Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Sharingan TrainingToday at 4:14 amKazusa UchihaNew Acquaintances Yesterday at 10:56 pmTori JintaroI'll Spot you! || Open ThreadYesterday at 2:46 pmRyumi HiyuA Late Night DipWed May 15, 2024 11:17 pmJunko TsukikoFar Away Wed May 15, 2024 10:08 pmAmikiri GuhinJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Wed May 15, 2024 7:29 pmJoro ShokkuJoro meeting Sephy!!Wed May 15, 2024 7:20 pmJoro ShokkuMissing Merchant (Mission)Wed May 15, 2024 4:59 amShiru IyasuA Dark Mark, The First or Final?Tue May 14, 2024 10:00 pmDenkiteki1,2, 3....Tue May 14, 2024 9:47 pmSephora Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
36 Posts - 25%
31 Posts - 21%
17 Posts - 12%
14 Posts - 10%
13 Posts - 9%
10 Posts - 7%
9 Posts - 6%
6 Posts - 4%
5 Posts - 3%
5 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Saladin Pendragon
Saladin Pendragon
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 0

When the going gets tough.... Empty When the going gets tough....

Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:44 am
We all have one of those times. The time when the future is uncertain and all paths lead to a dead end, such is life. Of course the only way to get past such times is to push past useless dead end signs and forge one's own path. Such was where Lucian found himself now, a metaphorical fork in the road, well, and a physical one. 

Unfortunately, Lucian had not completely figured out the layout of Hoshigakure, so upon arriving at a fork in the road he hesitated. Oddly the genin did not have his usual puppet following him as he had left it at Wuark's house. And, honestly, he did not need any protection owing to the fact that he had nothing of value on him. Hell, even the clothes on his back were not worth all that much. Nor would anyone want to steal them due to large amount of wear and tear accumulating on them. Such was Lucian's dilemma, he had no money. Sadly, no matter how powerful or mentally adept one was they could get nowhere without money in their pocket; life in a nutshell.

Thus, it was imperative, in his opinion, that he find a source of income. Naturally, he had went from shop to shop looking for work, any kind of work at all to no avail. The people of Hoshigakure were quite prickly to outsiders. 

Yeah, I'll take a left here....That seems like a good idea.

Lucian now found himself with one option left, shinobi missions. The only catching being that villages did not hand out missions to outsiders. So, after some thought Lucian came to the only conclusion available to him, join Hoshigakure. Stranded in a foreign land with no connections or friends he was left with little choice. 

After about half an hour of getting lost down the alleyways and taking more than a few wrong turns here and there Lucian finally made. He now stood outside of the the village academy looking much like a beggar. His once immaculate white tunic reaching to just above his ankles had dirtied with weeks on the road. Even the red undershirt that showed as a high collar and around the wrists looked more brown than red now. Lucian was a mess, but he was also a shinobi.

As chance would have the academy was not in session currently as the students were on their lunch break. However, Lucian had planned it this way. He wanted to talk to the teacher, he or she no doubt had connections who get Lucian admitted as a shinobi of Hoshigakure. The only catch he remembered as he walked through the empty academy was that he had to sell joining Hoshigakure. Oddly, he found he would not have to lie to make a convincing case, it felt natural, like home, almost....almost.

Down the hall...

A large oaken door...

Knock, knock, knock, knock...

It's the future knocking.
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 223500

When the going gets tough.... Empty Re: When the going gets tough....

Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:03 pm
Shina was in the room grading papers, a passtime the jounin would not have usually enjoyed but was grateful for today due to the sweltering heat outside. As she sat back in her chair, idly twirling a pen in her fingers, the kunoichi couldn't help but pity the comrades stuck on gate duty today. Perhaps she'd bring them some chanch later?

A glance out the large square window had her deciding otherwise: maybe some other time.

"Come in." She called out when the knock was heard, making a clatter as she straightened her chair and brought her pen down in an effort to look busy. Den's subordinates were pretty sharp when they needed to be and the dark haired kunoichi had no wish to be cought slacking off.

Last edited by Akihana Akari on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saladin Pendragon
Saladin Pendragon
Citizen

Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:41 pm
Taking his cue, Lucian pushed the door inwards and walked into the paper littered room. So, this was what a office looked like the genin had never seen the inside of one, go figure. Not one to forget his manners Lucian stepped into the office and closed the door behind him. Upon turning around the man moved fluidly into a deep bow. Best make a good impression.

"Good afternoon, my name is Lucian Nazar," He paused here ever so slightly as he rose from his bow: his next words were key in this whole affair, "I am a refugee from Funkagakure and also, first and foremost, a shinobi of that village. Or was anyway. However, I now wish to be as far away as possible from that village. So, I have come here in hopes joining Hoshigakure's ranks."

Pausing once again he allowed that to sink in before continuing

"Naturally I will submit to any tests and answer all questions you no doubt have. I only wish to stay away from all the fighting and violence of the outside world. I am seeking, well, a Haven." Lucian stated matter of factly with a slight shrug.

With that Lucian fell silent. Hopefully this shinobi knew something of the horrors of Funkgakure as that would go a long way to corroborate his story. Either way he was willing to do whatever it took not only because he wished to, but because he needed to.
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen

Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:13 pm
Shina almost jumped out of her chair when Lucian enterred, mistaking him to be yet another spiritually enlightened protester come to steer her away from the evils of shinobi life. He was certainly dressed of the sort. She relaxed however when he bowed, giving him time to explain and the benefit of the doubt.

If he caused any trouble, she could take care of him, though there really was no need for even more conflicts in Hoshigakure between ninja and locals.

"I've never heard of the village you speak of," she admitted honestly. "But surely it cannot be so bad that you wish to abandon it and join another?" Dark eyebrows rose suspiciously at his request. Of course they had a naturalization process, and due to Hoshi's position at the moment, it was not a truly difficult one. But Shina had heard a missing ninja of considerable prowess had intended to infiltrate the city and as a result, the whole force was on watch.

"Could I ask if you came to Hoshi with intentions of serving? If so, there are many other, more established villages. Why not make one of those your home?"
Saladin Pendragon
Saladin Pendragon
Citizen

Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:53 pm
A furrowing of the brow was all the reaction Shina would get from Lucian. Well, he had hoped the shinobi before him would be a bit more worldly, but one did not always get what they wanted. Though, in retrospect perhaps it would be better to give this poor Hoshigakure shinobi a story or two so she understood where he was coming from.

"I see...Funkagakure is a large village situated on a volcanic island off the coast from the land of wind. You should be able to find it in one of your maps." Lucian waved his vaguely at the various books that sat around the room. His voice then took an uncharacteristically sarcastic twist, "And I suppose if you think random killings in the streets and cannibals stalking each alleyway looking for prey is not 'so bad'. Then, yes, Funkagakure is a fine place."

Adding to his act was a slight shrug to accent his words. Honestly he was getting rather annoyed, no, that was not the right word, appalled. Yes, appalled that people did not know the horrors of Funkagakure. He just couldn't understand it. All the same he allowed his words ample time to sink in before he continued.

"As for if I came to Hoshigakure with the intent to join up? I can't say that when I arrived here that this was my intent. However, in observing and interacting with the people here I can see that they are good. Sure, they may squabble a bit from time to time, but they are good people to the core." Lucian said nodding once more to himself than to Shina. "And I figure why go looking for another village when I am in one of the better ones I have ever been in? Why push my luck and miss out on the chance of a lifetime. Life here in Hoshigakure is  going to be interesting in the coming years and I'd like to be a part of it."

Lucian then fell silent. His face devoid of any real emotion save for an easy smile that seemed to fit right into his features. Kind, but serious was how he wanted to come off as. Did he succeed? Time would tell. Perhaps he'd have to perform a test to prove his prowess in the basic shinobi art? He couldn't be certain.
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen

Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:38 am
The mention of killings and man eaters made the kunoichi flinch, if he was indeed telling the truth than Shina couldn't imagine living in a place like that. His invitation to look up Funkagakure on the map was not unwelcomed and the jounin did reach for a book. Not to look up the map though but to look up the name he had given. Lucian Nazar had apparently signed all the right paperwork to enter Hoshi a few weeks ago, she discreetly confirmed as he continued with his story.

"I don't know what to tell you Mr. Nazar." She began carefully, employing her most patient voice. "You have a headband that proves your rank but not your intent. All we have to go on in regards to that is your word. And no offense but you did just mention coming from a particularly disturbing place."

Still, at least he had admitted it, and Shina could give him a chance until she cleared it with the higher ups. "How about we let you do simple missions alongside our own ninja for a while? You will assist them but some of them will also be monitoring you. I'll have to bring this up with my superiors to see if, over time, we can fully grant you the status of a Hoshi ninja." It wasn't much she knew, but it was the best she could do at the time.

"If you agree to these terms, I have some papers you can fill out about ranks, abilities and mission preferences, all standard stuff we give our fresh graduates," she'd offer, extending a thin folder full of forms towards him.
Saladin Pendragon
Saladin Pendragon
Citizen

Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:25 am
Lucian nodded along with Shina. Her reaction was not unexpected. In fact, he was almost surprised at how she acted after hearing the horrors of Funkagakure. Then, at last, came the decision: missions, he could do missions. Now that was reasonable and was the most the genin could ask for. Perhaps were he a more ambitious man he would have pushed his luck further and asked for greater freedoms. However, he was not, he remained level headed.

Thus, with a half bow he accepted the folder Shina offered him. A bit of information would not hurt here and there. He was fully aware what he request would entail and all the procedures he would no doubt have to go through. Were he in a different village he may have simply been deported. Though, Hoshigakure was different or it seemed as such.

"That sounds perfectly reasonable to me ma'am," Replied Lucian as he thumbed through the folder she had given him. "Is there anything else you require of me?"

Now was not the time for words. No, the genin knew now was the time to shut up and listen. Too often people did not realize such a fact, Lucian did and he would keep his words short and speeches concise.
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen

Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:04 am
"Yes, one more thing." She answered, her fears placated for now seeing as this monk ninja wasn't particularly demanding. "You'll need to turn in your original headband. We'll issue you a Hoshi variant once your paperwork is processed but in the mean time, you're a civillian of the city." With that, she would indicate a paper tray on the desk, gesturing for him to remove and deposit his headband there.

If Lucian would comply, she would offer him the pen she'd been twirling earlier before offering him a small smile. "I'm Shina, Jounin of Hoshigakure. I'll most likely be the one overseeing your progress. Welcome to the force, I guess."

With that, she would motion to the nearest seat. "Go ahead and fill out the forms and if all looks good, you'll have a Hoshi headband by the end of the week."
Saladin Pendragon
Saladin Pendragon
Citizen

Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:08 pm
There was always 'one more thing', but, once again, he was not surprised at Shina's request. It was only natural that he would have to give up his connections to Funkagakure to even be considered for admittance into another village. Ultimately Lucian was fine with such a request. He did not spend much time in Funkagakure nor did he owe it any real allegiance. Hell, he had not even talked to or seen a single high ranking shinobi in the village in his entire life.

"It is nice to meet you Shina," Lucian said with a shallow bow, removing his headband from around his neck he continued. "You will have nothing to worry about if you do become my overseer."

At this point the genin took the pen from Shina and placed the headband of Funkagakure in the tray. The dull headband looked odd there, like some artifact of a bygone age. Perhaps it would be better this way?

"Alright, just give me a bit and I'll get this all filled out." Lucian replied before falling silent and flipping through the documents.

It was here that Lucian discovered a unique hate for paperwork. Some questions were expected, name, specialities, reason for joining and history. Though some did seem a bit invasive. However, he responded to them all the same. He had nothing to hide nor skeletons to dig up. He had nothing to fear.

After about twenty minutes of scribbling and considering his life story, Lucian closed the folder. Nodding once he turned back to Shina and held out the folder for her. Yes, paperwork was a pain. No way around that fact of life.

"I think that is about everything, I included in there that I am currently staying with a civilian here in Hoshigakure. Otherwise everything else should be in order." Lucian would say after Shina took the folder. Moving his hands behind his back he waited for a response of some sort.
Akihana Akari
Akihana Akari
Citizen

Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:20 pm
Receiving the folder, the fuin user placed it on her desk. There will be plenty of time to go through it once Lucian left

"Alright then, good luck. We'll get in touch with you once the case is approved. We'll drop you a mail at the address listed in here with your approval as well as your new headband."

With that, Shina would give the genin a slight wave goodbye.

(Exiting, granting Lucian Hoshigakure genin status)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum