other wordly aspects to it. The only reason I say that is because I arrived here not of my own free will. And though I first thought this all to be a dream, it seems like it's reality. But honestly, I couldn't even tell you where this place is on a map. The people here don't seem to think or care too much, as all I've seen them do is party and celebrate. Almost like it's a place where they can stay young forever. Carefree, if you will. I can't imagine why someone would want to cast a genjutsu on them though, no matter how vulnerable they are."

Shortly after Auron's description of what he knew of the beach thus far, the pair would arrive at the start of the pier. It was then when Auron and Mako would begin to devise their plan of attack. Seeing as Mako somewhat agreed with the first plan, of shrouding themselves, Auron would carry out his aforementioned actions. Resultantly both men would become camouflaged and their entire existence would be invisible. Thankfully Mako's armor, as he pointed out, suppressed his own sounds. Therefore he would be the perfect shinobi to sneak up on the man. And with a ferocious scream, the fog in all of its thickness would be dissipated. And shortly after the boisterous man would call out demanding the perpetrator step forward. And Gonk would, instantly dispelling the shroud that Auron had casted upon him. Nevertheless, Auron himself was still invisible. He'd mutter a soft, "Give me a sign when you're ready" to Mako just before Mako himself would respond to the shark man. And so as the two shark men initialized and prepared for battle, Auron would use the opportunity to gain a vantage point. He'd step softly, and limit his breathing to long and calm sequences. By doing this he attempted to naturally quiet his presence. Thankfully for the abrupt actions of Mako, any form of chakra detection from this man was likely focused on his mirror match up opponent. Therefore Auron could maneuver around somewhat undetected. Still though, he was interested to see how this match panned out. Therefore as he was able to successfully circle around the man by sneak by on the edge of the pier, he would take up his position 5 meters from the rear of the shark man. He'd even go as far as to perch himself atop of the small dressing room that had been left behind by the movie's film crew. From here he could see the battlefield perfectly, and would wait for a perfect moment to strike. 

From this perspective it was a wonder that both men seemed to resemble a shark. They maintained similar physiques, and both of their chakra signatures were ridiculously potent. Almost as if they radiated the suiton element from them themselves. The opponent, seemed older though. He had been a bit taller, maintaining long hair and some well developed facial hair. Upon his back was a massive scythe, which one certainly had to be quite strong to carry such a tool. At first glance Auron speculated that the man utilized bukijutsu and taijutsu techniques. Knowing that he was the source of the illusions, he had to be a genjutsu specialist too. He seemed quite multi-talented and was probably out of Auron's league, who could only use bukijutsu, space time, and sensory techniques at a high level. Auron was scrappy and crafty though, and above all else precise. Therefore he couldn't be counted out of the fight. Still though the opponent's immediate threat was Mako, who seemed to be much more refined that Auron himself. His armor was a testament to this, as Auron could tell even at a distance that it was quite durable. And if these two men did indeed share a clan or ancestry, perhaps Mako would have a better idea on their opponent's fighting style. All signs seemed to point to having Mako take the lead, and Auron offer him support. Therefore from his hidden location, Auron would simply wait for a visual clue of some sorts from his newfound comrade. And when he'd receive it, he'd act. But in preparation of it, he'd form a series of handseals and restrict himself from expelling any chakra when completed. He'd additionally maintain the last seal, preventing himself from unleashing the technique until he got the order from Mako.

WC = 772. TWC = 2488
Gonk
Gonk
Citizen
Survived 2021

Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:11 pm
As the two men faced off, Gonk examined his adversary more closely, noticing his older age and the deadly scythe strapped to his back, as well as the cutlass at his hip. He also had an eyepatch covering one eye, a milky scar poking out from the top and bottom, marring his scales. Gonk hoped he would know some of the moves the man tried to pull, but he couldn’t rely on that if he wanted to win. Due to the ANBU armor covering his entire armor, Gonk doubted that the other Hoshigaki had caught on to Gonk’s clan yet, but as soon as the battle began, Gonk imagined it would come pretty apparent. To keep his advantage, Gonk would have to end this swiftly.

Gonk saw the other Hoshigaki draw the massive scythe from his back, so Gonk did the same with his own three meter blade Kiribachi. The two began to circle each other, neither making a move to start the fight. Gonk was beginning to grow impatient, and he wanted to keep the man in a position Auron would expect, so as soon as they had made a full Gonk lept forwards, using a special Hoshigaki technique to swing his giant blade with extreme speed and power, using his incredible strength. Gonk was hoping to land at least one of these frenzy of ten blows, but each time his blade was met with the scythe of his adversary, who seemed to be performing the same technique.

After ten blows the two began to break away from each other, however Gonk was prepared for this, and the moment their blades hit disconnected, he switched to a one handed grip and started rapidly firing off punches. These blows blended together into a cone, headed straight for the other Hoshigaki. Unfortunately, he wasn’t foolish enough to be caught by such a simple maneuver, and blocked each strike by holding up his arm in a block. Clever, but it left him with one less defensive technique, and Gonk intended on taking full advantage of this fact. Gonk shot his arm forwards, intending on subduing the shark man before he could try anything else. At the same time, he began whistling several tones, ready to amplify this finishing blow. But as Gonk moved forwards, he failed to notice the scythe moving towards him until it was almost too late. At the last second Gonk started to move his head away, but the blade still cut through his hood, and nicked his neck. Gonk felt his warm blood start to ooze out of the scrape, but he ignored it and grabbed his foe’s neck. 

“It’ll take more than just a scratch,” Gonk said with a grin, before squeezing his hand, intending on causing some lethal damage. However Gonk found himself unable to cause any damage. “What the hell?” Was all Gonk had time to wonder before he found himself being kicked back, forcing him to drop the man. Gonk quickly sprung back to his feet, in time to see the Hoshigaki licking the younger boy’s blood off the scythe.

“Oh shit,” Gonk muttered as he watched the feral look come over the older Hoshigaki’s eyes. Gonk quickly reached into his pouch and pulled out a blood capsule. He usually didn’t resort to this technique in battle, but this was going to get ugly otherwise. Gonk ripped off his mask and popped the pill into his mouth, then cracked it open to allow the blood to wash across his taste buds. Gonk felt his consciousness fading, so he quickly yelled to Auron, “stay hidden, and take your shot when you have it. Please don’t let me kill you.”

Then Gonk was gone, and a different beast stood in his place. Generations of battle instinct took hold, and suddenly he lept towards the other shark, determined to prove who was the alpha male. The two punched, grappled, and slashed at each other, both sustaining heavy damage, however the older shark’s scales still seemed harder. Out of nowhere, the younger hoshigaki saw the claws of his adversary flying towards his chest, aiming to puncture his heart. Out of prue primal instinct, Gonk flooded his elongated scales with chakra, hardening them just in time for the other man’s claws to skid off them.

With his opponent off balance, Gonk saw an opportunity, and he took it. He slammed his foot into the ground causing a giant tremor to expand across the pier. If he had still been fully in control he would have worried about hitting Auron, which had previously prevented him from using any large jutsu. But luckily unless Auron moved, he would be safe up on his perch, and the only person sent flying would be the shark man. Both Hoshigaki came out of their trance at the same time, and as Gonk quickly realized what had happened, he yelled to Auron, “Now!” With any luck, they could subdue the man while he was still in the air, and figure out what the hell was going on.

[WC=842]
[TWC=2645]
Auron
Auron
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)

Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:41 am
Now in position, Auron would eagerly watch the fight between the two men unfold. It seemed to be like a game of feeling each other out, where Mako and this mysterious man would exchange blows and attempts. It seemed to be like a relatively equal match, with both men possessing enormous amounts of strength alongside their tremendous accuracy with their weapons. Auron couldn't help but watch in awe, wondering if he could really keep up with either of the men on a one on one scale. But perhaps he could. From an observation standpoint, he could at least study their movements and felt as if the speed they moved at was something he could react to. But nevertheless the way that Mako was able to tank the scythe hitting his neck was remarkable. Yet simultaneously the man didn't seem to deal any real damage to the opposing shark. It was a match between two equals, or at least that's what it seemed like. Perhaps that was where Auron would grant the advantage to Mako. 

Then the battle's dynamic would somewhat shift, as Mako removed his mask and popped a pill of some sort. And immediately after, he'd roar for Auron to stay put and seize the first opportunity that presented itself. His last comment was somewhat strange, yet understandable. "Kill me? Like I'd give anyone the chance..." he thought to himself as his shifty eyes surveyed the battlefield. Then all in an instance, Mako would undergo some immense transformation which only accentuated his already present shark like features. And simultaneously, the other shark man would experience something similar. "Yeah! Let's turn it up a notch, but where is that little buddy of yours hmmm?" Sure enough it was only a matter of time before the opponent would realize that there was not only one threat, but two. And as he fought against Mako, he'd passively monitor the area in order to learn where Auron was. Thankfully Mako did an excellent job holding the opposition off, as suddenly he'd gain an advantage. With a powerful stomp, the entirety of the pier would experience a shockwave. Thankfully Auron's higher position would allow him to be immune, but the opposing shark would not. He'd be lunged up into the air, and simultaneously Mako would exclaim for Auron to take his action. Ironically enough, Auron had already set his plan in motion. Right as the man was launched up into the air, Auron would execute the first of his jutsu. It would summon a single portal: directly above the shark man. It would emit 5 undead corpses who would use the momentum from their summoning to lunge in a downward fashion, colliding with the shark and dealing immense blunt force to him. The shark man would be smacked down into the pier's surface, and shortly after the barrage of corpses would fall atop of him and instantly bind him. They'd physically restrain the man with their arms and hands, and sink their teeth and claws deep into his skin. This immense amount of damage to the man would interrupt his chakra control, forcing him to cancel the expenditure of chakra to maintain the genjutsu casted on the beachgoers. And though his binding had been confirmed, Auron would go on to form several more hand seals to create yet another portal directly underneath the man's position below the pier itself. It was ready and primed to expel a volley of negative energy beams, which would undoubtedly decimate the man should he give Auron a reason to trigger its firing sequence. 

Cancelling his camouflage technique, Auron's presence would be revealed as the man laid nearly paralyzed on the ground. "That's enough," Auron would call out from the safety of the perch. "One more move and you'll be obliterated by the portal that's positioned directly underneath you. Give me a reason and I'll wipe you off the face of this earth." Auron would command, his voice as cold and stern as ever. He'd take a moment to look at each of his sides, as he saw civilians rising to their feet and scratching their heads. Following this he'd offer a glance and nod of affirmation to Mako. "Thanks for giving me an opportunity to catch him, Mako. I think we beat him up enough to interrupt his genjutsu. You alright?"

Directly after Mako would confirm his status, the fallen man would interrupt the two. "It doesn't even matter if you stop me here. My army of sharks are already out on the prowl, and as soon as these beachgoers return to their mindless partying they'll be eaten alive! Couldn't you tell? Couldn't you smell them?" The shark man would continue and direct his final remarks towards Mako, whom at this point the shark man could tell was his clanmate. Auron, puzzled, would look upon Mako for his response to see how he might react. Following this, what appeared to be an armed fisherman of some sort would be running up to the pier. His loud and panicked footsteps could be heard growing louder as the man approached the three people who had just concluded their fight. 

"Hey! I can't believe it! I've been hunting him and his allies for a day or so, until he subdued me and my whole crew. You two managed to beat him?"

Auron from the end of the pier would call out in response. "For the moment at least. Mako, what do you want to do with him?" Auron would inquire will maintaining his chakra control to keep the undead restraining the man and the portal which was still aimed at his underbelly. Seeing as Mako was likely the superior in this case, it only made sense for him to decide how they should proceed from this point on. Auron also assumed this was the right path forward considering the fact that both men were of similar ancestry. Before Mako got the opportunity to respond though, the fisherman would insert his two cents. 

"Whatever you decide, make it fast. I need the two of you to come with me and hunt down the rest of his gang. They've been attacking civilians and surfers all morning, if we don't go after them many more people will die."

WC = 1044. TWC = 3532

Last edited by Auron Yamaguchi on Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gonk
Gonk
Citizen
Survived 2021

Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:00 pm
Their plan went on without a hitch. Auron was perhaps even more capable than Gonk had assumed, pulling out some sort of undead summoning that the shark boy had never witnessed before. He even had some sort of deadly laser portal already primed under their adversary. Quite impressive quick thinking and caution. Very admirable. 

“Yeah I’ll be fine,” Gonk said, only now fully processing the wounds that he had taken during the fight. However, it wasn’t like he could heal himself, so he would just have to tough it out for now. The young boy frowned when he heard his older clanmate’s next words. He hadn’t been paying close attention but now that he tried, he could sense the presence of a very, very large shark. Headed directly towards the beach.

“Shit, shit, shit,” Gonk muttered. “He’s right, there’s an absolutely massive shark headed towards the people on the beach. That was the feast he was talking about!”

“Now you’re getting it,” the older Hoshigaki said with a malicious grin. 

Suddenly a fisherman ran up to them, telling the shinobi they had to hurry and follow him so they could hunt down the rest of his “gang.” Gonk wasn’t sure if this meant the shark in the water or possibly other rouge shinobi, but either way, they were left with the question of what to do with their defeated opponent. Gonk appreciated that Auron let him make the final decision regarding his clanmate, however he was extremely conflicted. Realistically they couldn’t do much to detain him, as they didn’t have time to bring him to a jail, if there even was one on this beach. They only had a few minutes before the sharks started going to town on the waking vacationers. The man was powerful, so Gonk couldn’t rely on rope and some random person to watch him, or even a clone for that matter. If he got free, the shinobi would be too busy with the shark to do anything. Gonk also didn’t like his chances going against him again. Gonk knew what he had to do, but he had reluctance, partly stemming from selfish desires. He wanted to take him into detention in Kirigakure and find out where he was from, and if there were more Hoshigaki out there. But even more selfishly, he wanted to learn more from this man. He clearly had mastered parts of the Hoshigaki bloodline that Gonk had never even seen before. 

“I know what you’re thinking,” the shark man said with the same toothy grin still plastered across his face. “We share the same hunger for power, the same bloodlust, the same cold heart. Just do it!”

There was no way around it. But before he did the deed, Gonk knelt down in front of the man.  “I’ll take this as a reminder to not give in to those traits like you,” Gonk said as he ripped the shark tooth necklace off of the man. 

“Yeah, you do that kid,” he said with a short laugh. 

“One last thing, tell me your name,” Gonk said as he took the cutlass from the man’s belt and stood up.

“It’s Kuroobi Hoshigaki. Make sure they know the name of who did them in.”

Gonk simply nodded, before he brought the sword down through Kuroobi’s neck in one powerful strike. Gonk watched the blood pool underneath the decapitated head, any chance of learning his power dripping through the planks with it. With a straight face, Gonk wiped the blood on the cutlass onto his pants, then sheathed it at his own hip. 

“Alright, let’s go.” Gonk said, turning back to the group. The fisherman stood there in stunned silence, still processing the execution, but after a moment he turned and started walking towards a small fishing boat that was docked nearby. 

“Come on, we don’t have much time!” He said, untying the boat and stepping aboard. Gonk glanced over at Auron, then jogged after him, hopping onto the boat, which was already starting to pull away. Onboard, Gonk could see several other men, all polishing harpoons, hooks, and a multitude of other heavy duty fishing gear. Clearly these men were shark hunters, a thought that disgusted the Hoshigaki. Before anybody noticed him, Gonk quietly replaced his mask, fully returning to his ANBU persona. His mask still had a shark pattern, but at least it wasn’t quite so blatant as his actual face. As the boat pulled out into the ocean, the captain approached the two shinobi.

“The shark was last spotted out there,” he informed them, pointing out into the open ocean. “But it could be anywhere right now. Our best bet is to place some bait and hope to draw it to us.”

Gonk didn’t like this idea, but the more he thought about it, the more he realized this was the only option. The shark was very much closer by now and Gonk knew it would have its mind set on the beach goers, who were now starting to return to the water. It was very unlikely that they would be able to even be able to attack it without using a measure like that. Still, Gonk didn’t even like the idea of attacking a shark. It clearly wasn’t a summon as Gonk could still smell it approaching, so maybe he could convince it peacefully to stop. Even to Gonk though, this seemed like a stretch and extremely risky, especially with so many lives on the line. So for now, he simply nodded at the captain. 

“Place it down right there,” Gonk said, pointing at a spot directly in the shark’s path. Hopefully that would ensure that she would stop for a bite. The captain nodded and started relaying the orders to his crew, who quickly began loading a cage with tons of bloody meat. Behind his mask, Gonk started salivating instinctively. He almost never ate raw meat like that, but seeing it made him want to start ripping out giant chunks with his teeth. Gonk closed his eyes and took a deep breath to regain his composure, before watching the bait be placed in the water. Now all they could do was wait and hope the shark decided that the cage was the bait, not them.

[WC=1045]
[TWC=3690]
Auron
Auron
Missing-Nin (B-rank)
Missing-Nin (B-rank)

Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:34 pm
Auron felt reassured when Mako admitted he was alright, though his wound looked kind of nasty. Surely though someone of Mako's caliber would be able to endure it, but it was a shame neither shinobi had the capability to heal it. The Yamaguchi just hoped that Mako wouldn't go passing out on him from a loss of blood. But nevertheless it was a shame to have Mako make the decision regarding the shark man, but it was a necessary one. As the clock was ticking they only had minutes to spare before the plan set in place by the shark man was complete. The shark in the ocean had been approaching the shore at an aggressively accelerated pace and it was a matter of time before it started wrecking havoc on the Mikadzuki inhabitants. Auron would stand idly by though as Mako made his decision and had his last moments with the combatant. In a way, Auron could understand the difficulty that the shinobi might have when it came to the fate of his fellow clansman. The missing ninja couldn't help but reflect back on his time as a leaf shinobi, and the choice he made to take the life of one of his brothers: another leaf shinobi. Still though he felt it was necessary at the time, just as Mako may be feeling right now. The conversation between the two was short, powerful, and bittersweet. There had been an unspoken level of respect the two had for each other, likely from how powerful both seemed to be. Auron simple spectated from his perch up high and refrained from interjecting. He maintained his chakra control over the undead and the portal just in case though, this still could have all been a ploy.

This thought was dismissed when Mako approached the fallen man, sword drawn, and drew it back. What would happen next was necessary, yet gory nonetheless. The blade would swing through the air and very easily sever the man's head from the rest of his body. The impact from the blade would energize the man's severed head, forcing it roll a distance adjacently before plopping into the ocean underneath the pier. When this act had been finalized, Auron would deactivate his doomsday portal along with his undead horde. Both sets of jutsu would dematerialize before the pair of shinobi and wither away harmlessly. Auron leaped down from the perch, landing firmly on his feet and approach Mako. The man before him barely seemed phased by the actions he had to take, which was a testament to his resolve and hardiness as a shinobi. If Auron hadn't been sure before, now he was entirely certain that this man before him was a high ranking ninja. 

Without a word, he'd nod in agreement to Mako's command and followed after the fisherman. The group would proceed into the boat clearly in a rush. The boat had set sail before Auron was fully in it, causing his landing into its structure to slightly compromise his standing structure. Nevertheless he rebalanced himself and the group were off. As they went on, Auron would note Gonk placing his mask back on his face. The sight of this made Auron speculate that Mako was having some type of internal conflict. On one hand he seemed to want to help the beach goers, but on the other it seemed inhumane for him to track down those akin to him. Auron would casually look at the man and though his straw hat and mask covered the majority of his face, he'd offer him a simple nod to acknowledge the difficulty he had been tasked with. 

Breaking the silence, the fisherman would announce his plan to bait the shark. Auron looked at the water and could see its fin bisecting the water around it. This was no more than a dozer or two meters away. Mako then commanded the fisherman to toss the bait in a path that the shark had been following. Shortly after the fisherman tossed the bait in the path, the shark maneuvered towards it in a insatiable fashion. The blood from the meat stained the water, and as the cage was lowered it would be triggered to open up to accept the shark. The cage was massive, being 40 meters in length and 20 meters in width, yet it was still barely able to contain the shark in its entirety. As the beast swam within the cage, the fishermen aboard would activate a lever which would force the door to slam shut and lock in multiple locations. The shark would sink its teeth into the bait, and upon realizing it had been caged it began to ram its body against the cage's steel structure. The massive forces from the shark impacting the cage forced a torque to be applied to the ship at the point of the cage's attachment to it. Resultantly the large boat the group had stood upon began to rock aggressively. 

"We can't keep it caged forever, boys go and end its suffering!" the fisherman would cry while struggling to maintain the stability of the boat.

Quickly, Auron would offer a glance towards Mako. Knowing that this may have been another hard decision for him Auron would take the queue from the man. If he felt it was better to subdue the fisherman's troops before they were able to swim down to the shark and stab it to death, then Auron would assist him in intervening. His personality type had always been accustomed to following those he trusted, and so far he had a good feeling about this Mako fellow. The two had conquered a beast of a man together, and resultantly Mako earned the Yamaguchi's trust. The least Auron could do is repay the loyalty by assisting him in thwarting the deadly efforts of the fishermen. 

But whatever the decision from Mako would be, Auron would act before his comrade or the fishermen had a chance to. He'd activate his chakra sensory instinctually and focus it in on the shark. When he would he'd be able to sense the fact that shark on a rampage in the cage was actually under a genjutsu, presumably by the man the pair had defeated. "Wait!" Auron would call out, "The shark is actually under a genjutsu. We can release it and calm it!" 

"Ahh, who cares. That's a good hunt!" one fisherman would reply as him and his friends prepared to descend from the ship and into the water. Without giving them the chance to do so though, Auron would look over to Mako and exclaim "Go, release the shark from the genjutsu!" He'd wait just a moment for Mako to leap from the ship before acting. But in that time, two of the fishermen had already dived into the water with the rest of them preparing to follow suit. Now with Mako in the water and out of harm's way, Auron swiftly drew his Shimmering Blade and swung it cross body. The air aboard the ship disrupted, and slowed all the rest of the fisherman down to snail like speeds. With haste, Auron would rush towards them and knock them unconscious with the hilt of his blade while they had been heavily slowed. He'd incapacitate them, but not kill them. He'd do this to all except the fisherman who piloted the boat. To him, Auron would point his blade and say, "Listen...do as I say, or you're next. And I won't keep any of you alive."

"M-Me? Why me? I'll comply, I swear!"

Auron returned his blade to its sheathe and nodded. "Good, now yo-..." he'd pause as his eyes fellow upon something truly horrifying. Off in the distance, at least 60 meters away, he'd see an even larger shark fin swimming full steam towards the ship. It had belonged to a much larger shark, furious and hellbent to extract revenge for its captured brethren. The fisherman would turn in place and would be paralyzed with fear, and like the coward he was he'd simply pass out. Now it was up to Mako and Auron to figure out how to handle both sharks. And though Auron had a plan in mind, he'd have to wait for Mako to return from handling the other shark before he'd go about it.

WC = 1387. TWC = 4919

Mid Thread Claim
25% Max Stat Discount:
- 1500 WC to learn Gonk's Chakra Signature
- 1500 WC to learn Earth Release (1500/1500)
- 1500 WC to learn Extra Advanced Element (1500/1500)
- 1500 WC to learn Steel Release (1500/1500)
- 419 WC to learn Way of the Wicked (419/1500)
Kaito Inuzuka
Kaito Inuzuka
Otokage
Otokage
Stat Page : Stat Page

Health: 300 points
AP: 2,000 points
Vigor: 125 points
Chakra: 125 points
Speed: 45 points
Strength: 5 points
Mission Record : Mission Log
Summoning Contract : The Wolves of Death Gorge
Living Clones : Uchiha, Tatsuya
Familiar : Raidomaru (Needs Revamped)
Legendary Equipment : N/A
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ninjutsu Kanjutsu Jikūjutsu Default
Wind Earth Water Lightning Fire Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 0

Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:05 pm
Mid-Thread Claims approved for Guren!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum