Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
A day in the life of a Hoshigakure GeninToday at 12:07 pmShiru IyasuVoices in the GardenToday at 10:06 amMarabelle BlossomThe Uchiha's head musesToday at 10:04 amMarabelle BlossomThe Lion, The Raven and the Carp Today at 10:02 amMarabelle BlossomA proeminent citizen of the MoonToday at 9:50 amMarabelle BlossomJunko TsukikoToday at 9:47 amMarabelle BlossomA Late Night DipToday at 12:48 amAkabayashi TerumiMissing Merchant (Mission)Yesterday at 11:24 pmShiru IyasuJun TsukikoYesterday at 9:22 pmHimari HyuugaKiko TsukikoYesterday at 9:21 pmHimari Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
31 Posts - 24%
30 Posts - 23%
17 Posts - 13%
13 Posts - 10%
10 Posts - 8%
10 Posts - 8%
7 Posts - 5%
4 Posts - 3%
4 Posts - 3%
4 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Zeo Kamigawa
Zeo Kamigawa
Chunin
Chunin
Stat Page : Zeo Kamigawa's Stat & Jutsu List

Genjutsu Ninjutsu Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Space-Time
Village : Hoshigakure
Ryo : 35400

Mission B Rank: Honoring the Ancestors Empty Mission B Rank: Honoring the Ancestors

Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:23 pm
Honoring the Ancestors: B Rank

Zeo's had grown since his last mission. He had participated in the chunin exams, grown for his experiences with it and the most, learned of the hidden power from his own heritage. While he had many questions than answers, he felt far more capable and self-assured than he had been in the past. New possibilities were there for him to seize if he just looked and today was one of those days. Taking up another mission, he found this being one about something more important than combat or practicing his jutsu. Connecting with more people in Hoshigakure.

He took on a rather simple mission and one he was surprised he could do at this rank. Helping out in the religious section of Hoshigakure. The village was more like a city in comparison and had many features. On the far west end of the village, was a series of shrines, temples and gardens often used for spiritual practices. The gap between ninja and the religious side of Hoshigakure was steep. Many hated the military force shinobi had there and Zeo was no exception. At least, it was how it used to be.

This was not the first time Zeo had worked with the shrines and the religious side of the village and he was mostly welcomed by the priests and priestesses there. While the number of religions was strong, one was there and Zeo understood it well. The original Ninshu, He had worked hard to express how ninjutsu and religion were actually far closer. His family, before their death, were practices of ninshu-- the original shinobi creed about using chakra as a means of connecting to others to better understand others. It was a philosophy still strong in Zeo as he held tight to that belief as well.

Today was a sunny, pleasant day as he made his way from the kage office to the shrines on the other end of town. He felt different now as he walked there-- his senses were oddly heightened today as he took in every detail. He was more confident as he strode forward, but what made him more at ease was the intent to reconnect with the priests of that shrine.

Zeo soon marched up the stairs easily as he reached the shrine at the top of the hill, surrounded by a series of trees that was the start of the mountains there. He was greeted by a man in black and white robes who greeted him with a smile. "Hello, Zeo. Welcome back," he said and with a fist in his palm, he bowed to Zeo.

Zeo repeated the gesture as he bowed to the priest. "Thank you, sir. I hope you will forgive me for not being here sooner. Things have been busy for me." he said respectfully.

The man gave a kind laugh. "I'll say you have been," he said pleased, "I heard you did great in the chunin exams, despite your injuries."

A sigh escaped Zeo. While the exams were a source of great change for him, the fact he lost to Enishi still was sore to him. "You really gotta focus on that?" he asked.

The man laughed again, finding Zeo's cynical nature a bit funny. "Pray give it little mind. Word of your promotion was heard here too. You should be proud to make it that far. Even the once bitter members of our order went to visit the exams. You did well," he said.

Zeo rose his head to him and smiled. "So... things have been improving here. There been fewer riots and hatred to shinobi?" he asked.

"Let's just say tolerance has become far more encouraged, but you played no small part," the priest said, "Your participation here and how you explained ninjutsu's origins did in fact open more eyes than you think. The ancient path of ninshu was indeed a great revelation to some, but you will still hear the grumbles. "

Zeo paused for a bit, he had broken up a fight a while back between a rally and how people were trying to dismantle the village's ninja system. However, he was able to convince them by letting them know the original origin of ninshu was very close to their own beliefs. While it didn't magically solve problems, it did break up the riot before it got any worse.

Zeo smiled to know he was in fact making a difference there. "Thank you, sir," Zeo said with another soft bow. "Anyway, I was eager to get back here and help out. Do you need an extra hand with anything?"

The priest took a moment as he looked to the temple, seeing the other patrons and monks tending to matters. "Why don't you go to the top hill and sweep the steps. Afterward, perhaps you can prepare the daily offering to the spirits... and do try not to get hungry up there again," he said with mild humor.

Zeo rolled his eyes. "Sorry, I forgot my rations that one time. I highly doubt you'd get cursed having one dumpling." he said as he moved to reach the steps.

WC: 851
Zeo Kamigawa
Zeo Kamigawa
Chunin
Chunin

Mission B Rank: Honoring the Ancestors Empty Re: Mission B Rank: Honoring the Ancestors

Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:10 pm
The air was crisp and clean on the mountainside as Zeo had reached the top and was sweeping the steps as he went, cleaing it off and getting any leaves and dust off of it. It would kick up into the air as he did his best to keep the shrine clean. It was the higher point of the temple, and rarely visited but important all the same. He used a horrible wicker broom to clean it off, realizing it would take him hours to clean it all. He was near the top but realized there was still much to do as he looked up and down. The steps were steep. A single mistep without care could send you tumbling all the way back down the hill.

Zeo rolled his eyes, taking a moment as he held the broom, trying to think of a better idea to clean off the steps and walkway above him. It was then he smirked and placed the broom aside for a moment. He slowly wove signs, focusing on wind signs to feel the air start to churn around him. "Wind Style -- Wind Wall!" he cried, clapping his hands together.

The breeze became a gale that swirled and blew outward around Zeo, easily kicking up the dust and blowing it out into the air off the peak. The quick use of wind style helped him tremendously as it helped clear the area of that part of his chores. When it came to tasks like this, he used his head more than his muscles, as it was his nature. As the dust vanished into the sky, Zeo felt a pinge of nostalgia, as how his parents used ninjutsu themselves. They too used it for simple chores, or helping with daily activities. For him at the young age, he knew his parents were shinobi, but they only ever used their arts to help with things like crops, or fishing. The worst they ever did with it was put out fires or defend themselves. The fact they were shinobi were not lost on him, but they were clan to a powerful kekkei genkai was lost on him. His upbringing was a simple one and one of peace till that fateful night...

He remembered how he asked his father to teach him some jutsu but he would say he was too young but showed him the bubble jutsu he knew, just enough to amuse him. While patronizing, it was a sweet gesture and one Zeo appreciated now.

Putting the memory aside, Zeo returned to the steps and climbed back up to the top.

He reached it to find the shrine area empty and deserted. While the windswept the dust away, leaves, twigs and other garbage remained in that part-- just parts of the wild that had fallen from the wild's peak. Before him, the path led to a single hut where the shrine on the top of the mountain was located. Cautiously, he approached the shrine and opened the thin paper doors that led inside.

At worst, a stray animal may make its home in there, but luckily it wasn't occupied. The single hut was a small room, with a few closest on the side. The room was marked by a single shrine, with a food offering, candles, a small statue and scroll wall hanging-- and some places to burn incense. His task was to light the incense carefully, to not set fire to the place when he left-- and also leave the food offering there.

He tidied up the initial room, straightening it up and sweeping with the broom this time-- any dust inside. Using wind style indoors was never a smart idea. Once he finished that, he tended to the shrine and lit the incense. In proper respect, he knelt there, clapped his hands and said a light prayer. Being there in the shrine, its peaceful atmosphere and in the rural part of Hoshigakure, made him feel at peace with himself too. The sadness he carried with him like armor didn't hurt as much now.

Lastly was the food offering. He just had to place it on the shrine plate, however....

*Grumble*

He paused as he felt the ache in his belly, his body telling him he was hungry. This happened before, hence the priest's little joke. While they talked about you being 'cursed' for eating the food, it was a well-known fact that the priests or others would eat the food just before it went stale, or so he heard. Either way, it was rude to do it.

Zeo tried to resist. He wasn't about to dishonor the shrine or the people who hired and trusted him. Still, he was hungry and the urge to eat one of the dumplings there was hard to ignore.

"Well... just one, please forgive me gods..." he said half-heartedly as he took one about to eat.

It was when he was about to take a bite-- a soft chirp or yelp came from behind him. Slowly, Zeo turned, and saw a small figure sitting at the opening of the shrine.

Sitting there, calmly and curiously observing was a light-colored fox, with golden brown fur and patches of white along its chest, tail and ears. It sat there like a well-trained dog, observing Zeo with interest as he had the bun in his hand and an open mouth. He pauses at the glaring fox, feeling a sense of judgment from it. He lowers his hand and food but still looks at the fox. "Um... hi there. I take it I'm busted. But it's just one, you know. It isn't bad is it?"

The fox merely glared at him still. there was no response or answer.

With a roll of his eyes and sigh, Zeo gave up and put the dumpling back on the plate. "There. Sorry. You satisfied, little guy?" he asked.

The fox then perked up, it's ears raising slightly and its mouth open a bit happy to see Zeo put down the food.

WC: 1005

Zeo Kamigawa
Zeo Kamigawa
Chunin
Chunin

Mission B Rank: Honoring the Ancestors Empty Re: Mission B Rank: Honoring the Ancestors

Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:58 am
Zeo looked at the fox, curious why it would be there. Was it a common animal or a ninja animal? He was famliar with the concepts. Some animals who were skilled with chakra could develop more human personas and qualities. Shinobi formed contracts with them all the time, for aid in combat to working together in different projects. However, Zeo had rarely seen foxes in this region.

The fox sat there, watching Zeo curiously while wagging its tail back and forth. "Um... so what are you doing here? Do you live nearby?" Zeo asked.

The fox gave a soft bark as it shook its head, its fur tussling with its movements. It looked around the shrine a bit, whether or not it recognized Zeo's words. Zeo cocked his head, confused by the fox. In his mind, he figured it was a TALKING fox, one with chakra like other animals shinobi summoned. Alas, it seemed to not do it-- either that or it was trying to fox him.

Zeo bit his lip impatiently as he tried to see what to do. Given up on the food, he just tided up the rest of the shrine. "I don't think you can stay here, little guy. You may want to--"

The fox soon sprinted up to the alter , looking at the set up itself.

"Hey-hey! I just finished setting that up. Don't ruin it." Zeo argued, trying to shoo it away. The fox gave a playful bark, then quickly sprinted out of the hut. If Zeo didn't know better, it was as if it was just trying to cause trouble.

"Oh come on! " Zeo shouted as he chased after it out of the shrine.

He reentered the sunshine as he looked for the fox, bolting from the door to try and find it, but was soon distracted by something else. The priest from before was there as well, having just climbed up t he stairs and approached Zeo. "Oh, sir," Zeo addressed.

"Zeo, I see you been doing a fine job cleaning," he commented as he calmly looked around the grounds. "Any problems?"

At that time, the grumble of Zeo's stomach reached his ears-- which made Zeo blush as he held a hand over his stomach to try and stifle the sound. The priest only laughed a bit as he friendly brushed the gesture aside. "I figured you might have another urge to steal some food. NO judgement, of course," the priest said as he pulled something from his sleeve, revealing a small pack. "A small token of thanks, for all your hard work and dedication, Zeo. I figure you could use some."

Zeo took the package and opened it to reveal it was a small lunch pack with bread, some cheese, and an apple. He smiled in apprciation, glad to have something to eat. "Wow... thank you, sir," Zeo said with a bow of thanks. As he put the pack in his bag behind him, he noticed where the fox went. The fox was now sitting on the pathway behind him. "Good thing you brought that food. I thought that fox was an omen telling me to not eat the food."

The priest's eyes widened a bit in surprise and confusion. "Hm? What fox?"

"The fox, right there," Zeo said, pointing to the little creature sitting coyly near the steps. "I figure he was a ninja animal resident here. She snuck into the shrine but didn't do any harm."

The priest turned towards the fox. Zeo could see it sitting right there, so surely the man would as well.

"Um, Zeo..." the man said, a somewhat sheepish look showing on his face. "Are you okay? "

"Huh?" Zeo asked, "I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

"Zeo... I don't see anything. What fox?"

Zeo's eyes widened a bit, confused. He pointed again, seeing the fox sitting right there without any hint of moving. "That fox. Right there, I'm pointing to it. Don't you see it?"

He was confident in what he saw. It was as plane as day to him-- but every time the priest turned to look, he seemed to miss it each time. What was going on? The priest turned, concerned. "Zeo... there is nothing there. We are the only two on this mountain top."

Zeo's eyes widened a bit with concern. His gaze then turned to the fox, who was swishing its tail. It was then that the fox's tail raised a bit-- acting almost like one's hand to the tip near the fox's mouth and the fox gave a soft blow-- as if in its own way to do a 'shhh quiet' gesture. A bit of sweat dropped from his brow, but he soon calmed down.

"Did you eat anything at all today?" the priest asked. "Maybe you need to take a break. Having low blood sugar can cause some hallucinations at times. You should take better care of yourself and not work so hard."

Gathering his senses, Zeo calmed himself down. "Y-you're right. Sorry... I could have sworn, but I may be overworking myself." he said, but feinting admittance, as he could see the fox there still. It was no hallucination.

The priest smiled again kindly and placed a hand on Zeo's shoulder to confort him. "You have done much. Handling riots, saving people, missions and the chunin exams," he explained, "I know little of the ways of shinobi, but I know you wouldn't be in good strates if you do not take the time to get proper rest and recovery from all you endured. There is no sin about resting properly... well unless you become lazy and turn to sloth."

A soft laugh escaped Zeo at the bad reference but he still couldn't ignore the fox gazing at him. "Yeah... true. Sorry to make you worry, sir. I'll take better care of myself." he said.

"Why don't you take your time and eat your lunch," the priest said, "When you are good and ready you can head back to the temple. Thank you again for your hard work." With that, he walked back to the stairs. He easily passed by the fox, as if it wasn't even there-- invisible to him, and proceeded down the hill.

Once the priest was gone, Zeo's expression firmed up as he looked at the fox. "Who... or what are you? I know I am NOT hallucinating, and this isn't a genjutsu! That much I know." Before Zeo had seen such visions and always brushed it off as his genjutsu training causing adverse effects on him. But he was now aware of himself and his 'new powers'. He was seeing something there-- something that acknowledged him back!

A soft throaty chuckle came from the fox. "About time you figured it out," the fox spoke in a feminine tone of voice.

Zeo felt the urge to put up his guard, but he stood there. If others couldn't the fox, it was unlikely she was capable of actual danger... or so Zeo hoped. For some reason, he was the only one to see HER.

"Oh relax. I didn't come here to hurt you. Cause a little mischief... well, that's in my nature," she replied flippantly with a soft chuckle, all while her mouth didn't move. Zeo heard her clear as day, but it almost felt like a sound in a dream. Something known and not heard.

"Who are you? Or rather What are you?" Zeo demanded with a controlled tone.

"Just a little fox spirit. Nothing to get your tail bent out of shape over. Forgive my behavior. I didn't mean to scare you, sweetie, but it is so enjoyable to mess with humans now and again." the fox replied as she stood up and stretched her body. She let out a soft yawn of her maw. As she moved, Zeo could see it-- soft wisps of what he could only presume were chakra. Chakra was not visible to the eye, and yet, he could see it now from that fox-- far stronger than anything else.

"A fox... spirit?"

"Thank you for not eating that offering. it would have been a pity if I had to put a curse on you. You may have ended up falling off the hill on the way down if you did," she said, but her laughter suggested it was but a bluff.

WC: 1394
Zeo Kamigawa
Zeo Kamigawa
Chunin
Chunin

Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:13 pm
The mild joke, or veiled threat didn't sit well with Zeo as he glared at the laughing fox spirit from across the courtyard. It was the first time he ever spoke with a spirit. The fox giggled but soon saw the seriousness on Zeo's face.

"Oh, relax, little one. You're face will stay like that if you scowl so much," she teased, "Forgive me. I was curious about you. You clearly can see me. So rare can I interact enough to have humans take notice. As you can imagine, they are blind and deaf to us most of the time."

Zeo's expression soften, now curious to the little fox that now spoke to him freely. "Us? So there are more fox spirits like you around here?" he asked.

"Us, as in spirits. We're around... if you know where to look, that is," she replied cryptically.

A deep breath expelled from Zeo's chest as he processed all this. As he looked, the soft haze of his starry eyes was flickering. A passive means that he could see these spirits. The fox took notice to the eyes, and let out a soft whistle. "Ah, I see. No wonder I felt interested. You're eyes are not the same as most. I was aware of your kind's contract, but this is a first to meet one for myself. "

Zeo's brow arched, unsure what she meant. "I'm sorry. Contract? I have no recollection of signing a contract to you or any other animal s for that matter." he stated.

"Oh of course not. Long before your time," she replied, "Nonetheless, you and yours are part of a pact that has existed for millennia. One that secures safety and allegiance with our kind. Nothing you need worry about. We wouldn't ask for your souls... but I bet you'rs would be quite young and tasty." The fox licked her lips playfully, her tone clearly teasing.

"Enough of your games," Zeo spat back, taking the comment too seriously.

"Oh, you're such a killjoy. I don't really eat souls. As I said, you humans make such good sport to have fun with," she said. "Either way, its nice to speak to one of your kind for a change, rather than acting in the background. Perhaps now you too will be more vigilant when your feeling peckish. There is always a kernal of truth in legends, as they say."

The mention of the contract got Zeo curious. Could she be referring to his clan-- his Kekkei Genkai? The eyes... it was becoming clearer to him. If he was the only one to see these creatures, it must be from his doujutsu. He didn't fully comprehend its abilities, but he could clearly see things no one else can-- including creatures invisible to others.  

"Pardon me, Lady fox spirit," Zeo said, being courgal for the moment as he realized he let fear and surprise rule him too much. "If i may ask you, what do you know of this contract, specifically with me and mine as you stated? Are you referring to my clan? or something else?"

The fox's ears perked at the mention of it. She resited the urge to chuckle. "Oh dear. You poor thing. You are completely in the dark about it," she said, "It's almost too cruel to tease you about it. Very well... I don't know EVERYTHING, but a great deal of time ago, a mighty spirit from our world made a pact with the people of yours-- your clan i presume. All those of the bloodlines in the pact, were a part of that pact. From birth, the protection and allegiance with the spirits would forever be on their side. While still upheld, some have doubted the pact or will honor it completely, but regard it they do." the fox explained in detail.

While a better explanation than Zeo hoped, it raised more and more questions for him. "And I'm... descendant from the ones who made that pact?" Zeo asked.

The fox tilted her head in an unsure gesture. "Who can say? It's just the story I heard in the end... and besides, how do I know you didn't pluck those e yes from someone else?" the fox jived and shook her head. "Humans... your kind can do such grotesque things to each other for the sake of power."

Zeo took offense to that and frowned. "I never took anyone else's eyes. I promise you that," he stated firmly.

"Ah, then those baby blues are yours, then. The look of innocence in them is so adorable," she teased again.

Zeo rolled his eyes, growing impatient by the fox's antics. "Please stop jiving. WHat else do you know about those who made the pact?" he asked.

"LIke I told you, it is the tale I heard. And besides, its not like your the first human ever to come across spirits. Don't be so self-centered," she retorted herself. "If I were you, I'd ask the one who has been shadowing you all this time?"

That caught the boy's attention as he didn't know what she was talking about. "Um, excuse me?" he asked. "What shadow?"

The fox paused, but the sly grin returned to her fuzzy face. "Oh? Do you mean you don't know? Oh-hohoho... that's amusing." she chuckled. "Well, I would have approached you sooner, but that stuffy mongrel hasn't stopped tailing you. Maybe he's keeping an eye on you, or waiting to eat you. Hm, who can say?"

This only confused Zeo more. Was another spirit around and spying on him?

"Well... maybe its best you hear it directly from him, if he finally comes out of the shadows." the fox added.

"Who are you talking about?" Zeo asked firmly, verging on a demand.

The fox seemed to speak, but then changed her mind. "Well... nope, I won't say it. Little spirit walker, some things in this world are best learned from one's own effort. I won't say it," she said coyly, "I'm sure you will spot him soon if you haven't already. But I'm sure you will be fine. You have a guardian in the shadows at the very least. Hope he doesn't cause you trouble." With that, the fox then stood up and began to walk away in soft, elegant strides of her paws, her tail whipping elegantly behind her. "Take care... little boy."

Just like that, her form shimmered-- as if becoming a mess of multi-colored bits, as if a cloud of a nebula in the sky. With it, she vanished all together, disappearing into thin air.

Zeo was stunned as he blinked and rubbed his eyes, making sure he was indeed not seeing or hearing things. While clearly far more aware than he had been in the past, this made him wonder what he was truly seeing. He saw chakra, something else in people-- and now odd little creatures he only could see and hear-- invisible to everyone else. Spirits... they were real and all around him, unseen. He still didn't know how to master his mysterious eyes, but now he was becoming more aware of what he was seeing and it was far from his imagination. They were real.

Slowly, Zeo looked around the forest and hilltop-- now aware of the possibility someone was spying on him. It was a shinobi village-- he was sure there was some level of surveillance on all members to a degree. But an unseen entity close to him, made him feel a bit uneasy. Unable to see or sense anything he could... he decided to head back down the hill. Even he couldn't fully sense the little fox that had vanished before his eyes. Reluctantly, he began to march back to the temple, to continue his own efforts there and then perhaps call it a day early. All of this was starting to give him a headache.

As he left, he didn't seem aware of the black figure hidden behind the trees of the mountainside. Zeo had left as the shady figure watched, bright orange eyes watching from the trees, the shape of a beastly creature thatt looked on as if it was hunting prey. Whether it was a predator hunting Zeo-- was unknown, but it kept a constant sense of him, and would slowly persue him as it had up till now...

End.

WC: 1398
TWC: 4648

Rewards: 6,000 +250 for Chunin Ryo / 30 AP
Technique Learned: Suiton: Maelstrom Shuriken S for 5000 (3750  wc for max stat discount)
Hiding in Summon C rank 1000 (750 for max stat discount)
Roy Goka
Roy Goka
Genin
Genin
Stat Page : Roy Goka
Musu Uzumaki(RIP)
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Ryo : 500

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:27 pm
Approved
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum