Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Team 1!Today at 2:31 amJoro ShokkuWhat will become of us?Today at 1:36 amKutari UchihaBrutalityToday at 1:23 amTori JintaroBroken pieces of the past burn brightlyToday at 1:06 amAkira NamikazeSilver Lining [Training] [Private] Today at 12:55 amAzuki ShinodaFar Away Yesterday at 10:02 pmAmikiri GuhinGenin Gear Up !Yesterday at 7:04 pmTalon TauHere We GoYesterday at 2:32 pmAyato HyuugaLife is a HighwayYesterday at 2:32 pmAyato HyuugaTaking Down the Mob in Hoshi!!Yesterday at 2:32 pmAmikiri Guhin
Top posting users this month
261 Posts - 42%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
37 Posts - 6%
37 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Nenra
Nenra
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Vagabond (D-Rank)
Stat Page : The Drifter
Remove Iryōjutsu Bukijutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Vagabonds
Ryo : 500

The Old Crone and the Statue [P, Mission] Empty The Old Crone and the Statue [P, Mission]

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:20 am
Mission being done
Spoiler:

“That’s right, sir! Only 100000 ryo!”

The old woman sat at a cloth near her stand, smiling unassumingly at the man. The man’s mouth was agape. 100000 ryo for a golden statue with diamond-set eyes. A statue that, by the look of it, was worth a small country.

It almost seemed too good to be true.

After a few seconds, the man regained his composure. He now suspiciously eyed the old crone. The old woman seemed honest and kind, but the man knew how looks could be deceiving. He’d been around the block and knew when to be careful for a scam.
If the deal was genuine, however, he would be one of the richest men in the fire country.

“How come you’re selling it for such a price?”, he asked plainly. He would try judging the validity of this story and scan for details that would give away any malicious intent. At the question, the woman’s smile faded for a moment. There was a visible twinge of embarrassment as she looked away. Embarrassment and…. Fear…..

“Got you now…”, the man thought.

“It’s a…. a bit of an embarrassing thing to say. I don’t want you to think I’m some senile old fool.”, the woman said with a slight stammer.

“Well, you’re the one trying to sell it.”, the man replied.

“I suppose you’re right… Well, the thing is…. This statue is cursed to me.”

At hearing this, the man stepped back and stifled a laughter. He wasn’t usually this rude, but the ludicrousness of this claim took him by surprise and sweeped his manners clean off the table.

“That’s right. I knew you’d laugh. This darn statue has never brought me any trouble.”

By now, the man had regained his composure once again. “I….. ehm…. Care to elaborate further?” Right now it seemed less and less like a scam and more like some confused or superstitious old woman who didn’t know what she was doing.

The old hag sighed. “My late husband found this statue in a burnt-out temple during his travels. He knew right away that it was valuable beyond anything we had ever seen. So he took it with him. Our plan was to keep it hidden until our son became old enough and use the money to send him to the ninja academy.” Her voice trailed off, no doubt being reminded of better times. “Losing my husband to the illness that followed us from that wretched temple was bad enough. He passed away in his sleep after a fever that lasted for weeks. But then, whatever wretched force followed us from that temple took my son. And…”

A silence fell. The old woman stared at the ground. The temperature seemed to have dropped. The man, despite his earlier smugness, felt suddenly sorry for everything this woman had to have experienced. It was probably just plain old bad luck rather than some cursed statue, but it was tragic all the same.

“I’m asking enough money to live out the rest of my humble life comfortably. If you’re willing to risk the curse, selling this statue to the right person will make you very rich.”

The man thought it over for a while. The woman’s tale had touched him. Right now, it felt like he’d be doing her a favour by taking it off her and giving her a small pension in the process.

It was a strange mix of good intentions and old fashioned greed.

“Fine.” He placed a good stack of ryo in the woman’s lap and picked up the statue. It felt heavy in his hands. Far too heavy for the thing to be hollow. “Heheh… Jackpot. I’m rich!”, the man thought. Now in a state of absolute euphoria, he bowed at the woman. “Pleasure doing business with you!” And with that, he was off to show his buddies at the bar his newest find.

The old woman rose from her stand and, walking stick in hand, carefully walked down the street and out of the small settlement. Her tired head was stooped low, concealing her wry little smile. Once she was well out of sight of the settlement, she brought her wrinkly hands together and…

"Kai!"

The woman was enveloped in a puff of smoke. When it had dissipated, a far younger individual with curly brown hair, sunglasses and a red travel coat stood in the place where the crone had just been. Satisfied with himself, he admired the stack of ryo he had retrieved from the man while leisurely throwing it a foot into the air and catching it again.

His clients would finally get their money back. As for the man, he had fallen for some old rock statue and some gold paint. Yazui could only imagine the look on his face as he would try selling the thing.

“Mission complete…”

AP Cost
Spoiler:

WC: 809
Claiming 1000 ryo and 5 AP mission rewards

Claiming +8 vigor stat

818 words put towards Genjutsu Binding (818/1500)
Fu
Fu
Jounin
Jounin
Stat Page : Fu's Fat Stats
Familiar : Archie the Bear
Remove Remove Remove Bukijutsu Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 176650

The Old Crone and the Statue [P, Mission] Empty Re: The Old Crone and the Statue [P, Mission]

Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:56 am
Approved
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum