Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Team 1!Today at 2:31 amJoro ShokkuWhat will become of us?Today at 1:36 amKutari UchihaBrutalityToday at 1:23 amTori JintaroBroken pieces of the past burn brightlyToday at 1:06 amAkira NamikazeSilver Lining [Training] [Private] Today at 12:55 amAzuki ShinodaFar Away Yesterday at 10:02 pmAmikiri GuhinGenin Gear Up !Yesterday at 7:04 pmTalon TauHere We GoYesterday at 2:32 pmAyato HyuugaLife is a HighwayYesterday at 2:32 pmAyato HyuugaTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:32 pmAmikiri Guhin
Top posting users this month
261 Posts - 42%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
37 Posts - 6%
37 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Okabe Shukai
Citizen
Stat Page : Soon
Remove Bukijutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Weaponry
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 500

A Delightful Encounter (Eliwood & Mar) Empty A Delightful Encounter (Eliwood & Mar)

Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:46 pm
Eliwood found himself doing his morning meditations on a rock, centered in a slow streaming river, that sat just above the waters surface. After performing his breathing techniques his lungs felt like they were on fire. The pain stood to reaffirm his connection with the Eternal Flame. With the day's meditation complete he could not simply waste such a beautiful spot. He would need to honor it somehow.

The monk thought on it for a moment before feeling a spark of inspiration. "I shall compose a song in honor of this place!"

He slung his guitar from his back into his hands and plucked at the strings a bit. He was growing tired of playing such a cheap instrument. Saving money for a new one being his only tangible goal at the moment. Nevertheless he would make do with what he had. He stared at his surroundings until his eyes became strained. He wanted to take in all the beauty he could before beginning. He captured the feelings the sights made him feel and then closed his eyes. The music would flow out from there as he let the feeling take over and pluck the strings.

The melody was light and quick. He felt as though it symbolized the quick skittering squirrels he saw playing among the trees. He often found himself lost in playing music with little care for his surroundings. This particular stream he was in sat right along a road into a small border town. He didn't really know how he ended up on that rock but he usually wasn't watching his surroundings when he wandered.

(WC 269)
Mar Byrd
Mar Byrd
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 29000

A Delightful Encounter (Eliwood & Mar) Empty Re: A Delightful Encounter (Eliwood & Mar)

Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:22 pm
“I haven’t been this much of a grease monkey since university.” Mar spoke to himself. It was the same week he’d arrived in the fang village, and he’d woken up long before the sun in order to finish a part that a woodcutter needed for his mill. Well, 16 copies of the same damaged part. Sure enough, he’d finished just in time for his client to start his business in the morning.

Though he’d found a place to live in the guest house, the wandering ninja was having trouble adapting. He’d even slept on the floor for the first couple of nights as it was the closest to his usual arrangements and he could never get comfy on a proper bed. So most of his camping supplies were put to use out here. Including a basin of high strength cleaner and an old rag to hose off the industrial filth from his hands.

Just as he was putting it away his hand brushed against a large item in his things. “Oh no.” He chimed in a worried voice. Picking out one half, and then the other of an electric keyboard. “Oooh my baby, I was suppose to take you inside. Do you still work?” He twisted the two pieces together and dug once again for the battery.

“It’s not rained, but it’ll be such a pain if you... Hmm?” Mar heard another tune that did not sound quite right coming along the wind. Atleast for his instrument. Leaning back, he actually had an apreciation of it. The musician clearly was not recorded for one. And somthing about the peaceful morning atmosphere just made it resonate in him. *pang*! His keyboard sung when he tested it alright, somthing in the key of F.... He cracked his fingers, and gave a shot of harmonizing.

With a twitch of the dial he set his instrument to sing just like the real deal. Recorded, synthesized piano. Part of him wanted to go off the rail into somthing jazzy. But he stuck with his best instincts and played along to his unseen companion. Eli has begun a melody, but Mar used his versatile instrument to add a catchy rythm. Letting him lead the way while the small imbedded speakers carried the sound well through the thicket to the other ninja.
Okabe Shukai
Citizen

A Delightful Encounter (Eliwood & Mar) Empty Re: A Delightful Encounter (Eliwood & Mar)

Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:06 pm
Eliwood was lost in his playing, his hands being guided by the tune itself. He felt as though the music sounded better than normal. As though he were playing more instruments than one. The sudden thought that he might not be alone finally popped into his head and he stopped playing. Sure enough the other sound continued. Someone else was indeed nearby and apparently felt the vibe that he was projecting with music.

"Hello? Is someone there?" He would call out, "Your music was lovely however I cannot quite plac what instrument it is. I would love to have a chat. If you are not too shy."

He was attempting to bait the person out with childish tactics. He knew people in this dangerous world tended to be less than trusting. Especially of strangers. Eliwood tended to bring the better side out of people though with his overall innocence. Even notorious killers were often nice to him, and so he felt no need for caution when approaching people. He hoped this mystery musician was a kindred spirit.

(WC 177)
(TWC 446)
Mar Byrd
Mar Byrd
Citizen

Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:52 pm
Notorious killers tended to be quite nice to Mar Byrd too, but that wasn't going through his mind as he heard Eli call out on the other end of the thicket. A curious idea popped into his head. Did it reeeeally matter if this random guitarist saw him use ninjutsu? Obviously precautions need to be taken when he was around a larger group of people. Missing Nin could be turned in to many places for quite the bounty. Then again, he'd not gotten the chance to use any of the new techniques he'd been practicing. Smiling childishly to himself he reasoned that yes. It was imperative he keep his skills sharp in case he actually needed to apply them in battle. 

For about thirty seconds, his own tune stopped. "You aren't so bad yourself buddy, don't put that six string down. I'll be right over." He meant quite literally. Putting on a small harness to hold up his low weight instrument. Then, all he had to do was put his hands together in the Ram seal. And... With a high pitched *shrink* sound he reapered fifty meters away. Just halfway up a 30 meter tall tree. Another hand sign. Two more piano clad musicians appeared next to him. Before all three anchored themselves to the tree's trunk by their feet. He was wearing goggles, atleast a half hearted attempt to disguise his identity.

The gentle tune came back, starting from the top. But this time, Mar's versatile instrument was three. They'd changed their own settings with a spin of the dial. Now apparently the monk and the engineer of them were working with a piccolo and a supporting bass. He could not contain his playful grin. Explaining while the melody wound on again. "This here's nothing special, just an old electronic keyboard my friend. Programmed with a full orchestra of musical options."

Mar was actually really happy with his performance thusfar, it was difficult to play such a complex instrument and keep the chakra focused with precision at the bottom of his feet. He laughed for a moment. "These two, well you could say they're my band." He still firmly hoped that his cohort would perhaps respond with whimsy or be impressed rather than possibly scared or outraged. But the green haired fella did not look like the type. Besides, he'd wanted to talk anyways. Who was Mar to keep that from him?

(Used body flicker, shadow clone, Treeclimbing / Surface Walking)
Okabe Shukai
Citizen

Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:37 pm
Eliwood's call out recieved a friendly enough sounding reply and he happily complied with the request to not stop playing his guitar. In a moment the voice that originally was coming from behind the thicket, was now coming from above him. The kink looked up to see not one but three people, all hanging upside down from a tree with seemingly nothing keeping them attached. Each person had an interesting looking bit of equipment. It appeared to be a piano or at least the keyboard of one. Eliwood was at a loss to how one could house the strings necessary in such a small container. The stranger called it an electronic keyboard and even made the bold claim that it were a full orchestra. Again the monk would be dumbfounded when each of the three musicians produced a different instrument's sound. Eliwood began to play to the strangers' beat and talked at the same time.

"That is a nifty trick how you are all staying upside down like that. I am more impressed however with these instruments you three are holding." He hopped off of his rock and over to the road just beside the water. "So small and yet they produce such beautiful music." He did not want to be shown up however and so he began to play a more upbeat tune. Only now he was infusing chakra into the strings. The melody that was produced would surely surprise the strangers as they felt their own movements feeling lighter and quicker.

"But can those fancy keyboards do this?" He would ask smiling a devilish grin. It had been so long since he had ran across a fellow musician and he was feeling a little competitive.

(WC 287)
(TWC 733)

Used Musical Art: Lively Sonata
Mar Byrd
Mar Byrd
Citizen

Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:03 pm
Mar indeed looked impressed, his hands remained close together in the keyboard. Fine for both playing a simple song, and in case he needed to throw out a jutsu. He’d never heard anything like chakra woven into sound. And his instrument could certainly not copy it on it’s own power. His eyes widened. “You’re a ninja, well normally I’d say you were out of luck but.. come on up. Chakra at the bottom of your feet. Imagine them becoming a magnet. You need a steady flow, but it doesn't take too much.” He instructed, his hand shrunk down as the clones set aside their instruments to walk to the bottom. Offering up their arms.

If Elieood trusted them they’d support him up by his shoulders. Doing much of the heavy lifting together and encouraging his slow progress. “Start with your legs bent and stand up as you get the hang of it. Don’t worry, I won’t let Ha fall.” He countered with his own solo. Playing an automatic, prerecorded track in the background. A drum beat covered him while he held onto a string of vibrating notes. Notable he chose a rising tempo as the Ninja actually rise up with him. Cheering him on and going for a walk. Unsatisfied until they are at the peace of the tree. 

“Names Mad Byrd, and I’m a wandering nin who can carry a tune. Just a humble a scholar, friendly not a brawler, oh ohh.”  he explained as a part of his song. Satisfied with himself. It was exhilarating being on the other side of teaching Ninjutsu. Much more calm than the frantic note taking and mental gymnastics of learning how to spew fireballs and teliport.

“That’s the finest sounding guitar I’ve heard in my whole life pall. What else have you got?” He asks with encouragement, Eli looked like he’d been around. Mar was not exactly interested in learning string instruments. But spreading the word of great, ill used technology. Always interested him. “You know, I could make some modifications to that guitar. You could hook it up to an amp. Get a sound like you’ve never heard.”
Okabe Shukai
Citizen

Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:53 pm
Eliwood was surprised to be called a ninja, "I would not call myself that, but I do know some ninjutsu I suppose." He'd interject. The stranger then explained in simple terms how he was capable of sticking to the tree. Using chakra like a magnet on his feet, he had never thought of it that way before. Simple yet revolutionary. "I will give it a shot." He'd cheerfully say, taking one of the hands extended out to him.

Forming the chakra at his feet was simple. Getting it to stick was another story. He fiddled with getting his footing for a moment before he felt it stick. Then, trusting this mysterious yet helpful person, he stuck his other foot and found himself completely horizontal.

"Incredible!" He took a couple wobbly steps before falling to the ground, possibly dragging a clone or two with him. "Oh forgive me folks. I thought I surely had it there." He apologized, "Thank you ever so much for showing me the trick to it."

He patted the dirt off himself and adjusted his scarf before picking his guitar back up. "This thing? I bought it for spare change at some shady market." He slung the guitar over his back, "For the moment it is all I have to fill the silence. I have been looking for a somewhat rare instrument, a Sitar. But I have yet to have luck there."

As he spoke he looked up at the branch Mar was on and jumped, then in midair he jumped again gaining enough height to land softly on top of said branch. He used the wind chakra as though it were an extension of himself when he jumped. Ever since birth he had felt a kinship with the wind, after all it seemed to follow him everywhere. So he could not be more pleased to find that he has an aptitude for using wind chakra.

"Since you were kind enough to show me your truck, I think it is only fair that I teach you something. Like say, how I usually climb trees." He'd say in reference to how he had just risen up to Mar's level on the branch.

(WC 364)
(TWC 1097)

Used wind release: jump
Mar Byrd
Mar Byrd
Citizen

Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:02 pm
Mar’s clones recreated a three stooges impression. They were all so wimpy, and roughly as focused on staying up themselves. At first it looked promising, they supported him quite a bit and were expecting difficulty. Ultimately, they’d not expected him to actually fail. Mar himself learnt most of his techniques with speed not unlike those of the greatest ninja alive. In short, they screwed up. Falling down one first which managed to cushion Eli’s fall, then the next had their piano impact the ground next to his form before landing on his belly. It was enough to burst them all into dust. 

“Yoooowch! Crap, haha. A little better with your fingers than your chakra control. It’s cool, we all start somewhere right?” Mae was impressed at his long distance leap. And like usual, are you the details like candy. He had nothing to write on up here, and his usual bag was all the way by his camping gear. Had he been relying on a crutch? The real key to learning was all in his head after all. Perhaps he just needed to get out of his own way... It dident help that he really, more than anything wanted to expereince the miracle of flight. 

“Damn! I’d give anything to take your method over mine. That’s the wind release jump right? I haven’t even mastered the wind ellement. My natural tendency is fire. So, you know. I’ve been tought three ways of shooting fireballs and not one to move around.” He said with dejection. “Oh, but if you teach me a little more about wind styled jutsu... I could make you two Sitar’s. You won’t find a more handy man in miles. I could even manage an engraving on one.” He offered diplomatically. Singing a very different tune than the musical focus he’d had earlier.

“Forgive me, but flight is what I want nothing more than to achieve. I’ve tracked to the Valks of Ventus, and made thousands of diagrams for flying machines. That kind of technique could be exactly what I need to get off the ground. So to speak. What’s your name partner?” He asked with a chipper smile. Offering a hand shake before relaxing in sitting position on the branch to catch his breath and let the chakra steadily flow back in.
Okabe Shukai
Citizen

Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:29 pm
Immediately after Eliwood's apology he realized there was nobody there on the ground with him. He was certain he had fallen onto one of the three men. But come to think of it, there was only one stranger in his midst.

He slapped his forehead, "To think those two were clones. Had me fooled for sure."

His jump on air was not lost on the odd pianist who even knew a fancy name for the Technique. Mar seemed like someone who was more apt towards book learning. Eliwood wasnt taught how to use wind chakra to jump, he felt it one day while skipping through the trees. He felt as light as air and his movements reflected it
"Ah a practitioner of fire! I simply love it. In fact wind is the best way of making a fire burn even brighter. I will gladly show you what I know." He'd say shaking the hand extended to him. "My name is Eliwood. Eliwood Mossgrove. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

He would hop down from the limb and land with no noise. Pressing wind chakra out the moment he was about to land to slow his descent and muffle the sound. He'd motion for Mar to follow him and walk over towards the water. Once there he looked around for a leaf on the ground and held it up for Mar to see. It was the most basic way of showing a change in chakra nature but Eliwood found it highly effective.

"The essence of wind is sharpness. When wind chakra is concentrated in a small area, like your fingertips, it wields a surprising amount of cutting power. Like so," he'd say while surging wind chakra to his fingers. The leaf in between would be sliced in half. "In a wider area though, wind is less sharp and more about force." Eliwood would hold his hand up and point it in Mar's direction. A small gust of wind would push from his palm and blow through Mar's hair.

"Combine that force and sharpness and you get this neat trick." He would stick out his pointer finger and aim at a nearby tree before launching a bullet of air at it. The shot would go straight through the wood and out the back leaving a small peephole through it.

"It is all about visualization. Feel the wind on your face and imagine your chakra producing that feeling. Emulating nature will get you far." He'd say taking a seat on the water's edge, "try the leaf and we can move from there."

(WC 428)
(TWC 1525)

Used wind style air pistol
Mar Byrd
Mar Byrd
Citizen

Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:26 pm
Mar gave a dumb, wolfish grin once his newfound ally offered to teach him what he knew. It was exactly what he wanted! He felt like he'd hit the jackpot with all these wandering ninja so eager to show their abilities. Information that was utterly priceless. He did a little jig when Eli fired the bullet until the musical ninja looked back his way. Putting the piano to the side and rubbing his hands together. Mar centered his chakra and took note.

'Sharpness? Force?' He thought to himself, from his perspective. Jutsu had been all about mimicry, and immolation. Turning his breath into energy, copying the effects of magnetism in his feet. This was a whole new ballpark. He felt like a carnivore trying his first ever salad, although it did seem to make some sense. Though he would be performing jutsu in a different language most of the same groundwork of ninjutsu itself remained solid foundation.

The chakra was centered in his hands, not just in his hands. But the very tip. As be began mocking the same technique. Chakra visably swirled outwards, formlessly. In a tiny fog like he'd lit a cigarette. "The Air Pistol, who tought you this technique anyways? Could do some real damage." He tried to measure his excitement, but the future possibilities were too great. An invisible projectile that could rip a man in half in an instant. He didn't even know if he could counter it with his own fireball shower jutsu.

Picking up his own leaf his fingers trembled slightly as he tried to get it all down. if there's one thing he could do, it was imagine. He imagine the mountains of this region slowly being worn down over time by high winds alone. Being grounded down storm by storm into little more than a flat land without the earth beneath it to replace what was lost. He imagined the wind faster, and faster. The rock held still while the atmosphere whipped up incredible power. The air was still thin, his chakra was unfocused. So, he really let his imagination loose.

Far from here he pictured as vividly as possible what it was like to drift inside the gas giant of jupiter. There were storms the size of countries, nothing but a hellishly tight nebula of what was once a star. Baked endlessly in swirls the size of earth many times over. This was what let Mar focus, this is how he visualized his first gust of wind. With a bang the leaf was reduced to scraps of itself in an instant. All drifting down back to the earth. It got a hell of a rise out of the engineer. Who jumped scared as if he'd messed up before coming to his senses. "That's uh, not so bad."
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum