Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Aqueous Transmission Yesterday at 7:59 pmDante HyugaTori Jintaro [WIP]Yesterday at 7:16 pmTori JintaroJoro meeting Sephy!!Yesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaAn Unruly Situation; Unrest SurgesYesterday at 1:33 pmShiro HyugaA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Yesterday at 1:32 pmShiro HyugaLate Night Customers!!Yesterday at 1:04 amJoro ShokkuA Ghost! Where?Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:49 pmJoro ShokkuMerchant MonsterTue Apr 30, 2024 7:32 pmReitenFar Away Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:57 pmReiten
Top posting users this month
12 Posts - 57%
5 Posts - 24%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Goro Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : --
Ryo : 0

A dive into western philosophical thought [Cole] Empty A dive into western philosophical thought [Cole]

Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:40 pm
Honestly, as long as he showed his face at the front desk, he was pretty much guaranteed his own training field. His reputation preceded him, though whether it was as 'that kid from research who makes bombs' or 'the kid who lives in the mizukage estate' was unclear- and it wasn't like they'd tell him if he asked.

He also wasn't sure if leaving clean training fields when he was done made the staff more nervous than completely wrecking the place. Today, though, he just wanted some time by himself- they didn't need to know he wasn't technically training at the moment. As long as he was out of their hair, they shouldn't mind too badly. There were definitely enough rooms to go around, after all.

Goro arrived at his destination- an out of the way hall usually reserved for guests. It didn't have as many features as the native fields, but a lot of labor definitely went into making it appear presentable. He fiddled with some knobs and levers against the wall, letting the room morph into an idyllic field and forgetting to close the door behind him. Artificial grass rubbed at his ankles realistically enough he almost caught himself attempting a genjutsu release. As he neared the center of the field, he flopped onto his back and looked blankly skywards.

The clouds weren't real, nor were those birds native to Kirigakure. White wings and black beaks- they were Wharf Terns, and they mostly lived on islands further west. The storm barrier had prevented their migration eastwards, and as such, they couldn't be found in the military capital anymore. Terns were noisy and ubiquitous, and he found himself missing them nonetheless. Ugh.

Absentmindedly, he drew a line down the skin of his arm with his other hand. Chakra flared beneath the pads of his fingers, digging gently into the sealing arrays he'd placed a couple of hours earlier. It was nothing spectacular- some sheaves of loose paper, various pens he'd filched from one of the main buildings, a couple of pillows, and a clipboard.

He uncapped a pen with his teeth, grabbing it with a free hand and squirming on his back until he found a comfortable position. The nib hovered a few centimeters above the blank paper.

What was he supposed to do with this?

Did he need to know, even?

Goro Tanaka lowered the pen to the paper and began to draw.

[WC: 405]
[Total WC: 405]
Travin Iburi
Travin Iburi
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Stat Page : Travin Iburi
Remove Remove Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Missing Ninja

A dive into western philosophical thought [Cole] Empty Re: A dive into western philosophical thought [Cole]

Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:39 pm
Cole had only just got into the village yesterday, and after taking the rest of the day to rest and relax from his journey, he thought it was time to get out and get started on what he came here for. He made his way to the village’s state-of-the-art training facility. Thinking that if he could meet a few people and maybe learn a thing or two, he would swing by the library after on his way back to the Inn. It was a nice day today, considering where he was at. The mist was not too thick, and the sun was able to break through today. Cole was wearing his normal black cargo pants with a white button down short sleeve shirt, and a white and blue jacket. 

He didn’t have any issues getting into the training facility, and quickly made his way around to the training rooms. At this point, there were not too many people working on their skills, and the few that he saw were in the middle of intense workouts. Because of this, he just kept walking past till he came to a room with a young man sitting at a table in a field of grass, looking like he was about to write something down or maybe draw something. Cole stopped and watched to see what he was doing, and when he saw that he wasn’t really training too intensely, if at all from what Cole could tell anyway. He knocked on the door, “Hello, would you mind answering a few question for me on the sensory style of jutsu” his voice calm and polite. 

If the man agreed to answer Cole’s questions. Cole would simply walk into the room, “Thank you, my name is Cole Yuki” he would introduce himself as he walked up to the table. If the man simply refused, Cole would turn and keep walking, looking for someone that could answer his questions.

WC-323
Goro Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

A dive into western philosophical thought [Cole] Empty Re: A dive into western philosophical thought [Cole]

Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:23 pm
Someone was coming closer.

Goro didn't recognize him, which might've been an issue, as he had a general feel for most of the people who walked in and out of the doors. As such, he craned his neck over the clipboard and was staring straight at the door, even a few moments before he'd actually arrived.

He asked for a brief conversation about the sensory style of jutsu. Was it obvious Goro was a sensor, or was he just walking up to everyone in hopes that they'd have answers for him? He tilted his head to the side, letting a few white curls bob in front of his eyes.

"I might be able to give you a thing or two," he acquiesced. It was a much less enthusiastic response than something he'd give to someone he recognized. Goro squinted at the man as he approached, introducing himself as a Yuki. He'd never met one before, but he could see it, sorta; there was a 'nip' to the stranger's chakra that he best associated with morning frost... or some shit. He didn't see frost in Kiri too often, though. Maybe a different analogy would be better.

"Tell me about yourself," he spoke up after a moment. The dig for information was blatant. He had no idea who the stranger was, and he'd barged into a training ground while he was clearly doing something.

Just because someone wasn't having an intense workout or whatever didn't mean they weren't working on something. Some jutsu were hard to discern. That said, he absolutely wasn't working on anything important, but he'd eat an eggshell before admitting it to someone he knew nothing about.

Should he not answer, he'd dig deeper into his pillow nest, not taking his eyes off Cole.

[WC: 295]
[Total WC: 700]
Travin Iburi
Travin Iburi
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Missing-Nin (D-rank)

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:05 pm
Cole let a grin cross his face when the man told him that he might be able to tell him a thing a two. He had gotten lucky since after all, sensory shinobi were on the rare side of study, but were always needed. Cole walked up and stood by the table when the man asked him to tell him about himself. It was an odd thing to ask, but Cole could see where the man was coming from, after all he didn’t know who Cole was or anything. “May I” Cole would ask the man motioning to the empty seat. If the man gave Cole a sign that he could sit down, Cole would pull the chair out and take a seat, if not he would remain standing. 

Like I said, my name is Cole Yuki and I hail from Waterfall country. I’ve been traveling around for a while now, gathering information on the different disciplines of the shinobi way.” His voice would remain calm and his tone polite the entire time he was speaking. “I have some training in the arts from my parents, but I wish to compile as much information as I can in one place on the specializations of shinobi, as well as the different elements they can manipulate, and some basic jutsu that would be taught in schools and such.” Cole would tell the man, and he was being completely honest about it as well. He was wanting to compile a bunch of information on everything he mentioned. Even if he was making it sound like it was going to be for some kind of book for a school. 

I currently am working on both Fuinjutsu and Sensory, and was hoping to be able to find someone that could help teach me the basics for my notes” he would add.

WC-306 TWC-629
Goro Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:50 pm
Goro would nod as he made to sit down, listening attentively and politely to everything the Yuki said.

"Shinobi are inherently selfish," he responded after a few moments, drawing a thin line across the sheet. "Secrets are closely guarded in the hopes that you don't give weapons to your enemies." another line. "Anything written down can be stolen. The closest I can think of to a legitimate... Library, as you've said, would either be in Hoshigakure, Kumogakure, or in a few scattered Ninshu sects. The former two are obviously, uh..." a pause. "Not entirely open to the public. But that wasn't my point, so- maybe don't pay attention to that part."

He began to fill in bits and pieces of the makeshift drawing- it was difficult to tell what it was supposed to be at this stage.

"I do think information as you've said should be open," he confessed after a moment, "but I'm not sure how possible that is in the current political climate. As such, I can help you with some things- but the more elaborate your requests, the less I'll be able to share."

A pause. The pen hovered a few centimeters above the page. "That, and there's not a lot of universally accepted methodology for the sensory school of techniques." he scratched his ear, unknowingly getting a few globules of dark ink on his cheek. "Since, you know-" he gestured wildly with his hands as if they'd explain what he had trouble doing so. "how can you compare experiences to another person on such a fundamental level? When I look down, I see green grass- but how do I know that we're seeing the same green? It could be your blue, or yellow, or any number of things. I can show you a couple of general exercises, maybe, but the bulk of the work- trial and error alike- is going to ultimately have to come from you, since no two people sense the same way."

The drawing began to take shape- it seemed to resemble a massive fold of cloth, though it was hard to tell if it was a curtain or a sail. "I know leaf-based practices are pretty popular further west- sticking 'em to your fingers and whatnot. Maybe try recalling a similar sensation- bringing your chakra to the forefront of your brain without actually casting any techniques." he acquiesced, looking to Cole briefly.

[WC: 400]
[Total WC: 1,100]
Travin Iburi
Travin Iburi
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Missing-Nin (D-rank)

Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:41 pm
Cole could not argue with the man that most shinobi were secretive to the extreme. Most would never give out information freely, and Cole was no exception to the rule, either. However, instead of saying anything, he would simply nod gently in agreement. However, Cole did make a mental note that both Hoshi and Kumo both had libraries with secret jutsu among other knowledge hidden within them. He would have to make a trip to both of these village at some point.

There was a moment of silence as the two sat, before the man said that he agreed with Cole that the basics at least should be open to the public. Cole always thought that it would make learning and gaining power much faster, increasing the power growth of a village. If you were able to gain knowledge without having to go to another person to learn. After all, he didn't want any jutsu ranked A rank or above to even be considered public knowledge. Hell, he didn't think that there were too many B rank jutsu that should be public knowledge.

Cole listened as the man went on to explain the difficulty in teaching sensory style jutsu's. Since there really wasn't a standardized teaching method. It all made sense to Cole as he sat there taking the man's advice and channeling chakra into the frontal part of his brain. He could almost sense something, but he knew that he would need more practice. It was a good start though, giving him somewhere to start. “Thanks, I think I almost got something there, not too bad for a first try. I'll have to practice some more before I can get to the point of not needing to focus.” Cole would say, looking at the man.

Tell me is there any ninjutsu that you feel is so basic, and required by everyone that it should be known by everyone” Cole would ask the man as he leaned back into his chair.

WC-332 TWC-961
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum