Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Joro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Today at 3:33 amHebiishi OrochiA Few Errands to RunToday at 2:43 amKazusa UchihaThe Lion, The Raven and the Carp Yesterday at 11:38 pmRiloA Late Night DipYesterday at 10:10 pmAkabayashi TerumiThe Culling Games: The FinalYesterday at 6:56 pmHimari HyuugaLeaving One's MarkYesterday at 12:28 pmSebastian MikaelsonDay One Greenie. Rise and Shine (Open)Yesterday at 11:08 amIchirō IshitoyaLord Paramounts Of The TridentWed May 08, 2024 10:00 pmMarabelle BlossomA toughtfull momentWed May 08, 2024 9:59 pmMarabelle BlossomDrowning his SorrowsWed May 08, 2024 9:59 pmMarabelle Blossom
Top posting users this month
24 Posts - 29%
19 Posts - 23%
10 Posts - 12%
8 Posts - 10%
4 Posts - 5%
4 Posts - 5%
4 Posts - 5%
4 Posts - 5%
3 Posts - 4%
3 Posts - 4%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Yurei
Yurei
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : The Oni
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Space/Time
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 0

Determination Empty Determination

Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:09 pm
Yurei burst open the door of the shack. The light of day flared, temporarily blinding him. The pale Uchiha rose he hand to the sky, blocking out the sun. He fell to his knee, gribbing his kunai wound. The cut was not deep, but it burned, even while it had been packed. Yurei looked at his kimono. The shimmer silk had been stained with the crimson liquid, ruining it. Yurei struggled to get back up, using his hands at right foot to support his weight. He panted, leaning against the battered shack, and eventually collapsing, sitting with his back pressed against it.

The ancient structure glistened with sand crystals as the sun slowly made its way back to the horizon. Yurei sat motionless, focusing on his breathing. His just rose and descended in a cycle until his heart finally went from a throbbing mess to a calm beat. For what seemed like hours, Yurei let the sun beat against his face as he thought about what he did. That man… That hypocritical bastard called him a monster. That man who used chakra while condemning the boy for being a shinobi. That man who orchestrated the assault on his home – his family – his livelihood. That man had the gaul to accuse him of being the monster. Yurei was no monster, he was a savior. He was bringing justice to those hateful people.

Yurei’s chakra swelled to his eyes, revealing his three tomoe Sharingan. The pale white glistened in the air, glowing with a bright intensity. This power… He had never felt anything like it. It was greater than the second and first tomoe. He felt so much power, so much potential within his eyes.

The Uchiha untied his headband and cleaned the silvery plate with the unbloodied side of his kimono. He brought the reflection to his face, and stared at himself. His face was marred by bruises and cuts, but what was the most striking was that beautiful white sharingan. His face paled in comparison to that magnificent glow, and all of his attention went to that 3rd tomoe the rested in a neat orbit around his pupil. Was this it? Was this the final stage of his Sharingan? Was that what his mother had told him about? It had to be. Down there, in those caves, Yurei had unlocked his third tomoe. That is what saved him. These eyes. The sacred Kekkei Genkai of the Uchiha Clan. That was what allowed him to persevere, but it was not those eyes alone.

Though staunchly uncompetitive, Yurei had a powerful, determined, and persistent personality. Even with the death of his father, Yurei had moved on, determined to prove his father’s ideological banter regarding the evils of shinobi wrong.

And how wrong was his father. These extremists were determined to kill, and, albeit powerful, Yurei was but thirteen years of age. There existed no moral compass within those people. Some could be turned, but, despite his unwavering ambition, this group in particularly had shaken Yurei and his promise of genjutsu. If that mad had not released his illusion, could he have changed their hearts? Could he have set them on a different course?

Yurei leaned his head against the wall behind him. I hope so. Yurei looked down at his bloodied hands. But at what cost? How far did he have to go, especially if genjutsu didn’t work in cases like this? Yurei clenched his fists. Would he half to beat them all to pulp as he had now? Was that his destiny? To beat up radicals and try to help the moderately anti-shinobi find their way back to rationality. One could not exist with the other. Attacking one group would only seek to promote the moderates’ hatred of shinobi. Everyone likes an underdog, and this fight wasn’t one that the anti-shinobi were winning.

Yurei decided peace would be a more suitable engagement rather than combat. He felt horrible. Even if it was in the heat of the moment, he had decided so many hands and made it to where a man would likely spend the rest of his life disfigured. That wasn’t what Yurei wanted. Peace through Genjutsu, though understanding. Not mauling the opposition, no matter how bad they were. Retaliation must go. Yurei had a job to do. He had to prove that, even though he disagreed with many, he had to protect the village and would do just that, including everyone inside of it.

The pale Uchiha saw himself as a catalyst for change. And change this village he would, through perseverance, resourcefulness, and determination. He had to.

Yurei clenched his side and looked up at the brilliant blue sky. “I’m going to be Hogokage,” he said. “I’m going to be Hogokage.” Yurei stood up, forcing himself to walk. His eyes ached from overuse, but he knew `the power they held. What else could they be capable of? What else was he capable of?

Yurei turned the corner around the old shack, walking onto the main road. He parted his kimono, finding his bandaged wound red with crimson blood. Yurei clenched his fist as he walked forward, stepping across the concrete pavement. The hot air of Hoshigakure’s desert day scorched the earth below, burning him as he walked. It, along with his stab wound, did not present Yurei with a comfortable situation. Yurei could barely remember when he was last comfortable.

Ever since his father died, Yurei had lead a life of pain with little light on the road ahead. He had his mother. He had Damon. He had Akio. But the relationships he had with his friends and family, albeit strong, were only sprinkles of daylight compared to this. He lost he father, he had been attacked, his family put at risk because of his recklessness, and he had likely rid dozens of people of their nervous system in their hands. Yurei felt gross, even if they did deserve it. He felt disgusted that it had to come to that, and he felt most of it was his fault.

The pale Uchiha limped forward as he clutched his packed wound. The gauss tape had been saturated with blood. The chakra in his eyes faded, and his vision blurred. His house was in view, and he forced himself to walk forward. He felt heavier on one side, and then the other. Yurei took deep breaths, dripping with blood. He walked past the numerous houses that lined the streets of varying shades of tan. The glistening light off of the buildings blinded Yurei. He marched forward, covering his eyes. The pain was taking its toll. He had pushed himself too far.

Yurei’s eyes felt heavier. He felt so tired, so sleepy. He took one last step and then fell. No one left their homes to help him. No one extended their hand. Instead, he saw Takia. His mother ran out from her house, rushing ever so swiftly to the collapsed Uchiha. “Mother…” he murmured.

Takia’s words made little sense. It was like a foreign language that he did not understand. The harsh sunlight of Hoshigakure faded slowly, dimming into a starless night.

“Yurei,” he heard. The voice was deeper. Male. One he had not heard for some time. Yurei opened his eyes, finding himself in a dark room devoid of any light. “Father?” he called out. Yurei stepped forward. Light emerged from a great distance, like at the end of a dark tunnel. The Uchiha ran, ran towards that light. A dark figure stood in the doorway. “Yurei,” it called out.

“Father!” Yurei said, running as fast as he could. His movements slowed, like trying to run underwater. The figure faded into the light. It became brighter and brighter, but it stretched further and further away from him. He reached out, unable to grab it, and then he was plunged into a hellish abyss below. Lightless.

Yurei could not see his hands, but he could feel the ground. It was hard. Like smoothed rock. The genin walked forward, keeping his arms in front of him, unable to see. “Father..?” he called out. “Father..!” There was no response. He had never felt so lonely. His hands shook with terror. Sweat rippled down his temple. The Uchiha’s breath and heartbeat quickened, and then he thought.

Sharingan.

Yurei’s eyes glowed a deathly white, cutting through the darkness. The room lit up. He had been here before. The Underground Cathedral. It was rampant with corpses. Yurei covered his mouth his his hand as he took a step back. The sound of water splashing behind him startled the boy, and then even more so when the liquid was crimson. Yurei gasped for air. His chest expanded and collapsed with each breath. Each breath rattled from fear as he shook.

“Yurei,” he heard.

The Uchiha looked up. Tears streamed down his face. It was everyone. His father. His mother. Damon. Akio. The preacher. The wedding couple.  They all sat in the pool of red liquid, bloodied and battered. “You caused this, son,” Yurei’s father said. A gaping wound resided where his heart was.

“No..” Yurei said softly.

“You killed us all,” his mother said.

“You were foolish,” Damon replied, his Sharingan ripped from his eyes.

“No, please..!”

Esu and Akio lie battered, both bleeding. Red liquid stained Esu’s fur. “You let us die,” Akio said.

“No..! I was supposed to help you! I didn’t mean for any of this to happen..!”

“You let us die,” they all said in unison.

Yurei stepped back, covering his eyes as tears streamed from them. “No..!” he tried to say. His voice was lost to him. He screamed, but there was nothing. No noise, no sound. Silence. Except for the horrible  liquid. Bodies of the radicals filled the floor, all faced down into the blood.

Yurei backed away, unable to control himself. “N..no!”

He began to sink, descending into the crimson liquid. “H-help me!” he tried to yell. The thick liquid rose to his waist, then to his chest. “Mother! Father! Help!” The blood ran to his shoulders then over his head. He reached out, his hand above the water, until he was complete submerged. He couldn’t breath. His chest tightened, unable to grab onto the air that he so desperately needed. Yurei closed his eyes, and then gasped.

It was dark again. He could breath, and he was dry.

“Yurei,” a voice called out to him again. This was not his father’s. Instead, it was the smooth voice of his mother. “Yurei, wake up…”

Yurei eyes swelled with light, bringing him back to reality. He lunged forward, gasping for air. He was in, what looked to be, the hospital. Yurei took deep breaths, trying to regain control of his reality. He felt the bed sheets. They were tangible. He felt something on his back. A hand. Yurei turned, meeting eyes with his mother. “Mother,” he said, reaching out to hug her.

She slowly hugged him and then pulled him off, resting her hand on his shoulder. “You were having a nightmare.”

Yurei nodded slowly, looking down at his feet under the bed sheets. “It was awful, mother. It was just… so terrible.”

“Your heart was racing,” said a shinobi.

The woman was blonde, wearing medical gear, and bore a Hoshigakure headband. “Good morning,” she said to Yurei with a smile. “Your mother brought you hear after she said you blacked out. Do you remember?”

“..Blacked out..?” Yurei tried to recall. The preacher. The zealots. The Uchiha looked down at his side, finding no mark.

“Don’t worry about that. I healed you up with my medical ninjutsu. You’ll be fine.”

Yurei nodded, looking outside the nearby window. It was night. “So, we’re in the hospital?”

“Yes,” the shinobi said. “You’ve only been here for a few hours.”

Yurei nodded, looking at the shinobi. “Thank you,” he said. “I’ve never had to come here before,” he said laughing.

The doctor smiled, but then became somewhat serious. “Do you know how you got that nasty stab wound?”

Yurei knew exactly what had happened. His assault on the religious zealots that had tried to kill him. He struggled with telling the truth, but he knew they needed help.

“Some religious villagers attacked my home. I followed them, and when they found me, they attacked me.”

“Yurei!” his mother shouted.

“I had to make sure they wouldn’t try it again, Mom!” Yurei turned to the doctor. “I tried to tell them about what I wanted to do for them. That’s my nindo, y’know? I wanted to help them all so they could understand the pain we feel as Shinobi. I wanted them to understand.”

The doctor nodded. “What did you do to them?”

“I tried to use a genjutsu to dissipate the fight, but one of them could use their chakra and dissipated it. I did what I had to. To get out of there.”

“You killed them?” the Doctor asked, concerned.

“No, no, no!” Yurei said in a panic. “No. I cut a few with my kunai, but I didn’t kill any of them. I can show you where they are, I can let you help them!”

“Yurei, you need to,” Takia started.

“No really! I can. They’re in this underground shack a few blocks from my house. They’re off from the main roads, but I could follow the blood trails from when they attacked me and Mom!”

The doctor nodded. “It’s ok, Yurei. We’ll take care of it. In the meantime, you stay here. I don’t want you leaving until at least tomorrow, ok?”

Yurei nodded, looking out the window. His doctor left, leaving Yurei and his mother in the room alone.

“Why would you do that, Yurei?” his mother said sternly, her eyebrows meeting her eyes.

“I told you,” Yurei said. “I wanted to help them. But instead I got stopped with a kunai.”

“Yurei, you could have died.”

“I didn’t. That’s what being a shinobi is all about.”

“Attacking people?”

“They attacked me. I, uh, aggressively defended myself.”

Takia frowned. “Yurei…” she said, trying to drown out the truth.

Yurei fell silent for a moment. “…The leader was a shinobi, Mom…” Yurei said quietly, and with a tone of both sadness and concern. “Or at least, he could use his chakra…. And he still wanted to kill me.”

Takia was silent, but she nodded after pausing for a moment.

“He was so hypo- hypoc..”

“Hypocritical,” Takia replied.

“Yeah, that. It made me feel so sad and betrayed.”

“Is that how you think of your father? Of me?”

Yurei stopped talking. He sat in thought for a moment. Unable to reply. Yurei took a deep breath. “Yes. Sometimes.”

“You know we love you, right, Yurei? We.. I don’t care that you’re a shinobi. Just so long as you’re doing what you want to.” Takia’s nails stabbed into her knees.

Yurei looked outside the window, staring at the moon. “Yeah, I know.”

The room was silent for a moment. The Uchiha closed his eyes and then channeled his chakra into them. “When I was down there. Alone. I needed my Sharingan. I don’t think I could have survived without it. But my second tomoe Sharingan wasn’t enough. I pumped so much chakra into my eyes. I needed it.”

Yurei opened his eyes and looked at his mother, revealing his three tomoe Sharingan. “This is what happened. I advanced it, just like you said I could.”

Takia took a deep breath. “I see.”

I feel so much faster now. Stronger. My other tomoe let me see chakra within people and let me move faster. But this… It feels like there’s more to it than just moving faster. I feel stronger. Like there’s more potential.”

Takia frowned and looked at her lap. “I’m not sure what your Sharingan can do, Yurei. I never advanced mine that far.” She fiddled with his hands for a moment, and then put her hand on his shoulder. “But I know you can do great things with and without it. You don’t need that Sharingan to be a great shinobi. But it will help you. And I’m sure it can help you persuade the villagers that not all shinobi are bad.”

Yurei nodded slowly, trailing off in thought.

Takia smiled thinly, then exhaled deeply.

“You can go if you want, Mom. I can handle things from here on out. I know how you feel about shinobi. I don’t want you to be uncomfortable.”

“I live with one,” Takia said, smiling. “Don’t worry about me, Yurei,” she said. “Now, get some rest.”

Yurei nodded, resting his head on his pillow.

That night was not plagued by nightmares, only deep thought. Yurei wondered about what other powers the Sharingan could unlock. Was it relegated to simply to physical augmentation, or did it possess more power? Could it emit a visual genjutsu like Ephemeral? Or could it generate ninjutsu? Yurei couldn’t be sure. Not in here.

When he woke up the next day, Yurei could not see the sunrise. The hospital window was covered by a building on the horizon. It wouldn’t be for another few hours before he could see it. On his left, Yurei saw his mother asleep. She had brought him fresh clothes and his other kimono. Either that, or she fought like hell to get rid of the blood stain.

Yurei faced the ceiling, thinking. He could not take his mind off of his third tomoe no matter what. The potential it had was far to intriguing. What was the power of the Uchiha?

The door to his room slid open. The doctor entered, carrying some equipment and a clipboard. Takia woke up, slightly started. “Are we ready to go,” Takia asked, standing and stretching from her chair. “Not yet,” said the doctor, who had come around Yurei’s bed. She looked at his side, finding the wound completely gone. She observed his eyes and throat, and, after marking things off of her clipboard, finally gave the ok for them to leave.

Once they had arrived home, Yurei quickly showered. Being beaten and taken to a hospital hadn’t been the cleanest of experiences, and his hair had already become somewhat oily and dirty. “Headed out already?” Takia asked.

“Yeah. Not much sense in just hanging around here. I figured I should go test out my Sharingan.”

Takia reluctantly agreed, allowing her son to go out on the promise he wouldn’t start any fights with the villagers. Yurei jokingly agreed, and went on his way, putting on his bamboo sandals as he walked out the door.

Yurei took his usual route, through the housing district. It was almost noon, so the sun was beating down on the entire city with its intense heat. Yurei passed the numerous tan-colored houses, ignoring the old shack as he moved forward. The Uchiha walked and walked until he eventually came to the marketplace. He hadn’t eaten in a long time. His stomach begged for the food. Delicious aromas filled the air, and, in order to satisfy his hunger, Yurei went around trying free samples of ramen, sushi, and other foods until his stomach stopped growling. The markets were sweaty, nasty, and filled to the brim with people, but the food was certainly good.

The white haired Uchiha moved on, maneuvering through the marketplace like a snake until he broke away from the crowd. Yurei marched onward, thinking about the training that lay ahead. As the Uchiha walked, he came to the so-called Shinobi District. Empty and ghostly as always, Yurei found the strength to move on and pursue the training grounds. The Shinobi Academy reminded him of how far he had come, all the pain he had went through, and of all the power and maturity he had gained. Some through experience, others through mistakes.

Yurei moved past the academy, ending up in the sandy plains of the training grounds.

Sharingan.

Yurei observed the fields with his dojutsu, unable to detect any chakra masses. No one was there. Yurei moved onto the fields, feeling the hot air and the warm sand brush against his feet. The Uchiha took a deep breath, taking it all in. It felt good to be back here. This is where he felt most at peace.

The Uchiha slid his sandals across the sand and took a deep breath, forming the handseals for his phoenix fire jutsu. The kneaded the chakra within his lungs as he took a deep breath, and then he released, firing his blazeballs at the sandy ground and kicking up spires of heated, glassy sandstone. Yurei gazed at each of the six structures and withdrew his six kunai. The Uchiha took them in his hands and moved to the epicenter of the glassy towers.

Yurei got into his stance, spinning one of his kunai around his index finger. And then he launched. Yurei scanned the area with his eyes, memorizing each position of the spires. He sent his kunai propelling through the air, slicing through it at an intense speed. This was already so much stronger than his second tomoe. What else was in store?

For hours, Yurei trained with his third tomoe, waiting for something else to happen. He punctured spire after spire until his lungs hurt from all of the chakra. The sun had set, bringing about the cold of night, but also something else: predators. Yurei paused from his training regimen, looking about the area. He saw no chakra, but he could hear the footsteps of creatures in the dark. Coyotes.

Yurei lunged back, landing atop one of his sandstone spires. A pack of the dogs had shown up, hungry to be sure. The Uchiha gazed at them with his sharingan, looking into their eyes. Was this his new power? The coyotes sat down, ignoring their insatiable desire to eat. On ocular genjutsu. Yurei had discovered his new power in the Sharingan. With his dojutsu, Yurei did not need handseals. This was subtle. It was strong, and it was the power of his third tomoe Sharingan. Yurei’s mind wandered in ecstatic thought. He had finally discovered it. And if he could use this power to manipulate the minds of others, he could will villagers to stop their mad fighting. This was perfect!

Yurei released the coyotes from his Sharingan Genjutsu, allowing them to return to their desire to eat, but, almost as if they knew what had happened, they fled, fearful of his power. Is that what would happen to the villagers? Would they flee as these coyotes had, as they had fled when they assaulted his home?

Yurei didn’t know, but he did know that this was powerful genjutsu. Not only in its ability to manipulate, but in its subtlety, and use of the eyes instead of handseals followed by an odd gesture. Even if he could not use the jutsu for long due to genjutsu release, he could easily distract opponents with it. This was perfect for the exams, as well as his true goal.

Yurei jumped off of his spire, landing in the sandy dirt below. He took a deep breath and released the chakra from his eyes, returning his vision to normal. Yurei looked at the sky with his pale eyes and smiled. For the first time in a long time, things were going right. Even if he had to assault radical zealots and get stabbed to achieve this. Still, the happiness was there, and now he could see his goal more clearly. Soon, no one in this village would hate another because of their path. Shinobi and villager would come together under his guidance. He would become to Hogokage, the protector of these people, and they would all know the love he had known as a child.

Yurei would return love with this genjutsu, with all of his genjutsu. There would be peace in this village. “Lord Hogokage, Yurei Uchiha. It has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?” Yurei looked up, closed his eyes, and smiled. “This is my nindo. My ninja way.”

WC: 4006

Requesting: Sharingan Genjutsu, 20 Stats

Exit

(Still waiting on approval for my third tomoe, but I figured I'd go ahead and post this)
Akabayashi Terumi
Akabayashi Terumi
Mizukage
Mizukage
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Click for nudes!
Remove Remove Fūinjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Wind Earth Water Lightning Fire Default
Clan Specialty : Fuinjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 728350

Determination Empty Re: Determination

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:23 pm
Approved.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum