Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Silver Lining [Training] [Private] Today at 4:14 amKiko TsukikoMerchant MonsterToday at 1:51 amHebiishi OrochiAqueous Transmission Today at 12:14 amKayori HatakeLife is a HighwayYesterday at 7:11 pmMegami KuogaBreakaway (exit)Yesterday at 5:15 pmAkki SenjuSomewhere Out There Yesterday at 3:15 pmGoto SenjuWorking With a New Friend!Yesterday at 3:54 amKayori HatakeA Ghost! Where?Yesterday at 3:01 amKayori HatakeJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Yesterday at 1:53 amJoro ShokkuFirst SessionYesterday at 1:41 amKayori Hatake
Top posting users this month
248 Posts - 41%
87 Posts - 14%
69 Posts - 11%
44 Posts - 7%
36 Posts - 6%
36 Posts - 6%
26 Posts - 4%
24 Posts - 4%
20 Posts - 3%
18 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Sekizawa Senju
Sekizawa Senju
Citizen
Stat Page : Sekizawa Senju
Remove Remove Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 1500

The Ashes of Old [IO] Empty The Ashes of Old [IO]

Tue May 11, 2021 2:38 am
[Mission: Guarding an Outpost]

'It's been so long since I last saw him.' Sekizawa realized as he jogged up to the doorway of Anaphiel Hidemori - A friend of his, or at least as close to one that Sekizawa had in Kumogakure. Though he would loathe to admit it, Sekizawa felt he was coming after a ghost. After several months of isolation, it was hard to even believe that Anaphiel was still real behind the door of his home. Having never lost someone important, Sekizawa was at a loss for how to feel - it was hard to sympathize with something you'd never felt before. The thought of seeing his friend again nearly made Sekizawa dizzy with excitement and frustration. He knew what had happed to make him shut the outside world out, but would Sekizawa's encouragement be enough to snap him out of it? With these thoughts roiling in his head, Sekizawa knocked loudly on the door, curling his hand into a tight ball after making such a racket. "Anaphiel? Are you home?" He exclaimed, hoping Anaphiel could hear him clearly. "It's Sekizawa - Sekizawa Senju, I'm hoping we can sit down and talk if you want."

Awaiting Anaphiel, Sekizawa fiddled with his headband for a brief moment before a sudden realization popped into his head. 'Anaphiel has never seen me with my headband on.' Taking another look at the nearly mirror-like sheen of the crest on his headband, he realized just how far he had come in a few months. This made him smile and relax his shoulders slightly, the certainty that he could help his friend now lodged firmly in his brain.

WC: 268

Last edited by Sekizawa Senju on Tue May 11, 2021 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added stats and mission + WC at end)
Anaphiel Hidemori
Anaphiel Hidemori
Citizen
Stat Page : Stat Page
Clan Specialty : Sensory
Ryo : 42750

The Ashes of Old [IO] Empty Re: The Ashes of Old [IO]

Tue May 11, 2021 12:13 pm
Eight months. That was how long it’d been since he’d received the news. News that both his mother and father back in Konohagakure were killed. Anaphiel did not have any of the details behind what happened, only that it had taken place, and he was crushed. The last time he had seen his parents had not been a happy time; the Hidemori Chuunin and his sister had left Konoha with a few others of their clan and it was against their clan and family’s wishes. He had many fights with his parents prior to it happening, so anger had hung like a cloud between them prior to his exodus from his previous life. That was not to say he did not love his parents, far from it. He loved his clan and his family with all of his heart, but some wounds take longer to heal than others, and some of the words said during their fights had been particularly poignant. Sadly he would never get to mend that fence, and the lack of closure was what broke him. He was second-guessing himself now at almost every turn. Should he have written to them, gone back to visit in secret. The questions raged around in his mind like a maelstrom threatening to drown him in misery. Not even his interests gave him joie de vivre anymore, to the point where he couldn’t even summon the will to spend time in Rayoralia, which was the closest thing he had to a child.

The only thing that had kept him sane up until this point was his sister, unfortunately even her resolute demeanor was beginning to show cracks. She had held up for the both of them the entire time; it was selfish of him to indulge to the degree that he’d been doing and it wasn’t fair to her. She wasn’t home at the moment, she had started leaving more and more, for longer periods of time. Not that Anaphiel had really noticed, the stupor he found himself in had caused his wits to dull and he’d become less observant of his surroundings.

He was shaken out of his melancholy by a knock at the door, or rather someone hammering on the door. He was about to shout out for the person to go away when a voice from the other side of the door gave him pause. It was a voice he recognized; Sekizawa Senju, a voice from his past. ‘Weren’t they from Konoha…what are they doing here in Kumo..’ The thought has passed through his brain as he slowly made his way to the door. Normally at this point Anaphiel would have told whoever it was to leave him alone, but Sekizawa was a good kid, and he’d taken a liking to him back in the Village Hidden in the Leaves. The Hidemori Chuunin reached the door and opened it slowly, about halfway, and looked down at the Genin from Kono.

Anaphiel looked like a mess; his hair was disheveled and much longer than it had any right to be. His beard and moustache, normally very well kept and trimmed close to his face, was a wild mane that refused to be tamed. He was wearing a house robe that was definitely not the cleanest, and it was very apparent that the Hidemori Chuunin was not looking after himself as he should. Were he more aware of himself, he would feel bad for the boy, and would be very embarrassed that he’d even come to the door looking the way he did.

Sekizawa Senju was exactly as he’d remembered him, completely forgetting that he’d seen him at least once when he first arrived at Kumo, that was how out of it he was lately. Anyways, if anything the boy had grown another inch or two since Kono. It made sense, he was in the prime of his youth, and it’s what happened to him at that age. The only major difference was that his friend now wore a Kumo Hitai-Ate, making him part of the village now rather than an outsider seeking refuge. Like someone else he knew, a long time ago. With a grunt, Anaphiel opened the door wider to allow the Senju Genin inside and shuffled back to the kitchen to put some water on to boil.

WC: 720
Sekizawa Senju
Sekizawa Senju
Citizen

Tue May 11, 2021 4:15 pm
Sekizawa was shocked to see Anaphiel in the state he was. The memories of Anaphiel and his well-kept hair and beard were far too potent to imagine him in such a state. Though it had only been eight months, Sekizawa thought that Anaphiel would be back to his old stoic self - However, it seemed that Anaphiel was truly trapped in whatever slump he had found himself in. Sekizawa could see the slump of his shoulders, the clear signs of depression and regret. It hung like a cloud over Anaphiels head, nearly visible in the shade of the doorway. Truthfully, Sekizawa could never imagine that Anaphiel would be so down in the dumps, and he felt sorry for him - truly, genuinely sorry. If only he had known the state Anaphiel was in, he would have come far, far sooner - perhaps he could have helped get him back to his old self months ago. The thought hung in Sekizawas head for a few brief moments the dishevelled Anaphiel gazed down at him. Sekizawa was sure the face he was making was something akin to shock mixed with disappointment - in himself more than anything. It didn't last long, however, as a smile overcame the grim expression on Sekizawa's face. "It's a pleasure to see you again, Anaphiel."

Sekizawa was pleased to hear the 'come on in' disguised as a grunt and followed the tortured frame of his friend inside. He took a look at Anaphiels home. Sekizawa was surprised at what he saw - it wasn't as messy as Anaphiel was. He had expected that, given Anaphiels state, it would have been a depression mess of the highest magnitude. Then, a smile crossed Sekizawas lips. He remembered Anaphiels sister, Telantes, and attributed the state of the home to her. "Is your sister home?" Sekizawa asked as he stepped into the kitchen. With the kettle put on the stove, Sekizawa saw no reason not to strike up a conversation. "How is she doing?" He asked, beginning with small talk before popping his actual question. Standing at the counter, he again looked at his surroundings, taking everything in before asking yet another question. "How have you been doing?". Sekizawa's concern was palpable, it was clear that he cared deeply about Anaphiels well-being. It was nearly painful to see Anaphiel in this state, and Sekizawa was determined to snap him out of it.

"I don't mean to be hasty" Sekizawa admitted "And I understand if you say no - but I have an offer for you." Reaching into his pocket, Sekizawa pulled out a neatly folded paper - A mission paper. "I would like you to accompany me to guard the black forest outpost - if you feel up to it, of course." He said, placing the paper on the counter in front of Anaphiel, the mark of Kumogakure clearly stamped on the parchment. "I think it would be good for you." He stated, "There are people who care about you - including me - and we all want you to be okay. That's why I want you to come with me." He admitted, placing a hand gently on Anaphiels shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "If there is anything you want to talk about or anything you need from me, we can always talk. Even if it's nothing big! At the very least, if there's nothing I can do, I can always stay for tea and listen." Sekizawa beamed, eagerly awaiting Anaphiels response.

WC: 572
Anaphiel Hidemori
Anaphiel Hidemori
Citizen

Wed May 12, 2021 12:14 am
The look on his friend’s face as he had soaked in Anaphiel’s initial appearance hurt. The mixture of sadness and what could almost be called revulsion. It stung, but the Hidemori Chuunin couldn’t blame him; his appearance matched how he felt, wretched. The boy’s face changed pretty quick, trying to make the best of the situation with a smile. The attempt was appreciated, even if Anaphiel wasn’t entirely convinced. He acknowledged Sekizawa’s greeting with a grunt, different tone from the first one.

As much as he didn’t really want company right now, there was only really a few people that wasn’t his sister that he would begrudgingly admit he would like to see. Sekizawa was one of them, and it was nice to have someone else around from time to time. The other was the person who’d given him his unofficial nickname, much as he disliked it. Beanstalk was not a very flattering name to be called.

He grumbled to himself a little as he put water in the kettle and put it on top of the stove to heat up. As soon as the kettle touched the heat, the young Senju started talking, asking him about his sister and how the two of them had been doing. The Hidemori Chuunin couldn’t help but sigh at this point. He had been hoping to get through the visit without actually needing to be vocal, but that appeared to no longer be the case. He walked over to the fridge, pulled out a pitcher of water and poured himself a small glass and took a couple sips before saying “She is not home right now.” His voice had a bit of a raspy quality to it, as if his throat was a tad raw. “She is doing better than I have been, I can say that much.” Though to be fair, he hadn’t really given her the choice to break down like he had; someone in their family had to hold it together. He put the pitcher back in the fridge and put the glass by the sink, having finished the water.

I’ve…” he started, then gestured to himself, “…been better.” He sighed again, melancholy was the theme of the day it seemed, like how most of his days have been lately. He may as well be upfront with Sekizawa; you didn’t have to be a sensory master to pick up the emotions that the young Genin was giving off. He wore his heart on his sleeve, and the concern and empathy he all but radiated for his friend was touching. “I’m normally much more composed than this, but the passing of my parents has taken more of a toll on me physically and mentally than I’d anticipated.

His story had been interrupted by the whistling of the kettle, so he got up and pulled it off the stove. He then pulled down a pair of mugs, grabbed a small tray from a shelf containing an assortment of tea bags, and placed them with the kettle on the table. He grabbed a bag of chamomile and placed that in the mug, pouring water over top of it to allow the tea to steep. “Help yourself,” he would say to his friend, gesturing at the tray. It was at that point that Sekizawa got to the actual reason for him showing up; he wanted the Hidemori to accompany him on a mission he had been assigned. The mission was to stand watch at the outpost located in the remains of the Black Forest. Sekizawa also expressed his concerns about Anaphiel’s state of mind at this point and his desire to assist. The Hidemori Chuunin appreciated the gesture, but was inclined to decline his invitation when he remembered something.

Normally this mission would be assigned at the very least to either a full squad of Genin or at least a pair led by a Chuunin. “I take it you do not have anyone else assigned to go with you?” he would ask the Senju Genin. When the answer he’d expected (no) came out, Anaphiel sighed again. It would seem that his answer had already been decided for him. “Alright, I will accompany you,” he said in a resigned tone of voice. “I will need about fifteen minutes before we leave. Excuse me while I go get cleaned up. Feel free to wait here.” With that, Anaphiel would get up from the table and make his way upstairs.

His house robe would go in the laundry bin to be dealt with later. Ten of the minutes he had asked for were spent in the shower, vigorously cleaning himself off. He’d done his body a disservice, mistreating it these past months. The last thing he did in the shower was pour cold water on top of himself to jolt him from his more passive state. The shock of cold elicited a hiss from his lips as he got out of the shower and dried himself off. Luckily for him, his normal attire was clean and hanging up in his closet, courtesy of Telantes. ‘I really have to thank her for looking after me…’ he thought to himself as he got dressed and properly equipped for the mission at hand. Exactly fifteen minutes later he was walking back down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Anaphiel walked over to the table, placed a hand on Sekizawa’s shoulder and said “thank you,” before picking up his mug, drinking half of the semi-warm tea and emptying the rest in the sink. “Let’s get moving then,” he would say to his friend, making his way over to the front door, opening it, and heading outside, closing it once Sekizawa had left as well.

WC: 953
TWC: 1673
Sekizawa Senju
Sekizawa Senju
Citizen

Wed May 12, 2021 6:04 pm
Sekizawa could tell that Anaphiel was hurt, both by his inner demons and the face he made upon seeing him. He could also tell by the grunt that Anaphiel wasn't quite keen on having company over at this moment. Unfortunately for Anaphiel, however, Sekizawa wasn't going to let him get off that easy. He had followed him through to the house, taking in the state of his abode, all the while asking his friend questions. It was all a part of his master plan! - And he really needed someone to accompany him to the outpost. Of course, he wouldn't just allow anyone to come. Still being a relative outsider, Sekizawa found it comforting to ask the only person he really knew in the city to accompany him. He had hoped things would go his way, and for the most part, he was correct.

The pair sat around the kettle and talked, filling the time it would take for the kettle to burn with the conversation about the state of Anaphiel and his sister. He was disappointed that Telantes wasn't home - after all, they had always got along swimmingly - but he remained focused on Anaphiel, listening intently to what he had to say. The raspy tinge in his voice was new, but not offputting. Finding it rather charming, Sekizawa's face sprouted a contented grin and listened further.

The state of his sister was reassuring, at least one of the pair seemed to land on their feet after what had happened. Sekizawa was certain that given the situation Anaphiel was in, they wouldn't be too different. Hearing how Anaphiel was handling it in contrast to his sister was certainly a surprise. Of the two, Anaphiel seemed to be the kind who kept his emotions under tight control, not allowing himself to cave to his own uncertainties. Sekizawa would have apologized for peering into his traumas if he wasn't interrupted by the telltale sign that tea was ready.

Sitting up straight, Sekizawa would bow and thank Anaphiel for the tea. He grabbed a bag of green tea and gingerly poured himself a glass. Allowing the bag to steep for quite some time, he continued their conversation while holding the cup and swirling it gently with his wrist.

Sekizawa's smile disappeared for the first time as Anaphiel pried into Sekizawa's real reason for coming. It was true, Sekizawa didn't have anyone in Kumogakure. Being an outsider - even one who wears a Hitai-Ate of the village he was in - didn't make for easy friendships. He let out a sigh of his own, feeling the warmth of the tea against his palms. "It's not that I hadn't asked," He stated, "It's that no one else would come." In truth, it wasn't that no one else would go with him, it's that Sekizawa wouldn't lower himself to begging for anyone's help - unless it was a friend. Expecting to be scolded, Sekizawa gazed into the near-green fluid in his hands before taking a fortifying sip.

He was shocked at Anaphiels response, looking almost startled at how easy it was to convince him to leave his solitude. "A-Are you sure?" he stammered, placing the tea back onto the table before smiling yet again. "Thank you so much - I'll find a way to repay you for this, I promise!" He beamed. He would have given a fist pump of excitement if he didn't know how embarrassing it would be for him. He nodded at his response and waited patiently for Anaphiel to return. "You're thanking... me?" he asked as if to make sure. "I'm the one who should be thanking you!" He exclaimed, standing up and making his way towards the door. He followed Anaphiels lead and trailed behind him closely - almost like a lost puppy.

It wouldn't take long for them to reach the Black Forrest - or the remnants of it, at least, and Sekizawa was certain it would be a less than thrilling endeavour - but with Anaphiel at his side, he would surely find a way to pass the time.

WC: 672
TWC: 1512
Anaphiel Hidemori
Anaphiel Hidemori
Citizen

Fri May 14, 2021 1:53 am
The journey to the charred remains of the Black Forest was uneventful, as was to be expected. Not many people came out this way, despite all the work that had been done to take away the blight left here by one of the previous Raikage. It was still a stain on the village’s honour, and try as they might to cleanse it, it hasn’t been long enough for the memories to fade. Mind you this was all before Anaphiel arrived in the village so all of the information he’d gleaned about it was second hand at best.

The outpost was a fairly simple affair; a three-story tower of wood and stone. It provided good sightlines for that section of the forest and provided at least some protection to those that were on watch. Not that there would be a need for protection; possibly from a rogue zombie or a belligerent villager that had drank a little too much that day. Those events were few and far between based on his previous outings to these outposts.

Anaphiel entered the tower and made his way to the top floor, relieving the current watch which consisted of a squad of three Genin and their Chuunin team leader. It would just be him and Sekizawa for the next twelve hours, plenty of time to have a heart to heart, or simply stare out into the vast swathes of land around them. In a way it was exactly what the Hidemori Chuunin needed; it was an escape from the confines of his home, which had only served to further compounded his melancholy. Being up here, with someone who he considered a friend. Sekizawa may not remember, but the boy arriving at Kumogakure wasn’t the first time they’d met. He’d seen the Senju in Konoha a few times before Anaphiel and his sister had left for Kumo. They hadn’t had any meaningful conversations at that point, mind you, but since he’d recognised him after he’d gotten settled into the village, it only made sense for him to do the same for Sekizawa. When you arrive at a new place, It’s always nice to have someone there to give you a hand if needed. He’d received that from one of the previous Raikages, and he’d even formed a bit of a bond with Kaito. He’d look out for Sekizawa when he could, but right now, it seemed that the tables had turned.

A few moments had passed in silence, as Anaphiel mused, allowing himself to determine how this conversation would play out. He owed it to his friend to try and open up at least a little bit. The Hidemori Chuunin sighed, perhaps it was a tad dramatic but that was his primary state of mind right now. “I miss them,” he said simply, not really directing the comment to Sekizawa. Since he was the only person here, the Senju would no doubt pick up that Anaphiel was speaking to him. “We left on bad terms, anger was in the air and in our hearts and I hadn’t spoken to my parents since.” This was of course the feelings that he’d held inside himself, bottling everything away from everyone. “My sister and I will never properly have closure, and while I know that they knew we still loved them, the fact that we no longer have the chance to tell them again breaks my heart…” He balled his fists on the railing, “I don’t even know how they died, nor can I find out or visit their graves.” A single tear rolled down the side of his face. The dam had weakened, Sekizawa may have gotten more than he’d bargained for, asking Anaphiel to join him.

WC: 619
TWC: 2292
Anaphiel Hidemori
Anaphiel Hidemori
Citizen

Sun May 16, 2021 12:27 pm
Mid-Topic Claim:
Claiming Mission completion (hit minimum WC requirement)

Will claim mission rewards at thread exit
Ichigo Sato
Ichigo Sato
Raikage
Raikage
Stat Page : Link
Remove Taijutsu Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Kanjutsu Default
Wind Earth Water Lightning Fire Default
Ryo : 230150

Sun May 16, 2021 2:01 pm
Approved
Anaphiel Hidemori
Anaphiel Hidemori
Citizen

Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:42 pm
The rest of the time they’d spent at the outpost was quite cathartic for Anaphiel. Most of the time there was spent essentially venting to Sekizawa about his feelings these last long months, unsure of how to resolve these feelings of loss. Of course it meant that they didn’t really do a great job of watching the outpost, but because of how desolate the area was, most people usually steered clear, so there was nothing to worry about. When at last their shift was done, Anaphiel would lead them back to the village. He would turn to Sekizawa and say “thank you for coming to get me this morning my friend. This helped me more than you will ever know.” And with that, the Hidemori Chuunin would head back home for a little bit, fill out the mission report, and then perhaps go find something else to do.

[EXIT]
WC: 148
TWC: 2440

Claims:

4000 Ryo (mission completion)
250 Ryo (Chuunin Bonus)
20 AP (mission Reward)

24 AP

683 WC towards Lightning Uppercut Combo (C-Rank, 1000/1000) Proof of Progress: here
500 WC towards Temporary Paralysis Technique (B-Rank, 1500/1500) Proof of Progress: here
1257WC towards Storm Release: Energy Wave (A-Rank, 2257/2500) Proof of progress on char sheet (WC Bank claims on page 1)
Gonk
Gonk
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Sharky Boi
Remove Taijutsu Bukijutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 151400

Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:59 pm
The Ashes of Old [IO] Gonkfi20
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum