Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Here We GoToday at 11:02 amAkki SenjuLife is a HighwayToday at 9:46 amMegami KuogaSilver Lining [Training] [Private] Today at 4:14 amKiko TsukikoMerchant MonsterToday at 1:51 amHebiishi OrochiAqueous Transmission Today at 12:14 amKayori HatakeBreakaway (exit)Yesterday at 5:15 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Yesterday at 3:15 pmGoto SenjuWorking With a New Friend!Yesterday at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Yesterday at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Yesterday at 1:53 amJoro Shokku
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
36 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Mara Asano
Mara Asano
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 500

A Little Guidance (Mara Asano Academy Days) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Little Guidance (Mara Asano Academy Days)

Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:11 pm
Mara cringed at the analysis, but they definitely weren't wrong. Her clone was a strong start, but wouldn't be convincing. She nodded as thy described how to visualize it.

'Ok, Mara. Focus. Feel the chakra extend.' She focused on the image of the clone in her mind, feeling her chakra extend even before she moved to make the handsigns.She focused her chakra on one point, and then two more. Then her fingers began to move. Ram → Snake → Tiger

With a poof, three clones appeared on the training grounds. Two of them looked almost perfect, much to Mara's satisfaction. The third was hazy like before...and then winked out of existence. "So...I'll need to practice that a bit."

At the mention of the transformation technique she looked toward Natsume. "I'm aware the Transformation technique exists, but not much more than that. I've mostly toyed around with it." Then, watching as Ryuka made the hand seals, she was impressed to watch his hair cycle through numerous colors. "Ok, that's impressive."

She wove the hand seals herself. Dog → Boar → Ram She felt an outpouring of her chakra that was briefly overwhelming. The result, however, was less impressive. She'd attempted to take on Ryuka's appearance, but ended up somewhere in between. She was still her height with patches of her outfit. Her hair fell into a strange greenish-brown color and her face was mismatched. "Well that went poorly."
Natsume
Natsume
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 9150

A Little Guidance (Mara Asano Academy Days) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Little Guidance (Mara Asano Academy Days)

Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:49 am
Natsume nodded in approval and smiled slightly as Mara tried the clone technique again. "She does not give up. Good." Two picture perfect clones appeared, and a third blurred in and out of existence before finally poofing. "Do not worry, Mara. The Clone technique seems to struggle with more than two clones at a time. It is not you that is the problem." She paused and then added: "Good job."

The next technique went a little, well, poorly. Natsume focused more on Mara than she did the impressive control Ryūka demonstrated over his Transformation technique. "The handseals were fine... I would guess the problem lies either in your chakra or charka control or," she looked closely at the odd mash up of the two appearances, "a lack of conviction in your transformation."

Natsume went through the seals quickly, but held on to the last Ram seal. She did not transform right away. "You must know what you are transforming in to. It must be clear as day, in your mind, what you will become." She used her memory of Mara as a base to construct her transformation—becoming slightly taller, with longer blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing an assortment of blue—and then transformed. While she had gotten most of the details correct, Mara would perhaps notice that the hair was slightly longer than Mara's actual hair, or that the boots had lost the brown detailings. "Eventually it will be easy to think up a transformation on the spot, but to get an accurate transformation of an actual person, you need to see them from multiple angles and pay attention to details." Her face scrunched up slightly. It was hard to describe the exact process she went through when she thought of transformations. Perhaps it would have been better for Mara if she had found two individuals that were less... artistic... about their approaches to jutsu. "I wonder how the boys do this?"

[ WC: 322 | TWC: 672 ]
Ryūka
Ryūka
Citizen
Stat Page : Smoke Warning
Remove Bukijutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 500

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:47 am
"Yes." Ryūka added to Natsume's teachings, "For example, don't ever try to transform into a cat. It will not work, and you'll just embarrass yourself. Unless you can get out of that situation fast enough, that is. Good thing it never happened to me. Ever. I only hope it never happens to you either.".

Ryūka unsheathed his GIANT PIPE from his GIANT FLYING METAL FLOWER. It was a regular deal. "The Substitution Technique is bit of an odd one... It's usually misunderstood. It is largely believed to be a Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free Card. In fact, it needs to be prepared beforehand. And it is not, in fact, a teleportation. It is once again, merely an illusion.". Ryūka performed the handseals, and turned his pipe into a replica of his own, as he himself turned into smoke. As he released the illusion, he simultaneously turned back into his human form.

It looked like as if Ryūka had teleported a short distance, leaving behind his pipe instead. 

"Of course it doesn't work if your opponent is onto you. That's the point of it.".

Ryūka turned back to Natsume. "By the way Natsume. We haven't really talked about you. How has your training been going? Learned any techniques lately?".
Mara Asano
Mara Asano
Citizen

Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:33 pm
"Interesting," Mara said, looking at the pipe that had briefly represented Ryuka. It appeared that the substitution technique wasn't dissimilar to the clone technique. Both relied on a projected image of the self. In fact, the false image portion of the substitution almost felt a bit easier. She had an object to focus the illusion on. The real trick would be pulling off the simultaneous transformation jutsu on herself.

She pulled a training kunai out of her thigh holster, twirling it absently as she focused on what she was about to attempt. The kunai wouldn't be sufficient for this trick. It was too small and insubstantial.

A quick look to her right revealed something far more fitting, one of the attack dummies used for training. With a smile, she focused the chakra, first on her intended target and then on herself. Then she wove the signs. Tiger → Boar → Ox → Dog → Snake.

An instant later she pushed off with her feet, sailing toward the dummy. An image of herself lingered where she had been as she wrapped herself in a separate illusion as a poof of dust. Grasping the dummy, she hurled it into place, landing with a thud where she had stood. She didn't quite manage to land smoothly, and skidded to a stop as the illusion passed. But she was satisfied.

It wasn't a perfect execution, but she was beginning to see how this could work. More than that, she felt like she'd just pulled off the first jutsu that felt truly viable. It hadn't come free though. She felt winded from the attempt. With a bit of practice, however, she was sure it would come along.

"Now that," she said, pausing to catch her breath, "was a pretty cool technique! I can see myself using that!"

She wasn't sure how convincing it had been. After all, her tutors had been expecting its use. But she could tell by the startled face of a young child passing by that it had been at least a little convincing.

As Ryuka turned the conversation to Natsume. "Yes, sorry. I don't want to hog all the attention. What kind of things have you been working on?"
Natsume
Natsume
Citizen

Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:41 pm

She nodded in approval at Mara's substitution. "That was very well executed, Mara."

She was pondering about what to work on next with the girl—perhaps continuing to practice the clones or the transformation—when Ryūka turned the focus of the conversation to her. Natsume blinked. "Me?" She shuffled uncomfortably and then looked at Mara. Should she show off her skills in front of this girl? Did it seem pretentious? ... Did she even care? Probably not. "Ah... Yes. I suppose it is easier to show the technique than to explain it, though."

She focused and waved her hands, calling forth seven sheets of paper with her chakra. They hovered in the air about 1 meter in front of her and then, as she flicked her hands, they flew through the air and into a tree about 10 meters away, cutting deep into the wood. Once she released the technique, the papers fluttered and then relaxed, no longer stiff and sharp. "Could be better..." she mumbled to herself. A little faster, perhaps. Sharper. She would have to focus more on that for next time.

She looked back at the two and shuffled about once more, still uncomfortable. "Is there anything else you wanted to learn, Mara?" She frowned. "Though it might be a good idea to practice and refine what you do know instead of trying to learn too many things at once."
Ryūka
Ryūka
Citizen
Stat Page : Smoke Warning
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 500

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:28 am
Smokeperf smiled. Natsume was seemingly a natural teacher. He didn't have much to add to her explanations. He just nodded along, confirming Natsume's words, feeling that even that was in fact unnecessary, but thinking that might have made him look indifferent instead of respectful. "It is a pretty cool technique..." he answered to Mara, "Just be careful while using it. It does put you at a positional disadvantage while you're at the process of preparing it. Most higher ranked techniques require way less preparation."

He took a few seconds to think about it. "In fact... Out of the three techniques, Transformation Technique could be both the easiest but at the same time the most useful... Again, as long as you remember not to turn yourself into a cat.". It could have been hard to notice, but Ryūka's cheeks had gotten a little bit red as he said that. It quickly faded away. He had only few regrets in his life. What he tried not to mention was one of them.

Ryūka nodded. "You're good. Now if you all allow me, I have somewhere to be. Sorry for leaving like this... I'll see you both around. And Mara, good luck on your exams.". He nodded to both of them, and headed out of the training grounds. 

[EXIT. WC: 1205. Claiming;

6 stats
1102 words towards mastering Phoenix Fire (898+1102 = 2000/2000)
103 words towards upgrading Split Second from B to A (103/1500)]
Mara Asano
Mara Asano
Citizen

Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:06 pm
Mara considered Ryuka's advice carefully. She had to admit, the substitution definitely required a lot of preparation. It would be far more difficult to prepare such a move in combat. She'd have to put some work into the transformation technique. "I'll be sure to practice that one then. Obviously, I could use some work on it."

As impressed as she had been with herself, Natsume's paper trick blew Mara's mind. She was certain her jaw had dropped farther than the impressed child from earlier. How much chakra control did you need to be able to turn paper into a blade?! The fact that Natsume thought it could have been better only punctuated the point. The blonde girl had to will herself to regain her focus.  

"No, I think I'm actually in a good place now. I should probably focus on these techniques for now. My exam is coming up so I should get some prep time in."
She gave an appreciative bow to both. "I should get going I suppose. Thank you both so much for your help!"

With a smile and a second bow of her head, Mara took off in the opposite direction from Ryuka. She couldn't wait to get home and try her new tricks out. With enough practice, she'd be ready to take her exam and earn a headband! The sun was getting lower in the sky so she took a few shortcuts through shops. She'd been frustrated when she left home. Now she was eager. She'd need to remember to not to be afraid to seek people out next time.

[EXIT. WC: 2002. Claiming:
10 Stats (Forgoing training discount to get stats)
250 to learning Substitution Technique (250/250)
250 to learning Transformation Technique (250/250)
250 to learning Clone Technique (250/250)
500 to learning Raiton: Sparks (500/500)
752 toward learning Flicker Movement (752/1000)]
Saku
Saku
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : Stat Page
Mission Record : Mission Log
Remove Remove Remove Lightning Remove Default
Village : Konohagakure
Ryo : 24970

Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:35 pm
Approved.
Natsume
Natsume
Citizen

Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:54 pm

Natsume squinted slightly as Ryūka mentioned the oddest of things... like transforming into a cat. That was the second time he said it. A memory nagged at her, but she could not quite place why it was such an odd statement. Luckily for Ryūka, Natsume was distracted by Mara, so he managed to slip away without being interrogated asked about it.

"I would like to wish you luck on your exam, Mara," she paused and offered a genuinely warm smile to the blonde girl, "but I am sure you do not need it. Your hard work will get you through."

She nodded and watched as Mara left, waiting until the two of them were gone before settling back into her kata. This time, as she trained, it was with a newfound peace. The negativity that had plagued her this morning seemed to have eased a bit. Perhaps she should try talking to other people more often.

[ TWC: 1067

EXIT

Claiming:
Hikari Namikaze
Hikari Namikaze
Citizen
Stat Page : Hikari no Tenshi
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 276150

Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:58 pm
Approved
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum