Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Voices in the GardenToday at 3:41 amShiru IyasuA meet in HoshiYesterday at 7:02 pmMizaki HyuugaTeam 1!Yesterday at 6:54 pmMizaki HyuugaGrowing TalesYesterday at 6:32 pmAkira NamikazeTori Jintaro [Mission Record]Yesterday at 6:03 pmTori JintaroLate Night OutYesterday at 3:25 pmRen KurosawaQuality Time (IO)Yesterday at 3:19 pmRen KurosawaA Few Errands to RunYesterday at 3:10 pmMarabelle BlossomThe Culling Games: The FinalYesterday at 3:10 pmMarabelle BlossomJoro and Hebiishi on Party Detail!Yesterday at 3:09 pmMarabelle Blossom
Top posting users this month
24 Posts - 25%
22 Posts - 23%
10 Posts - 11%
8 Posts - 8%
8 Posts - 8%
6 Posts - 6%
6 Posts - 6%
4 Posts - 4%
4 Posts - 4%
3 Posts - 3%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Shoko
Shoko
Citizen
Stat Page : You've never been chased by a baby before
You secretly wish she had never been born
You secretly wish you hadn't bought her a gun
Remove Remove Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Genjutsu
Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 1000

There Make Be Snakes! [Travin] Empty There Make Be Snakes! [Travin]

Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:42 am
An unusual letter has appeared in the Rentei clan's usual mix of bills, family communications, and appeals for donations. It is personal, neatly addressed to Travin Rentei from a name he does not recognize. It bears the navy Kirigakure wax seal indicating that it is village business or has otherwise been sent from the Academy or Missions Office.

Dear Travin Rentei,

The summer heat lingers. How have you been?

It is written vertically in the traditional style, by a steady hand.

My teacher Mr. Arai has spoken very highly of you. He has told me that you have developed the art of summoning animals. I have an interest in learning this skill and I would like to inquire as to whether you could help me find a starting point. 

I look forward to your reply.
Shoko Uchiha

As a substitute for her clan's seal, she affixes her signature with a small calligraphic fan. Mr. Arai, husband of one of Travin's older relatives, teaches world history at the Academy. It is likely frequent that various requests come through the extended family, but not frequently from Mr. Arai himself, who is a fairly serious and no-nonsense man who does not humor frivolous requests.

Shoko privately hopes he does not respond.

A summoning contract is an obvious boon. It would be humiliating for her not to be able to find one, and it would severely hurt her chances at the upcoming tournament. Mr. Arai had quickly been able to talk her into sending the letter. Still, the idea of relying on some strange creature unnerves her.
Travin Iburi
Travin Iburi
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Stat Page : Travin Iburi
Remove Remove Remove Bukijutsu Remove Remove Ninjutsu Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Missing Ninja
Ryo : 0

There Make Be Snakes! [Travin] Empty Re: There Make Be Snakes! [Travin]

Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:19 pm
Travin was sitting at his desk going over some of the financial reports from his family business. It was looking as though they were going to have to increase the training of their store managers as more and more people were starting to notice the genjutsu on the doorbell. Leading to more and more payouts and it was really starting to kill his bottom line. When Bruce walked in with a letter “This came in the mail for you sire” Travin would take the letter from Bruce. “Thanks, I’ll read it in a second Bruce, but for now I need you to go and tell my father that we lost half a million in payouts and we need to increase the level of training the store owners are getting or start putting shinobi in the shops to mind the genjutsu themselves” Travin would tell Bruce. Who would give a nod and turn on his heel and walk back out the room.

A few hours later Travin would remember the letter and grab it to read before he called it quits for the day and headed out. Opening the letter he looked to see who it was from first. Someone named Shoko Uchiha, thinking that it was another letter from someone looking for a husband he went to toss it in the trash when he noticed the name, Arai. It struck a bell for some reason and made him pull the letter back to actually read. It spoke of a Mr. Arai who was a teacher at the academy Travin assumed who had been speaking highly of Travin. Which was nothing new as no one wanted to get on the bad side of the future leader of the Rentei clan, and that she wanted to learn his snake summons. 

Travin pulled out his book not being able to place the name off the top of his head and rolled through the list of names of people he actually didn’t mind talking to. A pretty small list really as most people just wanted something from him, and while he didn’t mind helping people out he was not a place for free money or favors either. Finally, he came across the name it was a man that married into the family. He married his second cousin it seemed who worked on the compound as security. Travin had met the man a few times and knew that he was a very serious man who took great pride in his work. Travin had even tried to recruit him to the family business but he refused and took the pay the village paid him even though it was lacking a few zeros on what Travin had offered. 

Thinking that he would hear this girl out for no other reason than the word of Arai. Travin wrote the following lines on a piece of paper before sealing in with the Rentei clan crest. 

Dear Shoko Uchiha

The summer heat is always here it feels like even in the winter. Mr. Arai has recommended you to me than I feel I must trust his judgment. Come to the Rentei family compound next Monday and I will go over the summoning arts personally with you. I will leave word with the guards at the gate to be expecting you. Just ring the bell and they will come running. 

Travin Rentei CEO of Rentei Conglomerate

WC-565
Shoko
Shoko
Citizen

Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:57 pm
Shoko finds the reply letter in the kitchen under a tangerine.

She picks up her father's gift to idly peel with one hand, the other opening the letter. As before, she still secretly hopes for a rejection, but that is not what she finds. What creatures will she have to work with? Dogs? Birds would not be so bad, she supposes. 

Her eyebrows gently lift at the signature. It seems implausible to her that somebody could be both a shinobi and a CEO. Who could find the time...

The bell rings at the expected time. Shoko waits patiently at the gate for the guards to gather her, greeting them when they do and stepping into the compound. It certainly looks like a business magnate's house. She is a little self-conscious of how she's staring at the gardens, but it's clearly meant to be looked at, isn't it? 

The guards lead her to a gazebo on the grounds. A tea table and chairs is set up there in the gentle shade, and Shoko takes a seat, thanking the staff for their time and for the cup of tea one sets before her. She takes a sip as she waits, hoping it soothes her stomach. She's nervous from all the fuss. Should she have worn something nicer than her mission garb? It had seemed like a bad idea to wear a nice dress to a training session...

TWC: 498
Travin Iburi
Travin Iburi
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Missing-Nin (D-rank)

Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:49 pm
Travin had been sitting at the table in the library brushing up on some new jutsu he had been working on. When Bruce walked into “Sir you 10:30 is here” Travin glanced up at Bruce and stood “so it’s time then” he said as he laid his book down marking the page with one of the bookmarks he kept on the table. He had gotten his people to do a little looking into this Shoko Uchiha. He knew of another Uchiha as well he had been training named Nasu, but from what his people could tell they were not related at least not closely enough to count apparently. He also had a file of her parents and known relatives in the village as well, but none of it really mattered to Travin. It all came down to her, and from what he could see from her time in the academy and the little time she has had as a genin. Is that she mostly needs guidance a job Travin has taken on in the past and wouldn’t mind doing again. After all, he did like finding young talent and training them to find their true potential. He had learned long ago that the most protective person in the village is the one with the most powerful of friends. 

Travin walked out of the library and down the stairs to the foyer turning to make his way out the back. He had sat the meeting at one of the gazeboes on the compound. From the back patio, he could make out this possible new student. Travin made a few handseals and vanished into a blue light appearing next to the gazebo as if walking out of a flash of blue light. Travin would walk over and sit down as if it was a common occurrence to see someone teleport up to you, and for Travin it was very common. He had grown used to his ability to teleport around the village and took it for granted now. 

Hello, my name is Travin Rentei” introducing himself as he sat down across from Shoko. “I’ve talked with my cousin that recommended you to me and he has nothing but good things to say about you. Which is a mark in the win column for you” Travin would tell Shoko with a bit of grin. “However, what I need to know is why do you want to know how to summon animals in combat. Is it going to be your primary focus or just a hobby” Travin would leave the question to trail off waiting for an answer. He really didn’t care what it was he really just wanted to see if she would have the confidence to tell him the truth after all he was not in the habit of training people that was weak of will.

WC-475 TWC-1040
Shoko
Shoko
Citizen

Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:04 pm
Shoko is visibly surprised at his entrance, choking a little on her tea. "Sir," she greets him. Introductions on her end would be redundant, and he continues speaking anyway. While he talks she examines him. He's her age, or a little older, carrying himself with confidence and authority. While she had not been told that he was a businessman, she had certainly been informed of his rank composes herself accordingly.

She nods at his question, taking another sip of her tea while she thinks. In her head, she tries to reframe the situation as though she were talking to just another tutor.

"I've been told I don't always work well with others," she says, sincerely. It had been a headache for her teachers how she was so well-behaved around them but had problems with her peers. "To be honest, animals intimidate me, but Mr. Arai told me it might be good for me to talk to summons. He says they have a different attitude to most people and it could help."

TWC: 669
Travin Iburi
Travin Iburi
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Missing-Nin (D-rank)

Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:21 pm
The girl intrigued Travin with her answer. He was not expecting the answer she gave. He had been expecting the normal truth of wanting more power, or one of the many lies. However, he could tell that she was not lying. “That’s fine not everyone can work with others, and to be honest most people are either so stupid they will get you killed or completely incompetent.” He would give her a moment to let that sink in before continuing. “As far as small animals go I mostly agree, but in my experience, it is the one that looks the most harmless that you must watch out for. However, before we go any further let me show you what you will be working with if we come to an agreement.” Travin would look off into the distance for a moment with a look on his face like he was lost in space. 

A few moments later and he would snap back “one second and he will be here” Travin would tell Shoko while holding one finger up. Within thirty seconds a massive 6-meter long snake would slither up onto the gazebo. “Hello” the snake would speak into Shoko’s mind. “This is Render he is the same species as my summon race and one of my oldest friends. We met when I was a boy and have been friends ever since. Don’t worry he won’t bite you or anything” Travin would tell Shoko.

WC-242 TWC-1282
Shoko
Shoko
Citizen

Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:40 pm
Shoko blinks at his answer, a bit of a bashful smile threatening to break her mask of polite interest. She agrees with him, but it's in such contrast to what she's been taught thus far that it feels like misbehaving to show it. As such, she doesn't say anything, but her expression falters further enough during that moment of quiet that Travin can surely tell what she's thinking.

She nods, wondering what he is about to show her. Some kind of fish? She's heard the Rentei are all about water. There's another long moment of quiet, this one a little more awkward for Shoko as Travin appears to zone out, and she busies herself taking a sip of her tea.

"Are you talking to him?" she asks, tilting her head subtly at this strange show of communication. Then she sees him, and Shoko takes another sip of her tea, eyes wide behind the rim of the glass as she makes a successful effort not to choke again. Instead, she busies herself with appropriate mental epithets for the gigantic snake that has entered their presence. These are interrupted by a clear voice - somebody else's voice. Shoko looks to Travin, silently asking if he heard that, before looking to Render. It must be... his voice? Was he talking into Travin's mind too?

"Hello," she responds in kind, unsure whether she should be speaking aloud or to be thinking very hard. He may be a gigantic scaly creature, but he is also her teacher's good friend, so she reminds herself to be proper. "It's nice to meet you, Render. I'm Shoko."

TWC: 937
Travin Iburi
Travin Iburi
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Missing-Nin (D-rank)

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:18 pm
Travin smiled as he saw Shoko’s expression when told her that half the people she will work with are idiots. However, he couldn’t stop himself from letting out a tiny laugh at her expense when Render slithered up and talked into her mind. It was something that never got old no matter how many times he had seen it. Travin watched as she introduced herself to Render getting himself under control. Once she had introduced herself Render would slither his way over to Travins side of the gazebo and lay down by Travins feet. Granted Render was big enough that he took up most of the gazebo, so who is to say that he wasn’t laying down beside Shoko’s feet instead. 

So is this something that you could live with. This kind of thing is permanent, and if you hurt them or screw them over they will send me to collect you.” He would let that sink in for a second before continuing. “Not threatening you or anything but it’s part of the job, and you wouldn’t be the first person I’ve had to take to the cave to be judged by the elders” Travin would add. While he didn’t think Shoko would be the kind of person to betray someone. He felt that it was only right to let her know the consequences of doing such. 

If you can agree to these terms I will summon the contract carrier and you may sign your name. I will then teach you a couple of jutsu to get you started on your path to true mastery” he would tell Shoko after giving her a few minutes to collect her thoughts on everything.

WC-281 TWC-1563
Shoko
Shoko
Citizen

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:28 pm
"I understand." Shoko gazes at Render. The snake still carries majesty and power where he reclines, but she finds herself more respectful than fearful. Like the lizards that run around the outer walls of the houses, she enjoys the stillness of him at rest, the shine of his scales.

The anxiety of a potential split loyalty gnaws at her. She knows there is a long history of shinobi working with summoned animals without issue, so she does her best to dismiss this worry.

"Is it alright if I speak with the contract holder before signing?" she asks. She has a growing sense that she is alright with this arrangement, but she had only exchanged a single word with Render and has not learned much about the snakes' dispositions.

TWC: 1065
Travin Iburi
Travin Iburi
Missing-Nin (D-rank)
Missing-Nin (D-rank)

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:42 pm
With Shoko agreeing to Travins terms she only had a single question of if she could talk to the contract holder before signing. “Of course you can. I must tell you though that he is very old though, but he does like to have at least a short conversation before allowing you to sign.” Travin would take a moment before adding “for all you have done so far is convince me and Render here to summon the contract for you. Once I summon the contract holder he will look into you and see if he likes what he sees or not, and no I don’t know how he does it or what he looks for” Travin would tell Shoko. 

If she was ready Travin would stand up stepping over Render who would get out of the way for Shoko. A few meters away from the gazebo Travin would make a few handseals and touch the ground. With a puff of smoke, an ancient snake with a long white Mustache and age spots would appear in front of him with a scroll striped to his back. “What is this Travin three in one year” he would ask with a raspy voice clearly showing his age. 

Travin would look down on the snake “Yes it is. I know it’s rare to find people worthy of the contract and your clan great power, but here in the mist village, we have an abundance of shinobi full of potential” Travin would tell the snake before motioning over to Shoko. “This is Shoko my newest recruit” he would tell the snake

WC-266 TWC-1829
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum