Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Late Night Customers!!Today at 3:08 amDaikiAqueous Transmission Yesterday at 7:59 pmDante HyugaTori Jintaro [WIP]Yesterday at 7:16 pmTori JintaroJoro meeting Sephy!!Yesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaDrowning his SorrowsYesterday at 1:35 pmShiro HyugaAn Unruly Situation; Unrest SurgesYesterday at 1:33 pmShiro HyugaA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Yesterday at 1:32 pmShiro HyugaA Ghost! Where?Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:49 pmJoro ShokkuMerchant MonsterTue Apr 30, 2024 7:32 pmReitenFar Away Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:57 pmReiten
Top posting users this month
12 Posts - 57%
5 Posts - 24%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
1 Post - 5%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Ayato Hyuuga
Ayato Hyuuga
Hogokage
Hogokage
Stat Page :

Mission Record :
Summoning Contract : Forest of Dreams Ravens

Living Clones : Natsuki
Toneri
Familiar : Maneki
Legendary Equipment : Raiment of Eternal Fortune
Stone of Gelel
Remove Taijutsu Remove Kanjutsu Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Earth Water Lightning Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Taijutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 435700

To Teach is to Learn [Mission] Empty To Teach is to Learn [Mission]

Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:37 pm
Spoiler:

The gates Hoshigakure Shinobi Academy loomed above him as he took a deep breath of morning air attempting to ease the tension from his person.  He remembered how the courtyard of rang to the song of steel against steel when he had fought Table Jun not too long ago. But he was not here to lament on his victory against the school bully or to meet the teacher asking for advice as the appearance of a graduate student suggest. 

There are many reasons for giving a lecture. This is known.  There was one today, for Ayato to be here. A building he had little love of. Time in school was commonly believed to be the best years of someone’s life before the real world sets in and life becomes unkind and social activity dwindles to nothing.   But to Ayato the years in the Academy were a whirlwind of lethargy and colorless days. A life full of action comprised the majority of a shinobi’s time on this planet, and it – in Ayato’s humble opinion – was unacceptable to spend so much of that time pining for years that passed in the first small fraction of one’s life.

Back to the reason he was in front the Academy. Today Ayato was going to be the teacher. He had to make sure to look the part as well, wearing a white shirt made from the finest cotton for that worn feel , black woolen pants, and brand new gray shinobi sandals. His hair washed and dried clean, slicked and to the site with sponge wax with high and a matte finish. This was how a teacher should look like.

Tthere was the need for a substitute for Kamina-sensei who called in sick. A Genin who had only graduated a few months ago lecturing other Academy Students seemed to be biased but it was a necessary evil. The Academy stuff was too short-handed to find someone fills in her place from the current roster so they put out a request on the mission boards signed as a D-rank mission.   Ayato stumbled upon it and made him available to take it. The Academy boards of directors were eager to find someone to get the job done and they didn’t care if he was a Genin fresh from the Academy.  That didn’t mean he could do a half-assed job and call it a day; his performance would be graded accordingly. This was used as a constant reminder while he had to prepare for the lecture.  Never lose sight of his objective.  Remain as determined as when he accepted the mission. That was the key.

Kamina-sensei’s lecture was late in the morning but Ayato felt as if it was too risky since he lacked the experience to captive an audience of students who would begin to feel hungry and think about lunch. Ayato had insisted on taking the first morning hour since he knew this was the best time to speak because students are generally on their highest alert.  When he brought this up to the principal the day before he was scared that the bald middle aged man with fingers as fat as sausages would turn down his request but thankfully he granted without a struggle.
It was difficult to talk to an audience that you didn’t know, so before lecturing and moving to the subject he had to make sure to captivate the audience by building rapport quickly and effectively, to get them on his side. Rapport was a state of harmonious understanding between the presenter and a group that enabled greater and easier communication. In everyday life, rapport is getting on well with another person, or group of people, by having things in common.

Communication is easier and usually more effective when you feel comfortable with the person you talk to.  Sometimes rapport happens naturally, you ‘hit it off’ or ‘get on well’ with somebody else without having to try, this is often how friendships are built.  However, rapport can also be built and developed by finding common ground, developing a bond and being empathic. In this case, the common would be shinobi life and the small gap in age between Ayato and the students.

Ayato slid the door of Classroom 1-A. He had arrived here half an hour earlier before class hour started so the classroom was dull and gray. Desks were arranged facing the blackboard the rows 2 seats apart. It wasn’t any different from Ayato’s own old classroom, but the room felt so distant and unwelcoming.  That was the reason why he had to come here earlier, in order to familiarize with space. Students started to come in with masses, short haired, long haired, male female, brown and blow they filled the desks. None of them paying any attention to Ayato and their noise of conversation kept on even though the class had supposed to be started. When Ayato ahead to them to quiet down to which they blinked and stared and exchanged words in a low voice with another. No one has notified them. The bad start added a lot more pressure to the already uncomfortable Ayato. Teaching was a lot more difficult in practice than in theory. “I’ll have to explain right before they start talking again. Need to keep up appearances as well.” He thought before he cleared his throat to address the students. He searched for his father’s voice. “Good morning everyone. My name is Ayato Hyuuga and I’m a shinobi Genin rank." The words came out of his mouth with cool courtesy and the student’s eyes were captivated by him he was pleased to see. But not foolish enough to believe that his sweet talk or his name got them, it was clearly that statement of his rank that did; the goal of every student in this room. “I know my presence here may raise a question so I’ll do my best in power to explain. Kamina –sensei has called in sick and I was up to the task to replace for her course on Ninjutsu and shinobi skills today.”  Ayato announced and went on to call the names from the attendance sheet. Every student who heard his name responded accordingly. Almost everyone was present, all except for a girl named Alice.

The purpose of the lecture was to teach a subject of his choice in a particular field he was knowledgeable at. In order to do that he had to show them something exciting and since he had the flexibility to pick one, he thought that he wouldn’t lose them.  He had decided to with Chakra Infusion a shinobi skill that referred to both the flowing of chakra through an object. Ayato believed that an advanced shinobi skill such as this was bound to arouse attention.

Today we are going to review the theory of Chakra Infusion and elemental potencies. I believe you have been instructed about infusion in a general form but I’m going to review just in case. It is an advanced shinobi skill that referred to both the flowing of chakra through an object as well as any technique that increases the potency of a weapon by flowing chakra through it. ” Ayato turned and went on to write on the blackboard with an unused chalk that was on his desk.  It was then that he realized that he couldn’t be farther with his earlier thinking – believing he would be able to build a rapport and communicate better with the audience because he was close to their age. Instead, the students had brushed of Ayato’s rank and found this as an opportunity to mess with him. When Ayato turned around to write on the board everybody hides under their desks, and when he asked them what they were doing everybody replied they were tying their shoe laces. Another student began gently banging his head on the desk and made noises like "no, stop that, get out of my head!" like he was crazy or something. I lost the first round. Damn brats. Ayato clenched his fist with force and broke the chalk he held in his hands in a cloud of powder.  I have to control my temper, can’t let them get over my skin. Ayato thought to try to maintain his composure. It would be for the best to abandon the prospect of using the blackboard and go with a more direct approach.  “I can’t risk losing them again.” Ayato thought and went on to address the students once again.

Alright, elemental chakra can be used to flow through weapons, bladed or blunt  in order to increase their damage properties or gain other additional advantageous depending on the element.”Ayato made sure to speak loud and clear while also his body language supported his words by moving his hands accordingly. For instance, let’s take Wind element in chakra infusion. This increases the sharpness of bladed of weapon to the point where an experienced user is capable of slicing and piercing through thick objects such as weapons or armor. An unparalleled advantage if you ask me when in the close or middle distance during combat. On the other hand, there is earth chakra flow that increases the defensive power of an object by further reinforcing the inherent properties of the material involved. Even if that object is the user’s body, let's take for instance Earth Flow see-

“Sensei, question!” A spiky haired kid with sharp eyes raised his hands and yelled passionately. The same one who was banging his head earlier. Ayato thought it was a good thing, not the kid headbutting the desk but students engaging in the lecture were a sign that everything was running smoothly.  “Yes, tell me your name again,” Ayato called upon the student. “It’s Shouya. But it’s not me that has a question it’ the cactus.” Shouya said and reached to his back pulling out a plant. Ayato was taken aback but decided to play along. “Alright, what is the question.” Shouya looked at the cactus and waited for it to say something. When it didn’t the kid shrugged and he let Ayato continue. “Anyhow, black to the Chakra infusion

“Sensei!” Shouya raised his hands again the rest of the class began to chuckle. “What is it now?” Ayato responded with dismay. “The cactus!” Shouya said and pointed to the plant again eagerly waiting for a response. “I can’t believe you embarrassed me again!”  Shouya yelled to the plant and the entire class burst into laughter. “Insolent brat.” Ayato ought to not get annoyed with the kid that was messing with him. The mission clearly stated that no harm was to come to the students under his watch.  And right now he really wanted to shove that cactus down to Shouya’s throat. I’m done trying to win the hearts of those brats. Ayato grew more pissed by the moment and was about to walk out of the class right now. Screw that mission. He would do it if all this didn’t make sense to him. What were the odds for freshman Academy students to pay attention to an unimportant Genin?  No matter how nice the presentation, no matter clearly he spoke. There was part of him that knew he would never succeed trying to win them over.  But being aware had allowed him to prepare for this situation before coming here.

Alright, since you couldn’t care less about theory, then you leave me no choice,” Ayato said and proceeded to pull out an object covered in cloth. As he did the laughter of the students began to quiet down. “Good.” He thought as he began to unbind the cloth revealing a worn out katana with a black sheath. The class seemed to lose interest again as they realized this was a blunt sword from the armory of the Academy.  Ayato had borrowed it when he visited the grounds the day before to be officially assigned on the mission. Again being aware he was bound to fail allowed him to prepare accordingly. The Chakra infusion effect is achieved by utilizing two opposing chakra currents, which are ground against each other in such a manner that they sharpen one another into fine pieces. He would have explained to the students if they let him. He had barely slept the night attempting to learn Chakra infusion himself. 

Unsheathing the blade smoothly, Ayato pointed the tip of the blunted steel towards the wooden ceiling. The chakra traveled to his hand and soon enveloped a field around the sword. Making it look as if the object was absorbing it. This seemed to raise attention among the students.  Ayato confirmed this by looking Shouya expression the kid who played the cactus prank on Ayato.  “Shouya, step away from your desk and bring the cactus here,” Ayato said his tone serious and direct. He wasn’t going to simply brush off the student’s earlier actions for the sake of completing the mission. The kid had to be taught to respect his superiors for his own good.  Make an example out of him for the rest of the class to see.

“But-“ The student attempted to protest. "Now.” Ayato glared at him and Shouya complied.  When Shouya put the cactus on the teacher’s desk Ayato told him to go back to his seat. It felt good to boss the student around after all the one holding the katana bathed in chakra was the one calling the shots. So glowing sword at hand walked a few steps away from the teacher’s desk and stopped when he was about 2 meters away. Taking a deep breath he swung the blade with force at nobody in the form of a horizontal slash. The projectile was unleashed with great speed and when it reached the impact forced the cactus to explode, sending disfigured portions of it flying in all directions. Students were amazed by the display of power, cheering loudly. All except Shouya who had his cactus destroyed. “Never looked a blunted sword look so powerful I bet."” Ayato announced passionately.  "You homework will be feedback from what you've seen today." Ayato said as he dispelled the chakra infusion and put the sword back to the sheath. Ayato wanted to have one of the students wrap it back in cloth and put back it in the armory to spare him the trouble. Shouya preferably. But he didn't trust the little devil or any other kid in class enough to put them up to the task. On the way there a student may try to perform what he just saw and be injured in the process. With the chakra infusion, you can learn to cut clean through trees and even boulders; he was glad he didn't have this slip from his mouth. "You are free to go."  The class was empty in a flash, all the students running off to the yard in order to enjoy their break. Ayato remained there for a few moments, savoring the silence in the classroom before starting to pack up. The students would most likely forget everything they learned today by the next couple of hours, but not Ayato. Someone had told him that to teach is to learn twice. 

[EXIT]
WC - 2555

Claiming - Mission Rewards: 1, 000 Ryo, 3 AP 

Progress towards Chakra Infusion [2000/2000]
Progress towards Rupture [555/3000]
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu