Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Foxes and Puppets and Missions Oh My!Today at 3:19 amMinami OutomoSupermen of Science!Yesterday at 7:53 pmHebiishi OrochiHaunted MansionYesterday at 7:21 pmJoro ShokkuWorking With a New Friend!Yesterday at 6:13 pmToran UchihaTraining The YouthYesterday at 5:34 pmJoro ShokkuRogue NinjaYesterday at 5:23 pmJoro ShokkuCrop FailureYesterday at 4:55 pmJoro ShokkuFine DiningYesterday at 4:22 pmJoro ShokkuMissing BoyYesterday at 4:00 pmJoro ShokkuRampaging Wild AnimalYesterday at 3:36 pmJoro Shokku
Top posting users this month
190 Posts - 54%
48 Posts - 14%
21 Posts - 6%
19 Posts - 5%
17 Posts - 5%
17 Posts - 5%
14 Posts - 4%
10 Posts - 3%
9 Posts - 3%
6 Posts - 2%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Kato Uchiha
Citizen
Stat Page : Stats
Remove Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 30070

Sensei of the waves and seals [Yamato, and Mori]  - Page 2 Empty Re: Sensei of the waves and seals [Yamato, and Mori]

Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:17 pm
Kato was not exactly sure how to respond to Yamato when he asked if there was any reason in particular he was interested in the Water Release. Now that Kato thought about it, he was not sure, outside of the fact that he was pretty sure his father used it. "No reason in particular," Kato said with a shrug of his shoulder. "I just kind of like Water and the Jutsu you can learn are pretty sick." He thought back to some of the Jutsu he had read about as well as his old Sensei back in Konoha. He had been a Water User and he had showcased a sweet Water Dragon. "I always wanted to learn how to do the Water Dragon Bullet technique, I always thought it was super cool." He wondered how foolish it was to base his style on the coolness factor of it all. Eh, not that it mattered, it was what he wanted to do and he felt like he was beginning to get the hang of it anyways. 

As Mori began to talk about various different techniques, Kato paid very close attention to it all. The Hidden Mist technique was pretty cool and one he had not really studied all that much. Genjutsu, however, was something that had he had paid very close attention to. As an Uchiha, Genjutsu was something they studied often, and the Genjutsu Release was one of the basic jutsu that they tried to teach. With his Sharingan it made using it even simpler but he had not heard about being able to do it without a hand seal before. I guess it made sense when he really thought about it. There was an air of wisdom about Mori that surpassed even Yamato. He had clearly done things that Kato only fantasized about and all of the sudden he felt even more intrigued by the man. He fought every urge to pester him about his past and figure out just who he was. Maybe one day he would be able to catch him alone and really pick his brain. 

Kato was an impatient person and though he was incredibly interested in what was going on he felt he had to keep practicing his shadow clones. He performed the hand seals and the next few times improved greatly from his initial attempt. While it was not a perfect match he was getting much better and the clones were, at the very least, mobile and able to mimic actions. Kato spent a few moments messing around with one of the clones that was in front of him, touching it and watching as it reacted in very similar fashion to Kato. It was interesting to see something look so close to him without actually being him. It was definitely a case of uncanny valley as he knew it was a clone and it looked similar to him but something was just off. The eyes were displaced JUST enough or the fingers on the hands were just a little too long. He would have to keep perfecting it. 

Kato was thrown off guard when Hayato performed the Mist Technique. Though it was not nearly as thick as the one their superior had done it was still quite impressive. He could not see Hayato so he activated his Sharingan, excited to be able to show off his skill, but was disappointed when he realized he could not detect Hayato. "So this technique blocks out even my Sharingan!" Kato said excitedly. "This can be quite useful against Dojutsu!" He wondered why he was so excited to come across such a specific counter to his one advantage, the Sharingan. 

"Lets see how good I can do!" Kato said excitedly as he wanted to try out the Mist Technique as well. He took a moment to gather himself and focus. He had paid attention to Mori enough to know that Water was done from the stomach so he focused on kneading the Chakra there. He ran through the motions with the hand seals first to get the hang of it. Ox, Snake, Ram, Tiger. He repeated the motions multiple times before he would actually try the Jutsu. He did not want to have a dry drowning situation on his hands and suffocate right in front of everyone. Boy would that be a story. 

After a few moments of concentration and focus he performed the hand seals. Ox, Snake, Ram, Tiger, and then he felt the Chakra building up in his stomach. Slowly he exhaled from his mouth and a thick mist began to expel. His attempt was a bit better than Hayato's but most notably only because he had been able to see multiple people attempt the Jutsu before he attempted it. The Mist was not as thick as it could be but it was enough to cause a distraction or hide himself which was the entire point of the Jutsu. 

All of this was helping Kato to understand that, overall, he was not so bad at all this. Though he was not the greatest at learning new Jutsu and doing things he was at least capable of it. I mean, after all, here he was using a whole brand new element and new techniques. He thought back to the people who had written him off when he was at the Academy. People even from his own clan who had considered him to be a disgrace. The disappointing Uchiha. The Runt. Whatever they wanted to call him. Look at him now. He could use his Sharingan with relative skill, he knew two elements, and he was in Tanbo and becoming a great shinobi in his own right. He still had a ways to go in order to catch up to people like Mori or Yamato, but, with their help he could reach their level one day. 

Hayato was already on to the next Jutsu, the Syrup Catching jutsu. This one was interesting and a pretty good utility Jutsu all things considered. Kato did the same thing as last time, he watched Hayato first, and then he practiced the hand signs. He felt bad, though, as Hayato seemed disappointed in what he had accomplished. Kato walked over and gave him a pat on the back and a smile. "The first time I ever used the Great Fireball Jutsu, people were convinced I has hiding a match in my hand, but then other people pointed out that even a match had more of a flame than I produced." 

To prove his point, Kato took a step back, and he quickly performed a set of hand seals. Snake, Ram, Monkey, Tiger. He quickly flew through the hand signs and took a deep breath and then expelled a stream of fire that built up a Fireball that was easily 10 meters in diameter. He launched the jutsu down the longest path of the training area and watched as it fizzled out on the other side of the room. He turned back to Hayato and smiled again. "All it took was practice to be able to do that. So don't judge yourself based on your first attempts. The fact that you can even get anything to happen at all is a success in its own right." He smiled again and then decided he would show just how it looked when someone tried a Jutsu for the first time. 

Ram, Tiger, Ox, Bird, Dog. He built up the chakra in his stomach and focused intently on the Jutsu. He shot the sticky jutsu from his mouth and tried to get it on the wall. Instead all it did was hit it and slowly slide down harmlessly to the floor. He was, admittedly, happy it did not work better than Hayato's. He wondered if Hayato thought he was intentionally throwing it, but he wasn't, he had tried his hardest to make it work but that was the best he could muster. None the less, he was happy he had even attempted it and that it had semi worked. "See! If you ask me we are both right on track and we just need a little more practice." 

After he had performed the Jutsu, however, he was beginning to feel a bit woozy. All of this training must have worn on him a lot more than he had expected and he was beginning to get extremely tired. "Guys, I think that is all I am going to be able to muster today. I think I need to go and get some rest." He hated leaving so quickly but the longer he stood around the worse he was feeling. He would need to get home and maybe get some food inside of him and take a nice long rest. Though he was able to learn plenty of Jutsu he often felt his chakra reserves were not as good as the others. 

"Hayato, maybe we can get together soon and practice some more?" He genuinely meant it. The other Genin in the village, he was growing quite attached to, and he wanted them to improve their skills just as much as he wanted to improve his own. "Anyways... not feeling so well...." With that Kato took his leave and quickly returned home to get some food inside of him and a nap. 

EXITING TOPIC

WC: 1555
TWC: 2818

Claims:
Shinrei Yamato
Shinrei Yamato
Jounin
Jounin
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Yamato

Mission Record : Yamato's Record
Living Clones : Kanzaki
Ryota
Legendary Equipment : Jōki no Yoroi
Remove Remove Bukijutsu Fūinjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Fuinjutsu
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 0

Sensei of the waves and seals [Yamato, and Mori]  - Page 2 Empty Re: Sensei of the waves and seals [Yamato, and Mori]

Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:30 pm
Approved, thank you for your patience.
Komori
Komori
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Faded Glory
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Ryo : 23750

Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:55 am

Komori

Hayato was polite, if not overly so. Perhaps this was actually the normal threshold of courtesy, and he himself was the odd one out, who had grown up in such a strange manner. This was shortly before Hayato began to try to get the hang of the body flicker technique, a jutsu which Komori himself rarely if ever used. When prompted, he would respond to Yamato, “Do you know of any techniques you’d prefer to see?” He did not have much time to react, before Yamato barred him with another question. “Well, lightning is my other preferred element. I haven’t used anything besides water or lightning in quite a long time. I can’t really help you with earth, but if you want to learn lightning, it really comes down to your spine.” He sought to explain lightning as he did water, based on his own personal interpretation. “You feel the electricity coursing down your back and invigorating the rest of your body with renewed energy. If you need an example, I can show you after I finish the water bit, while I have their attention.” He gestured to the genin with his right hand.

While Yamato might ponder over what was said, Mori would then finish his demonstration and turn to face the inquiring Yuki, “I’m sure there exists a way, but I personally am unsure.” Hayato did, however, glance between him and Yamato. He hesitated for a moment, then opted to share information on one technique he favored that might catch the boy’s attention. “There is a rain technique, however, that allows for the user to have knowledge of what the raindrops touch.” He, of course, was speaking of one of his preferred openers, Rain Tiger at Will. Whether or not Hayato chose to take on the Sensory specialty to unlock this potential remained to be seen, but Komori himself was still rather clueless about some of the newer aspects of the eternal arms race in which the world always appeared to be. Before Hayato was able to practice the techniques, Mori called out to his friend to gather his attention and provide two questions with one answer. “Yamato, this would be another one for you, as well.” He had used this jutsu a few times during periods of drought when the rivers and fields needed more water. He raised his tattooed arm once again, signing the required handseals, as he had gotten far too rusty with its usage to be able to perform it without needing the hand signs. Besides, he was trying to demonstrate the technique, so the seals were necessary to that end. As soon as the final sign was completed, dark rain clouds gathered above their heads and began to rain within a span of 50 meters. The rain that quickly began to fall gave off the air of Komori’s chakra, surrounding them all and letting them know that this was his doing. He closed his eye and allowed for several droplets to land on Hayato, Kato, and Yamato, allowing him to see them without the need for visual contact. He then dispersed the storm just as fast as it had appeared, before anyone became too soaked for comfort, opening his eye once more.

Mori would respond in kind to any questions and statements that arose from this technique, responding to Yamato in kind, “Aside from the jumping and body flicker tips that you provided earlier, I can’t really think of any other pointers off the top of my head. To tell the truth, experience is the best teacher.” As for the fears, he would continue, “That’s when you make friends with someone with earth release that can alter landscapes into hills, mountains, or chasms. A water release user can make and manipulate a river to teach shinobi how to respond more to their environment, particularly one where aspects of it can fight back. A wind release user to simulate chilling air in more frigid environments. That’s actually one of the reasons I love that rain technique so much: it can be used to teach people to respond in an environment where they’re at a stark disadvantage.” Despite his talking staying consistent, he found it partially strange that Blondie was attempting to stare deep into his eye as well as his eyepatch. Provided Yamato was content with the responses, the robed man would turn to address Hayato, who had asked him about the manner he signs. “Many shinobi-” he almost stopped the word as it left his mouth, not that it would do him any good having shown off this much already. His eye flicked between the two genin to gauge any reaction, as Yamato was already somewhat aware of his past experiences, before continuing without missing a beat, “-are able to cast their techniques after some time like it’s second nature. People like myself have gone through the motions so many times, that we can tell just how much chakra it takes to cast an ability, channel that amount into a single arm for the casting, and free up our other hand in the meantime. Truly skilled fighters can use this trick to perform two techniques at once.”

Komori would again allow any responses to be said before moving on to Hayato as he attempted to perform the jutsu that Eyepatch-san had just displayed, harking back to his old shinobi academy days. Komori had nodded along to the request, and was now observing. Is this when one realizes how old they have become? When something as simple as a genin trying to master a technique makes you feel nostalgic for days since passed? Kato had seemingly spent much of his time working on the shadow clone technique, up until Hayato had worked on the mist technique. It was at this moment that he had, for some reason unbeknownst to Komori, announced that he possessed a sharingan. The former shinobi arched an eyebrow, one that could not be seen well through the mist, but let his face falter all the same back to a relaxed expression. He spoke up at the end of both of their attempts to give some pointers, “With the Hidden Mist Technique, it’s more about controlling your breathing. A lot of what I say with chakra is metaphorical. You don’t breathe from your stomach, but Mist relies on you exhaling kneaded chakra from your stomach and out of your mouth. Don’t think too hard about it.” This last piece of advice here being the most important. There had been a time where Komori had thought far too hard on every technique he was learning as well, and it led to an overdose of training and severe burnout. He did not want to see anyone, let alone these upcoming Tanbo nin, deal with that fallout. Tanbogakure was just… brighter than Kumogakure had really ever been. It would be a shame to lose that sparkle before it could truly shine.

Kato seemed to get the mist technique a bit faster than Hayato, but that was understandable. People learned at different paces. The Yuki had already moved on to the Starch Syrup technique, which was better performed, generally speaking. Before Komori could even offer advice, Kato seemed to take the initiative on cheering up the other, which caused the corner of Mori’s mouth to tug upwards into a sly grin. Granted, it was a strange way to cheer someone up by telling them how bad you had been, but Mori supposed that people found solace in each other’s failures. Luckily for their mentalities, it seemed that they rightfully viewed these failures as roadblocks, rather than dead ends, which was the right mentality for carrying on. Komori stayed silent as he watched Kato launch a fireball of friendship for reassurance and then perform the same technique as Hayato. “For the Starch Syrup Capturing Field, you need to go against that flow you feel with water in general. It’s a bit of an advanced move, but I figured it’d be more useful than a water dragon,” came the calm reply, trailing off slightly at the end. At this time, Kato excused himself to leave, and Komori made sure to memorize his signature for… reasons. His chakra gave off a warm and open energy, akin to that of a sunny day. While making this mental note, Komori had forgotten, for a moment, that Kato had mentioned the water dragon earlier. He thought to call out to the boy, but noticed the signs of fatigue and opted to let him go, if the hint of a water dragon was not enough to garner his interest. Forcing him to stay when he was already tired would only serve to fuel the inherent burnout that came with pushing oneself too hard. Should Yamato have an interest in lightning, Komori would use this opportunity to demonstrate a lightning technique. Otherwise, he would remain for any further questions, as well as to gauge Hayato’s progress and show Kato a water dragon, if he chose to stick around after all.

WC: 1509
TWC: 3096

[Providing an opportunity to interrupt Kato's exit, if he chooses to stick around]
Hayato Yuki
Hayato Yuki
Citizen
Stat Page : Frigid Blade
Remove Bukijutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Ryo : 21270

Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:19 am
Hayato’s first few attempts had a lot of eyes on them. He’d asked for it, but it was just hitting him that he had failed in front of so many eyes. Kato had comforted the boy by explaining how bad he was and showing off his fire jutsu. Hayato watched as his syrup starch catching jutsu was in need of some work as well. Hayato found it a little funny that Kato had decided to try and comfort him. It was only his first try and Kato was right that getting any effect at all was something to be proud of. It wasn’t enough though Hayato wanted to be combat ready soon. He wanted to be a true protector of Tanbo. Thank you Kato, I know the road to becoming a powerful shinobi is a long one. I won't be too discouraged by a single failure. Hayato stated. You’re pretty good at ninjutsu…we should practice sometime soon… Hayato wanted to spar with Kato. He would have to send something to him about it later.

Mori and Yamato had watched him and Mori had offered advice on each technique, single hand signs, and even displayed a technique that caused it to rain! Hayato was amazed by the technique; he had looked up at the sky and blinked a few times. He wanted to ask about it, but he filed it away as a question for later. He had listened to Mori speaking with Yamato and noticed that the man had let it slip that he had connections with other shinobi in the past. Hayato had assumed that, but now it was out in the open he wondered how Yamato would respond. It was obvious to Hayato that Yamato was prodding the eyepatched farmer for information after his last line of questioning. It wasn’t the boy's place to step into such discussions plus he had his own things to dig into.

As Kato tried to make his leave, Mori offered a new technique, but the tired Kato didn’t bite. Hayato thought he himself wouldn't have been able to resist, but Kato was truly tired it seemed.

Mori was going to introduce lightning to Yamato while Hayato practiced. Hayato went back to the mist technique with the advice from Mori in his mind. “With the Hidden Mist Technique, it’s more about controlling your breathing. A lot of what I say with chakra is metaphorical. You don’t breathe from your stomach, but Mist relies on you exhaling kneaded chakra from your stomach and out of your mouth. Don’t think too hard about it.” was he already thinking about it too much? Hayato wondered, but he was sure he understood it a bit better now.

He weaved the signs again. Ox, Snake, Ram, Tiger. With each sign he kneaded the chakra in his stomach and thinned it out. The difference maker was he controlled his exhale more and let the mist rise from within. This process produced a thick and heavy cloud slowly escaping from the boy’s mouth. It was smaller than the one Mori had produced, but it was no less potent. Hayato nodded as he dispelled the jutsu. He was satisfied with it.

Next the syrup jutsu again he weaved the signs Ram, Tiger, Ox, Bird, Dog. He kneaded more water in his stomach. With each attempt, he felt the amount of water he could produce slowly increase. The advice Mori had offered was a bit cryptic. Hayato expelled the liquid resulting in a large volume of viscous, but not sticky water. He let out a quick exhale under his breath.

The boy walked over to his bag and took out the jutsu encyclopedia. Hayato thumbed through the book and found the entry of the sticky water technique. The hand signs mentioned where one less than what Mori had taught. Hayato decided that he would give that a try next. He also saw a few interesting techniques he had labeled as important or interesting on his first read. He decided he would ask the two men if they knew or had any opinions on them after he attempted the water jutsu once more.

He stood up and weaved his signs. Ram, Tiger, Ox, Dog. The liquid filled his stomach and he focused on reversing the flowing feeling he had felt as the kneed the chakra and expelled the jutsu at the same time. The results were much better. When Hayato stepped in the liquid he was unable to pull himself out. HE had to release the technique to escape.

He wasn’t sure if Mori or Yamato had been watching, but it didn’t matter; he was certain that he could do it now. All he needed was more practice. Next he would try something rather difficult. Hayato was interested in how Mori had said you could use 2 jutsu at once if you were skilled. Hayato used one hand to weave the hand signs for the Shadow clone jutsu, while moving the other hand around as much as he could. It was hard to keep his focus, but Hayato had been meditating for a while now. His focus was above that of your average 15 year old.

Once he finished a puff of smoke appeared and an identical looking Hayato appeared next to him for about 10 seconds before it disappeared.

Hatyato beamed; he was rather proud of his progress, and thought of calling it a day but he recalled something Yamato had said earlier that got swept away with all the action occurring on the training field.

Hayato decided to respond to Yamato after all, but he would wait until there was an opening in the lesson between Mori and Yamato. Captain Yamato, you asked about other disciplines…I am interested in ninjutsu primarily as a complement to my swordsmanship, but there are a few other skills that fall outside of that discipline that I think could be useful… I have an interest in sealing techniques as well as basic sensory capabilities. I think I might have a lot to handle though… Hayato thought for a second bringing his hand to his chin. Sealing and unsealing items from a scroll and a way to track items that have been sealed could be a simple enough?

The boy held up the encyclopedia displaying the highlighting and sticky tabs that made the copy uniquely Hayato’s. He thumbed through and pointed out the techniques he thought could be useful. Namely the mark sensing technique and the basic sealing jutsu. He would then address Mori directly. Mori-san It’s rare to have someone of your seeming skill and experience available so forgive me for asking another favor of you… The boy prefaced his next question with the niceties he thought were necessary for someone he didn’t know too well. Especially an elder. I had trouble using the form of syrup starch catching jutsu you displayed, so I used the signs here. The output was certainly weaker and that made me think…. He turned the pages and pointed down to a poorly described jutsu.

This ninjutsu enhancer technique… is that what you used? Is this a useful skill to know? I also noticed this technique… He turned the page once. This technique Minus field has an opposite effect? Do you think simply hindering an opponent is worth the time in combat? Hayato had asked for more practical advice about the techniques listed, but he certainly could do with a demonstration.    

[WC:1233]
[TWC:4163]
all jutsu and skills and elements listed before are complete at this word count
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021
Stat Page : Glorious Evolution
Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 24500

Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:01 am

Yamato

Yamato wasn’t satisfied with the answers he was being given. He chose to remain silent for a bit, as Mori continued to demonstrate his techniques for the shinobi in training. "Impressive." he couldn’t help but comment, once he demonstrated the one he made sure Yamato would pay attention to. Calling rain through Ninjutsu. It seemed fitting for a retired shinobi, now a farmer. In fact, even for Yamato it seemed useful. The farms were Tanbogakure’s greatest treasure. Anything that would aid the process of farming was integral to Tanbo’s arsenal.

He watched as Mori performed more stuff. Some seemed interesting. Some basic. Even at points where Yamato wasn’t learning something new, he was enjoying watching this man whom he had befriended recently take charge in a field he claimed he had given up. There was almost some joy to be found. Yamato, however, was doubtful. Downright scared. He had to know if Mori was friend or foe, and he had to know soon. This limbo was painful, despite how short a time the two had spent together.

His question had been ignored by Mori. Nothing necessarily suspicious, but it was something to note. It was hard to get a straight answer from him. Harder than Yamato liked. Kato learned all he wanted to learned, and left. Yamato waved him goodbye, acknowledging his performance today with a proud nod. He seemed promising. Yamato made a mental note to talk to him about the procedure he had been working on. The mark he had found writings on some time ago. Perhaps Kato was strong enough to face this deadly promise of power head-on. It remained to be seen.

Hayato seemed to be adamant on training. He didn’t appear to be on his way out yet. Yamato appreciated it, silently. Time would come to congratulate and celebrate his peers. He didn’t want to distract the focus on training. Then Hayato spoke about his interest in seals. A smile appeared on Yamato’s face. It was no secret he was studying that subject, whether Hayato already knew about it or not. "I would love to teach you some of the basic, Hayato." he answered the Genin with a small nod.

He reached down to a pocket on the side of his jacket, and took out a notebook. He flipped through the pages. He gesture for Hayato to approach him. He didn’t let most people scour through his notes, but this was a good occasion to do it, and Hayato seemed trustworthy enough. The pages he would need to see were also the more impersonal ones. "The thing about Fuuinjutsu is that it requires a deeper, more mechanical understanding before you actually cast the Jutsu. In physical artforms, you might get used to muscle memory. Even with Ninjutsu and its branches there’s a certain ‘feeling’ you can associate with a technique to perform it without much more thought than remembering the handseals. Pay attention to the seals. Memorize them. Understand what the lines mean. Then you will be able to do  things you would have not even thought of when first starting. Let me show you some of the starter ones.".

Yamato then shared his notes on a few beginner Fuuinjutsu techniques for Hayato, and performed them in front of him for good measure. He explained out loud what each technique was named, what it did and how it could be useful. The basic sealing technique, the mark seal, Fuuinjutsu breaking and Fuuinjutsu lock… Then he pondered for a minute, and spoke again, "Now you didn’t ask for these next ones, but I believe they are some useful things you’re better off implementing along with the seals I taught you. Some of them dabble into territories other than purely Fuuinjutsu, but they’re still pretty easy to understand and train. Here we go.". He continued with his teaching. He explained and performed two more techniques, ‘Mark Tracking’ and ‘Seal Sense’.

With the teaching session on hold once again, Yamato felt it was a good time to speak to Mori. He walked up to his friend. If Hayato was performing the tricks he taught him at this moment, he was still watching the Yuki. "So..." he said to Mori, once he was close enough that he could speak silently so only the two would hear, "How does it feel? Being back in the shinobi world - even if by the slightest margin. Did it put the bug back in you?". Yamato, his arms joined behind his back, stood straight and waited for a response.

Post WC: 755
Total WC: 2319

Komori
Komori
Citizen
Survived 2021

Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:42 am

Komori

It truly seemed as though Kato was done for the day. An understandable outcome, and Mori did not wish to push him any further. “Another time, then,” would be his farewell to the apparent Uchiha who spoke too brazenly of his coveted dojutsu. Komori observed Hayato’s further attempts at performing hidden mist, attempts upon which the boy was thankfully beginning to improve. Progress was the word to use when describing the starch syrup field that the Yuki had attempted to recreate, at least until he had spent some time studying a familiar looking book, all the while the more experienced of the two were continuing their earlier discussion. At the very least, the genin was able to use the clone seal single handedly, which was no small feat for someone who had only just learned the shadow clone technique in addition to being provided the knowledge that one handed seals were possible.

Upon the completion of his individual training session, the genin approached the pair and addressed Yamato as a captain, prompting a raised eyebrow from the ex-kage standing beside him. It was strange to him to be on the outside of being asked for fuinjutsu knowledge. Komori had once been the go to for fuinjutsu in the land of clouds. Unbeknownst to his companions for the day, he had sealed several of the legendary tailed beasts into his former Kumogakure comrades in arms: a two tailed cat made of blue flames into Reizo, a three tailed turtle that controlled coral into Sakana, and a six tailed worm that spewed acid into Nobunaga. All achieved while using a special fuinjutsu seal that he had since discarded, never once using this gained power for himself. It was around the time he had ascended to the throne of kage that he had started looking away from sealing, as fuinjutsu was largely supplemental and a leader needs to focus more on strength. At least, that was how he used to think. Truth be told, a leader was one who led his people, yes, but leading them to become their better selves, whether in a supporting role or not, should have always been the priority. Perhaps if he had thought he would have become a leader, he would have kept one of the beasts for himself, but instead he had always chosen to help others. He had lost sight, in more ways than one, of that some time ago. That itch for fuinjutsu longed to be scratched. Luckily for Komori, Yamato was here with all of his basic fuinjutsu needs. He paid far more attention than he had initially expected in order to get a refresher course on what he had once known.

All throughout Yamato’s crash course, Komori could not shake the inherent feeling that Hayato thought that he was old. Despite his own worn appearance, he was only in his early to mid twenties, not even twice the boy’s age. He had stopped counting some time ago. Yet, the reverence of a village elder was an ego boost that was not shirked lightly. “It wasn’t the enhancer technique, no,” he answered plainly. “Many techniques have the capacity to become stronger when proper handseals are added onto the base sequence. The enhancer, amplifier, whatever you want to call it follows this line of reasoning, but allows it to apply to all techniques instead of just a select few. Like this.” Drawing attention to his right hand, the farmer single handedly signed the Tiger → Boar → Rat signs for the rank of the amplifier technique that Hayato had requested. At the same moment, he used his alternate hand to sign Dog → Ram → Rat → Ox → Tiger → Dog at the same speed, which allowed for the amplifier to finish before Komori launched the secondary technique, placing the enhanced stats into the speed of the technique to allow for the most discernible difference. Three pale white birds only ten centimeters long appeared from Komori’s body and perched on his shoulders, exuding a soft glow. On an unspoken command, one of the birds took flight and flew off at an increased speed. “Usually, one wouldn’t be that fast,” he commented, to himself more than anything. A more apt demonstration may have involved him summoning the birds in the first place for a more distinguishable difference, but he was already committed. “But that was my intent. The primary way to use enhancers is to increase speed, power, or both. Just keep in mind that splitting your focus takes away from reaching your full potential.” He was, of course, referring to focusing solely on power or speed as opposed to splitting the amplifier into both evenly, but Hayato was more than welcome to interpret this however he wished.

Continuing on the other question asked to him, Mori continued, now with two chakra birds on either shoulder that would hopefully not distract the genin from taking him seriously, “Hindering your opponent is always a viable strategy.” Komori had once held the reputation of a deceiver, though he was in part unaware of this. His inherent ability to read others and play to their weaknesses may have contributed. “However, at the level of genin, your focus should primarily be on what you can do to improve. You won’t get far if you spend all your time trying to make others fail and lose sight of your own desire to succeed.” If only he himself had been given this advice years ago. “If you’re still interested in Minus Field in the future, feel free to ask me again in the future.”

With Hayato more than likely preoccupied by what he has just been shown by both of the apparent teachers, Yamato took the opportunity to ask him a question. “Perhaps,” came his noncommittal response. He then followed it up, “A bit, at least. The way these two went through the whole trial and error routine,” his voice trailed off wistfully. “Reminds me of my academy days.” He spoke with an air only attainable by men whose glory days were behind them. Another life, it seemed. “How about yourself?” Komori had a habit of redirecting. “Watching these kids learn some tricks. Does it make you want to learn more?” There was a slight lull in his voice that was almost challenging in a manner. Should Yamato be receptive, Komori would raise two fingers and place them on Blondie’s forehead. In a single moment, the intricacies of Mind’s Eye of the Kagura, Eye Mind Reading, and Hiding with Camouflage would be shared with Yamato, communicated through Ninshu Commune. If Yamato had any questions after the mental link was severed, Komori would answer them as needed.

WC: 1116
TWC: 4212

Hayato Yuki likes this post

Hayato Yuki
Hayato Yuki
Citizen
Stat Page : Frigid Blade
Remove Bukijutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Ryo : 21270

Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:49 pm
Hayato listened adamantly to Yamato’s explanation of sealing techniques. The subject seemed to require more book learning and memorization than a practiced control of one’s chakra. Yamato showed off some of the basics. Hayato noticed Yamato's more professorly qualities. It felt like the boy was back in the academy. Hayato didn’t mind the feeling. He was always a more bookish person than he was a learn by doing person. In this regard fuinjutsu suited him. Yamato showed him a large number of techniques that one could do with these kanji-like symbols. The lock, mark and breaking techniques seemed simple enough.  

Hayato’s eyes poured over the hand written notes Yamato showed him. It seemed like Yamato had been studying for a long time. Hayato let the man speak until he was addressed, nodding along with understanding acknowledging the teaching being provided. After Yamato finished, Hayato decided he would give them all a try but thanks to the explanation, the mechanical process, and the encyclopedia he would know if he did well.

Next, Mori spoke up about the enhancement. It seemed like he had gotten it wrong. The ninjutsu amplifier could be applied to all jutsu, and many jutsu could be enhanced further by more specified hand signs. That made sense to Hayato. He mused whether the strongest or weakest version of a jutsu was created first but quickly brought his attention back to the jutsu being displayed. Using one handed sealing was a great teaching method. The boy wasn’t familiar with the jutsu’s strength beforehand, so being shown the jutsu at a boosted speed was somewhat lost on him. He stifled a laugh as Mori came to the same realization.

The following advice on reaching one’s full potential, and  what to focus on as a genin was striking. Hayto wasn’t sure if Mori meant that he shouldn’t try to learn lots of techniques at once and deviate from his style, or if he was mostly focused on the ninjutsu amp. When someone drops a wise nugget it’s difficult to speak up and say you don’t understand. Hayato was running low on social energy as it was. He nodded, choosing to accept both answers as the truth.

Thank you for showing me Mori-san, and for the sealing lesson Captain. He gave them each a deep bow. I’ve taken up much of your time, and I believe you had business together? I’ll practice over there for a while longer… He trailed off and pointed away from the pair. The boy walked a bit farther away choosing to give them their space.

First he would attempt the ninjutsu enhancement skill on a ninjutsu he knew he could use. Just like Mori had done in his example. Tiger, then boar, then rat in his left hand. Ram then Horse then dog on his right. He decided to split the boost evenly for testing purposes only. He enhanced the spiritual bullet’s potential energy and size at an even ratio, and it showed. It was the largest and least stable spirit gun technique he had ever made. It was so simple using a few hand signs to build up chakra in the body before performing the technique! It made perfect sense to Hayato allowing him to master the technique faster than all the rest. Bang… He said as he collapsed his thumb onto his index finger and fired the bullet at a wooden dummy. The light blue bullet sailed across the training ground and pieced clean through the wooden dummy. It was fortunate that the bullet was not too much larger than his index finger and only made a smallish hole. He looked around hoping no one noticed or cared about the wellbeing of the dummy, before he quickly decided to move onto Fuinjutsu practice.

The subject of sealing would be the earth today. First the mark seal. Hayato would make the dog hand sign and channeling chakra into making a dot at the point of his finger. He placed his finger on the earth. A small circle appeared then disappeared. It was simple enough. Hayato made the dog hand seal and felt the chakra flared signaling to Hayato that it still existed.

Next he would need to know how to break his own seals. The fuinjutsu breaking technique was up next. The boy touched the seal and channeled his chakra into the place where the little dot was located. Hayato ran his chakra through the dot “erasing” it. Breaking something is always easier than building it. He felt his chakra easily rend the dot out of existence. So far, fuinjutsu was much easier for him than ninjutsu.

Next he wanted to try sealing and unsealing a simple shuriken. This was the sealing jutsu he was the most interested in.He took out a blank scroll and drew out the array for sealing. He was aware that the sealing could be created through hand signs, but drawing the symbols would help him understand them more. A sealing array was large and complicated, but it didn’t take Hayato too long. He was methodical and determined in creating the array by hand. After he had finished writing it out, he placed a shuriken in the center of the array. He then made the hand signs: dog, snake, ram, ox, and held his hand over the shuriken. After a puff of smoke the shuriken disappeared into the scroll. Alright! Hayato was pleased with himself. He then made the signs again and let his chakra into the array. The shuriken came back from the void. The jutsu was pretty easy. Hayato noted that you needed to be careful not to give the array too much or too little chakra. If you did either nothing would happen or the array would break.

Hayato took one of his weapon pouches off of his hip and placed it on the ground in front of him. The Fuinjutsu locking jutsu didn’t seem too complicated, but more so than the mark seal for sure. He needed to create a more complicated pattern that had an effect besides containing and broadcasting it’s chakra. Hayato opened the encyclopedia and examined the pattern used in a common genin level locking once again. He copied it with his finger using his chakra to draw the symbols one by one. After a short time he was done. He weaved the hand signs: Dog, Ox, Dragon, Tiger. He pressed his hand against his seal and felt his chakra drain into the array. He tried to open the pouch normally and found it bound shut. Success. Hayao placed his hand on the seal once again his chakra sured through the array but this time he broke it finding the weak spot in the seal came naturally and it ceased to exist. The array he had carefully drawn disappeared.

He wiped a bit of sweat from his brow. While sealing didn’t take much of his chakra comparatively to the ninjutsu practice, It did take a lot more of his concentration. The next two jutsu were of the sensory type but still related to sealing. He wondered if he would be able to use this kind of technique without being a sensory type ninja. Regardless, he pulled a shuriken out of his pouch and marked it with the mark seal. Hayato tossed the shuriken at a wooden dummy not too far away from him. With a Thunk, it sunk into the head of the dummy.

Hayato took a deep breath and held the ram sign. It seemed like all he needed to do was to find the chakra signal attached to the shuriken. He focused and tried to feel where the signal was even though he was aware it would be over near the wooden target dummy.

He felt nothing. He wasn’t sure how long it would take even though Yamato had given him pretty clear instructions. He waited a bit longer and tried to contain his chakra deeper within himself. Then he started to feel it. A general pinging in the general area around the wooden dummy. His eyes opened and his chakra re-entered his system. He didn’t feel the pinging anymore, but it was done. He could at least rely on this to find the general area of a target or Item.

Next was the final technique Yamato taught, this one he thought he could use on Yamato while he spoke to Mori. Dog, Rat, Hare, He weaved the last signs of the day. He looked around with his new sight. He could see the seal on his shuriken, and not much else. He looked at both Mori and Yamato and saw nothing. Perhaps they had no seals on their bodies? Or Maybe his sight wasn’t enough? Regardless he released the jutsu.

Hayato sighted and stretched his body he could tell even he was starting to run a bit low on chakra. Trying and failing jutsu all day had left him sapped. His body was still restless though. He decided to pick up his sword and give it a few swings until he tired out. It was then that he realized that he could do something interesting. He ran chakra through his sword as he had done many times before, and released it with a swing of his blade. The wave of chakra separated into a few blades and dissipated after traveling a little while.

The rupture technique he’d seen from many of the swordsmen around he was able to copy just from watching. It was simple when he broke it down. It was like the samurai saber technique and the bark technique combined. The innovation that he released he could make was adding a chakra nature into this simple shape change. He weaved a few general hand signs and swung his blade again letting the chakra fly after he converted it to water style. The arcs were wider and left a trail of water. Hayato’s eyes lit up. This was the ultimate combination of bukijutsu and ninjutsu. He sheathed his sword and started to walk to collect his items. As he took his first steps, his body swayed. He was really tired now. He quickly grabbed his things and headed over to the pair to bid them goodbye.

He would wait until there was an opening or lull and speak up. Captain Yamato, Mori-san, Thanks again for your help.. I’ve exhausted myself today, but I will continue to practice. One day I will put what you’ve taught me to good use… Hayato would put out a fist covered with his palm and bowed deeply to both of them. I will make sure to treat you both to a meal at Taika’s sometime if you would allow it… He offered a simple gesture of gratitude, but he wouldn't force them to accept. Hayato turned on his heels and started to leave the training field with one hand raised in the air as a wave.  

[WC:1818]
[TWC:5981]  
EXIT

claiming:
118 AP from max stats

Water release[1000/1000] 75% discount
One handed seals [500/500] 75% discount
Shadow clone [375/375] ] 75% discount
Water Release: Starch Syrup Capturing Field c rank [275/275] ] 75% discount
Hidden Mist [375/375] ] 75% discount
Ninjutsu Enhancement C rank [250/250 ] 75% discount
Seal Sense C rank [250/250]  75% discount
Fuinjutsu break D rank [125/125]  75% discount
Fuinjutsu lock D rank [125/125]  75% discount
Mark Tracking [250/250] ]75% discount
Basic Seal [125/125]  75% discount
Body flicker [125/125]  75% discount
Genjutsu release [63/63]   75% discount + [63/63] to master
Mark Seal [63/63]  75% discount
Rupture A rank [1875/1875] 25% discount

Total WC req: 5839

142 remaining with 25% discount =177 [177/2000] for whistle trigger
Fu
Fu
Jounin
Jounin
Stat Page : Fu's Fat Stats
Familiar : Archie the Bear
Remove Remove Remove Bukijutsu Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 176650

Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:05 am
Approved
Komori
Komori
Citizen
Survived 2021

Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:42 pm
Howdy Hayato,

Keep in mind you can't get trained AP while using discounts of any sort per Stat Rules.

"Characters with Maxed Stats can train their AP at a rate of 2AP for 100 words. However, this cannot be done whilst the character is using any type of discount."
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021
Stat Page : Glorious Evolution
Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 24500

Thu May 12, 2022 9:21 am

Yamato

The students had left. This could have been a good time to get some answers out of Mori. But it hardly seemed like the place. Perhaps they could have gotten the chance to set the record straight later.

Mori seemed benevolent. At least for now.
Perhaps Yamato’s suspicions were unfounded.

The visions given to him were confusing at first, but after a few seconds Yamato eased into the feeling of the weird illusion, and started paying attention. Interesting. It was like the knowledge of the techniques were being loaded directly into his brain. This was a great power. Yamato focused on technique that connected the minds of the two shinobi, on top of the techniques the visions themselves were showing him.

After a short time, the visions were over. “Thank you, Mori. That was an interesting experience. I guess learning is a lot different than what it was when I was at the academy. I do have some nostalgia, yes, but I enjoy my current place in the world. I would not give it up for anything, especially being back in school. But… What I’m hearing is that you do still have some love for the shinobi life, huh?”. Yamato chuckled. “I won’t push it, of course. Take it as slow and far as you want, and not a bit more. You know where to find me if you are interested in getting involved at any calibre.”.

He brushed his jacket. “Speaking of which, I think it is my time to leave. I have some paperwork to attend to. But if you would like, we can join later and talk all of it through?”. Yamato offered Mori his hand. If uninterrupted, he left the training grounds to attend to his work.

Yamato walked back home. The sensory techniques he had learned today weighed heavy on his mind. He was positioning himself to be a master in the field. He wondered what new things he could do with these new tricks, and how he could involve them with what aces he already had up his sleeves. 

Some of it was sketchy. 
He had to think about it.

He was focused on his seals first and foremost, but there may have been a way to involve this new knowledge of Ninshu in his work. 

Post WC: 291
Total WC: 2701

Exit

Learning from Mori with training field discount
500 words for One-Handed Seals
500 words for Ninshu
625 words for Mind's Eye of the Kagura
375 words for Ninshu: Commune
688 words for Starch Syrup Capturing Field

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum