Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
New Acquaintances Today at 4:58 pmCiel UchihaA meeting most unusualToday at 4:22 pmIzu MomochiFar Away Today at 3:33 pmReitenFrom the SidelinesToday at 5:06 amKenchiVoices in the GardenToday at 12:41 amShiru IyasuA meet in HoshiYesterday at 4:02 pmMizaki HyuugaTeam 1!Yesterday at 3:54 pmMizaki HyuugaGrowing TalesYesterday at 3:32 pmAkira NamikazeTori Jintaro [Mission Record]Yesterday at 3:03 pmTori JintaroLate Night OutYesterday at 12:25 pmRen Kurosawa
Top posting users this month
29 Posts - 27%
25 Posts - 24%
11 Posts - 10%
10 Posts - 9%
8 Posts - 8%
6 Posts - 6%
6 Posts - 6%
4 Posts - 4%
4 Posts - 4%
3 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Takeshiyama
Mission Record : Mission Log
Remove Taijutsu Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Taijutsu
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 78125

Taking care of more business (youka/Maku mission) Empty Taking care of more business (youka/Maku mission)

Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:25 pm
http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/t21009-go-on-a-monster-huntiwagakure

Maku was still excited about all the ryo in his pocket.  He could confidently say this was the most money he had ever had at one time.  Which was both exciting and a little sad.  Taking the final mission paper from his table in his rented flat, he left the house.  He was going to find Youka, and head out on this last mission.  It was a simple one.  Find a big monster kill it and bring its body back.  Not really much thrill there, unless it turned out to be a beast of a monster.  But even then Maku was confident that his genjutsu would prevent it from ever being much of a challenge.  With Youka’s help it would be even easier.  Making his way to the middle of town, he sent a note with some kid to find a red haired smiling priest.  Hopefully the lad would be quick about it.  It was getting close to the time to leave the village.  Though this mercenary thing had ended up working out rather nicely.  Perhaps if they sent some notices out to other villages, they could get the same gig in other places. Having a seat on a bench he would wait for Youka here.

While waiting he considered what their next move should be.  He really liked Echo and after reading his book, he found the man very interesting.  He would seriously have to consider setting up a long term deal if these things worked out.  If this final mission went well then he would seek another audience with him and see what they could do.  He knew Iwagakure was hurting for strong ninja, so he should be open to the idea of mercenaries on call.  After all if there was Ryo to be made, Maku didn’t mind getting his hands a little dirty.  Well, as long as the money was right.  Maku was a logical kind of guy, even if he did make rash decisions sometimes.  If he had to kill, there just better be a good enough reward when it comes to it.  Looking from side to side, he still didn’t see Youka coming, so he pulled out his harmonica and started singing a blues song.  Maku was proud of his voice, so he sang loudly and confidently, after all he had nothing to be ashamed of.  He had performed a full concert for his first mission so a little singing in the park should be no problem.  While he played and sang he read the rest of the notes detailing out the mission.   The beast was going to most likely be located in the mountains just like the mission the other day.  To bad he didn’t know about it then.  And the beast was the result of some kind of experiment with a ninja hound from the Inuzuka clan.  So a ninja dog that has been mutated to be even stronger.  Great that was just the kind of last mission he wanted to do.  Looking to the left, he thought he saw Youka coming, so he finished his song and stood up and waited on his friend.

(WC = 522)
Youka
Youka
Citizen
Stat Page : The Plague
Remove Iryōjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 134237

Taking care of more business (youka/Maku mission) Empty Re: Taking care of more business (youka/Maku mission)

Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:18 pm
Appearing in the distance Youka was strolling up towards Maku, he didn't see the boy at first he could only hear his music being played. That was one way to find his friend he was always playing the harmonica and very well Youka might add. He had been caught in one of the boys jutsu from that harmonica when they first met and now they were traveling together as equals. "Hey Kani i'm here" he would say waving in the boys direction picking up his pace to reach him.

Their time together was pretty fun and they had already been through a lot together from almost dying in Konoha to..ok well yea they had only almost died in Konoha. This was their last mission on the list they were given to do by Echo. It was supposed to be tough but he didn't really see it being anything that the two of them couldn't handle together. "So are you ready to leave and start this mission, I want to get it out of the way so we can ask for more jobs and money, honestly I think we do more work for his village than his actual ninja do" Youka would say out loud in a mater of fact way.

He would start walking away going for the area where the beast was supposedly at, his body was already tensing waiting for the moment where he could let loose and kill something. Maku had been a saving grace for Youka though always telling him to calm down or pulling him out of dangerous situations. He was really happy to have the boy with him other wise Youka would have snapped when he fought Kenzo more than likely getting himself killed in the process.

"So what are you thinking we do with this mission anyway, I think if it's just a mindless beast the simple smash and crash tactic will do just fine". Youka didn't want to spend too much extra time on this mission because it should be a piece of cake and over in a minute of them running into the monstrosity that was running wild. Youka had began running at this point he knew Maku would be right beside him without even having to look over. He hoped after this they would get some recognition to their names for being mercenaries and a little bit more renown. He didn't mind having people looking for him either. They would be able to take on anything that came their way, but he brushed that away to the side for now he just needed to get this last mission done collect his money and ask for more.

That was how Maku and himself would have to do it, they needed to out perform the village nin to show the leader that they were worth every bit as much as those lazy bums were. He hadn't seen one of them turn in or pick up a mission since he had been there and Maku and himself had run through them all within days of being there. Echo wold have to see that they were worth their salt.
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Taking care of more business (youka/Maku mission) Empty Re: Taking care of more business (youka/Maku mission)

Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:57 pm

Seeing Youka walking up, he cut off the song and watched as the man approached.  He relied the simple information, and listened to Youka's questions.  "Yea, I’m sure it’s just some beast.  I think it’d be mindless enough, as long as it’s mammalian, I can trap it in a genjutsu, thus allowing you to do the deed.  Simple quick and clean, that’s the way I want to finish this."  Is what Maku would say as they began to run out of the village.  It was a refreshing run, a nice evening.  It was not a foreshadowing moment, considering they were on their way to slay a monster.  But for now the sun shined down on their faces, and the wind blew their hair out of their faces in a gently warm sort of way.  Once they were outside of town, Maku reflected on what a pair they made.  Honestly they had neither seen the extent of the others abilities, but they already seemed to have a high level of mutual respect and trust.  Maku knew that Youka could handle about anything and Maku figured Youka felt the same way about him as well.  “So I wonder where we should head next when this is all over.  I hear the Snow country is nice this time of year.  Or maybe the Islands?”  Maku had originally wanted to return to Takigakure, but there wasn’t really a reason to at the moment.  Right now, it was more important to complete missions and make ryo.  Perhaps they would be able to purchase a base of operations of their own, on then not have to worry about entering into all these villages all the time.  All the same, he needed to focus.  They did have a job to do after all.  Kill a monster, and get paid, a simply enough arrangement if truth be told. 

At this point they were already making their way into the mountains again.  No obvious signs of the beast could be noted yet.  Maku wasn’t sure if he would be able to sense the beast with his chakra senses or not.  If it was completely mindless, then there would be a signature, but not one that would be obvious.  He might end up just chasing lizards.  All the same it was worth a try.  Closing his eyes, he threw out his senses.  Covering a full 100 meters solid, he focused.  Although nothing really could be deemed from it.  The only signature that was obvious was the one standing next to him in Youka.  Deciding to do this the old fashioned way, he trusted Youka would be following behind him while they chased around using their eyes to find the best.  After running for a while, Maku discovered their first clue.  A farmhouse maybe?  Or just someones live stock.  Whatever it was, they stumbled upon a bunch of sheep, mutilated and tore apart.  The stink was impressive, and mostly due to the heat of the day, already the corpses where bloating from the CO2 and methane being released in their decaying bodies.  Looking around he would ask Youka.  “Well what do you think our next move should be?  Obviously we must be heading in the right direction, though I am sure we will be a bit more of a challenge than a bunch of sheep.”

(WC total up to this point = 1601)

Youka
Youka
Citizen

Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:57 pm
"Genjutsu and I smash it huh, just like last time with the ninja in the mountains, that's fine with me, it works rather well if I do say so myself" he would reply to Maku as they continued their run to track this beast down. "We honestly can go wherever you would like my friend I still remember you saying you would like to visit your old home, is that still on the table" he would ask. He didn't want Maku to put off meeting his leader again for any ill reasons. "I would still like to keep this village though as a place we can come back to, the leader here has treated us rather well all things included we should return the favor". Youka thought a little more before continuing talking, "the islands do seem nice though I would love to see them and the wonderful sights they would have to offer".

As they came on a farm house Maku took point to check the surroundings while Youka sent out his senses to see if anything large was in the area, he blocked out Maku and only could sense small creatures or so he thought but nothing else. As Youka came to where Maku was there were dead animal laying everywhere,whatever had done this would indeed make a worth kill for the both of the men. The smell coming off from the dead beasts was disgusting and if Youka had a gag reflex it would be kicking in right now but instead he just walked past it all.

Maku had asked what their next action would be but Youka had already decided he would take point the rest of the way till they found the beast. Tracking things without chakra was fun and Youka was up to the task. He studied the ground as he ran forward making sure not to miss any more clues on where the beast was headed. As they both moved forward Youka saw blood smeared on a nearby tree and a few bushes he would point accordingly at them without stopping his movements. "We're going in the right direction" he would say over the mark to ensure they weren't heard talking.

Whatever this beast was it was pretty large the prints that it left were a meter in width and length, this could prove to be a very interesting kill. Youka would point as well down towards the prints as he ran by them giving Maku non verbal signs on what they were about to face. From the tracks it looked like it could be a mountain lion except maybe modified it had tracks like a bear yet still more refined.

Reaching a clearing path up the mountain side there were bones littered everywhere with half chewn meat still on them and it smelling like a killing ground. Youka felt like he had walked them into a horror movie from the scene that was playing out in front of him. "Maku, I'm going to draw it out you stay here and wait till you see the beast before you act". Without giving the boy a chance to reply he would run full speed into the middle of the clearing kicking bones and shouting at the top of his lungs clapping his hands together causing a rukus. Ah what joy it was to just wing a plan and go crazy, he knew Maku would more than likely have something to say about this if they didn't die. Youka would have to apologize to the boy as well but just chalk it up to having a good time, but if they died....well at least they had all eternity together then.

(WC now is 2218)
Takeshiyama
Takeshiyama
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Vagabond (B-Rank)
Survived 2021

Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:25 am
“The Waterfall is still an option my friend, I just think we may have out grew its usefulness. My original purpose of going there was to obtain some kind of base of operations, however now we seem to have one here.”  It was true that he had originally wanted to return home, however now it didn’t mean as much.  He had a home in the wilderness, and this priest was his village mate.  He was pleased that his friend had the same line of thinking as he did.  Even if they were to create a home in the borders, Maku hoped that it would be, at the Iwagakure borders.  Echo had been very generous to them, and he wanted to repay the favor.  A strong patron was always worth having and this Echo seemed to be about one of the strongest that they could ask for.  Maku was also glad that his friend wanted to see the islands.  Maku had always heard they were beautiful; however they were allies to Takigakure, so Maku would have to be careful should they go there.  Or at least keep his identity secure, which shouldn’t be a problem since that’s what he was always doing anyway. 

Youka had taken point and was doing an excellent job.  In moments hey had discovered tracks and blood smears.  Clearly they had the correct heading and where moving in the correct direction.  Youka had been giving him signals, and Maku was following them to the T.  He didn’t mind sitting back and letting others take the lead.  In  fact that seemed to be one of the best things about their partnership.  One moment he was taking the lead, giving directions, and then in the very next moment it was Youka.  They moved seamlessly transitioning between the roles.  If they did find someone else to join their group, they’d have to make sure they could fit in, and not mess with their chemistry.  Though Maku was sure, that him and Youka could handle about anything life could throw at them.  Looking down at the tracks it seemed cat like, but way to huge.  Whatever it was, it would be the find of a life time, well a kill of a life time.  Maybe, they should take up hunting as a hobby.  Well, maybe if they hunted other ninja, Maku seriously doubted this beast would be much of a challenge when they found it.  Surely the foreplay was the most exciting thing about this hunt.

Just as they came to a bit of a clearing with bones all around, Youka did something Maku wouldn’t have expected.  He ran out and made noise, clearly trying to get the beast to rush out.  Maku reflected that eventually the two of them were going to have to have a talk.  He had the feeling they kept surprising each other.  While both of them could have their serious moments, both also were reckless.  Though thankfully they always seemed to do it at opposite times.  But once again maybe that was the best part of their partnership.  It was a constant yin tang partnership.  Perfect balance.  They should probably try to work on a collaborative jutsu or something.  Just as he was thinking this, Maku saw the beast lunge out of the brush straight towards Youka.  It was huge, looking slightly like a cat, but also canine like.  The closest thing that Maku could link it to was a beast from the Inuzuka clan, only this one was on steroids.  Maku knew that Youka was going to hate him for this, but he couldn’t resist, after all he had let Youka take the kill on the last mission, it was his turn by rights.  Besides genjutsu could be such a boring way to win sometimes. 

Using the body flicker technique, Maku would appear a meter  infront of the beast, but to the side.  It would be unable to react to his movements, and as its flank passed Maku, he would throw out his fist, hard and fast surely damaging internal organs.  The beast would be launched to the side, and Maku would be on top of it.  Slamming another punch down, with his full strength he would feel as the spinal cord snapped like a twig beneath his fist.  Grabbing the beasts jaws one in each hand, Maku would pull them apart, completely shattering the beasts jaw, and snapping its neck.  Letting the great head fall to the ground, Maku would walk over to Youka who would surely be a little miffed about it.  “Sorry my friend, but I just needed that besides you got the last one.”  Patting his friend on the shoulder, he would head back to the village to file the report.  “The least I can do is fill out the paper work for you, Ill meet you in the village sometime soon and maybe we can meet with Echo together and see what our next move is.”  He would say it over the telepathic mark.  Overall Iwa had turned out to be very financially supportive, hopefully this mercenary job could last a bit longer and line his wallet just a bit more.
(Total WC = 3079)
Echo Uchiha
Echo Uchiha
Citizen
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ryo : 49110

Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:27 am
Approved.
Youka
Youka
Citizen

Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:41 am
"Well I'll be damned" was all Youka would get out before he sat and watched Maku beat the living shit out of the beast that had tried to attack him. Maku casually got up and walked away patting Youka on the shoulders, this was awkward Maku just left. "That bastard, now I have to carry this body back" Youka sighed as he heaved the dead creatures body over his shoulder with blood still dripping from it's mouth from it's broken jaw. Youka mumbled curse words at Maku for leaving him "Douche...."

(exit)
(TWC 3171)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum