Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Shiru IyasuToday at 3:59 amDr.NoDeathThe Culling Games: The FinalYesterday at 8:50 pmHimari HyuugaThe Culling Games: Ninth MatchYesterday at 7:37 pmHimari HyuugaMy Immortal Yesterday at 6:02 pmTalon TauMerchant MonsterYesterday at 5:58 pmHebiishi OrochiIlluminate the UmbraYesterday at 4:32 amJunko TsukikoDoctor DaysYesterday at 4:09 amJunko TsukikoSpa Spy SessionYesterday at 3:56 amJunko TsukikoJunko TsukikoYesterday at 3:21 amJunko TsukikoA Few Errands to RunSat May 04, 2024 2:13 pmAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
16 Posts - 39%
8 Posts - 20%
5 Posts - 12%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
1 Post - 2%
1 Post - 2%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Noboru Kaito
Noboru Kaito
Master
Master
Stat Page : The father,
The son,
The daughter
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Village : Kumogakure
Ryo : 155

One Hand Washes The Other Empty One Hand Washes The Other

Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:33 pm
A morning spent at work was not how he would rather start his day, yet necessity demanded he didn’t take days off just yet. Most of his time had been divided into two categories: work, and workout. Even Kiseragi hadn’t been able to tackle the mountains of work that demanded the handiwork of the Kage themselves, even with him having been the previous Kage. That being said, Kaito and Kiseragi had spent a long time together since his return so he could be properly instructed on how to perform the more… administrative part of the job. Being the Raikage wasn’t just about being strong, after all. That being said though, Kaito did feel the weight of his years taking their toll. More and more he had noticed he wasn’t as agile as he had been in the peak of his youth, and slowly his articulations would grind against each other. His best bet was to combat this with short bursts of power, but this demanded that he abandon his usual speedy fighting style that he had embraced as a Fuijin Howler, and now he had started his journey as a Raijin Drummer. And just as he had estimated, the paced but explosive style of the Drummers was now more practical for Kaito’s situation than the Fuijin Howling he had gotten used to growing up.

And so, for the most part, he would workout during the mornings and work the afternoon, or workout in the afternoons if he had to work during the morning for some last minute emergencies (or if he had neglected something and purposefully left it for the last minute). Sitting at his mahogany desk, a beautiful piece of furniture which was one of the last remnants of the Raikages of the past, with his back against the wall length windows, he looked above the pile of papers to glance at the office space. His office was spacious, and he liked that, as it had allowed him to create a gym-at-the-office situation. On his right side, a mini-bar kept him company, with a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables ready to be shredded into a smoothie, with some sake around as well to make the juice reach the muscles faster. After the first few meters, the office wall properly gave way to a wall made of one way glass, in which the office had the mirror face, while the other side was an empty space where his ANBU could monitor the happenings of the office at all times in case someone had some funky ideas. In front of the mirror, various lifting stations made themselves available, as well as elliptical, walking and rowing machines. On the other wall, more lifting stations, including a squatting rack, a few pull up bars against the wall, and many weight racks. Kettle weights and a medicine ball also decorated the rubber floors matts. From the double door at the entrance to the office up to back of the office where his desk was, the floor retained the original wooden floors, a corridor for those who visited to walk. To his left, a couch which could sit three people. On his desk’s right drawer, his imported Fang Country cigars.

Life was good.

Yet, sometimes the work made him doubt that claim. A knock on the door distracted him from observing his office, and he called out to whoever was at the door. Rei, his secretary, made her way through the double doors with a file in her arm, clutched to her chest. She was shorter than Nobo, luscious pink hair, full lips which she painted to match the hair, and a pretty face all around. In contrast to Nobo’s dark armor under the white robes of the Raikage, the belt of which dangled a peculiar bottle of sake, she was dressed rather modestly for the weather. If Nobo was a dating man he might’ve tried his luck. “How can I help you, my dear Rei?” She sighed. “You can’t, unfortunately, you need to help yourself. Here’s the Daimyo’s latest budget report, as well as some other concerns regarding our border and maritime territory control, and this one is about leaves of absences for our forces, some new ones came in from top brass.” She handed the files one at a time as she explained them. “Also, you have an appointment with two of your ninja today. I’ve coordinated with Mission Control so we could have the two of them free today and they have been summoned by the Mission Delivery team, they should be here at 11am. Do you want me to have them wait to enter together?” Kaito listened intently, looking at the files as they came in before looking up at her deep blue eyes. “No, send them in immediately when they arrive, I don’t need them to enter together.” She nodded at the command. “As you wish. Is there anything else I can do for you?” He recalled their time working together when he was a jonin. She had been available then. She was either over him by now, or being professional. “No, that will be all. Thank you for the good work.” She nodded once again. “Of course”, she said, before turning on her heels and making her way out the door.

Kaito worked through the morning, oblivious to the approaching 11am. When the two ninja arrived, Rei would welcome them and instruct them to enter, as the Raikage would be waiting for them already. When the door would reverberate a knocking next, he would call out to whoever knocked to enter.
=================
WC: 933
Enyo Gushiken
Enyo Gushiken
Citizen
Stat Page : Enyo Gushiken
Remove Taijutsu Iryōjutsu Remove Remove Default
Ryo : 500

One Hand Washes The Other Empty Re: One Hand Washes The Other

Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:28 pm
It took a constant presence to maintain the conduct of the Hospital. With Ichigo attending patients and his duties as Deputy of the village it was left to Enyo to make sure that the staff of the hospital were up to par with their duties and maintaining a clean facility for not only the presentation of the building, but for her standards. The Goddess of war would walk the halls with a clipboard in hand, pen in the other as she checked off supplies and times. Signature next to checkpoints. She did not take pleasure in her job, it was a extracurricular for her, a side hustle that gave no extra pay. As Ichigo’s bodyguard she did this to keep him of a sound mind and nothing more. 

“Lady Enyo, I have a notice for you.” Abaft of her the voice called out. She turned to noticed the head nurse, Saiya Todaru. Steadily approaching her. “Saiya, you do not have to address me with such honorifics. I’m of no prestige position, nor deserving of it. At least not as of late.” Enyo would replied, reaching out to take the notice from her and placing it over her work on the clipboard. Saiya shook her head with caring eyes. “That’s just not true, Lady Enyo. You’ve actually do so much in the last few days. We’ve heard about your rescuing of the Chuunin and Genin. Some say if you didn’t intervene they might have died.” The Goddess would give her a sharp, yet careless glance. “It wasn’t like that, not in the slightest. I merely did what anyone Shinobi would have done in that situation.” Her eye would return to the notice. It was a summons to meet with the Raikage. She subtly clenched her teeth as she knew this had to be in reference to Anaphiel’s remarks. 

She was not stressed over the notice, she expected as much to come sooner than later. She stands behind her actions and will always. Handing the clipboard over to Saiya she would begin to make her way down the hall. “Thank you, Saiya. Please make sure that the patients are visited every hour on the hour in my absence and that supplies are restocked. I will return shortly. If Ichigo ask for me, inform him that I was summoned by the Raikage.” With that she made her way out of the hospital. 

Eventually she would find herself before the doors of the Raikage office. Upon arriving she was given permission to enter immediately and so she did. The woman would enter the room and step in, closing the doors behind her. She would notice the beautiful desk with the massive window behind it. Her lord sitting behind the desk waiting for her. She also noticed that the office was more like a home gym which was rather impressive to her. She even had a thought of visiting just to have an intense workout. A smirk manifested on her face. She stepped closed to the desk until she was a meter from it. She would then place her hands at her sides. “My lord.” She said, waiting for a response. 
Noboru Kaito
Noboru Kaito
Master
Master
The son,
The daughter

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:56 pm
When the knock came at his door, Kaito growled out an invitation, which was soon followed by someone opening the double doors and walking in. Kaito lifted his eyes from the document he was reading, observing as he finally met Enyo Gushiken for the first time, the one who Anaphiel didn’t consider worthy of a promotion at her current stage. He went back to reading the document he had been reading, before finally signing it as she stood in front of his desk, as soldierly as one might expect from the toughest the Kumogakure had to offer. He finally put the paper and pen down, looking at her with his dark eye as he leaned back in his comfortable office chair. “The fabled Enyo Gushiken. You can take a seat, if you wish”, he said as he gestured towards the sofa to his left, while gyrating towards the right towards the bar. “Can I get you anything? Some sake? A smoothie?” He would prepare whatever Enyo replied with, before pouring himself some sake and delivering what was asked -- or nothing at all if that had been her wish -- before going back to the stand to the right of his desk.

He observed her stance and posture, whether she was sitting or standing. “You a Drummer? Or a Howler?” It was clear she was a fighter of some sort. Not only her musculate, but her mere posture gave that away. He would wait for a reply before continuing. “I’m a Dummer myself. Used to be a Howler most of my life, but had to adapt to the times. Old age comes for us all.” He sighed, before lifting his glass and drinking from it. Soon as it came down, he was refilling it already. It would seem Beanstalk was late. No matter.

He turned around and put his glass on his desk, making sure to put a coaster on the beautiful wood of the desk. He was a warrior, to be sure, but not a fucking animal. He reached into his desk’s top drawer, pulling out a box of cigars. “You smoke?” He would offer if she would take it, and take one for himself. “So, since our friend is late, let’s get this started ourselves.” He drew a cigar cutter, and cut the tip of the curled cigar. “Mission report”, he started, almost monotone, allowing the cutter to punctuate his sentence, “the theft of information from the Kage’s office.” He flipped the cigar, cutting the other tip as he commanded her with a dispassionate “go”. He would then listen to her, carefully observing her mannerisms with his peripheral vision as the dark eye met hers, smoking the cigar slowly.
==============
WC: 449
TWC: 1382
Enyo Gushiken
Enyo Gushiken
Citizen

Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:51 pm
So this was him? The infamous Lord Raikage, close friend of Ichigo the Drunkard Doctor. Enyo analyzed him as she approached, his build and his posture was also something that she took note of immediately. It was not mystery that her Kage was one of great skill, but what she did not consider was his...overwhelming guard. Immediately she could sense it, feel it rather. Though he looked lax within his placement, but there was a suffocating tension that can only be associated with the overly paranoid. Enyo found this to be impressive. He masked his keen observation well enough that she couldn’t really make heads, or tails of it. Only those who dedicated their life to the martial arts would be capable of tasting a crumb of this absolute will. 

His first sentence upon meeting her would stick with her for a lifetime to come. A subtle raise of her brow would indicate to him that she clearly knew this was not going to be a meeting to better acquaint one self, but more so to clear up something. “I feel a seat would be in my best interest.” She would reply, motioning over towards sofa. She sat with her right leg crossed over her left. Her hands interlocked and sat comfortably on her lap. “Sake, please.” She answered. After all, who would turn down a chance to share a drink with the Raikage, she wouldn’t be so foolish to do such. Her hand reached out to receive the drink. “Thank you.” 

His next set of words where stolen from her mental as she observed him moving about the office. He wanted to know of her style, Drummer, which was strength as terrible as Thunder. Or, Howling, which was speed as blinding as lightning. “Drummer, but I’m sure that you’ve already deduced that. I couldn’t help but noticed that you move about as such, yourself.” Her eyes traced him from neck to chest to his feet. They closed as she took a sip from her glass. It was refreshing, the sake tasted like none she had the pleasure of every having. So her deducing was correct, though if she would have said such in his earlier years she would have been wrong. “Adaption is a necessity to a fighter’s survival. It comes as second nature as does breathing when throwing a punch.” She replied. 

Another sip of the sake. She noticed that her Kage was already done with his glass, pouring another to top off the last. She smiled lightly. Men and their appetite — though she never minded it, unless they were coming off incorrectly towards her. He asked is she smoked. Her hand reached for the bandaged side of her face that concealed her burns. “No, I do not.” She didn’t sound sad, but rather her mindset was to keep flames as far aware from her as possibly in her lower to do so. Anaphiel was running late? So this was indeed in regards to his remarks on that mission from before. She scuffs silently. Her hand lowered. Kaito did not waste time, she didn’t expect him to have either. “Upon your absence your office was violated. A mission was set in place to retrieve the information that was stolen. Chuunin, Anaphiel and Genin, Rin and myself were assigned to that mission. Anaphiel had a plan to capture the targets alive and bring them in for questioning. I did not agree with that plan, I found it to portray the wrong message to our enemies. Those that steal from us deserves to be sentenced to death. Kumogakure does not take theft from within lightly. We exchanged words, he pulled ranked. I found him unfit to be a leader with that method of thinking.” She drowned the last of her sake, holding the glass in her hand as she continued. “As we caught up to the targets they were in engaged in battle with a few of our men. Anaphiel suggested that we split up. He sent me after two which were in close quarters combat with three of our men, while he and Rin dealt with two long ranked casters that were dueling with one of our men. I will not lie, he asked me to go easy on them, but I dismissed that order and killed them both as they were aiming to kill our men. Rin killed another, and all that was left was the one that Anaphiel injured. He was not pleased with me, nor was I pleased with him. He made mention of recommending that I was not ready to ascend to Chuunin — that angered me, greatly.” 

Enyo took a breath and sighed. Her eye focused on Kaito’s. “I take full responsibility for the mishap on that mission. Whatever the punishment is, I can take it and will as chastising.” She ended. 
Anaphiel Hidemori
Anaphiel Hidemori
Citizen
Stat Page : Stat Page
Remove Remove Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Clan Specialty : Sensory
Ryo : 42750

Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:36 am
It was as beautiful as he thought it would be. The skies were the purest of blues, with clouds almost picturesque. Anaphiel Hidemori had decided to visit a very special place in Rayoralia today; The Hidemori Shrine, located in what was referred to as the Waterfall Bluffs. It was built into a tree of epic proportions, the likes of which he had only ever really dreamed of. The humid air, the rumbling of the nearby waterfalls, and the noise of the local wildlife provided a very serene environment for meditation and contemplation. He was not here however for that. The main reason he had decided to visit the shrine today was to add the names of his parents to the memorial that was located in the shrine. He spent some time, etching the names in with extreme care, and then kneeling in front of the memorial for a time, commemorating their lives and paying respect to them. It was a sobering situation, but he felt this would help him let go of his grief. After about an hour, he stood up, looked around, and then used the powers that Rayoralia granted him to leave his dimension and return to his home.

He returned to his bedroom, where Cheddar and Charlie, his two dogs, were waiting for him on his bed. They looked over at him in surprise, barked a couple times until they realised who it was, then ran over and started jumping at his legs until the Hidemori Chuunin bent down and scratched their heads and ears, laughing as they licked at his hands. After a few minutes of playing with them, Anaphiel got up and made his way downstairs to make himself some food. He got the stove lit and was just putting a frying pan on top when Cheddar walked over with a letter in his mouth. ‘Must have been slid under the door at some point…’ Anaphiel thought to himself as he took the letter and opened it. The Raikage had returned from Hoshigakure, he had been watching the Kumo shinobi that had participated in the Chuunin exams there, and had requested his presence. Based on when this was likely delivered, he was definitely running late. The Hidemori Chuunin turned off the stove burner and rushed upstairs to put on some fresh clothes before heading over to the Raikage’s office.

To save him some time, he would make use of the markers that he had placed around the village to teleport himself to the main administrative building, using his short-range version of his Blink technique. That way, it only took him a few minutes to get to the building itself. He hadn’t taken any time to place markers inside the building itself, which was probably for the best, at least for now. Anaphiel would quickly make his way upstairs until he was at the antechamber to the Raikage’s office. The Raikage’s secretary, Rei, looked up at him and politely informed him that the Raikage was expecting him. She then checked the time and raised an eyebrow. Anapiel smiled sheepishly. “I wasn’t home when the letter arrived,” he said by way of explanation. With that, he walked over to the double doors that would lead into the main office itself and knocked, waiting to be allowed entry.

WC: 550
Noboru Kaito
Noboru Kaito
Master
Master
The son,
The daughter

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:30 pm
A light raise of the brow told Noboru that she was somewhat surprised with his approach, as far as he could see. No matter, she took a seat anyway, and after serving her sake, she replied to his question, informing him that she was a Drummer, much as he might be one. He clarified for her he was indeed a Drummer, and she retorted that one must adapt to the times. The redhead would chuckle and grin, tilting his head to the side before drinking. She sat as what one might call “a proper lady”, though the Kage was not one for such denominations. Male or female, thug or aristocratic, his ninja were tools to be used for the greater cause of the preservation and elevation of the Lightning Country. He never forgot this, nor would he let them forget that either.

She recoiled at Noboru’s offer of a cigar, placing her hand by her bandages. Noboru shrugged it off, not paying too much attention to it. He wasn’t a telepath or a medical specialist, and her bandages had done a good job of hiding whatever was under them. He barely associated it with her dislike of the flame. When he asked for the report on the mission, he took a drag as she began to speak, feigning disinterest, and propped himself off the desk to walk to the window, pulling a mechanism that allowed for the wall sided window to tilt inward and allow the strong scent of the cigar to go out. He took a drag, allowing for the flavors to dance along his tongue, before relaxing his throat and retrohaling the cigar smoke through his nostrils, the strong scents once again waving and dancing among his scent receptors. As she spoke, his mind whispered of the rumors that drummers are as hollow as the drums they beat, and only good for beating drums as their name implied. Ironic, he thought.

He turned back around, glancing at her and locking his dark eye with hers as she made closing remarks on Anaphiel’s recommendation against her promotion, how that angered her and how she was ready to be punished, and would be punished willingly. Noboru’s fingers curled around the cigar, and held on to it as he shook his head lightly, clicking his tongue against the roof of his in disapproval. He approached the bar, picked up the bootle once again and brought it closer. He was too sober to deal with this. “Whatever punishment, I will take it willingly as chastising”, he repeated, almost in a mocking way, but reigned in enough that it would carry mostly his disapproval. “Enyo, am I running a daycare here? Actually, before you answer that”, he would raise his hand whence the cigar hung curled between his index finger and against his middle finger, “I want you to think very carefully about the implications of your actions. Not only did you disparage me, your Kage, by questioning your assigned commanding officer as directed by the Mission Board which I oversee and employ, you disobeyed a direct order in the line of duty. And that’s not even the worst.” He would pick up the sake bottle and approach Enyo to refill her glass, unless she motioned she didn’t want to drink more, not likely the best of decisions as he was watching her as a hawk might watch a rabbit. “Did you stop to think that killing individuals with information on their motives, or employers, or potential buyers, could implicate you as a double agent?” He took a moment, and observed her facial expression and subsequent reactions, stoic as a statue.

He would back away after a moment -- which for some might’ve felt like an eternity -- and place the bottle back on the table, when they were interrupted by a knock on the door. “Come in”, he would invite. He clearly recalled asking Rei to inform the duo to just walk in, he would have to talk to her about this later. Anaphiel would walk into the room. Out of respect, he didn’t call him by his usual name, as they would be meeting for the first time after a sensitive subject took place. Instead, he switched the cigar from his right hand to his left, and met Anaphiel halfway through his office so he could have a private word with the man. He extended the right hand to Anaphiel to shake it, and in a hush tone expressed his sympathies. “I heard what happened. You have my condolences.” He would then turn once again, and begin walking back towards the bar. “As the two of you are already acquainted, I will spare you the introductions. Please, take a seat.” Kaito produced another glass, brought it towards the desk, and filled it with sake, before putting the bottle down and handing the glass to Anaphiel. “You smoke?” He gestured with the cigar, and if Anaphiel accepted, he would produce his cigar box and cigar cutter to the man.

“Now, Anaphiel, before you arrived, I was just about done questioning Enyo about her choices on that fateful morning. So, if you will give her a moment to answer to what I asked her, I will want you to give me your mission report for the intel recovery mission, and if you could…” Noboru approached his desk, pulling out Anaphiel’s note address to him, before giving it to Anaphiel, “read this out loud and explain what it means.”

Noboru would once again lean on his desk, observing the situation. His motions, deliberate and paced for maximum effect, spoke of his presence in the room as the predator, and any unexpected motion would be met with fierce prejudice.
=================================
WC: 952
TWC: 2334
Enyo Gushiken
Enyo Gushiken
Citizen

Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:28 am
It would appear that the words of Enyo were taken distastefully. That was not what she intended. The Raikage, Kaito almost mocked her as he repeated what she said to him, her resolve for the punishment that was most likely to occur was honest, though that was not how he saw it. His response came with a question, but also a complex set up that she did not anticipate. His words mustered a circumstance that even she did not think of. Nor did she appreciate. But she knew that if she was to respond with emotion things wouldn’t be seen fully from her perspective. Or was it that they were, but this was not to place blame on her, but instead to open her eyes to the harsh reality of her action in ignorance. 

I’m truth, she did not stop to think that. In her mind, she was the most loyal to Kumo of all shinobi. But, what he said… what he said held difficult truth. “I-…no, no I did not.” She responded as she lowered her head, her eye lingered on the refill of sake that was offered to her. 

Enyo was no traitor, she wouldn’t dare think to betray the village that she loved with all her heart. Yet, she could see how her actions would be perceived as ‘tying loose ends’. She sipped from her glass. “I’m no traitor, Lord Raikage.” Her emotions seemed to have gotten the better of her as she uncrossed her legs and say more naturally as she lean forward to look him in the eye. 

A knock at the door manifested, but it did not smooth out her displeasure for the words addressed to her, even if they were meant to open her eyes to the coincidence of the situation. That would make her one dangerous adversary and comrade. Anaphiel finally joined them, and her eye found him. Ever since their one-on-one she had questions for him. 

“Again, I am no traitor to Kumogakure. But that does not mean I do not understand your question, or see where you’re going with this. I’m not as naive as to be so oblivious. I can see how my actions could be frowned upon, or even how they could be seen as suspicious, I cannot defend them to the extent that some may wish me to. If a mind is made up there is no changing it. But I will say that I am loyal to the village, loyal to you. Despite my direct disobedience toward Anaphiel as leader of our cell.” She took another sip of her sake before she set it down and looked over to Anaphiel before he started to read the report. She felt screwed and some part of her felt as if she deserved it. 
Anaphiel Hidemori
Anaphiel Hidemori
Citizen
Stat Page : Stat Page
Remove Remove Remove Jikūjutsu Default
Clan Specialty : Sensory
Ryo : 42750

Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:30 pm
His friend responded to the knock by inviting him inside, so that’s what Anaphiel did. The Hidemori Chuunin opened the door and walked into the office, closing the door behind him. It had obviously been repaired in the time since it had been ransacked by those rogue shinobi that were no longer of this world. The last one having been put to death recently after a very long and drawn out series of interrogations which had in the end, yielded very little. Noboru Kaito, the current Raikage was already walking towards him, switching his cigar to his other hand in the process. The two would end up meeting about halfway between the door and his desk, his right hand extended towards him. Anaphiel smiled and accepted the offered hand with his own. At the same time, Kaito expressed his sympathies towards the death of his parents. Anaphiel nodded, “Thank you, my friend,” he said to the leader of his village. “Time heals all wounds, but some take more time than others. I’m sorry it had kept me down as long as it did.” As they walked back to the desk, he explained the reason for his tardiness. “Apologies for keeping you waiting. I’d gone to Rayoralia to add my parent’s names to the shrine I’d created for my Clan, I ended up spending more time there than I’d realized." When they did reach the desk, he accepted the offered glass of sake. When asked if he smoked Anaphiel shook his head. “Thank you but no, I do not.

From there they got down to business. Anaphiel would accept the offered seat, sitting on the couch, taking care not to crowd the couch’s other occupant. When he had gotten comfortable, Kaito gave him a brief summary of the conversation so far. He then walked over to his desk and grabbed a sheet of paper off of it and passed it to him. It was his report on Enyo’s conduct during the mission and his opposition to her ever attaining the rank of Chuunin while her behaviour remained as it was. He would look at his friend and nod. Enyo would say her piece. Essentially the response he would have expected. Justifying her stance with no remorse, he’d expected nothing less. When she had finished speaking, it was his turn. “The mission began as normal, there was urgency to it because they had ransacked your office so information retrieval was top priority. Next on the list was to kill or capture any assailants that were discovered. Killing them was a last resort if there was no way to capture them as there could be valuable information that would be of use to the village. Enyo took exception with that course of action and stated quite plainly that she intended on killing all but one and refused to listen to any discussion otherwise. I let it be for the time being because I figured that when the time came, I would be able to ensure that my orders were followed.” He paused for a moment to take a breath before continuing on. "We’d caught up with the pursuit team and they were already engaged with the fugitives. I’d directed Enyo to assist our shinobi that were engaged in close combat as that’s what she was most skilled with, while I went to assist against those that were using long-range techniques. It would seem at that point that everything in terms of my objectives flew out the window. I’d handled one of the enemy combatants and was able to subdue them without serious injury. By the time I’d turned around, the others were already dead. Two killed by Gushiken here, and the last one killed by the third member of our team, Rin Tomoya. After confirming that the other three could not be saved, I searched the bodies to locate the intel that was taken. I was able to find some of it in varying states of damage, but I’m positive that some of it was damaged beyond recall and some missing. We brought the one survivor back to the village for questioning, and the documents we were able to recover were sent back to your office.” His mission report over, he took the note that had been handed to him earlier and read it.

Lord Raigake, I wanted to apologise for the performance that my team showed during this mission. Without a doubt this mission was a failure in my eyes and I accept full responsibility for that. I wanted to bring to your attention that one of the Genin on this mission, Gushiken Enyo, was behaving disgracefully as a member of this village. She showed nothing but a complete lack of respect for myself and refused to follow any orders I had given for the entirety of this assignment. Any attempt to explain my reasoning was met with disdain, though I shouldn’t have had to explain anything in the first place. I am bringing all of this to your attention because as someone who professes their undying loyalty to the village, they do not seem to be behaving in its best interests. It is my opinion that until she learns to follow someone else’s lead, she should not be given the opportunity to lead, meaning that I am wholly against Gushiken Enyo ever earning the rank of Chuunin as she currently is.” Finished reading, he looked at his friend, the Raikage. “What it means, Lord Raikage, is that I do not see her fit to receive any form of promotion at this time, regardless of whether or not she was slated to gain it. And while I understand that the decision is yours, I would be opposed to her moving beyond the rank of Genin until she understands what it is to be truly loyal to this village. Of course, this is by no means me telling you how to do your job, merely my input on the subject.” With that, he would fall silent and wait for Kaito to respond.

WC: 1009
TWC: 1559
Noboru Kaito
Noboru Kaito
Master
Master
The son,
The daughter

Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:50 pm
Truly, words were the weapon of choice of the weak.

Enyo asserted she was not a traitor, professing her loyalty while admitting her forethought was lacking, sitting up as agitation stirred within her. Anaphiel, having explained himself regarding his tardiness, declined a cigar before he went on his tirade. Fuijin damn it, the redhead forgot he did that. Then again, he did ask for it, so he endured it. As he listened to the chunin, he walked towards the window, looking over his village through the reflection of the room before him as the cigar smoke expelled from his nostrils was vacated through the open window. The droning went on, yet Noboru was sure some report writer and reader would appreciate how thorough the man was. The reports seemed to match, yet from two differing points of view, obviously. While Enyo appeared to want to send a message to who knows who regarding Kumogakure’s stance on espionage, Anaphiel spoke of how he had allowed Enyo to continue performing even after a blatant statement she would disregard his commands on the thought of preventing it himself down the line, something he was ill equipped to do considering his next order to her was to take on assailants on her own without his supervision.

The veins on either temple of Noboru’s weathered face began to pulse. He did not like where this was going.

Anaphiel read the note which Noboru had read a few times already in dismay. Hearing it from his mouth was just as intriguing as to read it in what the redhead thought his voice would sound like, and yet so much more infuriating. Note read, he added an addendum to what his thoughts on it were, and while he claimed the Kage would have the last word, he would oppose the promotion until Enyo understood what it truly meant to be loyal to the village.

There was that word again. Loyal.

Noboru flipped the cigar in his fingers, before pressing the hot coal against the palm of the opposing hand and smothering it out, and as flakes of tobacco and ash lazed towards the floor, he pressed the entire thing between his palms and shredded the dried rolled leaves onto an Autumn shower. “Loyal”, he repeated. “Such a beautiful word, yet the two of you had displayed none of it during that mission.” He turned around, and the two would be able to see by the grave expression of his face -- if his dispassionate yet low growl of his voice hadn’t been enough -- that Noboru was now in an inverse mood with which he had greeted them earlier.

“The only reason the two of you are here talking to me is because my Storm Operatives didn’t see fit to lock you up under the mountain to rot and die, and so with that I must take it on their reports that they did not see any major espionage happening. But the gross disrespect and incompetence shown towards your village cannot stand. And you”, he pointed a firm finger on the ashed hand towards Enyo, “you better sink back into that fucking couch or the memory of those burns will feel like warm sake on a sunny day.” With that, Noboru had had enough, and the doors of the Gate of Opening flew wide open, his invigorated state allowing his presence to fill the entire room with a display of power few could stand against. Objects started rumbling all around, from papers on his desk, to his glass of sake to the bottle next to it, weights and bars across the room. The overwhelming presence of Noboru Kaito, and all the quiet, violent rage that burned within him would now be felt by everyone around, as the gourd of sake at his hip glowed a faint orange. Beneath his feet, tobacco and ash began to circle the man as they rose around his figure.

Booming once again, his voice carried through with ease as if distant thunder, yet it would reach both with the intensity of a close strike, as papers not clamped down by a paper weight began to flutter away and make their flight across the room. “Your loyalty to the village means squat shit if you can’t act on it. Disobeying a superior in the line of duty -- I’ve killed men for less.” A clear and translucent crimson would form around Noboru. “And while the last traitor that I disemboweled personally did far worse, you better believe he too thought what he did was for the sake of the village, backed by his loyalty. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, Gushiken. You best remember that whenever your loyalty to this village gives you any ideas that a basic genin shouldn’t even have.” Taking the form of a skeletal snake, the head would show, an eyepatch over the right socket, and a full mane of crimson hair billowing with the pressure of Noboru’s presence as the opened window rattled on its hinges. “And you.”

His black eye swirled in infinite crimson as Noboru turned his head, before taking the appearance of the three concentric semicircles of the Mangekyou Sharingan, one which the snake’s skull now sported. “Do you think Katsumi would’ve allowed you to progress in a mission if you declared you would disregard her orders? Do you think I wouldn’t break your orbital bones if you presumed to talk back to me? You speak truthfully and write engrossingly, yet it’s your lack of a spine that jeopardized your entire mission. You may have hailed from Konohagakure, but you best start acting like a Kumogakure ninja if you want to stay one.” He looked between the two, now speaking to both. “Weakness and stupidity will not be allowed to flourish within my organization, and I ever have to speak to either of you in this capacity, it will be under the mountains of the Kumogakure.”

And with that, as if a sonic boom that spread across the room, everything went back to normal. The Gate of Opening closed, and his crimson speckled eye became a fully black eye. The skeletal snake was nowhere in sight. Noboru looked at the floor, where broken shards of ceramic sat upon a clear liquid puddle. “Not my fucking sake…” He sighed, before looking back at the two.

What would Kutari do? To be sure, Kutari would rob them of a limb, as he had with the ninja who presumed to offer his healing skills to the Young Conqueror as he vanquished all foes before him. Yet, he recalled Kenshin’s words, of how Kutari’s fatal flaws were his unwillingness to help something he would deem as unworthy, but also his brutality in terms of rule. Kenshin had been brutal towards the Kumogakure, yet the way he presented his speech led Nobo to believe he might’ve handled such a situation differently. No. Noboru would have to find his own way in this scenario.

“Now. Seeing as the two of you have been given a second chance at life, I suggest you use it to the best of your abilities. Yet, I wish to have something that we can all remember this meeting for. Seeing as both of you are so keen in having an hand in the decisions that are made in this office, you can both leave one of your hands here before you go.”

He would reach into weapon pouches and take two lengths of wire. “Garrote the wrist, and seperate the hand however you want, as long as it stays. And don’t leave blood on my couch.”
============
WC: 1263
TWC: 3597
[Display of Power: Enyo 900+, Anaphiel 700+]
Enyo Gushiken
Enyo Gushiken
Citizen

Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:05 pm
Was… was he done? God, yes, he was done speaking; finally! Enyo knew that Anaphiel was talker, but she didn’t expect him to be this damn winded. Then he even take a breath? He gave his side of the story, pretty much the same as her’s… if you count the fact that he basically added emphasis to her blatant disregard of his order and rank. All she could do was roll her eye at his words, he was a fucking brown-nose if she ever saw one. “Friend” this “My friend” that. He was basically throwing his advantage of being friends with the Raikage right in her damn face. Way to go Enyo, you really know how to pick you battles. 

Ah, yes! We couldn’t call this much of a heart pounding experience if we didn’t have terror and threats added to the mix by none other than the man himself, now can we? Of course not — that was a rhetorical question, Enyo knew very well that someone like Kaito couldn’t give a damn. And it was because of this that she got her ass back into that seat like he demanded. She didn’t want to know the wrath of the man that ran a village that legend spoke of being the pinnacle of heaven’s wrath. I guess there was some thanks to be gave, someone thought it necessary for their… her freedom. But of course there was always a price for such. 

Was this a task, or a punishment? Perhaps both. Kaito wanted them to sever their hand as payment for wasting his time and performing poorly on his behalf. “Shit…” She would murmur as she eyed the wire thrown to her lap. This was something, really fucking something. Another crown achievement that she would have to live with for the rest of her damn life. 

With a shrug she would lift the wire and place it at her side. Taking her right hand and wrapping it around her left wrist. She would sigh, disappointedly, glancing at the long winded one, Anaphiel. “If this is too much for you, Anaphiel, I can make it simpler. I can remove your body’s ability to feel pain. That way you can just, lop it off.” She waited for his response before carrying on with her part. If he agreed, she would perform chakra anesthetic on him. Rendering his body of any pain sensors. If not, we’ll, he had more balls than she thought. 

Where was she? Ah, that’s right, her left wrist. She would then apply pressure using her right. Her body was more sturdy than she was willing to admit, both a testament and a surprise. However, she would eventually get to the prize with a splash and bone snapping pop her left hand would be detached from her arm. The couch, still blood free, like he wanted. She would wince for a moment and then glance up at him, her Kage. “Should I throw this away, or properly store it somewhere to prevent decomposing?” Ooouu, she spoke with some real gull, but what could one expect from someone that just used their bare hands to remove their other hand? 

Yes, yes, it’s quite clear that she could have used the wire to remove the hand, but Enyo saw it like this — if she is to lose a limb, she will lose it however she damn well pleases. And this was the perfect way for her. Granted, it wasn’t all that bad. She could still have it reattached should it come down to it. The bone was snapped precisely, cleanly. Sitting the hand in her lap, she would reach into her person and retrieve her bandage and single-handedly wrap her wound enough to close off the blood lost.  

Eyeing them both, she would focus the gaze on Anaphiel. “Come now, your friend is waiting. Or are Konoha shinobi as hesitant as you?” That was a direct insult, fluffed up in taunt and eagerness. She wanted to see if he had the balls to lose a hand, or anything that was in his power at that. Granted she was not pleased by the cost of her defiance, she was going to go wild in private when she could. But here, before these men, she was going to hold a face of will before them. She was not going to allow them to see her feel belittled or weak. Not here and certainly not ever. 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum