Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Seal of ApprovalToday at 9:43 amIchigo SatoDetached Embodiment TechniqueToday at 8:43 amAyato HyuugaJun TsukikoToday at 8:33 amIchigo SatoKiko TsukikoToday at 8:33 amIchigo SatoRaiden Chills (Open)Today at 8:25 amRaiden AmetsuchiJunko TsukikoToday at 3:06 amJunko TsukikoRelationship Woes: Dude in DistressToday at 3:02 amJunko TsukikoRelationship Woes: A First DateToday at 2:58 amJunko TsukikoRelationship Woes: A Budding InterestToday at 2:56 amJunko TsukikoGrandma's GardenYesterday at 9:27 pmJoro Shokku
Top posting users this month
188 Posts - 58%
40 Posts - 12%
19 Posts - 6%
17 Posts - 5%
13 Posts - 4%
11 Posts - 3%
10 Posts - 3%
9 Posts - 3%
9 Posts - 3%
6 Posts - 2%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Arathel Anbura
Arathel Anbura
Genin
Genin
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Arathel's Stats
Familiar : Hebitsukaiza
Remove Iryōjutsu Fūinjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Wind Earth Remove Remove Fire Default
Clan Specialty : Fuinjutsu
Village : Konohagakure
Ryo : 216000

The Rising Sun and the Setting Moon (pt.II) Empty The Rising Sun and the Setting Moon (pt.II)

Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:03 pm
The sun’s bright rays came beating down on the duo as they tracked the road ahead of them. The skies was clear except for the lone cloud the would pass by. Even though it was bright out, the suns heat wasn’t unbearable. Plus with the support of the gentle breeze, some could say it was ‘cool’ in the land of fire. Zunair’s silvery hair almost gleamed off the suns reflective rays. The Hyūga almost giggled at the thought. He has whitish hair, white eyes and porcelain skin. People in the village talked about how he was rarity and almost looked like an angel. Plus with his kind nature and medical abilities, didn’t help at all with his case. While some could say he was soft-natured, it was only towards those that are deserving. Like when he fought against his cousin, the thugs, the intruders, and the uchiha’s, they were made away of his abilities and that fact that he shouldn’t be taken lightly. He can get serious when he has to be. 

“Well, maybe it is a mistake. But with the lack of shinobi, I suppose exceptions has to be made. Also, everyone has to start at somewhere. Maybe not on an S-rank, but somewhere,” Zunair cheerfully gleamed. Lynn did have a point, sending someone with little to no experience on a mission like this could be ridiculous but they are short on shinobi and it’s peaceful for the moment. Plus, he has faith in his abilities to protect Lynn. However, what came out of Lynn’s mouth semi-annoyed Zunair. He was just trying to be nice but this one, they were mocking him. He let a disgruntled look appear upon his face. 

“Yeah, it’s best to just get this over with.” Zunair said with a stoic tone. He doesn’t have to be nice. It would be tragic if Lynn got cut up and put into soup. Maybe if they got ambushed, he just seemingly disappeared to leave them to fight by themself. That would be most devastating. Zunair could feel his jaw tightening as his teeth grinder against each other. He closed his eyes. He needed to stop thinking like that. It was almost like a different person takes over his brain when someone upsets him. Back then, he couldn’t control it and he would act out but now that he’s older, it older comes in spurts. He hated that part of himself. 

His thoughts were disrupted by the voice once again. Lynn was asking about his hobbies, he supposed. Now they weren’t being sarcastic.  Maybe they had terrible mood swings like him. This could make for an interesting trip if so. Anyway, they talked about animals and how they basically better then humans. 

“Haha, I have to agree. Us humans can be the worst, can’t we,” Zunair let out a laugh trying to lighten the mood. It wouldn’t make for such a fun mission if both of them were brooding and depressed. 

Well, you see. I love animals too! But I love practicing medicine. That’s why I work at the hospital too when I have free time. My mom was a medical nin before she passed, so I guess you can say this is way of honoring her memory. She died from an unknown illness, so that is another reason I became an medical ninja, to help those who can’t help themselves.“ Zunair gave Lynn a warm smile before her continued. 

“Other then that, I like trying new foods.” The Hyūga said before putting his hand to his chin thinking of other things he likes. Well, he likes a lot of things and dislikes even more but he can’t put his finger on it. 

“Oi, I do love growing lotus’s. Mainly because my mom used to call me her ‘little lotus’, so growing them is like I’m still connecting with her, ya know.” Sad memories resurfaced as he told Lynn his emotional attachments to the things he likes. Normally he wouldn’t do this, but he figures he best open up to someone at some point. Why not start now?

TWC: 1,779/5,750
Lynn Uchiha
Lynn Uchiha
Citizen
Stat Page : Le Stats
Genjutsu Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Ryo : 5000

The Rising Sun and the Setting Moon (pt.II) Empty Re: The Rising Sun and the Setting Moon (pt.II)

Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:07 pm
Contrasting the angelic nature and appearance of her partner, Lynn stuck out like a sore thumb for all the wrong reasons to most she'd ever spoken with until now. However, on the positive side of this spectrum, you could compare her to the exotic appearance of a particularly jade green snake. Nothing about her screamed 'Uchiha', and that's exactly how she liked it. It'd be nice if people were to compliment her appearance for once, though. Being useful is one thing, but being pleasant to the eye was definitely something the thin woman desired. Just as much as she desires not making people hate her more, which she realizes she may be failing spectacularly on with Zunair's sudden tone shift after her sarcasm. It made her swallow her heart down her own throat, feeling as though it jumped up in a spike of fear, but that's just another reason she tried to make conversation. This is a hole she dug herself into, one way or another, so the best she can do is salvage the situation.

Their laugh was infectious, and though she did not follow with her own, she bashfully looked to her side with a small smile at their reaction, trying not to make too much eye contact. She could tell they were truly heading into the borders at this point, with the way the sun hung overhead, so her gaze made sure to pay attention more readily as well, to anything but her compatriot. At the very least, she did not block out anything the Hyuga had to say to her, finding their story to be a tad endearing. Funnily enough, it seems most of their positivity came from the memory of their mother. Now she's hiding a frown instead of the meniscal amount of happiness they were starting to feel, as thoughts of her own family rose to the front of her mind. What she would have done to even have a fraction of the pleasant interactions Zunair spoke of. The only great part of her life at this point was that she graduated from the Academy, and she could live by herself, which has started to wear off its welcome at this point, too.

What looks like a bear's claw had taken out one of the markers they are passing by, so Lynn makes sure to alert the Hyuga on it before she goes to investigate. Not too much damage, but she suspects it was probably used as a scratching post. It's easily fixed with a bit of cloth and some charcoal, which she handily had available from her belt pouch. As this happens, she speaks up again. "I... think it's great of you, to do what you're doing for such reasons. From the few left in this village that I know of, all they've ever thought about as shinobi was for power, fame, or a release of personal stress. Honestly... I don't even have any valuable reason to be one. Or, at least, it's paltry at best. Just kind of wanted to... show everyone around me that I'd amount to... anything. Anything other than nothing." Finishing up her repairs, she strolls back over to her acquaintance, hands firmly placed in her jacket pockets and her gaze glued to the ground. "Can't say I've done that, really. I've probably told you more than I've told anyone other than my diary since... since I was seventeen, during my graduation. Don't even know why I'm saying so much." She's very much failing at hiding her discomfort, but he can at least tell she's trying not to be too much of a downer.

Word Count Tracker:

Last edited by Lynn Uchiha on Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changing Mission Progress to fit what WC is actually required)
Arathel Anbura
Arathel Anbura
Genin
Genin
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

The Rising Sun and the Setting Moon (pt.II) Empty Re: The Rising Sun and the Setting Moon (pt.II)

Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:06 pm
Steadily keeping his pace in continuous motion, he listened to Lynn talk while keeping his eyes peered ahead. While he did things to keep memories alive, Lynn on the other hand did it for her own will. Zunair thought that maybe, he too, wanted to be stronger to prove it to himself that he can be but maybe he just did it to hold onto the past. Most people have their fair share of hardships. Thinking about his own past. The Hyūga wondered about his sister, who was kidnapped at a very young age. Is she alive and well? Or did she succumb to the harsh reality that's called life. Zunair wished he could find her. 

While Zunair does approach people with kindness and respect, he still had that killer ideal from the years of rigorous training that was beat into him, to make him somewhat of  a killer. Some people don't deserve an explanation or forgiveness, they just need to be taken out or simply an old fashion ass whoopin.

Zunair really needed to stop thinking about the past. He needed to leave the past in the past, but how could he every get past it. Maybe in time, he could. Maybe friendships with people like Lynn would help. He really hopes so. While they just met, he liked her. Although a little on the sarcastic side, she seemed kind and affectionate but not too much. An introvert that used sarcasm has a defense mechanism to try and hide her true feelings. Maybe once she gets comfortable with him, she can start opening up. 

“That’s okay, that is a good enough reason for anyone. To want to better yourself, I really admire that. “

Zunair spoke with a slight cheerfulness in his voice. As the duo got further from the village, the sun begin to heighten in the sky. Their first stop would be a outpost, where they could prolly rest for the night before taking their journey around the borders. Or would it be better to just go straight to the borders and hit the outpost on the way back. Hmmm, outpost it is, but they can check it out and then immediately leave so they don’t waste their time staying there. 

A small giggle escaped from Zunair’s mouth, “I get it. It can be hard opening up to anyone, especially if you gone through some type of hardship. Don’t worry, your secrets are safe with me,” he concluded with throwing her a thumbs up. He connected with that. Any emotional outburst from him growing up would result in a harsh beating; so, letting or talking about feelings was not his forte. Now that he was somewhat away from his father, he can now open up - slowly - to people. He just needed the right people. 

“Well, it should only take us maybe an hour or so to get there, then we can make haste towards the border and maybe set up camp if you want,” Zunair asked, giving a slight opinion into what they should do. 

TWC: 2,289
Lynn Uchiha
Lynn Uchiha
Citizen

Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:45 pm
Bettering... herself? No, that wasn't at all what Lynn had said to Zunair. She specifically explained that her reasoning was to prove to everyone else that she was worth it. Normally, such an error in interpretation is a moment where Lynn would point out that Zunair got it all wrong. So, why did she choke on her own words? This revelation crackled through her like a lightning bolt, shattering her previous misconceptions on what is truly important. Her silence overtakes her, and she begins to sort through these intense emotions, her expression vacant and stone cold to anyone that might see it. Now came the important question to ask herself; was she doing this all wrong?

There were so many times where the woman thought she'd break, undergoing her secrecy with the fervor of a true introvert. Seeing the light fade away from her own eyes in the mirror every morning, taking routes down the alleyways to avoid attention, outright purchasing an apartment away from the Uchiha compounds, taking the easy missions to make ends meet... could all of that had been pointless? Did she not need to throw herself into isolation, to ensure she never went down the same path her ancestors traversed? "A shinobi, who wants to be themself, yet better..." The nineteen year old mulls over, looking over at Zunair for a moment. He was so much younger than her, yet so much more accomplished from what she could tell and knows. After all, he was chosen to lead a mission into the borders with only one genin for backup. Even with what nightmares he could have gone through, he tried bearing it with a smile. Through her many years of observation on how people work, she could at least say with ninety nine percent certainty that he didn't fake those emotions. Meanwhile, what did she have to say for herself? She was alive, without any friends, no power, no purpose and nothing to show for her blatant defiance against the stereotypes of her clan.

Change... there had to be a change. While she didn't know it yet, there was no mistaking that this simple conversation brought more to her table than she ever bargained for. Being on a mission and all, she's doing her best to keep herself composed, but she hopes when she gets home that she can figure out what to do. Just for a moment, the Uchiha takes her hand and wipes the sweat from her brow, feeling the pressure of her thoughts weigh heavy on her. So little of herself felt real these days, that she wasn't sure how making herself better was even possible. That could technically be a place of improvement, however, in retrospect. Too many thoughts, not safe and too little time. Lynn shakes her head with frustration, only replying to her ally when he mentions the nearby outpost. At least, that's what she thinks he's referring to after she pulls out the map of their borders to double check what is on the way.

"Yeah... that sounds like a plan to me. Also... thanks. Sorry for being quiet. I need to think and still do this mission, so multi-tasking is quite difficult at the moment." That's the best she can think to say, her map being put away and her hands going right back to her jacket. Needless to say, she felt embarrassed that her composure is falling so rapidly around someone that hasn't even gone through the entirety of puberty yet. Another reason to find herself pathetic, and more to keep pondering on.

Word Count Tracker:

Last edited by Lynn Uchiha on Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changing Mission Progress to fit what WC is actually required)
Arathel Anbura
Arathel Anbura
Genin
Genin
Survived 2021

Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:01 pm
Hey, it’s not biggie. If you ever need an ear, I’m always here.” Zunair giggled at the rhyme as they continued their way down the road. He gets it. Sometimes all he wants is just to be wrapped up in silence. Maybe she just needed to think and figure out her own problems. 

- Hours Later - 
By now the rain was coming down in thick torrents, invisible against the black of night and heavy. Every once in a while a flash of white lightning would split the air and draw shapes into form, intelligible only by the brief, dazzling outlines reflected by the water. For those slight instances, the landscape was bright, and inexplicably beautiful. Splashed in iridescence, the shattered rock and splintered wood had not looked so alive in years.

Zunair wasn't used to rain like this. Further north it came slowly, with clouds that drifted languidly between horizons for days spilling cool drizzle, sometimes warm showers. But here-somewhere in the borders of the fire country, he assumed-the storm had come suddenly with little warning. In a matter of moments the gentle forestry seemed to sway with each gust of wind across the tops, pulling old birds from their rest. He had even considered taking shelter. But with the storm at its peak Zunair found himself beneath the corroding marble of an old statue. In his haste he hadn't been able to identify the figure, save that it was barely enough to keep the rain from him. His hair was soaked, sticking to his neck and sides of his head. Worse was the clothes he wore stuck tightly to the shape of his body. Every once in a while the wind picked up enough to throw droplets into his face; he would tilt his head back, letting them slide through his hair, over the bridge of his nose and down his throat. 

A mere two hours had passed since they arrived to the outpost, and yet Zunair found the cold, restless pit creeping into his stomach once more. The outpost their were at received word that a town by the border was attacked by a group of criminals. He need to get there as soon as possible. Thunder echoed overhead, and Zunair lifted his head slightly, shaking it so the rain slapped against his cheeks and neck. It didn't help him feel any dryer. Waiting for Lynn to catch up, he activated his Byakugan to see through the rain and into the distance. Zunair gasped quietly as the once prosperous small town was bathed in reflections of bright fire. He couldn't help but imagine if that was what the city must have looked like as it died, glistening like a burning jewel against the night.

A moment later the Hyūga reclaimed his senses; the light died, leaving them in the gray and blues, and he could clearly detect a foul odor on the wind. That had been some explosion just now, and it was close. A little surprised that he'd not been able to sense the approach of a battle sooner, Zunair pushed wearily to his feet.

As soon as Zunair stepped out fully from under the shelter of bronze he was soaked through all over again. The first few steps brought him to a deep puddle that splashed cold water up unpleasantly against his legs. His ears caught on the clanging resonation of steel—blades meeting. Scowling slightly he trudged through the miniature rivers that had formed around his unintended pedestal, toward the origin of the explosion. Not only that but screams could be heard.  

As he ran, it seemed like eternity to get there. Seconds seemed like hours. On the plus side, the rain finally stopped but the clouds still lingered over head. They were close. He could see people fighting, houses burning, kids trying to flee. Who could do such a monstrous thing? 

“Try to get people to safety, I will handle whoever is doing this,” Zunair commanded Lynn as they approached the burning town. Well, the town isn’t burning no more thanks to the rain but it still had substantial damage done to it. The towns guards are doing poorly as they fought against the unnamed assailant. 

Taking to the rooftops, he shifted into his Hyūga stance, hoping Lynn would help people get away from the area. 

“STOP!”

Zunair yelled, announcing his presence to the two guards and the man. 

“You two, go help the people. His fight is with me now.”

Zunair’s usually lighthearted expression is that now of a darker tone. The silver-haired Chuunin watched as the two guards almost eagerly jumped down and started helping the townspeople while the figure turned their attention to Zunair. Dressed up in all black clothing, the man had black eyes along with spiky black hair. 

“You think you can take me, Hyūga, let’s see you try,” the man smirked as his eyes flickered red. Three tomoe’s formed in his oculus. He was an Uchiha. While Zunair has fought a few uchiha before. He was aware of their power and how destructive they could be. This is the prime example. With Zunair caught up in his thoughts, the man performed a few hand signs then put is fingers in an O shape to his mouth. Flames in the shape of a giant ball shot out towards Zunair. 

TWC: 3,179
Lynn Uchiha
Lynn Uchiha
Citizen

Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:51 pm
The past few hours gave Lynn plenty of time to sift through his brain, but the encroaching storm and the dangers it possessed to their mission only made his own clouded mind further obscured. That was actually a little amusing to her, as normally weather such as this brought her such calm and tranquility. Maybe it was the white hot flashes of light strobing in the atmosphere, and the inability to peer into the dark veil of the night without the light show that made her feel uncomfortable. At the very least, she had so much gear packed in her backpack, that it happened to contain a cute dark gray poncho for occasions such as this. Her hood is up, and the rest of it protects their body from the bottom falling out above them. Instead of worrying about his emotions, she set his sights on keeping up with Zunair, and the information that a nearby town was being ransacked. There's not a whole lot she could do in such a situation, were it to be anyone more than a couple of bandits, but she has come this far, no use in bailing now.

Lynn would soon come to wish she did bail.

A looming dread crept onto the pair's heads the closer they came to their first destination. The outpost's report did not indicate just how terrible the situation was developing into being, nor was the genin really prepared for what is to come. Her Hyuga companion kept going ahead, making her more weary about their plans and status. If she had the Sharingan, it'd help a whole lot, but this thought was immediately perished as soon as it entered her mind. That wasn't what she needed to make sure others were safe, those were merely a tool for destruction and evil. Nothing positive could ever come out of having them, unlike the illustrious, angelic nature of a Hyuga's Byakugan. Hell, she'd even kill to be an Inuzuka at this point, as having a partner animal would make searching ahead a synch. In fact, why wouldn't the village hire one of them to... oh, right. She hasn't even met one. Unfortunate how the history of her village only made her long to be back in the past, right where she could have prevented all the horrible atrocities that had befallen their livelihoods.

Then, she smelled it; smoke. Char, ash and hickory scents, alongside a thin smokescreen that was only vaguely visible in the night sky, what with the storm clouds departing and leaving them rainless. Which was also followed up by an ear piercing explosion, the very minor effects of its shockwave sending goosebumps down Lynn's arms. What in the actual hell was going on at this point? For all she knows, it's most likely another missing ninja, as they've been an incredibly consistent problem as of late, from what he hears due to higher ranked ninja gossiping amongst each other. Many possibilities still could occur, but even she can't chock it up to filthy vagrants anymore. Is that Zunair? Finally, maybe she'll get some answers of what's really going on from mister 'See-It All.'

Her answer came in the form of a command, which was followed close behind by the sounds of screaming innocents, the appearance of a town nearly burnt to a complete crisp, incompetent guards, recently crafted corpses, and splotches of blood strewn every which way. This was comparable to all the horrific stories she has heard about massacres throughout history, including the ones involving her own clan, but it's way more tame in comparison to seeing it in person. Only hearing Zunair bark at her to help the villagers was what kept him from standing and gawking at the sight, her appetite thoroughly demolished, the beginnings of a panic attack surfacing, and her skin paler than the moonlight cutting through the previous weather. Her legs carry her into action, dashing into the direction of any civilians that the two guards were not taking care of, in order to shepherd them into the tree line. Before she can get any progress on that, she does glance at whoever Zunair is battling... was she imagining the ruby colored glare in their eyes?

It's really sour for her to learn that the ones left alive were few and far between, though it at least made it easy to bring them far enough way that they could make it on their own with the guards. When everyone met up, she gave easy instructions for them to make it to the nearby outpost, and made it known that the cover of night is likely to prevent them from being hassled further. There's no way she was going to go with them, however; her associate... she left him behind, and even with how useless she'd probably be, there had to be some way to help, with the priority already taken care of. Gulping and biting her lip out of trying to stuff her fears down her throat, she forms the Dog hand seal, and channels her chakra throughout her entire body to become a much smaller, compact raccoon. Every detail you'd consider a raccoon to have is taken into account, but a few flaws such as a lack of claws, no rings on the tail, and her evergreen eyes would be a dead giveaway if not for it being nighttime. With post haste, she sprints her way back to the burnt up village, hoping she'll be able to make it before anything too dire happens.

Word Count Tracker:

Last edited by Lynn Uchiha on Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changing Mission Progress to fit what WC is actually required)
Arathel Anbura
Arathel Anbura
Genin
Genin
Survived 2021

Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:05 pm
One man caused this much devastation and not a single person could stop him, could Zunair even? Well, he was about to try but first, he needed to do something about the giant ball of fiery death aimed directly at him. The hand signs flew together in a moments haste: Hare > Ox > Tiger >  Snake > Dog > Tiger > Boar. Outreaching his hand, violent wind released from his palm, looking like a tornado, it obliterated the fireball and continued towards the target. It would've hit him dead on but like a normal ninja, he dodged it to the right. Now, this Uchiha was heading towards him at full speed. The silver-haired Hyuuga adjusted his stance as the man came closer to him. Throwing hand signs together once again:  Ox > Rat > Dragon > Tiger > Horse > Rat > Dog > Bird, he finished with a clap.

"Dust Release: Atomic Dismantling."

Those words left his mouth as chakra begin forming between his hands turning into a geometrical shape. The look of anger turned into fear as the man must have known about this jutsu. Giving off a sadistic smirk, he fired the white beam at the man as he was mere meters away from the Hyuuga. Hitting the man dead on, he was instantly vaporized as the powerful beam went through him leaving nothing behind. Zunair felt no remorse or regret for killing this man. The prison was not an option and now nothing was left of him. Good riddance.

The white-eyed Hyuuga immediately looked around and could not find Lynn but what he saw was a shock to him as he saw his cousin, Kenton, coming out from an alleyway. What is he doing here, is he a part of this? Zunair looked to Kenton as he came to front and center. His heart jumped up into his throat hearing the syllabled word and made him feel even worse already. However, like a dog, he stood and approached him. Only this was not what he had hoped for.  That was his cue as they stood five meters apart, facing each other. He knew Kenton had issues with the main house in the Hyuuga clan, but he didn't know that he would resort to criminal activity. "Why, what are you doing here. Are you a part of this?" Zunair asked with a sense of sadness in his voice.

"Now Zunair, you shouldn't be here, maybe you should go on home and forget what you saw here, but this is time to get my revenge on you and your father," Kenton said to him, his smile fading as he activated his Byakugan. He's going to have to take down his cousin for the sake of the village. He couldn't believe this was happening but it goes to show that anyone can turn on you. Zunair took his typical gentle fist stance and then activated his Byakugan, the area around his eyes tightened and the vessels expanded causing him to see the channels of chakra that moved through his body. It was perhaps the easiest way for him to battle his father. Zunair took a deep breath and kicked off the ground with his left leg, heading straight at his elder cousin. As he neared him, Kenton was already ready to defend against any strike that Zunair was going to throw at him.

As Zunair was heading towards him, he saw the kunai that was pulled from Kenton's pouch and where he had placed it. Zunair immediately thought that he was battling someone else for he thought his cousin would fight him using the gentle fist style, a look of determination crossed Zunair's face while he focused on building chakra into the palms of his hands. Still, he sped forward towards him, and just before he would be within his arm’s reach, Zunair jumped up and forced himself into an aerial front flip with only one rotation, then landed on the balls of his feet behind him in a slightly crouched position. As he spun, he’d aim to a chakra-filled palm into the center of his back while using the Gentle Fist technique. 

However, his cousin was ready for him as he immediately turned around by falling on his right knee quickly spinning his left leg out in an attempting to it to swing at his calves. However, even that close to him, there was no way that Zunair was able to move from the leg sweep that had forced his back onto the concrete below. Zunair landed with a hard thud but even while he still landed on the ground, he still held the concentration of the chakra within his hands. Zunair had to immediately hold in the gasp as his cousin closed a chakra point in his shoulder with his tenketsu needle technique. Zunair's eyes looked up to him and with speed, he’d tried thrusting his palm into his chest trying to place a burst of chakra into him through palm bottom. 

"Gentle Fist Art One Blow Body!"  His cousin exclaimed. The young chuunin clenched his teeth as he saw every chakra point open up and blow at him, being pressed into the ground more, he struggled to take a breath. Zunair thought how would he be able to fight against his cousin? Once the force of his body blow had released, he stood and rubbed his should where his father jabbed him at.

Leaving nothing to chance he quickly acted, he regained his stance, as his cousin was already on him as he was a meter or so away. Zunair bucked his knees when Kenton got in arms reach, throwing his left arm up as his cousin went to strike at him, deflecting his tenketsu needle. Zunair's hands then took a closed shape with only his index and middle finger extending, unleashing a flurry of flows towards his target in front of him, five blows in all, each blow aiming for a different chakra point in his father's upper body/torso, each time a blow would land he’d be able to force a little bit of his chakra into his body, slowly blocking his chakra ways making it hard for him to summon or mold any chakra whatsoever. 

Kenton then tried to bring his elbow down on him, but Zunair was quick to notice this tactic as he brought his right hand back once more and pointed the first two fingers of his right hand and thrust upwards towards the underside of his right arm as it flew over his head. Poking his fingers at five key points in an attempt to seal off those tenketsu points in Kenton's right arm. He’d then push a thin coat of chakra to cover the soles of his feet before dashing backward and looking to Kenton once more. He then got into his Hyuuga stance once more awaiting his cousin's next move. His eyes focused upon his father and his extensive chakra network as he saw that he actually has closed off a few chakra points. Zunair then watched him come to the ready stance as well, slowly circling around him.

As Kenton came closer to him, he could see him inching closer one step at a time, and as he became within four feet of him he saw the start of his strikes, he let his chakra run through his hands and was prepared. His movements are seen still with his byakugan still activated. He had become efficient at keeping his byakugan activated for long periods of time through his daily practice. Soon, his cousin began to start spinning which he clearly saw, he knew the Jutsu and was well aware of what he was doing, but even if he wasn’t his Byakugan would have seen his move. Zunair watched him start to rotate, seeing everything through his eyes, seeing the amount of chakra released to a creature such a jutsu, he had no clue he knew such a thing, he was quite shocked although he wouldn’t show it.  Zunair immediately jumped back as the crater-making jutsu start to ascend in size towards him. 

This was Zunair's chance, as he began making the hand signs Tiger → Horse → Rabbit → Rat → Dog, activating his chakra scalpel. As his rotating cousin slowed down to almost a complete stop, Zunair launched him towards his cousin combing his chakra scalpel with his gentle fist, making for a deadly combination. Zunair gave no warning as he then struck his cousin in the shoulder with all his fingers extended. Knowing the younger Hyuuga sliced open the inside of his cousin's shoulder and closes off a tenketsu. His cousin immediately jumped back, grabbing his shoulder. Leaving nothing to chance, Zunair followed him and slide to his knees, and swirled around his cousin's leg, slicing the calves in his back legs, making him fall to the ground.

"I can believe, you would do this," Zunair said with sorrow in his voice when his cousin only just spat at him. 

"You better watch your back, after killing the leader, they will be hunting for you, and I will lead them straight to you," Kenton said.

"Who is they?" Zunair questioned as the outpost guards came running up.

"You will find out soon enough," Kenton laughed as the two guards scooped him up and took off with him. Should he even return home, people will be in danger because of what happened here if his cousin was right about this so-called group. He needed to get back to the village and tell the hokage of what happened here but first he needs to find Lynn. His Byakugan eyes scanned the area until they landed on a small raccoon running around with an unusual chakra signature. A small laugh escaped his lips as he took off towards the animal.

"Lynn, is that you?" He questioned as he picked up the colored animal. Now if this was not her, he could have gotten mauled by the animal but it seemed to be true that it was her. Placing her on his shoulder. He muttered the words.

"I think we need to get back to base," he said as he formed the hand signs: Ram > Tiger > Dog > Snake > Bird > Dragon > Ram, and in an instance, they teleported back to the village.

[EXIT]
[TWC:4,908]
Lynn Uchiha
Lynn Uchiha
Citizen

Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:11 pm
In the distance, Lynn could see less than usual due to her lessened size. Dissipating the transformation right now might as well leave her dead to rights, though, so instead of reverting, she looks to a nearby tree to climb up, using her small form for added dexterity in jumping up the various small, twisted branches. Sufficiently up the trunk now, she turns herself around and perches on a particularly sturdy branch, her fluffy tail swaying side to side as she surveys the area. It takes a bit of squinting, but eventually, she can notice what's going on, with her ally and the stranger from before going about a few clashes. Never one to lose out on detail, she steps forwards to attempt and hone her vision in, as much as she can from her position that is, until what she saw earlier is completely confirmed; yeah, that man who was fighting Zunair had to be a Uchiha, as the telltale glow of crimson eyes shimmer in the distance, with one hundred percent certainty. Her jaw drops, and she can feel a typhoon of negative emotions swirl through her mind right in that moment, freezing her in what felt like time itself for the minute more it takes for the Hyuga to obliterate the wannabe conqueror into little more than ash with the incomparably powerful 'Dust Release: Atomic Dismantling' technique, of which she has no knowledge of whatsoever, not even its name.

Of course, she won't notice that until she's done sifting through her emotional quandary. "Why, why did it have to be a Uchiha?!" the panicking girl thought, holding her paws to her tiny little ears, tucking herself away to hide from no one at all. Internally, she continues her dialogue with herself. "No, but obviously it had to be one... that's just what the world thinks of us, cosmically putting my worst fears right in front of me; what would happen if I lost control, right? That's me, right there, toting around his fancy fucking bloody red eyes like he's the king of the goddamn world. No, no, fuck, why am I sitting here, trembling like a little coward? I... I can't let this control me anymore, damn it all! Keep it together! You have to do this... for... for yourself, like Zunair said! You gotta help him, even if it's scary... even if looking into those eyes only remind you of them... on the count of three, you're going to jump off this stupid hiding tree, you're gonna run up behind the fucker while he's fighting your new friend- no, he's not my friend, are you stupid?? And then, you'll stab him in the back with a kunai! Simple as that! Okay, counting now! One... two.... three-" That's the moment she realizes the guy's already dead, leaving literally no reason for her to rush in and help in the fight. It would be a lie if she didn't realize how relieved she was at this, as she wipes her face with her paw, even though there's no sweat there.

In reality, the Uchiha warrior was not a problem in the slightest for their ally. Instead, there was another person walking up to him, and they seem to have some sort of intense dialogue for a minute or two as she watches from afar. Even when their Byakugan is activated on both sides, and thus begins an expertly choreographed Taijutsu brawl, there's not really any other bit of fear in her mind. If anything, she just saw this display of power as some sort of measure of style than anything. As much chakra as Zunair most likely used for... whatever technique he used to decimate the thing of Lynn's nightmares, it's very clear to her that he has more, so if he wanted to, he could have ended the fight at any time. Instead, she's going to trouble herself with wandering the remains of the charred village, in hopes she can find some sort of clue of what happened, until the two men finish their silly little fight. Better than sitting there and doing nothing, since helping in that fight would more than likely just put her in the line of fire, making it more difficult for her companion to win.

Meandering along the sidelines, she starts to deftly crawl and maneuver through the messed up buildings like everything was a jungle gym, grimacing at the damages these hooligans caused. A few dead bodies here or there were scattered on the grounds as well, only adding into her appreciative side; even if she's as weak as a tissue, at least she helped save the rest of the remaining villagers. They could have suffered a worse fate at the hands of these monsters, and for all she knows, there's the chance that this was probably more important than fighting the great fight going on in the background... in fact, that's exactly how she feels right now. Wasn't she meant to serve? Sure, she's serving the military... but there hard to be another way to continue her work as a shinobi, within the limits of her own abilities, right? More about bettering herself, less about trying to be the badass everyone wanted her to be at some point... in retrospect, she can't believe how right Zunair's assumption really was. Really, she made so many mistakes up to this point... would she be able to make up for them at all, given what she'd done? Pushing away the only way she could have been something, by isolating herself and taking the easy way out... that's not the life she wants for herself, after this harrowing experience. There's still more to unpack, but determination is slowly wriggling its ugly head into her psyche, and it's hard for her to deny it, for once.

Another area she comes across is that of a small family's bunker, which was blown open from what she assumes is a direct fireball blast. Inside of it was a huge collection of canned goods, dried meats, pickled vegetables, sugared fruits, and all of the foodstuffs you'd assume someone would have in case of an emergency. For whatever reason, it felt like they were preparing for such a disaster to occur. Did these people know about the attack? Were they promised they'd be spared for some sort of offering, only to be betrayed by the invading force? Somehow she didn't doubt such a tactic being used, but it felt strange to see what was essentially a doomsday bunker in such a neat, proper house. Not many worried about the impending doom of the world, after all, especially seeing as many of the more dangerous creatures they've come across these days didn't even have the capability of taking out towns in a single blow. Instead, they had regular dangers to deal with - which still sucks, mind you - but not at all the world busting times that the past held. What a turn of events to be thankful for, really. Moving on now.

That's when she comes across one of the many relics of this recently destroyed village's past; a doll. It had hazelnut hair, wearing somewhat more formal clothes than what she's used to in the form of a pretty kimono, covered in pink flowers, all brought to ruin by the fires that consumed the house it was a part of. It was like looking into a two-way mirror, with how chilling the site is to her. In fact, its appearance bore striking similarities to someone she remembered, just now. That someone... weren't they her friend? Her only friend. Yes, it was her only friend that she was being reminded of. Upon closer inspection, and further thought, she crumples against herself when she realizes it. "Nagisa..." The words left her raccoon maw in but a whisper, losing its meaning in the chilly, biting winds of the night. Just saying it burnt a pit in her stomach, and the downwards spiral of regret would have began here. There were no words or thoughts uttered after this, as she couldn't bring herself to drown in her own despair when she had to get home safe, first. She could be depressed about it when she's back.

At the climax of Zunair and their cousin's duel, she sees a small notebook on the ground, right near the ash pile that used to be the invading Uchiha's body rested. Realizing this might be important for later, right before she meets up with the victorious Hyuga, she dashes over and grasps it in her teeth, securing it in her sharp canines to ensure she'd be able to hold it in a way she won't drop it. Then, finally she stumbles her way over to the silver haired Chunin, putting her front paws up in the air to help assist in getting her carried up and onto his shoulders. Indeed, it was her alright, and she made it known it was by basically clinging onto him for dear life as they're teleported out of the scene, a skill of which she had no recollection of being told this guy had. How many more surprises were they going to have until this day was over? Being at home and chugging an entire gallon of milk sure sounded wonderful right now.

Word Count Tracker:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum