Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Shiru IyasuToday at 3:59 amDr.NoDeathThe Culling Games: The FinalYesterday at 8:50 pmHimari HyuugaThe Culling Games: Ninth MatchYesterday at 7:37 pmHimari HyuugaMy Immortal Yesterday at 6:02 pmTalon TauMerchant MonsterYesterday at 5:58 pmHebiishi OrochiIlluminate the UmbraYesterday at 4:32 amJunko TsukikoDoctor DaysYesterday at 4:09 amJunko TsukikoSpa Spy SessionYesterday at 3:56 amJunko TsukikoJunko TsukikoYesterday at 3:21 amJunko TsukikoA Few Errands to RunSat May 04, 2024 2:13 pmAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
16 Posts - 39%
8 Posts - 20%
5 Posts - 12%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
1 Post - 2%
1 Post - 2%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Goro Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : [url=statpage]Stat Page[/url]
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : --
Ryo : 0

Making Friends, a book by Goro, Moeri, and Nero Empty Making Friends, a book by Goro, Moeri, and Nero

Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:01 pm
If you could minmax stats, Goro would probably be the embodiment of dumping every stat in INT, resulting in negative modifiers for WIS and CHA. His social skills and common sense were concerning at best, which was perhaps why he was using his free time on this… Odd summons to socialiaze.

The tavern in this area of the Peppermint Town was mostly frequented by Kumogakure shinobi, and given the positive relationship between their village and Kiri, it seemed like a decent place to make friends.

Unfortunately for him, though, Goro didn’t actually have anything to prove he was a ninja. Indeed, he was summoned in his pajamas and house sandals, with no kunai or headband to prove his residence.

Either way, though, this was his first time out of the village in a very long time, and his first time out of Island Country at all. The bartender slid him a glass of orange juice, having taken one look at his face and immediately refused to serve him any spirits.

Did he really look like someone who’d cause trouble?...

… Don’t answer that.

Either way, the new environment was time to interact with new peers who didn’t have an immediately negative perception of him. That was something he highly looked forward to, so he wanted to put his best foot forward, pajamas notwithstanding.

At least he still had candy in his pockets, though. He’d been planning to eat it before getting summoned, but maybe they’d make a good friendship bribe…

[WC: 250]
[Total WC: 250]
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Glorious Evolution
Remove Fūinjutsu Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Village : Otogakure
Ryo : 24500

Making Friends, a book by Goro, Moeri, and Nero Empty Re: Making Friends, a book by Goro, Moeri, and Nero

Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:26 pm

Yamato Tanaka

Post WC: 289
Total WC: 289

AP:

200/200

It was a weird town. Yamato still had a lot of suspicion as to where they were. An alternate reality maybe? Someone’s pocket dimension? He had not attempted to return home yet, so there was the smallest shred of a fear in his mind that they might be trapped. Yamato had been busy with the jobs Yoi was paying him to do, and hadn’t gotten the chance to walk around the town yet. The town seemed far too jolly for Yamato’s liking. The serene farmstead he had been teleported from was anything but this energetic.

A group of people passed by Yamato. They seemed to be spreading around holiday decorations. One of them, a younger man with short white hair, put a wreath around Yamato’s neck. Yamato stared him down. He froze for a second, then slowly reached towards the wreath sitting around the blonde man who standing perfectly still, and took the decoration back. He realized the rest of his group had already abandoned him, so he rushed to catch up.

Yamato finally moved again, taking himself out of the crowded portions of this weird town. The streets seemed to be way too full for him to find any silent spots. He spotted a tavern in the corner of his eye that seemed unpopular enough that Yamato might finally find some space for himself.

He walked in. It seemed like any other tavern he saw in Kiri, nothing particularly interesting. He walked up to the bar, sat down and ordered the holiday special. After his order was done, he noticed something weird. He turned his head towards the green-headed person sitting a few chairs away from him. “Aren’t you a little young to be in a bar, kid?”.
Goro Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Making Friends, a book by Goro, Moeri, and Nero Empty Re: Making Friends, a book by Goro, Moeri, and Nero

Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:27 pm
In theory, Chakra Sensory allowed him to tell that someone new had entered the tavern, but, well. There were a ton of people here, and it was hard to distinguish between individuals. It was just- all noise. Sensory overload, you know? How could you pick a needle from a haystack?

Anyways.

At the words ‘aren’t you a little young to be in a bar’, Goro’s shoulders clenched in near comical offense as he whipped around (Well, turned around, but he was kinda slow and whipped sounds SO much cooler, don’t you agree?) to bite out a retort.

“Am not, lady! I’m fifteen, that’s totally old enough!”

It was around then that he realized that A) this was not a lady, and B) the bartender was snickering to himself. He flushed, turning his gaze to the floor as his posture slowly relaxed. As much as it could in this unfamiliar environment, anyway.

“...’s not like anyone else wants to hang out, anyway.” his pajamas felt like they were made of lead: a brand of his uselessness for all to witness.

In true Goro fashion, he was only… Not awful on paper. He’d TOTALLY be a necessity for any team worth their salt if someone needed an ion chromatography, or if someone wanted to know how to cite lab reports in a dissertation. But with Itazura’s missions, he was completely out of his comfort zone.

It was an unpleasant feeling. He scratched his neck a little harder than he needed to in an attempt to pull himself out of the slump.

“...So, like.” he swallowed, not sure how to proceed in this conversation. How do you talk to someone who you called a lady real loudly in the middle of a crowded tavern? “Is this an intervention? I’m not interested. Or, uh...”

[WC: 300]
[Total WC: 550]
Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:40 pm

Yamato Tanaka

Post WC: 551
Total WC: 840

AP:

200/200

Yamato rolled his eyes at the answer. Being called a lady was hardly an insult for him at this point in his life. He had heard so many insults that were more imaginative, unique, insults that cut deeper. If the insult was aimed at his looks, he could take it. He was rather proud of the way he looked. It was true that most men dressed nothing like him, nor did they care as much about looking so clean and proper. But, the kid’s tone implied no insult, not necessarily. Perhaps a lack of attention, if anything. Yamato was annoyed, perhaps, but it didn’t last. It was hardly anything to hold a grudge for. Especially not for an adult to hold a grudge against a kid. Fifteen years old, and he thought for some reason that was the age to visit taverns. To be fair, Yamato was a stranger to this place he had been teleported to. He did not know anything about it outside of what Yoi’s letter had explained to him, which was only the bare minimum the fox-man was willing to share for Yamato and the others to finish the job. So, after all, maybe this town’s laws were different and fifteen-year-olds were, in fact, allowed to enter taverns. The kid seemed to have been served a drink of some sorts, which may have very well been alcohol for all Yamato knew at that point.

It seemed the kid then realized the error he had made, turning his gaze away from what Yamato assumed was embarrassment. "I’m not sure it is." Yamato answered simply. "Morally - and logically at the very least. Lawfully, I’m not sure. I’m not from here, and all the people I’ve run into seem to be teleported outsiders as well. I’m going to assume it’s the same for you?". Yamato would try to read the kid’s facial expressions if he gave an answer. Either way, he continued with his speech, "Yamato Tanaka by the way. From Tanbogakure, you might not have heard of the place. Nice peaceful little town, growing fast.". He stopped himself before slipping down the slippery slope of praising the village he worked for. "You will hear about it more often with time, I’m sure.". He chose to drop it there. "I don’t see a headband on you. Civilian, academy student, not a ninja at all? Or did the summoning seal simply catch you at a bad time?".

Perhaps unknown to the young one, his second sentence cut much deeper than misgendering. "What, no friends? You know… I do feel I have to point out you have a better chance of meeting people your age out on the streets and not… Taverns. Again, I’m not one to pry, it’s just statistics. Taverns aren’t really frequented by pre-teens in the villages I’ve been in. Do not consider this an intervention. I don’t know you. But I do have years on you, clearly. The simpler of my advice I give away for free, it’s up to you to take it or leave it. For instance, you admit you’re on your own. You’re in a strange town. Best to keep your wits about you, and not take a free hit to your nervous system from alcohol. Keep your eyes open, just in case you know?".
Goro Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:39 pm
“Tanbogakure?” he questioned. Hidden in… paddies? Rice? “I haven’t heard of it, sorry. But! Yeah. I’m sure it’s pretty!” his demeanor notably perked up at the prospect of new information, no matter how important or innocuous it may be. At heart, he was and would always be a student.

“I’m Goro,” he acquiesced after a moment. It might have been a mistake to give away his name, but an equal exchange seemed important. “I’m… a ninja by technicality.” he scratched his nose, flicking the glass of orange juice with his index finger and definitively not wincing. “Just have the rank so I can do paperwork and clean up normally off limits. Not, uhh…” he paused lamely. “...Anything interesting.”

He sunk lower into his slouch as Yamato continued. “Yeah, I get you,” he answered. He swallowed heavily, response falling into place perfectly in his mind but struggling to be voiced. “I’m the optimist, I guess. Try to stay upbeat when other people get stressed- anything to help, you know? I just- sometimes want a lonely place to sort through my own baggage. Even if I’m not actually a ninja, it’s…” he exhaled through his nose. “...You know.”

“I’ll try and keep an eye open.” he agreed, swirling the glass. He didn’t feel very thirsty any more.

He’d let the silence hang heavily between them like a curtain- or perhaps a warm blanket. He wanted to change the subject- show Yamato who he could have been, that he wasn’t always this mopey- but nothing came to mind.

“Did you know that pygmy white saxifrage is the furthest north growing angiosperm?” Goro blurted. “It’s native to the tundra of Snow Country. The leaves and stems can be brewed as tea, and although it’s thought to break down kidney stones, it doesn’t actually have much medicinal value.”

[WC: 303]
[Total WC: 853]

Yamato Tanaka likes this post

Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:00 pm

Yamato

Goro seemed not to mind Yamato’s blabbering on the small village he currently resided in. If it did bore him, he hid it pretty well so either way, it was enough to earn Yamato’s respect. "I’m not surprised you haven’t heard of it. It was barely a settlement until very recently. Still a small, simple place, mostly focused on agriculture. Not as interesting as most big cities, I’m afraid.". This was of course a rather humble telling of Yamato’s actual thoughts on Tanbo. If he had the time, and was sure he would make people run out of the bar for their dear lives, he could have gone on and on about Tanbo. Alas, it seemed hardly the time and place for it.

Yamato nodded to Goro, raising his drink. "Nice to meet you, Goro." he answered politely. It was a cocktail with lots of flavour, lots of decorations, and very little alcohol. He took a sip through the twirly rainbow straw. "What village are you a ‘ninja by technicality’ in, if you don’t mind me asking?". He tapped on his own headband. "I admit not everybody in our line of work is as open about their station as me, I don’t take offense to it. Also, I’ve been… Exactly in your spot before. A paperwork ninja.". Yamato chuckled at the nickname, and the memories that came flooding back with it. "There is no shame in it, it’s a great way to rise up in ranks, make yourself a better career and you can branch into regular-shinobi stuff any time you want. I bet there are shinobi missions on the board of this very village, if you so wanted to give it a try. Even if you never end up doing actual shinobi work though - like I said - it’s no shame. The title makes life a lot easier, and the world seems to revolve around it. It’s not just a badge for battle prowess, it’s political power.". He took another sip from the straw, which finished his drink and made that awful noise of scraping final droplets at the bottom of the glass. He raised his hand and asked for another one by the bartender.

The Yamanaka nodded to Goro’s pledge of keeping his eye open. Once the bartender took the glass and completely removed it from Yamato’s vision, he was almost about to say something, when Goro spoke again. Well, speak would have been an understatement. Yamato realized then he’d been unfair, giving Goro a lecture and not expecting to receive one back. "I… Did not know that. Nor did I catch all of it, but thank you for sharing regardless. Any reason you chose to speak about that flower specifically, or?". Yamato was amused, but a little bit puzzled. His next drink arrived. He took out the small umbrella on his drink, hid it within his fist and waited for an answer from Goro.

Post WC: 486
Total WC: 1326

Goro Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:22 pm
Goro listened attentively to Yamato’s responses, brain letting out nearly visible plumes of smoke as he attempted to formulate a response. “I, well,” a pause, “don’t know if I should say?” his voice heightened in pitch slightly at the end. “Nothing against you, or anything, but you literally just told me to be careful, so-” he waved his hands, as if they could provide the words that he often couldn’t find.

He nodded. “Yeah, I understand what you’re saying. It’s less about the role itself, and more about having a choice. Sure, I do fun stuff here and there, but… People just sorta assumed I’d be good with paper stuff without bothering to wonder if I’d ever be good at anything else.” he finished his orange juice, using the rim of the cup to scrape off the droplets left on his upper lip.

“...” a pause. He wasn’t entirely sure why he chose that subject, either. “I just think it’s neat.” if he had more orange juice he was going to lose his shit. “I do a lot of ecology work-” which was a drastic overstatement, but he wasn’t going to lay out the precise details- “and you pick up fun things here and there. There’s a lot more to the world than flashy jutsu and blowing up villages, after all.” he quietened at that statement, sliding the glass away from him and shaking his head at the prospect of a refill.

“I just wish more people would get the memo.”

[WC: 250]
[Total WC: 1,103]

Yamato Tanaka likes this post

Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:55 am

Yamato

Yamato chuckled. "Have it your way, Goro." he answered. The first three words he spoke in his regular tone, following it up with a sarcastically sinister tone when saying the young paperwork ninja’s name. It was supposed to point out what Yamato was about to spell out. "Although next time, if you’re hoping for anonymity, I would suggest you not give your name either. And if you’re lying about one, lie about both not to draw more attention to it. Anyway… That’s neither here nor there.". He kept taking sips from his drink.

His right hand was still making a fist, holding the decorative miniature umbrella inside. "I’m still a bit confused, Goro." he finally spoke again, once more putting the emphasis on enunciating his name. "I’m getting mixed signals from you. Do you want to stick to paperwork and just want it to be respected more than it is? Or do you want to branch out of paperwork? Either is okay, you only have to decide.". Yamato was more invested than he thought he’d be. Perhaps because he had been in the exact same place before. "I had a friend… Who worked in one of the bigger cities, I won’t give too many details. Some have barbaric values… They acknowledge battle prowess above all else. Even in those cities, though, the strategists and the scientists managed to make a niche place for themselves.".

Yamato realized he had been blabbering on and on again. "Sorry. The holiday drinks seem to make me more talkative. What I was getting at was that any field is possible for you to shine in, as long as you commit to it. I agree with you that explosions aren’t all there is to the spiritual-magical side of the world, let alone all of it. The people of Tanbo happen to be more focused on the beauty of it all, which I appreciate. What about your homeland? Not all about farm life I assume?".

Post WC: 328
Total WC: 1654

Yamato Tanaka
Yamato Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:29 am
It seemed the conversation was fated to be cut short, as the Shinobi's time in the Moon Country came to an end.

[EXIT, WC: 1654+, Claiming B-Rank Minus Field with 1500WC.]
Goro Tanaka
Citizen
Survived 2021

Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:48 am
Goro flushed hotly, crossing his arms in a pout that was difficult to ascertain as exaggerated. “Goro’s a plenty common name! I know at least one other Goro.” The Kirigakure researcher carefully didn’t mention that the other ‘Goro’ he knew was actually one of the escaped lab monkeys. What Yamato didn’t know couldn’t hurt him, right? Right. He paused as he took in the stranger’s next words.

“...Well, you-” another breath. He knew what he wanted to say, but the words struggled to leave his throat. “It’s not about paperwork or not. It’s about getting to choose.” there were many things he could’ve added or clarified, but clearly his brain had decided to halt the conversation there. It wasn’t his choice to become a ninja. It wasn’t his choice to be a researcher. It wasn’t his choice to be relegated to support- a glorified busybody for people too important to care about lesser things.

Sure, being a ninja wasn’t awful, and learning was his life’s true purpose- but those things would be a lot more meaningful if he could have decided them on his own. Goro tilted his head politely as he listened to Yamato’s next interjection. He wouldn’t notice the dig for information until a few hours later, when he was already back at his home. Whoops.

“Yeah. It’s- you know. Lots of political upheaval, strong eat the weak. I managed to scrape through by virtue of not being important enough to care about, and not being- well. Strong or anything.” a pause. “I’m not sure what it’s about right now. There’s a lot of imported foods, but it’s tricky to grow stuff- the storm circle’s really affected the island ecosystem in ways we haven’t fully seen the implications of yet, so some people are working to collect data on local wildlife and population trends to make sure nothing goes extinct.”

Yamato’d almost certainly be able to place him as a Kirigakure (Shimagakure?) native at this point. Naturally, he continued rambling incoherently. “I’ve done a lot of work with that. Well, not a lot. Mostly I measure chemicals in the soil and water, but those really super affect plant, bacteria, and animal life. Did you know that the inner channels have seen a small incline in acidity? The pH has dropped a marginal amount. I think it’s from decomposition, but there hasn’t been a funded study yet so it’s mostly guesswork.” he drummed his fingers against the table. Maybe he could do something with that when he got home…?

“It’ll massively fuck up- stuff- yeah.” was his conclusion to the one sided debate about ecology in Island country. “You’re pretty chill though, I think,” he added after a moment. “Maybe when this whole thing blows over I can send you a souvenir. I hope you like gross candy, because you would not believe the amount of salt people add to their licorice. It’s disgusting!”

The night continued back and forward until Yamato sharply vanished- evidently summoned home. Perhaps he should make his exit as well.

[WC: 506]
[Total WC: 1,609]

(Exit)

Claiming:
+16 points into chakra stat
+Yamato's chakra signature (rest is in here)
+507 words to finish Genjutsu Binding (rest is either bank wc from event or from here)
+1,000 words to learn Summoning Technique
+102 words into Miracle Wrinkle Cure
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum