Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
JOIN OUR DISCORD
SITE RATING
RPG Rating 2 1 2
Swearing and mature language is permitted, with some limits.
Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
Violence is allowed, with some limitations.
THE NRPG STAFF

BOSS MAN
COORDINATORS
BALANCE MODS
APPROVAL MODS
Kage

HOVER TO REVEAL KAGE

Bijuu

HOVER TO REVEAL OWNER

Important Links

Latest topics
Shiru IyasuToday at 3:59 amDr.NoDeathThe Culling Games: The FinalYesterday at 8:50 pmHimari HyuugaThe Culling Games: Ninth MatchYesterday at 7:37 pmHimari HyuugaMy Immortal Yesterday at 6:02 pmTalon TauMerchant MonsterYesterday at 5:58 pmHebiishi OrochiIlluminate the UmbraYesterday at 4:32 amJunko TsukikoDoctor DaysYesterday at 4:09 amJunko TsukikoSpa Spy SessionYesterday at 3:56 amJunko TsukikoJunko TsukikoYesterday at 3:21 amJunko TsukikoA Few Errands to RunSat May 04, 2024 2:13 pmAyato Hyuuga
Top posting users this month
16 Posts - 39%
8 Posts - 20%
5 Posts - 12%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 5%
1 Post - 2%
1 Post - 2%
Copyright©
Naruto, Naruto Shippuden © Masashi Kishimoto
Naruto RPG
Naruto Role Play Game
(Forum RPG) ©
Staff and Members.

Naruto and Shippuden remain the intellectual property of Masashi Kishimoto and are not affiliated with this site. Content crafted here is the sole creation of its contributors, staff, and members. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or use of this content is strictly prohibited. NRPG does not claim ownership of any images utilized on the platform; all images belong to their original owners.
Protected by Copyscape
Go down
Kasumi Hyuuga
Kasumi Hyuuga
Citizen
Stat Page : Kasumi's Stats
Remove Puppetry Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 0

Finding an Oasis Hidden In Iron [w/ Gonk] Empty Finding an Oasis Hidden In Iron [w/ Gonk]

Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:25 am
”Rare Animals”:

Kasumi awoke one morning and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.  As she stretched, the young Hyuuga quickly realized she was no longer in her bed.  Her heart raced as she scanned her surroundings.  She wasn't even in her own room anymore.  She was laying down on the cold ground.  She found herself in a forest; there were snow-covered pine trees all over the place.

What the heck?  Did I go sleepwalking in the night? Kasumi wondered as she stood up, scratching her head.  No, no, that cannot be right.  This place doesn't look familiar at all.  Am I still dreaming?  I must be...

Kasumi was hundreds of miles away from Kirigakure.  And, in truth, she was even farther away than she ever dared to dream.  As she scanned the area to try and get her bearings, Kasumi realized she was not alone.  A tall, humanoid shape emerged from behind the branches of trees.  As the figure walked closer, Kasumi frowned and assumed the Gentle Fist stance – her clan's special fighting style.  While the canopy of thickly dense pine trees made it dark and difficult to see, Kasumi felt an odd presence about the figure.  He was male by the way he walked, but he had a mysterious aura.  It felt familiar...

”Oh no.  Its you,” Kasumi said with a sigh.  ”What's going on?  Where are we and why are you here?”

”Ho, ho, well met, Miss Kasumi!” the Hollykage greeted in a booming voice.  ”I hope you are well rested.  I have another task for you!  I do apologize, but I require your aid once again.  I have teleported us to the Land of Iron.  You are to help me find a hidden oasis deep within this forest.  There are said to be many beautiful creatures that live there.  I thought it would do you some good to get in touch with nature this holiday.”

Kasumi crossed her arms and closed her eyes.  She could not believe the words that were coming out of the Hollykage's mouth.  She knew that this man was probably capable of what he claimed, and, based on her surroundings, it seemed like a very likely scenario; however, Kasumi did not want to believe.  She had more important things to do than to preform the shaddy bidding of the Hollykage.

”Why me?” Kasumi demanded. ”What if I refuse your ridiculous tasks?

The Hollykage smiled and replied, ”You're the perfect one for the job.  I know you're a Hyuuga - one who possess the Byakugan, after all. And as I said before, you need to get in touch with nature this holiday season.  But if you refuse to do my task, consider this: you'll have to find your own way back home as I won't teleport you back.”

”If you can use summoning and teleportation jutsu, aren't you perfectly capable of finding this oasis yourself?”

”Perhaps, but where's the fun in that?  The simple fact of the matter is that I don't have the time to find it myself.  I have more important things to do.  Now here, take this ring.  Rub it once you've found the oasis, and I shall appear to take you home.  And as usual, you won't go home empty handed.  I will reward you for your efforts.”

The Hollykage placed the ring in the young Hyuuga's hands and gave her a wink, and in the blink of an eye, the mysterious man was gone.

Good grief.  Here we go again...

(WC = 568)
Gonk
Gonk
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!
Stat Page : Sharky Boi
Remove Taijutsu Bukijutsu Ninjutsu Remove Default
Remove Remove Remove Remove Remove Default
Clan Specialty : Ninjutsu
Village : Kirigakure
Ryo : 151400

Finding an Oasis Hidden In Iron [w/ Gonk] Empty Re: Finding an Oasis Hidden In Iron [w/ Gonk]

Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:35 pm
Gonk woke up one winter morning to find a scroll on his windowsill, lightly coated in snow. Gonk took his time getting out of bed and grabbing the scroll. As he sat down at his kitchen table with a bowl of cereal, he noticed that the seal on the scroll was not the one of the Mizukage’s office. It was instead light blue and had the imprint of a snowflake. Perplexed, Gonk broke the seal and unraveled the scroll.
“Dear Gonk,” it read, “I have another mission for you. Could you please locate an oasis for me? It is said it’s filled with many incredible animals. Find it and you will be greatly rewarded. When you are ready, just sign the bottom of the page and you will be transported there. Good luck!
- The Hollykage”
“Hmmm this is the same guy that asked me to deliver those cookies. How is he going to transport me? Speaking of which, where is it I’m being transported to?" All of these thoughts were rushing Gonk’s head as he got dressed and ready for his mission. As soon as he was ready, Gonk signed the paper and was whisked away in a flurry of snow. He found himself standing, not on the wooden floor of his kitchen, but on the snowy ground of a pine forest.
“How did I get here? Did signing the paper somehow transport me here?” Gonk saw that the sun was still low in the sky, showing that little or no time had passed during the transportation. He looked around the snow covered woods to see if he could find anything he recognized and at first didn’t see anything. But then something caught his eye. Movement about 50 meters away from him. It looked like a person, so Gonk crept closer to investigate, not wanting to draw attention to himself if they were hostile. As he got closer he realised they looked familiar, and when he was a few meters away he discovered that the person was Kasumi Hyuuga, a fellow ninja of Kirigakure.
“Hey Kasumi,” Gonk said stepping from behind a tree, “any chance you know where we are?”
[WC=360]
[Advent Calendar Day 7]
Kasumi Hyuuga
Kasumi Hyuuga
Citizen

Finding an Oasis Hidden In Iron [w/ Gonk] Empty Re: Finding an Oasis Hidden In Iron [w/ Gonk]

Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:30 am
Wow, he just plopped me in the middle of nowhere didn't he? Kasumi thought with a sigh.

She was uncertain where to start her search, but knew she had to find the oasis.  It was the only way she'd ever get back home.  As the sun began to creep through the trees, their beams illuminated the dark ground below and reflected on the snow.  It caused the snow to sparkle which was quite enchanting if one stopped to look.  But Kasumi was on a mission.  After a while, Kasumi noticed movement up ahead of her.  The Hyuuga got down and activated her Byakugan, fearing that who ever it was might not be friendly.  To her surprise, the figure had a familiar chakra signature.  It belonged to Gonk!

”Hiya Gonk!  Thank goodness to see a familiar face,” Kasumi said with a wave.  ”Don't tell me the Hollykage has teleported you, too?  What is his play, anyway?  First cookies, now this?  I wish we could inform our Mizukage about him.  He could be dangerous.  Huh?  Oh, where are we?  Well that festive “Kage” mentioned something about the Land of Iron, I think he's teleported us there.  And he mentioned something about finding an Oasis.  That Hollykage was very vauge.”

As Kasumi and Gonk walked deeper into the pine forest, their steps made footprints in the fallen snow.  The young Hyuuga couldn't help but think of how far away from home they really were.  They were in an entirely different country, now.  In truth, she had no idea were exactly the Land of Iron was located on a map – only that it was somewhere north.  That much was very certain.  It was cold - much colder than the kunoichi was used to.

”Oh geez, its cold!  Brr!  You're have to excuse me, eh-hem, I'm still in my pajamas.  I was sleeping when that Hollykage teleported me.  I don't even have Tako, my puppet ninja tool, on me right now.  Though, I'm not totally worthless, I've been learning some new jutsu since our run-in with those pirates.” Kasumi awkwardly said after a few minutes of walking; if Gonk was paying attention, he would notice his friend blushing a little.

Suddenly there was a small clearing in the pine forest which was covered a heavy blanket of snow.  The sun, while blocked by some cloud cover, it still managed to shine bright in this particular clearing.  This particular clearing wasn't an oasis, but there were signs of life.  There was a deer trail that cut through the clearing.  Gonk and kasumi noticed that there were hoof prints.

”Deer tracks, our first sign of life in this forest.  If there's running water in this Oasis, then the creatures that made these prints would surely go there, right?”

(WC = 454)
(TWC = 1022)
Gonk
Gonk
Citizen
Survived 2021
You've completed the Christmas Event of 2021 and qualified for the last reward, by partisan you are awarded this fancy badge!

Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:07 pm
When Gonk stepped out from behind the tree, Kasumi waved at him, saying she was glad to see a familiar face. Gonk noticed that her Byakugan was activated, meaning perhaps he hadn’t been as sneaky as he had intended to be. She also informed Gonk that the Hollykage had mentioned something about the land of Iron and finding an oasis
“The fat bastard actually talks to you?” Gonk asked, a bit surprised. “He just leaves me letters. Today mine said that I had to find some animals at an oasis.” As they continued to walk through the forest, Kasumi commented on the cold and how it was and how the Hollykage teleported her in her sleep. She also mentioned not having her puppet, but still being useful. Gonk noticed her cheeks start to turn red, however he assumed it was because of the cold, not because of whatever reason she was actually blushing, so he took off his sweatshirt and handed it to her.
“Here take this or you’ll get hypothermia. I don’t get cold easily, my scales help with that, so I’ll be fine,” The pair continued to walk through the forest and eventually happened across a small clearing. Kasumi spotted a small trail with animal tracks, and they decided it would be worth checking out. The duo walked on the trail for about five minutes before being deposited into another clearing filled with animals and water. The temperature was much warmer, and caused the air to be filled with steam.
“So,” Gonk said, turning to his friend, “do you know what we’re supposed to do now?” Unlike Kasumi, Gonk hadn’t been given a ring, and so he didn’t know how to contact the Hollykage. Gonk walked over to examine the animals more closely.
“Hey Kasumi, check these out,” Gonk called. "All of the animals appeared to be hybrids." Swimming around one of the small ponds were some turtle ducks and drinking from another pond was a polar bear dog, and a herd of sky bison.
“What do you think the Hollykage wants with all of these?” Gonk asked Kasumi, a bit concerned. The animals didn’t seem to be afraid of the two humans in their midst, and Gonk wondered why.
“Maybe because they aren't used to predators. Maybe they are so used to peace that they aren't prepared to fight.” Gonk gazed at the serine scene and hoped that no harm would come to the animals.
[WC=408]
[TWC=768]
Kasumi Hyuuga
Kasumi Hyuuga
Citizen

Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:05 am
Gonk seemed to be surprised that the Hollykage visited her in person, to which she replied, “Oh, he only sent you a letter?  He probably knows that his visits annoy me.  That's why he sees me in person.  He sent you a mission letter and after you read it, you were teleported right?  That has to be some high ranking Fuuinjutsu.  Who is this guy!?  Grr!  Oh, yeah, he also gave me this ring.  He said that if I sqeeze it, he suppose appear.  There must be some sort of summoning seal round the band.”

The pair would trudge onward, over downed trees and deep snow.  The soft powder covered the landscape and quieted their movements.  For Kasumi, it felt as if someone had placed their hands over her ears, or perhaps a pair of sea shells from one of Kiri's beaches.  The was surreal sound which played in her mind – a quiet droning that stopped only when she tried to concentrate on it.  Kasumi had zoned out for a bit.  All of a sudden, she felt something around her shoulders which nearly caused the Hyuuga to jump out of her skin.

”Ack!  Wait, huh?  W-why do I need this?  D-don't you need it?” Kasumi protested

Without a word, Gonk threw his sweater around Kasumi's shoulders.  It was warm and, to her surprise, did not smell like fish.  Even after Kasumi protested, Gonk insisted that she hold on to it for a while and that he wasn't bothered with the cold weather.

Actually Gonk has a rather pleasant smell.  This sweater doesn't smell like the sea, or fish at all.  Instead, his sweater smells like rain... Kasumi's thought as her face felt like it was on fire.  What is this all of sudden?  What am I feeling?

Thankfully there was a clearing up ahead which took the awkwardness out of the young teen's mind.  She could place all of her attention back to the task at hand which was to find the hidden oasis.  They followed the tracks which cut through the clearing as it winded and twisted through the thick forest.  They hiked for what seemed like miles and found another clearing.  This time the duo could hear water.  The duo decided to check it out.

”Hey, is this it?” Kasumi asked as she looked around.

The air wasn't so cold here and you could see steam raising up from the springs which dotted the area.  It was full of life here as well.  You could hear birds chirping in the trees as well as squirrels.  There were rabbits, too, who kept their distance – alerted to our presence.  Gonk walked over to one of the springs and noticed creatures swimming about.  Turtle ducks were swimming out in the distance, while a polar bear dog drinked from another.  None of the animals here seemed to threaten the other as if they all lived here in harmony, nor did they seem to care about the two Genin who came knocking on their doorstep.

”You think I should give the ring a squeeze?” Kasumi asked with a dumbfounded expression on her face.  ”Yeah, I guess I'll do it.  I hope the Hollykage isn't going to cause any trouble...”

Kasumi fished out the ring which she had placed in a pocket for safe keeping and held it into the air.  She looked at her friend with worried eyes as she bit her lower lip before nodding.  She gave the ring a squeeze and hoped nothing terrible would happen.  A poof of smoke filled the immediate area as a tall, round figure emerged from the smoky swirls.  It was the Hollykage and it appeared as if he were holding something, tucked underneath his arms.

”Ho, ho, Miss Kasumi and Mr Gonk,” the Hollykage boomed.  ”I see you've found my Sanctuary!” ”Ah, your faces tell me that you are confused.  As you can see, this oasis is home to many a strange creature.  You see, I care for them when I can, and look after them.  These creatures are apart of this world, and unfortunately, have had their homes destroyed by some means or another - sometimes on purpose, sometimes by accident.  Too often by the hands of humans.”

”What's that in your arms?” Kasumi asked as she eyed what the man had tucked in his arms.

”Ah, why this is another turtle duck.  I found her wandering aimlessly near my workshop, the poor thing.  She will have a new home here,” the Hollykage explained.  ”This Holiday should be spent with those you care for, both friends and family alike.  Times have been hard for the ninja world. And times will likely become trying again.  I shall bring as many here as I can to help spread the cheer and remind everyone that you always have a home to go back to when you band together.  I will leave you two be, now for I have some gifts for you, as promised.  You're welcome to stay for as long as you like.  You are quite safe, here.  These animals no not of anger or aggression – as long as you treat them with care and respect they will leave you be.  Perhaps, if they like you, you might be able to pet them.  Just come find me when you want to leave.”

The Hollykage would next go the waters edge and set the turtle duck by his feet. He would turn back to the duo and smile, nodding in their direction, after which the jolly man walked around a dense grouping of trees and vanished.  The two Genin stood at the spring's edge.  The water was calming and it was like the scenery out of a pleasant dream.  Perhaps it was the lay of the land, or perhaps the sight of so many interesting animals, or perhaps it had to do with something else, but Kasumi breathed deeply and stood close to Gonk's side.  Her hand trembled slightly as it rested loosely next to Gonk's...

(WC = 985)
(TWC = 2007)
Gonk
Gonk
Citizen
Survived 2021

Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:07 pm
Soon after Kasumi squeezed the ring, the Hollykage himself appeared before their very own eyes. For the first time, Gonk got a look at the Hollykage, and Gonk wasn’t very impressed. Like he had thought, the man was very fat, but a bit taller then Gonk had assumed. He was wearing deep red robes and had a long white beard. Gonk could see that he would be helpless in a physical fight, but he also knew that the Hollykage had some strange magic. After the Hollykage greeted them, he explained what the oasis was and why they were here. He placed a small turtle duck he had been carrying into the water and then walked away, telling the two friends to find him when they were ready to leave. The two ninja stood at the edge of the spring gazing at 
the serine scene. Gonk felt very peaceful from the beautiful scene, but he also felt another strange feeling, one that he couldn’t put his finger on. 
“What am I feeling?” Gonk wondered to himself as the pair continued to gaze at the oasis. He also noticed a pleasant smell that confused Gonk. 
“It’s the middle of winter, why am I smelling flowers?” Then Gonk finally glanced over at the girl standing next to him, and the pieces started to click.
“Could this feeling be because of Kasumi?” Gonk wondered. For the first time, Gonk realized how close they were, their hands practically touching. Gonk had never felt this way about anyone before. Gonk noticed that Kasumi’s hands were trembling and her cheeks were once again red. Gonk wondered if it was from the cold or something else. Gonk continued to stand next to his friend, unsure of what to do. The departure of the Hollykage had been strange and he was unsure what to make of his new found emotions. So he decided to keep standing there, awkwardly gazing at the oasis.
[WC=323]
[TWC=1091]
Kasumi Hyuuga
Kasumi Hyuuga
Citizen

Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:28 pm
The wind was still, on this overcast day, as birds chirped and squirrels gathered last-minute nuts to add to their stockpiles.  Deep within the pine forest, Kasumi and Gonk found themselves at the edge of a spring.  Turtle ducks were floating on top of the water and swam with the carp which swam below.  A herd of sky bison cautiously made their way to the spring's edge taking turns drinking from the opposite side of the spring.  There was peace here which took hold of the soul.  

Kasumi's heart was pounding out of her chest as she stood next to her companion.  Her hand was shacking as if she had a tremor.  A nervous lump was forming in the back of her throat, which she tried to swallow.  She had never felt so anxious before – even when compared to the run in with the pirates on their first mission.

What the heck am I doing? Kasumi thought as she looked out into the spring; she dared not gaze into her compainion's eyes.

What was the Hollykage's game, and why did he wish to show this pet project to a couple of Genin?  He did not receive any reimbursement for his work – did his workshop covered the costs for both avenues?  But those questions would have to be on hold for there was something else which hung in the air.

Am I, am I about to hold Gonk's hand?  Is that what's about to happen? Kasumi wondered looking at both of their hands out of the corner of her pearly eye.  

Whether it was on purpose or by accident, for a split second, one of Kasumi's fingers would catch one of Gonk's.  If the Hoshigaki confirmed the hold, Kasumi would grab Gonk's whole hand.  But if he jumped away.  Kasumi would jump as well and apologize saying that she had accidentally been swaying from side to side from the cold.

Oh, crap! What the heck?  When did our fingers interlock with each other?  What do I do?!  Kasumi wondered as her eyes widened.

(WC = 338)
(TWC = 1360)
Gonk
Gonk
Citizen
Survived 2021

Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:16 pm
Gonk continued to stand next to his partner, the breeze ruffling their hair. Gonk felt something warm touch his finger, and when he looked down, he saw Kasumi's pale finger touching his blue one. 
“What do I do?” Gonk thought, starting to panic. “If she did it on purpose then I should hold her hand, but it was an accident then it would be weird if I grabbed her finger!” Feeling a rush of adrenaline Gonk interlocked his finger with hers, giving it a slight squeeze. Gonk felt Kasumi’s hand slip into his, showing that Gonk had made the correct choice. Gonk slowly turned to Kasumi and gazed into her milky eyes.. The two were unmoving, tranquilized by the oasis and energized from their interactions. Gonk noticed that she looked extremely nervous, and wondered if he looked that way as well. He reached out his other arm and put it on Kasumi’s shoulder, bringing her closer.
“What am I doing!?” Gonk thought, not in full control of his body. As she drew nearer, her pleasant smell of flowers enveloped him. If Kasumi went for it, Gonk would kiss her, but if she didn’t look like she was going for that, Gonk would merely hug her. And if she pulled away all together, Gonk would apologize and go to get the Hollykage. As he moved closer he could see the Hollykage sticking his out from behind a tree, giving Gonk the thumbs up. With the hand on Kasumi’s shoulder, Gonk stuck up his middle finger, telling the old man to fuck off.
[WC=261]
[TWC=1352]
Kasumi Hyuuga
Kasumi Hyuuga
Citizen

Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:57 pm
Kasumi was too afraid to move her head to look at her companion but squeezed the young Hoshigaki's hand while looking down in the water at their reflection – her eyes covered by her bangs.  A small smile crept on Kasumi's face as she pushed back her fears.  As they held hands, Kasumi realized that Gonk wanted to hold hands, too.  She would allow the magic of their surroundings over take her.  None of the nins could watch them from here.  No one could place judgment.  Here, in the oasis, hidden in Iron, felt the pressures on being a ninja fade away.  For the time being, the expectations, and suspicions of who she could become vanished like the wisps of steam which arose from the water.  

Gonk's hand wasn't slimy.  Nor did it have the consistency of sandpaper.  It did not feel like the average human's hand either, but Kasumi was okay with that.  It felt similar to a snake's underbelly.  His hands were smooth and cool to the touch.  It almost felt leathery.  It wasn't a bad feeling – just different.

Kasumi's breath immediately escaped her when Gonk drew her in.  His yellow shark eyes gazed back at her.  But his outgoing didn't stop, there.  The young Hoshigaki would even be so bold as to place an arm around Kasumi's shoulder.  Her pearly eyes widened as her body froze still.

Oh, no!  This is all too soon.  What's happening?  If I don't do something he'll expect a kiss or something! Kasumi thought as her heart raced and face beat red.

The young Hyuuga would take Gonk into her own arms.  Her arms wrapped themselves around Gonk's lower back.  Her head came to rest against the boy's own.  Kasumi's nose buried itself into Gonk's vibrant hair.  She would stay in his arms for a time, taking in the moment before moving her head closer to the boy's ear.

”Gonk, you have a pleasant scent.  I don't know what we're doing, but I like you.  Let's take this slow, okay?” Kasumi gently whispered in Gonk's ear.

Kasumi would call over the Hollykage, collect her promised trinkets, and ask to be teleported back home.  She would spend the rest of the day laying in her bed hugging a pillow while trying to process what had just happened...

(WC = 377)
(Exit)
(TWC = 1737)
(Claiming 17 stats, Mission Rewards: 30 AP, Chameleon Scales, 1737 words towards Chompy 5868/7400 new total)
Gogyou Bushuugi
Gogyou Bushuugi
Citizen

Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:37 am
Approved
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum